[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good idea or bad idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

The warp has finally overtaken me and I want to start playing the 40k's.

How bad an idea is it to start out with a Thousand Sons army with no real experience in the game?
>>
>>51389743

You'll be fine as long as you buy Magnus, a bunch of Tzaangors, or Tzeentch Chaos Daemons.

If you're running pure Thousand Sons Rubrics you're going to have a bad time.
>>
Don't play Thousand Sons. Remember, real men play guard.
>>
>>51389751
Could you elaborate on the Rubric thing? I was going to have some of those plus some Sorcerers.
>>
>>51389780
Rubrics are what happened to the non-sorcerers in the Thousand Sons legion, in that they were sealed inside their armor and turned to dust.

Unfortunately, they're extremely underpowered on the tabletop due to being extremely overcosted. Thousand Sons in general, that is.
>>
>>51389903
In other to do a role done by, say, a regular type Space Marine the point cost is noticeably higher in comparison?
>>
play what you think is fun so you have fun every game, even if you don't win. only an asshat will try to make you feel shit for losing
>>
>>51390188
They do an extremely niche role (killing MEQs in the open), while being utterly incapable of doing anything else, as they cannot bring heavy and special weapons (well, thay can now, but their limited weapon options are designed to do all the same "killing marines in the open" thing slighlty better). Aspiring Sorcerer is horibly overcosted, fragile for a psyker and can become absolutely useless by a bad roll at the start of the game. Also they lack any warp-charge generators or psy-test boosts necesary to make psyker-heavy armies scale properly, and so the more sorcs you take the least effective every one of them become (unless you bring Horrors along).

Pretty much every TS fan I know either play them using fandex rules (which obviously limits them to friendly matches), proxy them as some other army (Mostly GKs and Legion lists) or keep the on the shelf and play something else.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.