[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about BESM What wacky animu adventures has /tg/ gotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Anime_eye.svg.png (73KB, 1152x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Anime_eye.svg.png
73KB, 1152x1024px
Tell me about BESM
What wacky animu adventures has /tg/ gotten up to?

Also are there any trap options I should be aware of like DND 3.5?
>>
>>51382394
>Also are there any trap options I should be aware of
The whole game is a trap option. You pick it thinking it's going to be good but you're wrong. It's just a bunch of shitty generic rules to slap on top of your weeb freeform that end up making it even worse. You would think that nothing could get worse than weeb freeform but BESM found a way.
>>
>>51382394
It's actually pretty fun and you can do pretty much anything in the game. My friends and I mostly did really relaxed, silly types of games when we played with it, so I couldn't tell you much about "trap" options- we didn't really dig in that far.
>>
File: 1p.png (123KB, 592x454px) Image search: [Google]
1p.png
123KB, 592x454px
>>51382394
CUTE AND FUZZY SEIZURE MONSTERS!
>>
>>51382394
I spent a while playing BESM-- probably more than I've used any system aside from FATE, now that I think about it-- and yeah, it's not really the kind of game where you have to worry about "trap options." In my experience, Soul usually worked out to being the most important of the three main stats, and we had a lot of balance issues along the lines of "Oh, it seems your character can jog at 65mph," but nobody cared about making powerful or optimized characters, so we just fixed problems as they came up. The nice part about BESM was that we could easily stat up anything we wanted, so there were effectively no limits on characters or settings. (To this day, the endless stream of "How do I play X in Y?" or "What's the best system for Z?" questions on /tg/ seems slightly odd to me.) I wish I had more specific advice for you, but it's been a long time since I last played BESM, and I don't have a copy of the rulebook with me.
>>
Never read or played BESM, but I have read through OVA The Anime Roleplaying Game, and it seems pretty neat.
>>
>>51390924
BESM is tri-stat, if I recall correctly. What's OVA like?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.