[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 51

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Gladiator Edition:

Have you successfully had a gladiator game /pfg/? Did you use victory points or performance combat?

>FRIENDLY REMINDER: If you need help with a build or character creation, mention what 1st and 3rd-party sources you're allowed! You can't complain if we offer Path of War or Spheres of Power if you never said that you were limited to 1st-party, after all!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread: >>51377540
>>
>>51383722
> Pathfinder always has degenerate fetish pics in the OP
Really jogging my noggin.
>>
>>51383748

i see nothing degenerate here.
>>
File: 1429627168364.jpg (58KB, 777x932px) Image search: [Google]
1429627168364.jpg
58KB, 777x932px
>>51383765
:thinking:
>>
>>51383765
> fucking L cups
> not degenerate
>>
>>51383765

Can you even imagine how much tit that girl has.

One tit is bigger than three heads. Three.
>>
>>51383788
Don't forget

>tiny head
>huge feet
>smallish hands
>>
>>51383799

That's why she's in show buisness
>>
>>51383722
Not a fan of the picture, but at least the topic's alright and you waited until page 8.

Real question though, what the hell is Performance Combat even used for? Like, it seems fairly pointless.
>>
I can't believe it, why hasn't /pfg/ made a gladiator campaign yet?

Instant combat, PvP, macho attitudes, extravagant outfits and wild raunchy action between other gladiators or gladiators and managers!
>>
>>51383853
I want to be a well known gladiator and do lewd things with my wealthy sponsor's bratty daughter.
>>
>>51383853
Personally? I love PvP and have a fun time whenever I have PvP games with buddies.

Most of /pfg/ however hates PvP conceptually. Mostly because it encourages optimization and most of /pfg/ can't actually build good characters.
>>
>>51383788
>big boobs are degenerate

Pedo spotted. that is a hyper fetishist's art though
>>
>>51383887
You sound like an asshole who's awful to play with.
>>
>>51383887

Same here, I absolutely adore PvP and relish both victory and defeat alike. I'd happy get involved in some PvP gladiatorial games if it was available.
>>
File: meguflat.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
meguflat.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>51383788
>>
>>51383915
I'm stating the truth. Last time a PvP game was suggested people responded with "but I'm a good roleplayer". Really, if the game is PvP then optimization and mechanics are important. It's part of the Stormwind fallacy as a whole.

PvP is "if you can't stand the heat get of the kitchen" gameplay. You don't seem like you could stand the heat.
>>
>>51383971
You just seem like the type of person who shits on people for having fun the way they want to. Just an observation.
>>
>>51383994
Have fun how you want to. If you join in a PvP game don't expect to win if the way you have fun is making mechanically weak characters. In a PvP game I have fun my optimizing characters and winning PvP.

You're not entitled to winning matches in PvP anymore than I am.
>>
>>51383971

Isn't PvP when personality and roleplay matters the most? It's what determines a dead character or a character with friends.

Personally, I love playing the friendly mentor type that intentionally and subtly eggs on the edgelord until there's a confrontation.
>>
>>51383903
>>51383966
naw, i like big, just not bigger than like, a G or so. literal beachballs is nope.
>>
>>51384050
>Isn't PvP when personality and roleplay matters the most? It's what determines a dead character or a character with friends.
It does, but mechanics are also important.

What I am saying is that in a PvP game no one is entitled to win. If you make a mechanically weak character then you should not expect to win much.
>>
>>51383722
Yar, ye scurvy dogs.

Ifn ye wish ta scour the skies as a sky-pirate, feel free to apply here: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67490/fookin-sky-pirates
>>
>>51384050
Not 1v1 Arena PvP, unless friends is defined as extra bodies you can control. Now when a co-op game devolves into PvP, being an entertaining character is mad helpful.
>>
>>51384115
Man, pirate campaigns always seemed neat in theory, but I'm just so bad at the murdering that the worst I can manage is a naval Robin Hood.
>>
>>51383966
The main benefit of Megumin aftercare is butt groping. Chest is just a side bonus.
>>
I don't know why I like the Paramour class so much. I guess I just love love too much.
>>
>>51384149

You're a slut, anon. A filthy shameless slut.
>>
>>51384160
Even sluts want to be loved...

A slut with no one to be his Heartbound Partner, at that.
>>
>>51383853
I actually would like to do some sort of mass arena/tournament thing with /pfg/. I have a small campaign slot set aside for little ideas here and there. Bracket tier stuff, have entire seasons for it.
>>
>Summoner with high wisdom and intelligence
>I am last player trying to enter tower ~70ft away, blocked by enormous two-headed wolf monster thing we cannot kill, that I definitely cannot sneak past due to positioning, and have no time to summon my Eidolon perhaps as a distraction (we haven't even entered combat technically)
>Ask DM if I can use my knowledge of Planes to detect what kind of realm we are in based on this monster
>A dream world, another plane of reality
>Wolf monster has noted it is a loyal servant of a master of madness, which created said monster
>...
>"I'd like to roll a wisdom check to ask it why, if it is a creature of pure Madness, it predictably serves a master?"
>nat20
>"Monster counts as Dazed. Both heads are momentarily stunned and look at each other wide-eyed and grimacing. "
>Next turn DM-controlled NPC going before me sneaks towards the door, getting much closer to the monster than I am
>Cast Light on NPC
>Monster immediately jumps him for the turn
>Walk close enough to the entrance that somebody with a chain hooks me and pulls me into the tower
>>
>>51383966
Wait when the fuck did this happen
>>
>>51384194

The OVA, which has been firmly non-canon since Season 2.
>>
>>51384188
DHB would probably win while playing a FUCKING FIGHTER.
>>
>>51383971
Last time a PvP game was suggested it was "Hey, see that game that's already started? We should make full autismo builds to PvP vs these people who weren't focusing on PvP."
>>
>>51384231

I want to make a PCP character now!
>>
>>51384231
>Last time a PvP game was suggested it was "Hey, see that game that's already started? We should make full autismo builds to PvP vs these people who weren't focusing on PvP."
Last PvP game that was suggested was a FSN theme'd one suggested by DHB.
>>
>>51384270
Oh, forgot about that one. IIRC the problem there was balancing issues with the Noble Phantasms, not a dislike for PvP.
>>
>>51384300
The issue was DHB was planning on having the game center around his Unchained Mythic system, but is too busy making his other campaign to finish a draft of Unchained Mythic.
>>
>>51384317
>unchained mythic
What?
>>
File: boobs.jpg (71KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
boobs.jpg
71KB, 1200x675px
>>51384211
which is unfortunate, because darkness is boobs.
>>
File: yof.png (205KB, 711x849px) Image search: [Google]
yof.png
205KB, 711x849px
>>51382584
Y'know what? I might look into this one a bit. High flying hue pirate nonsense sounds like it could be fun.

Have a conceptual retake of Andy in the mean time
>>
Forrest!

So, quick concern when it comes to the Fey pact avowed and Fetch/Mirror Ball/anything dealing with simulacrum.
Are you going to finally please oh please be the one who defines what is needed to make a simulacrum?
> First hand knowledge, hearsay, medical examination, a bit of hair etc like fetch specifies, storing an imprint somehow
If you can or can't add templates, make up creatures whole cloth that could exist or you just read about?
>I've met a half dragon, and a level 8 fighter, so why can't I make a half dragon level 4 fighter? Oh and I saw a half fiend the other day so throw that on, and you know fighters exist past level 8 so why not make him cap out my HD limit by creating a theoretical hero? Maybe I should try to make one of Hercules
How much if anything they know from their original?
>My simulacrum of the king know all their defenses and dirty secrets. The wizard simulacrum knows all the spells for scribing and was totally an artificer type.
Will it still take a dedicated magical lab and material components to repair one?
>Why bother when a half-troll has regenerate?

And so on.
Please don't get me wrong, I really really really love the idea and the use of the spell, but damn it needs a whole page or two of clarifications and errata....
>>
>>51384430

There is so much more to Darkness than her boobs!
>>
>>51384466
>dat hip-to-waist
>them freckles
yum
>>
>>51384149
>Paramour class
Which book is that in now?
>>
>>51384466

Would you draw the party if you got in?
>>
>>51384466
You know, that's one of the most original designs you've shown, Elsbeth-Anon! Tell us about this character!
>>
So I've posted this before, but I want some more feedback on this homebrew setting.

>17th century (maybe 18-19th century technology after accounting for magic)
>Empire vs Alliance of City States
>Phezzan-like 3rd party arbitrator potentially pulling some strings
>City-states surrounded by large untamed wilderness
>Untamed wilderness has MonHun monsters
>Mass transit between Cities via magitech trains or something to avoid the big ass monsters
>Empire is HRE/Prussian themed, Noblesse Oblige
>Empire has more tech and is generally more advanced
>Alliance has big heroes from all the monster hunting
>Crusades will probably happen.
>PCs could be from PMCs from arbitrator country, or it could just all be between different city-states
>Or PCs could be an elite task force from either Empire or Alliance
>Land ownership possibilities as either alliance city state govenors or as citizens within empire
>Migration of people between empire and alliance might be an interesting point to look into
>Mass Combat if the subsystem didn't suck, or if I could find a better replacement
>Empire would probably be good, if not a bit ruthless, and may have a Titans/A-Laws elite force a la Gundam
>Alliance would have corruption, but bring forth democracy and social mobility.
>Empire has a Megaman Zero/MGR:Revengance set of four generals, with one being a bit of a Char Aznable clone.
>Recurring themes of democracy/autocracy, the purpose of war, and the RULES OF NATURE
>>
>>51383722
THICC
H
I
C
C
>>
If someone in your group wanted to adapt it, would you allow them to play a Rainbow Servant?

If so, what would need to be changed?
>>
File: 14848337074234.jpg (66KB, 1024x974px) Image search: [Google]
14848337074234.jpg
66KB, 1024x974px
>>51383748
>>
>>51384809

Those thighs are disgusting.

Like, those are the thighs I'd see on a woman at Wal-Mart.
>>
>>51384809
I don't get it, you drew a hippo with serious thyroid problems....
>>
>>51384809
We have reached the stage of abstract art metatrolling.
>>
Would you be a piece of shit for charging your players 5 dollars a session?
>>
>>51384809
Ay, link that comm page, drawfag
>>
>>51384903
Unless it's into a pool for food, yes you would.

You might still find players, mind you, but expect them to be the king of people nobody would play with for free.
>>
>>51384903

Yes, because the sessions probably aren't worth $5.
>>
>>51384903

Unless that's your way of getting them to chip in for a very expensive pizza, yes.
>>
>>51384903
If they're paying $5 a session just for you to GM then yes and you're a sociopath for even needing to ask that question.
>>
File: Bloodborne Jeez Dude.jpg (98KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Jeez Dude.jpg
98KB, 635x457px
>When your black blade is actually your mother

really stimulates my senses
>>
File: megumeme.jpg (311KB, 1029x850px) Image search: [Google]
megumeme.jpg
311KB, 1029x850px
Is it possible to walk the path of explosions if I'm gestalting as an exposed vigilante magical girl? At level 7?
>>
File: aliens.png (232KB, 933x730px) Image search: [Google]
aliens.png
232KB, 933x730px
>>51384525
Anything is possible, but that's if my tiny attention span manages to stick through and I get an application in, much less getting accepted.

>>51384555
Andrea (Last name pending forever)
Human
LE
5'9
She was originally conceived as a Rogue build for range, but like Elsbeth originally, the game she was in went to crap and the potential of a character went to waste. Under occasional revision, Andy was more and more geared towards a Megaman Legends-styled campaign a friend had in mind; her arm was blown off by a failing airship engine, but she didn't bleed to death due to hot shrapnel and metal cauterizing the majority of the wound before it was eventually replaced with a prosthetic that yes, folds into a Buster Gun. She's coy, greedy, calculating, and relentless. For her brand of LE, I think of TF2's Meet the Sniper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NZDwZbyDus

As for her aforementioned primary weapon, she would have a pilebunker as a 'Special Weapon', great for Digging through the collapsed tunnels and falls walls as well as the guardians that may be lurking behind them.
>>
>>51384115
>captain Barbados slim
So this campaign is ending with a limbo competition.
>>
>>51385015

>Explosions
>On a ship

Why
>>
>>51385030
explosions on the OTHER ship!
>>
>>51385030
fishing
ship-to-ship warfare
emergency propulsion
>>
File: poweredbylove.jpg (44KB, 379x448px) Image search: [Google]
poweredbylove.jpg
44KB, 379x448px
>>51385015
If you want to walk the path of explosions you really need sop, venician casting will not cut it unless you talk your gm into letting you play black mage.
>>
File: OldMan.jpg (273KB, 2300x1639px) Image search: [Google]
OldMan.jpg
273KB, 2300x1639px
>>51384972
EXPLAIN
>>
>>51383748
>every 2nd or 3rd thread
>always
>>
>>51385015
Gestalt Avowed, probably fire elemental pact, invest in Aether Blast.
Done.
>>
>>51385120
without it, the character woudn't even be a sapient being
>>
Hey /pfg/ wondering if you could help me out.
Is there a list or something of mystery-themed adventure modules? So far I've only pulled Hangman's Noose and Tinderbox (A 3.5 module).
>>
>>51385015
Sphere Sorcerer with Primal Bloodline of your preferred element/Elementalist or Full Sphere Caster of your Choice
>>
>>51384466
Its applejack shuger cube
>>
>>51384903
If you're giving them their 5 dollars worth out of the session, whether through food, props, etc, then no. But you're probably not doing that, so yes, you're a piece of shit.
>>
>>51383722
>performance combat

Has literally anyone ever actually used that?
>>
Where do I find exposed vigilante?
>>
>>51385244
>aeithr blast
>explosion
More like warm breeze lol
>>
>>51385477
I honestly can't imagine it'd be used in any game that isn't specifically about it.

Though that does give me an idea for an all-unarmed pro wrestling campaign.
>>
>>51385512
Legendary vigilantes. It's in the mega.
>>
>>51385526
You don't like a 20-50 wide blast of d8 per level, possibly doubled and/or with status effects at will?
>>
How much of a barrier do you think something like an accent or a lot of slang terms would put between people in a world like Golarion where there's supposed to be a near-universal common tongue?

I'm thinking of writing a backstory that kind of hinges on such a clash, and I'm waffling on whether to make it a matter of cultural barriers or just the fact that my character couldn't even speak much Common at the time.
>>
>>51385541
Thanks.
>>
>>51385603
Compared to what other classes can be doing explosion wise, no. 40ish damage maybe 60 or 80 3 times a day by level 9 is pathetic.

Especially when resistances, saves, and SR all start coming in to play. Yeah. It's kinda weak-sauce compared to what I could be doing as a Psionic, Vancian, or Sphere blaster.

Avowed is for gishing if you're gonna try to do combat with it.
>>
>>51384507
Looks like it came in its own splatbook as part of the Spheres of Lost Power. I'm not sure if it's a stand alone or just one out a selection.
>>
Holy shit, senpai. One day I want weird fantasy, the next day I'm brainstorming rules for projectile-based technological firearms and scaling grenade replicators. I have to clue what I actually want to play, only what I don't want to play.
>>
>>51385740
What don't you want to play?
>>
File: d'awwwww.gif (1MB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
d'awwwww.gif
1MB, 400x394px
>>51384466
>freckles

D'awww.
>>
>>51385745
Paizo-only, high-level, level 1, vancian casters, normal firearms rules, low point-buy, and more!
>>
>>51384903
I have done this in the past, but only for the following reasons:
>it was money pooled for food, people found it easier to hand me money and let me buy/make food than bring things themselves
>it was a pool used for game materials (most often minis, dice, books, etc.). I have done this for APs in the past. This was when I ran a college TTRPG club and materials were put into the club inventory
>payed for a rented public space, we gamed in a local community center and there was a small fee to use the rooms

I will be honest I am unsure if this makes me a piece of shit. Though to my credit if I knew folks had a hard time affording things I would foot the bill.
>>
File: Onryou Kajitisu.jpg (143KB, 1037x1724px) Image search: [Google]
Onryou Kajitisu.jpg
143KB, 1037x1724px
>>51384466

Still waiting on Onryou and Elsbeth in a boob against boob stare down.
>>
>>51384972

>when your character is actually the black blade
>>
>>51386117
No, those are qualifiers that make you not a piece of shit. Congratulations DHB.
>>
>>51386117
Those are reasonable, as you are not profiteering.
>>
>>51386117

That gets reinvested back into the group so its not as bad.
>>
>>51386133
I'd be cool with Onryou and the spoder personally.

Because onesided contests are fun when it comes to boobs.
>>
>>51386133

>Elsbeth is 5'2", Onryou is 6'2"

Either Elsbeth gets a step ladder or its gonna end up like pic related.
>>
File: smile.png (368KB, 721x764px) Image search: [Google]
smile.png
368KB, 721x764px
>>51386133
S O O N

Wrapping up a project this evening. If I manage to finish it up fast enough, maybe I can get something done. Who knows?
>>
>>51384193
>I'd like to roll a wisdom check to ask it why, if it is a creature of pure Madness, it predictably serves a master?

-"Because that would be craaazyyyy, wouldn't it?"
checkmate adventurer

Also dick move Why did you had to kill the NPC too?
>>
File: Puppeteer.png (311KB, 496x502px) Image search: [Google]
Puppeteer.png
311KB, 496x502px
What class is best equipped for emulating a "combat puppeteer" like Kankuro and Sasori from Naruto or Ebony Devil from JoJo.

Preferably
>The puppet/puppets persist when not in use
>The puppet isn't sapient/has some odd creature type(so no summoners)
>the puppet is a reasonable combatant/very customizable
So far the only things I think come close is a construct focused Psion or that one Aegis that can spawn a really, really shitty Eiodolan astral warrior for free.
>>
File: Best Waifu.gif (2MB, 540x280px) Image search: [Google]
Best Waifu.gif
2MB, 540x280px
>>51386748
Corpse Puppeteer from KOP 3 was actually designed with Kankuro in mind.

They're undead/constructs so they're not sapient.

They can be customized with eidolon evolutions.
>>
File: beam.jpg (18KB, 278x400px) Image search: [Google]
beam.jpg
18KB, 278x400px
>>51385526
>>51385603
>>51385697
Y'all need to get yer numbers checked, friends. Anon isn't wrong, but his numbers are.

Level 9 Tiefling(+3 profane FCB)
Base pulse 5d8, we'll use Blast IV for 9d8 instead with a wider potential zone (though you can't stack the damage you can overlap and/or cover more). Personally I feel Wrath IV would be more thematic though, but both can be affected by the same effects and will have the same numbers.

Balefire Infusion alt-ability is of course chosen, and we'll take Lingering Pulse, Empower(obviously), We can take Overcharge Modulation, Aether Focus, and Aether Infusion. Everything is going into this after all.

So. 9d8+3, currently untyped. Now the feats kick in. Four rounds of charging EXPLOSION! will bring us to 13d8+3 and have us dish out the range and AoE as if we were level 13 as well (that's midway up the next radius bracket now).

We empower it: 3x/day we not only increase it with overcharge but we also apply whatever special effects the modulation may have. 19d8+4 now instead.

Focus now makes the fifth round (where it's actually fired) into a full-action concentration effect, but at the end of the round you'll deal the damage again, PLUS an additional 5d8.

Lingering also means that anything starting or ending its turn in the AoEs also takes an extra 2d8+1 from clouds that remain for four rounds (not to mention the concentration from aether focus).

If everything stacks up, at the end of the round, everything in two 20' AoEs from Blast IV will have taken: 19d8+4, 24d8+7, and 2d8+1 (this last one has no save). All untyped.

Total damage average is 89.5 reflex half + 115 reflex half + 10.

If somehow YOU survive finally having shown yourself like this and get to concentrate into the next round, it'll be another 29d8+10 reflex half to everything in the areas.

This is very much a 'megumin' build however; the drawbacks should be very painfully obvious, but that IS what you can pull off.
>>
>>51385697
To be fair, 3 times a day is three times as often as megumin can do.
>>
>>51386748
>the puppet(s) isn't sapiant/has some odd creature type
>a reasonable combatant / highly customizable

I know you said you don't want summoner, but answer is summoner.
Just ask your GM for some refluff freedoms if you want it to be more "construct"
>>
>>51385740
In this vein, I've thrown up a hastily-formatted example of what I have in mind. RATE MY GUNS /pfg/.

http://pastebin.com/EqXV1PDN
>>
>>51386777
Yeah, I knew about that one I was trying to save it for a different concept but it can work just fine.

If only Kineticists weren't always Con based or the mental stat swap archetypes played nicer with the other ones, it would be PERFECT. That's more of a thematic thing though.

My only major apprehension is that I'll most likely be playing this character in a group with initiators. I like Path of War, but fuck if it doesn't make trying to play someone who does unconventional combat feel even smaller in the pants.
>>
>>51386748

Summoner
>>
>>51386748
>>51386910
Forgot to ask if 3rd party was on the table.
If so, see >>51386777
>>
>>51386921
>The puppet isn't sapient/has some odd creature type(so no summoners)
>>51386933
Well I mentioned Psions and Aegis so I thought that was implied. Yeah, I wouldn't even bother with this concept in 1st party only.
>>
File: avestruz1.jpg (37KB, 509x335px) Image search: [Google]
avestruz1.jpg
37KB, 509x335px
So I would like to participate in one of those pfg games but I don't feel like writing sixteen pages of backstory when I have 50 people to compite with and 2/3 chances that the DM will drop out for "personal reasons".

Can't we just like make a rotatory dm thing so everyone can play?
I would say "living campaign" but fuck those suck ass.
>>
>>51386981
Let me say right now, as a person who has suddenly found himself in two /pfg/ games, you don't need a lengthy, in-depth backstory.

Both of my characters didn't have massively extensive backstories. One just really wants to go on adventure because of stories she was told as a kid, and the other wants to know EVERYTHING.
>>
>>51386981
>insulting strawman
>ask people to do something for you
How'bout you fuck off fampai?
>>
>>51386966
Path of Iron has a construct based class that's fairly customizable.
The is also The robot summoner by Legendary Games. Don't know To much about that one.
>>
>>51386910
>your construct can be banished
>your construct can be poisoned
>your construct can be mind controlled
>your construct can be affected by magic circles meant for demons and shit
>etc, etc
I'm too autistic about details to make a jump from Outsider to construct.

Undead to construct works better, even if there is some shit that's still kind of awkward.

Also, I really don't want Vancian casting.
>>
>>51386981
Why don't you start the /pfg/ living campaign?
>>
>>51386721
Oh yes, obviously one answer is because it is a product of entropy, not order. I just made a lucky roll.

The NPC died so I would not. It wouldn't be the first time a potentially critical NPC died, and it wasn't the last time a potentially critical NPC died that session.

>We finally arrive at the portal which will take us out of this hellscape, but it is being guarded by a (killable this time) boss
>Portal can only be activated by untainted mortal blood
>Cleric picks up DM's last NPC, bounds across the room while we harry the monster, positioning ourselves to end up behind it near the portal
>Cleric slits NPC's throat and lets him bleed out on the portal, takes a turn to activate because of the sheer amount of blood required
>We narrowly escape before being defeated

If it wasn't obvious, the DM wanted to try a more puzzle-based session with Bloodborne influence.
>>
>>51386337

u da bes
>>
>>51387049
living campaings in my experience are terrible ideas.
Never tried rotatory ones but they could probably be as bad.
>>
>>51387053
So its an evil campaign then.
I thought it was a revenge thing against a mary sue DMNPC
>>
>>51387048
All fair
See >>51387044

For more ideas.
>>
>>51384585
Any help with this? Should I take the silence as disinterest?
>>
>>51387044
>Vanguard construct is intelligent and independent
Every goddamn time.

Why? Is it just so DM's can fuck with people? That defeats the whole fucking purpose of it being a construct.
>>
So I'm making an oracle, trying to decide between the legalistic and tongues curses. I'm leaning towards legalistic and saying my character has a strong sense of keeping his word and whatnot, however would that bump him more towards LG than NG? I feel like it shouldn't but I want to see what people think.
>>
>>51387182
1) Alignment is bunk
2) Just because a character keeps his word doesn't mean he's going to be lawful (think dashing thieves, dudes who swear vengeance on someone's grave, or so forth)
3) Alignment is bunk
>>
>>51387182
You could use the legalistic curse to inform your character's alignment, but you don't have to. Especially since it is a curse rather than a choice.
>>
>>51386777
That's still not Forrest, Jolly.
>>
>>51387182
Legalist is definetively for Lawful types, but I guess this guy has a point>>51387220
Also a non-curse, just like tounges. Barely a slap in the wrist.
Maybe you should pick one that actually hurts you, who knows, maybe you can have "fun"with it.
>>
>>51387246

Forrest a shit, Camilla best.
>>
>>51387159
Yep

Your Not going to find a companion based class with an untouchable companion.

Even then, things like command/dominate construct still exist anyway.
>>
File: Best waifu.png (1MB, 1006x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Best waifu.png
1MB, 1006x1136px
>>51387246
And it never will be.
>>
>>51387260
I'm fine with that. Just not the independent mind and action thing.
>>
>>51387136
No, not evil, just given boundless opportunity to plumb our creative depths. Basically, not really roleplaying as our characters. Just enjoying the silliness of what we come up with to carry out our sessions. And we are really enjoying it.
>>
File: 1436194637773.png (258KB, 589x863px) Image search: [Google]
1436194637773.png
258KB, 589x863px
>>51387255
>>51387274
Does your waifu have a hat that works on any character? Didn't think so.
>>
>>51387279
Again
That can easily be refluffed and Most gms let the players have complete control over their companions anyway.

I get you're a little autistic with the intelligence bit of it, but it's probably the closest you're going to get.
A buddy of mine had the same puppet master idea and with the permission of the gm he was just a summoner that had a puppet that "broke down" or got "decharged".
>>
>>51387248
>not using the tongues curse to scream at your party members in some made-up language

xU kUvYUnLYUr yor cYUzA zz envied/.
>>
>>51387388

How do you pronounce "/"?
>>
>>51387401
It's a tonal hard-stop, not something that English has a lot of.
>>
File: latest.png (431KB, 601x832px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
431KB, 601x832px
>>51386777
>>51387246
>>51387274
>>51387320

Now, now, folks, it's not a contest.

Because we all know who would win if it was.
>>
>>51384482
You can only make a Fetch of a creature you have a body part of. A Dragon, a Fiend, and a level 8 fighter are three different creatures. You can't combine them. If you found a half-dragon half-fiend half-troll level 8 fighter, then yeah, you might want to shear off all his hair so you can have a superpowerful mook following you around if you want.

With regards to prepared spells, a Wizard simulacrum still needs to have a spellbook to prepare them from. For prepared casters and knowledge... I'll need to bring that up to Forrest. Unlike Dragon's Teeth we can't really go for a personality-less husk, so... we'll get back to you on that.

>>51386805
Can I just say I am so goddamn happy someone decided to actually math out the Aether Infusion numbers? It feels really goddamn good to know that *someone* looked at that. ^^
>>
>>51387401
You don't. /. is a sentence ender.
>>
>>51387420
>Because we all know who would win if it was.

Aqua?
>>
>>51387401
slash, like in "slash fiction"
>>
>>51387420
But anon, that's not Anna!
>>
File: 1455694172699.jpg (101KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
1455694172699.jpg
101KB, 700x520px
>>51387420
Nah, if we're talking actual waifus for Fates, there's only one winner.
>>
>>51387444

I have disqualified her, but mostly because I am angry in a game that was a labyrinth of pseudo-incest the obvious waifu who is DEFINITELY not a blood relative based on the backstory IS ACTUALLY YOUR ONLY BLOOD RELATIVE IN THE ARMY[/SPOILER]
>>
>>51387384
I wish I was less autistic, I just can't go for that.
>>
>>51387388
>>51387388
Everyone in the party can take one point in linguistics and curse solved.
I say be a man and take the clouded vision curse and utterly fuck yourself.
>>
>>51387555
That doesn't solve the worst drawback of Tongues. You can't drop one liners in combat and taunt your opponent.
>>
>>51387578
>one liners mid combat
My man
>>
>>51387555
That is true, but I still love tongues because it's so fucking flavorful (and I love conlangs).

Besides, it's not like there's a bunch of even more non-curse curses now. Fuckin' Wracking Mysticism.
>>
>>51387604
I'm a fan of the actual Wrecker curse, personally.
>>
>>51387669
That's another good one, even if the only thing I can think of is Nasu's bandolier of swords guy from Red Dragon.
>>
>>51387699
I have a Tengu oracle who's been knocking about for a little while. Time Mystery and Wrecking Curse, it being explained as him inadvertently aging his gear.

So his stuff doesn't just look BROKEN, it all looks old as fuck.
>>
>>51387578
But anon, I'm pretty sure people know when they are being shit talked to. It's a pretty universal inflection in most languages.
>>
>>51387421
One of its drawbacks is its low stand&charge value. The readied action mode does not let you move and only benefits you if the trigger did not occur, while the charging mode seems to allow a 5' step but basically only offers benefits in an ambush or other "They won't attack first AND the party's willing to be patient" situations.

It's nice for this particular trick (that explosion took 5 rounds to spool up), but it IS low gains most of the time. Honestly I'd put the charge-mode up there first so people don't get bummed out by the paragraph of "only if you readied an action, didn't move, AND the action never ended up happening", which while a nice touch, makes the whole feat seem really bad when written as the main use of it.
>>
Are there any metamagic feats besides dazing, quicken and intensify that are worth using?
>>
>>51387795
Oh. I also *assumed* the charge was before empowering. If that's not the case, it loses a bit of value but also needs to be noted/pointed-out, as the interactions aren't entirely clear Likewise Aether Focus (the fully boosted base, or the regular base, or does it secretly mean the shape's base like 9d8 in case of Wrath at level 9).

The greatest gain for Infusion would be at level 20 using Barrage, obviously, but even that is just 10 rounds to double the damage; you may want to increase charging speed at higher levels (maybe two rounds value starting at 11th or something) as 11 full actions is a *LOT*.
>>
>>51387851
empower's good mileage.
>>
File: 1457629995288.png (96KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
1457629995288.png
96KB, 519x370px
>It's an absurdly high-powered game with practically limitless character creation...
>... Yet it's used for a "comfy lewd" maid cafe campaign
>>
File: 1478492652616.gif (3MB, 390x357px) Image search: [Google]
1478492652616.gif
3MB, 390x357px
So /pfg/, what's been your most interesting relationship with a Black Blade? Mine wanted me to collect more swords, like a squirrel
>>
>>51387880
>it's something no one has to talk about
>yet people spend time bitching about it
>>
>>51387887
Mine had a better memory than me, so she kept track of what was in which bag. She also kept her history of experimenting with Darkfire a secret.
>>
>>51387851

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/contagious-spell-metamagic
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/disruptive-spell-metamagic
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/elemental-spell-metamagic
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/empower-spell-metamagic---final
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/encouraging-spell-metamagic
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/furious-spell-metamagic
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/fearsome-spell-metamagic
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/lingering-spell-metamagic
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/rime-spell-metamagic
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/scouting-summons-metamagic
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/trick-spell-metamagic

there's plenty
>>
>>51387887

Mine was granted intelligence after absorbing the souls of a hundred warriors slain by my character's father.

He was basically an old war buddy and "uncle" figure that watched over my character and tried to make him a better man, inspired heavily by ex-ranger family friends.
>>
>>51387917
encouraging spell and rime spell in particular seem excellent
>>
>>51387887
Mine was unhinged and aggressive, and wanted to kill other wizards and magi so i could steal their spellbooks
>>
Doing writing for the different organizations in Desmon that matter.

I have been struggling with two of them. The LG and the CE organization in Desmon, but have nearly settled on them.

I realized there was no religious organization among the Revolution members. I have planned both a CE and a LG ones.

The question is which would you all rather see?

As for the other, if the LG is not religious it will instead be given over to an organization named The Poor Fellows, an esoteric brotherhood originally formed by beggars.

The CE, if not a religious organization, will be a terrorist group centered around a survivor of a previous revolution that bitterly hates the country.

So, in your opinions, which should instead be religious?
>>
>>51387727
That's pretty awesome, I dig it.
>>
File: 1431761667897.gif (733KB, 288x422px) Image search: [Google]
1431761667897.gif
733KB, 288x422px
Have you ever been mantled with the responsibility of mentorship? Be it an apprentice, a squire or a page, tell me about the people you've tutored and trained!
>>
For that pirate game, how practical do you think an Investigator (polymath)//Vigilante (psychometrist) would be for a 'ship's engineer' type? I can't figure out if psychometrist is actually worth using or not.
>>
File: untrained skill (Leadership).png (460KB, 1050x2413px) Image search: [Google]
untrained skill (Leadership).png
460KB, 1050x2413px
>>51388315
>>
>>51388315
>not taking all of the proto-leadership feats at once and being your own party
>>
>>51388315
>captain's daughter has a crush on a local blacksmith
>sneaks out at night to see him
>another crew hates our guts for beating them in a race
>shanghai her
>take him along with them
>we track them down to an island
>start with the slashy slashy
>he watches as I take apart half of the crew
>asks me to teach him

>roll Bluff: "I don't speak common."
>-2 cha
>now I'm saddled with an apprentice
>convinced him that I draw my sword skills from my cooking knowledge
>karate kid'ing him with cooking
>no clue how I'm actually going to teach someone
>>
What do you do when you have no motivation to do any ttrpg stuff? It seems like such a waste to spend forever on a character's backstory, personality and build, just to have it be completely irrelevant because you can't rp for shit, and mechanics feel stale after 5 weeks, and/or being low level
>>
>>51388444

It's just something you gotta put on the backburner.

Find something else to do, have fun with vidya or a hobby, and when you come back you might have the spark again. It really isn't as simple as one weird trick, it's a burnout.
>>
>>51388428
So, you can kinda have fun with this by using the Retraining rules and having the npcs retrain his class lvs to Your class lvs.
>>
File: mercy shrug.gif (2MB, 343x249px) Image search: [Google]
mercy shrug.gif
2MB, 343x249px
>>51388315
No.
>>
>>51388497
I actually have a different sort of vague plan. I'm a wonky build, Slayer 6/Student of War 2 that only works because the GM allowed Knowledge Devotion from 3.5. I'd probably have him go into Unchained Rogue, maybe Pirate if it's not shit.
>>
>>51388408
How many more are there?
>>
Stupid question, I know, but just to be sure does a gestalt stalker's deadly strike and vigilante with hidden strike stack?
>>
>>51388552
Groom
Light Bearer
Page
Squire
Torchbearer (strictly worse than Light Bearer, but still separate)
Weapon Bearer

There's also Recruits, which gives you a set of lower-level cohorts to choose between for each adventure, and Taldan Knight, which gives you a specific type of cohort with the Taldan Squire feat.
>>
>>51388572
The damage all adds up, but you still have to fill their conditions separately to get both.
>>
>>51388524
Considering he's a blacksmith, training him to slayer wouldn't be bad. Crafting is Int based, and slayers like having int.

There's also some cool Thematically interesting elements to him becoming a slayer. Study Target being the namely one.
"I know the ins and outs to of my finest work, so I can see though that wasteful junk you call "protection"".
>>
>>51388616

>Not letting your martial wizards "summon" permanent minions

shameful
>>
Is it possible to specifically target yourself with hostile spells? Not AoE spells, actual target spells.
>>
>>51388667
Why wouldn't it be? It's just silly.
>>
>>51388667

This seems like the question a wizard would ask while spending another long day studying spells in their tower.
>>
>>51388667
Yes
You could shocking grasp yourself like you could cure light wounds yourself
>>
File: gaydrow.png (116KB, 1302x1134px) Image search: [Google]
gaydrow.png
116KB, 1302x1134px
>>51387887
>>
Cracked ioun stones can still be put in a Wayfinder for the resonant bonus, right?
>>
>>51388637
Hm. It's a possibility. And Slayer definitely fits with the encyclopedic knowledge idea behind my own character's combat style.
>>
>>51388685
>>51388686
>>51388698
Thanks. Wasn't too sure if you could with offensive spells. I asked others and they just said things like AoE spells by hitting your feet.
>>
>>51388329
Psychometrist is one of those archetypes that might be able to take a martial into Tier 3. And as implements come out it only gets stronger.
>>
>>51388042
CE. Take inspiration from Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now and add a dash of Joshua Graham for the religious tone. Gives you a nice cultured survivor feel.
>>
>>51388329
You'll start without your implements, which might be an issue.
>>
>>51385025
Don't spoil it, anon
>>
>>51388701

Hm. Could work.
>>
>>51387028
Which /pfg/ games are those?
>>
>>51388742
I just feel slayer makes more sense for someone that came from a blacksmith styled background more then U.Rogue. I don't know anything about the pirate class though. It that more 3.5 stuff or is it 3rd party stuff?
>>
>>51388854
That wouldn't bother me much, since I'd expect the GM to use that as a hook for cool story stuff rather than just to screw the players.

Also, for later, there's some interesting synergy between the Rough and Ready trait, the Twilight Talon Improvisation investigator talent, and the Legacy Weapon implement power.
>>
>>51389334
RotJR and Dragons.
>>
>>51389343
I meant the Rogue Archetype.
>>
>>51388710
They go Samsung Galaxy on your ass though.
>>
File: 3762434279_5a1ca1eac0.jpg (72KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
3762434279_5a1ca1eac0.jpg
72KB, 500x333px
>>51388315

Well, after sort-of adopting an orphan with the party druid, I took it upon myself to provide her with a scientific education. She made an excellent surgical assistant for creating new mutants.
>>
>>51388408
There's more than one?
>>
>>51389368
Oooh
Forgot that existed.
>>
Say, was there any reason why Vivisectionist and Synthesist are banned from PFS in the first place?

I look at them and dont feel they obviously break the game in some way
>>
>>51389638
See >>51388616
>>
>>51389661
Because Paizo panders to people who use the Stormwind Fallacy at every opportunity.
>>
>>51389683
What's that even?
>>
>>51389411
> adopted anot orphan with the druid
Cute
> provide her with scientific education
I-i guess that could prove useful for her future
> surgical assist to creating mutants
... well, didn't see that coming.
>>
>>51389661
Because PFS is literally fucking retarded.
>>
>>51389661
The problem is that PFS players have poor assumptions on game balance. They assume Alchemist and Summoner are meant to be useless in combat, and Vivisectionist and Synthesist make them slightly competent. The wizard goes "Hey, he's wrecking face! He's supposed to be squishy like me!" The fighter goes "Hey, he's supposed to be a total wuss in a fight, what's going on!?" No one notices that the alchemist isn't that much better, or that the Synthesist basically gave up half his turns to do that.
>>
File: foxes2.png (657KB, 1000x724px) Image search: [Google]
foxes2.png
657KB, 1000x724px
Only 4 days left to submit an app for Fluffy2!

Get your apps in now!

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo
>>
So, with the Exposed Vigilante, you only lose the dual identity and seamless guise, but you can still choose to be an avenger or stalker, right? And then you get all the vigilante talents, but you don't have to run into a phonebooth or anything?
>>
>>51389765
Yeah.

Technically you don't have to run into a phonebooth anyway, it's just that using Vig talents in Social risks blowing your cover.

But'cha got no cover to blow. So yeah.
>>
>>51389697
It's when you say "you know, fighter class kinda sucks", and then somebody else says "YOU'RE ONLY SAYING THAT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T ROLEPLAAAAAY"
>>
>>51389661
Because they highlight the Martial-Caster Disparity too much for Paizo's liking. Vivisectionist was, until the UnRogue, strictly better at being a Rogue than the actual class (and UnRogue still needs some help in some cases). Meanwhile, Synthesist works like the 3.5 Druid's Wildshape, so it frustrates melee characters who can now plainly see that the Summoner's a better combatant than they are (even though the Eidolon already was, it's just that now the Summoner doesn't have the benefit of Action Economy).
>>
How obnoxious would this build be for Sky Pirates:

>Vanara
>Spiritualist (looks like a monkey)
>VMC Summoner (eidolon looks like a monkey)
>Vigilante w/ Animal Companion (for monkey)
>Monkey Familiar

>all five of us wields guns
>the character is literally a swarm of five monkeys with guns
>build is called "Welcome to the Jungle"
>>
>>51389785
Ah, I see. Thanks. Vigilante is really versatile, I can see why y'all like it so much.
>>
>>51389763
looks bad desu senpai
>>
>>51389798
Buy a barrel.
>>
>>51389798
>one character is five monkeys with guns

Why would you do this.
>>
>>51389794
>>51389697
It's the idea that character optimization and roleplay potential are inversely correlated, when they're in fact totally unrelated.
>>
>>51389798
Make sure to get magic bullets that cast Mad Monkeys on whoever you shoot them with.
>>
I want the flavor and flexibility of PoW but not the power level spike and powergaming it leads to
>>
>>51389822
Already have one on the sheet.

>>51389823
Because it felt like it fit a sky pirates game.

>>51389834
Genius.
>>
>>51389697
The Stormwind Fallacy (named after a poster on the WotC forums who explained and defined it in the first place) is the mistaken belief of "optimization/effectiveness is diametrically-apposed to roleplaying". At it's most basic, it's the people who say that an Elf Barbarian that picks up dumb shit with his feats (Magical Aptitude, Shield Focus, Skill Focus (Bluff), and then FINALLY Power Attack) is a better-written and more nuanced character than a Dwarven Barbarian that goes with the old Spirit Lion Totem ACF + Shock Trooper feat combo, specifically BECAUSE he took bad options rather than any actual talent or personality. It's the assumption that by being effective or successful at the game, you are somehow unable to also be good with roleplaying; and that conversely, being good at roleplaying means your character HAS to suck.
>>
It is okay you wanna brag about your system mastery, but don't expect people to care if you want others to praise you for it
>>
>>51389841
Play PoW with better players
That's basically it
>>
>>51389798
Fuck off DHB with your retarded builds.
>>
>>51389884
Honestly, "Monkey Business" or "Funky Monkey" or whatever the fuck he wants to call it? It's a silly build for a silly game that isn't even all that great of a build. It's a bunch of monkeys shooting guns at people, good for a laugh but it's not going to break the game.
>>
>>51389874
Ok dropping PoW then
>>
>>51389922
>five enemies with guns isn't game breaking
Imagine if all of them have martial training. All 5 could be initiators.
>>
>>51389940
>It isn't breaking the game
>But what if we also added THIS?!
>THEN IT WOULD BE
>BAN THIS FILTH
>>
>>51389934
In theory
This is what spheres of might is for. Give cool talents to martials and let them do crazy things without it being a 1t1 power jump.
>>
>>51389940
1. Familiars can't get extra feats unless you're something like an Eldritch Guardian.
2. Animal Companions can't take ranks in non-class skills; Knowledge (Martial) isn't a skill, and so they'd need to wait until they have +3 BAB to get even a single maneuver.
3. Most of the ranged maneuvers, especially from low-levels such as Martial Training, aren't all that great.
4. Guns are mediocre options even with a supremely-lowered cost, because each time they fire is just a chance for them to break or explode and their Touch Attack Range is too short to make a difference (HP is an issue on things like monkeys).
>>
>>51389940
>>51389956
WHAT IF HE MULTICLASSES INTO WIZARD? THAT WOULD BE BROKEN! BAN HIM!
>>
Question for any avowed that made a {Self] Pact.

I was interested in making one of those characters for a campaign, but I was wondering what people used as their background to initiate such a strong sense of self
>>
>>51389977
>Every round at least SOMETHING explodes amid the cloud of monkeys.
>Often multiple things
>>
>>51389940
>what if there's a OD/ZS doing the thing

Then I guess we should ban pow, because it has the Potential to do broken things. While we're at it, ban magic as a whole!
>>
>>51389989
Narcissism.
>>
>>51389997
It's not like the monkeys can use mind control; oh no, mediocre damage! What is it capping out at if you've got a revolver and rapid reload by that level; like, you haven't even gotten a second attack as a 7th-level Spiritualist, so at best you're tossing at 5d8 damage to someone give or take.
>>
>>51389798
Honestly thinking about it. I might drop the guns portion and instead make every monkey have a different purpose:
>Animal Companion is a melee fighter Gorilla
>Eidolon is a Stealthy Howler Monkey
>Familiar it a Knowledge Gibbon Sage
>Phantom is a Vigilante with perception/sense motive and secondary melee fighter Orangutan
>Character is a ranged fighter humanoid monkey

I'm liking this.
>>
I'm thinking I'll apply to Sky Pirates as either a Summoner or Tinker Alchemist who was the ship's weapon/armor/gun smith.
She's a little unhinged and is driven to hunt down and tame a mythical Sky-Kraken.
On one hand Tinker alchemist could be fun because I could have a little Clockwork Squid buzzing around as my buddy.
On the other hand her desire to tame a Cloud Kraken could manifest in creating one of her own eventually growing and developing closer and closer to the real thing as time passes.

Of course this all assumes Sky Krakens are real...

I mean I guess it could work if they weren't and she was just a little crazy.
>>
>2017
>trusting your players
>not only allowing premade characters, rolling behind screen and cuffing players to the chairs
>>
>>51390030
>5000-2983
>allowing players into your carefully crafted setting
>>
>>51389798
Incredibly obnoxious, it would slow combat to a crawl in a text game. Fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>51390026
Nah, gunmonkeys are funnier, plus it helps curb the uneasy feeling of "is he just going to replace the whole party with his fucking monkeys".

>Phantom is a Vigilante with perception/sense motive and secondary melee fighter Orangutan
Phantoms can't get class levels.
>>
>>51390030
But your players may have loaded your dice in their favor! Only random number generators programmed yourself can do.
Just a screen? You should be in a seperate room at least.
>>
File: hb-monkey-gun.jpg (257KB, 700x307px) Image search: [Google]
hb-monkey-gun.jpg
257KB, 700x307px
>>51390046
Meant to type vigilante type, some reason defaulted to typing vigilante.

I am mainly thinking of changing from gun monkeys because in the preliminary build gun monkeys is turning absolutely terrible. It really can't do anything well, even its gimmick.

>>51390026
Proposed character art pic related.
>>
>>51390067
Absolutely terrible sure, but it's still probably safer than being an entire self-functioning party all by yourself.
>>
File: 1423063950023.gif (2MB, 228x128px) Image search: [Google]
1423063950023.gif
2MB, 228x128px
>>51390067
>Proposed character art pic related.
>>
>>51390087
The other option is to reduce down to 4 monkeys. Be a full summoner.

Because juggling Eidolon and Phantom makes them both a lot weaker.
>>
>>51389972
>spheres
>balanced
>>
>>51389989
My man >>51390013 has it right. Love is magical, so if you love yourself, you become magical, and magic is OP as hell, so guess what you are?
>>
>>51390242
1st: Never said "balanced"
2nd: Balance is over rated, I just care about doing cool things with a game. Not to mention if you cared about balance you wouldn't be playing Pathfinder / DnD, these games are anything But.
>>
>>51390246
I once played in a party with a cleric who's whole schtick was that she was so self-absorbed and narcasistic that without realizing it she had awoken a mote of divine energy that granted her powers for self worship.

Her holy symbol was a hand mirror and in order to cast spells she had to admire and compliment herself.
>>
>>51390276
But you were JUST complaining about Path of War?
>>
>>51390303
I wasn't complaining about pow, it was a response to someone saying they're dropping it.
I was talking about the possibility of SoM being what people look towards if they're afraid of pow.

My games are gonna use it All man, the more the better.
>>
>>51390351
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.

Shoot for the stars, my friend.
>>
>>51390358
No worries
It's one of the unspoken rarities of anonymous forums.
>>
My dream actually would be "mundane pow"
For Honor sparked love for savage crude duels again
>>
>>51390436
Like strike all the magical/supernatural disciplines kinda deal?
>>
Any online options for combat?
We are currently using discord and are looking for an easy solution
>>
>>51390521
r20's your best bet, but maptools is also an option. If you just need dice, IRC works too.
>>
>>51383722
>Bringing magical realm into this thread
Anon, don't do that again. I can't make good posts if my boner is distracting me like this.

>>51384903
It's a social activity, you don't charge people to hang out with you for the same reason you don't charge friends who come at your house for board game night. That's inappropriate as fuck.

If you're doing this at a convention or other public space though it's fine, I guess, as long as you handle it professionally.

>>51390026
Much cooler take on the concept. Still looks like a pain for everyone else to handle though.
>>
>>51390521
Discord also has dice bots
>>
There is always
FANTASY GROUNDS
>>
>>51390538
>>51390635
Thanks I'll give r20 a try.

Yeah we are using the dice Bot.
>>
http://pastebin.com/EqXV1PDN

Please rate my homebrew gun framework
>>
File: Grapple_pilot.png (157KB, 640x1139px) Image search: [Google]
Grapple_pilot.png
157KB, 640x1139px
>>51391027
Wait for the Starfinder Gun Rules/10

Seriously though, this is more than a little moot since Starfinder is going to come out with overhauled tech equipment rules later this year.

Good call on ammo management, but the energy cost still screws that over.
>>
File: 1416144209100.png (1017KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1416144209100.png
1017KB, 848x900px
>>51391136
>wait on Spheres of Might for fantasy
>wait on Starfinder for sci-fi
>>
File: 1475887659796.png (301KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475887659796.png
301KB, 640x360px
>>51391200
What if

What if
Spheres of Technology
>>
File: Haggling.jpg (158KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
Haggling.jpg
158KB, 500x428px
>>51391212
That sounds...

Like something they'd do, doesn't it?
>>
I have a question. One of my players recently harvested a huge spider and many smaller ones for basically anything they potentially could.

At the time i didn't think much of it, because i wasn't aware he had crafting.

So here's my question. He wants to make a pair of piercing daggers out of the mandible's of the huge spider.

I'd imagine that would count as chitin, for most intents and purposes, but i have no idea how to translate that to a weapon. The armor based properties are fairly cut and dry, but i dunno how it would work on a weapon.

Of course, there's the half weight and non-metal that it would get regardless, but i imagine there's more to it than that.

Any idea's?
>>
>>51391457
Chitin isn't as good as steel for weapons and armor - just use the "bone" special material and make it cost half as much to enchant it with poison related enchantments.
>>
Are there any Social Talents for Vigilantes that are of particular note?

I'm making a level 7 Exposed (So no disguise talents but I get a bonus social) vigilante and trying to pick the ones I get.

I'm leaning towards:

>Celebrity Benefits
>Social Grace(Bluff, Diplomacy)
>Renown
>Great Renown)

But I'm very much open for suggestions.
>>
>>51391521
>chitin isn't as good as steel for armor

I thought it was almost the same, if not better. Or was i reading something for 3.5?
>>
>>51391540

>He doesn't know about level 1 commieblocks
>>
File: ghostgrill.jpg (312KB, 700x851px) Image search: [Google]
ghostgrill.jpg
312KB, 700x851px
So earlier my character died.

>be in Hell's Vengeance game
>1pp only, no full casters
>elite array, no traits, because the GM wanted us to "be just like the NPCs," it's been suffering but I've managed

>be qt3.14 half-elf bard

>near the start of book 4, level 10, at a baroness's fancy gala

>bard went to a spa and salon beforehand
>bard left behind her weapons and armor, now dressed in a 15 pound royal outfit and a shit ton of jewelry and gaudy makeup, long hair up in a bun
>complains about being in such a stuffy dress and crinoline, hates the hair in a bun, but goes along with it anyway

>middle of the soiree, everything going well so far
>party's unchained rogue suddenly decides that now would be a GREAT time to kill me
>sneak attack full attack, all hit and kill me

>turns out he was really, REALLY mad about my character turning down his romantic advances
>GM allowed it anyway
>sit there fuming in rage
>rest of the session is about the rogue's daring escape (dunno why he had to do it in public) and the party trying to catch him (he got away)
>so basically we're now down 2 PCs

But the story doesn't end there.

>GM hits me up a few hours after the session
>he has an idea
>my character fulfills the exact prereqs for becoming a greater banshee
>apparently I can play a CR 15 greater banshee for the rest of the game?
>sounds broken as fuck but I'll do it

>but she'll always be stuck in a ghostly version of that 15 pound royal outfit and a shit ton of jewelry and gaudy makeup, long hair up in a bun, with none of the weapons and armor she loved

So what am I in for here, /pfg/?
>>
File: Come at me scrub Im ripped.gif (1MB, 391x504px) Image search: [Google]
Come at me scrub Im ripped.gif
1MB, 391x504px
>jokingly mention that with SoM a Warshifter could theoretically be an absurdly flexible combatant in exchange for almost all of it feats.
>keep thinking about it
>kind of want to build it now

Pic unrelated.
>>
anyone got the healers handbook?
>>
>>51391853

What?
>>
>>51392363

If your campaign is set one in area, vigilante hideout social talent can get you some cool shit at level 1
>>
File: 1443373522289.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1443373522289.gif
2MB, 500x281px
So let me get this straight.

I can have *two* Mithral Arms for a total of +8 to my Strength?
>>
File: 1468674811615.jpg (336KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468674811615.jpg
336KB, 1920x1080px
>>51392416
Same named source, bitch.

Implying your GM will allow that 3.0 or 3pp mithral arm shit.
>>
>>51392416
This?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/variant-rules-3rd-party/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/The-Loss-of-a-Body-Part/Prosthetics/magical-prosthetics/mithral-arm
Assuming your DM allows that 3pp source, nope.
Any character who has a mithral arm gains a +4 to strength-Not a mithral arm giving a character +4 to strength.
>>
>>51392215
Your game died the second your rogue attacked you. Anything after will just be hatefucking the corpse, to the satisfaction of no one. End the suffering, and leave.
>>
File: 1441244047859.png (226KB, 468x345px) Image search: [Google]
1441244047859.png
226KB, 468x345px
>>51392471
>>51392474

But it's UNTYPED.
>>
>>51392379

Ah, no. It won't be, no.

I'm doing renown less for 'It will be constantly applicable' and more 'It will be cool to come back to places and have them like me'
>>
>>51392578
I'm going with instant recognition for that reason; I'll have less renown power, but it'll be a matter of hours rather than days before people start to appreciate her.
>>
>>51392608

Yeah, might be an idea to go with.
>>
>>51392215
>but she'll always be stuck in a ghostly version of that 15 pound royal outfit and a shit ton of jewelry and gaudy makeup, long hair up in a bun, with none of the weapons and armor she loved
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/ghost-touch
why can't you take it with you?
>>
>>51392498
It's untyped from the same source.
>>
The unchained monk just does way to much damage guys. They made a good thing with the new format and abilities, but it just hits too hard.
>>
>>51392894
When will you fucks accept that "it does too much damage," is not and never will be a problem.
>>
>>51392907
>numbers don't matter
>>
So, the Armorist Spherecasting class can summon any weapon they are proficient with.
But it never states size being a factor, as far as I can tell.
So can I summon a cannon?
>>
>>51392915
They don't, because the DM should adjust appropriately.

Regardless of the hard number, the percentage should always remain about constant, given a 10% or so margin of error, except in the cases of trash mobs and larger boss fights.
>>
>>51392915
>past a certain number, numbers that relate to damage don't matter

he's right you know
until the monk can damage aoes, the damage he does really doesn't matter. And he'll never heal a single thing with those punches, never fix any bridges or mediate any disputes.
>>
>>51392943
>numbers don't matter because the DM can just change them, thus removing any meaning from your choices

>>51392956
That's fine. But it means that the bard might as well not even try with a sword because he is SO over-classed that he should just have put everything into CHA.
>>
>>51392967
Your choices matter in the context that you choose to do something. Not the exact numerical effect they cause.
>>
>>51392996
>the outcome of your possible choices doesn't have effects on the choices you make.
jesus christ
>>
>>51393006
No. the actual hard number doesn't. "you hit it hard" and "you hit it for 40% of its health" and "you hit it for 40 out of 100 HP" all mean the same fucking thing.

Its the fact that you decided to make the hit that counts and what that means, not the fucking damage number you mongoloid.

If all you need is number game satisfaction, go play disgaea or something.
>>
>>51393050
So when the monk hitting for 40% of the targets health also means the bard hits for 7%, then this is fine?
>>
>>51392919
>So, the Armorist Spherecasting class can summon any weapon they are proficient with.
>But it never states size being a factor, as far as I can tell.
>So can I summon a cannon?

"An armorist may spend a spell point as a move action to conjure a weapon or shield into her hands"

You better have big hands. Also, not certain if a siege engine counts as a weapon, oddly enough.
>>
>>51393065
Yes. Because the monk is doing his job, and hopefully the bard is properly supporting everyone, like a bard fucking does.

Not everyone hits equally. Bards are not meant for frontline combat unless its some BS gish build.

The important thing is that the monk decided to hit, and the bard decided to what he does. Whether that means taking a hit himself or being more productive by buffing or healing, thats his choice.
>>
>>51393083
But anon, haven't you heard? Healing is worthless because everything does so much more damage than characters are capable of healing, and buffing other people is also worthless because unless you're dealing 150 damage a turn, you're holding the party back!

Or at least, that's what /pfg/ seems to believe.
>>
>>51393067
I should have mentioned that I'm intending to do this as a Soaring blade.

'A soaring blade may summon their bound equipment anywhere within their telekinesis range, and equipment lifted by a soaring blade’s telekinesis counts as being in his hands, and does not disappear.'

So my tiny hands are safe, at least.

And the Siege Engineer feat chain states that siege engines are weapons

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/siege-engineer-combat

This is probably going to be a very silly, inefficient build, even if it works, but oh well.
>>
>>51393065
>A focused damage class does more than one that isn't as combat focused
Whoooooa
>>
>>51393115
not surprising, really. What with all the trap options in the game. They've gotten to the point that they only see things in terms of sheer optimization. Poor bastards.
>>
>>51393083
Inputs:
>person A is only good at Task 1, and can perform Task 1 with 2 efficiency.
>person B is equally good at task 1 and 2, and can perform both at 1 efficiency.

Outputs:
>the relative efficiency of A does effect the outcome of B's decisions.
>If you aren't an 200DPR pouncing monk murder machine then you might as well not even try to damage the enemies. Fuck your gish bard.

I really can't explain this any simpler. IF you still don't get it than you are stupid or an emotionally invested fan of PoW.
>>
>>51393146
Oh, i get it.

But why should a bard ever hit as hard as a monk?
>>
What is the Scotland of Golarion?
>>
>>51393166
It shouldn't. I mean if you are only doing 2/3rds as much or even 1/2 as much then you are still doing something.

The problem happens when you are doind 1/10th as much and might as well not even bother. That is the point where the choice was removed from you.
>>
>>51393167
Where's the place in Golarion full of people who thinks Golarion should have an analogue for every real world location?
>>
>>51393197
well then, i have two solutions for you. Stop playing with metagaming powergamer faggots, or stop being one yourself.

Or stop playing PF. There's also that, because the game is full of holes from them more or less failing to fix the issue's in 3.5 and causing a multitude more of their own.

Last i checked, magic users still reign supreme anyways, so its moot either way.
>>
>>51393220

That sounds like Taldor!

>>51393167

SARKORIS
A
R
K
O
R
I
S
>>
>>51393197
Yes that is how Pathfinder math works
And no, there is no real solution to it
>>
Power Attack was a mistake
>>
>>51393231
So your response to
>the numbers mean that hyper-specialization of character actions is made worse by this new class
is:
>People are faggots, don't play that class, don't play with people who play that class, play a different game

You aren't wrong, but you aren't being useful ether. Not that any discussion on 4chan is ever useful...

I just think that the monk does too much damage and should be nerfed a bit. Something as simple as removing the "swift action + 1 ki for one extra attack" might be all that is needed.
>>
>>51393259

Nu uh, I love power attack 'specially with Furious Focus.
>>
>>51393293
Too bad it tainted the Pathfinder math
>>
>>51393067
>>51393119
Might I suggest a beam cannon then? You might need proficiency (Heavy category; it's like firearms though in that you get the whole list) for it, but I'm not sure if Armorist never needs to reload?

But, if nothing else, that gives you a big fat cannon with a 20' radius AoE mode (THE worst 20' radius AoE in the game, actually; DC14 reflex half that can't be heightened in any way, on a weapon you generally can't afford until like level 9-10 at least) and semi-auto/full-auto modes (now we're talking) for single target and line work.

Do remember full-auto loses all damage from feats to its output numbers when firing in that mode however.

Still. Lightning cannons, sonic cannons, laser cannons, force cannons and ice cannons, surely there be something you can do with this (also rockets).
>>
>>51393259
Power attack on every attack was a mistake.
If instead it was on your first attack of the round and multiplied by vital strike, the two options would have been far better balanced at each end.

There'd be a lot less damage especially from 2h melee full attacks (and also longbows), and significantly higher damage from single-shot builds like heavy crossbows and the such.

Higher floor, lower ceiling, what's not to love?
>>
>>51393335
Yeah, go do the math, then realize that if Vital Strike builds were outdamaging 2h builds that people would be bitching about Vital Strike.
>>
>>51393268
Need i say again that magic users still reign supreme, even in terms of damage?

Let the monk keep its one thing. Its all they have.
>>
>>51393335
>>51393354
They should be replaced with some "Heavy Strike" action that lets you make a single high damage attack with accuracy penalty

Even PoW was not ready to make variety of tactical choices. "Do I make a safe light hit or risk it for a bigger attack"
>>
>>51393354
They wouldn't. Note I just said power attack. The multiattacker still gets power attack once, and 4-6 times his strength, enchantment bonus, and so on.

If JUST power attack:
A 30STR (+10) with Power Attack (-4 +8/12) +5 Acidic(1d6) Greatsword with 4+haste attacks would end up with
>3d6+15+12+5+1d6 = 46 + 34x4 = 182

This same guy using Greater Vital Strike would get
>12d6+15+48+5+1d6 = 113

Like I said. Higher floor (VS), lower ceiling (full attack).
It's not a perfect change, but it would've been a step in the right direction.
>>
>>51393389
Nah, let's be honest here, until you're in heavy AoE territory, martials are much better at damage.

Magic users can certainly rule combat, but even the best blaster won't overkill to the same level as the Paladin archer or Initiator that goes all out.

Still overkill-capable, but not AS MUCH.
>>
File: puzzle&dragon.jpg (721KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
puzzle&dragon.jpg
721KB, 1000x1000px
How high of a level would I have to be to have enough cohorts/thralls/whathaveyou to play as 5 gun toting erinyes sisters? Can probably assume gestalt

What if I just wanted one other at almost the same level as me?
>>
>>51393419
wtf, vital strike does nothing, why would you ever make a build like that? needs buff
>>
>>51393389
But that's wrong.
>>
>>51393319
Thanks for the suggestion, But I'm kinda attached to the idea of a big old black powder cannon. It has a certain style that draws me.

Perhaps If I'm ever in a more high tech campaign, though.
>>
>>51393438
overkill is overkill. At the end of the day, the thing is dead.

Also, i'm fairly sure that mages have endless amounts of CC, hundreds of buffs and debuffs, several save-or-sucks or save-or-dies, conjurable minions, on top of just the blasting.

Plus, there's an endless number of ways to stop a punch monkey. sure, his damage is stupid high, but only if they can hit. When something as simple as a large gap or wall of force can stop them, saying their damage is too high is solely an issue of how well your dm optimizes things.

>>51393468
Only in the damage part, and only at really early game.
>>
>>51393476
Aw, not even a Hotchkiss 6 pounder? (reign of winter)
>>
File: 1436138377887.png (66KB, 296x285px) Image search: [Google]
1436138377887.png
66KB, 296x285px
What are some character archetypes you personally want to see in the Wrath of the Righteous campaign?
>>
File: alldone.jpg (260KB, 792x547px) Image search: [Google]
alldone.jpg
260KB, 792x547px
>>51393486
Interestingly, people often forget forcewalls are not invulnerable.
They're tough; at 30 hardness and 20HP/CL, but that CAN be shattered in one or two rounds by equal level martials by that point.

It still slows you down a lot, it's by no means a useless spell, but it IS very much worth knowing it can be done.

Likewise, there's a lot of those methods like a large gap that can also be handled by initiator martials and increasingly the Spheres of Might crowd too.

In theory the full caster should not fear any martials, but there's usually a way; particularly if the first spell's saved against. That's not to say it's a very dangerous matchup, just that it can in fact be dangerous for both sides; Just as one dominate could turn the barbarian against his whole party, one or two made saves could make it too late for a third try.

Besides, anon claimed casters did the most damage, and *that* is what I was correcting.
>>
>>51393535

Mine
>>
>>51393490

Maybe, but I kinda wanna keep it to a weapon my character has actually seen.
Although I suppose you could justify it by having Master Siege Engineer tree and the skills required for said feats.

We shall see, it depends how the GM feels about it/reload times.
>>
>>51393419
Honestly, if you want an example of Vital Strike done... Better, at least, go hunt down a copy of the book with the Merchrial Duelist Vigilante Archetyoe. Either from jolly's playtest, or the Asian Archetyoes: Martial book.

The only thing about that, though, is it still relied on inflating damage dice sizes to be "good", and didn't multiply he static bonuses as much. Power attack is only the 2-handed 1.5x, your physical mod is capped at 3x, and your mental mod is atted at a cap of... 2.5x I think? Nothing else besides damage dice are multiplied. Useless information: 800+ damage single hits at level 20
>>
>>51393546
Okay, fair points. I admit the damage is probably wrong.

That said, for every thing the monk has to go through to get to the enemy, the larger the gap becomes. The mage can fireball across gaps, and use abilities that target an area, for example a spell that causes earth spikes to shoot out of the ground. I dunno if thats a thing, but i want it to be.

All i'm saying is that there are a lot less ways to limit mages without turning everything into a prismatic wall or antimagic field.
>>
>>51393546
How much damage are you doing on each hit that you can get through 30 hardness and at minimum 180 HP in two rounds? That's 90 damage per round, how are you doing 120 damage per round, ASSUMING it's all in one hit.
>inb4 Zenith Strike
Without PoW.
>>
>>51393595
Get Mythic involved.
>>
>>51392967
>it means that the bard might as well not even try with a sword
REASONS WHY A BARD MIGHT WANT TO HIT SOMETHING WITH HIS SWORD WHILE THE MONK DOES INFINITY DAMAGE

>the monk is downed
>the monk has attacked 1 person and no-one else is in range
>the monk can't position themselves to attack the people the bard is close to because of AoOs
>there's a caster next to the bard concentrating on a spell and the monk for the reasons above can't get to him
>the bard has an ability to do something like entangle with his attack or some sort of debuff, or self-buff, I dunno

THINGS A BARD CAN DO WITH A MONK DOING INFINITY DAMAGE
>The bard can provide buffs so the monk can hit more people
>The bard can provide debuffs to the enemy so they can't get away from instagib monk
>The bard can use the monk as a threat for a bonus to intimidate small armies and kings
>The bard can go do something else other than hitting people in melee

REASONS WHY A BARD SHOULD COMPLAIN THE MONK IS DOING INFINITY DAMAGE
>the bard is a tactical idiot and has no buff or debuff ability and cannot do anything but hit people with a sword with 1/10 of his party members
>the bard has literal brain damage and can do buffs/debuffs/social stuff but instead decides to hit people with a sword when he has companions that can do that so much better than he can
>>
>>51393677
Okay.
>The wall's hardness increases to 40, and its hit points increase to 30 per caster level. A non-mythic disintegrate spell or rod of cancellation negates a 10-foot-square section of a mythic wall of force for 1 round, after which the wall reforms at full strength. One side of the wall (chosen by you) repels creatures within 5 feet as a repulsion spell (using the DC wall of force would have if it allowed a saving throw).
Now you have to pass a will save, after which you have to deal at least 350 damage in two hits.
>>
>>51393595
Saddle surged spirited charging paladin with pounce?
>>
File: Heptarchy.png (251KB, 765x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Heptarchy.png
251KB, 765x1044px
>tfw you will never play a campaign centered around uniting a kingdom fractured into numerous petty realms
>>
>>51392254
>skull grunt teaches pokemon taunt.gif
>>
>>51393692
>Complaining about monks
Bizzaro pathfinder thread?
>>
>>51393595
Large (enlarged or powerful build) with large weapon + lead blades (or equivalent): 4d6 base
30 strength two-handed, +3 weapon, +2Collision enchant (always liked that one) for another +5, power attack (-3 / +9 2h at level 10), weapon training +2 (4 with the gloves).
That's 4d6+36 per attack; at level 10 you should be able to swing it three times at least.

That puts us at 60 per round after hardness, but there's plenty of room: While PoW would allow us to ignore hardness outright usually for a round at a time, there's nevertheless barbarian rage powers, mythic, some psionics and other options to lower or ignore it as well.
>>
File: smugelves.png (345KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
smugelves.png
345KB, 1024x768px
>>51393767
... Or >>51393747
yeah.
>>
Next thread is ready to go if you want to jump in. If that's alright with you. You dont have to.

>>51393757
>>51393757
>>51393757
>>51393757
>>
>>51393716
Well assuming high enough levels, with Greater Vital Strike and Mythic Vital Strike, you can get like 150+ damage/hit?

Or if you're tier 3, you just get Destroyer and laugh as you ignore the 40 hardness and wail on the wall with a full attack.

Granted, the mage probably has better things to do at that level and Mythic tier.
>>
>>51393775

CRAS ARE NOT ELVES
>>
>>51393842
They are so elves.
Elves with very, very nice hips, thank you France
>>
>>51393767
>+5 weapon at level 9
That's more than your WBL. I didn't ask for how much bullshit you can spew in a post, I asked for a level 9 build that can get through a 180 HP, 30 Hardness object in two rounds.
>>
>>51393864
+5 weapon: 50 000
WBL Lv 10 because it says level 10 twice in the damn post: 62 000

And chances are the thing was crafted for 25k which is just over half a level 9's funding anyways, because parties always end up doing that, so chances are it's valid at 9th too anyways.
>>
>>51393764
nah, just one guy.
>>
File: holly.jpg (16KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
holly.jpg
16KB, 230x300px
>>51393864
>level 10
>it's invalid at level 9 so you're lying
>level 10

Your IQ has a 6 in it, but it ain't 6000.
>>
>>51393898
>>51393928
>building a level 10 build against level 9 details
It's level 9 because that's the level at which a wizard can first get Wall of Force. If it's more than that then you have to beat more HP. At level 10 you have to beat 200 HP in 2 rounds.
>parties always craft!
And /pfg/ always bitches about it.
>>
>>51394023
And you demanded no-PoW, and ignored the lance-charger anon.
>>
>>51394058
Because a wizard needs no external materials to cast Wall of Force. If you want to include 3pp then you need to deal with other problems. As for the paladin, how are you charging the same target two rounds in a row?
>>
>>51394111
you only need 10 feet to charge, and you can charge as a standard action if you have already moved
>>
>>51394111
Why would the wizard want to wall of force against a filthy martial when they can spend a lower level slot dimension dooring somewhere said filty martial has no hope of reaching?
>>
>>51394111
>>51394058
wait, shit, they errata'd saddle surge to be capped to level. One of my players got a griffin for a ridiculous tripled charge bonus.
>>
>>51394146
you may think you are being clever being cynical and sarcastic like that, but that only proves the point further that mages are easily higher power than martials.

Which was the original point. Congratulations.
>>
>>51394177
>Looking for pvp balance in a cooperative game
I want pvpfags to go back to their MMORPGs
>>
>>51393855

But anon, it's true-they're actually humans.

Just like the pandas.
>>
>>51394177
No, actually.
The original point, was some idiot anon's claim that casters DO MORE DAMAGE than martials.

>Need i say again that magic users still reign supreme, even in terms of damage?

The forcewall comment was from the looks of it a 'by-the-by' tangent that was full-attack pounced as a result of the anon seeking any sort of escape from the very dumb comment he'd made, after pretending that "since they can overkill targets too they're more powerful even though the martial overkills them more".
>>
>>51394233
It *is* true that a lot of players and GMs just assume the force wall's invulnerable. As I recall they were in 2e though, short of course of the usual disintegrate or nullifier clauses and the like.
>>
>>51394233
And that same anon admitted that the damage thing in particular was hyperbolic.

The anons point wasn't that they were better at sheer damage, but that mages have any amount of ways including damage to deal with a given situation, comparatively to a monk just slapping things.

Either way, his point was proven.
>>
File: blah blah blah.jpg (27KB, 320x206px) Image search: [Google]
blah blah blah.jpg
27KB, 320x206px
>>51394233
>>
>>51394275
No. It wasn't.
"even in terms of damage" flat out suggests that they do in fact more damage.

And they don't.
>>
>>51394314
If you wanna cherry pick that, thats fine. I'm not the one that looks stupid for it.
>>
>>51394233
on a technicality, casters can do more damage then martials OVER ALL in certain scenario's.

If you got 1-4 targets to drop, yeah a martial can melt right through em with an optimal build. But if you got a cluster fuck of targets nothing says moar damage like an AoE bomb from a mage
>>
>>51393558
>go hunt down a copy of the book with the Merchrial Duelist Vigilante Archetyoe
I've been trying, but no one seems to want to bother with the asian archetypes book to upload it.
>>
>>51394343
>cherry pick
>it's the main fucking point of the statement
>>
>>51395070
No it wasn't. It was that mages still rule the fucking game.
Thread posts: 382
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.