[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space people in a D&D world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

trying to make a game that is a D&D world but the player characters are sci-fi

Im needing some more ideas and inspiration as the story and game is kinda free form in the paths it can take (players break game stories without trying to so i learned to make it open ended and free form)

-players get characters and tec from sci fi and are using them in a D&D setting
-kinda like some episodes of star trek where they go to a primitive planet
- they start with (magic = LOL and science is best)
-then they get to (WTF magic is real?)
-then (WTF magic is using super science that we space people are just barely starting to understand?)
-turns out planet they are on is just a good place to do weird physics stuff like make a pocket dimension or to a different reality
-"primitive" people that live on world just see it as a part of normal life and call it magic
-some have even gotten good at using it

got some side stories/mysteries for the players to find work out and solve and as none of my players are on 4chan i will tell you so you have an idea of what im trying
will post list next
>>
Sounds like Warcraft but with a higher tech level for everyone but the Draenei.
>>
>>51381697
>the fist and that is magic is real and a part of super physics that space people are only starting to understand and the natives treat it like its normal and even know more about it then them
>there is an old alien ship drifting in the solar system with this planet-- aliens had time distortion technology. ship is from the future and it's the tec that is broken that made this area of space act strange
>guy that hired PC's to explore this area kinda already knows about how special it is and sent them as a kind of canary in the coal mine to see if it will kill them- after they are not dead- he comes with a large battle ship to calm the whole solar system and the power that comes from knowing how to do real and practical magic
>guy that hired PC's is now bad guy and has gone mad with power and now has plan to take over not only this universe but several parallel ones as well
>turns out that humans may have gotten to this world long ago (like b4 space travel long) --- looks like time travel may have been used (question of if it may be the PC's that time travel and become the first humans on this world)
>>
>>51382011
>strange ancient alien race that humans have found their old ships but never them and have no idea of who they are or where they came from or where they are still living
>its a huge mystery of the universe
>PC's find out that they are from the future

>space ghost stories and space bermuda triangle stuff is all real and it turns out that its all from ships encountering some of the effects of D&D magic
>>
File: Still1215465237.jpg (63KB, 830x474px) Image search: [Google]
Still1215465237.jpg
63KB, 830x474px
>>51381697
kinda need some ideas for sci fi tec
like better weapons than just guns
>>
Sounds like a fun idea, OP
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.