[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would an ancient evil make its presence known?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Alright /tg/, so I've got an ancient evil that's been imprisoned long ago, and is now starting to wake. How would he begin to affect the world, both the initial subtle steps as he begins to corrupt the world, straight up through the more dramatic omens as his escape nears and the world seems like its ending?

Some thoughts I've already had are things like starting cults, poisoning crops, sending vermin.
>>
>>51388819
Repeating numbers on internet message boards as a means of communicating with his cult.
>>
If he was sealed or whatever before why would he go out and make his presence be known?

Go work in the shadows and have a million different little splinter groups that criticize and attack the mainstream/majority and never each other- even if their individual philosophies overlap.
>>
>>51388880
Because he needs to consolidate mortal power before he can fully escape. The ancients that imprisoned him did a good job of making the seals hard to get to, and he'll need to bring some considerable material resources to bear to retrieve and destroy them.
>>
File: Sleepers_Awake_Journal.png (110KB, 344x199px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepers_Awake_Journal.png
110KB, 344x199px
>>51388819
by dreams
>>
>>51388819
offer to exchange knowledge and power for removing the physical anchors that bind and weaken them.
>>
>>51388819

Is your Ancient Evil associated with any kind of dark creatures, ideally ones which most people believed were just stories?

Have those nasties start coming back.
>>
File: large.jpg (86KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
86KB, 500x401px
>>51388921
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkBQih6e68E
>>
>>51388819
dreams, things noted as weird omens, other horrible things starting to rise, general increase in crime rate and homelessness, more children born dead, changelings, things not dying (not "the dead rise" but "a person gets their face torn into, a bear dies of poison and begins to rot, but sticks around"; corpses stay dead and buried), so on

it's like you've never read any stories
>>
Toxic memes. Memes in the 'small parcel of information' sense. Some graffiti scribbled by someone afflicted that infects anyone who reads it. They start to have dreams of the AE. Spores that give them a slow urge to worship at the feet of the AE. Etc.
>>
>>51391229
And for some reason half my post was cut off: Bits of gossip that seem normal, but anyone who thinks about them starts seeing omens everywhere. The classic 'dark and evil book of sorcery'. Someone pissing in an alley sees their urine become glyphs that tell them to go home and fuck the dog. That sort of thing.
>>
read the first few overlord novels, they make a novel twist on the "an ancient evil awakens."
prepare to be spooked.
>>
People starting to day they'rmakul.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.