[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 361
Thread images: 76

File: image.png (712KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
712KB, 811x542px
Imperator Vult Edition
KA has a side kick Sub-Edition
I can't think of a summary sorry.
>>51373310
>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
https://discord.gg/wYS2J6b
>>
First for "I used white scar bikers in zone mortalis and felt like an asshole until I got BS5 overwatched by imperial fists"
>>
>>51386605
>Have they diluted themselves into thinking that they are decent because those around them are even worse?
>diluted

anon you fucking retard.
>>
>>51388750
Do they have Move Through Cover?
Did you expect Death Guard bikers in Zones Mortalis?
>>
>>51388910

White scars all have skilled rider, so they autopass dangerous terrain checks
>>
File: Ghost rider.jpg (57KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost rider.jpg
57KB, 800x450px
>>51389001
>Be me, stubborn as fuck, playing Halo CE
>Ride that sweet Ghost jetike
>It's Zones Mortalis time, Masterchief! You gotta get into the building and do Halo-y stuff
>Aight I'm bringing my fucking jetbike inside
>But..
>Shhh. Jetbike.

That's how I think White Scars, Reaping DG and Covenant of Fire Sallies biker squads feel like.
>>
>>51388750
>your enemies escape into the most bike unfriendly place to get away from your bikes by hiding behind countless sharp corners and fortified positions
>"Ready the bikes."

WhiteScars.jpg
>>
>>51389167
>>51389172
Anyone have that pic of when an anon played his 30k army against 40k Ravenwing and his opponent just drove up a wall at him?

Because that's all I'm picturing here.
>>
>>51389244
Those are the reasons Horus would have won the Siege of Terra if the WS were on his side.

They would just have drove up the walls with their bikes and open the gates.
>>
>>51389316
>"WARMASTER, TERRA'S ORBITAL DEFENSES ARE TOO GREAT! OUR FLEET IS SUSTAINING MASSIVE CASUALTIES!"
>"Send in Khan!"
>the Swordstorm launches 10,000 bikes from high orbit
>>
>>51389167
>not bringing in the indestructable Warthog
>or the ridiculous magnum
>>
>>51389344
Well they do have Deep strike :^)
>>51389244
Wasn't it Knight Anon against his Dark Angel 40k Ravenwind friend?
>>51389451
>tfw I always thought bringing the banshee plane into the control room was the standard procedure
>>
>>51389499
>tfw you used the banshee plane for indoor exploration.
>Instant-death walls in the not-so-bottemless pits were lame
>>
>>51389553
>tfw a video game doesn't have collision damage for their vehicles

FOOLS, NOW I AM AS A GOD
>>
>>51389568
>when entering a vehicle made you briefly invincible
>launching a warthog and yourself into orbit with piles of grenades

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND !
>>
>>51389172

See, bikes in ZM only treat difficult terrain as dangerous terrain, which as of 7th edition is the default anyway.

Where it gets stupid is that WS assault marines have skilled rider and auto pass their dangerous terrain checks when they go more than 6". That is bullshit of the highest order and I love it
>>
>>51389713
>Where it gets stupid

No see, White Scars surf their jump packs that's why the rider bonus works.
>>
File: Magnus and Khan teamup.jpg (29KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus and Khan teamup.jpg
29KB, 600x336px
>>51389713
I like to think that white scar infantry are all wearing heelies or roller blades just to have some kind of wheels beneath them.
>>
>>51389734

If only WS land speeders got skilled rider, I would use 5 in ZM and have zero (0) friends left
>>
File: HaveFaithWordBearer.png (2MB, 1035x1204px) Image search: [Google]
HaveFaithWordBearer.png
2MB, 1035x1204px
Fellow bitter brothers, get in this thread!
>>
File: The Tormentor.jpg (28KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
The Tormentor.jpg
28KB, 600x429px
>>51389713
Heeeey, now that I realize it, WS have three benefits and no restrictions (ooooh nooo, they are FORCED to take a single Fast Attack choice!), as well as an AP2 weapon.

Meanwhile, the IW gives no fucks about getting shot at, and the enemy can chose to do so for full 6 turns.
We also have enhanced krak and melta, but only against buildings and nobody gives a fuck now that it has been FAQed away, while we have to pretend Shrapnel bolts do something.

>>51389777
The trips call me forth!
>>
File: IMG_3282.jpg (44KB, 507x593px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3282.jpg
44KB, 507x593px
>>51389777
Pls no bully

Duncan did 2 WB videos
>>
File: Assigned Iron Warrior.jpg (471KB, 1280x1529px) Image search: [Google]
Assigned Iron Warrior.jpg
471KB, 1280x1529px
>>51389853
I kind of regret having posted that pic.
Like our father, the IW has a history of not being good at making friends.
>>
>>51389886
speaking of friends, did Legion/primarch ever trade stuff?

I'm getting ready to order a typhon and some bikes for my TS and I was wondering if I could incorporate some white Scars or IW motifs into the vehicles.
>>
>>51389886
>tfw just want to be friends with everyone
One day we'll all sing praise to chaos.

>>51389916
I think the closest to that would be campaign markings, like those who fought alongside the Warmaster were allowed to wear the Eye on their armor.
>>
>>51389849
>Heeeey, now that I realize it, WS have three benefits and no restrictions (ooooh nooo, they are FORCED to take a single Fast Attack choice!), as well as an AP2 weapon.
Try playing DA, we got released alongside them.
>>
File: Crimson sons.png (837KB, 657x634px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson sons.png
837KB, 657x634px
>>51389916
There are several recorded instances of inter-legion relations, and not only in shared campaigns (like Raldoron honouring several EC with the Blood Drop).

Horus included a detachment of Ashen Clad Deliverers in his personal entourage

The Emperor seconded some Night Lords to a pardoned mortal king.

The WE invited several outsiders to their gladiator pits. Sigismund, Argel Tal and Amit got names in them.

The Space Wolves sent watch packs to be naggy to others :^)

And didn't the TS sent legionnaries to other legions as if they were studying abroad?

I assume Primarchs would sometimes second squads to their brother's legions as gifts, not to mention Ferrus handed actual gifts to his brothers, even to Lorgar, not to mention his gifts to mankind: terminator armour.

But yes, no reason why the TS couldn't have some WS or IW motifs.
>>
Were the armour colors typical to Librarians (blue), Chaplains (black), Apothecaries (white), etc in effect at the time of the Heresy? Or were they simply the same color as the rest of the Legion?

Separately, I assume plasma pistols are just as silly to give a character in 30K as they are in 40K. Especially if I'm using a two-handed weapon.
>>
File: Alpha Legion Heraldry.png (5MB, 858x3353px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha Legion Heraldry.png
5MB, 858x3353px
>>51390022
>Were the armour colors typical to Librarians (blue), Chaplains (black), Apothecaries (white), etc in effect at the time of the Heresy?
Wardens (Chaplains) are described to wear black armour, meaning direct service to the throne, and their skull helmets.
And I think Apothecaries were white and Techmarines red (since the Mechanicum has been a thing since before the Imperium), but there's a pic of one of Endryd's disguised techmarines wearing regular SoH colours instead of red.
>>
>>51390022
>Librarians
I don't know.

>Chaplains
The Word Bearers started them back when they were the Imperial Heralds, and did indeed wear black. Word Bearers are unique in that they're the only traitors who didn't kill their Chaplains. Canonically, anyways.

>Apothecaries
Yep, still white.

>>51389916
The Word Bearers sent out Chaplains to every legion to console Librarians about the Council of Nikaea, which is how the warrior lodges started up, except in the IW, SW, and BA. SW had their priests(?), and BA had their Wardens. IW straight up told him to leave at gunpoint.
>>
>>51390019
>The Emperor tells you he's going to reward your planet for it's services with a Marine garrison to help defend it
>He sends you the Legion that has the flaying fetish
What do?
>>
>>51390084
>The Word Bearers sent out Chaplains to every legion
I thought their legions simply trained their own Chaplains?
The one in Echoes knew Morty's biography, something few outside the DG legion know, and noted how his genehanced body could withstand wading through the phosphex-flooded corridors.

You must remember Feel No Pain doesn't mean Suffers No Injury. They pretty much get their faces skinned, but they still march forward.
>>
>>51390126
I don't know if it's old fluff or not, but the Word Bearers sent out Chaplains and trained the ones in the other legions, as well as the consoling punintended of Nikaea, which is how the Warrior lodges started later on, though the chaplains of other legions were dedicated to the Emperor, the WB ones created the Warrior lodges to spread dissent among the legions.
>>
>>51390084
>>51390044
Librarians already were blue as the Ultramarines were the ones who brought up the idea of an organized cadre of psykers in the Legion. Though usually it was just a blue pauldron with the majority of the armour in legion heraldry
>>
>>51389777
Email the top 50% of this image to FW, maybe they'll start proofreading their books better.
>>
File: IMG_20170125_015706.jpg (935KB, 2925x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170125_015706.jpg
935KB, 2925x2340px
>>51390109
You better welcome the """reward""" and be Compliant as fuck, especially if their armour looks (and smells) as if it was dripping tears of actual blood.

Supply your janitors with cola soda and chlorine. And chamomile tea. They will need it.
>>
>>51390022
Apothecaries are definitely white, but often only partially white.

The others are less certain. We know the Word Bearers had chaplains in black and the Blood Angels had "wardens" (same thing) in black, but the others are wide open. I'd use some black.

Librarians haven't shown up in the game yet. In the novels, it looks like pre-Nikea Librarians didn't wear any special colors. Late in the Heresy they'll be given their status back, and maybe we'll see them in blue. Hasn't happened yet except in an ad hoc capacity.
>>
>>51390335
"Brother...do you think I'll ever get my real body back?
>>
I want to field thallax by having a cortex controller. They are not in the legion book, so should I look to the thagmata book for points and rules?

Someone said that they cant have augments if chosen by a legion force but that was in one of the old black books. Should the newer thagmata book take precedence for the sake of taking augments?
>>
>>51390570
>Apothecaries are definitely white, but often only partially white.

The Apothecarium is an equal opportunity employer.
>>
>>51389172
And there's the novels...
Dangerous Terrain Practice course for the jetbikes in the outer hull of their battleships, heavy "voidbike" boarding parties, massively oversized engines on their ships, WS just love going fast in general and in all aspects of their life.
>>
>>51391007
>heavy "voidbike" boarding parties
I'm now imagining jetbikes with boarding shields stuck to the front like a snow plow. CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS.
>>
File: fuck-the-heretics.jpg (193KB, 700x559px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-the-heretics.jpg
193KB, 700x559px
>>51391608
>>
>>51389849
But the IW bonus is huge. IW only have to take morale in assault, while everyone else has to worry about their backfield squads dropping a few mooks and legging it off the field. It's one of the better LA rules because there is literally zero games where you won't take shooting casualties
>>
>>51389978
Maybe WS got all the swag because FW knew it will be like 5 years before they get a book.
Also, need to sell them dick bikes son
>>
>>51390570
>Librarians haven't shown up in the game yet
u wot
>>
>>51391732
this, compare it to SoH's "re-roll one's on the reserve roll." how many times haven't you played a game without either rolling a one or without reserves at all.
>>
>>51391750
Well, the SoH also have the extra attack at I 1 thing going for them.
Also Death Dealers. Enough said.
In fact, all the LA rules from book 1 and 2 were weak as fuck, and when the inevitable FW power creep started, they went back and threw the first four a bone.
>>
>>51391791
death dealers is the only one which is really good, the extra attack is shit because it doesn't count for the things that really matter (power fists and axes) would rather have the BA "wounds better" or DA's "hits better" or NL's "both"
>>
>>51388750
Well anon you DID dare to enter an IF fortress, aka their own Magical Realm.
You had a fisting coming for you
>>
>>51391814
I would argue that the plus one I for EC (with crusader they will almost always run you down after combat) and WE (rerolls to wound with a bucket of attacks, also free S5 chainaxes) are pretty good. Only DG kind of got shafted (oh boy, 4+ FNP against Poison and Flesh bane, reroll Dangerous Terrain- why not just autopass- and rerolls pinning! Also ignore Fear!)
>>
>>51391857
DG rules wouldn't be that exciting in a vacuum, but with the increasing prevalence of phosphex in 30k armies that 4+ FNP is actually pretty handy.
>>
>>51391814
BA 'wounds better' only works in assault phase. And this is a shooting dominated game. And that one up side comes with a big downside (Host of Angels really restricts your play styles).
the DA bonus fucking sucks. You hit on 3+ IF you have a blade or sword ONLY, and only IF your opponent has the same WS- no swords, no bonus. Higher native WS? Then it does jack shit anyway (unlike NL). Also, all those cool swords are character only, as well as ap 3. What legion character ISNT rocking AA? It's only good against Mechanium monsters. Good luck surviving the hail of gunfire to hit them with your sword (but only on a 3 plus)
>>
>>51391918
again I'm talking only in the context of merciless fighters, yes deathdealers is great and the meme of BS5 meltas are great. but it is clearly just as bad as DA's then; neither of them affect the weapons that do the killing in a elite on elite slugfest, and is only really helpful making your scrubs better then their scrubs. while mister "oh no I can't tankspam" BA's works all the time - and its not like you can complain that a melee legion like BA with an excellent melee rite (DoR) with excellent melee LA rules - both the better hit rule and the handflamer/inferno pistol (although expensive) help in this regard as well. I'm sure a properly written BA list should have no problem getting into melee despite the stupid bullshit that was giving the legions access to plentiful and cheap artillery.
>>
>>51391998
>neither of them affect the weapons that do the killing in a elite on elite slugfest
Combi-Plasma, sniper rounds, power swords, and DA still works WS5 vs WS5.
I'm not sure why you think BA with DoR get into melee any better than any other legion with Drop Assault.
>>
>>51392086
>>51391998
I kind of figured he didn't know what he was talking about when he mentioned a BS 5 melta meme (lol water, Death Dealers is all about super accurate plasma fucking everything up) and said it was 'as bad as the DA" LA rules. Are you serious? Opinion discarded
>>
>>51392086

They're dropping assault squads rather than despoilers, giving them a larger threat range. Pinning on their guns means they stand a chance of stopping a unit from running away. Shrouded makes them a little more likely to survive. Mostly, it's not that they're wildly more likely to get into assault, but that the +1 to wound combined with the +1I on the charge from the rite makes them a lot better once they get there, and inferno pistols add a means to pop transports and tanks a little more easily.
>>
>>51392272
>They're dropping assault squads rather than despoilers
So is Drop Assault.
>>
File: file.png (127KB, 532x455px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
127KB, 532x455px
nine alphariuses until glory; no delays no lost shiopments no chinese pirates just pure 10001% inferno and thoughtful, intelligent discussion
>>
Black & gold custodes > red & gold custodes
>>
>>51392427
Truly the edgiest of colour schemes
>>
>>51391608
Read Scars, they basically have open-topped single seat fighter bikes for boarding actions.
>>
>>51392489
>implicating
>>
File: kawaii_kurze.png (2MB, 864x983px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii_kurze.png
2MB, 864x983px
>>51392520
>>
>>51392409
You might want to extend that calendar a bit.
>>
>>51392168
learn how to read, I said that death dealer was the only good part of the SoH legion rules.

I also said that an extra attack at I1 as long as you have struck in melee is worse then +1 to hit, or +1 to wound - or both in the case of NL - they even share the demand that they outnumber their foe.

BA essenstially take the EC iniative bonus, adds furious charge and the ability to (list building permitted) use assault squads as a (ghetto) drop pod assault list by getting to deepstrike all of their jump infantry T1 (including destroyers - who really enjoy the +1S.) who with inferno pistols offer capabilities against both infantry and vehicles.
>>
>>51392548
You forgot rerolling 1s to reserves, combine that with a damocles to guarantee all your reserve whenever you like.
Do Damoclesesersses fit inna Stormbird?
Do you measure the 24" bonus from the 'bird if they do?
>>
>>51392585
we play on such a low point level so I avoid reserves whenever possible :^)
yes
not unless specifically mentioned, AFAIK. Like orders out of a chimera.
>>
>>51392519
Oh yeah, I remember those (mainly because of their interesting name - "sojutsu"). Though given they're said to be bigger than scimitars I dread to think how phallic forgeworld might make them.
>>
>>51392615
well, pretty phalic, or just really chunky, a bit like the Pallas Grav-attack thingy, but open topped.
>>
>>51392365

Oh yeah, my mistake, I thought you were talking about orbital assault. The main benefit for BA is that their rite gives them +1I, which is a pretty hefty combat bonus in marine-on-marine match ups. I suppose it also has the access to traditional toys so that you can build a more rounded list to support your assault squads.
>>
>>51390210
That was the librarium project by the Thousand Sons, White Scars and Blood Angels, not those Ultramarine mongs
>>
Any news on why the Primaris-Lightning isn't available on the FW store? And would proxying two work for now?
>>
>>51392615
I always thought that the Scars just drove there regular jetbikes between ships.

Guess I must have skimmed that part.
>>
>>51392746
>>jetbikes
>>skimmed
kek
>>
>>51392698
Perhaps they're re-doing the molds and don't want to build up too much of a backlog?
>>
>>51390210
>Librarians already were blue as the >Ultramarines were the ones who brought up the idea of an organized cadre of psykers in the Legion.
Anon I...
>>
>>51392777
Ultramarine delusion is almost as bad as that of the woof woofs sometimes.
>>
File: yesugai.jpg (205KB, 521x804px) Image search: [Google]
yesugai.jpg
205KB, 521x804px
>>51392696
As it happens, there is artwork of yesugai (in colour), and he's definitely not wearing blue. And the TSons didn't dress their psykers in blue, because most of the legion would have worn blue if that was the case.
>>
>>51392746
>>51392753
Do White Scars only drink skimmed fermented not!yak's milk?
>>
>>51392868
Possibly. They definitely only eat fast food though.
>>
>>51392908
I'm fucking outta here.
>>
>>51392913
Better move quickly.
>>
So looking at the Mechanicum "Alternate LoW use" box, it seems I can take stuff from Imperial Armour books. Does that mean I can take an Imperial Armour Apocalypse Malcador or Thunderhawk? Also 1-3 flyers. Could that be used for making a Mechanicum air force of some kind? Two squads of 1-3 Vulturax, a Thunderhawk gunship or similar Superheavy flyer and the second LoW slot from Matrix of Ruin on 1-3 other planes like Lightnings or Vendettas? I mean, no-one would run that many flyers, but a cool converted Superheavy flyer might be nice.
>>
Dave: Were Librarians blue during the Heresy?
Luke: Dunno. But Word Bearers sent black armoured chaplains to oversee the Nikaea Edict was being enforced to most of the other Legions, which led to the creation of Warrior Lodges. Honest, this belief of mine is totally true and doesn't contradict any empirical information to do with the timeline at all.
Gaius: Librarians were already blue because the Ultramarines invented the Librarius and Ultramarines are blue. QED, plebians.

People should post like serfs of their legion more often.
>>
>>51392991
Which ones came up with Apothecarion, WE or WS? What about techmarines? BA?
>>
File: I disagree.jpg (2KB, 125x51px) Image search: [Google]
I disagree.jpg
2KB, 125x51px
>>51392991
Well, alright.
IF serfs speak entirely by holding up captioned pictures of Dorn, right?
>>
File: 637.png (131KB, 315x263px) Image search: [Google]
637.png
131KB, 315x263px
no
>>
File: Be quiet, adults are talking.png (133KB, 315x250px) Image search: [Google]
Be quiet, adults are talking.png
133KB, 315x250px
>>51393052
So, we are in agreement.
>>
>>51392815
That's my point, those big three were the ones trying to unify psykers and they sure as hell didn't color for specific colours.

The Ultramarine stuff is way post-heresy.
>>
Chymeriae Blackshield says that if it's the Primary Detachment, it can't take an Allied Detachment. Does this still allow Chymeriae Blackshields to be taken as an Allied Detachment with another army?

Been toying with the idea of making some Thunder Warriors to go with a Custodes as the Primary Detachment.
>>
>>51393287
Custodes can't be taken as a Primary detachment.
>>
>>51393322
How do you know, Inferno isn't out until August.
>>
>>51392520
Night Lords may be the edgiest legion, but dark blue with a light blue pattern and beige/red spot details is not an edgy colour scheme
>>
>>51393340
Well, they can't right now anyway, not until August 2020.
>>
>>51393287
It should yes. It's probably a balancing factor, and they figured being restricted to the ally force org also works.
>>
>>51393287
The Thunder Warriors are dead or dying.
>>
>>51393322
The temporary rules for them on FW's site allow you to do so, you just take one of their squads as an HQ choice instead of its normal role
>>
File: Legio Custodes.jpg (1MB, 2321x3487px) Image search: [Google]
Legio Custodes.jpg
1MB, 2321x3487px
>>51393455
No.
>>
>>51393472
Oh, forgot that part
I would assume in a more casual game people might let you use them as a primary detachment using the same rule, but honestly since they don't have DTs yet why would you
unless you have a massive need to show off your golden bananas
>>
>>51393428
Except for those two that mananged to clone a bunch of organs by harvesting geneseed in the Petitioner's City on Terra. They're doing fine.
>>
>>51392585
Last main rulebook FAQ clarified that models inside a transport are not considered to be on the table for those kind of rules.
>>
So what is everyone's favourite unit? The one unit that no matter which army you play you are excited to include, and not just because you feel like there's no better alternatives (like vets).
>>
>>51392815

For some reason I always though Yesugei was in terminator armor
>>
>>51393837

Command squads on bikes

They can be modeled with such flavor and are one of the best ways to run them too
>>
>>51393602
I cant wait for that exciting plot thread to be picked up again during the Siege of Terra!
>>
>>51393908
Because those two thunderwarriors are certainly going to make a huge impact. That they only cared about their own survival and cared nothing for the wider conflict means nothing.

FW should get their head straight, 2 guys alive is more than enough to warrant a whole army worth of rules.
>>
File: Dorn No.jpg (133KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
Dorn No.jpg
133KB, 623x414px
>>51393117
Yes.
>>
File: smug perty.jpg (113KB, 414x446px) Image search: [Google]
smug perty.jpg
113KB, 414x446px
>>51393837
Missiles out the wazoo.
>>
File: IMG_0571.jpg (163KB, 1024x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571.jpg
163KB, 1024x514px
So I'm going to be starting my first 30K army when Inferno drops, a TS army, but I wanted to start list building the basics. However, I'm worried that I might assemble some units, Inferno drops, and then those units are shit in a TS army.
Any advice on must-take units, /hhg/?
>>
>>51393837
Castellax with Darkfire and Enhanced Targetting Arrays. Those things are goddamn brutal.
>>
>>51394248
10 Veterans.

Take your time, slowly give each one some character. Veterans are by far the best troop choice and it's very unlikely that a TS or TS-friendly RoW will not unlock them as troops.
>>
>>51394248
One or two librarians is probably a safe bet. Anything else is pretty much a gamble though
>>
>>51394248
There's no answer to this until Inferno drops in September of next year.
I'd say build two Tac squads just for your tax, but who knows, maybe they'll get a rule where you don't need Tacs as troops.
I've been making a Vet squad, personally.
>>
File: 1386939113162.png (1MB, 1500x536px) Image search: [Google]
1386939113162.png
1MB, 1500x536px
>>51394248
>>
30K is fluffier and more balanced!
a couple of months in and the meta is 10 quad launchers, kharybdis, drop pod armies, Scoria, Knights.... much yawn
>>
>>51394290
>>51394300
>>51394306
Aight, I was planning on getting myself a BoP and BaC box, leaving most of the dudes legs and a torso until I know what I need/want. Thanks for the advice!
>>51394318
kek/10
>>
>>51394318
>Mortarion not the tallest
>Angron not even smaller
>>
>>51394395
Perspective
>>
>>51394368
I'm with you on the artillery and the knights (both of which would be better placed in an epic-scale game IMO) but what's unfluffy about drop pods/kharybdisisisisisesss? Every legion used them. And in terms of balance, 30k armies are more resistant to drop assault due to the fairly-wide availability of augery scanners.
>>
>>51394456
wide availabiity of aug scanners? You can take them in like 2 units, or by buying apoth.... even then it's only heavy/assault weapons in those units and the rules don't even make sense.
Interceptor is practically non - existent.
You've clearly not played against a decent drop pod list or competent player, dear emperor they're broken.
>>
Any fellow Mechanicvm around to rate this attempt at a list. Not run Scoria before, so trying to take all of his many special rules into account.

Scoria: Abeyant 315pts

Dominus: Abeyant, Archaeo-Pistol, Cyber-familiar, Machinator Array, Power Sword 150pts

20 x Adsec Covenant: Frag Grenades, Revenant Alchemistry, TRoPT 110pts

20 x Adsec Covenant: Frag Grenades, Revenant Alchemistry, TRoPT 110pts

2 x Castellax: Enhanced Targeting Arrays, Frag Grenades, Siege-Wrecker 290pts

2x Castellax: Enhanced Targeting Arrays, Darkfire Array 280pts

Homonculex: Arc Scourge 185pts

3 x Vorax: Bio-corrosive ammunition, Frag Grenades, 2x Irad-Cleanser 260pts

Siege Thanatar: Enhanced Targeting Array, Paragon of Metal 300pts
>>
>>51394368
Speaking as someone who came from 40k a week and a half ago, it's still far more balanced and enjoyable. Pods are decently priced in points and actually do stuff once deployed rather than sit there and ObSec objectives for fuck all, quad launchers can be meleed out and while cheesy, aren't exactly Riptidespam tier, and only one out of 25-odd armies can go full cheese with them. Knights are the same as usual, one is OK, more is a boring binary matchup.
Scoria is fat and slow as far as I can tell, shoot the bastard. Most of the arguments against him I've seen boil down to "My Primarch can't stomp him like everything else that's not another one and I don't want to change my tactics at all".
>>
>>51394482

>interceptor is practically non existent

Confirmed for not actually playing the game
>>
>>51391007
Don't forget jetbike racing circuits that make a loop within their ships' hulls.
>>
>>51394496
confirmed for faggot that can't prove me wrong
>>
>>51391857
DG aren't underpowered at all. Yes, their special rules aren't great, but they're still pretty good and their special units and legion-specific RoW help a lot. Grave Wardens are one of the few shooty Terminators and that's crucial if you want to make a footslogger list (because those require shootiness, durability, and the ability to defend yourself in close combat).

IW are so strong because their legion rules, special units (including another shooty Terminator type), and rites of war are good and work very well together.

WS have borderline OP rules and RoW, but no special units. It's probably best if their special units aren't too good.
>>
>>51392427
Honestly, I don't like it. Three completely unrelated colors, each getting a fair amount of area, is too much.
>>
>>51392698
The Avenger and Fire Raptor are better anyway.

>>51392815
>And the TSons didn't dress their psykers in blue, because most of the legion would have worn blue if that was the case.
Which is exactly what happened in the end, oddly enough.
>>
>>51394248
>>51394377

You have barely more than a week to wait. How many troops are you realistically going to buy, build, and finish painting in that length of time. Also:

>not magnetising all your marines at the shoulder

Honestly, it takes hardly any time at all. The other option is to put one in at the wrist so you can easily swap between bolters/special/heavy weapons.
>>
>>51394664
I thought it was going to be a lot longer before Inferno comes out. I've never magnetised things before, although it seems fairly easy (I even have a bit for my screwdriver for it already), but I occasionally forget magnetizing is an option that exists because I have an extra chromosome
>>
>>51394707
Don't worry it's only being previewed at the Weekender, the actual book, well, I guess we expect it later
>>
>>51394661
Blue and Yellow were the colors of the Rehati, which is why they adopt the scheme. Still, fairly ironic that the color of the (now Traitor) TS' premier psykers became the color of the Librarius (which the TS and EC had attempted to bring into being)
>>
>>51394805
It was the Khan, Sanguinius, and Magnus that brought the Librarius into being. Fulgrim appreciated the need for librarians, but felt they had no place in his legion.
>>
>>51394707
>>51394773

They're showing off the book at the weekender (probably selling it too, though it won't be available online for a little longer). We'll know what the TS units will be in no time. Magnetising is piss easy, you just need a pin vice and suitable magnets. Be sure to make a little indent with something sharp first to centre the hole properly, and make sure you get the polarities right because it's nearly impossible to get a magnet out once it's glued in without trashing the model.
>>
>>51394565
Is it advisable to footslog Grave Wardens? I thought Deathshroud would be better since they can leg it, but then again they're very short range
>>
File: 59083683.jpg (15KB, 500x287px) Image search: [Google]
59083683.jpg
15KB, 500x287px
>>51394954
>footslog
>30k
>>
>>51394954
Depends on your local meta, but if you want to go ahead.
>>
>>51394954
Grave Wardens at least got a decent ranged gun, dropping 2 poison blasts or 2 krak roks, and got the poison cloud rule against charges.
>>
>>51394984
>>51395007
>>51395011
Not necessarily intending to, but questioning the anon who suggested it could be viable
>>
File: image.jpg (195KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 768x1024px
I'm doing a mini for each 18 legions. Here's my progress on the traitors.

I was thinking what to do about the 2 missing legions.

Should I paint two basic mk 2s as marble statues and draw a Roman numeral 2 and 11 on one each of their respective shoulder pads, or should I homebrew. If so what would be the best way of reflecting their downfall? One slightly mutated, and the other one holding a eldar blade strapped to hip? As in one fell to xenos, the other to chaos mutation, or just general genetic instability.
>>
>>51395198
I like the marble statues idea better, honestly. Would look more cohesive overall than two random colour schemes in the middle of the lineup.
>>
>>51395198
No, please. Do not do the mssing legions. If you must, so the first thing and paint them like statues, because that actually kinda sounds cool.
>>
>>51395198
I like the marble statue ideas. we don't know what happened to them so more vague and generic, the better
>>
>>51394565
But that's the thing. They are pigeon holed into the reaping. I wish DG characters could just buy Rad Grenades, and missile launchers could pay to take Rad missiles (make it a Traitor only thing, like the WE and their super nails).
But it doesn't change the fact that DG LA rules are extremely situation dependent.
>>
>>51395198
That death guard has seen some shit.
>>
File: file.png (193KB, 277x388px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
193KB, 277x388px
>>51395198
>>51395265
uguu~~
>>
>>51395290
noice
>>
Does anyone have the dimensions of a Vulturax drone? Making a counts-as for my Genetors and obviously it needs to be about the right size. Also base size so I know which to buy and mount it on.
>>
>>51395198
Make broken, defaced statues with legion number scratched out, etc.
>>
>>51394954
Footslogging is rarely *better* than being transported, but it's *viable* with shooty armies. IW using Hammer of Olympia can set up a gunline of four Havoc/Tyrant units that shoot so much they can't be ignored, meaning the enemy has to come to you (and get in range of your footslogging tactical blobs). DG running The Reaping can do it too, using heavy support squads as non-compulsory troops (scoring and numerous) with Grave Wardens among them to deal with Drop Podding units or outflankers.

In both cases you're using the Terminators' CC abilities to defend your gunline, but they can also shoot. Though in the Grave Wardens' case they're only shooting once the distance has closed a little bit, or once you feel safe moving them forward.

Alpha Legion might be able to pull it off by choosing Tank Hunters or Infiltrate, depending on the enemy army. If the single-meltabomb rule stands, I'm not sure infiltrating footsloggers is really that great.

Ultramarines have those Tyrant-like Terminators and they should work well with the UM legion special rules, but they're awfully expensive with missile launchers.
>>
GUYS! I accidentally 6 thallax. How can I fit them in a legion army?
>>
>>51395386
Two in the front, two in the back, one in the boot and one on the roofrack.
>>
File: 1485212982371.png (298KB, 655x530px) Image search: [Google]
1485212982371.png
298KB, 655x530px
>tfw you shitpost /pol/itics at ADB
>>
>>51395386
Not sure about the specifics of Legions taking our toys, I think you can take a Praevian or Forge Lord or something to fit them in your primary as non-compulsory Troops, but I could be wrong. If you're not using allies, grab a Magos of any kind other than Reductor and slot them in as an allied detachment. What weapons do they have and what Legion do you play, since you'll want a different Magos and Thallax loadout for some.
>>
>>51392548
Maybe if you could type a proper fucking sentence I wouldn't have to puzzle out your fucking intent.
Bitch.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 624x352px
>>51395420
What did you do?
>>
>>51395386
If I remember correctly you're allowed to take a unit of Thallax when you have a forgelord or techmarine with Cortex Controller in your army.
>>
>>51392548
Have you ever tried blind deep striking inferno pistols into range? I play 40k BA, that shit is begging for disaster.
And let's not pretend that the 5 plus cover save the turn they drop is going to keep them alive- phospex, thallax and other Mechanium BS, and interceptor everywhere is going to take a hard toll.
However, I will admit all the CC bluffs are great, as long as you get the charge.
>>
>>51395456
he's deleting his FB friends which are overtly political. first i thought he just meant those he disagreed with since he seems pretty shitlibby, but he said he's getting rid of all the retarded NOTMYPRESIDENT anti-trump weenies
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 845x634px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 845x634px
Would it be possible for raptors to worship slaanesh? If so, would there be noise marines supporting their encounters?
And would it also be possible for a harakoni warhawk to become corrupt and start killing marines and shit?
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>>51395493
Interesting.
>>
>>51395443
>>51395465

Sons of Horus is what I'm painting and building. What I bought was 6 thallax with the option of two Multi-meltas and one photon thruster.
Can one use the augments found in the thagmata book though? I've heard that one can't for some reason.
>>
>>51395403
FPBP
>>
File: reaperman2.jpg (179KB, 500x693px) Image search: [Google]
reaperman2.jpg
179KB, 500x693px
>CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
What are you guys up to on this fine /hhg/ edition?
>>
>>51395631
GET RID OF THAT SWORD REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1485371924208.jpg (25KB, 319x190px) Image search: [Google]
1485371924208.jpg
25KB, 319x190px
>>51395631
Well, right now I'm busy making shitty jokes with images of other anons' models.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 709x538px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 709x538px
>>51395665
>>
>>51395665
>Pshh, nothin personnel... kid
>>
File: 876755DSC03001.jpg (128KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
876755DSC03001.jpg
128KB, 640x480px
would it makes sense to have raven guards with tatoo motifs like these in 30k times?
>>
>>51395493
I don't blame him, the shitstorm over in in the US is reaching apocalyptic proportions. I also nope out of any political 'discussions' online, because it's pretty much exactly the same as religious discussions nowadays : all camps just shouting how everybody else is wrong and they are right, zero room for any nuance or facts, and nobody is even trying to understand the situation, motivations and drives of the other.

Best is just to try and laugh it off, and keep on digging that nuke-proof bunker.
>>
>>51395717

In early to mid games. In late era they'd have to be fighting space battles and not things like Siege of Terra since all the tattooed Terrans in the RG were gone or exiled by then. The Deliverance RG weren't as tatted up.
>>
>>51395386
A cortex controller (on a Forge Lord or Techmarine) lets you take a Thallax, Castellax, or Vorax unit from the Taghmata army list (which usually means you can take all the options) in a heavy support slot. It goes on to say that if you give the Thallax a Triarios, it can't carry space marines.
>>
>>51390044
anyone got this but for iron warriors?
>>
File: 1477071273620.jpg (32KB, 409x395px) Image search: [Google]
1477071273620.jpg
32KB, 409x395px
>>51395665
>>
>>51395665
TOP KEK
>>51395653
It's a WIP mang.
>>
Would it trigger autism if I modeled Cataphractii with Claws, but counts-as'd Power Fists?

The claws just look fucking menacing
>>
>>51395789
Not really no, there is already an anon who did the opposite with Tartaros terminators.
>>
>>51395745
Oh, that's really cool then. I keep wanting to make a loyalist force, but three legions painted black is pretty ehhhh.

Painting those patterns could be a really fun project.
>>
>>51395789

Why don't you just use claws then.
>>
>>51395717
yes it would. look at the book 3 art; theyre armor is covered in them. They started as prison tats in the mines of deliverance(as a deliberate tie-in from the authors) to the similar xetric tribe tats.

>>51395745
>all the tattooed Terrans in the RG were gone or exiled by then
Not true, the fleets were recalled after istvaan III, but no new fluff has been added since. Corax also, at a minimum, kept some terran born cataphractii termis called the Deliverers to fuck shit up with.
>>
>>51395789
Depends ... Don't do a light-effect and it might be K

Funny, you are the polar opposite of that anon who is using powerfists as lightningclaws on his IW tartaros, and yesterday Knight anon got a Squire anon
>>
>>51395493
>but he said he's getting rid of all the retarded NOTMYPRESIDENT anti-trump weenies
Probably sick of them clogging up his feed. Seriously a friend of mine died and I almost didn't see it between all the political screeds and REEEing about DeVos
>>
>>51395820
Because rules
>>
>>51395665
I want to make that now.
>>
>>51395819
>>51395822
isn;t it also what the grooves are on the RG dread anyway?
>>
>>51395631
Consider your idea stolen anon.
Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery and all that
>>
File: IW markings.png (2MB, 1071x1095px) Image search: [Google]
IW markings.png
2MB, 1071x1095px
>>51395762
Of courshe
>>
File: LECeltic.jpg (77KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
LECeltic.jpg
77KB, 528x960px
Well, it arrived today. Going to start assembling it and hopefully the quality is where I wanted it to be.
>>
>>51395848
yes. they are all visual tie-ins to link them together.

>>51395859
"Good artists copy, great artists steal."
-Me, 2017
>>
>>51395717
Holy fuck
JAWSOME/10 anon. That shit looks coom
>>
>>51395870
*exits the room*
>>
>>51395840
>>51395859
Hey now, if you like it go ahead. Post results.
>>
>>51395833
Wrong answer faggot get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51395755
I deep strike them instead. cheaper that way. perhaps use the two multi-meltas for some nice anti tank in the rear.
>>
>>51394521

Everybody and their mother has a dual kheres Morris contemptor which has interceptor and skyfire, it's one of the most common units in the game
>>
>>51395864
Thanks bro. got any with the helmet variants?
>>
File: 502067DSC02854.jpg (103KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
502067DSC02854.jpg
103KB, 640x480px
>>51395873
yes
>>
>>51395869

>Wouldn't even get FW's Leman Russ, instead settling on a shitty third party model

And you call yourself a Space Wolf.
>>
>>51395900
love it fund it dunk it
>>
File: grey-goblin.png (163KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
grey-goblin.png
163KB, 329x329px
>>51395905
>>
Someone explain "Have faith word bearers".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYqjcHYTQgQ
>>
>>51395893
>interceptor and skyfire
The AND is the issue there.
>>
>>51395943

Word Bearer pusses out. Iron Warrior tells him to "have faith" to make fun of how religious the WB are and to tell him to stop being a puss.
>>
>>51395900
>>51395717
Oh me oh my. Those are beautiful.
>>
File: clean IW.png (48KB, 291x496px) Image search: [Google]
clean IW.png
48KB, 291x496px
>>51395896
I think that's all there is, at least for IWs.
But they follow most Principia Bellicosa and Dictorum Armorial standard markings
>>
File: Iron Kek.png (96KB, 952x482px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Kek.png
96KB, 952x482px
>>51395943
The IW were doing anti-air duty and shooting down loyalist thunderhawks...but the burning scraps were falling on top of the Word Bearer formations.
So they voxed the IW to notify them, and got this response.
>>
File: FBI_on_4chan.jpg (13KB, 425x329px) Image search: [Google]
FBI_on_4chan.jpg
13KB, 425x329px
I'm an indecisive fuck, somebody meme me into a legion so I won't have to choose
>>
File: Let me tell you.jpg (418KB, 960x725px) Image search: [Google]
Let me tell you.jpg
418KB, 960x725px
What do you expect from HH weekender? Magnus? Or dare I say it, preview of Sanguinius?
>>
>>51396059

>Meme Legion

The Hydra it is then.
>>
>>51396059
What do you even waaaaaaant
>>
>>51395832
Yeah, I'm a best coast lefty but enough already. Accepting an electoral loss is literally what keeps a democracy from devolving into something else.

>>51395789
That's harder to pull off than the opposite. I don't see it working without causing confusion and wouldn't do it unless you only play with a small circle of friends. A lot of power fists are modeled as opened hands that look like claws (most animals' don't look like a collection of knives) but lightning claw models are never going to look like fists.

>>51395900
Dayum. Go Space Maori, go!
>>
>>51396061
How does this even fucking work?

Massive hordes of blocked up Space Marines just shooting their bolters at one another? Why would just clustering up be effective? This isn't the Napoleonic Wars or any of the 18th century batttles, bolters are not inaccurate slow-loading muskets. It's cool but I mean, I want their to be a reason why they do that, it is really cool.
>>
File: IMG_3313.png (387KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3313.png
387KB, 1000x1000px
>>51396059
Word Bearers.

You have Handsome Squidward for a Primarch, need I say more?
>>
>>51396026
I love the Iron Warriors
>>
>>51396155
There*
>>
>>51396155
Clearly prospero's local meta doesn't have quad mortars.
>>
File: Luna_Wolves_Legion_combat.jpg (531KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
Luna_Wolves_Legion_combat.jpg
531KB, 1024x705px
>>51396155
>Massive hordes of blocked up Space Marines just shooting their bolters at one another?
Of course.
Everybody knows 30k is code for "more marines per square meter"
>>
File: triggered.gif (323KB, 353x353px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
323KB, 353x353px
>>51396061
>>
>>51396155
>It's cool but I mean, I want their to be a reason why they do that, it is really cool.
>>
File: have-faith-word-bearer.jpg (271KB, 496x764px) Image search: [Google]
have-faith-word-bearer.jpg
271KB, 496x764px
>>51396026
>>
>>51396185
best comment
>>
>>51396026
Thank You. KEK
>>
>>51396059
Space Wolves
>>
>>51389167
Oh so you mean like how based KA let his enemy climb the walls to be killed by his vindicators
>>
>>51389745
>that mitchell and webb look
Ah why was Webb so shit you always knew it was him, whereas Mitchell convincingly played other characters, be it waffen-SS, hedgefunder, conspiracy theorist, porn script writer. Whereas Webb was just that annoying friend
>>51390019
>Vlyka Fenryka sent out packs to find the sexiest legionaries, and stop them falling to Slaanesh so they could fall to the knot
>>
>>51395789
Considering I use the BoP PA Lightning Claw as a fist I can't argue.

Power Klaws is da best.
>>
File: why you dont fire into the wind.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
why you dont fire into the wind.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>51396358
And then when he killed his own dudes
>>
>>51396358
>Cardboard fortress

That would mean at least a week in the painglove for an IF

But he plays IW so DECIMATION it is !
>>
>>51396158
A rather convincing argument.
>>
>>51396358
> Shit looking terrain
> Shit looking DA with half assed Plastic Chaos Space Marine plus DV biker 'Ravenwing'
> facing shit painted IWs
Why even live?
>>
Opinions on power weapon vets?

I'm specifically considering sallies/scars shattered legions with a sallie praetor going around slapping people's shit up with his WS entourage.

I'm thinking they'd be an allied detachment to a main solar auxilia force. Storm Eagle worth it? My issue is I also wanted a bunch of land speeders to bust tanks. And Spartans are gay.
>>
>>51396464

That's like 70% of all 40k and HH Armies out there though.
>>
>>51395869
drop the trip, cmon man last thread you did well. Also why are you using 3rd party models, recasters pay something twards GW whilst you just rip them striaght off with your kabuiki shit
>>51395789
If you make the claw blades the same colour throughout why not
>>51395717
Well the Charcadons are in RG paint atm so why not
>>
>>51390019
>I assume Primarchs would sometimes second squads to their brother's legions as gifts
Sure thing, Blood Raven.
>>
>>51396306
Sorry m8, but Vikings are gay
>>
Are there any cool Sons of Horus and Imperial Fists icons for shoulders, torsos, dreads and other armour that look reasonably cool in 2D, other than those in the FW books?
>>
>>51396464
Oh fucking leave him alone. He's doing his thing and unlike half of these assholes he's actually playing rather than just criticising everyone else's fun
>>
>>51396471
The various LA special units often do the job more effectively, also cheaper... and marksman vets are soo much better it's almost a crime NOT to use them
But if you got a cool idea anon just run with it.
Props for the Spartan=faggot comment. Lame Spartan Deathstars are cancer to this game
>>
>>51395505
I think you meant to post in /40kg/ but anything
can fall to chaos, just depends on your definition of Chaos as fantasy had chaos gods of Order apart from Sigmar
>>51395493
You're his facebook friend?
>>
File: 1484848419741.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484848419741.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>51396511
If pic related is true, then end me senpai
>>
>>
File: herding cats i say.png (51KB, 1208x265px) Image search: [Google]
herding cats i say.png
51KB, 1208x265px
>>51396464
Because people want to play games before finising the army, at least it's not the buttplug board
Which I currently lack photos of
>>
File: heard you were talking shit.jpg (61KB, 700x588px) Image search: [Google]
heard you were talking shit.jpg
61KB, 700x588px
>>51396541
>>
>>51396390
Well, if you ONLY want Mitchell, here's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B_Yw-JAnuw
>>
>>51396570
I'm really proud of that screencap :^)
>>
>>51396582
See now, THIS is an acceptable use of plastics in 30k.
This is fucking beautiful.
That other shit? Nah son. Not a chance
>>
File: Lion.jpg (105KB, 425x850px) Image search: [Google]
Lion.jpg
105KB, 425x850px
>>51396582
Not chaos-looking enough
>>
>>51396570
> Screencap includes faggy spider posting meme shit
> screencap is two fucking posts
Opinion discarded. Forever.
>>
>>51396471
>>51396515
>>Props for the Spartan=faggot comment. Lame Spartan Deathstars are cancer to this game
People misusing them are the cancer.
I would not mind facing three Spartans full of 20-man Tacs+support.

>>51396511
I agree with this guy.
>>
>>51396582
That's actually from the set of images that got me started on Warhammer in the first place. Some damn beautiful dark angels.
>>
>>51396624
Get off your high horse and gouge out your eyes.
>>
>>51396488
>>51395905
I am not so brand loyal as to deny myself better looking miniatures.
It will be my only third party miniature in my entire collection however.
>>
>>51396026
With book is this?
>>
>>51396649
Fucc u :^)
The screen was meant to illustrate how, almost at the same time people were trying to get the thread back on its tracks some people me were going full memery.
>>
>>51396683

One of ADB's friends did that as part of a 30k group including French and Bligh. French plays Blood Angels, Bligh plays Alpha Legion.

https://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/tag/tale-of-five-heretics/
>>
>>51396707

Better looking? The Kabuki Russ looks like piss compared to the FW model. Also it'll stick out like a sore thumb. It's out of scale compared to the FW Primarchs.
>>
>>51396746
>yfw bligh nerfs moritats
>>
>>51396730
> SCREENCAP NOT JUST TWO POSTS GUIS
> It's 6.
Thank you for proving my point
>>
>>51396059
The ultimate meme army is loyalist iron warriors.
>>
>>51396823
A well painted 30k conversion?!?! On MY /hhg/? Get the fuck out of here anon we only dunk models in Nuln oil in this bitch.
> ib4 but but mah mah shaky hands make edge highlights too hard
Get out
>>
>>51396505
Also are Berzerker chainaxes on Reavers ok?
I'll mix them with the ones they get in official models, interested how it looks like in case anyone else has done the same.

>>51396864
>not thinning your paints so much you have to fuck up ten layers for it to look bad
shyggy
>>
>>51396926
> supplement Era appropriate war gear with 40k equivalent to spice up a unit and add variety
Sure man go for it
> FW TOO EXPENSIVE AND CAN'T FIND RECASTERS CHAOS SPACE MARINES LOOK JUST AS GOOD AYY LMAO
not so much.
>>
File: Imperator Vult.png (9KB, 508x122px) Image search: [Google]
Imperator Vult.png
9KB, 508x122px
>>51388670

>Imperator Vult Edition
My half baked meme army idea is the thread edition.

I am proud but I am not sure if I should be...
>>
File: Abakhol_Warrior_Squad.jpg (265KB, 653x644px) Image search: [Google]
Abakhol_Warrior_Squad.jpg
265KB, 653x644px
>>51396982
The first case, actually bought berserker kit to convert reavers out of some parts (see the topmost guy in the artwork pic I posted, it's a berserker helmet without the bunny ears).
I'm still on the fence about cutting off the arrows on the axes. They are viable on SoHs, but still remind me too much on CSM.
I'd also like to make some of my guys wear gloves that come with the axes, but sadly they look comically oversized.
pic related
>>
File: techthrallWIP.jpg (1MB, 1953x1533px) Image search: [Google]
techthrallWIP.jpg
1MB, 1953x1533px
Working on an idea for Tech-Thralls, my army is Dark Mechanicvm so I thought the crypt ghouls would be a good base.

The gun would look better re-positioned to point further down, otherwise he'd have to fall over to shoot straight (well, BS2 I guess) but I really like the head and arms. Thoughts?
>>
File: techthrallWIP.jpg (220KB, 1044x786px) Image search: [Google]
techthrallWIP.jpg
220KB, 1044x786px
>>51397124
sheeit forgot to resize, sorry lads
>>
How crazy do Imperial Fists get with heraldry? I know the Templars are hardcore about individualism and honor, but Dorn hated division.
>>
File: chill.jpg (74KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
chill.jpg
74KB, 394x406px
>>51396762
>>
>>51397124
>>51397148
Pretty nice, I like it. One suggestion, if I may, I feel it'd look better with slightly more arm, even a stump just above the elbow before the chains would be better. As it is the thrall could only swing those chains by rocking its entire torso from side to side like a retard.
>>
>>51397240
That's a good point, I'll do that.
Also it looks a bit hairy in the picture, that's because I dropped it on my dog. Luckily it's just a proof of concept, I'll be more careful with the real ones.
>>
>>51396926
The biggest problem is that Berserker hands are cartoonishly huge.
>>
>>51397124
Damn nice, although it looks a little featureless. Smooth that gun-mount blob into the torso a bit and add some upper arms, and it will look nice.

Looking to do something similar for my Dark Genetor fleet Adsecularis/Levies (Adsec to start with, then Levies once I have enough). How modular is the Ghoul kit? Wanted to add on some Nid Gant shoulder/hand weapons (Built into the body/end of arm, having them hold them looks stupid) and mix in some Tyranid, Admech and possibly Skink parts to vary up the horde of 40-100 guys up a bit.
>>
File: gallery_12989_9910_516060.jpg (206KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_12989_9910_516060.jpg
206KB, 1600x1200px
>>51397220

Opinion or not, your models are going to be tiny as shit compared to any FW Primarch. they are the wrong scale for Primarchs. I bought the Russ, Lorgar and Fulgrim models and they are not even big enough to pass as normal marines. I was fooled by the references to the 40mm base. Here's your Russ compared to a Standard Marine.
>>
>>51397374
That's kinda funny to be honest.
>>
>>51397374
Do not respond to tripfags.
>>
>>51397305
Ghouls come in legs, torso, head and arms.

You can use pretty much any arms with any torso, and so on, but there isn't much variation in pose. It's easy enough to swap heads, hands and lower legs around though.

I always cut all the shit off their backs because I think it's dumb, but your taste may vary.
>>
>>51396926
What >>51397302 said.

You could look into 3rd party (Anvil makes one with hands on them) or get something like Vanguard Veteran thunder hammers and mount chainaxe blades on them (I used them to make power axes for my dudes).
>>
File: gallery_12989_9910_1322581.jpg (235KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_12989_9910_1322581.jpg
235KB, 1600x1200px
>>51397374

And their Russ-Kin Wolf, compared to a plastic Fenrisian Wolf.

>>51397395

Kabuki models are shit, and anyone who uses them needs to know, regardless of a trip or not.

But I'm done, and I'll refrain from now on.
>>
>>51397302
They are, I agree. I'm going to size them up with normal arms to see if they are passable, as gloves tend to make hands bulkier. I not, no big deal, I'll just chop 'em off.

>>51397432
Thanks for the suggestion, but the Anvil ones are ugly. Depending on the number of Reavers I do, Berzerker, FW standard and Reaver chainaxes should cover my needs.
The good 3rd party thing I found is Mastercrafted spiked shoulder pads, although I have some 40 spikes from a Chaos Rhino sprue to cut off and apply.
The only thing I'll have to bitzhunt for is topknots.
>>
>>51397374
>>51397444
That's probably the old style.
>>
>>51397408
Well, that's pretty much the best I could hope for. Some chopping and changing should be feasible, then.
Probably going to trim the spine thing off some, maybe experiment with my extra Gant bodies and see if I can give some carapace, not like I have any other use for them. Ordering the stuff in a week or so, work is busy ATM so little time for hobby.
>>
>>51397675
Good luck when you get round to them, looking forward to seeing your efforts posted in this thread.
>>
>>51397374

Weird because my Alpharius model from Kabuki is head and shoulders taller than my normal marines, even before the big ass stairs he's standing on.
>>
>>51397637
>The only thing I'll have to bitzhunt for is topknots.

Anvil has those as well.

There's always Chaos Warrior top knots, but they're somewhat rare. I have a bunch of Chaos Warriors and I've bought a bunch of the knots extra, but I only got about two dozen.
>>
>>51397708

Interesting. All the ones I mistakenly got are horribly out of scale.

One thing I have noticed is that FW seems to be aware of the weapon choices they gave their designs at Kabuki, because the FW books deliberately give all the primarchs weapons that don't match up with the kabuki models. Kabuki Dorn is shown with a power fist and power sword, but FW Dorn comes with a nasty chainsword and a salvo bolter. Kabuki Alpharius has a Sword, FW one has a Spear. Kabuki Ferrus is shown with a hammer in one hand, and a gorgon head in the other, with nothing on his back to represent the Medusan Carapace; his custom primarch armor with all the servo arms that gave him a plasma weapon, a flamer weapon, a grav weapon, and a grenade harness.
>>
>>51397725
>Anvil has those as well.
Look a bit off tbqh.
Chaos Warriors, CSM, even Orc topknots look good, but I'll see, all in due time.
>>
>>51397811
Depends on how big you need them, of course. I was thinking of giving at least one tactical blow small ones just to differentiate them. Maybe a little larger ones for bikers.
>>
>>51397702
Thanks, anon. Going to be learning quite a few new skills, not had much cause to use greenstuff so far and a few of the scratch-builds will certainly need some plasticard and probably magnets.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51397809

Yeah here's a pic, alpharius is a bit lanky but not in a bad way
>>
>>51395893
oh fuck bro please don't shoot down my trillion pods with your one dread :'(
what a fucking tard
>>
>>51398147
it's 2.

Most good lists double up on things
>>
>>51394565
Not him, but I'm starting to build a DG army. I wanted to footslog cuz muh fluff. So I've got two 20-man tactical squads, east with an apothecary. Did I goof?
>>
File: pyramid_of_shobred.jpg (95KB, 528x704px) Image search: [Google]
pyramid_of_shobred.jpg
95KB, 528x704px
Tizca's biscuit supply has been secured.
>>
>>51397919
>Alpharius biggest model of the fake primarch models seen so far

the irony
>>
>>51398147

Is this implying pod lists are good
>>
>>51397809
yeah i have the lion el jonson one and hes in scale with my fw perty.
>>
Speaking of Kabuki, anyone have the not-Emperor? A picture of him next to some primarchs would be interesting.
>>
>>51398184
It's what I do. Mix in Creeping Death and no one's going to shift your dudes. They just sit still on objectives, artillery or tank support behind them and shred anything that gets into 18"
>>
>>51398216
I bet it's filled with sewing supplies.
>>
>>51398529
Why Creeping Death? For the 5+ cover?
I was thinking of The Reaping for rad grenades.

Would a Leviathan Dreadnought count as "tank support" in your example? I love that model so much.
>>
>>51398834
Reaping is shit for footslogging, since you can't run, though rad is nice, Creeping Death keeps 'em alive for longer even if it is slightly lackluster in other aspects. Drop podding a Leviathan is awesome and shit scary
>>
>>51398834
Don't forget Move Through Cover, so all your assault and bike squads ([muffled REEEEEing in the distance]), vehicles, etc. can just blast through cover without having to take Dangerous Terrain tests. Also makes phosphexing the shit out of the board more fun when you don't have to worry about the Dangerous Terrain left behind.

And you get Vets and Heavy Support Squads as (non-compulsory) Troops.
>>
>>51396649
>refusing Spiddesh
Oh hey normie how's it going, sorry that our memes require abit more thinking than yours
>>
>>51398184
Not necessarily. Not yet, anyway.

Footslogging is challenging. The biggest problem is that artillery tends to be much easier to destroy in assault but you’ll never get there. So instead of destroying their quad mortars, you need troops that are a less vulnerable than average to artillery fire and a lot of shooting of your own. DG can do that. Just don’t be fooled into expecting your 20-man blobs to achieve anything. They’re a distraction and it’s your shooty units that will do the damage. If you take the The Reaping RoW, your heavy support squads might be your only objective holders left in the end.

Like I said before, I’m a big fan of Grave Wardens. If your firebase isn’t under threat from drop pods or outflanking units, they should follow the footsloggers.

>>51398216
Nice.
>>
>>51396746
>French gave BA ass just to make use of his moulds
>>
Up coming 2.5k point game and I need a help making an HQ decision. I love the Achilles Aplga Land Raider, i ussually run it without using it as transport. Bit i recently came into possesion of a Command Squad which I'd like to use.

Is it worth placing my Preator + 5 man Command Squad inside the Achilles? It'd add up to 600 points plus real fast and that's without terminator armor adding to their survival. I planned on kitting them for melee but I'm hesitant about sinking so many points into the idea.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>51397444
>Kabuki models are shit
Their emperor is fantastic.
>>
>>51398982

>Having seen the first WIP pics of John’s Blood Angel Destroyers, I look forward to the uproar of “WHY ARE THEY WEARING SANGUINARY GUARD DEATH MASKS?” and so on. Also, John was the first to mention the sacred words: “I’m going to use bits of Mk7 and 8 armour without giving a shit in the slightest. I’m also going to convert a Storm Talon and Nephilim.”

>The purist in me shudders just a little at that. On one hand, I know that an Armour Mark is something built with a thousand variations on a thousand forge worlds. The Marks we see are a template, and individual forges, foundries, manufactories and artisans will design their own versions and equivalents. I know the Space Marine Legions had hundreds of vehicles we’ve still not seen, and never will, and that in 40K that scale is magnified a hundredfold. Yeah. I get it, I really do. I love that. Scale, people. Scale.

>But if I see something that’s clearly an Errant-pattern collar without some fantastic unit description and cool lore behind it, then I’ll pop his eyes out with an ice cream scoop, and ask Phil Kelly if he wants to join, over John’s twitching corpse.
>>
>>51399022
Hey look, dubs, guess I must be right.
>>
>>51399023
>John French doesn't play Fists
Well that's interesting.
>>51399022
>>51399065
I don't like the sword desu, it should be beefier, with more fire.
>>
>>51399065
That is a pretty nice model indeed, though I assume it's a little small considering he's supposed to be quite a bit taller than the Primarchs.
>>
>>51399017
Need context. We can assume you're not running Orbital Assault, but that doesn't narrow it down much. What else do you typically run? Which legion, RoW, etc?
>>
>>51399023

So when will John French retcon Mk VII and VIII into the Heresy to justify people's use of them in Heresy armies?
>>
>>51399017
>should I put a melee unit into something that doesn't have the Assault Vehicle special rule
My gut feeling is no.
>>
>>51398929
Best Vet or Heavy Support Squad loadouts for Death Guard?

Does the Veteran Tactics +1 to armour pen stack with the Siege Breaker's tank hunter? Was considering giving them meltaguns and/or combi-meltas and Rhino-ing them up the board.
>>
>>51398775
It's genuinely a biscuit tin I forgot I had. I just posed some minis next to it for fun, but now I'm thinking I might actually keep it and try and turn it into an obelisk or something.
>>
>>51399023
WTF I love ADB again?
Also, I didnt know Jordan from the Axis of Awesome played 40k
>>
>>51399250
"Relic" biscuit tin.
>>
>>51399218
If you're going with Creepy Death, missile launchers would be nice due to S5 blasts. And it's one way of getting AA fire as well.
>>
>>51396726
Book 3 iirc.
>>
>>51399287
It was a gift.
>>
>>51398216
> another post with nicely painted models
Easy anon, you might give me hope
>>
>>51399123
Imperial Fist. I normally run Pride of the Legion and outflank with a couple of vet squads in rhinos, use their nuncio to teleport termites in when needed. I like to play with a somewhat mobile army list to keep units away from my raipers and heavy support squads in the back line. If my flank does get assaulted I keep a unit of termies held in reserve to drop in and tangle things up in melee.

>>51399146
I didn't even consider this. What unit would fit in a 6 capacity transport that's worth fielding?
>>
File: Sicaran WIP.jpg (101KB, 800x630px) Image search: [Google]
Sicaran WIP.jpg
101KB, 800x630px
Spent most of today feeling sick and working on and off the Sicaran.

Turret, tracks and hazards on the other side to do.
>>
>>51399563
A small non-assault transport probably wants to carry heavy support dudes with similar range as the Achilles' weapons.
>>
>>51399563
Techmarines.
>>
>>51399750
Not the anon you were replying to but fuck that is a good idea. I have been looking for a way to fit the Achilles into my IW list and i like the idea of a techmarine with rad-missile toting servitors.
>>
>>51399678
I tend to ram the thing right into the heaviest concentration of enemies I can find, it's durable enough to last several rounds of shooting. I of course soften up targets with the mortars first but I tend to keep it short range. Maybe a metal support squad?

>>51399750
Never player with one, what will it do for my tank?
>>
Where can I get some MkII helmets? I just need the helmets, about 10, but even eBay gives me just the command squad ones (crest) at a quite high price.
>>
>>51399828
Rad missile servitors are a nice way to hurt quad mortars.
>>
File: Blushing marine.png (494KB, 498x419px) Image search: [Google]
Blushing marine.png
494KB, 498x419px
>>51399999
Witnessed rad familia
>>
>>51399999

May your Servitors be ever Shiny and Chrome.
>>
>>51399218
They just always have a flat +1 to pen so basically S9 melta/missiles with tank hunters is good
>>
>>51399835
Repair it.

>>51399846
What legion?
>>
>>51399999
Checked, Giga-Tzeentch.
>>
>>51400084
Plain.
>>
>>51400130
>Plain
Never heard of that legion, sorry.

Jokes aside, I was going to see if you were willing to get any of the Legion MkII heads, but nevermind then. Sorry I can't help you out here, mate.

Why do you need MkII heads?
>>
Want to do either BA or DA for my first 30k legion.

honestly can't decide.

BA Gets Assault cannons on everything practically, fluffy jump pack RoW, +1 to wound

DA Gets acid rounds, stasis shells, swords are meh and the Bike RoW, hits on 3s w/ Swords at same WS
>>
>>51399999
Well now I clearly have to do this for my army. I forget, do servitors have the ability to walk and fire them? If not I may just stick them in terrain rather than having them on the move.
>>
>>51400234
Well if legion advantages are a dead heat, go for either fluff or what you would prefer to paint.
>>
>>51400220
I need them for my MkIII suits.

I'm trying to recreate the old Plague Marine look of MkIII suit with MkII helmet and a spike on top.
>>
>>51400333
Why not grab the Deathguard helmet kit then?
>>
>>51400400
Because that's not what I want?
>>
>>51400234
Blood Angels because best primarch best legion.
>>
>>51399597
Stop painting so god damn quickly, you're making the rest of us look bad
>>
>>51400234

Wait for Angelus. Then you'll know where to go.

Remember FW changed some of the Legion rules in later installations. I suspect we'll see changes to the BA and DA rules in Angelus.
>>
File: DA 1.jpg (132KB, 1000x968px) Image search: [Google]
DA 1.jpg
132KB, 1000x968px
>>51400458
In my defence, I lost most of a day's painting doing this commission for an anon from here.

So... I could have been faster.
>>
>>51400273
The servitors have to stand still, but with 48'' range you can still place them outside everything but the standard mortar shell range. And those the techmarine/forgelord can tank the hits of.
>>
>>51400580
the AoS legs really ruin that otherwise great model.
>>
File: first_of_many.jpg (368KB, 1200x1416px) Image search: [Google]
first_of_many.jpg
368KB, 1200x1416px
So last game against some World Eaters, this contemptor-mortis got charged by about 13 assault marines with apothecary and Khârn, the latter charging in alongside them after getting out of a spartan. My opponent did this to tie him down in CC to stop him from mowing down assault marines.

First round of assault the contemptor did nothing, and Khârn chopped off a single hullpoint.

The second round of assault Khârn missed all but one attack, which failed to even scratch the paint. The contemptor however kicked one assault marine to death, winning the assault.

Opponent failed Ld. test.

Contemptor gets the higher score and sweeps the entire unit.
>>
>>51400234
Assault squads and outriders got hit pretty hard by the single-meltabomb FAQ issue. I guess that actually affects both of the armies you're interested in, especially if you want to run Day of Revelation or Ravenwing. Ironwing's good, but I'm really not a fan of the DA's pre-Heresy color scheme (or lack thereof).
>>
>>51400753
Eh, it was one of the requests for the model. I can see it going along with a knightly aesthetic.
>>
>>51394318
I love Hoho's Bizarre Heresy so much
>>
>>51400784
That guy needs a name.
>>
>>51401025
I know, that contemptor has done more epic stuff like that and was the first model of my Alpha Legion collection I fully painted too. But not sure what AL names are generally like. And he calls himself Alpharius naturally
>>
>>51400841

Outriders at least don't have all that much of a downside to MSU splitting which maximizes how many guys get to throw bombs

I think
>>
>>51401025
How about Alpharius?
>>
File: CaladiusGravTank01.jpg (32KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
CaladiusGravTank01.jpg
32KB, 600x620px
Is it worth the points tax to run two min units of Custodes in an allied detachment so that I can get one of their tanks without using up a primary detachment heavy support slot? Custodes troops seem so... mediocre, but that grav tank is fucking bananas. It's like a Sicaran on steriods that costs the same as a typical Sicaran build.

>inb4 just wait for Inferno
Yeah, yeah, I know, but we don't know if their transport is going to have Assault Vehicle, and I can sadly see FW not giving it to them because it's a skimmer and the door on the model doesn't look that big. Two min squads of halberd guys at least can hold backfield objectives or defend backfield tanks and artillery against outflankers in your deployment zone, and that way you keep the investment in order to run one of those tanks nice and low (the whole detachment is only ~530 points or so)
>>
>>51401806
New!
>>
>>51401803
If you wait for Inferno you might get to see what the rules for them will be, so you know a little better how to field those models.
Thread posts: 361
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.