[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neat things your DM does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1456714964857.gif (45KB, 560x582px) Image search: [Google]
1456714964857.gif
45KB, 560x582px
What are some neat things your dm does?
Mine will allow us to do Mission reports, character backgrounds, that sort of thing. Usually with some sort of xp bonus related to how much effort was put into it. I think it really helps keep the players invested in the feel and fluff of the game, instead of just the crunch.
>>
>>51383438
My first DM did the same thing, including the XP bonus. Only the problem was there was only one guy who ever bothered to actually write anything and he was a complete sperglord. He'd reserve the start of every session for the sperglord to read aloud his report of the previous session, and literally nobody enjoyed it except the DM and the sperglord.
>>
>>51383477
that sucks. We don't read our out or anything like that. just post em online for him to look at, and anyone else who wants to. One guy who's character is illiterate actually drew a short little comic with pictograms. Definitely wouldn't want to waste time trying to read my shit calligraphy over again
>>
>>51383438
Whenever somebody makes a skill check related to information he PM's the player that succeeds and makes them tell the rest of the party the info in their own words.
Really helps with immersion.
>>
>>51383614
i like that, it lets the player add their character's flair or mannerisms to it
>>
two words:

Average-based group-initiative.

So everyone rolls initiative like normal, then the different fighting factions average their rolls together and we see which group got the better average initiative roll. It's very neat and really convenient.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.