[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: familiar.png (173KB, 389x577px) Image search: [Google]
familiar.png
173KB, 389x577px
Do magic users care about cats in your setting? Why or why not?
>>
>>51390887
Of course. Between Egyptian Myth and Quantum, cats are invisible immortals. They make the best planeswalkers.
>>
>>51390887
Because a lot of girls assume it's obligatory to have their cat as a familiar when starting their apprenticeship and then they just keep it out of habit.
>>
>>51390887
Yes. The reason they are so popular among magic users is that cats, specifically the smaller varieties, developed a sort of precognition that can be cultivated into prophecy (requires interpretation) and/or sight into the Unseen World. This is, of course, due to their unique position in the food chain as both a nocturnal predator and prey animal. This explains their screwy habits of jumping at nothing (that wasn't nothing; ready your wards) and excessive denning (spirits are incapable of assailing certain enclosed, angular geometries). Naturally snakes, bats, owls, and other such magically-inclined critters have variants of these abilities due to their statuses of nocturnal predation and/or preydom. Owls for example, being apex predators, are better inclined for more ritualistic, scrying-oriented magics.
>>
File: Bunny1.jpg (51KB, 800x538px) Image search: [Google]
Bunny1.jpg
51KB, 800x538px
>>51390887
It's not my setting, but my semi-sheltered wizard prefers rabbits, to the point he designed his robe's hood in the vein of pic related. Grew up with lots of pets and liked rabbits the most, so he's grown into a Transmuter with a rabbit theme to his spell selection. (there have been many jokes about him having a heart-attack when frightened)
>>
>>51390887

It's somewhat indifferent.
They care mostly if the cat in question is a familiar or not.
Outside of that, it mostly depends on the single spellcaster and its own interests and personality.
>>
>>51391333
Stealing this

>>51391544
Fuck you jacob, stop bringing that up everywhere.
>>
File: r-.jpg (650KB, 1049x1500px) Image search: [Google]
r-.jpg
650KB, 1049x1500px
Sure do.
>>
File: AyeAyeAmTheNight.jpg (45KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
AyeAyeAmTheNight.jpg
45KB, 600x450px
>>51391333
>their unique position in the food chain as both a nocturnal predator and prey animal
Move over cats, best familiar coming through
>>
>>51391544
Funcking hell jacob stop bring that shit everytime
>>
No, because I don't like cats
>>
File: tmp_4716-salamander5-510290268.jpg (385KB, 1600x1143px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4716-salamander5-510290268.jpg
385KB, 1600x1143px
>>51390887
Magicians can get a familiar in my setting and cats are certainly popular, but not the only option.

One of my witches has a salamander familiar. A proper, fire-breathing salamander.
>>
>>51390887

Well, it's an interesting - KITTY!

You're a kitty, yes you are!
>>
>>51393619
Enjoy fucking amazing precognition.
But only for finding bugs.
>>
>>51393589
What is this from?
Image search isn't finding anything.
>>
>>51393853
>A proper, fire-breathing salamander.
Sounds OP
>>
>>51394492
The Witch, The Succubus, And The Cute Apprentice
>>
>>51393943
Son, I'm a code monkey by trade, I would LOVE that!
>>
>>51390887
In days of yore a cat from Ultra stole a scroll from the library of Leng, from right beneath the Head Abbot ' s metaphorical nose.

He was cursed for this, banished from the dreamlands to live his nine lives in the prime. Larger than a house, and many of the get he has sired over the years have been legendary in their own right.

Currently, the party's only full caster (druid...) determined one of his daughters was not amenable to waifuing and decided to ignore all the plot she alluded to. Go figure.
>>
>>51394964
> ultra
Ulthar, fuck, phone.
>>
>>51393868
This.
>>
File: 1465961350877.jpg (522KB, 1200x886px) Image search: [Google]
1465961350877.jpg
522KB, 1200x886px
>>51390887
>Do magic users care about cats in your setting?

Yes.

>Why or why not?

In one setting cats ward of evil spirits, bad luck and black magic. Hence magicians have at least one of them for safety reasons, like modern pyrotechnics have fire extinguishers.

In another setting cats are breathing magical batteries; they passively absorb radiant magical energy from their environment and store it in their system.
>>
>>51395103
>ward of

*ward OFF
>>
>>51394535
Eh, not really. While wild salamanders are the size of tigers and basically lava-spewing brutes, one that has bonded with the witch didn't grow any larger than a cat and has the intelligence slightly higher than a smart dog. All to match the witch in question.

Cats, conversely, can be either small and sneaky or the size of a Maine Coon and can tear off your leg.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.