[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tg/ think of 8-bit theater?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: black mage.png (136KB, 552x248px) Image search: [Google]
black mage.png
136KB, 552x248px
What does /tg/ think of 8-bit theater?
>>
It was clever in the 90s but it's humor has become so ingrained in /tg culture that it's pretty stale at this point
>>
>>51374632
>the 90's
It started in 2001 IIRC
>>
>>51374632
It was always dumb, and you can point out some of the worst posters on /tg/ by whether or not they ever thought any of it was ever clever.
>>
I loved it when I was in high school (2002-2006). Went back and read more of it in like 2008. Haven't ever made the effort of finishing it, even thinking about it makes me nostalgia like you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>51374647
Hello cancer.
>>
>>51374654
>"wah, someone called me out for being a little bitch"
>"I should act more like a little bitch, that'll show them"

It was dumb then and is dumb now.
You were dumb then and are dumb now.
>>
>>51373520
It's great and clever (I don't care if it has been done a lot since)
I read it 3 times and it's still as good
>>
>>51373520
It was good for a sensible chuckle and remains fun for nostalgia's sake. It had one of the best brick jokes in webcomicdom.

Not much else to say though.
>>
It and order of the stick were great in the early 2000's. They both went on too long though. It was awesome when i first read it because it was also when i started dnd so the jokes were hilarious.
>>
I really liked it when i discovered years ago, probably a lot of jokes would fall flat now, but i really don't care that much.

Probably i'll read it again just for old time's sake
>>
It was great back then, it's still great now.
>>
It never wore itself out like oots
>>
It was great fun and amazingly good for a long time. I do feel that the very end was meh as the only joke became one anti-climax after another with no joke other than "Hah wasn't that pointless?".

I also credit it for making move past AD&D. After seeing those stupid Darth Maul weapons I refused to play 3rd ed for years. I read a Twinkin out article covering how stupid busted Glibness was and gave it a shot in a game with some acquaintances I felt like acrewing with. When I actually read the books I found it was actually pretty fun and an improvement over the AD&D I was already dissatisfied with
>>
File: human laser.png (100KB, 735x488px) Image search: [Google]
human laser.png
100KB, 735x488px
I actually just started rereading it, I've done it a couple times before. The beginning seems dated, but it picks up faster than I remember doing so. It was very clever, in a way that only seems stale now because it was innovative when Clevinger wrote it and a lot of other people aped his style afterwards. Still has some of the best long build-up gags of all webcomics, and it's given us a wealth of amazing reaction images. Ending was meh, but only compared to how amazing the middle portion of the comic was. Red Mage is a national fucking treasure.
>>
>>51379027
>tfw you use a name for ONE thread and forget to remove it
>>
>>51373520

It was kind of fun back in the day, but I don't think it holds up at all.

Also, the ending was stale as fuck. The guy ran straight into the old shounen pitfall of making a villain so overpowered that the only way he could possibly be beaten is some unsatisfying copout.
>>
>>51379099

There was a prophecy about the chosen ones defeating the great evil, and we knew from the start their group was a bunch of faking, morally dubious hucksters. If they did beat the final villain, that would have been the copout
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.