[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My players will spend a lot of time on a big cathedral and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: cathedral_1_300ppi_fg29a.jpg (612KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
cathedral_1_300ppi_fg29a.jpg
612KB, 2550x3300px
My players will spend a lot of time on a big cathedral and I want to build it so to be as realistic as posible. How many people used to live in a big cathedral like Notre Dame or Westminster and what function would they take care of daily?
>>
>>51399207
Not sure on the size, but general housekeeping could include maintaining altars, sweeping, cleaning, as well as preserving any food or drink that might be used in ceremonies, masses, etc.
That and, of course, prayer! In addition, you'd also have general religious services, so there'd be members of the cathedral in charge of confessionals, donations, etc.
>>
Stop worrying about realism and just set it up already. The time you spend fretting about shit that doesn't matter is time you're not spending planning your game.
>>
>>51399372
your playgroup has probably never even seen an inspired setting judging by your attitude.
>>
>>51399348
I can figure most of what you bring, but to build it and put it on a map I have to be more specific. How many people? Where is the kitchen? Where do they shit? Where do they sleep? Where do they keep they stuff, and what do they keep? There are many pages were I can read about sailing ships and how many people you need, what labor does each have and where he does it. I need somehow like that but for a church.
>>
>>51399372
Quite the oposite. I'm having a hard time building it for myself so I want to know how it is on real life.
>>
>>51399423
>HURR Your game isn't good because it's not REALISTIC

Lol fuck off nerd you don't know me or my group.
>>
>>51399634
I know enough from your posts that there's at least one obnoxious kid in it.
>>
>>51399681
>Get btfo
>Y-y-you're underaged!

Fuck outta here.
>>
File: St Augustines Abbey Bristol.jpg (48KB, 479x395px) Image search: [Google]
St Augustines Abbey Bristol.jpg
48KB, 479x395px
>>51399207
>to live in a big cathedral
Well strictly cathedrals were generally in or near cities, or at least cathedral towns, so not many people live in them, but you've got things like the Cathedral Close and Bishop's Palaces which are generally nearby that actually house people and the secular functions of the cathedral.

Monasteries and Abbeys have people actually living there though, but numbers totally depend on the size and importance of the place. They'd also have more people likely doing shit that isn't directly religion-related.

Pic related, a plan of Bristol Abbey

For general activities in your large church, whatever type it is, there's cleaning, lighting candles, making sure you're all stocked with any supplies, preparing for Mass, taking confession, doing the finances, planning for holy days, meeting and writing to other priests, reading up on any new ideas, writing your own ideas, blessing stuff, praying, dispensing advice and counselling people, maybe copying a bible out - obviously some will be more for senior priests than others, but you get the idea
>>
>>51399423
>>51399723
You are both stupid.
Different people have different approachs for the same things, it's annoying when someone must be "dumb" for liking or caring about things you don't care about the hobby...and vice-versa.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.