[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mtg/ modern general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 41

File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
The breaking and entering deck is a shit meme and will never work tbqh.

What do you guys think is the best deck in Modern right now?

What do you want to build right now?

What deck will get the next ban? It could be literally anything cause God only knows how wizards decides on bans.

What are you playing and hating?

Also wanted to add that the term whatcha is strictly for autistic/v/ neckbeards who play video games instead of having sex with beautiful women on Friday night.
>>
>>51400003
>Also wanted to add that the term whatcha is strictly for autistic/v/ neckbeards who play video games instead of having sex with beautiful women on Friday night.
Opposed to us playing card games on Friday nights instead of having sex with beautiful women?
Atleast vidya has simulated waifus in it
>>
I thought we didn't do editions.
>>
File: 1423266098985.gif (943KB, 264x180px) Image search: [Google]
1423266098985.gif
943KB, 264x180px
>>51400003
>What do you guys think is the best deck in Modern right now?
Tron, Jund, Abzan

>What do you want to build right now?
Epser Narset but with 4 Gideon's and 1 Narset instead of actually trying to make Narset a centerpiece of the deck. I just wanna play Blue Abzan

>What deck will get the next ban? It could be literally anything cause God only knows how wizards decides on bans.
Print Baleful Strix into Modern please

>implying anyone on /tg/ is having sex
>>
>>51400003
>It could be literally anything cause God only knows how wizards decides on bans.
>dredge and linear aggro are getting out of hand
>they get nerfed without dying completely
Yea but who could ever predict the dart board right?! Lmao!!
>>
>>51400099
Esper is objectively the most shit colors right now to be honest senpai, if you're not running green you might as well suddoku
>>
>>51400124
just let me fuck my robots man
>>
>>51400115
>linear aggro getting out of hand
>implying that could literally ever happen with burn jund and junk being the top decks of modern forever
>inb4 you post some magical Christmas land turn 2 deaths shadow kill
Wew
>>
>>51400177
You're an idiot. Burn all but disappeared. Junk is only now resurging and jund is hardly a gatekeeper for decks like infect and kiln fiend. Did you literally just begin playing modern?
>>
I don't know, and don't really care.
Some version of taxes that doesn't use Eldrazi.
>What deck will get the next ban? It could be literally anything cause God only knows how wizards decides on bans.
No changes.

>What are you playing and hating?
Affinity, Tron.
Hating nothing really.
>Also wanted to add that the term whatcha is strictly for autistic/v/ neckbeards who play video games instead of having sex with beautiful women on Friday night.
Frankly I'm more offended by the assumption I go to /v/.
>>
Is aristocrats a decent deck or nah?
>>
>>51400099
Jund is low key tier 2 right now.

Also Narset isn't actually a centerpiece of the esper deck. It gets better when you draw her, but you don't actually NEED to draw her for the deck to work.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170125-192554.jpg (172KB, 1383x706px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170125-192554.jpg
172KB, 1383x706px
>>51400206
Absolutely top meme friend, well memed indeed.
>implying jund can't deal with literally any creature threat
>implying burn has ever been less than 5 percent of the meta
Such fantastic memes, I toast to your memes.
>>
>>51400222
Decent for FNM. GP/Open? Nah.
>>
>>51400222
It's okay, not good, it's okay, it's just a worse creature deck than one you could be playing.
>>
>>51400222
Gravestorm can blow people away turn 4 while gaining enough casual life to beat aggro decks.
>>
>>51400283
You're seriously taking pictures now? Well after the bans? I'm done explaining why you're retarded.
>>
>>51400003
Jund, only because it is ValueTown.dec
Once I get the last 7 cards I need for Affinity? GB Rock. With Fatal Push and Grim Flayer I feel that there isn't much need for Red or White anymore. Plus Treetop Village is a monkey, and that is bananas
>What deck will get the next ban? It could be literally anything cause God only knows how wizards decides on bans
I'm not gonna speculate on bans for at least another week. Wait for another GP or something so we can get a good look at how the Meta is adapting.
Playing Burn and Affinity, because I'm a fat fucking faggot who likes to eat and/or drink between matches
Hating Dredge and Titanshift because beating them while playing burn is really hard.
>>
>>51400283

"Red Deck Wins"
>>
>>51400365
Burn is on the rise, as the decks that pushed it out are gone (suicide zoo mostly). Burn is T1 maybe 1.5 again.
>>
>>51400362
What is gravestorm? Care to elaborate?
>>
File: 1328221504491.png (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1328221504491.png
15KB, 400x400px
>>51400393
>Jund is the best deck in modern
>>
>>51400405
MtGTop8 calls Ponza "Gruul land loss" and Bogles "Aura Hexproof"
What is your point?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170125-193548.jpg (360KB, 1275x1506px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170125-193548.jpg
360KB, 1275x1506px
>>51400365
Sure we can do all 2016 decks, truly you are the mightiest memer.

>2 weeks after ban announcement
>implying the meta already shifted a noticeable percentage
Truly your memes are the greatest of our time
>>
I have exactly $143.33 to spend on a deck. Excluding the mana pool, what sort of decks can I buy with this amount?
>>
File: percentage.png (847KB, 869x900px) Image search: [Google]
percentage.png
847KB, 869x900px
>>51400206

not that guy but naya burn is still very popular on mtgo and is a usually a formidable tier 1
perhaps you're thinking of a different burn deck
>>
>>51400449

"What is your point?"
>>
>>51400416
Abzan Aristocrats that kills with Blood Artist/Zulaport Cutthroat triggers hence the name Gravestorm, but also can beat down with its weenies. Chord of Calling is of course an automatic include, letting the deck run a toolbox package, and Return to the Ranks is generally a win when it resolves. Abzan Ascendancy is a powerhouse too in the deck. It can goldfish wins around the same speed normal Storm can, but it's far more resilient to aggro.
>>
File: 1427770576266.gif (425KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1427770576266.gif
425KB, 512x512px
>>51400254
>It gets better when you draw her, but you don't actually NEED to draw her for the deck to work.
with the way the people who shill for the deck talk about it, along with it always being called Esper Narset or Esper Transcendent, makes it sound like she's the most important part

it doesn't seem like more than 1 or 2 are really needed and Gideon, Ally is dumb enough on his own
>>
>>51400409
Suicide zoo was about even with burn you cuck
>>
>>51400455
You can buy 1.4 tarmogoyf :)
>>
File: original.jpg (28KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
28KB, 600x448px
>>51400460
>tron is Junk colours
>>
>>51400254
>Jund is low key tier 2 right now.

Maybe if you live in the south pole and that's your local meta. Not in the rest of the world.
>>
>>51400508
G/B and G/W are the newest hottest Tron memes
>>
>>51400455
Dredge
>>
>>51400508

mtggoldfish just lists all the colors that are used in any of the the TRON variants that finish in the leagues
ie. G/R Tron, White Tron, and G/B Tron
>>
>>51400455

Build Restore balance and put in some Metalwork Colossus' for spice.
>>
>>51400542
*G/W Tron
>>
>>51400455
You can buy about 1/39th of a tarmagoyf deck.
>>
File: 13vp7o.jpg (33KB, 378x414px) Image search: [Google]
13vp7o.jpg
33KB, 378x414px
>>51400591
>"tarmogoyf" (what does that even mean) decks cost 6000 dollars before the mana base
>>
File: IMG_0275.png (134KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0275.png
134KB, 640x1136px
>>51400680
Tarmogoyf is a notoriously expensive card and one of the top 5 creatures of all time.
>>
>>51400722
So you're gonna put 39 in a deck?
>>
>>51400454
Truly you need to be euthanized. Looking at the entire 2016 isn't going to prove your point either. Keep up the fedora tier posting though. I don't even know what point you're trying to prove anymore
>>
>>51400793
>says linear aggro was getting out of hand
>says this can never happen while these three decks make up almost 20% of the meta
>lol but you're wrong and I'm retarded and don't understand you!
Another superb meme friend! Kudos
>>
>>51400758
Wow. Truly amazing. You are the biggest moron in the thread right now.
>>
>>51400758

>not knowing anything about Magic or Modern

Do yourself a favor and watch a couple months of Starcitygames and Grand Prix coverage, read daily strategy articles from places like the aforementioned SCG, ChannelFireball, Modern Nexus (even if it's trash), TCGPlayer, MTGGoldfish, Wizards of the Coast, etc. Talk to regular players at your local shop. Learn the game first before you light your money on fire.

I hope you're not just rusing right now and I typed all that for nothing
>>
>>51400809
So you don't play. Got it.
They banned probe entirely because of decks like kiln fiend, suicide zoo and infect. They banned GGT to nerf dredge. Are you still with me champ?
>>
>tron is a control deck
Finally someone who understands.
>>
What's the best way to play MtG (including Modern) online for free? Is Cockatrice still around?
>>
>>51400815
The guy said he had 140 dollars, guy says he can afford 1/39th of a tarmogoyf deck before the mana base, what other cards are you going to add to make it 6000 dollars and call it a tarmogoyf deck?
>>
>>51400507
>>51400591
I think it would be funny if everyone at the store started describing the cost of anything in terms of the current price of Tarmogoyf. It would be as stupid as expressing the cost of anything in Bitcoin.

>Someone opens a $40 foil
>Hey, nice 0.25 Tarmogoyf

>$100 Sealed GP
>I don't feel like spending 0.65 of a Tarmogoyf of and a whole Tarmogoyf to travel to a GP this weekend.

I'm just making up the numbers.

Because then someone is going to start expressing things in the form of a Tundra or Black Lotus, then I can have a shitfest about how their new Magic currency can go fuck itself.
>>
>>51400854
>tron is control
The only meme gayer than this one is gay lumberjacks.
>>
>>51400849
>he believes any of those decks needed a nerf or that they could ever be a large part of the meta when they get stomped by jund junk and burn, 3 consistent top tier decks
How many penis have you taken to the face today?
>>
>>51400483
isn't it just a worse abzhan coco?
>>
>>51400903
Stick to your shitty meta you drooling Neanderthal
>>
>>51400878
>I just spent almost a Tarmogoyf on dinner before liquor, the food wasn't even that good
>That's nothing, my friend spent 2.1 Tarmogoyfs for drinks for the table
>I don't even have 1/3 a Tarmogoyf in my account
>I just dropped 36 Tarmogoyfs on a down payment
>>
>>51400903
>Dredge
>Getting hosed by Jund, Abzan or Burn
I fucking wish
>>
>>51400487
You need to actually play the deck to understand. It's called esper narset because it's the only deck where she is run. The deck doesn't need her but as I said you do prefer to see her every game. Rebouding souls, esper charm or fatal push is just stupid value you're missing out on if you run her as a singleton.
>>
>The breaking and entering deck is a shit meme and will never work tbqh

Why do people hate the idea of a new deck in modern?
>>
>>51400958
We were referring to the all in decks
>>
>>51400947
>tfw people are so poor, tarmogoyf has a mythical price status
Kek
>>
>>51400968
Because it's not an interesting deck. It's just another "if I get a godhand the game is over on turn 2, otherwise I flounder and die" meme deck that tries to cheese out free wins.
>>
>>51400925
Sure, I'll stick to my meta where I'm correct and you're wrong and autistic if that's what you consider shitty
>>
>>51400003
Goblins:^)

Something fun and interactive, doesn't have to
be tier 1 would appreciate suggestions.

Deck? More like cards. They'll probably ban Mutagenic and Surgical next.

Playin: U/R prowess and G/W Tron.
Hatin: drawing 5+ lands in a row.
>>
>>51400003
I dunno. There's no clear winner.

Atm, I don't want to build anything I haven't already.

>What deck will get the next ban?
How the fuck should I know?

I'm playing anything tiered. The only deck I hate is Bogles. It's not a great deck, but it fucks me up on occasion. If you're going to beat me, at least beat me with something actually good.
>>
>>51400968
I don't hate it, it's just a less consistent more explosive grishoalbrand deck that people will meme around with for a while like they do with all Jank combos. I was very happy to see coco become widely played, I like the card and welcomed the decks cause they bring a lot to the format, the new b and e deck is just a shitty unfun oops I win deck
>>
>>51400947
I might start doing this.
>>
>>51401004
I would 100% recommend playing kiki chord, it is both fun and interactive, no matter what people tell you. You can tune it to your meta perfectly, and it's really fun. Honestly the most fun I have ever had playing modern. I really hope you ask me for a deck list cause I would like to provide it.
>>
>>51401047
>CoCo decks bring a lot to the format
I disagree, CoCo decks are the same kind of goodstuff cancer decks that everyone here loves to hate but for some reason they get a free pass because they're tribal
>>
>>51401004
>surgical ban
>mutagenic ban
The only busted phyrexian cards were probe and pod, I don't know why people think the other ones are even remotely worth banning.
>>
>>51401088
>I really hope you ask me for a deck list cause I would like to provide it.
just post your list if you want to nigga what the fuck
>>
>>51401098
I don't think they're broken, but wizards said themselves that Phyrrexian mana was a mistake.

So those are my typed cards for next banning since they're basically free.
>>
>>51401132
if they ban extraction i'm leaving modern
>>
>>51401132
>wizards said themselves that Phyrrexian mana was a mistake
Do you know specifically who said that?
>>
>>51401235
Maro
>>
>>51401160
There's still Extripate.

I really don't think there's anything unreasable with demanding players pay mana for Surgical Extraction. The bullshit around Phyrexian Mana is the fact that there are actually mana-free spells. There's nothing wrong with cards like Dismember, which is probably the only playable card that requires mana.
>>
>>51401297
>http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/151986948518/do-you-consider-phyrexian-mana-a-mistake
k senpai
>>
File: laughing gabagool.jpg (72KB, 960x690px) Image search: [Google]
laughing gabagool.jpg
72KB, 960x690px
>He thinks Jund is Tier 1
>He can't accept that he wasted thousands of dollars on a trash pile

Pretty funny desu senpai
>>
>>51400856
Xmage
>>
>>51401121

Okay, heres the basic list, I'mean going to leave out the sodeboard and creature tool box package, if you tell me your meta I'll make suggestions as to what I would add. Also I should start out by saying I don't like nahiri in the deck, I'll just be honest I don't think she works, the deck does fine without her, and I tried her, but I almost always would have rather had that card I cut for her in almost every game, she just doesn't cut it for me, and I assume people will disagree but whatever.
Creature
4x Birds of Paradise, 100% necessary, great card, always want to see it, even add a hierarch or 2 if you see fit. Fixes mana, ramps, you want 4.
1x Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker I feel 1 is the correct number, drawing 2 just loses the game, and honestly, you almost never want to draw him some games, and we can always pull him out with chord
1x Qasali Pridemage or receive sage, just got to have 1 main, I don't think it's correct to ever not run at least the 1
4x Restoration Angel, you can run less, I always find they provide me tremendous value
1x Spellskite, protects the combo, and won't be as good with the nerfs, but will still be good, he's just a good card, have 1
1x scavenging ooze, not as essential as spells kite or pride mage at times, but when he's good, he's really good
3x Voice of Resurgence, great card, run 3 at least in my opinion, he comes in and leaves an impact, just always good
3x Wall of Omens can have less of course but slows down ground swinging decks, 2 of them can literally buyou you 5 turns in some matchups
3x Wall of Roots can have less if course, but I like to have the mana, cause sometimes cording for big stuff early wins the game, or combing out as fast as you can with all the mana they provide.
Continued
>>
>>51401409
Land
1x Fire-Lit Thicket
2x Forest
1x horizon xanopy
1x Ghost Quarter
1x Mountain
1x Overgrown Tomb
1x Plains
1x Razorverge Thicket
1x Rugged Prairie
1x Sacred Foundry
2x Stomping Ground
1x Temple Garden
4x Windswept Heath
4x Wooded Foothills

That's my mana base, it's a little more red and can be fine tuned to whatever you end up with
Instant
4x Chord of Calling
4x Path to Exile just essential, both these cards are pretty vital to the deck, never go less than 4 chord main board, I like 4 paths personally, but you can go less, I have but I always go back.
>>
>>51401297
Are you sure? Maro once posted that Phyrexian mana symbols were not a mistake.
>>
>>51401354
>jund
>trash pile
It's literally never been less than tier 1.5 since moderns existence you cuck
>>
Paging Mardi vehicles chap from the last thread, I wanna see that list
>>
>>51401567
Mardu. Fuck phone posting
>>
>>51401444
Everyone hates what they can't have.
>>
>>51401567
>>51401603
>vehicles
>modern
We'll memed
>>
>>51401612
That's not true. I don't hate the things I can't afford.
>>
>>51400454
>Martyr Life
>>51400460
Don't trust gold fish's % right now, they removed the decks that had banned cards from their database but kept other decks from those times in it, until they get replaced with more recent results they're all skewed.
>>
I want to cheat out big creatures. What's the best deck to do that?

Tooth and nail? Reanimator? Polymorph? New expertise fuse meme?
>>
Alright guys, it's time to make " The Walking Eggs " a thing. I'm shit at deckbuilding but the aim would be Eggs, get rid of the Faith's reward package, replace it with Pia's revolution, 4 copies of ironworks, and a walking ballista as our wincon, hence the name.

What would the list look like?
>>
Is there an easy way I can sell my Infect shit and get in on that big green titan cock? Been playing it a lot online and really digging it and I don't need Inkmoths/Nobles anymore, but I don't know a good way to sell the stuff without losing a lot of money. Ebay seems like a huge hassle which is why I want to avoid it.
>>
>>51401727
If you actually want to attack with fatties tooth and nail. Grishoalbrand for winning by drawing your entire deck.
>>
>>51401727
No, no, no and no.
>>
>>51401760
Ebay is literally the only way to get your money for your cards. 100% the only fucking way besides trading. Takes time and patience, but it is what it is.
>>
>>51401760
I have a RUG scapeshift list, anon. It's roughly the same. You'd still need the Prime Titties and replace the blue cards with things like Explore/Farseek ( which I have ) and replace some mana base.

Want to trade? ;)
>>
>>51401834
Post what you have and I'll think about it but probably, yeah. Seems like an easy way to do stuff.
I'd keep most of my manabase, just the Foothills and Heaths, you can have the misty, inkmoths, all that jazz. Skite's in the board and I'll throw in the random stuff I use for various builds, extra distortion strikes and the like
>>
Bloomless titan is like 2 percent of the meta now and rising, can I try running it again?
>>
>>51401962
I tried it again a few months back and the new one is garbage.
>>
>>51401905
I'd rather you give your fetches also. The RUG version contains pricy fetches, like Misty, so yeah, you don't really lose value. You may even gain value since snapcaster is at its lowest right now.
>>
>>51401983
I feel like this is a losing prospect for you. Should post list so I can evaluate it but I'm still interested
>>
>>51401972
Is it really that bad? I feel like taking bloom away just slows it down a bit but doesn't hurt the consistency too bad, is it really that slow or does it affect something else?
>>
>>51402029
Well, I don't really know. I need to think about it. Thing is that I picked the wrong deck. Scapeshift is not that fun to me anymore. I like aggro decks or decks that are very fast, so by definition, scapeshift decks are a mistake.
>>
>>51402029
I doubt he intends to just trade the decks straight up, why not just trade the valuable cards that each of you need for roughly an even trade?
>>
>>51402052
Why would you play it over rg valakut?
>>
>>51402102
Versatility desu
>>
>>51402062
Lol I'm in the opposite position, I've played Infect for so long I'd like to play a deck that lets me relax a little

>>51402064
That's kinda what I had in mind and would probably be the easiest way
>>
>>51402144
How is it versatile? Every time I go up against it it seems worse.
Turns on removal
Folds even harder to blood moon
Turns on artifact hate
Has more moving pieces that can go wrong
>>
File: PIXECT-20170126032945.jpg (117KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
PIXECT-20170126032945.jpg
117KB, 800x600px
>>51402029
This is my list, anon. Sorry for the image quality
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 261x193px
>>51402280
>le Ebin sick floating cup full of shitty taste
>>
File: jOT8R6l.jpg (8KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
jOT8R6l.jpg
8KB, 248x250px
>through the breach is a 40 dollar card now
Fucking enough you God damn hoarding kikes give me a fucking break. Kiki Jiki was played 10 times as much and never went over 30 you stupid fucking jews, literally no justification for this.
>>
>>51402280

>Maindeck Pyroclasms and Anticipates

Have some fucking self-respect, please.
>>
>>51400003
>What do you want to build

Scepter Control
>>
File: IMG_0165.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0165.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>51402280
This is all my infect stuff part 1
>>
>>51402500
Have you ever played Scapeshift before? Anticipate is a core spot, that can be replaced with Telling Time, since DTT/Cruise got banned. Also pyroclasm is a perfectly legit choice. Infect and aggro decks are a problem, so those are necessary. You could argue Anger is better, but it's RR, which is painful to do in our deck.
>>
File: IMG_0166.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0166.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>51402280
>>51402623
Phone posting part 2
>>
Unglued or Unhinged lands?
>>
>>51402675
Guru, then APAC, the Euro
>>
>>51402675
5th edition or lower onlyy.
>>
>>51402646
What are the japanese cards? Also we should probably have throwaway emails to discuss this stuff. I'm interested in trading!
>>
>>51402675
Invasion.
>>
File: 1485022198621m.jpg (52KB, 1024x568px) Image search: [Google]
1485022198621m.jpg
52KB, 1024x568px
>>51402675
Unglued is literally shit. Unhinged is patrician.
>>51402646

>weeb shit cards
Get out, there's no fucking reason for this you fucking stupid bitch
>>
>>51402639

Maybe if your deck wasn't shit, you wouldn't have to play that trash. You should dump the meme cards and play GR Breach.

You're welcome :^)
>>
>>51402705
The blue ones are distortion strikes and the artifact is a grafdigger's cage, the green ones are viridian corrupters. It's all SP to the best of my knowledge except the finks might be MP

I've got a throwaway at dankmemesdankdreams@gmail, pls nobody spam me

>>51402732
They were on sale, lick my nuts
>>
>>51402761
Wow, you're literally 12 aren't you?
>>
Speaking about basic lands.

Which edition (vintage and full art ones aside) have the best artwork for you?

Avacyn Restored and Kamigawa for me.
>>
>>51402830
Yeah dude, you got me
>>
>>51402675
Unhinged is gross, nonfoil arena lands only
>>
File: sad-tom-brady-234.jpg (83KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
sad-tom-brady-234.jpg
83KB, 640x450px
Why doesnt someone who isn't a fucking huge kike come up with a thing like puca trade that isn't fucking retarded and actually functions? It would be really useful.
>>
>>51402732
>unglued is literally shit
>unhinged is patrician though
>hating on aesthetic foreign cards
>porn image
Everything about this post as shit
>>
File: 1484491424486.jpg (37KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
1484491424486.jpg
37KB, 500x611px
>>51402921
>moon runes
>aesthetic
>>
>>51402949
Let me guess, you prefer German or Russian
>>
>>51402964
No I prefer fucking English
>>
>>51402975
>I'm so dumb that I don't know what my opponent's cards do so I literally have to read each one that he plays
>>
File: Fuckingpleb.jpg (415KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckingpleb.jpg
415KB, 1200x1200px
>>51402949
>moon runes
>not the definition of aesthetic
How does it feel to be a pleb anon?
>>
hey fags, I have some cards I want to sell to my LGC and I've never done that before so I don't really know how to go about it. Any advice? The cards are in good condition (near-mint, I think, I don't see any damage at all) and in sleeves and a deckbox, and the priciest one I found is a copy of Doubling Season which is apparently worth like $50+. Now I don't really play MtG that much, so I have no interest in keeping them, but I did some googling for prices so I have a rough idea of what they go for player-to-player, but shipping cards properly sucks and I'm afraid the shop owner will try and gyp me. (I also have a couple cards worth like $5-10 each which I'm not too worried about, it's Doubling Season that I'm most worried about).

How should I go about haggling with the guy? Is it even worth trying, or should I look into selling them online? Anything else I should know before going in there tomorrow?
>>
Arena mercadian masques are the superior basic lands. You have to agree
>>
>>51403000
>I'm so elite I've never played against someone who doesn't understand every fucking card ever printed.
I remember some weeb faggot, probably like yourself, had the little anime girl sleeves and everything. Full Japanese deck. So my little brother is playing against him, and like the special autistic fuck he is, he casts a harvest pyre. My 15 year old little brother doesn't know what this is, the faggot scoffs and says "seriously dude? Look it up" I told him if he wants to bring foreign cards to the shop again he better be ready to explain it. Seriously, I have no fucking idea why weeks think they're superior to fucking anyone. If it had been a normal environment without a bunch of autists who have no idea what normal human behavior I would have told him to fuck right off.
>>
>>51403075
>he doesn't know that the board state must be clear to both players at all times
L M F A O
also hey cunt, that's chinese
>>
>>51403075
>Comes into the modern thread
>Bitches about people who know how to play the game
You seriously can't make this shit up
>>
>>51403008
Shops usually don't do better than 50%, if they do you're lucky, and honestly eBay is the only way to do it.
>>
>>51402865
what's wrong with puca trade
>>
>>51403100
Seriously? 50%? I know they gotta make a profit but damn. Why would anyone sell to a shop if they knew what their cards were worth? And what kind of gibbering mouther would sell cards to a shop without knowing what they were worth?
>>
>>51403098
Okay, name every fringe modern card and a brief description of what the art is and it's card text or fuck off, thanks.
>>
>>51403098
>Modern thread
>Cunt defending a cunt being a cunt
Can't make this shit up
>>
>>51403114
I've had enough points for a Lilliana on my want list for literally 3 months
>>
>>51403120
Naming cards off the top of your head and recognizing a card by its art and mana cost are two entirely different things, fagboy
>>
>>51403114
Ponzi scheme
>>
>>51403142
Oh can't do it? That's a shame, guess you can fuck off
>>
>>51400964
so is 3 Narset actually the right call?
>>
>>51400455
Budget Tron is a thing. Lots of cool Eldrazi to play. You can work your way up to better cards as you go.
>>
>>51400003
>The breaking and entering deck
???
>>
>>51403142
>Every fnm player can identify every card just by its name and art
This is some next level autistic shit
>>
Still waiting for infectanon to answer my email
>>
>>51403194
Alright then fucker, how about you name one good reason why you even came to the competitive modern thread? Oh can't do it? That's a shame, guess you can fuck off back to your EDH safespace
>>
>>51403226
It's just a shit tier grishoalbrand
>>
>>51403120
>>51403194
>the big bad weebs with their foreign cards bullied my baby brother ;_;
>g-get o-out of m-my shop ;_:
Pro tip: call a judge if you don't know what the card does you fucking faggot instead of coming onto a Taiwanese poker website bitching about foreign cards.

Literally kill yourself
>>
>>51403242
Link to a list? I have a foil playset of breaking and entering and I'm interested in the meme potential.
>>
>>51403226

8 fuse spells, 8 of the 'expertise' spells (the 3 mana red one and the 4 mana white one), and then mana dorks and fatties to cheat into play. The nut draw is you have turn 1 dork, turn 2 Kari Zev's Expertise to cheat Breaking//Entering for free and then put an Emrakul into play with haste to attack your opponent. Meme deck, and I hope it's not a real thing.
>>
>>51403235
>/tg/
>competitive
???????
>>
>>51403235
Are you seriously implying you shouldn't play or discuss competitive modern unless you know every single card ever played?
I've played against lsv and he read my Borborygmos enraged, fuck off.
>>
>>51403259
>being this pathetic
Dude, if you bring foreign cards to fnm just fucking explain them, how much of an elitist fucking retarded autist can you be?
>>
>>51403284
>and then put an Emrakul into play
Breaking//Entering reanimates, it's not a through the breach equivalent
>>
Original dude who probably fabricated the story: Harvest Pyre is a perfectly reasonable fun-of to play in UR or Temur decks that don't have access to the hard removal in black or white. Don't dunk on the weeb just because he was playing it.

>>51403259
>>51403194

Guy was talking about his 15 year old brother, you aspie fucks.

I can identify almost every card based on artwork going back to Urza's block. Help.
>>
>>51403340
It also gives haste
>>
>>51403353
Yeah but how the fuck are you getting an Emrakul off Breaking//Entering? How are you getting anything off of it on turn 3 without any self mill?
>>
>>51403340

Yeah, I know that. I guess I should have specified that it only cheated a creature off the top 8 cards of your library though.
>>
>>51403371
you can cast both sides if you can fuse the spell from your hand for free with brain in a jar or expertise
>>
>>51403371

>Yeah but how the fuck are you getting an Emrakul off the top 8 cards of your library when the card mills the top 8 cards of your library?!

RTFC, FRIEND :^)
>>
>>51403371
Where's the confusion? Breaking lets you mill 8 cards, it's fairly easy to find a reanimation target
>>
>>51403391
>>51403389
>>51403386
>>51403375
Disregard me then. I suck cocks.

Thanks
>>
>>51403298
I don't know what the fuck you people are arguing about based off that post chain.

Bottom line, if you are using illegible cards and someone asks you about them you do them the courtesy of explaining what it does or even better, calling a judge/player who knows. That way everyone is welcoming and accommodated.

Not everyone knows every fucking card, and even the best players have to re-read a card to make absolutely sure they know what it does so they don't get wrecked by some corner case. LSV reads fucking cards because he wants to make sure he doesn't fuck up.

And if you leave the Standard thread you had better have your big boy pants on because the reason why we're not in the Standard thread is because we're fucking tired of dealing with entry-level shit, which includes explaining shit that a non-Standard player should have learned to google by now. But it seems like some people in real life haven't even learned the common courtesy of explaining shit to others, which is disappointing.
>>
>>51403227
I can. I'm not interested in scrubs anyway
>>
>win local modern tournament
>prize was a box of Future Sight
>my deck is 75% Chinese proxies
Wew lad life is good. :^)
>>
>>51403339
>implying I don't explain them
I never said I did that anywhere in my post you raging faggot, I simply gave a solution to when you're playing with some autist who refuses to explain his cards which can happen even without the language barrier. You're the one who came into the thread and started calling people who use foreign cards weeb faggots just because of one bad experience.
>>
Can anyone here give advice on sideboard with Affinity? Best players at my LGS run Jund, Abzan, Grixis Delver, and Tron Eldrazi.
>>
>>51403441
post a pic of your deck. i'm curious
>>
File: 1349906309939.png (93KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1349906309939.png
93KB, 645x773px
>tfw there are literally zero good combo decks in modern
Why does it have to be this way?
>>
>>51403801
IKTF senpai, Ad Nauseam is lame & Cheeri0s is fragile as a mf
>>
File: IMG_20170125_182139.jpg (2MB, 2879x4078px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170125_182139.jpg
2MB, 2879x4078px
>>51403441
talking about Future Sight, I purchased this monstrosity of a miscut today. got it for $85 from a guy at my LGS
>>
>>51403801
We don't have cards hosing these decks, so naturally cards don't get printed for these combo decks to exist, or are banned.

There's a reason Rite of flame/song, Pod ( reminder that toolbox strategies are ultimately combos ), Cruise are banned anon. If you don't have cards like Daze, FoW to keep those in check, the format gets really frustrating for the other side of the table.
>>
>>51403801
Because there's no fucking counterplay and people want to be able to reach out and fucking slap your deck off the battlefield. All the combo that has been castrated if not sent to the chopping block in Modern experiences both those problems.
>>
>>51403868
That shits fake bro
>>
>>51403868
That's fake dude. I would know. I played with Villa fakes until I could afford the real thing
>>
>>51401758
no one's gonna help you if you don't figure out a decent deck name

>>51401727
reanimator
>>51401767
grishoalbrand is pretty good at attacking with fatties as well
you win a lot of games attacking for 15 or 22

>>51400455
mono green stompy. very few good matchups though
you could maybe make a troll worship deck sans hierarchs
>>
>>51403931
>>51403981
Please tell me you're trolling.
>>
>>51403995
You'll never know will you?

Maybe, consider if you hadn't wasted our time showing off, you would have been happily and ignorantly pleased with your sweet deal and purchase.

Now you might get all fucking salty. And you might lose your shit at whoever sold you it, and you'll never know if they were fooled themselves so maybe they were just ignorant too. Maybe you'll just feel bad.

My point is showing off in Magic is fucking cancer and I'm glad its blown up in your face.
>>
>>51404082
Autism
>>
File: 1485294991365.jpg (82KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485294991365.jpg
82KB, 540x720px
>>51404082
>this amount of projection
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>51404082
Why are you so assblasted? Show us on the doll where Mark Rosewater throatfucked your common sense away.
>>
>>51403995
Not that guy... I'm not sure myself, I would need a clear pic of the set symbol and/or mana cost to know for sure. Every fake I've ever seen gets those wrong.
>>
>>51403995
Nobody can tell whether a card is fake on the internet, so yeah they're fucking up with you.

I'd advise a light test. But even if it passes the test, it could still be fake.

The best way to see this, is having a magnifying glass, and seeing if the priting pattern ( you'll see what I'm talking about ) is also on the border. If it is, then it's fake.
>>
>>51403995
The colors are way too dark and the finish is way too waxy/smooth looking for a real card.

>>51404082
You are the cancer killing this game.
>>
File: 1472208555134.png (113KB, 359x332px) Image search: [Google]
1472208555134.png
113KB, 359x332px
>>51403995
>peoples still doesn't buy perfect cheap chinese copies instead of that MtG overpriced shit
>>
Well that turned to shit real fast
>>
File: IMG_20170125_185106.jpg (713KB, 2739x2533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170125_185106.jpg
713KB, 2739x2533px
>>51404171
Give it to me straight, doc.
>>
>>51403375
To be exact, you can put a grislbrand into the gy and still hit that if you whiff.

I still don't think running brain or srams along with kari zev is the best idea. It puts too much fluff in the deck.

I think the deck needs faithless and/or visions.
>>
>>51404273
What about Goryo's & Faithless instead of Brain & Sram's? Modern RB Reanimator
>>
>>51404197
They don't make chinese fakes of expeditions, foils or promos
>>
File: 1483719544681.png (60KB, 254x209px) Image search: [Google]
1483719544681.png
60KB, 254x209px
>>51404250
>has access to a loupe
>doesn't use it to verify before making a purchase
What really makes me mad is that Timmys like you absolutely demolish me at every FNM.
>>
>>51404250
Just light test it.

Put your phone light under it. If you can't see the art on the back shine through, it's probably fake.

All villa zheng cards fail the light test
>>
>>51404250
Anon ... as you can see, there's a printing pattern in the border. In a real MTG card, the border is plain white, or plain black.

So ... in other words, you lost a total of 85 dollars, for something that could be ordered for 5, for proxying it up for testing.

... My sincere condoleances, anon.
>>
>>51404318
That is instant reanimator, which is already a deck
>>
>>51404197
Somehow, people don't trust strangers over the internet when it comes to counterfeiting.
>>
>>51404197
Except they fail a basic touch test and light test, meaning you'll never be able to play with them at anything more than your LGS
>>
>>51404338
>>51404350
I'm a retard, I know. I'll talk to the guy tomorrow. He's a good dude and I've done business with him before, both buying and selling. There's a good chance he didn't know it's fake.

>>51404342
I tried it against my 'goyf that I pulled from a pack. The one I'm posting pictures of let through significantly less light. What a shame.
>>
>>51404395
Obviously not true. See >>51403441
>>
>want to just play emrakul
>no modern decks allow it without them being considered meme decks
Do I really have to play legacy to use this fucking thing?
>>
>>51404412
>local
It was at his LGS, you turd. Try going to any actual event with those cards and watch yourself get DQ'd for life
>>
>>51404424
Just play Frontier. :^)
>>
>>51404424
Jeskia Nahiri
>>
File: 1485013617523.jpg (13KB, 201x210px) Image search: [Google]
1485013617523.jpg
13KB, 201x210px
>>51404424
>emrakul
>not in a meme deck
>>
>>51404357
Except it doesn't use Breaking/Entering + Kari Zev's which is pretty cool & spicy
>>
>>51404197
>>51404461
Fuck off.
>>
>>51404467
The problem with instant reanimator is that it basically requires the same amount of cards to go off but if you don't win immediately after going off, you lose
>>
Why don't people use emrakul in TTB decks?

Surely, annihilator 6 is unrecoverable
>>
>>51404509
MLD wins every time.
>>
File: HqRVIiW.jpg (28KB, 625x461px) Image search: [Google]
HqRVIiW.jpg
28KB, 625x461px
>>51404474
>>
Hey /mtg/, how'd your day go? Sold some chump a knockoff 'goyf for like 80 bucks today, so I'm doing pretty good.
>>
So what decks arnt meme or degenerate to you guys?
>>
>>51404781
Anything Tier 1
>>
>>51404781
Lantern
>>
File: IMG_5721.jpg (234KB, 1251x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5721.jpg
234KB, 1251x445px
>>51402835
Urza's Saga or bust.
>>
File: 1484540675703.jpg (18KB, 430x553px) Image search: [Google]
1484540675703.jpg
18KB, 430x553px
>>51405097
>alone it may look like shit, but if you put 4 next to each other it looks like 1 big piece of shit!
>>
>>51403629
Some Thoughtseizes, whatever Etched Champions you aren't running main, An Aether Grid or two, some Wear//Tear, and 3 Blood Moon plus some grave hate if you think anybody will bring it.
>>
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Thoughtseize
3 Fatal Push
3 Path to Exile

4 Smuggler's Copter
3 Bitterblossom

4 Lingering Souls
4 Liliana of the Veil

3 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
3 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
2 Wrath of God

4 Concealed Courtyard
4 Shambling Vent
4 Marsh Flats
2 Verdant Catacombs
1 Flooded Strand
2 Godless Shrine
2 Plains
2 Swamp
4 Ghost Quarter

Sideboard
2 Fulminator Mage
2 Stony Silence
2 Rest in Peace
2 Surgical Extraction
2 Fragmentize
1 Anguished Unmaking
1 Timely Reinforcements
1 Blessed Alliance
1 Collective Brutality
1 Duress

R8 my meme deck
>>
File: IMG_5586.jpg (60KB, 364x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5586.jpg
60KB, 364x414px
>>51405197
Your hate cannot overcome my nostalgia.
>>
>>51401704
That means almost nothing you idiot.
>>
>>51405234
>playing smuggler's cunter in modern
>>
>>51405234
Mardu Vehicles will never be a thing in modern.
>>
>>51405338
>>51405352

Show me on the doll where the helicopter touched you. It's better than Intangible Virtue, in any event.
>>
>>51405440
You should have sold them before they got banned like I did. Sorry you're out $60.
>>
File: purest waifu.jpg (387KB, 1728x972px) Image search: [Google]
purest waifu.jpg
387KB, 1728x972px
>>51400003
the best deck in a vacuum is rg tron

i'm good thanks

probably goryo's vengeance or nourishing shoal because people are having fun and we simply cannot allow that

i play UW Jerks and i hate everything because, you know, hatebears.
>>
>>51405489

Eh, I sold them off in time on MTGO and they're playable in Modern no matter what you say :^)
>>
>>51405536

>the best deck in a vacuum is rg tron

Yeah, Tron does belong in a vacuum cleaner, thanks. Also the GW and GB versions are just better than RG now.
>>
>>51405541
Vehicles will never be viable in modern.
The sooner you realize that, the sooner you don't have to go 0-5 anymore.
>>
>>51405440
Until they can bolt intangible virtue no it isn't
>>
>>51405541
>dies to bolt
>dies to abrubt decay
>path
>push
standard cucks trying to play modern amuses me.
>>
>>51405536
the versitility of collective brutality arguably makes GB the best tron variant in a vacuum I'd say
>>
>>51400758

I'll put 40 just to win against you
>>
>>51405536
>put thalia in my martyr proc deck today
>stopped a meme fuse reanimator deck from having any fun
this is nice
>>
>>51405834
>>51405995

>Dies to Doom Blade: the argument

Every 2 mana threat without hexproof dies to at least one of those cards, you drooling retards. But I guess we'd better stop sleeving up Goyfs and Bobs, they die to Fatal Push! xD
>>
>>51406382
But Goyf doesn't die to bolt or require crew like Copter.
>>
>>51406382
I think there's a real possibility we may see less goyf due to fatal push, but I doubt it, it does well against every other piece of removal. But the bigger thing is if goyf is your only creature it can still attack, so it's never a dead card unlike copter.
Bob is just so incredible if it lives that it's worth the possible tempo loss to removal, pretty much the only creature that doesn't pass the bolt test that sees play in modern unless I'm forgetting something. Copter just doesn't compare.
>>
>>51406439
>pretty much the only creature that doesn't pass the bolt test that sees play in modern unless I'm forgetting something
Delver
>>
File: 20170125_190037.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170125_190037.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>51400003
Forgot I loaned out my fetches so ignore the janky mana base
>>
>>51406488
That's a modern deck?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRiG-7c9A3c
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>51405200
What's the deal with 1 or 2 Aether Grid?
2 in the side ideal?
>>
>>51406382
If you even think for a minute that smug copter even compares to tried and true modern staples like goyf, bob, delver, tasigur, Tks etc. then you're the drooling retard not me. Let's not get into how you need a creature for it to be relevant and when you crew it either dies or gets blocked by a one mana flip card and worst case they abrupt decay copter in response to the crew and you just tapped a creature for nothing. You can play your neutered standard deck in modern all you want, but it doesn't make it good.
>>
>>51406555

It's not a Goyf, or a Bob, but more of an Anafenza or a Young Peezy. A role player in the respective deck. BW Tokens doesn't need more help against fair decks (which, I'm totally admitting Smuggler's Copter is bad in those matchups) it needs help finding the right cards against all of the linear decks in the format that can't kill it (which is about half). And you can't really compare a 2 mana artifact to Thought-Knot Seers or Tasigurs. 2 mana does not equal 4 mana.

>>51406439

Steel Overseer, Blighted Agent, Ravager, Kiln Fiend, Bob, etc. etc. Plenty of playable cards in Modern trade down for Lightning Bolt, let alone the new Fatal Push.

>>51406458

Failing the bolt test means that it trades down, not at parity. If it also casts a "spell" either entering play or when it gets bolted (Eidolon, for example) that's not failing the bolt test.
>>
>>51405541
>they're playable in Modern no matter what you say :^)
i play them in UW Jerks.

started with two, now up to four. they're good. like REAL good.

you ever get the feeling that modern players are just chickenshit posers? kids are afraid to push the envelope because they might fail or worse they might have to face the fact that they're shitty magic players.

to quote el-p
>you don't innovate because you CAN'T innovate. it's not a choice, despite what you might tell your boys.
>>
>>51406458
that passes the bolt test. Costing the same as bolt means you're at no tempo loss.
>>51406692
Ravager passes most of the time too because it gets value on death. Correct on the others though.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 280x180px
F R E S H
N E W
M E M E

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enduring meme/

CRUSH THOSE NETDECKING FUCKS WITH THIS ON-CURVE BEAUT.
>>
i uhhhhhh have some very....concerning news about modern to a lot of people, this is coming from a guy working at wotc (hey man having wotc guys at your lgs has some perks ya know) and mainly concerns modern along with investing and a hearty bit of legacy

wotc is considering completely changing the fuck out of modern, in a big big way

>what have we seen recently?
git probe banned, grave troll banned, lack of zen fetch reprints, along with other reprints like damnation

>what is the implication here?
wotc doesnt want combo decks in modern, seething song's ban hurt storm, eye of ugin really hurt eldrazi (not necessarily a "combo" deck but the interactions were pretty nutty), git probe's ban hurts blue (and is a nail in the coffin to storm along with winging infect), ggt's ban eliminates another combo deck entirely (instead of just weakening it by banning out another card), splinter twin and summer bloom are both banned (killing two very popular and powerful combo decks)

i disagree with the probe ban, and was curious about it, so i asked my acquaintance the wotc guy (we'll call him Eric) after a few drinks and a couple bowls about it

the gist of it, according to eric, is that this is the start of some major changes to modern, they want to weaken blue because theyre going to hurt other colors soon and dont want to leave blue overpowered when the changes hit, this also hurts combo decks by preventing them from getting free info against control decks and free draw against well everything and was considered a pretty much auto include in every blue deck, especially combo dekcs

so, whats to come? some crazy fucking bans, and some unbans as well, this is all going to happen either on MMA3's release or the set after
>>
>>51407391
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enduring-meme/
fixed the link
>>
>>51407411
according to Eric, here is what wotc is currently throwing around

>fetchlands banned, lots of outcry against fetches, wotc has finally decided they may just be too strong for modern yet too dangerous to reprint outside of the Masters sets, khans fetch reprint was an experiment and it showed that shit is too fucking good to reprint and every deck pretty much has to include them no matter what

>as a result, deathrite shaman is no longer fucking OP as shit and can be brought back into modern (wotc didnt want to take him out since RTR was a newer set, so bloodbraid caught the first bullet, they didnt want to ban BBE as prior to DRS BBE itself wasnt oppressive). this makes evolving wilds good (i shudder at the thought i really do) and is going to reshape the mana bases for moderno

>because mana bases are going to be looking a helluva lot different in a couple months due to no fetches, MMA3 will not reprint shocks, wotc thinks that without fetches people are going to play much fewer shock lands and will opt for fast/check lands instead along with jamming things like Evolving wilds

>tarmogoyf is going to get the axe as well, they dont want to consider for a second bringing it back in standard due to fears of the price never declining and the price of the released set spiking in value compared to other sets in standard, if shops price up the packs of a Masters set, big fucking whoop, but if they price up standard packs that hurts people playing standard, which is where wotc gets the most coverage and money, and they dont want a standard set to be scarce or priced up by even a cent

>BBE will get an experimental unban during this period as well, with goyf gone green needs a slight power boost to creature value and BBE may just fit in well, however its head is in the proverbial guillotine for at least a set just to see how it plays out

>cont
>>
>>51407482
good stuff, do you write sonic fan fiction too or just MTG?
>>
>>51407482
>preordain may get the same treatment as BBE, the lack of fetches in the format means you cant do shuffle shenanigans with draw spells to boot, ponder is staying banned, but SDT may come back because you cant shuffle away shit top spins constantly

>theyre also experimenting with the possibility of a restricted list for both modern and legacy, legacy is pretty much guaranteed

>legacy restricted list is going to take cards to 2x each card, is going to immediately include a lot of the reserve list, including every single dual land, lion's eye diamond, city of traitors, gaea's cradle, mox diamond, and others that he couldnt remember (again, this was after some drinks/bowls), this is their "fix" for not being able to get rid of the reserve list, brainstorm is on this list too

>frontier is going to never be supported because its a cancerous version of extended and basically people are dumb for supporting it, wotc has taken into account that people "like" this format really only because its not modern and want to change modern to essentially appease these people and get them to buy back into sealed product like MMA3 (wotc is a business duh)

i have probably, oh, 4-5 thousand of modern staples sitting in a box and i am shitting my fucking pants, im offloading things like my goyfs and zendikar fetches etc, im de-investing in modern because people are going to be pissed as fuck when these changes hit, theyre mostly going to hit all at once, and there's nothing that we can do to stop this shit

this is going to badly damage modern in the short term, and reversing it may not revive the format should these changes kill it, but wotc is concerned that the format will just stagnate and die if they dont do it.

im basically selling everything that isnt my burn deck and isnt going to get unbanned, this is also really going to hurt legacy, prices of reserve list cards are going to take a good hit in their prices int he short term

>cont
>>
>>51407482
if the shops price up standard packs any competing store will just buy more. standard sets are unlimited print run, stores can buy a literally unlimited amount, as long as they're willing to pay they can order as much as they like.
this is all fake as fuck but at least try not to be a retard about it
>>
>>51407566
but because reserve list the prices will climb regardless

tl;dr

>fetches banned, goyf banned
>DRS is back baby, maybe BBE
>restricted lists for both legacy and modern, might bring SDT back to modern, lots of reserve list cards geting restricted in legacy

>>51407541
whether or not you chose to believe me is up to you man, this guys given me a good amount of info in the past on bans and everything along with reprints and the expeditions/inventions so i have no reason not to believe him

everybody local is being super tight lipped about it because wotc employees could be sitting right next to you while you play/trade and we arent trying to get Eric and anybody else who is leaking this shit into trouble, but hey because its anonymous here there's zero risk for me to say this shit

>>51407574
>competing store will just buy more
even shit that doesnt have a limit during its run has varying prices depending on stores

>standard sets are unlimited print run
their run does end, and the concern is that should goyf be in a standard set that they wont be able to keep their distributors with product in hand, its not liek the shit appears out of thin air

>stores can buy a literally unlimited amount
not fi its out of stock

>this is all fake as fuck but at least try not to be a retard about it

i tried to give you guys a hand but if you dont want it, fine by me, i lose nothing from you guys eating a huge loss on cards

really your best bet is to swap to legacy, goyf will still be legal there, and shocks might just be half decent with duals on a restricted list
>>
Remember when you could get tier one decks for about 200$? I absolutely loathe speculants and proffesional secondary market companies, especially scg and channel fireball for gouging the prices. Now we are looking at 500 on a good deal and average of 700. And wizards themselves arent helping the situation. They play stupid, but look at the pattern of rarity in new sets. Distribited to ensure that as few as possible cards will be modern viable, all of which rares or higher to make them as expensive as possible.
>>
>>51407630
It's in print for 6 months, goyf is going to be cheap as shit if it's ever in standard again. Far cheaper than flip jace which didn't see significant play til after origins was out of print.
>>51407630
>its not liek the shit appears out of thin air
oh yeah, I heard the world supply of cardboard is super low, they won't be able to literally print them off by the thousands.
>>
>>51407630
>>51407703
to expand on it a bit more, lets say goyf gets into a standard set, that set gets marked up to $5-6 a pack (shops will gladly make more on packs cuz their margins are shit on em and they have no reason to undercut other stores when they can make an extra buck off a packthat will still sell at an inflated price), demand will still be stupid high for that set, next set comes out and has nothing comparable to goyf, so people dont buy into it, and rightfully so cuz the other set has fucking goyf in it, but they want to push the new set so their distribs have a ton of the new shit and nothing of goyf set because it all gets bought out instantly

goyf price is going to get hurt, but now its going to be played in standard, the modern ban definitely hurts the price a good deal, but its still goyf, will still be played in legacy, and will see play out the asshole in standard

>It's in print for 6 months, goyf is going to be cheap as shit if it's ever in standard again. Far cheaper than flip Jace which didn't see significant play til after origins was out of print.
there is absolutely no way in hell that goyf will be cheaper than flip jace for long if at all, inflated price of packs will help to bolster it, same as the masters sets in that regard

>oh yeah, I heard the world supply of cardboard is super low
not nearly as low as yoru supply of brain power
>>
>>51407741
there will be no inflated pack prices. They have massive reason to price competitively since they'll not only not sell their current packs but lose their player base if they go to another store, who will be happy to meet the massive demand at MSRP. You simply have no understanding of economics if you think otherwise. Didn't read your stupid post any further.
>>
>>51407788
>there will be no inflated pack prices

do you really have such a short memory that you dont remember the hefty inflation on the Masters sets? look at the crash in pack/box prices once wotc announced a second run of ema, look at the inflation on commander sets (which have a print run for as long as product is selling), why undercut when nobody else it? not to mention a lot of stores (especially in the seattle area) base off SCG prices, i cant imagine seattle is unique to that so this isnt going to necessarily be a locality thing

>but lose their player base if they go to another store
and that other store is going to have similar if not same pricing on those packs, with goyf being a regular print along with a masterpiece/expedition print in the set (wotc sees these as a huge success and they arent going away) players will absolutely pay for the new pricing

enjoy your cucked budget deck buildilng, im gonna go off my modern shit and not lose a ton of money on staples (which you probably dont own in the first place lmao)
>>
>>51401727
You have to play the good old Proteus Staff/Manland deck.
>>
>>51400283

>Jund
>aggro

It's a fucking midrange/the rock type deck.
>>
>>51404197
>perfect
There are no counterfeits that would pass inspection by a judge on the market as far as I know.
>>
>>51407823

Should I keep my foil Zen fetches though due to foils being more in demand in Legacy/Vintage?
>>
>>51407482
>banning fetches
Wizards is not that retarded desu, if they want to save modern they just need to take a more hands off approach and only intervene when it is absolutely necessary.
>>
>>51404915
lantern is fucked in the post ban meta
>>
>>51407630
My dad works at nintendo
>>
>>51408916
Lantern can always be tuned though and this metagame is no different.
>>
>>51409022
good luck tuning to tron, tron and valakut. 3 decks that are going to be on the rise
>>
File: 1484636990392.png (737KB, 1280x786px) Image search: [Google]
1484636990392.png
737KB, 1280x786px
>>51404396
That's what happens when you buy real goyfs to kikes instead of fake chinamen cardboard that you didn't even noticed it was fake off of a sleeve.

Keep feeding the fedora jews and it's inflated prices boy!
>>
>>51409049
*tron, burn and valakut
>>
File: counterspell.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
counterspell.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>51408886
If the want to save modern they will need to uncuck themselves and reprint counterspell and daze. and players will have to uncuck themselves and stop crying about counterspells being unfun
>>
>>51407630

>fetches banned, goyf banned

They better ban lili or my bogles deck is completely fudged.
>>
>>51406547
Depends on how afraid of Stony Silence you are.
>>
>>51409049
>From matchup
Draw needles and win, although that matchup can just be a straight up coin flip at times. Also ghost quarter surgical in the main to keep them off of tron is nice.
>valakut decks
I only have experience with the RG titanshit but this one always comes down to getting a valakut in the graveyard and extracting it or getting bridge down early to stop Titan from dicking me.

The deck is tuneable to Tron and I'll probably need to do more testing on valakut decks. I'm more worried about burn/jund/abzan, but there was a list recently that ran leyline main board to improve those matchups and it went 5-0 so I still have hope.
>>
>>51409104
Daze and Jace, the Merfolk Looter might make for a really powerful Delver deck. Bounce a land you didn't really need then ditch it to basically draw a card for free, then flip Jace and Bolt your opponent. Actual value plays.
>>
>>51407823
I guess you forget Walmart and Target sell packs too, and won't be raising the MSRP?
>>
>>51400003
>the term watcha is something something hurr durr
Y'mean watcha as in 'watcha doin'?

If so then no, that's normal talk and you are the autist.
Anyway

>best deck in Modern right now?
Lantern, RG Breach, Tron (Notice none of them are affected in the slightest by Fatal Push.)

A Jund or Grixis that isn't shitty.
Sultai would be nice but not holding my breath.

>What deck will get the next ban?
Any remaining 0 cost fast mana stuff.
Mox Opal, Simian Spirit Guide, Lotus Bloom.
Possibly Eldrazi Temple.

Hating the combo shit floating around.
Grishoalbrand, Ad Nauseam, Living End.
Too many non-games.
>>
>>51409327
Yeah this - the rest are supplemental which have tiny print runs comparatively. No standard set has ever had supply issues for the simple fact that toy stores sell packs to casuals on a scale far beyond the rate anyone sells to anyone that knows what an lgs is
>>
>Zendikar fetches at rare
>Gigantic print run
>Regular RRP
Oh look I just saved Modern and made Wizards a shit ton of money.
>>
>>51406488
That looks pretty fun, are there really no other playable vehicles? And fuck everyone shitting on you, of course you know it will never be tier 1 who gives a shit
>>
Is it worth running Ruinous path sideboard as 8rack?
>>
>>51410021
What are you afraid of? Planeswalkers? Just play pithing needle
>>
>>51409941
We have to wait until they peak and then scg and channel fireball can sell them all out before they reprint you stupid fucking goy.
>>
>>51400449
"Red Deck Wins" is not burn. MtGTop8 has always just called it burn.
>>
>>51410410
RDW and Burn have always been the same thing. Just because it's now splashing white for a single card doesn't mean it's not RDW at heart. Pedantry just makes you look like a dipshit.
>>
>>51410021
Awaken isn't worth it being sorcery speed, hero's downfall is better
>>
>>51410475
It doesn't matter whether it's instant or sorcery speed, you can't stop a planeswalker activating.
>>
>>51409340
>ban fast mama
Wew lad
>>
File: 1475711582386.png (1MB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475711582386.png
1MB, 900x720px
FREE MY NIGGA GGT
>>
>>51410509
M8 I turn 1 breach emrakul with spirit guides feels good man
>>
>>51410731
>turn 1 breech
>essentially all you did was kill a land
Wew, we got a retard over here.
[_]O I am not Laffin
[x] O I am Laffin
>>
>Have as small a banned list as possible that accomplishes all the previous goals
Wizards is just fucking with us on this "goal" right?
>>
>>51400003
Probably Affinity or Tron however is still a bit of a tossup
I really want to build Ad nauseum however I am in no rush
Most likely opal will be hit next however anything could be a target now
Playing 8 Rack currently hating Leyline of Sanctity however slowly splashing Green for abrupt decay and pulse along with a golgari charm or two
>>
Why is it so fucking hard getting some sideboard/mainboard commons?

It took me 4 months to get playset of Nature's Claim and I'm still looking for 2 Delvers and couple of other commons like Funeral Charm, Geth's Verdict, Raven's Crime and Rite of Consumption.
>>
File: Random_ce3846_6151824.jpg (69KB, 640x685px) Image search: [Google]
Random_ce3846_6151824.jpg
69KB, 640x685px
>mfw I literally had to argue with a judge last night that artifact lands were too overpowered for modern
Like srsly nigga
>>
File: 1480714444083.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480714444083.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>51410809
It's k bro i ripped a bolt after . He was 17 from fetch shock
>>
>>51410927
>playing bolt in a combo deck
Sick bro
>>
>>51410900
There's this thing called eBay- you might check it out.
>>
>>51410970
>eBay
>50$+ shipping to my country

Oh hell fucking no.
>>
>>51411049
What do you live in Madagascar or some shit?
>>
>>51407566
>top unban
Confirmed for fake
>>
New thread tbqh
>>51411208
>>51411208
>>51411208
>>
>>51411218
Cause this thread wasn't cancerous enough
>>
>>51400003
havent played modern in a while but seeing goyf just made me throw up a little in my mouth
>>
>>51404395
Can you explain these tests? I got an Engineered Explosives and it feels slightly off. I'm not sure if it's fake though, because it didn't come to me in the best condition, so it might just be wear/tear
>>
>>51408807
>mtgtop8 is bad at classifying decks

Seriously? What other nuggets of truth do you have? I'm spellbound? Is Trump a shit president? Is Tron no control? Are lumberjacks gay? Is modern a dying format?
>>
>>51400947
I laaaffed :D
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.