[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Three Pillars: a Paranormal Card Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: ThreePillars.jpg (208KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ThreePillars.jpg
208KB, 500x500px
Anyone play The Three Pillars? It's a paranormal-themed card game developed by paranormal investigator Brian Cano.

In The Three Pillars, you and your opponent play as competing paranormal investigators. You start a game with a hand of five cards plus three character cards: Psychic, Scientist and Skeptic, all with their own unique abilities.

At the center of the table are three different cards representing sites of paranormal activity which you'll investigate. You send in one character for each site and must close that case before you can move on. Each character may only be used once, so you must choose wisely.

The object of the game is to close all three cases by racking up enough evidence for each site. To rack up evidence, you must play special cards that give you points in values from 1 - 5. For each case you close successfully, you will earn a reward card which gives you a special benefit on your next site.
>>
The game works by drawing one card from the top of the deck at the beginning of each turn. You may only play one card per turn. Neither you nor your opponent may carry more than 5 cards per hand, so at the end of each turn, you might have to strategically discard one from your hand.

What's even trickier? In order to start investigating paranormal activity, you first must get on the case with a special "on the case" card. Only after playing that coveted "on the case" card may you then start racking up evidence. You will find it may take several rounds and lots of discards before you can get on the case.

To prevent your opponent from closing the case, you may play misfortune cards on him. These range anywhere from demonic possession to mechanical failure. These misfortune cards can keep him in stasis until he can draw a certain card which puts him back in action. You can even get your foe off the case with a special card, which will require him to play an "on the case" card to pick up where he left off. Of course, your opponent can dish out the same misfortune cards to you, so be prepared to tactfully discard anything which will be of no value. I found myself throwing out evidence cards since I was in stasis for a long ass time.

Seems convoluted? Once you start playing, the game becomes much more fast-paced. Inevitably, you will exhaust the pile, so after drawing the last card, both you and your opponent will discard your hands, reshuffle and start a new pile from which you will draw a fresh hand.

This gent here goes into detail on how the game is played:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Al8ueSPYkM
>>
>>51376092
Those are some whack-ass cards. Christ, look at the lighting on those images.
>>
>real life pictures instead of illustrations

forwhatpurpose.jpg
>>
>>51376092
>remaking the same thread because the first one got no relies
Nice advertisment
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.