[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you guys go about creating a tabletop RPG based on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: xanth.jpg (38KB, 285x475px) Image search: [Google]
xanth.jpg
38KB, 285x475px
How would you guys go about creating a tabletop RPG based on the Xanth setting?

Or has there been one released already complete with rollable tables for each characters talent?

I love the series and I think the lore of the game would make for some pretty interesting campaigns.
>>
something relatively narrative, especially considering magic has no exact result and the setting isn't really combat focus but plot driven and based on riddles and quests.
something like dogs in the vineyard maybe
i 'm not really big on narrative systems but yo get the deal. I think it cold be a good setting for a game imho but getting players into it, good lck with that
>>
>>51375600

I wouldn't want to play the system true to the books because I feel like combat in a table top RPG is almost an essential whereas combat in a novel is less so.

But using the setting's lore and talent mechanic would be enough to give the game that feeling of being in Xanth you know?

My problem is that I don't know how to go about making a system. Should I just modify an existing one? How would we determine talents and stats? More asking about mechanical questions I guess.
>>
File: yep2.jpg (294KB, 778x590px) Image search: [Google]
yep2.jpg
294KB, 778x590px
>>51375138
>How would you guys go about creating a tabletop RPG based on the Xanth setting?

With lots of nudity, voyeurism and implied pedophilia.
>>
>>51375718
Just like the actual books.
>>
>>51375718

So.... FATAL?
>>
>>51375756
>you guys probably didn't realize that was a joke! Lucky for you I'm around to explain it.
>>
>>51375670
well the talents will have to be custom made of course, you will also have to make a power level from something like 1 to 5 for them
i would reccomend anything point by cause random will just mess up the level of power among the group, so you should give people the chance to let's say being a fighter with mediocre talent or a way to strong talent on a weakling
you must also make stat blocks/ modifiers for the other races considering human are the default.
Other than that any crunchy combat based system will do, i don't wanna point fingers at systems cause that more of a preference than anything
What are you thinking of?
If you tell maybe we can help you
>>
>>51375841

I'm not really well versed when it comes to table top as I've only ever played D&D before.

My feeling is that with the current 5e system if we take out the spell casters, we're left with only a few non magic classes.

I kind of did want a table to roll on, but I was thinking balance would be an issue like it was in the books and some players might feel underwhelmed.

Maybe get rid of the spot-on-the wall talents and tone down some magician caliber talents, we might have a decent list.
>>
>>51375897
i mean if you only know the d20 go for it.
other than that if 5 is the strongest and 1 the weakest you could make everyone have talents between 2-3
i dont think classes could work that well in XANTH
>>
>>51375987

I know, that's one of the issues I'm having lol

How do we assign the stats, and what do they mean? How can we make viable skills?
>>
>>51375897
Fuck you.

Stupid talents are amazing when they get used ala Jojo's.
>>
>>51376120

If only there were more players like you anon
>>
>>51375718
Huh. I only read some of them, where did pedophilia pop up?
>>
>>51376287
https://litreactor.com/columns/themes-of-pedophilia-in-the-works-of-piers-anthony
>>
>>51376287
I read a lot of these books as a kid, and one scene ALWAYS stuck out for me, and it was one where two kids touch each other from different prison cells. Even as a ten year old, I still went "What the fuck is the point of this?"

I can't recall any other instances, but maybe I just didn't read the right ones, there were like forty of those books at least.
>>
Read the first 3 incarnations books, and a couple xanth books - couldn't really get into them. Something vaguely creepy about his books - plus, they were kinda not all that great (loved On A Pale Horse, but that series fell flat real quick - and there was something 'off' about xanth, I felt...)
I dunno: this >>51376529 is new to me, but not surprising.
And it just occurred to me that he creeped me out 30 years ago........fug................
>>
Aww man, that's creepy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.