[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Story Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 28

File: planarbridge.jpg (180KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
planarbridge.jpg
180KB, 850x500px
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/puppets-2017-01-25

Implications towards the next set!
Characters written somewhat acceptably!
People mentioning the Elder Dragon by name!
Did Wizards finally put out an acceptable bit of story this day?
>>
>>51394709
>Implications towards the next set!
One of Lili's demons is apparently there. Kaladesh was Chandra's block, maybe Amonkhet will be Lili's. Maybe even more cool Lili walkers to be printed? Then again, we just got like the 2nd best Lili ever so perhaps not.
>People mentioning the Elder Dragon by name!
"Tell me you didn't just figure that out." Yes Lili, please. You're my mtg waifu, please be smarter than this.

Also

>"Gids," she said through clenched teeth. >"I'm...I'm gonna let go."
>>
It also had Liliana animate a zombie too, which was nice to see.

I do think that the people of Kaladesh don't have necromancers, so them seeing a zombie for the first time is probably about the creepiest thing they've ever laid eyes upon.
>>
>>51394709
Acceptable, until the horrible scene with Chandra and Gideon. I would hope that Chandra finally dies on Amonkhet, but know that this will in all likelihood never happen
>>
Xth for DELETE GATEWATCH
>>
>>51395269
Innistrad was Liliana and Jace.

I expect we'll get another Liliana on Amonkhet, probably with another Gideon, a Bolas and two/three other walkers. We need a new Oath for the Gatewatch too.
>>
File: 1347542236559.jpg (14KB, 199x225px) Image search: [Google]
1347542236559.jpg
14KB, 199x225px
>another set and still no Phyrexia in sight
>>
>>51395494
The Gatewatch is here to forever remind us of Eldrazi winter
>>
File: 1398366626180.jpg (59KB, 584x244px) Image search: [Google]
1398366626180.jpg
59KB, 584x244px
>>51395754
>tfw Gix will eventually return and purge us of the Gatewatch
>>
File: lJwS4O.jpg (59KB, 575x210px) Image search: [Google]
lJwS4O.jpg
59KB, 575x210px
>>51395723
>We need a new Oath for the Gatewatch too.
Oath of Bolas, calling it now!
>>
>>51395723
My hope is we'll get a new Bolas card, a new Liliana card (or a straight up reprint of LotV), the planeswalker card related to Amonkhet (probably green-based), a new Jace, and a Jaya Ballard Planeswalker card for when Ajani shows up with help from Dominaria.
>>
>>51395854
What horrible scenario would need to happen for that to actually occur?
>>
>>51395878
I assume they'll eventually have an Anti-Gatewatch dream team of Tezz, the Gorgon assassin, Nicol Bolas of course, and a variety of evil doers from different planes.

And then they'll have to team up to defeat Phyrexia Reborn.
>>
>>51395854
Perhaps as an Anti-Oath, or an Oath for the destruction of the Gatewatch
>>
>>51395861
>Old Lady Jaya showing Chandra how to properly commit mads arson
>>
File: Baron_Sengir.jpg (154KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
Baron_Sengir.jpg
154KB, 600x471px
>>51395861
You know you want it
>>
>>51395878
>With a calm and controlled demeanor Bolas stood up from the throne in his sanctum chamber.
>The force of the the Gatewatch trying to break down the vault door was showering him with dust.
>He allowed himself a smug smile. As if he hadn't seen this coming like christmas. They had no idea what welcome he had prepared for them.
>The vault doors started to crack. Any minute now.
>He started to walk towards doors... and them stopped.
>A blast of concentrated mana exploded the door into a million pieces, caoting him with dust.
>His smile widened as the dust settled and the Gatewatch stepped into his inner sanctum.
>With a condescending look he inspected this, this, this band of justice. How laughable. A tired soldier, an autistic elf, Liliana of course and..
>His eyes suddenly locked with the great Leonin towering over all the others.
>Suddenly his heart skipped a beat and his world went pink...
>>
>>51395861
>Ajani traipsing around old and new planes to recruit walkers for the war against Bolas while the rest of the Gatewatch fuck around
>Soon there's a Gatewatch member for every plane and color combination ready to kick some Bolass
>The Gatewatch monocolor crew have shit the bed and are already attempting to overthrow New Bolasrexia on their own
>The cavalry arrive just in time to witness the five get rekt by Bolas' patented illusionary clone with 1/10 of the elder dragon's power exerted when jacking off
>>
>>51395941
Definitive In-Jacetice League and their colors (at least as far as I'm concerned)

Bolas (UBR)
Tezzeret (UB)
Elspeth (as a Returned, now WB)
Ashiok (UB)
Tibalt (BR)
Vraska (BG)
>>
>>51394709
Fun story, not the best but not the worst.
>>
File: wp_flusterstorm_2560x1600.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wp_flusterstorm_2560x1600.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
So when are these Planr Gate creating fuckers gonna accidentally either open a gate into a Phyrexian invaded plane, or simply attract their interst by using the same plane hopping tech as Yawgmoth?
>>
>>51396226
Not soon enough.

>Accidentally find an Old Phyrexian world
>get wrecked by Negators
>>
>>51396178
>Everyone's Black

What happened to "color doesn't mean alignment, you can be good black or evil white!"

I mean, sure, we've seen a few evil white organizations, but how about Wizards gives us a real WG villain planeswalker, who's just blatant evil? Please?
>>
>>51396440
White is the true evil color.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>51396501
>He doesn't believe in Norn's truth
>>
>>51394709
Tldr?
>>
>>51394709
tl;dr:
>previoysly on kaladeshi nights, gideon has feelings for Chandra, but she reveals that she self identifies as a missile
>liliana gon' kill tezz
>gotta make a zombie to kill tezz
>kaladesh no liek zombie
>liliana doesn't kill a bunch of kaladeshi soldiers on the way because maybe she's nice I guess?
>finds tezz and his portalnotportal
>fight scene!
>banter!
>liliana is the last person in the world to realize tezz is working for bolas
>turns out liliana has a demon on amonkhet
>gideon was willing to try being a missile too, maybe this relationship can
>EXPLOSION!
>the gatewatch survived, tezz probably did too.
>>
Will Tezzeret ever succeed at anything?

I'm starting to feel bad for the guy
>>
>>51396178

Nixilis, Nahiri and Garruk will almost definitely be in the League of Bolas
>>
>>51395861
We're guaranteed to get a Bolas card, since Bolas cards are already referenced in Dart Intimations.

Does it really need to be a new one? The original one is badass and newer players may be excited to see how the recently printed ugin is a mirror card to it.
>>
>>51396813
You should. He's been mind raped so many fucking times that he can hardly call any part of his mind his own any more.

Furthermore, he gets his ass kicked by the fucking Gatewatch. Which is a sympathetic situation for anyone.
>>
>>51396607
Thanks for reminding me that today is KonoSuba day.
>>51396813
He succeeded in making his arm and that's about it.
>failed to be a Seeker of Carmot
>pulled a coup on Bolas and then failed to go anywhere with it
>had his best book revoked from canon
>didn't really get anything done on Mirrodin, but he was just there to be a roadblock anyway
>planar gate destroyed
Tezz is literally written to be a bumbling henchman.
>>
Urza gets revived after Karn has been trashed to oblivion. How fucked are we?
>>
>>51396857
no they won't, even bolas isn't going to keep Ob off Nahiri's throat in close quarters and garruk is at constant risk of killing any planeswalker in his vicinity for the hell of it.
>>
>>51396178
>No nix
>no really pissed off sorin
>>
>>51397137
You don't need Karn to die for Urza to fuck everyone over.
>>
I would like to see the gatewatch continue to kick tezzs ass, and for the consul to win because of tezzy distracting them
>>
>>51397209
Sorin is fucking dead
>>
>>51397463
no, he's just stuck in a rock.
>>
>>51397479
now that I'm thinking about it, can't planeswalkers planeswalk to another plane whenever the fuck they want? couldn't he just planeswalk the fuck outta that rock somewhere else?
>>
>>51397516
It's a magic rock
>>
>>51397516
Oftentimes in stories, many bonds that are seemingly purely physical somehow (most likely through magic) stop heroes and villains from "just planeswalking the fuck outta them" or whatever clever means of magical escape they might use.

In other words, it may seem like being able to teleport would solve the problem of being stuck inside a rock, but oftentimes it isn't so, if only because the story is better served by not trivializing nonlethal forms of pacification.
>>
>>51397516
Planeswalking takes a lot of focus and it's hard to concentrate when you're being constantly slashed by rocks.
>>
>>51397516
It's explicitly said in the story that Nahiri made the rock continually crush his entire body so he would be unable to focus enough to planeswalk.

His body is pretty much being ground into a liquid slurry, allowed to regenerate, and then crushed again. Forever and ever.
>>
>>51397516
when nahiri trapped him it was said he was kept in just enough pain to deny him the focus to planeswalk. theoretically he could grow numb to the pain of being fused to a fucking rock and then 'walk away, but that could take a while
>>
>>51397516
The rock is penetrating him. He is in too much pain to focus for planeswalking.
>>
>>51397639
>The rock is penetrating him
>The Rock is penetrating him
>>
>>51397137
>Urza gets revived
>Becomes the new Father of Machines

We're fucked
>>
>>51396440
I am of the opinion that Selesnya are the true villains of Ravnica
>>
>>51397639

Granted, that was just meant to hold him in place long enough for Memerakul to finish him off with the rest of the plane while Nahiri bounced.

I suspect since that didn't happen, someone is going to discover to their cost that rage is a hell of an anesthetic, and Sorin will get loose eventually.

He will probably be at least half-insane from the pain, isolation, blood starvation, and UNYIELDING RAGE, but that's really going to be everyone else's problem.
>>
>sorin breaks free of his rock prison after being driven 50 % insane
>sees all of his hard work destroyed
>gets fucking pissed
>really fucking pissed
>pledges to find every member of the gatewatch and kill them for what they did to his home
How fucked are the gate watch?
>>
>>51398915
But they saved it, they just didn't save him since he was being an emo dick
>>
File: FUCK EVERYTHING.jpg (124KB, 1280x935px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK EVERYTHING.jpg
124KB, 1280x935px
>>51398915

To be fair, he never even met Jace. The Gatewatch is a nonsense word to him, he just knows Nahiri ruined everything and then Olivia stabbed him in the back and stole his sword when he needed her help.

Which...I'm imagining won't go so well for the Voldaren bloodline when Sorin can move again.
>>
>>51399018
He met Jace and Tamiyo when he WAKE ME UP INSIDEed Avacyn
>>
>>51396857
Nahiri isn't evil as much as she is buttmad.
>>
>>51399294
I recall they were pretty much in the background from Sorin's pov. He was just there to end Avacyn
>>
>>51399976

To be fair, enslaving an entire species and then engaging in genocide because you're butthurt is fairly evil.
>>
>>51396022
I would pay good money for this.
>>
>>51400041
When Sorin met Tamiyo and Jace, he only recognized her because she was the weird planeswalker that was studying Innistrad's moon and he was kind of curious to read her research. To my knowledge, he thought Jace was a mook and gave literal 0 fucks about him.
>>
>>51400106
In her mind, she blames Sorin and Ugin for not showing up when the Eldrazi broke loose on Zendikar, and went full on scorched earth mindset against Sorin after seeing Zendikar getting fucked over by Ulamog and Kozilek.
>>
>>51400318

I understand her REASONS, I'm just pointing out it's still evil to decide everyone living on the same planet as the guy who stabbed you in the back deserves to die because your home got rekt.
>>
I like how tsundere Liliana is when Tezz ask about him:

>Ohh so you have feelings for him?
>N-No! Shut up, baka!
>Then how come you still hang around him?
>I only use him to kill my demons, it's not like I love him or anything...
>Why all your zombies wear a blue cloak?
>...it's the lastest trend in necromancy
>And what about that tattoo on your chest 'BELEREN'S BITCH'?
>...it was given by one of my demon lords?
>>
>>51400880

She appears to be a huge Tsundere. She keeps talking about meat whenever Gideon shows up.

Doesn't seem to realize pretending she's just hungry doesn't hide how thirsty she's getting.
>>
>>51400342
When you have 1000+ years old, trapped and fucking piss, "good" or "bad" are meaningless.
>>
File: jv0wo5.png (411KB, 382x600px) Image search: [Google]
jv0wo5.png
411KB, 382x600px
>wotc is never gonna make Planeshift: Ravnica
>feelsbadman
>>
>>51394709
So, we'll most likely get Gideon + your pick of Jace or Lilliana (Lilli has a better shot imo tho). Then there's Bolas and up to two other characters, of which one of them HAS to be a new character and an Amonkhet local to keep the character rooster getting fresh blood.

We are also getting another Oath, so there needs to be a returning character who will either get the last spot in Amonkhet or one of the two in Hour of Devastation. Who do you guys think this returning character could be?, I'm thinking...

>Sarkhan
>Ugin
>Narset

I think Sarkhan has a good shot of appearing in the first set while Ugin could appear in the second, Narset is kind of a wild card though.
>>
>>51402914

>Oath of Sarkhan
>GUR
>When Oath of Sarkhan comes into play create a 4/4 Red and Green Dragon creature token with flying.
>At the beginning of each end step, if a planeswalker entered the battlefield under your control this turn, create a 4/4 Red and Green Dragon Creature token with flying
>"As long as I get to keep having sex with dragons, I'll keep watch."
>>
>>51402914
>Ugin
Isn't he like, SUPER dead at this point in the storyline?

>>51405359
>3 drop making a 4/4 flyer
>>
>>51405578

Ugin is alive thanks to Sarkhan's time traveling shenanagins. Also he was on Zendikar for BfZ and Oath.

Also I wanted to make Sarkhan's Dragon fetish evident.
>>
>>51405578

Ugin is super alive actually, restored by the plot device that was the Tarkir Block.

What the fuck he's doing though is a good question.
>>
>>51402914
I'm calling Narset. I bet she did well in popularity polls plus she's cute.

Sarkhan could make a return but I highly doubt it since there weren't dragons in ancient egypt (cue to some historyfag), unless he's there to have a revenge against Bolas or something.
Or both! Narset in Amonkhet and Sarkhan in Hour of Devastation.

Speaking of which, will the Jacetice League win and have Bolas escaping or will they be defeated? I'm rooting for Bolas in this one.
>>
>>51400318
sounds pretty evil to me
>>
>>51408094
they go rush in unprepared, against Ajani's judgment. This sounds as if they get a bloody nose (and hopefully, Nissa or Chandra dies)
>>
>>51408094
>>51409206
I don't think wizards have the guts to kill off any of the mono plainswalkers, seeing as so much marketing have gone behind them that Wizard's Marketing Dep. would throw a hiss fit if they even suggested such a thing.

So if anyone dies it will be Ajani or some no name background planeswalker
>>
>>51409206
They won't kill anyone of the Jacetice League, I'm expecting two of them seriously injured and/or mentally broken.
>>
>>51395788
Who's Gix, I'm a newbie, is he a cool guy who could wipe the floor with the baywatch?
>>
>>51409431
>>51409495
It would be amazing if they kill one of them, like a sudden twist in this simplistic, predictable, saturday morning cartoon crap, but sadly it won't happend.
>>
I just hope Bolas will wreck half of Jacetice league.
>>
>>51409522
He went toe to toe with Urza.
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Gix
>>
>>51400342
>>51408961
Good and evil is something beyond oldwalkers. At that point, everything's just an interplanar game of chess.

Sorin saw Zendikar as Nahiri's shit and saw no reason to care about it. He didn't see it as a world.
Similarly, Nahiri saw Innistrad as Sorin's property rather than a world. She wasn't committing genocide and destroying an entire plane, just was just wrecking Sorin's house.

It's a case of oldwalkers being oldwalkers and everyone else just going "dude, what the hell."
>>
>>51409522
almost anyone can beat the gaywatch. its not hard, wotc is just making everyone in the universe job to them
>>
Does anyone have The Secretist pdf?
>>
>>51405578
It's 3 different colors. I think that's reasonable.
>>
>>51408094
>>51402914
We're moving on to two-color walkers now for Oaths and I'm not sure they'll do a WU-walker in Amonkhet after Kaladesh had a WU-walker of its own.

Maybe a RG Sarkhan. RG hasn't gotten planeswalker love since Theros.
>>
>>51410527
Arlinn Kord was in SOI
>>
File: scalesona.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
scalesona.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>51405660
Sarkhan isn't a dracosexual. He's an otherkin who happened to be right about being a dragon.
>>
>>51409431
>Ajani dying
Pls no, don't make me think about it :'(
>>
>>51410890
Nicol Bolas and Ajani are the only planeswalkers I care about at the moment. Everyone else is just so boring.
>>
>>51398915
They'd be pretty fucked. Even Lili is scared shitless of Sorin. The only reason why he's as grossly incompetent as he is half the time is because he's a lazy arrogant fuck. But piss him off enough, and assuming he doesn't act retarded, he would positively wreck the Gatewatch's collective nuggets.

That being said, I highly doubt he ever would. After he gets out of that rock, his first target is Olivia. He'll want his fucking sword back. Then (after some possible genocide on Innistrad) he's going straight for Nahiri. I suppose he might vindicate Lili if he ever sees her, since she busted Nahiri out of the Helvault. But I seriously don't think the Gatewatch even registers on his radar so long as they don't draw his attention.
>>
>>51410865

So what should his oath do? Turn a Planeswalker you played before your combat step into an Industructable 4/4 Legendary Dragon with Flying and Haste until end of turn at the beginning of combat?
>>
>>51399976
If I were DMing this game, I'd declare wrecking a whole plane because you're buttmad a decidedly evil action.
>>
>>51411076
I mean, Sorin and Ugin both let her homeplane be destroyed. I'd be pissed too.
>>
>>51411107
Pissed, evil, and shilling for yourself on /tg/. No one thinks you're the good guy but you, Nahiri.
>>
>>51411107

To be fair Ugin was dead/comatose depending on the timeline.

Sorin was still a dick though.
>>
>>51411107
Ugin was dead/hedron'd and Sorin was deaf. Not really "let her plane die" so much as "didn't know anything was going down." And in their defense, Sorin did come the second time and even went to find Ugin.
>>
Dumb question and probably unanswered, but when Sarkhan traveled back in time to before the Mending did he have Oldwalker powers while he was there and just never tested them because he never knew it?
>>
File: dungeon-meshi-23.png (55KB, 181x261px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon-meshi-23.png
55KB, 181x261px
>Ral Zarek is never gonna be relevant again
feelssadman
>>
>>51411072
I dunno, I can't imagine him being enough of a team player to join the Gatewatch. Especially if they end up doing things that don't involve dragons.

Honestly, Sarkhan has been fucked so hard that I wouldn't mind if they just left him alone with his good ending. I like the idea of him being unbroken.
>>
>>51411217
don't worry, we have a new UR-walker: Our super-special FEMALE and INDIAN planeswalker who likely will become part of the super popular Gaywatch later
>>
>>51411267

Doubtful. Sarkhan will end up seeking revenge at some point. They'll probably kill Narset so he has a reason to seek revenge against Bolas or some other contrived plot to get him to join the Gatewatch.
>>
>>51411217

They have to return to Return to Ravnica at some point, and he'll be relevant again. Maybe he'll even join the Gatewatch so Jace can stay on Ravnica and be the Guild Pact.

>"If it means you'll stay here and do your fucking job Jace, I'll keep watch."
>>
>>51397137
There isn't a Yawgmoth to direct his villainy towards, so Exceedingly Fucked.
>>
>>51402914

Amonkhet needs a Blue PW and I've been praying for a Sphinx for years.
>>
>>51411217

He literally showed up in the story a few months ago, shut up. He'll get a card in Return to Return to Ravnica.

>tfw Koth is probably dead and will never be the R/B Gatewatch member
>>
>>51396178
I would throw in an extra curve ball for Lilli and suggest fully corrupted Garruk.
>>
>>51412152
>fully corrupted

please keep up with the story, anon, his curse was stopped years ago
>>
>>51411181
We don't know. Probably, though, because the nature of What A Planeswalker Is is what changed.
Which might be why he's got a few scales in his human form now, if that's the case. A bit of unconscious transformation that stuck.
>>
>>51412097
>yfw Bolas is earmarked as the designated blue walker for the block
>>
>>51397137

>Urza is revived
>On Mirrodin
>No Yawg
>Masturbates furiously to Newrexia, then proceeds to steamroll every other plane
>>
>>51398469
Olivia totally knows Sorin is stuck in the rock, and she was fine with him being there.
>>
File: 1482787979630.jpg (26KB, 552x437px) Image search: [Google]
1482787979630.jpg
26KB, 552x437px
Post your reaction when Amonkhet has a lich planeswalker.
>>
>>51412241

Undead can't be Planeswalkers. Being undead causes them to lose their spark.
>>
>>51411107
To be fair, Ugin was dead and Sorin had accidentally unplugged his phone. He wasn't even averse to going to Zendikar when Nahiri turned up, he literally couldn't at that exact moment because he had spent too much energy creating Avacyn. He returned to Zendikar as promised when the seals broke again.

Sorin's only dick move was sticking Nahiri in the Helvault. Which was indeed a huge overreaction.
>>
>>51412270
>implying WotC gives any fucks about the lore
>>
>>51412115

Koth is confirmen non-death in the latest
Phyrexian Arena
>>
>>51412174
It wasn't stopped it was slowed down greatly by shoving a hedron into his chest. He's still getting more black, just at a far slower rate.
>>
File: IMG_6868.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6868.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>51412530

And it has a really badass flavor text.
>>
>>51409522
Second in Command to Yawgmoth.
>>
Just got home from work and gonna catch up on the story articles. But first, a nap.

I left off with the story articles leading up to the Aether Revolt climax.
My burning questions are

>Is red still a hell of a drug?
>Will Jace put out to Liliana?
>Will Yahenni get a spark?
>Will Amonkhet be based as fuck?
Are there any questions more pressing than those?
>>
Grecian invasion of ravnica when?
>>
>>51415097
Phyrexian
>>
>>51415119
Never, because they have trouble getting enough space for the ten guilds, adding Phyrexia to the mix as well is out of the question.
It will be the one plane guaranteed to be forever free from Phyrexia's grasp solely for that reason.
Or from the Eldrazi. Or from anything else that requires any substantial number of cards to represent.
Because you can't have Ravnica without the Guilds.
>>
>>51415556
>>51415119
>>51415097
Phyrexia will invade Theros first to push Elspeth into the Gatewatch
>>
>>51411217

He and Jace are sort of friends now, so I feel like Ral will be relevant at some point, but I don't see him joining the watch.

I do see him being annoyed that Jace is probably going to make him keeping Niv Mizzet in the dark about planeswalkers more and more complicated, though.
>>
>>51415067
>>Is red still a hell of a drug?
Yes

>>>Will Jace put out to Liliana?
No, but he will put it out for one of her zombies while she watches.

>>Will Yahenni get a spark?
I mean, if she does it'll only last, like, 5 minutes.

>>Will Amonkhet be based as fuck?
Hah.
>>
I want a new Garruk

I want someone telling Garruk that Bolas is the biggest planeswalker he can hunt and that Lili is in Amonkhet as a bonus

I want hour of devastation to feat an egyptian plane invaded with huge-ass vegetation and wild beasts
>>
File: 1484799363149.png (123KB, 243x498px) Image search: [Google]
1484799363149.png
123KB, 243x498px
>>51409893
bump
>>
>>51411760
She didn't even do anything in the setting for more than maybe 4 paragraphs. Why don't you pick up your red arm band, massage your sieg-heil-ing shoulder, and take a breather, man.
>>
>>51396178
That's not Koth.
>>
Returnedspeth isn't going to happen, I'm 90% sure. For fuck's sake, "the resurrection" is the second to last step of the Hero's Journey, and Elspeth just HAPPENED to be betrayed and murdered on a world where she could conceivably escape from the afterlife because the underworld is still part of the plane.

Returned don't have souls, so they can't have sparks. You MIGHT make an argument for Elspeth's EIDOLON being her next planeswalker card, being the first spark we've seen that is basically just a soul, but the Returned/Eidolon thing doesn't really work as a way forward for Elspeth; when you go that route, you lose yourself forever. Nothing that came before is left, and so she wouldn't be Elspeth and has no reason or means to continue Elspeth's plot thread.

Elspeth's gonna get a True Resurrection, pretty sure.
>>
>>51397977
I thought Niv was the bad guy in Gatecrash?
Or maybe everyone's the bad guy?
>>
>>51420461

RTR was pretty big on "ALL THE GUILDS ARE BASTARDS."
>>
>>51395861
>LotV ever getting reprinted in a Standard set
Found the idiot.
>>
Fucking planes walkers. New guy bolas, Gideon and some other rotating or not represented walker colors. They may cut down on walker numbers or toss in a new jace
>>
>>51420293
Also, the last we heard of Dack Fayden, he was descending into Nyx to seek help against Ashiok eating Theros' nightmares or whatever,..

A new Theros block with no Gatewatch would be pretty bitchin. Or maybe I just want a new Dack fucking Fayden.
>>
>>51421033

I'd be up for that.

I'm not sure why, but I kinda want to see Ashiok analyze the Gatewatch and take them out with their worst fears, but ignore Gideon because nothing would scare Gideon more than watching all his friends die again.

Ashiok supposes this will paralyze Gideon, but seeing his worst nightmare playing out again has the opposite effect, and Ashiok gets punched so hard they see the curvature of the plane.
>>
>>51399294
"CAN'T WAKE UP" - Avacyn
*unintelligible beatboxing* - Jace Beleren
>>
>>51420293
>Venser will never come back
is there even a point of playing anymore?
>>
File: Asceticism.png (312KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
Asceticism.png
312KB, 500x367px
Thread poll:

>Who is currently the most interesting/well-written character of the Gatewatch?
>Who is the least interesting/worst-written character of the Gatewatch?
>What has been the greatest strength and weakness of post-BFZ storytelling?
>What writing practices would improve the overall quality of post-BFZ storytelling?
>Who is the best/worst current writer for WotC?
>>
>>51421374

I'm gonna go with Gideon, honestly. I sorta thought of him as "the third white walker" before all this business came up; Elspeth and Ajani were 1 and 2 to me. Since he's taken a larger role in the lore, though, his character has really grown on me. We're going in a superhero direction for a while, and Gideon is pretty ideal for that scenario, both with his ability to be a moral center for the group and his own inner conflict with his superman complex. Straightforward no-bullshit good guy you can root for but has some depths.

This is kinda tough to say. My gut reaction is Liliana, because I feel like while her reason for running with them is well-established, the reason any of them trust her is much more vague, and she's smug enough it's hard to ever really like her personality while consistently having lines that undermine the gravitas of any situation. Say Gideon's fucking name sometimes, for christ's sake.

I do feel this style gives us a previously unprecedented chance for more cohesive story arcs and character development, as pre-BFZ it tended to be "these two or three PWs take point in this block but you may not see them again for years afterwards" and things are very loosely tied together. On the flipside, though, there is a risk of people feeling that the Gatewatch takes time away from independent planeswalkers and important planebound characters of the plane.

>What writing practices would improve the overall quality of post-BFZ storytelling?

The main thing is just the tone and word choice for me. Liliana and Chandra sound too modern sometimes and it hinders immersion. Don't get too casual in a fantasy story.

I don't remember who did what to make this call.
>>
>>51421607
L'etoille wrote Burn.

That is all you need to know.
>>
Do you think that this whole dynamic between Lili and Jace will lead anywhere romantic, and would that be a good thing?
>>
>>51422638

I feel like that's probably a no? They had a relationship which crashed and burned so badly I'm still a little puzzled how Jace is OK about working with her all the time again. There's no foundation for them to trust each other, and I don't see Jace giving her another chance after how badly things went last time they were together.
>>
File: 1455818309939.png (58KB, 381x332px) Image search: [Google]
1455818309939.png
58KB, 381x332px
>>51422638
I hope not.
>>
>>51422848
Okay, what the hell is this elf from? I see this girl posted all the time here
>>
>>51422638
Better question:

Will he survive the sex?

Because she's gonna fuck his brains out should he give her a chance
>>
>Breaking Point.docx

>Chandra is a qt
>Liliana and Gideon dialogue
>Saheeli may join the Gatewatch in the future
>That elf, Vatti, and her silly Shadowblayde codename. And Ajani taking it seriously.
>Something's wrong on Chandra's daddyship
>It's Dovin Baan. Aw sheet.
>Dovin Baan is a nasty, nasty troll.
>Gremlins.

Also
>Be Gideon
>Be in love with a girl with suicidal tendencies
"Red. Not even once."

Now onto Puppets...

>It's a Liliana episode
yay
>Acknowledgement of unresolved plots, including Garruk and the Raven Man.
Sweet.
>Even the events of the Caligo Forest had left certain questions unanswered.
Return to Dominaria when Maro
>Necromancy is considerably awesome and fucked up in a world where it is unheard of.
Dam son.
>Liliana exercising restraint on her black magic.
Is this bitch gonna flake on killing Tez?
>Nice art of Tez Vs Lily
>Tezzeret's Gatewatch joke.
Oh lawd. Good pun.
Wow, made it this far and no PC pandering
>"You should know better than to underestimate a woman like her."
There it is. They really could have just said 'someone' instead of 'a woman.'
At least it's a lot more subtle than other times.
>Lily's forever alone monologue and massive wide-on for Jace.
D'aw.
>Tezzeret playing UB control to Lily's Mono Black Aggro.
>More /ss/ talk about Jace from Lily.
>Eventually Gideon and Chandra achieve penetration.
Well alrighty then. Now we just need Yahenni to get a spark and not-she and Nissa can have not-lesbian sex with incredible aether orgasms.

Good stuff.
>>
File: urborg-tomb-of-yawgmoth-685x280.png (331KB, 685x280px) Image search: [Google]
urborg-tomb-of-yawgmoth-685x280.png
331KB, 685x280px
>>51412915
>A newbie will know the Ineffable. The Father of Machines.
>>
>>51400880
lol. I lost it at blue cloaked zombies.

>>51400916
So Lily is Tsundere as fuck, and Chandra is whatever the Japanese word is for that ADD personality exhibited by Tomo Chan in Azumanga Daioh.

>>51402914
I am prepared to love Amonkhet 'walkers.

>>51405359
Best Oath.

>>51405671
Yes where the fuck is Ugin. Gotta say I am not a big fan of his, and wouldn't mind Bolas killing him again.

>>51409206
This. Chandra most at risk of death. However her hot fiery redhead gimmick is hyper convenient for working flavor around. We would need Saheeli and possibly another one or two red 'walkers to replace her if she gets killed off.
>Gideon starts fucking Saheeli
>It's just not the same
>SadGideon.jpg

>>51409495
More likely. Probably Liliana and/or Jace as a result of tangoing with Liliana's demon pimp and Bolas.

>>51409715
3.5 star post.

>>51410890
I thought he was going to be the one to die instead of Elspeth on Theros. I'm glad I was wrong.

>>51412097
Holy fuck a Sphinx 'walker would be the tits.

>>51412825
Badass indeed. Koth is a boss.

>>51417535
>Implying a spark would only last a limited duration.
Woah. I don't know if that would be interesting or totally shit. Leaning towards shit.

>>51416102
This has potential. Maybe increasing friendship that leads to a falling out.

>>51417692
I've often wondered about Garruk getting set on hunting Bolas myself. It just fits. If anyone is capable, it's gotta be a roided-out Garruk.

>>51420293
Would a True Resurrection story about bringing together Returned + Eidolon Eslpeth for her to respawn be interesting? I dunno, I'm ok with her dead. She works for me as a tragic fallen hero.
Gives motivation for Ajani too, which her revival would deflate.
Ajani is all about coping with sads, Elspeth coming back would undermine that.

>>51399294
>>51421300
Awesome.
>>
>>51423954
But there wasn't anything tragic, in the classical sense, about Elspeth's death. She wasn't brought down by some flaw of her character, she was stabbed in the back by a jerkass god who got jealous of the fact that his chosen champion was actually more powerful than he could ever be.

Sure, it's tragic, but it's not proper Tragedy.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_H4BkTzKYL9.jpg (270KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_H4BkTzKYL9.jpg
270KB, 750x450px
>>51421374
Currently Gideon and maybe Liliana.

Jace, he's basically been benched for the Kaladesh storyline. I skipped reading the story article that was his token episode, I didn't care for the loli sky pirate. The only thing that would have made that remotely interesting was if he literally had sex with her and called her an ugly cunt. Liliana, impressed with his boldness upon hearing of this flies into a jealous, excited rage from being cucked by a loli. (Remember Lily is 200+ years old.)
Lily, the heartbroken and cucked tsundere, kills the brown loli pirate. She ironically animates her as her own 'pet monkey.'
Then she goes ravenous for Jace's semen and worships his cock while she makes her 'pet monkey' watch.

Yeah. That's what it would take to make Jace relevant atm.

>What has been the greatest strength of post-BFZ storytelling?
Inner monologues, character relationships.
I'll include BFZ story for the inner monologues - Ob Nixilis was great.
Willingness to show black-alignment's brand of goodness, and evil in other colors. (Suicidal red, Trolling-too-far Blue.)
While Tezzeret and Ob Nixilis are cliches, the would-be cringe dissipates when they are joined by the likes of Dovin Baan and Baral.
They also have avoided falling into the trap of making Gideon 'always right in the end.'

>Weakness?
PC pandering. It's gotten better though. More subtle and tolerable.

>What writing practices would improve the overall quality?
Pace out the major plot elements better. We went from waiting YEARS for stuff to get resolved to 'Oh yeah, Emrakul is missing but not really, bitch is in the very next block."
At least it didn't drag out but holy shit maybe wait an entire single block ok?

>best/worst current writer for WotC?
Ken Troop's 'A Gaze Blank and Pitiless' is very good. Has a werewolf woodcutter pulling a Chris Benoit.
>>
>>51423976
I think it was a suitable end for Elspeth herself, and for Ajani's motivation. Tragic in the sense of sad violin 'this is why we can't have nice things.'

To satisfy what you're describing, I think they'd do better to have a totally different character.
Someone black-aligned with a very defining flaw who is clearly 'good' despite themselves. Own worst enemy type shit. It would need the right context to sell so that it doesn't come off as an Emo-Sue 2deep4u wankoff. That would be distracting and bad.

You arguably have a tiny bit of that in Liliana and Chandra already, but a character who is really defined by it and meets their end as a result would be cool.
>>
>>51423954
Never post again.
>>
>>51424192
Ob Nixilis was great
>>
>>51411217
>>
>>51397977
The Azorius were the white villains of the original Ravnica, stirring up the other guilds to gain more power.
>>
I liked how Liliana noted how much destruction and pain planar portals caused on her home plane, and recognizes that it would be best that they be destroyed.

>>51412174
>>51412595
On the subject of Garruk, I thought the effect the deus ex hedron had on him was pretty ambigious. Was this clarified anywhere?

On Sorin, I imagine Ugin will be around looking for him. It's even mentioned on a card he is familiar with Lithomancy (Ugin's Construct I think).
>>
File: Bestest girl makes best girl.png (524KB, 1580x1621px) Image search: [Google]
Bestest girl makes best girl.png
524KB, 1580x1621px
Which stories are worth reading in SOI and KLD block yet?
>>
>>51400342
are you forgetting being trapped +1000 years in the demon rapebox were the only thing to do apart from being raped by demons all day everyday is to imagine how you are going to fuck Sorin's shit when you are finally free. Bottom line it's Sorin's fault for being a cunt
>>
>>51411860
I always thought that Jace is gonna deal with the whole Living Guildpact by transfering it to Lavinia
>>
>>51415067
>Are there any questions more pressing than those?

Who's going to win the Chandrabowl
>>
>>51423976
what about Xena God? for me it was tragic that the guy who got a spark and achieved godhood both by partying so hard got killed in the set that introduced him.
>>
>>51426159
The problem with Sorin is that he thinks he doesn't need to explain thing. Like when Nahiri came pissed because he didn't come to Zendikar instead of explaining he created Avacyn and all that to protect his plane he just told her to go fuck herself so she attacked him and because he was weakened threw her in the demon rapebox.
>>
>>51426148
All of them
>>
>>51426419
I frankly don't belive you, with how terribly written Chandra were in Quiet Moments.
>>
>>51426515
chandra were again terribly written in Burn
>>
>>51426221

Naya Sandwich.
>>
>>51426148
A Gaze Blank and Pitiless as noted in >>51424192

>>51425635
Eat my ass.

>>51426338
Born of the Gods/Journey into Nyx would have been a nice place for a mechanic to represent partying too hard. Like madness or something.
In any case there's some quiet speculation around that a RG aligned god that had been forgotten about could return to take their place.
>It's a love god that trolls Heliod all day by making his greatest champions fall into bouts of mansex.
>>
>>51421374
I think Gideon is the best written character so far. He seems like a well thought up character with motivations and problems. In Zendikar he showed depth (like when he bullshitted the merfolk into helping them). Second would be Nissa, even if most of her character development happened while she was talking to a mound of dirt.
Chandra takes the worst character by far. Its not even a competition. They keep writing her like an ADD puppy. Im sure there's another way to write a red character than "cant hold a single idea for two seconds".

The strength I initially thought this storytelling mode would have is in more character growth, following the same cast planet to planet. So far I think Gideon is the only one who seems to be learning anything and, well, Tamiyo and Ajani got much more growth with much less focus.
Its prolly like how nothing of consequence can happen to Batman cuz hes the main brand, but guys like Max Mercury or Booster Gold can go through a lot of crazy shit.
>>
>>51422427
Will do. That's what they should put in the trigger warning next time.
>>
>>51422712
Depends on how quickly he's eating the spaghetti.
>>
Calling it. Return to Kaladesh will have a WB Yahenni walker after they kill off Sorin
>>
>>51396178
What happened to Ob Nixilis?
>>
>>51427160
Yahenni would probably become an interplanar threat if they were a planeswalker. Especially if they needed more and more life force to remain alive.
>>
I hate the concept of the Gatewatch, but Gideon is arguably the most well written of the bunch, with Lili as a close second. Both are very interesting when they're far away from each other. I personally dislike when the two of them interact, seems a bit forced but then again, they're simple 2D characters.

Nissa, WotC doesn't know how to write her, they just can't. I get Chandra a bit in the sense she's an inmature child that needs a strong fucker by her side (#TeamCxG), it's like dating a girl who's 10 years younger than you (and I mean when you're 30 and she's 20 fuckers).
And fuck Jace.
Inner moral conflicts represented as inner monologes, like when Gideon questions his stand in a fucking revolution. Is something that been working for a while but I feel we might get tired of them. Say for example Gideon snaps and says: "Fuck this, I do not agree with this plan" and fucks off.
Also I like those calm moments when they're just chilling and talking about life stuff through their color morals.

To be more bold, create conflict within the Jacetice League, tone down the pandering and political correctness, write to an older audience instead to teenegers.

Best is that guy who always writes about mind raping characters. Worst by fucking far is Kimberly, I bet she's great at worldbuilding but I hate how she writes.

I would like to point out that these post-Origins stories are still crap, this Avengers bussiness model is intolerable and annoying. I have this sort of love-hate relationship with Magic lore; I love to complain about how bad their are and I hate them because how bad they are. It's like a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>51423513
>Wizards knowing their own lore
>>
>>51412355
>he literally couldn't at that exact moment
Yes he could, he planeswalked from one part of the plane to another. Granted, it's not a full-blown planeswalk, more a bit of a hop skip and jump, but he could definitely planeswalk even in a weakened state.
>>
>>51421374
>>Who is currently the most interesting/well-written character of the Gatewatch?
Gonna say Gideon here. Not other characters reacting to him, but he's straightforward in his motivations, what he wants to do, and how he goes about doing it. He seems vaguely Superman-ish of the group.

>>Who is the least interesting/worst-written character of the Gatewatch?
Nissa. Perhaps not entirely her fault, but when Elf Hitler turns into Muh Zendikar into Muh Ashaya into LESBIANS, all she's really left with is "green, likes plants" and the limits on that kind of show.

>>What has been the greatest strength and weakness of post-BFZ storytelling?
More cohesion to some character arcs. When they remember said character arcs. Liliana's is probably the most consistent, even if it is stock tsundere softening into deredere for Jace.

Weakness would have to be the wildly varying quality in some stories versus others.

>>What writing practices would improve the overall quality of post-BFZ storytelling?
Unsure. Perhaps better editing and making characters sound less alike. They often tend to fall into the same voice, which means they're less distinguishable.

>>Who is the best/worst current writer for WotC?
Eh, don't really pay enough attention to say.

>>51422427
Was that the one where Chandra accidentally into nuclear fusion and Dovin Baan is utterly based as fuck by arresting the not!Inquisitor?
>>
>>51422638
Liliana wants it to, albeit she's terrible about admitting it to herself. Although it's more specifically that she needs him to need her, and definitely looks back on their time with fondness plus does harbour feelings for him.

Jace is less clear, that Innistrad inner mental fortress chat with Emmy-chan seems to indicate that there's still something in there that he really likes or wants to like, but he's justifiably cautious about going down that rabbit hole a second time.
>>
File: 1463606914433.png (69KB, 439x485px) Image search: [Google]
1463606914433.png
69KB, 439x485px
Predictions for Vraska? Imo it's weird that they'd include the bit about her planeswalking out of Ravnica but not to another plane and leave it at that. Is she gonna join Bolas' crew?

>>51423012
Marcille from Dungeon Meshi. It's a manga about an adventuring party who ran out of food and started cooking monsters. Only 30 chapters, would recommend.
>>
>>51429566
Thanks

>Vraska shows up doing contract work for Bolas
>tracks down the Gatewatch for info
>cue giant catfight between snake bitch and Liliana
>>
File: 3186832.jpg (19KB, 309x340px) Image search: [Google]
3186832.jpg
19KB, 309x340px
>>51429654
Doesn't she want to kill Jace because the guild politics ruined her life?

>Vraska shows up hunting Jace, then teams up with Bolas
>Lili goes full tsun-tsun mode
>catfight ensues
>>
>>51429795
Vraska thinks a single person having control of all Ravnica will inevitably lead into tyranny, thanks to her fatalistic concept of karmic justice and her suffering under the Azorius.
>>
>>51432417
Where was Vraska's story told?
>>
>>51427030

I do think they're overstating Chandra's flightiness for the Kaladesh arc. It seems kinda like she de-aged a couple years, perhaps because this is the arc where she reunites with her mom. (Side note, Chandra appears to be the only Gatewatcher with a parent still alive, as far as I remember.)

In other stories she's been reckless and impulsive but she seems younger and more unfocused in Kaladesh/Aether Revolt. I'm hoping that won't be a recurring thing and she'll have her head on a bit tighter after resolving her childhood issues here and getting closure about what happened to her dad.

Chandra and Koth make for good examinations of Red's good and bad sides in different ways when they're done right. Chandra's free-spirited and probably the friendliest of the 'watchers but can be flighty and irresponsible and has issues with control, while Koth is courageous and will never give up on the home he loves no matter how bad things get (and is surprisingly empathetic, as nearly sacrificing himself so Elspeth can escape sharing his fate demonstrates) but has some rage issues (to be fair, he's seen some shit) and is quick to extreme measures even for good causes.

The Gatewatch and two-block storytelling are still kinda building momentum at the moment, so I'm cutting them some slack while they're finding their legs. I do see good signs with things like Dovin Baan, who is the best antagonist we've had in ages, including before the Origins block.
>>
>>51433144
Origin story:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/shadows-prahv-part-1-2012-08-27
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/shadows-prahv-part-2-2012-09-04

Vraska vs Jace (latest appearance):
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/gorgon-and-guildpact-2014-03-12

Biography:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/story/planeswalkers/vraska
>>
>>51433379
Much appreciated anon.
>>
>>51428943
On the one hand, she's hot and mysterious and Jace cannot NOT solve a mystery. And he is very much the posterboy for the blue thought of 'people change' so he thinks maybe she will.
On the other hand, she murdered everyone he knew at the time, just to get some information for someone else.
On the third hand, she saved their lives on Innistrad of her own volition and is damn strong - and while yeah, he doesn't like her methods (he is wU in all but card form, and that is because he is not with the Azorius) he knows sometimes you need someone who IS willing to do the dirty work. And the whole 'Chain Veil' thing is another mystery slash possible planar disaster, best to keep an eye on it where he can solve it.

He is very conflicted.
>>
>>51433379
Will read.
>>
>>51433534
>On the one hand, she's hot and mysterious
And, you know, he REALLY liked that thing she used to do with her mouth when they were together. Or at least Liliana commented that he did in one story.
>>
>>51436830
Yes, that is part of 'hot'. Possibly 'mysterious' if it isn't actually what was being implied.
>>
>>51433379
Just letting you know I read your links anon, so it wasn't a wasted effort.
>>
>>51433379
What's the reason for keeping the Golgari out of sunlight?
>>
Is Ravinca an endless city-plane? What if I fly to the west 48827732kms, is that part going to be covered with buildings and ruled by the guilds?
>>
>>51442645
I've always assumed most planes are like planets- you fly one direction you'll end up where you started eventually.
>>
>>51442645
We don't precisely know what the shape of Ravnica is, as a plane - just that the entirety of it is a city.

The Center of Ravnica, where most of the events take place, is supposedly a mountain that's divided in ten districts and Ravnica has quite literally built over its oceans and forgotten that they exist until the revival of the Simic Combine and its establishing of zonots. But that's all we know about its geography. Whether it's a sphere or a flat plane with hard boundaries or that has a literal edge, we don't know. Ravnica's all about the politics and the geography doesn't matter until it becomes a part of the politics.
>>
>>51421374
Lili. Has actual goals (kill demons, tap Cloak Boy) instead of just abstract PROTECT DA MULTIVERSE principles.

Chandra. Too random and emotional.

>What has been the greatest strength of post-BFZ storytelling?
Multiple points of view/narrators.

>What has been the greatest weakness of post-BFZ storytelling?
The Gatewatch.

Take some ques from Japenese light novels. Even Highschool DxD reads better then some of Wizards stuff.

Honestly, I can't tell any of them apart.
>>
>>51426148
>SOI block
A Gaze Blank and Pitiless, Unwelcome, The Mystery of Markov Manor, The Drownyard Temple, Promises Old and New, Liliana's Indignation, Stories and Endings, I Am Avacyn, Stone and Blood, Emrakul Rises, Innistrad's Last Hope, Campaign of Vengeance, Saint Traft and the Flight of Nightmares, The Battle of Thraben.

Those are all the ones I've read. If you don't care about a particular narrator just skip their section of the chapter.
>>
I miss the days of buying books in fat packs.
>>
>>51444365
There's one guy with a mindrape fetish who is coincidentally also the best writer on the team. It's easy as fuck to pick out his work.
>>
>>51421374
Lilliana has the most going on, I really want to know what the Raven Man is

Chandra, 0 depth and very inconsistent writing

I think an over-arching story keeps my interest longer than short vignettes, I'm one of those weirdos that prefers DS9 to TNG though

If no other characters, they need to nail down the feeling and personality of each Gatewatch member and have them act like they actually remember what happened in the previous story

TROOP
>>
>>51443058
The edges of the plane are all abandoned buildings in various states of disrepair that trend towards a certain color and that expand outwards forever. L2farseek
>>
>>51443058
I honestly always picture Ravnica as Fantasy Coruscant. A spherical plane where the city expanded in all directions until it met up with itself again
>>
>>51412501
WOTC cares more about their lore than they have in a decade. What they care about is making it an Avengers knock-off, though.
>>
>>51415997
Let her die.
>>
>>51449617
Dack Fayden can't let a beautiful woman just stay down there sulking.
>>
>>51449546
Ravnica makes more sense as a flat land, the oceans were built over and you cannot see any land that isnt city. Even the forests are smaller than any park from a real city.
>>
>>51449638
THE GREATEST THIEF IN THE MULTIVERSEā„¢
>>
File: 1294786350970.png (234KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1294786350970.png
234KB, 500x476px
OFFICIAL PLANESWALKER BASEDNESS POWER RANKINGS

1) SORIN MARKOV
2) VENSER
3) GIDEON
4) UGIN
5) JACE
6) CHANDRA #1 WAIFU
7) OB NIXILIS
8) KOTH OF THE HAMMER

9999) "I MESSED WITH TIME AND NOW WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE TIME RIFTS" TEFERI
99999999) AJANI "I HAVE 7 UNIQUE PLANESWALKER CARDS AND STILL NOBODY LIKES ME" GOLDMANE
>>
>>51451785
I don't see Barrin or Urza on that list.
>>
>>51451924
If they're so based why are they fucking dead?
>>
>>51451956
Great basedness requires great sacrifice.
>>
>>51415556
How would the planes react to getting infected?

I assume Ravnica would have Rakdos, Dimir, and Golgari mostly assimilated. The Izzet would be the first to document it, but would not actually try to stop it until outside pressure compels them to. The Azorious and Boros would shut shit down and get paranoid. The Simic and Selesnya would try to find a cure, but there will be defectors that serve Phyrexia secretly. The Gruul are fucked because they are unsanitary savages who throw rocks. The Orzhov would be the least affected because oil can't corrupt spooks and they would try to eliminate Phyrexia as it is considered problematic for them to have their followers taken.
>>
File: ohfuck.jpg (34KB, 345x309px) Image search: [Google]
ohfuck.jpg
34KB, 345x309px
>>51395788
"Gix attempted to use a temporal shift to destroy Urza, but was hurled into the portal by the Phyrexian sleeper agent Xantcha and the human Ratepe. It is currently unknown whether Gix was destroyed in the event, or if he was somehow transported to another time period."

SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE
>>
>>51395749
You better pray we will never see them again, because if we do the gatewatch is going to glass the entire plane and eradicate every drop of the glistening oil.
>>
File: TIBBLES.jpg (29KB, 213x220px) Image search: [Google]
TIBBLES.jpg
29KB, 213x220px
>>51451785
OFFICIAL PLANESWALKER BASEDNESS POWER RANKINGS

1) TIBALT
2) VENSER
3) GIDEON
4) UGIN
5) JACE
6) CHANDRA #1 WAIFU
7) OB NIXILIS
8) KOTH OF THE HAMMER

9999) "I MESSED WITH TIME AND NOW WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE TIME RIFTS" TEFERI
99999999) AJANI "I HAVE 7 UNIQUE PLANESWALKER CARDS AND STILL NOBODY LIKES ME" GOLDMANE
>>
File: IT ALL MAKES SENSE.jpg (29KB, 618x602px) Image search: [Google]
IT ALL MAKES SENSE.jpg
29KB, 618x602px
Ashiok was on Theros investigating how to make a god. Their clothing matches the Egyptian/Amokhet style, and they were suspected to be an 'Egyptian' walker from the start (plus the flavor of an Egyptian walker in a Greek set is pretty great.
>>
>>51451785
>>51453236

1) KARN
2) NICOL BOLAS
3) URSA
4) SLOBAD (he was a walker for about a minute, gave up his powers to resurrect all who died on mirrodin.)
5) Ashiok
6)tibalt

Honorable mention, almost memnarch

FTFY
>>
>>51396559
If there are other planes of existence,we must bring Phyrexia's magnificence to them.
>>
>>51453284
Best rating so far.
>>
>>51453284
**urza

My bad, Autocorrect

>>51453579
Glad you see it my way

Also, I like the ice walker we learned nothing about because garruk, apex predator fucking kills him immediately
>>
>>51412530
If any color were to survive Phyrexia, red is the one to do it.
>>
>>51453239
>investigating how to make a god
He succeeded in making one.

It just didn't get strong enough before it got splatted by another god.
>>
File: 1884494-hall_of_doom.jpg (39KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1884494-hall_of_doom.jpg
39KB, 640x464px
Meanwhile at the Hall of InJacetice (in a swamp somewhere in Amonkhet) Nicol Bolas demands pants!
>>
>>51455206

>TEZZERET! You fucked up AGAIN! Suffer your punishment: A new shiny red tattoo on YOUR FACE!
>>
Who are the five greatest heroes in the history of Magic lore?
>>
>>51458335
1. Barrin
2. Slobad
3. Glissa
4. Bosh
5. Kamahl
>>
>>51458374
Replace Bosh with Tetsuo Umezawa. That stupid golem didn't do shit.
>>
>>51458454
1. Barrin
2. Slobad
3. Glissa
4. Tetsuo
5. Kamahl
I forgot about that. He didn't really do much at all really.
>>
>>51396857
Why would Nahiri work for Bolas? She's not out to conquer and kill, she was just really mad that Sorin was a dickhead and took out her anger in the traditional oldwalker way.

Why would Garruk work for Bolas either? He is just nuts though he may not be nuts any more, it's all a little complicated.
>>
>>51428907
>Was that the one where Chandra accidentally into nuclear fusion and Dovin Baan is utterly based as fuck by arresting the not!Inquisitor?
Yes.

Honestly, if Chandra acted just slightly smarter, more mature, and didn't have a stream of consciousness like an angry hampster, then that story would've made her pretty interesting. The fact that she can make mini stars is pretty baller.

I miss this Chandra
>Ugin: You killed two creatures older than worlds...because you could.
>Chandra: Damn right we could.
>USA USA USA
Bring back based Chandra.
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.