[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun /tg/ vidya that doesn't require a lot of time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1476194679168.jpg (63KB, 640x517px) Image search: [Google]
1476194679168.jpg
63KB, 640x517px
For some reason I have always loved video games that involve a lot of hours. Morrowind and the rest of the bethesda games come to mind. I have a kid now and I may only get a little time here or there to play a game, but I know /tg/ has the best taste.

Here are some games I enjoy:

>Dungeon crawl stone soup
>elements the game (TCG in vidya form)
>Poxnora
>Dreamworlds (pretty obscure, but it was fun before it died)

Any recommendations for games that require a small time investment? Bonus points if I can play via mobile browser.
>>
Trails In The Sky is probably the best jrpg ever made and puts almost every competitor to shame with its characters and world building and doesn't really require much or any grinding. It's pretty long though.

I consider Doom relevant too since it basically plays like an action dungeon-crawl, and was supposedly inspired by a d&d session.
>>
>>51381129
Another Roguelike you might enjoy is Demon

lotsa obscure mythological creatures to inspire /tg/ monsters
>>
>>51381129
Papers, Please and Recettear are my go-to suggestions, but I'll admit I'm far from the most qualified person when it comes to video game suggestions.

How old is the kid?

>>51381202
I got Trails in the Sky on Steam but it won't load up on my computer for some reason.
>>
>>51381129
Reigns is easy, dosen't eat up a lot of time and pretty fun. You can even play it on your phone.
>>
>>51381370

Little guy is 1 year and a half. So he keeps me very busy

>>51381463

Seems like an interesting game, how does it work?
>>
>>51381556
Aw. That's a cute age. Is he walking yet?
>>
>>51381556
Basically, you're the king of some unspecified kingdom.
It's pretty easy, the game gives you a randomized deck of cards from which you take cards that have various events. You have to choose how to react to each event, with each reaction having different consequences, while trying to keep a steady balance between your ties to the church, your population's happiness, your military strenght and your kingdom's riches.
Check it out, 3$ on Steam
>>
>>51381129
Eldritch
Magicka
Eversion
Sunless Sea
>>
File: harmonyzone.png (15KB, 582x616px) Image search: [Google]
harmonyzone.png
15KB, 582x616px
>>51381129
>but I know /tg/ has the best taste.
>Any recommendations for games that require a small time investment?
Anything by thecatamites
>>
>>51381129
>>>>>>/v/
>>
>>51381129
What is that picture?
>>
>>51387615
It's a Russian painting titled, "The Magic Flute"
It's about a masked squid turning men into sheep.
>>
>>51381253
Adding on to the Roguelikes: Crypt of the Necrodancer. It's a Musical Roguelike that lets you use your own music to play.

It also has a mod that allows you to play as Jonathan Joestar, among other characters.
>>
>>51387894
>lets you use your own music to play.
The default music is fantastic.
>mod that allows you to play as Jonathan Joestar,
That's a turnoff though?

>Crypt of the Necrodancer
Seconding this though. Best Roguelike I've played in ages.
Got a really nice pace to it. Also great for speedrunning.
>>
>>51381129
>Elements the game
Eyyyyy that game's great. What elements do you play?
>>
File: 1480255266827.jpg (29KB, 800x482px) Image search: [Google]
1480255266827.jpg
29KB, 800x482px
"Angband" is a damn good roguelike dungeon crawler that gives you the goal of killing Morgoth from the Tolkien legendarium, 100 floors of grinding and death, you also have to fight Sauron to get to his master.

I play it when I'm listening to Tolkien audiobooks or one of my textbooks, it really helps to pass the time.

(there is also a multiplayer version)

pic unrelated
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.