[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1305: Cold Bro Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 534
Thread images: 65

File: Jumpchain CYOA.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Jumpchain CYOA.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>51366721
>>
So I get to start this of huh?

Then lets ask a basic question: What are your best mana regen perks, jumpers?
>>
So I have a warhammer 40k question. Is Commorragh a dimension on to itself. it talks about it being part of web way dimension but it also mentions that the regular eldar have a home there, is it in the same web way? Or do each have their separate ones?
>>
>>51373525
Same webway, different parts of it. Like a different pocket inside the Webway, I guess.
>>
>>51373525
>>51373534
Commorragh is both an area and a city. It was a massive trading hub of the webway. Think as if like the largest intersection of a super-highway with a Super Market built on top. After the collapse, many of the highways broke down and some even twisted in on themselves to go to different locations. Because of this, no former map of the webway can reliably tell you how to get to Commorragh. But because Commorragh was the main intersection, it still has several safe highways leading out. This is why the Dark Eldar are so good at raiding and why few people can track them down. And those who can generally don't want to go to the massive super market that has been turned into super-torture-rape Disney Land.
>>
how good is the whole solar gun thing in boktai?
>>
File: webway.png (17KB, 919x584px) Image search: [Google]
webway.png
17KB, 919x584px
>>51373525
Like this, but more proportional. (probably a lot more tunnels, thinner tunnels, and larger commoragh)
>>
>>51373534
>>51373580
may have to retool something I was planning then but no big deal. Thank you.
>>
File: 1445675009338.jpg (41KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1445675009338.jpg
41KB, 600x849px
>>51373393
The one in FF:Tactics seems to be the best one.
>>
>>51373393
I'm pretty partial to the one in Terraria, which regen your full mana pool in 2.5 minutes, though not sure if it continues to scale that way after the jump.
>>
File: MoriartyCrown.png (807KB, 1011x615px) Image search: [Google]
MoriartyCrown.png
807KB, 1011x615px
Jumpers!
Have you ever been thoroughly beaten?
>>
>>51373865
>implying I'm not letting them think they beat me
>implying this wasn't part of the keikaku from the start
>>
>>51373587
Depends on the model, but if dealing with undead? Really useful.
>>51373865
Yes. I got into a fight I shouldn't have, and had to rebuild myself.

Aaanyways, trying to find a good price for this perk
100?CP (Artificer Free/ Discount) - Polite Denial: Let it not be said you are not proper in your rejection, Jumper. When you have more knowledge in a field than whoever you're speaking to, especially if you're a renowned researcher in said field, your word on the matter will be respected by those less knowledgeable, even if they would otherwise disagree with you-After all, YOU're the scientist here, so if you say its a bad idea, it probably is, right?
>>
>>51373933
100 sounds right
>>
File: 06a.png (356KB, 680x381px) Image search: [Google]
06a.png
356KB, 680x381px
>>51373865
I had clone bodies and avatars utterly destroyed, and some of plans have been completely ruined, but I rarely fight directly or without a quick route of escape.
>>
File: Garlock Awakens.jpg (20KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Awakens.jpg
20KB, 704x396px
>>51373865
My first fight with Umor ended...badly. One long attrition war exhausting several magical monuments' worth of power just to slow the thing down later, and I was still pushed into scythin' range. Mid-flay I realised I'd bought just enough time for my other companions to push it back with a directed beam of positive energy, and mustered just enough strength to punchsplode it with Jubileus' help one last time before passing out.

And way back, I vastly overestimated my ability to divide and conquer in Macross while being a sociopathic dick. Turns out one little girl singing is all it takes to triangulate a swarm of space bugs' bombing run.

Does Orikan's Deadlight count? I might've powered through, but it was the beginning of the end of my then-goal in life.

>>51373393
Probably the Third Magic, since Sourcery and Wizardry are very different things on the Discworld.
>>
>>51373933
I think 100cp is right.
>>
>>51373598
Commoragh isn't a place. Its multiple places, think of one location being on the other side the galaxy, while another is in the center. Old Ones or Eldar pieced together these individual ports into one super trading hub. Plus there's individual personal dimensions that powerful Eldar or Eldar Covens carved out for themselves. On top of things there's several pocket dimensions which are sealed, which means you can't access them via anywhere by actually visiting the location physically. They're usually broken passages, or passages that Necrons use.

The Necrons have the technology to open the webway. However their part which has been sealed off from rest of the webway via tunnel collapse in which the connecting passages are now part of The Warp.
>>
>>51373715
The explanation in the notes is confusing to say the least. My reading of it is that once you finish the jump it considers how much mana you have at the time to be your 'base', which from now on will always refill in that amount of time. Anything above that or that you gain later refills at the same rate, but will end up taking more time.

Does that seem right to anyone else?
>>
Professor Paradox: can a Galvanic Mechamorph learn to do what Ship can do and mimic technology they've touched? Could a Galvan companion give them that functionality if they can't normally do it? Others seem to think yes since Ship is still a Galvanic Mechamorph, so I'm going with that unless you say otherwise.

Can a Galvanic Mechamorph upgrade something and leave the upgrades behind or do they always revert back to what the machine was like before the Galvanic Mechamorph merged with it? The Gwen 10 episode indicates it's possible, but only with a throwaway line of dialogue that may have been referencing temporary enhancement while in it.

As a Plumber can your free Partner be an imported Companion? I've already filled out my companion roster.

Could someone with an omnitrix to study and the Animojo and R&D perks make something like the Biomnitrix and do fusions?
>>
Does anyone know if DDD is meant to be in the same setting as the rest of the Nasuverse or not? I know it's not connected to any of the other stories, I was just curious whether its' depiction of true demons is meant to be canon or not.
>>
>>51374433
Unless there's some indication that it's meant to be the same and it hasn't been retconned, it's probably not.
>>
Any suggestions for if I want to hand out personal shields and emergency teleporters?
>>
>>51374811
just stack super science perks
>>
>>51373393
I made a giant mana engine and linked it to a focus so I could pretty much pull all the magic I want out of it like an infinite battery.
>>
>>51374195
How are you a sourcerer?
>>
>>51374866
You could have just bought the orcus want and volcano from demons of astlan for that you know.
>>
>>51373618
Tactics advanced?
>>
File: Captain Garlock.jpg (85KB, 780x481px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Garlock.jpg
85KB, 780x481px
>>51374939
Well, Coin never made it to the doors of Unseen University. Ipslore sensed me coming from a mile away-and I barely parried the freezing hot thaumaturgy before I could begin revving up the ol' Soulfire.

It was easily one of the most intense magical battles I've had to face in my entire chain. The skies burned, the land went oblong-shaped, the Horsemen showed up demanding to know why the Apocralypse had apparently gone ahead of schedule; Ipslore eventually gained the home turf advantage by pulling energy from A'tuin's heart itself. I ended up winning by backing off and focusing on defence and scrying long enough to project to Coin the collateral damage the battle was causing-and him trying to fling Ipslore away gave me the opportunity to sucker-exorcise him with a Ra Tilt.

So there's just me and Coin. The world was starting to seethe with wild magic running amok through it causing a million little impossibilities; the nuclear fallout to a Dungeon Dimension hole's nuke, Death's just sort of tossing his scythe up and down quizically.

He took one look at the mess he was obliged to fix, and asked you're supposed to clean up a magical disaster. I had a few ideas.

For starters, I used The Deal Maker from Disney to transfer his talents, sealing the raw energy throughout my own dimensional manifolds. As part of the deal I used my newfound magical powers to give him the potential to become the greatest wizard of the age.

I then...stepped aside and advised him to head on over to UU, have a talk with a chap called Simon and wait for a girl called Esk to show up. I explained that raw power only gets you so far before precision and proper theory lets you actually do things without blowing the world up.

I...may or may not have inadvertantly created the Disc's version of Harry, Ron and Hermione. Except if Ron was a genius too.
>>
File: Bobby-JoJo.jpg (245KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby-JoJo.jpg
245KB, 800x680px
>>51373865

Bodacious Babes
>>
>>51373393
Why bother regenerating? Just never run out in the first place.
>>
>>51375248
>Make a deal with a deity in order to gain an obscene mana pool and magical skill
>The mana doesn't regenerate at all
>The deal states that when you run out, you will immediately drop dead
This feels like an anime of some kind.
>>
>>51375373
Sounds like a comic book.
>>
>>51373393
Gemcraft lets you turn any kind of mana into a liquid, terraria gives you infinite liquid generators.
>>
>>51373393
My best mana regen "perks" actually come from Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?.

Everybody picked up magic of one kind or another while we were there, partly because we picked up the Family Reputation Drawback that expected all of us to be powerful magicians. Also because their magic, though limited in a number of ways, can kick a TON of butt.

Anyways, due to how stats and levels and things work in that universe, I picked up an Advanced Ability called Rapid Cast that increased my Mana Regeneration and then increased that by a rank. Don't get me wrong, it's impressive, but it's not going to outpace some of the other mana regen abilities in the multiverse.

... I should really update my stats at some point. I just realized I haven't had Raven do that in nearly fifty years now. And I spent most of Forgotten Realms casting magic like it was going out of style.

Yes, I houseruled things just a little bit to import Raven as a Goddess. So sue me. It's not like I gave away free points. She was the Jumper for that Jump and I was imported as a Companion.

>>51373865
Beaten? Sure. Thoroughly beaten? Not yet.

>>51375373
Sounds like an Archon from The Elder Scrolls.
>>
File: sailormoon-classic.jpg (42KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
sailormoon-classic.jpg
42KB, 640x427px
Where's the new Sailor Moon jump? I notice it isn't on the Drive anywhere.
>>
>>51375393
But Spawn doesn't die... He even becomes stronger than God and Satan.
>>
>>51375591 i dont think its finished

we had a wip posted though
>>
>>51375373
That was an anime, the guy was in a school where everyone could use magic a set amount of times, most people had millions or hundreds of thousands of uses. He had 8 uses. But his magic could do whatever the fuck he wanted to do with it.
>>
>>51375668

what was that called again?
>>
>>51375621
Yeah, but he had a countdown.
>>
Do we have something close to the lvled weapon("A Familiar Blade") from Danmachi?

I would rather do that jum later but atm it seems like that would be the best blade to use as a base for future weapon imports.
Thoughts?
>>
>>51376078
stop being a coward and do the jump
>>
>>51373865
All the time during the exalted mortal hero gauntlet.

I picked up a pretty strong regen item so typically I don't get the stuffing beat out of me, but then again I typically don't go around seeking fights to begin with so maybe I just haven't met someone who can bypass G Gundam UG cells yell.
>>
>>51375591
Not finished yet. This close to finishing, though. This close.
>>
>>51376078
It doesn't really matter. With enough crafting perks you can easily create a weapon to replace it.
>>
>>51376078
Go to gamer and invite the sword to your party.

Have some way of making the sword accept said invitation.
>>
>>51375694
maburaho I think
>>
>>51376078
If you jump demons of astlan and get the smithing perk you can make sapient swords who can also transform into sword golems, turn into flying glaives, talk telepathically, see if someone is nonhuman masquerading as a human, and tell if someone is lieing. This is all before we get to the part of how the sword makes you better at fighting by self correcting its angles and such.

You could also build titan prisons and volcano fortresses with it, so thats a thing.
>>
How are people going to react to a jumper showing up as a male Unchosen Irregular with Zahard's Chosen and a family?

From what I understand, literally everyone is going to go "Oh Shit" and everyone with any measure of power is going to try to kill me?
>>
>>51373865
Asura's Wrath AKA I took THAT drawback.
>>
>>51376613
I mean, technically it is impossible for you to be both a Chosen of Zahard and an irregular because he would kill any irregular that can't protect themselves form him, not help them grow stronger.

That being said the FUG and the RED in setting would probably freak out and try to kill you.
>>
>>51376613
So, in the discworld jump there's a drawback that lodges a Great Spell into your head, preventing you from casting any other magic. What happens if you actually cast it?
>>
>>51375393
Techinically its spawns powers. His necroplasm was his mana and if he ran out he would go back to hell.
>>
>>51376947
Potentially anything. The Great Spells are sapient entities that hold the power of the being that created the Discworld, they do what they want. The only control you have over them is whether to unleash them or not. They are interested in the survival of the Disc, though, so they're unlikely to cause destruction on too wide a scale.
>>
>>51376613
It doesn't matter if you're Zahard's Chosen or not, people will still try to kill you regardless. The Tower is a place where there's no concept of law, just that might makes right. As long as you have power, murder is perfectly justified, and stealing other people's power is also justified. A lot of people just consider this process as part of climbing the Tower, so tossing morality out the window is the normal thing to do. Everyone in every faction will try to kill you regardless, being an Irregular is enough for that to happen.
>>
>>51377047
Huh. That has interesting implications for the drawback. You might be able to spam the Great Spell if it always restores itself after being cast.
>>
>>51377114
>>51377047
The problem is the greatspells wont cast just because you want them to. If its the one rincewind had from the octavo (which the drawback seems to be based on) it is a set of 8 spells which can only be cast together giving the use ultimate power to save the worlds. Worlds being baby world turtle eggs.

These spells they are sapient and have a sort of self presevation instinct but they also do what they want.
>>
>>51377181
The spells are also kind of pussies, to be fair. Rincewind basically bullied his into compliance. Then again, Rincewind is literally Lady Luck's favored pawn before accounting for the time he somehow survived falling off the Disc and seemingly escaped the Dungeon Dimensions by...running.

If he were summoned as a Servant, his agility and luck would be beyond EX.
>>
Wait, I take it back: His luck would be NEGATIVE EX, but he'd have a skill called "Proof of the Eternal Coward" or something that inverts it whenever the world's about to end or he's travelling in a foreign country..
>>
>>51377270
Reading through the wiki, it says that the other 7 spells changed the world to prevent him from falling off the disc, in order to save the eight spell. Other than that, he does have some really good luck, concerning survival at least.

>>51377181
Wasn't there one time that rincewind was about to cast the spell, but got interrupted? I think that means they can be cast sperately. Could be wrong though.
>>
>>51377312
He tried but it didnt work. It just scared off some wolves iirc.
>>
Can someone who knows more about the Kirby series than me give me a second opinion on something?

I'm taking Kirby as my third jump and I got a bit greedy with my purchases and took the drawback Gotta Get That There Kirby, And I'm starting to think that was a bad decision. My power grabbing also changed me into a final boss in form and power, so all I want to know is how likely am I to die because of these decisions? I know it's a pink puffball, but you never know.

If my odds are especially bad, than I'll just roll to see if I make it.
>>
>>51376947
>a drawback that lodges a Great Spell into your head, preventing you from casting any other magic
I wish sufficiently bad-ass spells, like Giga Slave or The Deplorable Word, could stick around and get into shouting matches with the Great Spell.

Maybe they bully Ensoul into sticking around too, who's just constantly pissing itself with fear while they try to talk you into using Ensoul to give them physical forms.
>>
>>51377288
I liked how in The Last Hero he just up and volunteered for Leonard of Quirm's rocket ship because he knew that he'd wind up on it anyway, somehow. Might as well volunteer and get a proper berth on the ship instead of coincidence leading him to being an accidental stowaway with all the discomfort that implies.
>>
>>51377350
>Trying to beat Kirby
Kirby doesn't look it, but he regularly fights eldritch horrors and wins. Granted, he has a conceptual advantage against them due to the fact that he's essentially the embodiment of good dreams, but it's still damn impressive.

I don't think you're going to be able to take Kirby in a fight. Your best bet is being a nice enough person that you're on friendly terms with him in spite of you trying to get him, so he's content with just smacking you around a bit instead of destroying you.

If you've got anything that lets you make sweets, or you buy some in the jump with CP, bribing him is also an acceptable solution. He'll still beat you up when you get uppity, however.
>>
>>51377350
I'm with >>51377436. If nothing else, he can pretty much acquire whatever non-nightmare based power in the setting by eating the right guy.

>>51377312
Oh yeah. Forgot about that bit.

>>51377419
I mean, just think of what kind of coincidences he'd need to end up on the MOON. Better than sitting on ANOTHER swamp dragon who's also a throwback like Errol, who suddenly has the Disc's worst case of flatulence ever and drags him screaming up to the moon through the sky.
>>
>>51377350
>Just realized Kirby doesn't have a canon companion option
>You can't take a pink, friend-shaped puffball with you
I'm a little sad now.
>>
>>51377486
He'd eat all your infinite cake purchases anon
>>
>>51377507
But he's shaped like a friend and almost certainly amazing to cuddle with. That's a fair trade-off, I'd say.
>>
>>51377507
Definitely worth it. Kirby would be a great Companion if you could grab him up.
>>
>>51377507
That's the thing about infinite cake.

It's infinite.
>>
>>51377350
You'll be fine. The drawback basically makes you Dedede, and as capricious and childish as Kirby is, he isn't a monster. As for aesthetics, looking like a Dark Matter might be a little suspicious, but Kirby's completely fine with Gooey, who IS a Dark Matter.

So, basically, don't try to destroy the world or otherwise do something stupid, and the worst that'll happen is some bruising and maybe some embarrassment or stolen food.
>>
>>51377486

that's what The pods and blue feathers are for a Anonymous
>>51377575
so is Kirby's stomach, it's literally an alternate universe.
>>
>>51377575
You underestimate Kirby.
>>
>>51377350
Kirby is a god damned monster do not expect this to go well if you ever truly piss him off, on the good side he's rather good natured. I would actually put him up there with Samus Aran as far as the amount of destruction he can cause in a limited span of time, however he specializes in fighting literal nightmares and things worse than nightmares. He's a strange character that I could actually see going to SCP and getting a safe rating, then an Euclid when he does some accidental damage, then a Keter rating when pissed off, then ending at a Thaumiel rating when some keter gets uppity around him.

Really though I just suggest you bribe him with sweets, and cake, and never steal sweets or cake from him. If you ever piss him off you have a good chance of calming him with some cake. And also he's a baby, literally an infant of a race that takes an incredibly long time to grow up, you can manipulate the pink puffball into doing stuff if you really try.
>>
>>51377579
>>51377601
>Kirbys not a monster
>Kirbys a god damned monster

Thanks guys.
>>
>>51377594
>blue feathers
Are exclusively for waifus and husbandos, even if you have an unlimited supply of them via Jumper nonsense.
>>
>>51377575
Nonono, you don't understand: He'll just sit there in one place not even eating, but inhaling cake. Years will pass, civilisations will rise and fall, the sun will collapse into a black hole and finally evaporate as a cinder-

-and he'll still be there, eating cake.
>>
>>51377618

He's a monster in strength, not in mentality, basically.
>>
File: KirbyKSSUwalk.png (462KB, 747x795px) Image search: [Google]
KirbyKSSUwalk.png
462KB, 747x795px
>>51377620
yes, your point being?
>>
>>51377624
in other word, he is now caught in the best possible trap of all.

One of his own design
>>
>>51376685
>>51377091
If I have Shed Like Water + A Monster's Strength + King's Chosen + A Thorn Forged To Kill Kings + some learning boosters to quickly become proficient in the stuff is there anything in the Tower capable of killing me in a one-on-one fight while the Thorn is active?

I rolled Tower of God fairly early in my chain and I'm wondering if the best way to deal with stuff is just to go balls to the wall.
>>
>One minute into the campione anime.
>Someone tries to take the magic artifact from the MC.
>Doesn't speak italian, thinks he's getting mugged.

...Wat.
>>
>>51377486
Can't you grab a Kirby from SSB?
>>
>>51377652
He's happy though, and got exactly what he wanted. I don't know if it's really fair to call it a trap.
>>
>>51377657
That sounds like a reasonable thing to think if someone tries to take a magical artifact from you.
>>
>>51377624
Have more than one.
>>
>>51377601
On the other hand, Kirby very nearly passes the box test (can you contain it by putting it in a box behind a locked door?), if you give him a steady supply of cake, he's pretty docile. Compared to a lot of other containment procedures, that's remarkably simple.
>>
>>51377657

I mean, if someone is trying to steal from him in a public place, that's the textbook definition of a mugging.
>>
>>51377657
Yeah if someone tried to take my macguffin from me while talking in a different language I'd probably assume I was getting mugged, too.
>>
>>51377657
to be fair she does pull a knife almost immediately on him
>>
>>51377653
>If I have Shed Like Water + A Monster's Strength + King's Chosen + A Thorn Forged To Kill Kings + some learning boosters to quickly become proficient in the stuff is there anything in the Tower capable of killing me in a one-on-one fight while the Thorn is active?
Yes. Tower of God has a habit of creating ridiculous enemies so that people keep escalating in strength. The MC with Thorn and essentially the rest of those perks that you've listed has had to upgrade 4 times just to break even with an immortal, and they just barely at the 1/3rd point of the Tower so far. The escalation is going to get worse from here on out. Right now the major enemies include an entity that devours souls conceptually and a true immortal whose immortality mechanics aren't properly explained. The latter survived a shinsoo black hole for the heck of it, whereas the former has a Deus Ex Machina on his side right now.
>>
>>51377657
Don't watch the anime, man. It's not that well-done, and doesn't cover the entire series, anyway. It's only the first four books of a seventeen book series. It doesn't even go long enough for the main plot to be introduced, that's not until book five. First four books are mostly independent vignettes, you don't learn about The King That Awakens At World's End in them even if later books tie the early adventures to him.
>>
How dangerous is Rosario + vampire?
>>
File: 1460898977814.png (184KB, 600x653px) Image search: [Google]
1460898977814.png
184KB, 600x653px
Have you or your companions ever met alternate versions of yourselves? What happened? Did you learn anything about yourselves?
>>
>>51377736
The end of the jump has Alucard as a villain trying to wipe out humanity, he is basically an eldritch horror by that point.
>>
>>51377725
Really? I started watching it because I don't have the free time to read the books, at least not for the next few days.

But, it's really that bad? I assumed that each episode lined up to one book, but that looks like two or three episodes per book.
>>
>>51377736
decent shounen lvl. the most bullshit in the setting is imho the binding magic that is used to flawlessly restrain some pretty strong entities
>>
>>51377775
Is he dangerous enough that siccing Hellsing Alucard on him wouldn't work?
>>
>>51377775
>end of the jump
*end of the series.

>>51377804
That is a really really bad idea, not because Hellsing Alucard couldn't fight him but because the fight would fuck over pretty much everyone.
>>
>>51377784
Most animes don't do the one episode a book thing, just like how Overlord's anime only covers up to the first couple books. Even the Overlord manga is ahead of the anime. LNs, depending on the author, can get as long as a regular novel, like Harry Potter length. The time it takes for it to get published generally is longer than the time it takes for an anime season to air. Again this is rather subjective based on the author, but Sword Art Online is one of the better examples of this. The current SAO jump only seems to address season 1 and most people only think of it via anime season 1, but the LN's biggest arc is actually the PA arc, which the jump doesn't seem to address, since I guess the anime hasn't gotten there yet.
>>
>>51373393
I brewed several incredibly powerful but short duration mana and magicka regen potions then fused them with the brewed potion from the general xianxia scenario. With Minecraft's cheat mode I have several copies of the base potion left over in case I find other powerful regen medicines or potions.
>>
>>51377759
I learned i'm actually a pretty fun guy to hang out with.
Or maybe we just had a similar sense of humor.
>>
>>51377784
Watch it if you want but it won't help you all that much if your goal is to make a jump on the series, it lacks a great deal of information from the LN.

Though I guess it might be useful for getting a visual representation of the power levels involved.
>>
>>51377784
The average rule for light novel adaptations is one book for every three to five episodes. The Campione anime is 13 episodes long, so it's only the first four books. They also shuffle events around, which isn't uncommon for anime adaptations, it lets you build a more cohesive narrative out of stories that were originally separate. But in Campione's case it leads to Athena/Metis (just going to spoil text that for you) seeming like a much bigger player than she actually is, like she's behind all of the stuff going on. She isn't, it's a totally different person manipulating things behind the scenes. Athena/Metis is defeated in the first book of the light novel series, she's a secondary character throughout the rest.

And again, since it only covers the first four books, it misses out on a lot of stuff. Goudou never gets his other Authorities. John Pluto Smith, Black Prince Alec, Luo Hao, and Madame Aisha are never introduced. Most of the Heretic Gods aren't fought like they are in canon. We never learn what Campiones actually are. The King Of The End is never addressed, nor what causes him to be summoned. We don't learn about Divine Ancestors. Goudou never travels through time. I can keep on going with this, it's a long list of things the anime doesn't cover.
>>
>>51373393
Alchemy from Master of Magic and Equivalent Exchange from Minecraft.

I have a few tons of gold lying around that i can convert to mana at will.
Or throw at my enemies and then convert to mana.
>>
>>51377804
>Vampiric Death Ocean VS Vampiric Death Mountain in the middle of a populated city.
This is a great idea anon, I approve.
>>
>>51377930
>John Pluto Smith
Best girl.
>>
>>51373865
Lucifer pretty much knocked my teeth in during DeSu.
>>
For anyone who actually knows the demons of astlan setting would it be a bad idea to teah the demons xianxia skills so that humans would stop summoning them?
>>
>>51377930
I've read a couple of fanfics, which is why I know what this is in the first place, so I know a little bit about the series. Enough to look at the previous version and rearrange it some.

Though, time travel? How'd that happen?
>>
>>51378004
How did you end up starting a Jump before you started watching/reading the series? That seems a bit cart before the horseish.
>>
>>51378034
He is apparently getting into the series now, before writing the jump.
>>
>>51378034
Not him but I get into a lot of stuff thanks to jumping them first.
>>
Since we are on the topic of Alucard, why does the Hellsing jump have that bit about Walter not being a spy?
Did the author simply not like that or was there a deeper reason?
>>
>>51377942
I imagine this is what it'd be like for bystanders.
http://nedroid.com/2010/10/open-door/
>>
>>51378004
One of Madame Aisha's Authorities grants her time manipulation powers. One of its uses is that she can travel through time, though never intentionally (every Campione has common themes to their Authorities, Aisha's is that hers tend to activate on their own). This can't actually change the past, there's some continuity maintenance effect going on, but it does mean she can go on adventures in the past. At one point she drags Goudou and Doni with her, they spend some time in ancient Rome and fight a Hunnic Campione who has probably my favorite power set out of all the Campiones in the series. He summons dinosaurs!
>>
>>51378050
The difference is that Blade here is making the jump before getting into the series. We've had people that have done it before, but generally it takes a fair bit of expertise to pull it off properly.
>>
>>51377759
Vash the Stampede though Geneology of the Holy War Me (Who was pretty loud, and obnoxious but super shounen in temperament) was pretty cute and asked me why I weren't like them...until they murdered someone in front of him.

He got his answer why we were different. That "summon past self" from Doctor McNinja is a fun perk.

when I take the JUMPER drawback in Fate (I have a plan to deal with them, don't worry), I'm gonna get hit hard with a lot of character development stuff involving denial and coping with bad shit
>>
>>51378064
Because of the objectives thing and to balance it to be a bit easier iirc. As for why the objectives are a thing, I honestly don't know why he even did that in the first place.
>>
>>51378107
Oh I thought he was just jumping it.
>>
>>51378002
Do xanxia skills prevent true name magic from working? If not, you'd just make the demons more valuable to enslave.
>>
>>51378034
Most of my jumps tend to be Rule 1, honestly.

I saw someone mention campione, and I knew enough about the setting to want a jump for it. Which leads to me reading the LN's (in a day or two), and then making a jump for it.

I'm not foolish enough to try and make a jump for it without reading the relevant material.

>>51378080
>Time travel
>Dinosaurs
Well that's awesome.
>>
Could evil god average be a jump?
>>
>>51378107
>making the jump before getting into the series
What is. Why would.

Huh?
>>
>>51378133
They make you more powerful via training so maybe bust that magic via willpower?
>>
>>51378159
Because they want to? We've had other jumpmakers do it before, FFXIV was one of the most notable ones. Dirge mentioned before in IRC that he never actually played the game.
>>
>>51378151
Anything can be a jump if you try hard enough.
>>
>>51378144
>Well that's awesome.
It is! What makes it really cool is that at that point Goudou had his second Authority, Ame-no-Murakumo, which has the power to combine itself with other Authorities. Normally this lets him do things like imbue its Steel attribute into his Boar to give it armor and sword tusks or combine the Sun attribute of the White Horse into the Ame-no-Murakumo to turn its blade into solar fire. But it can also do it with less efficiency when faced with other peoples' Authorities, letting him temporarily copy a weaker version of them. So Goudou gets his own dinosaurs, and he and Ulgin (the enemy Campione) ride theirs and have awesome sword fights in the sky on top of pterodactyls. It's one of the reasons I consider that one of the better volumes in the series.
>>
File: 37928239.jpg (111KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
37928239.jpg
111KB, 400x400px
>>51378231
>sword fights in the sky on top of pterodactyls
>>
>>51378170
More powerful demons are harder to bind. If you give a rank 1 demon the magical skills normally associated with a rank 4... Well, it would be an unpleasant surprise for an unprepared summoner.

Demons who break their bindings generally take a pretty awful vengeance on their accursed masters. Sadistic, elaborate torture and rape. Causing that to happen is not for the squeamish.
>>
>>51378151
It's been a while since I've read it, but I don't really think there's all too much material for a jump. If you think you can do it, though, then go for it.
>>
>>51373865
I took that drawback in young justice, I died like Four times.
>>
>>51378422
Pleb, just turn into a stairs.
>>
>>51373865
In hero bbs, as a demon lord, one of the hero's wised up and used stealth. He broke into my castle and beat the crap out of me for killing his sort-of girlfriend.

He only stopped after I pulled a vader.
>>
File: 1476776182683.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476776182683.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
If you eat souls, will you poop ghosts?
>>
>>51378490
Depends on your digestion.
>>
>>51378490
ectoplasm.
>>
Hey was the Madness Combat jump not approved? it isn't on the drive
>>
>>51378482
>pulled a vader
you told him he was your son?
>>
>>51378512
the what now?
>>
>>51378538
It's imaged, but it's not in the imaged folder . It was based on these. http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/madness.html
>>
File: Madness combat.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Madness combat.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51378553
>>51378538
Here it is , I didn't make it but it was posted to the thread And I don't remember any major objections to it,his might not be the latest version
>>
a jump... for a newgrounds animation.

what a time to be alive
>>
File: 11126165541251.jpg (8KB, 207x204px) Image search: [Google]
11126165541251.jpg
8KB, 207x204px
>>51377759
>>
>>51378532
I was his girlfriend.

I went undercover and signed myself up as a nun to try and learn holy magic. When I was done, I faked my death.
>>
>>51378633
That's.. how did he take it?
also aren't nuns supposed to be celibate?
>>
>>51378594
>>51378577
>>51378553
>>51378538
>>51378512
so does anyone remember why it wasn't approved or Should I try and Upload it?
>>
>>51378687
If you didn't make it, don't try to push it.
>>
>>51378687
Look in the archives and check.
>>
>>51378672
He stared into space for a few minutes before going back to trying to kill me. Sadly, I was a wizard and a few minutes was all the time I needed to curbstomp him.

Capital H Hero, as ordained by the church. Rules were slightly bendy.
>>
>>51378709
so why did your jumper agree to be his gf in the first place? did she like him?
>>
>>51378594
We already had a thing thing jump. Madness isn't that far off.
>>
>>51378703
i'm not trying to push anything. I'm checkingand it seems like given the lack of people Who replied to it, it just might have gone unnoticed and therefore not been uploaded
>>51378700
yeah it's not the latest version, but it didn't really have any reason not to be on the drive
>>
>>51378762
well I dont claim to have more than skimmed the full jump list. there are a lot of IP i simply dont recognize by title alone
>>
>>51378744
Blade is as slut, he probably couldn't turn down sex.
>>
The new Samurai Jack season will start on March 11, if anyone cares.
>>
>>51379195
Expect nothing. Recieve less.
>>
>>51379195
It's just not going to be the same since Aku's voice died.
>>
No time to lose take this! In other news stuff happened and my school is out early, which is awesome but I may have labs tomorrow which is sad. Things labeled [-00] are things i'm not sure on the pricing of.
>>
Here's the latest WIP of the jump so far.

0.5 Added some new perks like Energy Absorption and Nimble Paws, made sure to add a lot more villain stuff. Added a clarification that canon events that kill everyone in the universe won’t end your chain if you lack 1ups if Usagi revives everyone. Nerfed some stuff, toned down the meta or moved it to notes. Polished and elaborated on a lot of perks. Added Fall of the Silver Millennium Scenario.
>>
>>51379579
Looks decent so far. Do you mind if I ignore the fiat-survival thing so it does have a risk of killing me, maybe make it optional?
>>
>>51379579
wasnt the "Sailor Teleport" supposed to have a bigger range? I feel like they used it to teleport to the moon at somepoint
>>
>>51377643
Kirby is a child.
>>
>>51377643
Do not waifu the Kirby.
>>
>>51379415
As a general criticism, a lot of the descriptions feel like they run on too long. Don't get me wrong, they're well-fluffed and defined, it's just they run on for so long it takes a while to figure out what they actually do. Maybe split them up into different paragraphs for the fluff and the perk description?

Especially for the Jumper, the Truth is Out There drawback.

>Enlightened

Aren't they called Illuminated? Also why does it count as death?

>Celebrating
>Fools!

200 and 400 CP, from top to bottom

>Something...Primordial

Ha! Shoutout to Beast or Werewolf?
>>
>>51379710
>>51379748
Do not probe the depths of his degeneracy.
>>
>>51379762
>As a general criticism, a lot of the descriptions feel like they run on too long.
Maximum rambling scientist feel achieved.

>Aren't they called Illuminated?
Yes that too.

>200 and 400 CP, from top to bottom
thanks for the suggestion!

>Ha! Shoutout to Beast or Werewolf?
Small one to Beast actually.
>>
>>51379415
I'm with >>51379762 on the fluff bit. It's too much in places. Also, what do inspirations actually do, and what does it do when I have 10?
>>
Red's ban should be up by now, shouldn't it? Or did Timmy finally lose it and perma her?
>>
>>51379835
Red occasionally takes breaks from the thread, it seems like the ban has started one.
>>
>>51379835
Nah, she's just waiting until she has something finished to post.
>>
>>51379825
No prob. Anyway I'd like to reiterate I don't think Illumination should count as death given it's merely the result of being overloaded with all kinds of incomprehensible lore, rather than something that transforms your fundamental being into a metaphysically, er, deadier state. Aren't there a few examples of Illuminated characters in the book which are fairly functional?
>>
How do I go fast?
>>
>>51379879
So MCU2 is still happening?
>>
>>51379876
Can you blame her? I mean damn I try to be a good happy person but the thread is either full of trolls or just has super dedicated trolls. Either way it is not a place that encourages people to actually make stuff. Jump makers have battered wife syndrome or something, keep getting screamed at but keep coming back for more.
>>
File: 1478659184772.gif (1MB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478659184772.gif
1MB, 240x240px
>>51379934
Or they're like me and just do things for the sake of doing them, and then cheerily ignore most of the thread screeching.

I'm a jumpaholic.
>>
>>51379831
Genius: A mortal human who has gained the power to break the bounds of the physical world with the power of invention and Inspiration. Or, depending on whom you ask, a superdimensional intellect that has taken up residence in a human's body and mind.

The use of Mania to work Wonders is their boon and their bane. They craft non-repeatable phenomena using internally consistant 'science'. 'Mad Science' is their power along with the manipulation of the power found in raw
Idea.

>>51379906
>"The Illuminated are not fooled by Mania: they are Mania. The Illuminated have been consumed by their own Inspiration. That alien light burns away their personalities, leaving nothing but a swirling vortex of Mania and alien logic. It's estimated that about 20% of all fall to Illumination eventually: 10% more or less immediately and 10% over the course of their lives. Most of the latter are Lemurians, but no one is entirely safe. An Illuminated becomes "genius," rather than remaining an individual genius. As a mad scientist succumbs to Illumination, raw Inspiration swallows up the genius' personality. He becomes something amazing and terrible, entirely devoid of human feelings or thoughts, a mere conduit for the deranged energy of genius as it floods into the world. The Illuminated are dangerous and magnificent, transcendental mathematical intellects wrapped in the guise of mortal flesh, their actions unpredictable and dangerous. Whatever motivates the Illuminated, they are often as beautiful as they are cruel, capable of composing grand and monstrous projects, as Maniacal light from another world spills from their eyes"
^This^ is a form of death. Just with really fancy results. A direct quote from the book.
>>
>>51379956
I thought you said you were a recycling bin?
>>
>>51379923
With your legs. Or jets. Or teleporting. But really, we have sonic jump, Arrowverse for Speed Force, FISS from PS238, being a servant in Fate especially with EX speed, getting level 100 in Overlord will give a big boost especially with the Drop In class. Also, Xmen has a good one and most other cape settings have a speed perk.
>>
>>51379579
Looks good. Also, for the Fall of the Silver Millennium scenario, does the jump end after Beryl's defeat, or do we stick around until the modern era?
>>
>>51379956
Not everybody is as dense as you, Ichika.
>>
>>51379934
It's worth it when you finally get praise.
>>
>>51379969
Yes but I need to go faster.
>>
>>51379963
That doesn't explain what inspiration is in this context or why it's as dangerous as described.
>>
>>51379974
I'd say he's more of a Natsuru.
>>
>>51379963
Hmm. Fair enough.
>>
>>51379923
Think of how to go slow, then do the opposite of that.
>>
File: 1478565827735.gif (318KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478565827735.gif
318KB, 500x500px
>>51379968
I'm all kinds of things.
>>51379974
Hey, did Ichika destroy a moon, have a motorcycle deathmatch, and then proceed not to sleep for a week after a voodoo curse confronted him in the form of an angry ghost gorilla that may or may not have been a hallucination?

I didn't think so.
>>
>>51379579
Looks good, but you seem to have forgotten the standard age roll/gender selection.
>>
>>51380008
OwO! also that's an easy section to forget. A lot of people ignore it.
>>
>>51380036
>A lot of people ignore it.

Because it's a relic of shittier jumpmaking days.
>>
>>51379993
How about a direct quote from the book then:
>Ideas crash like thunder through a genius' life every moment of their lives, barely contained, often barely understood. This is Inspiration, the illumination within, the raw stuff of genius. The greater a genius' Inspiration, the more power of creation and destruction she possesses. But there is a cost. As a genius' Inspiration increases, she becomes less able to understand mundane concerns. She struggles to hold onto her Obligation, as people seem more like systems to be explored than individuals with their own lives and concerns. As she becomes almost godlike in her perspective, she must focus to concentrate on the mortal world and its concerns.

>>51379998
Thanks for being understanding.
>>
What's the best joke jump?
>>
>>51379602
I suppose, if you wish.

>>51379973
Hm...I would say you get to stick around until the modern era, as there are other Sailor Moon Villains to worry about other than Queen Beryl. (Like the man behind the man behind the man, Chaos itself) You also might have to deal with Nehelenia too after fighting Beryl.

Although you should fanwank whatever happens afterward because completing the scenario really throws canon events off the rails.

>>51380008
I don't really care for age rolls or gender stuff, so I didn't include them.
>>
>>51380053
I'd like to point out that that is exactly what is written in the jump as well, which is what caused my confusion in the first place. My question is more or less what can I get away with at 10 Inspiration that I can't with just 1.
>>
>>51380036
>OwO! also that's an easy section to forget
You really haven't made that many jumps have you.
>>
>>51380098
At it's root? More. Inspiration is the Resource pool, like Rage for Werewolf and Blood for Vampires, more Inspiration is more Mania to tie to your Wonders, thus greater and more Wonders.
>>
File: IMG_0353.jpg (33KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0353.jpg
33KB, 480x640px
Uncle Dante if you're around, for DMC if I choose Devil Arms-Arms could I have them separate arms? Or do I have replace my originals first then buy new ones?
>>
For Anno 2070, post jump, do you need your ship to do the research and manufacturing for Artifical Alloys?

For DC Occult, if you don't take Real Magic, how does the power from Dimension Lord manifest?

How many humans can sustain themselves with 40k sq miles in a pocket dimension?

In PS238, if you are a teacher, can your companions take Ms Kyle's homeroom for free? Can companions get the We've Got Each Other complication?

The perk, A Job Well Done, basic teacher version is drastically underpowered compared to the others. Can teachers just pick from the list on their first purchase?
>>
How would I go about converting Shisoo into mana?

Or, failing that, Shinsoo and Essence are incredibly similar, right? Would assuming they pool together be huge wank?
>>
>>51380074
Right. So, current plan is to start off as a Villain, encounter and get befriended by Serenity/Past Usagi, rebel against Beryl, and then help unite everyone against the Dark Kingdom. Hopefully, the Silver Millennium being at the height of its power, plus experienced Senshi, plus Queen and Princess Serinity, plus myself, plus all the other worlds, will be able to fight off the Dark Kingdom. Beryl is strong, but I'm less worried about her then I am about her boss.
>>
File: Flat6.jpg (86KB, 850x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Flat6.jpg
86KB, 850x1003px
>>51380006

>I'm all kinds of things

Bodacious Babes
>>
>>51380067
I like the Jumper Parable the best, but Salt and MLG PRO are pretty good too.

I thought about making a Native chain with MLG PRO once. I still think it would be pretty entertaining.
>>
>>51371819
Just so that your question doesn't go unanswered, I imagined it as a box that never goes empty, and just by wanting one kind you get it. You can imagine it as a salt shaker, if you want to. It gives you any type of salt.
>>
>>51380336
Is that a Trap or a Titlet?

Either way she needs to be bullied.
>>
>>51380067
Parable. Salt a close second.
>>
>>51380360
Native chain?
>>
>>51380156
Okay, thanks. What kind of tech level is this jump, btw? Like what's an example of what the average Genii could make? What about the upper tiers?
>>
>>51380067
SALT.

I got a whooole bunch of rocks with angry faces carved on them. Best decade ever.
>>
>>51380401
Chain where your character is from a different jump then, well, Earth.
>>
>>51380401
A native chain is where the jumper is a native of the world of the first jump, with the first jump's choices being their history before jumping.
>>
>>51380383
>>51380360
>>51380067
Salt could easily be a real jump.
>>
File: No.jpg (156KB, 1165x932px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
156KB, 1165x932px
>>51380372
>Is that a Trap

>Bodacious Babes
>Trap

Insulting Insolence
>>
>>51380424
Oh, like the Zergling and the Murloc jumpers?
>>
>>51380067
Other than the one I made suggsverse I really enjoy Parable. Of course, I read salt before I frequented the thread so I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now.
>>
>>51380285
>>In PS238, if you are a teacher, can your companions take Ms Kyle's homeroom for free?

yes, it says that doesn't it?

Can companions get the We've Got Each Other complication?

no companions Can't take any complications
>>
>>51380401
What >>51380424 said. There were some good ones; a Murloc (named Burgil, I think?), a Dullahan and a cowboy are the ones I remember.
>>
>>51380450
>Captain Falcon
>Straight

Pick one.
>>
>>51379923
Don't. When you go fast, you miss a lot of life.
>>
Question for those familiar with Exalted: How dangerous is the Sidereals jump, assuming no drawbacks?

I'm looking to take Chosen of Serenity, and from the description it sounds to me that surviving that job for 10 years shouldn't be too hard. Am i wrong?

I figure i can play Sidereal matchmaker for 10 years and walk off with, well, a Sidereal Exaltation early in my chain, but i'm only passingly familiar with the setting. Mainly from fanfics.
Specifically as jump 2, right after Pokemon Trainer.
>>
>>51380511
Not at all! I plan on having impeccable aim, thank you very much!
>>
>>51380452
>Of course, I read salt before I frequented the thread so I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now.

I am kinda new here what do you mean by this?
>>
>>51380586
Oh you sweet summer child. Just stay a bit longer and you'll learn on your own terms.
>>
>>51380533
As long as you stay the fuck out of office politics it's honestly the safest Exalted jump out there.
>>
>>51380533
You're dealing with a lot of politics, and the emerging Solars are going to be troublesome. If you fail at a mission, you'll be stuck for several months in paperwork. Another few months of kissing ass and bribing your superiors.
>>
>>51380006
hey again, sorry to annoy you , but these really do need clarifications for madoka , tell me if I'm being a nuge and I will back off.because otherwise I'll never know if you're ignoring me purposefully or not

1.if I have multiple souls Can I choose which one gets into the Soul Gem?
2.if I am just a soul Would that make No Thank You! mandatory since I wouldn't be able to participate in any way considering I'm locked up in the soul gem?
>>
>>51380533
Well, even without drawbacks and trying to keep your head down, you're liable to get the occasional mission to go into Creation to fix some mishap of fate... Which could involve anything from demons, fair folk, other gods, maybe gods.

Stuff like this:

>To: Iron Siaka, Rizako of Gem, Quiet Victory and Ahn-Aru.
>From: Office of Wayang, Division of Endings, SubDirectorate of Brushes with Death
>You are directed to form a circle and resolve the causal nexus disruption identifi ed by Case Number 8416-S-3153-542.
>Mission Profile:
>18 Ascending Fire, Chiaroscuro. On this day, make certain that the chief chef of the patrician Ragara Ululo serves fish rather than beef as a main course during the feast that night. Ululo is forecast to choke on a fish bone, but not to die. Be advised that four Dragon-Blooded offi cers will attend, along with one disguised Solar Exalt. Estimated probability of hidden Lunar presence: 53.8%. Estimated probability of hidden demonic presence: 46.4%. Estimated probability of Fair Folk presence: 23.7%.

But generally, if you just go for being a bureaucrat, you're relatively pretty safe.
>>
>>51380479

>Captain Falcon
>Gay

Terrible Tumblr
>>
>>51380533
Sidereals are hard to judge danger for, because they're ninja bureaucrats. So they can go years working on slow and subtle influence on the pattern of fate only to be suddenly called in on a major unraveling of causality that's spawning natural order-defying monsters they need to kill. And then afterwards they have to justify every resource they spent to their department head, it's awful. It's quite possible you could spend those ten years as a Chosen of Serenity doing peaceful work. But being a Chosen of Serenity won't keep you from being called in on the ninja missions, when they do happen. Every Sidereal (and in a wider sense, every Exalted) is expected to be able to fight, they were designed as weapons first and repurposed towards civilian work later. So I guess it's kind of a "fanwank it" scenario. There's no canon for events happening in Creation, just a lot of potential "this could happen" plot hooks for GMs to work with. Decide for yourself whether any of the really bad stuff happens while you're there.
>>
File: Lu6lvwr.jpg (31KB, 399x299px) Image search: [Google]
Lu6lvwr.jpg
31KB, 399x299px
>>51379835
You want me to be honest? See >>51379876 and >>51379879. At this point it feels like I just cause shit and drama by existing or posting, and without noticeable progress on something then it doesn't feel worth it to post just to have people shitting down my throat for Bayonetta or MCU or whatever the target de jour of the week is, or to be beholden to standards that miraculously never apply to anyone else. It doesn't feel worth it to post when even drama surrounding me has caused four jumpmakers to leave this place.

Coupled with this semester being harder than the last one, I see no need to post useless builds which are beholden to those same double standards, or speak without giving results. I'm not even allowed to make rules on my own jumps without getting reamed out, and we've all seen what happens if I dare to entertain the idea of talking about someone else's jump.

Am I still working on things? Yes. Is it fast? Between being disillusioned by this community and my lack of motivation, no it is not going fast. But it is going.

It will be what it will be.
>>
>>51380684
>Captain Falcon
>being bound by your concepts of sexual orientation

Captain Falcon fucks who and what he wants, he's not going to let something like what shape their crotch is stop him.
>>
>>51380586
When I started lurking on /jc/ about 2 years ago, which was my first and still only experience with 4chan, I heard about mainly 2 things. Bancho used to be really awful and shitstorms used to last several threads. I didn't know what a shitstorm was, and none came up when I was in thread for several months. And then a few happened over trivial things or SB or some other crap. Then I started coming here more frequently. Guess how many shitstorms I've read through? Too many to count. Guess how many I just decided to skip entirely? Over 20. Salt deserves its place in the joke section.
>>
>>51380703
The shitstorms have always been there, because tribalism is a running theme in this community and it extends down into sub groups within this community. The difference was that in the past when shitstorms came up there were jumps posted to equalize. Now we have less jumps and the shitposting has remained the same, so it feels like there's more shitposting.
>>
>>51380626
I'm mostly looking to do the bare minimum necessary to get out alive. I don't care about promotions or stuff like that.
So i'm definitely keeping my head down.
>>51380639
I can take 10 years of paperwork, petty bureaucracy, asskissing and bribery if come out of it alive and with a sidereal exaltation.

>>51380667
Hm. Well, there's always a risk i guess. I am taking the full set of 8 companions, so i shouldn't be completely helpless. Not to mention that Exalted generally manage these things without outside context powers anyway.
>>51380688
Sounds like the risk is at least acceptable. I'll take the chance.
>>
>>51380693
Red, the only drama I'm aware of isn't caused by you, it's caused by the shitposter.
>>
>>51380693
Well it's good to see you're still around.
>>
>>51380693
>>51380845
Yup. Shitposter is the one causing drama and making jumpmakers leave. You're just normal jumpmaker, much less drama prone than Banchô and SJ for instance.
>>
>>51380324
You've got this all figured out. Metallia will indeed, be a threat. Especially becuase she also won't be happy that one of her generals betrayed her.

Just make sure that she doesn't find a new body to inhabit in order to kill her. It's entirely possible to kill Metallia through the Silver Crystal, but only after being weakened by you.
>>
>>51379579
>Thrown Roses
>These projectiles can be anything

>Sufficiently strong jumper throws pianos at people with pinpoint accuracy
>>
>>51380898
given that we can already buy silver millenium tech what are you going to use as a scenario reward?
>>
>>51380693
respectfully red you are to strong a woman to let the Shitposter Be the victor on this one,So please know we are pulling for you.
>>
>>51380419
Eating lunch so I may be a bit sporadic on my answers' timing. As for tech level, non-Genius work is modern up to date with the real world of that era. Genii seem to top out at five dots of Axioms, mostly city leveling bombs time/division level scanning devices Inspired AI and orbital defense platforms able to stop city leveling attacks. On average personal level damage is slightly more dangerous or protective than whatever the modern firearm/weapon/protective vestment is at the baselevel and they scale up.
>>
File: IMG_0320.jpg (68KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0320.jpg
68KB, 480x640px
In Skyrim jump does one still require an empty hand to cast magic? Or can we go back to Morrowind/Oblivion where the spell could be cast with weapon in hand?
>>
>>51380970

>Pianos
>Not Pies

It's like you have no sense of humor.
>>
>>51380693
Don't let the shitposters control what you do.
Somebody's always gonna be a little pissy crybaby bitch.
Just ignore the obvious REEEEing.
>>
>>51381050
I think these are just game mechanics. I mean, you can apply them to the jumps if you want to, but I've always ignored stuff like that.
>>
File: IMG_0349.jpg (48KB, 936x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0349.jpg
48KB, 936x510px
>>51381053
>Pies
>Not rubber chickens
>>
>>51380970
That would be funny to deal with, especially since they don't kill someone if you apply the perk to the projectiles. So you throw a piano at someone and they walk away unharmed.

>>51380973
The 800 CP will be changed to a scenario reward. Also the drawback limit becomes 2000 CP if you take the scenario as well.
>>
Are there perks that let you make geas, prophecies, or give power to specific wordings?
>>
>>51380693
I really hope you don't let the shitposters push you away completely. I liked reading your builds and getting updates on the Jumps you were making, and it saddens me that you feel like you can't offer opinions on other Jumps.

But I know how stressful school can be, so I know that's not helping the whole situation.

Just know that you've got a lot of people who look forward to your name popping up. Shitposters be damned.
>>
File: tumblr_oj69jk2pX41vs2w6ho3_1280.jpg (385KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj69jk2pX41vs2w6ho3_1280.jpg
385KB, 960x1280px
>>51381069
>>51380845
>>51380894
It's funny you say that because by then a great deal of people would be called 'shitposters'. Because at this point it feels like my jumpmaking is controlled by the all-pervasive meta that's in this place. Including such phrases as:

>we need a bigger drawback limit, I can't afford all this
>this option is way cheaper in [insert setting here], it shouldn't be expensive here
>this option isn't as impressive, you can get better elsewhere, why is it so shitty?
>you need to give us +0CP drawbacks for [insert whatever time extension/canon-ignoring option/something here]

Canon scale isn't really paid attention to anymore. Unless it helps you with some options in the Exalted/Fate/Worm/other wanking, or it lets you add to the biggatons game, nobody cares about canon. Nobody cares about a jump being balanced within its own setting. It's all about the meta game.

Maybe MCU2 will cave to this meta desire that seems to entice people. Maybe it won't. I don't know yet. But it can hardly be laid at the hands of one person. ...or maybe it could. I was hardly one to keep up with the times, after all.

We'll see what the future brings. For now, there's work to be done IRL. Apologies for whining.
>>
>>51380693
Red, I'm not going to force you to stay. Shitposter's been having an adverse effect on you, I can tell, so do whatever you wish to help yourself. It's not selfish to prioritize yourself in a situation like this.

And to put up with shitposter of all people is a lot easier said than done. But do know that he's and everyone else pushing this hate for you is probably an incredibly pathetic loser who has nothing good going for them in life, compared to you.
>>
>>51380693
You are a quality contributor Red, please don't be discouraged. Hell you were banned for a quality, helpful comment. Overwhelming majority of people here like you and/or your work don't let one crazy guy and a few occasional flamers fool you.
>>
>>51381050
I grabbed motionless magic from Harry Potter, so i never thought about it.
>>
>>51379579
Can the range of energy sense be expanded eventually?
>>
>>51380366
Even, like, bath salts and other products of acid-base neutralization besides just NaCl?
>>
File: c9f0f5e59f68578c5270f0e4f6eba4f7.jpg (110KB, 736x1607px) Image search: [Google]
c9f0f5e59f68578c5270f0e4f6eba4f7.jpg
110KB, 736x1607px
Jump # 192 Commorragh
Starting Location: Corespur
Gender (almost put starting gender): Female
Background: Drop In

Perks:
(Free perks refused)
*Resistance (0)
*Warriors Instinct (100)
*Pre-fall science (600)

Equipment
*Crucible of Malediction (300)

And so I arrived in hell. My sense were immediately assaulted by vile, sights, smells, sounds and acts. My stomach loosed its contents upon already soiled pavement. Something burned within me… a fire… a rage. If I have ever known hatred it was here and now, pure and true. Visions of setting off some massive weapon of destruction and erasing this place danced through my head.

I wiped my mouth off, got up and began to look for shelter. This place was huge, a twisted labyrinth of madness. I needed to plot my next move and avoid the residents before they decide to put me to use as their entertainment.

That fire that burned within me grew hotter as I saw the world around me. I had no problem with hedonism… however what I saw was violation. My heart sank as I saw two groups of beings the irredeemable, already too far gone and the broken, slaves who’s spirits had been amputated to the point all they could feel was pain.

I could escape, find somewhere else to spend 10 years, it wouldn’t even be hard…

I could leave these people to their fate… these mutilated slaves. They were so fare gone they couldn’t be saved…

With that I finished lying to myself. I knew what I had to do. It would likely cost me everything but if I didn’t, did I really deserve any of it?
>>
>>51381427
>>51381427
Plans started to form, I would create a dimension portal out of here and find a way to get back in. I steal and smuggle as many slaves out of here as I could hopefully rehabilitating those I could to go get help, send word to the imperium… to someone. The odds of my survival were infinitely low. However if I helped a few people saved them from these butchers, maybe that was enough. There was always the Black Hole bomb which had only been theoretical before. IT would make a suitable last stand if need me.

With that I turned back around to face my greatest foe, an entire twisted dimension of madness and pain… this was either going to be a long or a short 10 years.

9 years, 11 months, and 23 hours, and 52 minutes later.

I stood beside my companions where it had all begun. It had been nothing less than a war on the very heart of the city and everything it stood for. I gave as good as I got, suffered wounds, losses. An entire rebellion broken but in the end I still stood unconquered amongst the filth and depravity. My wives at my side each put their hands on my shoulder for support as I gave the city one last baleful gaze as if to obliterate it through sheer will and hatred alone.

Many had been saved do to my actions. I had even freed the soul of an Eldar who had been trapped and tortured for thousands of years and gave him a new body and healed is mind. In the end I may not have been able to declare victory but neither could the city. For I fought on my terms and got up every time it knocked me down

(to be continued)
>>
>>51381216
People misinterpret the notion of designing a system around what the setting offers for making a system to cater their personal needs. On top of this, most people don't bother trying to innovate, they just take whatever is considered an accepted norm and they think sticking it in will magically make the jump better. The more people that do this, the more that notion is reinforced. It happened with your capstone boosters, it happened with your customization tables, and eventually people stopped thinking about why and where these should be implemented and defaulted to a jump needing them to reflect the setting. Scenarios are probably the most notorious place where this has happened, since people seem to suggest them nowadays thinking they should just be slapped on with rewards.

The more people that believe in slapping things on arbitrarily, the more reinforced the idea that they're absolutely necessary becomes. There isn't much we can do to change it, since simpler jumps nowadays are seen as not meeting the bar, and telling other jumpmakers what should be done only stirs up more controversy.
>>
>>51381453
Rick told me the Black hole bomb was set from behind me. Akitsu asked me if I really thought it would get all of this place. I sadly shook my head and explained it was likely too big. However It would get enough of it to end this place. The outskirts may survive but at least Cammorragh will be dead. With the timer set to end just a few minutes after my jump ended, We left Cammorragh one last time.

I may not have been able to declare victory, I may not have saved everyone, but I was leaving on my own terms. In the end, that counts for something.
>>
>>51381216
>Canon scale isn't really paid attention to anymore

I have to disagree. What recent jumps enforce this belief?
>>
>>51381496
A shit-ton of jumps that take place in mundane settings include perks that are more-than-mundane.
>>
>>51381216
It's hardly anyone's fault the our resident That Guys and our visitors from SB can't understand the concept of staying true to canon. It's innate to their being.
I imagine it's because they don't see the settings as awesome things by themselves.

But you'll never change that in some people. And they'll likely stay here forever, just like the rest of us.
So we just have to roll with it, explain to them why they're wrong, and carry on.

And on the other side, there's nothing wrong with high-level settings either. That's just the way things are. Generic Medical Drama is on the same drive as Overlord. And that's fine, as long as they're true to the settings.
>>
>>51381216
I'm inclined to agree with you, Red. I have difficulties saying "no", but people kept asking me why the time stop item in Sailor Moon was so shitty when time stop in Sailor Moon canon has really adverse effects and is outright forbidden.

I felt really bad for even having to adhere to canon rules, even.
>>
File: IMG_0254.jpg (386KB, 1280x1693px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0254.jpg
386KB, 1280x1693px
>>51381281
There's no motionless magic in HP. There's non-verbal & wandless. Maybe that's what you meant about motionless?
>>
>>51381604
>And on the other side, there's nothing wrong with high-level settings either.
Gr8 b8, m8.
>>
>>51381612
What I'm trying to say is that there's a grain to truth to your statement, Red.
>>
>>51381602
Not that anon, but would you care to point out a recent one?

The only ones I can think of that do that are Great Detective and Razzle Dazzle.

>>51381637
Some settings are simply have higher power levels than others, anon.
Do you think every jump should be about working as a janitor, or should have a power armor option, or something?
>>
>>51381637
Hint: When people actually care about an issue, they explain their points of view. When they're just playing both sides to shitpost, they shitpost.
>>
So, nobody will care about this, but here are some interesting facts for Sinanju in the Wuxia jump that I learned while flipping through sites that talk about the books, and a roleplaying question I want to ask you guys:

Apparently, reference is made in some of the books that sufficient development of Sinanju restructures your nervous system. As a side effect of this, consuming stuff like red meat and caffeine can literally kill you after a certain point... Which doesn't make much sense when you consider that Remo and Chiun also have techniques to flush poisons out of their systems, except when they suddenly can't do that for dramatic tension. The books apparently have a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense if you comb through them, but I digress.

We can probably assume that, since it isn't mentioned at all in the jump, that this doesn't apply to the purchasable version. However, I think it makes a really good in-universe explanation for the Ascetic drawback, which I also took. As a result of this blatant wankery, I want to come up with a way to justify to myself why this no longer applies to me after I leave the jump, besides "Jumpchan did it." Anyone have any good ideas? The best ones I can come up with are saying that I found a way to use Metavore to cheat the system, or that the whole "jumping and getting a new body" thing altered my chi somehow.
>>
>>51381413
>Jumper gets infinite bath salt
Finally, we can have the face-eating chain we've so strongly desired.
>>
>>51381718
There are many details within the Wuxia jump that were never brought up largely because people have no clue about the various settings to begin with, so the descriptions are taken at face value. There's no point bringing up the drawbacks anymore because it's been so long since the jump was established, so really any reason to hand-wave it will work, even just by CP fiat if necessary.
>>
>>51381718
>use Metavore to cheat the system
Second best perk in all of Jumpchain.
Go with that.
Some jumpers only eat cheetos, candy bars and soda, did you know that?
>>
Love how nobody pointed out the fact that double standards were brought up, or were commented on.
>>
>>51381612
>kept asking me
Sorry, but what? Going through the archive, the only time it was even brought up was when you posted the item descrption, and the reaction was extremely mild.
>>
>>51381718
What -can't- a Sinanju user do?
I think I read somewhere they can flip over tanks. Is that true?
>>
>>51381813
Huh. Maybe I remember it differently. If so, then I apologize. I'm a touch sensitive at times. Although I'm getting better at saying no.
>>
>>51381829
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinanju_(martial_art)
Sinanju, in its setting, was made to be the pinnacle of martial arts.
>>
>>51381804
Love how you clearly realise whatever point you're trying to make is so irrelevant you can't be bothered to explain what you're even talking about.
>>
>>51381718
Why does it take a spark to power a jumper? Because they carry a hundred different settings worth of physics, magics, and miscellaneous rules that usually only apply in their own multiverse. It's even memetic. You can teach people how to circumvent the rules of their own reality and apply a different set (or mix) of rules.

Anyway, that's how I justify all the crazy interactions. Getting your spark means you have to put your big boy pants on and take over the huge conglomeration of settings you are dragging around with you.
>>
>>51381829
I think it can do pretty much whatever the plot needs it to, but then suddenly forget they can do that when the plot requires it. The idea I'm getting is that it can do anything that you could justify via "superhuman martial arts." Like, apparently, one example of Remo's training was to run so fast that he kept running up the wall, across the ceiling, and down the other wall. Also, he's dodging knives while he does this.

In setting, it'll make you pretty much unkillable unless you run into another master with a Mystical Martial Art, but it'll still get stomped hard by mid-tier shonen bullshit.

So yeah, Sinanju is totally competitive with Deja Fu, it's just a breadth focus compared to Deja Fu's depth.
>>
>>51378482
>In hero bbs, as a demon lord
I thought you were a Demon Lord who was summoned as a hero, so you are the good guy. Did you take the "church declares you a heretic" drawback, so now you get to kick their ass and have history remember them as the Evil Empire?
>>
>>51381804
There are no double-standards in /jc/.

You're delusional.
>>
>>51381804
What exactly, pray tell, are you talking about? Do you know what a double-standard even is?
>>
File: maybe just go away.jpg (72KB, 537x399px) Image search: [Google]
maybe just go away.jpg
72KB, 537x399px
>>51381216
Wow, your life must be truly awful.
>>
>>51382265
Some people are just too weak.
>>
>>51378512
It is not on the Drive because no one uploaded to the drive. I had tried to get the backlog taken care of, but apparently this one got missed.

Echoanon is the jumpmaker, shared it for some feedback on it Nov 30, 2016. I do not know if he made a newer version based on the feedback or not.

Added to the drive so it does not vanish when 4plebs purges old files. Echoanon is still active here, so if there is it can just be swapped with the newer version.
>>
>>51382265
There have been literal studies that Cyberbullying does have an adverse effect on people. I don't have links to said sources because they're behind academic paywalls but jsyk, I did a paper on the subject and it does exist. So pipe down.

I'm not interested in a "debate", but your point is literal bullshit.
>>
>>51381094
Could we get the option to choose between the reward and the 800cp? Because depending on the final product/jump I might go with the latter. I'm going to need a lot of CP for this one.
>>
>>51381413
>>51381739
We already have endless drug items.
So you can have Bath Salts (the actual stuff you put in water before a bath)
and 'Bath Salts' (slang for some drug)
Does not bother me.
Like that demon in In Nomine who has authority over SPAM, in every sense of the word.
>>
>>51382413
The reward is the 800 CP in the next update, anon.
>>
>>51382419
Even magical salts if you go to the respective jump? Frost salts? Void salts? Maybe limit it to mundane salts, senpai.
>>
>>51382354
Another anon here, but I think that only counts for people who spend most of their time on social media like facebook or co. They would get affected by cyberbullying because they can't/don't want to quit, and it likely has a bigger effect on them because it is "public". You can't tell tell me though that anyone claiming to get bullied on 4chan isn't a faggot.
>>
>>51382463
does the scenario(and the jump) end after you beat metallia in the past or do you have to continue till present day?
>>
>>51382526
>You can't tell tell me though that anyone claiming to get bullied on 4chan isn't a faggot.
According to every single person polled, cyberbully victims on 4chan were faggots.
>>
>>51382526
People on /tg/ tend to be a lot more sheltered than the rest of 4chan, and this community even more so, because it's easier to feel invested in this community. Once you're invested leaving isn't that easy anymore, and it isn't so easy to just turn your back on things that you'd otherwise not care about. We also tend to have more namefags so there's more targets to aim at.
>>
>>51382543
I'm planning to have it continue in the present day, ending around the same year the jump would have ended if you didn't take the scenario, because you still have to fight Usagi's other enemies. Chaos is still out there and kicking.
>>
>>51382265
>>51382317
You think she'd get the hint by now that we don't want her around. Guess we need to keep it up.

After all, we have better jumpmakers now.
>>
File: warning.png (210KB, 650x1658px) Image search: [Google]
warning.png
210KB, 650x1658px
>>
>>51382585
I can't help but agree. As someone coming from /a/, I've found that people in this thread get offended rather easily if you communicate like the average 4chan user. Most likely because I've never really seen more than 100 IPs in here, so it's become something of a forum of its own. Add copious amounts of trigfags, which are sadly necesary, and you've got a hotpot of emotion and drama.
>>
>>51382705
We can do that by getting rid of the tripfag that's causing the most drama so we can get back to what's important.

>>51382698
>hurr durr let me spam to accuse of le shitposter
Speaking the truth isn't shitposting, and it's fairly obvious there's enough people that feel that way. This is just what happens when a tripfag gets an overinflated ego and wants others to pay attention to them by trying to guilt-trip the community.

Meta isn't bad. People who keep trying to control the community to keep being popular in an imagination game is bad. If cheaper and stronger options are what we want, it is the jumpmaker's duty to cater to those desires. Who cares if people want to be better? Who cares if we want to break canon? Our story is more important than the setting's story, and recent jumps have proven that it isn't a bad thing. We get more fun options that way.

Let's all move along, people. Let's not let a tripfag's whiny cryfest derail our topics.
>>
>>51382787
I'm sorry, but is that your opinion, or is this Satire? Because that entire middle paragraph seems like what I would say if I was trying to create a strawman.
>>
>>51382787
>We can do that by getting rid of the tripfag that's causing the most drama so we can get back to what's important.
Man, at this point you might as well use a trip yourself. You are always posting the same shit, in the same style. I wouldn't mind if you just told people to kill themselves, but no, you must pretend you have legitimate arguments.
>>
>>51382835
Just more shit-stirring bait.
>>
>>51382835
Like what you would say? English, are you the shitposter?
>>
>>51380285
>For DC Occult, if you don't take Real Magic, how does the power from Dimension Lord manifest?
Real Magic just means you have had formal training in you magic. Which means you can use the power you have better and more efficiently. A Dimension Lord without it would probably manifest their magic through a wishcraft/willworking 'Think what you want to happen, and it happens.' thing.
>>
>>51382835
Look at our Comedy jump and tell me /jc/ is capable of humor.
>>
>>51382705
4chan culture frowns on tripfagging, and it always has. Attention whoring, shilling, and all of that done anywhere else, and you're asking to get slaughtered. So it doesn't help when you get other people who came from other boards or even elsewhere in /tg/ with that mentality.

Tripfagging used to not be really necessary. People would argue that it's necessary for rulings or for people to know who made the jump, but all of that could really just have been done through the pdf documents. People used to not tripfag until they had a large portfolio of jumps, nowadays we see people make one jump and feel like they need to tripfag in order to make official statements.

It's too late to change that part now, since tripfagging in this thread is the norm. 4chan vets have seen time and time again the popularity contests that show up in generals with tripfags, this place was never going to avoid it, especially not when the tripfags make content that people critique on. So people will like some content more than others and try to drum support for it, some people will hate the work of others and try to get others to shit on it. But popularity contests, whether in jest or taken seriously, always leads to drama, and drama leads to shitposting. It's in this way that the community makes its own bed, even if some people don't want to lie in it.

If people could accept it and just move on that'd be fine, but for a lot of people it doesn't happen, because they have an idealized perception of what this community is and it's hard to accept otherwise. We like to say that /jc/ is a good example of what 4chan is good for, but it really isn't a good example of what 4chan is.
>>
>>51382876
Of course English is.
So am I.
So are you.
We are all the shitposter.
Because there's only me and you in here.
And I'm also you.
>>
>>51382835
Consider that our community has surged in number once everyone stopped giving a shit about forcing us to stay within the confines of a canon's setting, and I think you can tell that I am being very serious. Why do you think everyone wants tables for importing ships to make their LoT or Asgerd bigger? Why do you think people keep asking for item budgets? They don't want to stick to canon, they want to be better than canon.

Once again, this isn't a bad thing. You'll note we get more discussion once jumpmakers give people what they want.

>>51382858
If you look at the feedback given to jumpmakers, they are absolutely legitimate arguments. Why do you think Generic Xianxia got accepted with that infinite time drawback? It wouldn't have been accepted if it was hated, you know. Yet it's on the drive.

>>51382893
It's too late to get rid of tripfagging, but at least that makes it easier to get rid of the problem children in this place.
>>
>>51382612
Can Energy Sense be improved over time, or is the large-scale limit static?
>>
>>51382876
Of course not. I would have cited Generic Xianxia and Sword of Polaris as reasons why Red is a Nerfherder for not having being a new Chaos God as a 1000 CP Capstone Booster.
>>51382887
Touche.
>>
File: THE FUN STOPS HERE.jpg (429KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
THE FUN STOPS HERE.jpg
429KB, 1440x1080px
>>51382973
God even posting it ironically is going to cause stupid shit
>>
>>51382973
Now that's just being stupid. That seems better as a scenario reward.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (30KB, 361x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
30KB, 361x200px
>>51383011
Good point.
>>
>>51382585
This is the real problem. These threads are extremely insular and thin-skinned when it comes to shitposting. It's not even the namefagging that's the problem because there are plenty of other namefags on 4chan that catch shit. But unlike other boards, such as /a/ or /v/, people here tend to take everything seriously and every shitpost as a personal slight against their ideologies. They become incredibly invested in every single argument and jumpmakers especially seem to completely lose the ability to discern the difference between somebody genuinely arguing for something and somebody just giving them shit. In any other communities on 4chan that kind of shitposting would be met with insulting image macros and counter-shitposting. But here it explodes into massive hurricanes of shit that last for literally hours.

It's honestly no wonder why shitposter-kun is so active here. This is basically Heaven where he can drink up all the (You)'s he could ever want without even having to put forth any effort to get people mad. They get mad on their own no matter what he says. Even years-old bait loses none of its effectiveness.
>>
File: 1480313139916.jpg (404KB, 960x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1480313139916.jpg
404KB, 960x1150px
So we're doing this again?...do people even read the last few jumps that came out outside from the controversial ones? I really liked Ogre Battle, too...

Anyways, the Nanoha update is nearing completion. Ancilla did most of the legwork already and I'm just filling in the skeleton. Should be up next thread assuming I don't pass out.
>>
>>51382973
>new Chaos God as a 1000 CP Capstone Booster.
It should be FREE, goddamnit! For all Origins.
And then you get to pick which Chaos God(s) you want to be your servants.
>>
Would the Foundation be willing to even consider taking tech from an SCP? Because I figure giving them new tech could only help their cause, but at the same time, if I did, no matter my background I'd be looked at the same way the Foundation usually looks at such strange things. So I might as well just start out as an SCP.
>>
>>51383052
I'm saving that image. Also, good job!
>>
>>51382893
It's the inevitable fate of all generals. /jc/ has been able to avoid a lot of it because of all those jumps being pumped out, but in the end there's still only so many times you can repeat the same question, or have the same arguments.
I've been only actively following /jc/ for about 100 threads and I'm at a point where I can predict how 90% of the discussion here will go, simply because most of it is rehashed.
And as for the tripfags, it's the same story as with fansubbers and the like. People do stuff like that because they want the recognition and the gratitude. It's not a bad thing either, because otherwise there'd be no content, but you've got to realize that.
It's my opinion that I'd rather have a hundred tripfags making lots of jumps and new content rather than none at all and a lack of content. After all, I can always leave the thread, but jumps are forever.
>>
>>51383052
>Nanoha update is nearing completion
So I'll be able to befriend people by nuking then soon?
>>
>>51380456
>no companions Can't take any complications
Companions not taking companions options is standard, but let them do stuff like being a Rainmaker kid and taking The Price of Power.
>>
>>51383115
>Companions not taking companions options is standard

It's standard, but it's absolutely asinine and should not be a choice in the hands of the jumpmaker.
>>
>>51379579
What does it mean when teleport says they had to teleport "across the planets" for the relevant perk? It sounds like interplanetary travel, but the range-limit is less than the diameter of the Earth.
>>
>>51383115
>Companions not taking companions options is standard, but let them do stuff like being a Rainmaker kid and taking The Price of Power.

rainmaker kid is not a drawback,it's a Power. the price of power is a Balancing mechanic.
>>
>>51383077
They're cautious, because they've been burned before, and as far as they can tell, they're the only ones who know how to care for humanity and anomolies right.

Some groups create anomalies, some destroy them, some buy and sell, some worship them, and some want to spread the truth to every human on the planet.

And none of those groups cares about the consequences of their actions.
Except for the Foundation. They're the only ones trying to maintain the status quo.

If that means taking tech from something that seems like a SCP, so be it.
They've reverse-engineered all of their cool shit from SCPs, after all.
>>
>>51382948
I want to say yes, if only because I believe it was possible in-canon to sense space time distortions happening at the edge of the solar system iirc

It would take a while, but that's doable.
>>
>>51383052
>So we're doing this again?
It's funny because every time I bring this argument up, I'm never proven wrong.

They'll scream at me. They'll call me a shitposter. They'll make death threats. But in the end my arguments are right, and recent jumps are my proof. I for one welcome this new direction the community has been going, we're really getting some fun options now.
>>
>>51382893
>need to tripfag in order to make official statements
They kind of DO, so you, so the ruling can be found later when the issue comes up again. Asking them to update the jump pdf every time a question is answered is not feasible.
>>
>>51382893
>4chan culture frowns on tripfagging
It frowns on useless tripfagging. Most of the tripfags around aren't being huge faggots about it, but they could post without them when they aren't discussing their own jumps/chains.

>>51383111
This, desu. There are lots of jumps that won't end up in my chain, because I don't like how they were written, or the powerlevel, or any number of reasons. I don't go after the jumpmaker, or comment about it, unless they're posting WIPs for opinions.
>>
>>51383052
>Jumpmaker indirectly confirms Sayaka a best
>All builds besides spending all your points on purchasing multiple Sayakas confirmed inferior
Why is the jump so unbalanced? You need to give an extra 3000 CP to people who don't buy Sayaka just to even things out.
>>
>>51383172
to sense space time distortions happening at the edge of the solar system iirc so it's not that ridiculous to think that one could sense energy past the size of a city.

Although the time needed to extend it would be more than two years, I can say that.
>>
>>51383077
Aside from >>51383152 they also occasionally use safe and euclid SCPs for things other than experiments.However usually only high-ranking individuals get to handle them.
>>
File: 1463936709046.jpg (68KB, 177x219px) Image search: [Google]
1463936709046.jpg
68KB, 177x219px
>>51383175
And I still don't care. Imagine that.
>>51383203
Sayaka now costs double the companion price because she is best meguca, and is thus OP for a standard chain.

We here at Riot Heavens Games are here to provide the best possible experience. Stay tuned for arbitrary fiat nerfs, hardcaps, and tea removal.
>>
>>51383209
Hey, is the stealth perk supposed to be free to guardians? It's only discounted to them, but every other origin gets both of their 100 CP perks free.
>>
>>51383052
Ogre Battle was good. I quite enjoyed it. But I'm shy, and don't post builds, so there's not much for me to say about it other than "I really like how this is formatted, the options are cool, and it's making me want to replay the game".
>>
>>51383240
Heavensanon best waifu
>>
>>51383152
>>51383224
Right. So before they'd be willing to accept my tech help, they'd have to "trust" me, at least in the sense that they believe I won't fuck them over somehow. I'll work on that, thanks anons.
>>
>>51383245
Yes, it's supposed to be free. Thank you for catching that, I did not even notice it until you pointed it out.
>>
>>51382509
I was not considering that at all. Does that stuff actually exist, or are those made up examples?
The only thing I would have thought salt would have been enchanted for would be to make it even better at repelling/containing spirits, which this item perk was intended for, so that would be the salts updating to the best version jumper has encountered, which many tech items already do.

And getting bath salts the street drug from the salt perk was just funny.
>>
>>51383280
I'd let my moon be shattered by him, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>51383298
They're alchemical reagents in TES, I believe.
>>
>>51383184
This was the original justification for tripfagging. It was a very weak justification, even at the time, because the vast majority of jumps that were made were only brought up once or twice over the span of dozens if not hundreds of threads. The notion of having to update the jump pdf every time a question was answered simply never came up, but the tripfagging stayed behind. This problem was something the thread recognized very well even before we hit 100 or so jumps, because the thread discussion revolved around the same few jumps even back then.

>>51383111
Rehashing happens because it works. You get some people who feel like they need to keep the thread moving, and if they have nothing to do, there's a good chance they end up shitposting just to raise a fuss. In the early days we had a steady stream of content coming through at regular intervals, but nowadays we don't have that. If you cut out the shitposting, the threads now would be pretty slow in comparison to the past. Just consider, when was the last time this thread saw a major explosion of jumps (like 7 to 10 jumps) dumped in at once?

>>51383048
Jumpmakers often feel an obligation to address everything, because if they don't they end up being crucified later for it. This gets taken to the extreme with time, until you eventually hit the point where they just don't care anymore. But the thing is, there's probably only one or two jumpmakers who exclusively make things for themselves or for one or two people, so that implies everyone else caters to a wider audience. If you cater to a wider audience and a lot of that audience is anonymous, it becomes difficult to ignore part of that anonymous audience, especially if the audience is smart enough to frame things deceptively.
>>
>>51383280
>Not Worm
Shit taste anon
>>
>>51383175

You sound a bit like a conspiracy theorist with the "no, I'm right, everyone else is wrong!" stuff. I don't think the community's low standards are really proving your point.
>>
>>51383298
I believe he's referring to the Elder Scrolls setting, where magical salts can be harvested from the bodies of extradimensional beings. "Salt" refers not just to table salt but a wide category of metallic compounds. While the term has mostly fallen out of common use (outside of some specialized fields like electrochemistry), it's pretty common in archaic chemistry texts and so has an alchemical feel to it. That's probably what the Elder Scrolls is referring to when it calls the stuff you harvest from fire atronachs "flame salt", not that it's ordinary salt imbued with fire magic.
>>
>>51383366
The more you know!
>>
>>51383366
Eh? Not him, but people refer to salt in the "ionic compound" sense in general chemistry and beyond.
>>
>>51383298
So, Unlimited Salt Works is a go?
>>
>>51383400
Yes, but in my experience the term is actually used pretty rarely. You'll see it in texts still, but most of the chemists I know won't refer to ionic compounds as salts unless they're referring to some specific uses of salt, like in redox reactions.
>>
File: Sayaka_alt_hairstyle_glasses.jpg (457KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sayaka_alt_hairstyle_glasses.jpg
457KB, 1600x1200px
>>51383240
Alright, I guess I'll drop Golden Grace and Enhanced Strength.
>>
>>51383455
Heavens, the nerfs are insufficient.

You have to triple the price and personally punch anyone who buys her in the genitals.
>>
File: 1473103609485.gif (981KB, 250x205px) Image search: [Google]
1473103609485.gif
981KB, 250x205px
>>51383502
But then I'd have to punch myself in the balls, anon. I'm not THAT masochistic!
>>
File: Sayaka1ep5.png (2MB, 1270x1560px) Image search: [Google]
Sayaka1ep5.png
2MB, 1270x1560px
>>51383502
I'll take Compulsive Eater and But That’s Forbidden Love! then. And I'll also wear a Pelvic Protector.
>>
>>51383529
>I'm not THAT masochistic!
Then why are you making jumps?

You staggeringly colossal baka!
>>
File: Shauntae.png (178KB, 480x655px) Image search: [Google]
Shauntae.png
178KB, 480x655px
>>51383052
>>51383240
>>51383529

Magical Mounds
>>
>>51383597
>No Shauntae jump
How has no one done this yet? Her and her butt wiggle are too cute!
>>
>>51383052
Remember, sleep is the enemy.
>>
>>51383620
You just volunteered MagicalAnon
>>
>>51383663
I haven't played any of the games though.

But if you tell me to, I'll make a jump of a setting that I have no knowledge of. It'll be bad and it'll be all your fault.
>>
>>51383679
Buy and play the games. Make the Jumps. If you want the wiggle you have to work for it.
>>
>>51383679
There are playthroughs online, sempai.
>>
>>51383679
Just make sure to offer lots of power and it'll be fine.
>>
>>51380067
The Glorious Vault if you take the invisible text into account.
>>
File: Gonna_Die_Like_I_Lived.gif (532KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gonna_Die_Like_I_Lived.gif
532KB, 500x400px
>>51383260
Thanks Anon. I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

I don't mind it not getting a lot of recognition. I've learned to write Jumps because I want to, not to try and garner a bunch of fame for myself. If a few people post builds or offer a compliment, that's enough for me.
>>
File: Dante_07-1.jpg (64KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dante_07-1.jpg
64KB, 400x500px
>>51381427
Jump # 193 Vampire Diaries
Starting Location: Mystic Falls New Orleans
Background: Drop In (0) for the sake of my sanity

Perks:
*Hunting Skills (0)
*Vampire Stats (100)
*Everlasting Blessing (300)
*Magic Resistance (600)

(I have no idea what’s going on so here. So this is going to be interesting.)

So… to was so good to be out of Commorragh. The first thing I did was kissed the ground. It got me some strange looks but seriously if they had just been through what I had been through they would probably be doing worse.

I decided to get my band back together. I actually tried to train my sister from Infinite stratos… despite the name Melody… she isn’t very musically inclined but I am working with her. I had spared her my last jump so she was a bit worried about me for a while picking up on that she missed a jump. I also started training my Sister’s from Nechronica, I really am developing a large family.

While hanging around town I heard of animal attacks, of course I noticed they weren’t. I discovered there were a couple of vampires in town, one was a creep the other was decent enough. I offered them both Plasma Fruit. The one took it, the other asked why I he should stop hunting humans. I beat him near unconscious, shoved a plastic steak through his chest, just missing his heart and spine and told him that was why.

He agreed it was a good reason. He decided to take the fruit.

I didn’t feel like doing the teenage thing really so I let most of the plot go and mainly hung out with my companions unless supernatural creatures showed up and started praying on humans in which case I either convinced them to stop or if killed them. I had to reign a few people in some times when they lost control and I did have people come to me for help, whom I would the best of my ability.

I actually got my band going pretty well, we didn’t tour sticking mostly to local clubs.
>>
>>51383885
>Vampire Diaries
Have you no sense of decency?
>>
>>51383950
Well at least he didn't go for True Immortal or Tribrid.
>>
>>51383950
No, however I ask people for suggestions for jumps and then roll to decide the order I take them. So you can't blame me for this.
>>
>>51383420
Just grab Pat as a companion from the Youtube Jump.
>>
>>51383991
If you really want a fuckboi I guess.
>>
>>51383290
hey, I noticed that you can't import clothing or choose its color in Sailor Moon anymore, is there a reason for this? importing my coat is kind of how I got my signature look
>>
>>51384196
He's doing you a favor by not offering that, your signature look is atrocious.
>>
>>51384223
Yes, and? I never said it was good, only that I liked it. as a pseudo-Edge Lord I require nothing less thanthe blackest black
>>
>>51384264
Can't you just make it black yourself?
>>
>>51384264
I'm saying that you shouldn't wear it, and it's for your own good that it's been taken away.
>>
Why is U'kon G'rai from the City of Heroes jump so expensive? Is there a companion more expensive than 800cp?
>>
>>51384279
That's going to be very hard considering the diverse array of materials and how God damn black . They need to be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JNc6NAsf4U

>>51384298
It's one of my jumper's Primary motifs,and it doesn't get rid of it so much as change its color.
>>
>>51383455
>Sayaka with twintails
OKAY THEN
>>
>>51383351
I believe when Alternative was on he said something along the lines of 'three or four people talking to themselves, some folks with names and little else' or something to that effect. So there are multiple shitposters and they all are just running for easy stuff to stab, because, I'm guessing here, the rest of 4chan is too thick skinned for that kind of stupid shit to work. Jumpmakers like Gaunlet come around and only start using names to individualize themselves and help others give direct feedback, from what I've read of the Archive he (she?) only took up a Trip when someone else started using their name.
As an aside I do apologize rehashing this, as it isn't conductive of the board but I wanted to get my views out.
Has anyone started a Ronin Warriors Jump yet? Not It!

>>51384264
Bancho there's no pseudo to it.
>>
>>51384356
a real edge Lord would not have the hope Or motivations my Jumper has and just do the things my Jumper does for its own sake rather than to better the world
>>
File: 1485245366754.jpg (805KB, 1300x778px) Image search: [Google]
1485245366754.jpg
805KB, 1300x778px
Myrmidont, if you're around? How do Software Plug-ins (particularly the ones listed on pg.139 of Transhuman) fit into CP-based morph purchase? Would it be reasonable to price them like utility mods?

Also, does Eclipse Phase's treatment of morphs as gear extend into the jump's treatment of them? Like, could you use a floating gear discount on a Jumper-Grade stack?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>51384390
No, doing horrible shit "for the greater good" is an entirely edgelord thing to do. Just admit you're a fucked up sociopath who likes stroking his own ego already.

Seriously you talk about how you'd murder and mindrape the world because you think people are inherently evil and that gives you a justification for acting like a complete monster and calling yourself the good guy.

I could tolerate you if you didn't jerk yourself raw about it being the right thing to do. As it is you're an ass.
>>
>>51384334
Well, Lower Cosmic companions are 800 in the avengers jump. So with that said, maybe he's Hulk/Magneto level?
>>
>>51379579
>Companions may not use this perk on you, but you can use it on yourself once.
Not a fan of this. If they have a power awakening ability, it should work on you once like everyone else.
Please change this to something like "A persons Star Seed can only be awakened once, either to grant a new power based on their personality, or to permanently boost an already existing one"

Because I assume this is based on an what they could do in the silver age, where ordinary citizens had the power of their own star seeds (unlike the sailors who also had the star seeds of planets somehow), so this ability to awaken them is not something impossible without perk fiat. Making the jumper have the perk personally before his seed can be awakened seems out of place.
>>
>>51384485
>>51384390

Can both of you shut up please
>>
>>51384565
okay sorry
>>
>>51384578

I'm not mad at you bancho I just don't want another argument about good and evil and this and that, okay?. But to change the subject have you try becoming that alien what kevin is from ben10 and transforming into that vantablack rock?
>>
>>51379579
>>51384196
>can't import clothing or choose its color
importing your existing outfit needs to be an option, otherwise 1, your wardrobe gets unwieldy, and 2, Sailor Moon stuff becomes incompatible with a lot of other things.
>>
>>51384196
You can import your coat to look like anything! And I don't expect you to replace your build just because I remade the jump.
>>
>>51384578
On another note, could you look at these Misc Meta powers and tell me if they're valid or need to be nerfed?

>1) Super Senses, Danger Sense, Instant Reaction Time - Good solid package. React to things as they happen, literally, such that reaction speeds actually seem to be in the negative micro-seconds thanks to being faster than the machines that are measuring them. Danger sense skews this even further, and super senses just rounds it all out.
2) Telepathy, Telekinesis, Teleportation - Good solid triple combo.
3) Healing Factor/disease immunity, Don't count as 'dead' unless fully and totally disintegrated, No need for brain/internal organs for continued conciousness/life - Standard healing/survival package, don't need brains/organs to count as alive, recover from anything that doesn't instantly and totally kill me basically.
4) Survive in Vaccuum/extreme environments, No need to breath/eat/drink/sleep/rest, FTL transitioning (With This Ring style) - extended lifesupport package and go-fast transition for super-long-distance travel.
5) Always know current location and best method on how to get to any desired location, precognition, postcognition - Always know where I am, always know how to get to where I am going, precog and postcog speak for themselves.
6) Healing others, curing disease/poison/sickness/corruption/curses in others, create forcefields - Heal others, cure others, protect others (and myself) with force fields
7) energy generation, energy manipulation (constructs/forms/shapes), energy blasts - Green Lantern style, except not green and I don't need to recharge since I'm creating it myself.
8) supernatural combat skill, enhanced learning speed and retention, enhanced intuition - Good at handling myself in a fight, good at learning new stuff and remembering stuff I've learned, good at sussing out details and making snap decisions.
>>
>>51384523
Oh, wait shit. Scratch that, he's 1200. Yeah, don't know what to make of that.
>>
File: Priest King.jpg (214KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Priest King.jpg
214KB, 800x800px
>>51377759
Do to the way I fluff taking an Origins the only Alternate Versions of me they can me come from drawbacks, and thus are Evil, or are from a universe that has an in-setting multiverse with alternate versions.
Edolas Me was a MASSIVE cunt. He was something that I'm very much afraid I could become.
>>
>>51380285
>For Anno 2070, post jump, do you need your ship to do the research and manufacturing for Artifical Alloys?

No, you don't.
>>
>>51381050
>In Skyrim jump does one still require an empty hand to cast magic?
Google four words: skyrim mod nipple magic.
>>
>>51384564
I apologize for not making that clear in the text. It was supposed to be what you suggested but I was poor at wording.
>>
>>51379579
>Adding a scenario

Godddamit, NikaMoth. I already completely re-did how I was planning to do my Sailor Moon jump as-is. Why would you do this to me? Why? Good job, keep it up.
>>
>>51384749
Unfortunately, CCDT has said he won't be adding mods to the jump.
>>
>>51384356
I doubt you're going to find somebody that would do Ronin Warriors on a whim. Most people here don't know too much about late 80s/early 90s anime series. Consider how long we've had jumpchain, yet things like Akira, Lupin the 3rd, and other early anime that have western exposure haven't been made. It would be about as difficult as finding somebody willing to do the entire J9 series.
>>
>>51380693
You're a good person and deserve all the headpats, Red.

Take whatever time you need.
>>
File: kamen_rider_amazons.jpg (671KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kamen_rider_amazons.jpg
671KB, 707x1000px
A new drawback for the Showa Part 1 update, and it's a doozy.

Armor Zone (+400)
I REALLY don’t recommend this one, but if you insist… One of the various evil organizations in this world has figured out how to mass-produce the powers of Kamen Rider Amazon in a manner similar to “Jumper’s Guide to Incan Super Science” in an attempt to create an army. However, they weren’t satisfied with their soldiers being only a third as strong as the original Amazon. So they used foul dark magic of unknown origin to make up the difference. This lead to the unfortunate side-effect of instilling an absolutely uncontrollable urge to devour human flesh within in the Amazons. While the organization that created them generally had no problem with accommodating their hunger, there was an accident that caused the Amazons to escape. All 2000 of them. Now they run wild across Japan feasting on innocent people and generally fucking up what would have happened. The sad part is that most of the Amazons were normal people before being kidnapped and converted into monsters. But there is no way to save them. No powers, in or out of jump, can fix what has been done to them. The only option is to kill them to put them out of their misery. If you do nothing to stop them, they WILL get smart and start organizing themselves into the world-conquering army they were made to be. Only they’ll be marching for food rather than for the organization that made them. If you took “Wild Child”, you don’t have the same urge to devour flesh as they do, but the general public will distrust you and want you dead if they find out you’re an Amazon.

No, this doesn't actually send you to the world of Kamen Rider Amazons. It's just inspired by it.
>>
>>51384654
>I'm not mad at you bancho I just don't want another argument about good and evil and this and that, okay?. But to change the subject have you try becoming that alien what kevin is from ben10 and transforming into that vantablack rock?
Yeah that'll throw off most of my chain since that's not how I became vantablack and Ben 10 came much much later in my chain, I suppose I could wait for a midrange Power jump With a customization option that will let me do that.
>>51384706
Oh really? Because usually people Tweak their builds when new versions of a jump come out. And that option wasn't presented in the jump, maybe You should update it then? Also thank you
>>51384710
1. Instant is not appropriate at this level, but reaction time Proportionateto your superspeed is cool.
2.oh yeah definitely appropriate, think nightcrawler level teleportation though.
3.that last part is a Bit much, but I did say Spiderman villain and that's kind of hydro-man's thing
4. I have no idea what you mean by FTL transitioning so I cannot make a ruling on it
5. Too many powers and a hard no on the second one
6.too many powers . Also remember one purchase is Spiderman Villain level, so be careful how many you're getting
7. Definitely needs more limitations or 4 purchases
8. So taskmaster basically? If that's what you're going for approved
>>
>>51384712
Would that imply he's half again as valuable as them? Or is this impacted by the discount?
>>
>>51384777
Research, nigga. Some things are worth doing.
>>
>>51384722
Man doom looks bitchen here.
>>
File: Bancho.jpg (194KB, 792x923px) Image search: [Google]
Bancho.jpg
194KB, 792x923px
>>51384823
>>
>>51384856
Don't think it's supposed to be Doom, though now that you point it out the similarities are amazing.
>>
>>51384814
Shower update?
>>
File: IMG_3203.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3203.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
>>51384758
Golly, the entire scenario idea was an anon's idea, though. They should get the credit!
>>
>>51384974
I'm really more of a grower, anon. Thanks for asking though.
>>
>>51384814
Beautiful. Now it's truly eat or be eaten.
>>
>>51384987
so how much is this Clothing import going to be?
>>
File: DIE OR KILL.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DIE OR KILL.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>51385009

OMAE WO DARE DA
>>
File: IMG_3282.jpg (102KB, 758x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3282.jpg
102KB, 758x620px
>>51385013
Free!
>>
>>51385099
cool my build is almost done :-)
>>
Hey, is there a Hitman jump?
>>
>>51385099
also, I noticed that Sailor Castle Cannon Was changed from denying order, to incineration. Does it still work on things that are immune to fire or that can shunt energy away from themselves?
>>
According to the most recent "If the Emperor had a Text to Speech Device" short, having fun in the Imperium is literally illegal.

This should not make as much sense as it does.
>>
>>
>>51385208
>>
>>51385218
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOaZbaPzdsk
>>
>>51385204
Everything is illegal in the Imperium of Man, that is a tactical choice to make sure they always have "just" cause to execute people.
>>
>>51385208
>>51385218
>>51385237
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw
>>
>>51384987
I'm sure you'll gladly harvest the tears and weeping, all the same.
>>
>>51384814
>No powers, in or out of jump, can fix what has been done to them.
Me no like unhappy endings to innocent people by fiat. So the solution is to try and take them alive, and contain them in stasis/minds in a VR world until the jump ends and the drawback is negated. Then automated systems you left behind in that jump with them can start up to cure them.
>>
>>51384987
I am perfectly happy with you taking the credit. All I did was suggest the idea.
>>
>>51384823
4) I'm pretty sure it's supposed to let you go FTL in a vacuum
5)Would just removing the precog be fine or should I also separate the post cog into it's own purchase?
6)Could I just make the curing it's own purchase?

Also, here's some more
9) enhanced wisdom, enhanced intelligence, enhanced social apptitude - Smarter, wiser, know how to interact with people and put 'best foot forward'.
10) enhanced planning capacity, predictive analysis, enhanced mathematical understanding/knowledge - Make ludicrously complex plans, predict future events and actions based on current knowledge and information, last one is basically Number Man's power from Worm (eventually).
>>
>>51384974

The various Kamen Rider shows are divided into two specific 'eras' based on when they originally aired. Pre-2000 is the Showa Era. 2000 forwards is the Heisei Era.

>>51385353
>Me no like unhappy endings to innocent people by fiat.

You're not supposed to like it. It's a drawback.
>>
>>51385159
I don't think so.
Are you considering doing it?
>>
>>51385383
4. That's way above national level, there is other places you can get that you know. try Chronicles of Narnia.
5. It's the transporter copy that bothers me,the rest is going to be available at a reasonable level.
9. Yeah, that'll work, and you get enough of it to be a reasonable threat to Spiderman or static
10.it won't be number man's level with one purchase but but if you're going for something in the ballpark of Anarchy from DC that might work
>>
>>51385486
>.it won't be number man's level with one purchase
One slot, or one purchase?
>>
>>51384710
>energy generation, energy manipulation (constructs/forms/shapes), energy blasts - Green Lantern style, except not green and I don't need to recharge since I'm creating it myself.
>>51384823
>Definitely needs more limitations or 4 purchases
4 purchases is to much for that. In ps238 that is basically Emerald Gauntlet, which is 800 CP undiscounted. So more like 2 purchases.

WTR FTL transitioning
basically teleportation, except you need a unobstructed path from point to point. It can go very far (intended use is for space travel for green lanterns) but there are ways to shut it down, and not just does not work shut down, but transitioning in/into a warded area can make you never reappear.
>>
File: growingstronger.gif (2MB, 107x314px) Image search: [Google]
growingstronger.gif
2MB, 107x314px
>>51379579
> http://sailormoon.wikia.com/wiki/Daimon
> In the original anime, the Daimons appeared as monstrous humanoid women, while in the manga and in Crystal, they had grotesque giant worm-like appearances.
So, can I choose which one they look like, or is that predetermined?
>>
>>51385486
4) What if I removed the FTL thing and just had it be
Survive in Vaccuum/extreme environments, No need to breath/eat/drink/sleep/rest (but can if want to)
Also, is what I did to 6 fine?
>>
>>51385409
>You're not supposed to like it. It's a drawback.
Yeah, but not like that. That line was just "I will give you some CP if you let me kick this puppy, because I am a Super Duper EdgeLORD!!!"
>>
>>51385570
one Purchase
>>51385578
yeah but it doesn't have limitations of the emerald gauntlet, remember? Also it's including the databases ,multitasking and processing ability needed to construct said constructs.

>>51385599
>Survive in Vaccuum/extreme environments,

you'll need to be a bit more specific and put similar it's on what counts as an "extreme environment"

>>No need to breath/eat/drink/sleep/rest (but can if want to)

That's Five different powers,so that's two purchases right there,
>>
>>51385486
>>51385599
Some more
>Duplication
• Can create duplicates of myself, at a rate of one every nine months, that share one mind (It's just me, there is no this one or that one. I am just one person in multiple bodies. I possess the multitasking necessary to operate that way mentally and physically, but excessively intense experiences might have an effect on coordination between bodies)
• Can channel my duplication into someone else instead, and duplicate them in the same manner that I would duplicate myself (They have the singular mind and multitasking that comes with it)

(cont)
>>
>>51385629
There's a bunch of maneating superhumans running around, of course that's going to happen, it's just making it apparent for those less capable of catching implications.
>>
>>51385707
please mommy, you know this isn't a good place for you, I tried to help but you know that you aren't welcome here.
>>
>>51385695
>one Purchase
It takes multiple pruchases to get a weaker version of Number Man's power... Are you high?
>>
>>51385707
>>51385695
(Coutinued from Duplication)
• Can store recipes of things that I touch, and can manifest up copies of them at will as though from a Star Trek replicator (Duplicating something more than ten times creates a growing risk of losing the recipe every time I use, and can only store ten recipes at a time before I start to risk losing recipes in the order that I gained them. I can hold onto them past these limits, but it gets more difficult the further that I push it. I can only duplicate things that I would eventually be able to create without this power, but this cuts out all of the work necessary to do so)

>>51385738
I'm not Mommy, i'm just copypasting powers from SB cause I want to know if they're valid or not
>>
>>51385776
>i'm just copypasting powers from SB cause I want to know if they're valid or not
Go the fuck back there if you want to run your chain off of their "rules."
>>
>>51385805
Except the jumpmaker is here so I need to ask here.
>>
>>51385594
What is that gif, it looks awesome.
>>
>>51385776
well there's your problem right there,SB has Even less of an inkling of an idea how to balance things than I do, my advice is read some silver age Spiderman comics,watch a couple episodes of static shock and Work off of the ballpark of what you see there. it says right in the notes "the ballpark of a Silver age Spiderman or animated static shock Villain and you're trying to use it to get Worm power levels, do you see where this could be problematic?

>>51385768
I am always on drugs, They are prescription drugs I have been legally prescribed and are being used as directed but it is generally a safe assumption that I am forcibly whacked into my mind On a galaxy of antipsychotics, antidepressants , mood stabilizers etc.
>>
>>51385594
You can choose what it looks like, as long as a part of the appearence is based off the host's in some way.
>>
>>51385859
Do you not understand, that barring a few notable exceptions, most Worm powers are on that level? Number Man would fit perfectly in either of those.
>>
>>51385828
Which means that the jump maker isn't there, so what you hear over there stays over there.

It's not that hard.
>>
>>51385695
>yeah but it doesn't have limitations of the emerald gauntlet, remember?
The Emerald Gauntlet is also more powerful. And you can get the discounted cost cheaper. My point you are trying to make what he wants cost 800 CP even if Misc Meta is discounted, when the Emerald Gauntlet + Alpha Tech Prodigy can be got for 400 CP

>Also it's including the databases ,multitasking and processing ability needed to construct said constructs
Why are you assuming constructs work like this?
Or that it is needed for that power. I mean a fist, or baseball bat construct, no data base needed. a construct animal would not actually have rendered stuff inside, just look like it from the outside. Ditto something like a lawnmower or airplane; no actual engine, just a rotating propeller attached to a box.

multitasking would be an issue, and I assume they would not be maintaining hundreds of independent constructs, but the handful in eyesight you normally see in comics.
>>
>>51385893
yeah but It is my understanding that number man is one of the more powerful people in that setting
>>
>>51385176
I...I am not sure. Fanwank it, honestly. It's not a fire blast, it's just a generic energy blast.
>>
So there's no Servant Supplement in the drive. When the new one was submitted, did the old one get deleted without the new one being put in it's place?
>>
>>51385919
Because of his connections, yes. The leader of Cauldron is technically"more powerful" than even him and is a mere baseline human.
>>
>>51385908
So what, are you saying I can just take those powers as-is and not have to actually ask if they're valid or not (or maybe just ask SJ or something)?
>>
>>51385950
What' I'm saying is that SB says nonsensical shit all the time that few to none of the jump makers support. So the odds are if someone was tossing it around on SB, it came from SB and holds no water.
>>
>>51385930

It's in "Jumps with folders" area in the Fate Folder.
>>
>>51385911
>Or that it is needed for that power. I mean a fist, or baseball bat construct, no data base needed. a construct animal would not actually have rendered stuff inside, just look like it from the outside. Ditto something like a lawnmower or airplane; no actual engine, just a rotating propeller attached to a box.

I wish I could trust people to do it that waynd they never mentioned it being less powerful than the gauntlet.

>>51385923
okay so just a infinite blast of "generic energy" in a finite area? I can work with that. not quite the same je ne sais quoi as it had before but Your the jump maker

>>51385942
In the story I read he Was basically Excelerator with judo instead of vector control.....
>>51385983
>>51385950
pretty much what I've been saying yeah
>>
>>51386029
Yes, typically. I'll have to look at the old perk again and I can't do that right now because phone.
>>
>>51386065
that's fair, I'm not trying to rush you. And I thank you for the answers you've given me so far.
>>
>>51386065
Hey NikaMoth, for the Fall of the Silver Millennium scenario, how hard would it be, as a Villain, to convince the Silver Millennium that I had defected and that my warning about the Dark Kingdom was the truth?
>>
>>51386029
>In the story I read he Was basically Excelerator with judo instead of vector control.....
What story did you read?
Number Man has some good martial arts but he would be beaten by a man with a gun in a fight.
>>
>>51386142
I forget its name but it was on the worm official site, he also seem to have that mathematical prediction precognition thing going for him. Or at least he thought he did in his internal monologue.
>>
>>51386163
He has prediction in that he can build mathematical models of things and feed them into Contessa. He is also able to bounce shots with a gun and do some impressive martial arts. It's not like he always knows what will happen tomorrow because he did math about it.
In an incredibly small situation where he has all the information he can make a decent prediction of what will happen in the very immediate future.
>>
>>51386142
No he wouldn't be. Number Man can definitely deflect bullets, he does it in canon.
>>
>>51386029
>In the story I read he Was basically Excelerator with judo instead of vector control.....
Haha, what? No. Bancho, I'd recommend you stop looking at powers in terms the "tier" of the canon user and more the powers themselves. It's not extraordinarily powerful on its own, it's that powerful because Number Man had a lot of experience with it. What it boils down to is:

>You have an absolute sense of the spatial dimensions and position of anything you can perceive.

And

>You can qyickly interpret sensory data mathematically.

Both of which are incredibly underwhelming powers on their own, but which synergize extremely well.
>>
>>51386163
>>51386262
Especially because one of the actual characters in PS238 essentially had this as a Rainmaker power.
>>
The Justice League Dark movie is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsVqPRREuHg

Wasn't that what people were waiting for before anyone thought about making a jump for this setting?
>>
>>51386262
Number Man himself is a bit better than that, he's also got superhuman bodily control. Makes it a lot easier for him to take advantage of his super-math, lets him do things like contort his body perfectly to absorb the force of an explosion.
>>
>>51386296
>Wasn't that what people were waiting for before
I'm going to look at the jump and say no, people were just fine taking what was in the comics.
>>
>>51386333
No I mean the DC animated movies setting, not the JLD jump.
>>
>>51385707
>>51385776
I guess I'll just make each bullet point it's own purchase or something.
>>
>>51384898
what is wrong with you?
>>
>>51386029
>I wish I could trust people to do it that waynd they never mentioned it being less powerful than the gauntlet.
Two purchases of Misc Meta should let you make 'hard light' on par with the Emerald Gauntlet, but the gauntlet is a designed item, and has a lot of unnamed little bells and whistles a Misc Meta would not have because they were never purchased. Like the gauntlet duplicated itself, which the Misc Meta cannot do except by having children and hoping they inhered his powers. It probably has an included calculator, watch, and some alien versions of a reading data base and game apps (like it is also a smart phone)
But the hard light is the main function, so if the Emerald Gauntlet is 800 CP and can get a double discount, then being an innate hard light projector minus the bells and whistles being 800 CP and only one discounted once is more than fair. In this case I would say the three things would be
1 projecting light energy (shooting lasers and stuff, or flashlight beams/glowing by using less power),
2 shaping light (holograms/visible illusions,
3 hardening photons/making forcefields you can place over the holograms.
And doing fancy stuff would be a function of experience and skill (like you could make constructs talk mechanically by hard light bellows/lungs passing through a vibrating membrane/vocal cords, but this would not sound anything resembling a human talking without a _lot_ of practice/trial and error.)
A power to learning/memory power to help with stuff like that out of the box would be a separate power.
>>
>>51386569
I just hate Bancho and his bullshit.
>>
Jump Four: Kamen Rider Neo-Hisei Part Three
Mystic (free)
>Because we need a Ghost who's not a cardboard cutout with motivational voice clips
Open Your Eyes (700)
I Believe in Myself (free)
Grateful Soul (free)
All Eyes on Me (600)
Heaven's Sage (400)
The Soul Will Live On (200)
Humanity is Infinity (-100)
Ghost Tags (free)
Go Go Go Ghost-O ("free")
Combine GMO and Agito Drivers into Eyecon Driver G (-300)
>I hereby dub this abomination the Eyecon Drive GMΩ, a constantly evolving war machine that can be backed up by two other summons.
Watch This! (Free) Nobel, Kojiro, Hannibal, Aristotle, Alexander the Great, Washington, Bat Masterson, Genghis Khan
Import everyone (-500) http://pastebin.com/igtYvhXE
There's No Going In Reverse (free)
>Thus far I have two stops on the Kamen Rider timeline, back in Kuuga and Agito, as well as in Gaim. Wonder how Godai is doing. Should be nice to see Gills too.
History of the Chain (-200)
>On the plus side there's one jump so far that wasn't already included by default in the drawback. On the down side they might possibly throw mimicries of my previous incarnation at me.
99 Days (0) Have enough Ghost Stuff I might have a shot at this

Okay, for the eight mangled lessons based vaguely off of the Eyecons I took. Hannibal is a lesson in never giving up, they said he couldn't march elephants over the Himalayas, who's laughing now Rome? Iskander is about treating other cultures with respect and stealing all their best parts. Washington is about the value of the common person. Nobel is the sort to push for using your powers for civilian uses instead of just fighting with them. Khan wants me to carve a bloody swathe through my foes to leave the survivors cowering in fear. Kojiro demands honor, and is really irate about how Musashi killed him. This jump is almost certainly going to involve me scrambling all over the place to survive. At least that gives me reason to work on evolving my Seed of Agito.
>>
>She turns to look at you again, but this time the look is one of a doting parent, a willing lover, a faithful friend.
>And should you help Us crush these annoying rebels I may even make you my King.”

>canon companion option is locked from picking her up.

YOROKONDE YOU FUCKING TEEEAAAAAAASE.
>>
>>51386724
Just pod/blue feather her.
>>
>>51386751
No stasis pods, and I don't have FarmVille or whatever jump it is slotted in until later during a forced-depower arc.
>>
>>51386724
Pretty sure Yoro stated that beating the Empire campaign is the only way to get her as a companion. So if you want to have her as queen, you're going to need to be the bad guy and crush the Rebellion.
>>
>>51386724
What jump is this?
>>
>>51386803
Ogre Battle I'm assuming.
>>
>>51386803
Ogre Battle - The March of the Black Queen

>>51386781
... Well unless I'm absolutely retarded highly possible I'm not reading it anywhere in the jump.
>>
>>51386333
>people were just fine taking what was in the comics.
>>51386333
>DC animated movies setting, not the JLD jump.
Bright side, now Gaunlet can make a JLD (animated movie) jump.
>>
>>51386870
>Gaunlet
Oh? Didn't know Gaunlet was looking to do that.
>>
>>51386870
>Bright side, now Gaunlet can make a JLD (animated movie) jump.
I would think someone would make one jump based on the DC Animated Moves verse.
>>
>>51386849
Try checking the one in the Uploads folder, if it's still there.
>>
>>51386114
Not that difficult. The people running the Moon Kingdom are actually quite nice and friendly, barring drawbacks where they don't like you. Just don't fuck up big time and do anything suspicious at first and you should be in the clear.
>>
>>51386952
>I would think someone would make one jump based on the DC Animated Moves verse.

That would be cool, I kind of would like to see someone make a Gods and monsters jump if there is enough material for it. I think there might barely be with the tie in stuff they made.
>>
File: hhZOoTz.jpg (390KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hhZOoTz.jpg
390KB, 1500x1200px
Post your creepiest jumper form/enemy.
>>
>>51387009
Cool. Also, quick question, you said before that we'd be going to the modern era because of Chaos being around, correct? Wouldn't Princess Serenity just get strong enough to confront Galaxia/Chaos early rather than having to reincarnate as Usagi first?
>>
For those of you who took Lost and Forgotten from Sword and Sorcery, what are some interesting things you've found in otherwise mundane settings?
>>
File: 1235161612316.jpg (106KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1235161612316.jpg
106KB, 751x1063px
>>51387051
I love eldritch forms man.
>>
File: Jumper in the Background.jpg (345KB, 850x1069px) Image search: [Google]
Jumper in the Background.jpg
345KB, 850x1069px
>>51387051
BEHOLD!

...okay, it's not exactly creepy, but a planet sized demon is pretty fucking terrifying.
>>
>>51386723
Let me just say that Pyschometry is great for finding ancient relics of old heroes to make Eyecons with. And all the Legend Rider and Soul Eater Ganma being active also helped since they were sniffing around for candidates too. Though things were a mess I managed to stay mostly on top of things, taking out the truly frightening Ganma before they truly adapted to their powers. Which is good, because Kuuga ones kept popping up, as well as the occasional Kishin or Old One. Was able to assemble the necessary Eyecons well within the time limit, even if I took a few nasty beatings doing so. Was a bit busy for most of Drive, but lent the occasional hand. Meanwhile Ghost was completely derailed by some of my forays into the Ganma World to try to find whoever was making the Legend Ganma, but never did find him because he was at the Dai Shocker base one dimension over. This too was Decade's fault.

Meanwhile Roberts and Buttercup used their spare time to try and help rehabilitate the Roidmudes. By the end about 30 or so of the original line managed to integrate into society, with a few even following Chase's example and helping the police force defend against the constant Ganma incursions. Thanks to Roberts handing them blueprints they were even able to create more of themselves, though admittedly the newer generations were a bit weakened due to lack of Core Drivars. Krim didn't want to propagate them further and honestly Slowdown wasn't very useful for the reformed Roidmudes.
>>
>>51387071
Galaxia/Chaos doesn't really feel a need to go to the Solar System until she hears about the Silver Crystal from some random guy iirc (Or was that the Galaxy Cauldron? I need to reread it). Unless you want to take the initative and go to the center of the galaxy to fight her.
>>
File: tmp_5611-1432567104461772758099.jpg (197KB, 1280x1155px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5611-1432567104461772758099.jpg
197KB, 1280x1155px
>>51387051
Know despair.
>>
>>51387138
Huh. That actually gives us some extra time to get good and confront her. Neat. Still have to survive against Beryl and Metalia first, though.
>>
>>51387138
>>51387167
Also, thank you for answering my questions.
>>
>>51387118
That hair is simultaneously cute and also retarded.
>>
>>51387138

Question about powers you give to people through Starseed Awakening.

It says they can't be stolen and that they can only be given willingly and freely.

But can they be copied?
>>
>>51387156
I still say this wouldnt be bad without the hair and knobby saber.
>>
>>51387051
>Know despair.
Bancho's Drill Hair is spreading.
Despair is here.
>>
File: magolor_soul_by_lyaazor-d66zcrw.jpg (407KB, 700x618px) Image search: [Google]
magolor_soul_by_lyaazor-d66zcrw.jpg
407KB, 700x618px
>>51387051
Probably something like this, if I'm honest.
>>
Adarx is way too good for you people.
>>
>>51387259
Whatever you say Dirge.
>>
File: 1427733117590.png (394KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1427733117590.png
394KB, 453x604px
>>51387051
>>
>>51387237
Magolor go and stay go.
>>
>>51382675
You. Go find a cactus. Then fuck yourself in the ass with it.
>>
>>51386849
>>51386724
>>51330625
>>
>>51387259
>>
>>51387330
Why are you replying to bait from 4 hours ago?
>>
>>51387330
BLADE, Cthulhu, wotever name you go by.

It's bait.

Take a breather, go get yourself a drink, and wait for this to blow over.
>>
File: Even DIO is afraid!.png (570KB, 550x764px) Image search: [Google]
Even DIO is afraid!.png
570KB, 550x764px
>>51387296
That's some spooky shit, anon.
>>
File: aQfks01.png (606KB, 670x474px) Image search: [Google]
aQfks01.png
606KB, 670x474px
>>51387307
You're just mad because I'm more stylin' than Meta Knight.
>>
>>51387331

Bless you anon.
>>
>>51387283
You have mental issues don't you anon, bless you son.
>>
>>51387259
You're right, anon. Waaaay too good. That's why we don't allow his jumps on the drive, for fear of them being sullied by us mere mortals.
>>
File: Wearing blues and masks.jpg (106KB, 1024x911px) Image search: [Google]
Wearing blues and masks.jpg
106KB, 1024x911px
>>51387382
>Implying
Bitches dig the mask.
>>
>>51387355
...Because I just got off work and forgot to hit update.
>>
>>51387481
Even if it was 4 minutes there's no point responding to it. This isn't a forum debate where people score points. You just make them feel happier receiving attention.
>>
>>51387259
Given that he's the reason /jc/ and SB can never have a positive relationship I doubt it.
Like really that was an impressive fuckup.
>>
Do we have a Crysis jump?
>>
>>51387533
/jc/ and SB could never have a positive relationship from day one. SB barely makes jumps, they have a habit of leeching shamelessly all while tossing in commentary without bothering to actually ask the people involved, and they're pretentious enough to believe that their opinions are "right" because it makes sense to them. /jc/ is 4chan, which means any other site might as well be leddit-tier attention whore bait, and there are plenty of namefags who absolutely loathe the notion of going onto a forum and split up time between two places.

Maybe one day SB will actually be productive and make jumps at a somewhat respectable pace so that they pull their weight, but I doubt that ever happening.
>>
of orcs and men
>>
File: BOY HE BOUT TO DO IT.png (197KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
BOY HE BOUT TO DO IT.png
197KB, 500x399px
OOOOONE more perk to add, and some stuff to add for what happens after you beat Queen Beryl in Fall of the Silver Millennium!

Lineage of Warriors (200 CP, Discount Senshi)
A senshi’s duty is passed down from parent to child. Even if people were usually immortal in the Silver Millennium, it only extended the lifespan. People could be killed. Thus, a replacement for the senshi was needed in case they died in their dangerous job. That job fell to their children. Chibi-Usa inherited her power from her mother. You may find that your duty can be passed down too. If you ever posses a power that must be accessed via a transformation, your kids will also have this ability to transform into a magical warrior themselves. They also possess an intuitive grasp of some mundane skills you learned, but they will need training to develop these skills and powers. Big, powerful forms are not included, if it would not be something a magical warrior could transform into, it wouldn’t be inherited.
>>
>>51387566
Nope. As usual, you can thank a certain trip-fag for that.
>>
>>51387589
Well SB has been making quite a few more jumps these days.
It's just that the people that tend to do that are also posting here.
>>
>>51387566
Not yet no. Did you feel like claiming it?
>>
>>51387595
Tell me about the rabbit-girls George.
>>
>>51387608
Interesting, that has potential.
>>
>>51387628
The proportion is extremely skewed in /jc/'s favor. Let's say that we have 800 jumps. This basically means that 3 people made about 10% of all jumps, SB may have made at most 10% of all jumps, and the rest are all other /jc/ people.

The quantity itself wouldn't be that much of an issue, but their attitude on top of that is ridiculous. They're like wannabe food connoisseurs who critique food that they've stolen, and then complain that the stolen food wasn't good enough.
Thread posts: 534
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.