[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 41

File: IMG_0001.jpg (2MB, 3725x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
2MB, 3725x1040px
>Whatcha Playin'?

>Whatcha hatin' the most?

>Got any secret sideboard tech?

>I'm running out of questions. Someone pitch me a few.
>>
>Whatcha Playin'?
Affinity, as always.
Nothing at all since probe and grave troll.
I used to play bitterblossom, it was good against infect.
How do you feel about tron? Is tron going to be everywhere? Will fish start showing up because of tron?
>>
Playing Dredge
Affinity almost built
Bubble Hulk & Cheeri0s (kek) almost built
>>
>>51370434
Saw Bitterblossom in the recent SCG list.

What's your board like vs:
Grixis?
Jeskai?
Tron Eldrazi (have you faced them?)?
Junk/Jund (are they different boards?)?
>>
>>51370293
>Whatcha Playin'?
not properly playin' but right now i'm solitaire a "mono" green devotion
nothin'
in that devotion deck I've introduced an elderscale wurm in the side
will the modern ever recover from the ban of splinter twin?
>>
>>51370434
Affinity? My brother from another mother. I never considered Bitterblossom out of the side. I just bring in Thoughtseize usually to pluck Stony Silence or Kataki.

>>51370782
Modern seems to be doing okay without Twin imo.
>>
File: purest waifu.jpg (387KB, 1728x972px) Image search: [Google]
purest waifu.jpg
387KB, 1728x972px
>>51370293
>>Whatcha Playin'?
UW Jerks

>>Whatcha hatin' the most?

>>Got any secret sideboard tech?
my not-very-secret-at-all mainboard tech is smug copter to pitch excess lands and get more action.

>>I'm running out of questions. Someone pitch me a few.
ARE YA WINNING, SON?
>yes. several weeks in a row 1st or ID+split at undefeated.

WHATS YOUR LOCAL META?
>Ad Naus
>Lantern
>Tron
>UTron
>Fish
>Grixis Moon
>Grixis Delver
>RW Prison
>Melira Chord
>Infect
>Titan Breach
>Jeskai Nahiri
>Jund
>>
File: java_2017-01-24_01-11-15.jpg (395KB, 1643x929px) Image search: [Google]
java_2017-01-24_01-11-15.jpg
395KB, 1643x929px
I call this Boom and Moon.

Basically, Sun and Moon minus the Chalices and with the Armaggeddon package.

What do you guys think about it?
>>
>>51371420
Looks like fun_ anon
>>
File: leldrazi.png (2MB, 1872x991px) Image search: [Google]
leldrazi.png
2MB, 1872x991px
>>51371420
i think the value goblin plan is superior and running boom bust without flagstones is negative EV
>>
Whatcha Playin'?
UW fish. i think going monoblue only hurts the deck. only downside is you get slightly hated out by blood moon

Esper artifacts. combination of UB tezz lists, thopter/sword combo, and architect/pili-pala combo. it's fun, not good yet. but fun nonetheless

People that bitch about hate cards.

Disenchant

>What's your fav card in modern you never see / don't see often enough?
Meddling mage

On a blog note; we've got a decent sized tourney in a couple weeks. should be fun if i can survive my lords getting pushed off of airships all day
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
B L U E

S T A F F

this memedeck has no breaks.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blue-staff/
>>
>>51372037
Add Aethersphere Reservoir since you can pull it from Inventors' Fair & get infinite storm from Isochron (I see the Magnifying Glass but that's stupid)
>>
>>51372070
I used to have aetherflux resevoir as the wincon and some neat tech like academy ruins but maindeck spellskites killed my boner. BSZ wincon feels good, it used to be door to nothingness but I like that you can regularly cast blue suns sometimes and reshuffles itself back.

I agree that glass is shit tho. so damn slow, but it does it's job decently enough.
>>
>>51372190
Wait I suppose you can activate aetherflux infinite times. It's a good choice of wincon.

Idk, I still like that scroll or muddle can find bsz, you'd have to maindeck whir in order to activate scroll/muddle as wincons so it isn't hard to fully adapt to a Aetherflux version.
>>
>>51372257
USZ is fine (BSZ is black), I just like Aetherflux instead of Glass since you have Inventors' Fair
>>
>>51372317
the upsides of swapping usz for aetherflux:
-can cast it and gain some hp, as well as combo with only 2 rocks out IF you've hardcast it.
-frees up maginifying glass slot

downsides:
-imo hardcasting USZ in a pinch seems better, in order to find the combo. reducing the required rock amount is usually redundant and gaining a few life is less relevant than drawing a card or two.
-replaces fabricate with whir (or uses the glass slot). Imo whif feels worse without trinkets laying around like some welding jars
There could be a huge benefit to going that route, I just like cast huge zeniths famalam
>>
>>51370293
Shouldn't Fatal Push be in that black slot now?
>>
>>51372492
Lmao no
>>
File: 113.jpg (33KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
113.jpg
33KB, 200x285px
I need a good knight modern deck
>>
>>51372704
I had fun with Vial Knights like a year or two ago.
>>
so Esper Narset looks interesting but why would I not just jam 4 Gideon AoZ and a SB Elspeth as opposed to using Narset at all?
>>
>>51372890
Narset draws you cards instead of just giving you board presence, which is useful against Control and Combo decks, I guess.

I've never played the deck myself so I can't be sure
>>
>Whatcha Playin'?
U/R storm with pyromancer's swath.
Community.
Mizzium Transreliquat
We can always bitch about Frontier, card prices or the ban list.
>>
>>51372037
Did you took a picture of your screen...?
>>
>Want to build a Modern deck
>MM17 is looming so there's no point buying anything because reprints might drop prices
>If expensive cards aren't reprinted, they'll only go up in price
>Decide not to build a Modern deck because no matter what happens I'll be spending a lot and risking a lot to play a silver bullet format
>>
Is it worth running Guttersnipe deck or would id be basically nerfed burn?
>>
>>51372492
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this Anon, but that foil playset of Japanese Fatal Push that you bought for $100 each aren't actually that good in Modern. It's a pure sideboard card. A solid sideboard card, but a sideboard card nontheless.
>>
>>51373846
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/explore/what-is-the-oxford-comma
>>
>>51370782
>mono green D
My nigga wanna compare lists?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-12-16-mono-green-devotion/
Recently changed up the primal command and coco ratio to add summoners pact. Its so sick
>>
>>51373968
Thanks and sorry.

English being my fucking 4th language might be not up to standards you'd expect from someone browsing a chinese cartoons image board in the 21st century.
>>
>>51373968
Not necessary here though, doesn't change the meaning of the sentence with or without it, you pedantic prick.
>>
>>51373951
What's the list? Are you faster or as consistent as 40 bolts and 20 lands?
>>
So huh did Pia's Revolution figure out his decklist or? I was excited to help on that list, anon ...
>>
File: chandra and gideon.png (2MB, 1105x800px) Image search: [Google]
chandra and gideon.png
2MB, 1105x800px
>>51370293

so when will they just make them fuck already?
Every other art has them standing side by side and fighting together and now we get this ?!

this is just getting pathetic at this point.

Im guessing when Gideon goes to Theros to face his demons Chandra is going to save him next?
>>
>>51370293
what is infect ruining instead of probe?
>>
>>51374779
Whatever they took out for blossoming defense
>>
>>51370293
>Whatcha Playin'?
8 Rack
Mostly Leyline of Sanctity especially since mono black has no enchant hate.
nothing to original however I run mutilate as a 2 or 3 of in my sideboard.
Whats the most common deck/archtype in your meta?

Also what would i do to add enchant hate to mono black 8 rack splash green for something like golgari charm? or what else?
>>
>>51374914
Green would give you access to Maelstrom Pulse and Abrupt Decay. Also some interesting sideboard cards to protect/recur your artifacts.

White would be similar, and give you access to extra wraths and point removal.
>>
>>51370293
>Whatcha Playin'?
Grixis Delver

Tron, same as always

Added Ceremonious Rejection to my sideboard some time ago. Right now I have 2 of those and 2 Fulminator Mage. Great aginst my two worst matchups, Bant Eldrazi and Tron. I'm also considering moving my second Kommand to the mainboard and adding a Sword of Feast and Famine to the sideboard for a bit of an edge against B/G/X

>Any new shitbrews?
>>
I'm thinking of buying into the format with merfolk. Iv been testing the deck out in xmage and it seems pretty fun.

Iv been meaning to test grixis delver since I have a few pieces but the tarns are making me shy away.

Can you guys recommend other decks I should try? Will I regret buying into fish? Thanks
>>
>>51375045
I've been running Delver without Scalding Tarns for a while now. I'm using a 4/3/3 split of Polluted Delta, Flooded Strands, and Bloodstained Mires instead of what I consider an optimal 4/4//2 Delta/Tarn/Mire. It costs you a percentage point or two, but the only lands you can't fetch with Flooded Strand are Mountain and Blood Crypt, which are also the least needed lands in the deck in most games. It's a serviceable replacement.
>>
>>51375045
Fish is alright, but it's more of a tier 2 deck. It's not bad by any means. Grixis Delver can be played without the Tarns, like the other anon said, and it's a deck that can fit into any meta very well. It's also fun. I'm trying to build it, but I can't afford the Snapcasters
>>
>Playing
Titanshift

>Hating
Hatebears. Affinity draws with Arcbound Ravager.

>Secret Sideboard Tech
1 Melira against Infect. Virtual 4 with 3 Summoner's Pacts. Also 2 copies of Courser of Kruphix main because I just like that card and the card advantage is sick

>Questions
How many Fatal Push in Jund/Abzan/Mardu/Grixis/Rock/other black decks? Will Fae become real again thanks to Push?

My deck doesn't care about Push, but it's still an interesting card to talk about.
>>
>>51375206
>Can't afford the snapcasters

Niiiigga, they are as low as they can possibly be! Just grab them before they go up in price again.
>>
>>51375329
I believe my friend has two of them, and they're both mine. If he does, I guess I'm gonna try to buy the other two somehow.
>>
>>51375206
This is the lowest Snapcasters have been in a loooooooong time. These things are going to go up again; the card is too powerful to sustain a price this low. At this point don't consider it wasting money on a magic card, consider it a guarnteed investment.
>>
>>51375445
>consider it a guarnteed investment.

an... alpha investment?
>>
File: 1446659046832.jpg (65KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1446659046832.jpg
65KB, 768x1024px
How many red fetches do I need for burn? Not running Nacatl's btw
>>
>>51375487
Do you mainboard Grim Lavamancer?
>>
>>51375495
Yeah. I'm thinking 1 main.
>>
>>51375537
I would say 9 as a minimum. I like 10 for that sweet, sweet deck thinning and some people even like more than that.
>>
>>51375580
I actually got 10. 4 mire 4 foothills 2 tarns. How many total lands do you pack?
>>
>>51375632
I run 20 in all.
>>
>>51375650
Post your list senpai
>>
>>51375537
1 main is too inconsistent, it's actually worse than not playing any at all (unless you have it there as a toolkit and have a way to tutor it that I'm missing)
>>
>>51375667
How many do you recommend? 2? Torment or core set art?
>>
File: SOI_Interior_Cathedral_post.png (352KB, 1500x930px) Image search: [Google]
SOI_Interior_Cathedral_post.png
352KB, 1500x930px
Boy oh boy have I been away from MTG for a long time, probably at least 6 months. What have I missed in the greatest format of all time? Gimmie the bulletpoints.

Also Xmage vs Cockatrice, which should I use and why if you don't mind me asking in here.
>>
>>51375045
If you like fish try Affinity- they're fairly similar and Affinity has a few flex slots to adapt to your own playstyle.
>>
>>51375206
Just order some china snapcasters and some other shit.
For $100 you get:
A play set of every shockland.
4 snapcasters
4 bloodmoons
4 goblin guides
4 thoughtseizes
4 path to exile
4 karn liberated
4 of your favourite fetches

Then you basically have the base for a lot of decks you could ever wish playing with. Afterwards it's just a matter of slowly introducing the cards into your collection so you don't raise suspicion as to why you suddenly have 4 snaps.

Add 1 snaps to your folder and ask your friends if you can proxy out the other ones because you want to check out how they play. Then after some weeks you can replace them fully for your china playset and no one on your lgs will find out as long as you keep them doublesleeved they look 95% like a legit snapcaster.

I think china proxies are perfectly fine if you use them for personal use and don't attempt to sell them under any circumstance.
>>
>>51375695
Modern is more dead than ever.
People are having seizures over Fatal Push and various combo decks that will stop in a month or so.
Junk and Jund.
Tron hate.

Overall, nothing special.
>>
>>51375808
Whats a Fatal Push combo deck look like?
Got a decklist?

I've been seeing a few archetypes that seem relatively new to me.
>>
File: IMG_0274.jpg (42KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0274.jpg
42KB, 223x311px
>>51375824
Fatal Push is one of the best removal spells ever printed.
>>
>>51375824
Oh, Fatal Push is just removal. I was saying that people are just going bonkers over Fatal Push because " too good, format warping for black ". That, and the fact that people are just trying to make meme combo decks a thing, like copycat or Kari Zev something something.
>>
File: 1436612753179.jpg (25KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
1436612753179.jpg
25KB, 300x301px
>>51374914
Maybe drop in a couple of Lanowar Wastes and like >>51375018 said sideboard Pulse or Decay.
>>
>>51375881
Jesus christ.
I can definitely work this into some of my older decks.
>>
>>51375786
I don't like proxies, and I think it's not ethical to use them when others have bought real cards.
>>
>>51375903
It's perfectly fine to buy proxies and play with them against your friends. I have proxied versions of T1 decks when I need to test decks.

The only bad thing about proxies is that some people will use them in tournaments, and will treat them as legit cards. That's when proxying is not cool.
>>
>>51375893
Btw, Gitaxian Probe just got banned.
>>
File: disgust2.jpg (103KB, 408x409px) Image search: [Google]
disgust2.jpg
103KB, 408x409px
WHAT
>>
File: disgust.jpg (20KB, 436x404px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
20KB, 436x404px
>>51375972
Is meant to respond to
>>51375953
>>
>>51375972
Gitaxian Probe banned, Golgari Grave-Troll banned.

WOTC has taken a more proactive stance over bans. Except more bans than ever. You'd think they'd leave modern alone now that official coverage is not a thing anymore? Nope.

Though that possibly means they will unban cards that were banned without rhyme or reason, like splinter twin. One can only hope, right?
>>
File: 1431920746020.png (10KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1431920746020.png
10KB, 256x256px
>>51376007
>banned without rhyme or reason, like Splinter Twin
>>
>>51375703
>>51375206
>>51375094
Thanks for the replys. Il give affinity and grixis delver sans tarns a try and report back.

If I do end up on delver, I might hold off on buying the snaps until mm17 is spoiled. They should still drop somewhat
>>
>>51376027
Having a smaller meta share than Affinity with all the variants combined and being a neat slice of the control - midrange - aggro - big mana - combo --metagame isn't a reason for ban imo. Blue has been struggling ever since and there are no decks, concrete or hypothetical, that Twin was oppressing out of the metagame completely, even though it would have kept a check on Dredge and Death's Shadow which would have been an overwhelming positive.
>>
>>51376081
I'd be fine if Twin came back only because RUG Delver will get better via splash damage.
>>
>>51375695
Not long enough
>>
>>51376007
Did they explain WHY they banned them??
>>
>>51376167
Just Google it you nigger
>>
>>51376167
Golgari Grave Troll was because Dredge was an oppressive deck and every sideboard needed 5-6 pieces of graveyard-hate or you would just lose, unless they fizzle.

Gitaxian Probe because it was enabling turn 3 kills too often in Infect and Death's Shadow Zoo.
>>
>>51376200
Well, that just goes to show that banning Twin was a huge mistake. Now that twin is banned, you must ban other cards that cause a large problem without twin to keep certain decks in check. Twin was the sort of gatekeeper of degeneracy. Now, they had to ban keycards of other decks that are now too good without a gatekeeper to keep things in check.
>>
Grixis Control is showing up on mtggoldfish as Grixis Delver. This is actually pretty annoying.
>>
>>51373880
Wow great blog. Glad to hear this input from someone who doesn't even play.
>>
>>51370293
>Whatcha Playin'?
BURN
Ad Nauseaum
if I told you, it would be a secret

>How many decks do you own?
>Most copies of a single card you have?
9 Umara Entanglers (I don't know how I even ended up with so many)
>Sleeve brand/color
Red or Green Matte-back DragonShields, black Shitpros for casual decks
>Deck Box
Black Shitpro Dual box
>DIce / Counters
Chessex Fire Dice
>>
File: 1404342877930.jpg (16KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1404342877930.jpg
16KB, 413x395px
>>51373955
Whatever this guy is on, I would like some.
>>
>>51376975
Wow those questions are shit
>>
>>51376340
How exactly would Twin have kept Dredge in check?
>>
>Whatcha Playin'?
Titanshift. Also have Ad Nauseam but mostly my gf plays it now.
Kiln Fiend and Suicide zoo felt like unwinnable matchups, glad they got a hit. Ad Nauseam is pretty bad too.
I play 4 obstinate baloth in my sideboard always because of how versatile a card it is. Sometimes I play a reverberate in my sb because of how prevalent UW control is in my meta.
What's the best way to use Aethersphere Harvester in modern?
>>
>>51376340
You twiniggers never seem to understand that if Twin was degenerate enough to keep degenerate decks from being good, maybe it was too good.
>>
>>51377314
You're retarded and I don't give a fuck about twin
>>
>t1 lantern of insight
>instant concede
Is there a better feeling?
>>
>>51377595
Ya, actually playing magic
>>
>>51377595

Getting to play a fun game of magic with good friends?
>>
>>51377218
Because Twin can win by turn 4, while buying time by simply tapping your problematic creatures. They can also counter problematic spells like cathartic reunion that made Dredge a top contender like it was ( and still is, if you ask my opinion ). Those options, that are available before sideboarding, makes Twin a decent contender against Dredge, by its inherent nature of simply buying time before the combo is reached.

Now, as you can see, this doesn't step on Dredge's viability, but simply allows the deck to be a gatekeeper, by its natural ability to being able to win before sideboarding. That is how Twin was a perfectly fine deck, and a gatekeeper of these kind of decks. Sure, sometimes Dredge pre-sideboard can be degenerate enough to simply roll over any type of answer you may have, and that's fair: that's what the deck is supposed to do.
>>
>>51377694
>I can't turn my creatures sideways so it's not magic
wew
>>
>>51377793
Yo goddamn retard
Anon means a t1 concession isn't playing magic
>anon is correct
>>
>>51376340
To be fair I don't think that twin would have kept eldrazi or dredge under control
>>
>>51377739
Twin's problem is that it was a contender against everything while also having several auto win matchups. It had no bad matchups, Jund and Grixis don't count when you can just side into a control deck and be 50/50 against them.
>>
>>51377739
Could Dredge just run Abrupt Decay and discard to shit all over Twin's wincon outside of Burn? I seem to remember Jund being great against Twin.
>>
>>51377966
Eldrazi? Certainly not. The deck was too fast for anything to beat it consistently. Dredge? It's debatable. Before any sideboard, dredge cannot remove anything from your board, while you have the advantage of Exarch/Pestermite acting as not only a tapper to tap things that would kill you on the spot, but also as a blocker for eventual bloodghasts, that 3/3 zombie, and so on.

>>51378003
I think it's not a problem, but rather a good thing. Jund acts the exact same way: it doesn't have any bad matchups ( except tron ) but it isn't favored against anything too. Twin had a good time against aggro decks, because it had a strong tempo element to it. The reasoning is the same as dredge. However, the matchup was never ever favored against control or combo decks, which made these decks a very sensible choice in the meta: because it had an increased chance to beat Twin, while also making a name for itself against other decks in the meta. If they played against controls, they would meet an excessive number of counterspells or unbeatable removal. If they would face combo decks, they'd have to take a consideration into trying to either win and possibly facing an enormous blunder while meeting a counter of some sort, or waiting because your opponent would combo out themselves. That's what made Twin a strong, but more importantly, a gatekeeper and a balance enabler for the modern meta.

>>51378009
Dredge often runs Decay in the sideboard. Decay was for sure a key sideboard card against Twin, and if it was ever to come back, that would still be the case.
>>
>>51374036
mine is:
4x arbor elf
4x eternal witness
4x burning-tree emissary
4x wistful selkie
4x birds of paradise
4x primeval titan
1x wolfbriar elemental
1x decimator of the provinces
4x garruk wildspeaker
-
4x utopia sprawl
2x genesis wave
3x primal command
-
7x forest
1x horizon canopy
1x kessig wolf run
2x stomping ground
2x verdant catacombs
4x wooded foothills
4x nykthos, shrine to nyx
sb:
2x relic of progenitus
2x nature's claim
2x melira, sylvok outcast
2x heroic intervention
2x creeping corrosion
1x elderscale wurm
1x courser of kruphix
3x dismember

i've wondered about the possibility of one copy of summoner pact for one primal command...
>>
>>51373846
How does that work sans Git Probe?
I played Ascension storm and I basically disassembled the deck as soon as I got the news.

Maybe someone can help me out.

I've been thinking about getting into DnT in legacy. Is there a lot of spillover into Modern or should I just separate the formats?
>>
>>51378175
Again, Twin didn't "really" have a bad matchup against control and midrange because they could just side into a control deck and be at least 50/50 against them. Even in game 1 you could just eot peek/clique and see that the coast was clear and win the game on any turn. Twin never had a bad matchup against combo idk what you're on about, towards the end it was the only real combo deck besides amulet which it had a good matchup against. On top of that, twin also had a bunch of matchups where it was 90% favored game 1, like affinity and infect. There were plenty of decks that were not playable simply because of a bad twin matchup. So the deck was 50/50 against its bad matchups and 90/10 against its good matchups, that's just too good. Even Jund has several matchups where its a complete dog, and its the best deck in the format right now.

Was there any viable deck that could consistently beat twin over 50% of the time that was not itself a twin variant? The answer was no, and that's why it got banned.
>>
>>51374036
>>51378202
Primal Command into Witness into Command is too much value for most decks to beat eventually. I think Devotion really wants a playset of each.

Showerthought: always wondered why Plow Under never gets played.
>>
>>51378782
It's not nearly as versatile as a command or chord.
>>
>>51372704
Some anon posted a Haakon/KotR knight dredge deck a while back. Not sure how viable it ended up being. I'm thinking about brewing a CoCo variant.
>>
File: thalia.jpg (683KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
thalia.jpg
683KB, 1280x960px
>>51378223
>I've been thinking about getting into DnT in legacy. Is there a lot of spillover into Modern or should I just separate the formats?
there is enough crossover to make a viable list. i prefer thought-knot seer and eldrazi temple lists over purely white weenie but ymmv. i'm currently on UW Jerks with Copter.

check out wescoe almost doing something relevant in modern with white weenie here:
>http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/deck-of-the-day-white-weenie-modern/
if wescoe is on it, it's most assuredly a good list.
>>
>>51379647
>UW Jerks
Share a list, friend?
>>
File: tarmos.jpg (334KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
tarmos.jpg
334KB, 1000x750px
>>51377147
I second this. Who the fuck cares what deckbox/dice you use?

Oh, 9 of one common. I see you're new at this.
>>
>>51372037
Anon, here's a tip.

Click on your start button and go to the search bar. Type in "Snipping Tool", open that shit up and start using that for screen caps.
>>
>>51376975
Literally everything about this is autism
>>
>>51379647
I remember building UW bears a bunch of months ago and posting it here. I got called an epic memer.
>>
>>51379843
Do you know where you are?
This is turbo-autismo-land
>>
where do you buy quality foreign cards? i want russian and korean voice of resurgence
>>
>>51380021
eBay.
>>
>>51379802
Nice anon. I've got many future sight goyfs. No foils though, you lucky duck
>>
>>51379843
>>51379802
no bully pls
I was just putting whatever came to mind, sheesh.
>>
>>51376081
>Blue has been struggling ever since
wizards has never cared about color balance in modern, look at white
>>
>>51380879
White is fine
>>
Is Tron getting 8 top 8 spots yet?
>>
>>51380908
>t. MaRo
>>
>>51380937
Nope
>>
>>51380908
it's on the same level as blue is now, except it's been this way for years
>>
>>51380779

>no bully
>in the /modern/ thread.
>>
>>51380937
Tron still has to fight through Burn, Eldrazi, and Affinity y'know.
>>
>>51380954
>>51380980
Because you can't build mono white?
Fuck off, the top decks run white.
Abzan, Eldrazi, burn, tron, and not far behind are jeskai, hatebears, etc
>>
>>51381055
>Burn
Resolve a Wurmcoil ;^)
>Eldrazi
Resolve a Karn ;^)
>Affinity
Resolve a Pyroclasm ;^)
>>
>>51381119
Burn doesn't run white, it runs Boros Charm because the red side of the card is 4 to face.
>>
>>51381132
You're bad
>>
>>51381152
Wow. Kys you moron
>>
File: IMG_20170124_171125.jpg (2MB, 2432x3286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170124_171125.jpg
2MB, 2432x3286px
Can anyone give me tips how to use this properly. Or do I just trade it for value?
>>
>>51381597
It's an edh/casual card. Modern doesn't really have the tools necessary to abuse it
>>
File: pBtTJKI.jpg (83KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
pBtTJKI.jpg
83KB, 854x640px
I feel like this format is less rewarding when you try to interact with your opponent. Degenerate decks thrive in modern.
Playing GB/x? Doesn't stop their top decking skills
Tron? GL not getting cheesed before you resolve anything big
Control? I can't say much other than perfectly lining up and drawing the right answer to their cheese strategy
Why are we not playing legacy?
>>
>>51381765
Because WotC doesn't care about anything except Standard
>>
File: blue players.jpg (11KB, 180x88px) Image search: [Google]
blue players.jpg
11KB, 180x88px
Made anyone mad today tg?
>>
>>51381765
>play tron
>complain people don't want to interact
>>
>>51381853
I play Tron so everyone is mad always
>>
>>51381597
MUD in legacy, but that deck has been replaced by Eldrazi. If you like EDH you could find a place for that.
>>
>>51381597
1. infinite mana
2. play staff
3. ????
4. profit
>>
>>51381765
no lands, modern needs to be abosrbed into legacy and vintage while wizards pimps commander, pauper, frontier and standard. Vintage and legacy players can be the ultra competative players who are willing to spend money and the babies who just want regular magic without wotc "balance" can play frontier. The babies can play standard and the casuals can stick to pauper/commander.
>>
>>51381878

Maybe he plays U-Tron
>>
>>51381765
I feel like you're just a shitter.
>>
>>51382539
That doesn't really change anything. There's no good interactive cards against tron variants, your best strategy is always to play faster than them and completely ignore them. Tron is the perfect example of decks that make
>this format is less rewarding when you try to interact with your opponent
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsBhaUtwpM

Is he /ourguy/?
>>
>>51382618
Not watching the video but wizards literally wrote an article saying that it was designed to impact modern.
>>
>>51370293
I've only played Magic on my phone and I was wondering where I can go to play it with real cards. Also how welcoming real people who play Magic usually are? I'm pretty awkward in real life.
>>
File: IMG_20170124_130439.jpg (1MB, 3722x3209px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170124_130439.jpg
1MB, 3722x3209px
>save up money for a few months
>purchase a Beta Black Lotus on eBay for $8,500
>clearly fake
Time to kill myself. Already opened my eBay dispute and hit up PayPal.
>>
>>51382809
>Buying eBay lotus

LMAO
>>
>>51382883
I fell for the TrollandToad jew.
>>
>>51382588
Maybe one day players will learn delver decks are the way to go. I have no problem with tron and don't have to be blindingly fast
>>
>>51378647
There's so much bullshit packed into one sentence I didn't think it was possible.
>>
>>51383753
There's like 8 sentences there buddy, you're going to need to be more specific
>>
Would Ceremonious Rejection be a decent SB card vs Tron and Affinity?
>>
>>51383860
It's a good card for SB hate against Tron in specific imo.

What you're playin'?
>>
File: 1396436381055.jpg (57KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1396436381055.jpg
57KB, 720x540px
>>51383775
>Twin didn't "really" have a bad matchup against control and midrange because they could just side into a control deck and be at least 50/50 against them.
Before AV got unbanned this is just false, every card of Jund was a 2-for-1 vs Twin and Keranos was a mediocre plan at best, since it either never resolved or stayed on board vs UWx and Jund beat you to death before it became relevant.
>Even in game 1 you could just eot peek/clique and see that the coast was clear and win the game on any turn.
Peek wasn't ran in most lists, and this doesn't really differ from Infect killing you with an Inkmoth when it wants and sees when the coast is clear with Probe (Requiescat in pace).
>Twin never had a bad matchup against combo idk what you're on about
Twin was heavily unfavored vs Ad Nauseam, since you couldn't basically resolve anything without dying in response nor play draw-go either since at some point the Nauseam pilot will either have Boseiju or 4 Pact of Negations + sideboard.
>On top of that, twin also had a bunch of matchups where it was 90% favored game 1, like affinity and infect.
This doesn't explain why Affinity regularly beat Twin's face in by turn 4 with Etched Champion and Galvanic Blast/Spellskite preventing you from dying to the combo and why Affinity had a higher meta share in 2015 than Twin variants combined, given Twin has more game vs say UWR and Junk, decks vs which Affinity has troubles with.
>There were plenty of decks that were not playable simply because of a bad twin matchup.
None of those hypothetical decks are more viable now than in 2015. If anything any flavor of Uxx control is deader than dead because there's no Twin to wipe the floor with and the rest of the format is too degenerate in too many ways for your sideboard to stretch, maybe things will settle down a bit with bans and push print etc, maybe not.
(continued)
>>
File: get out.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
get out.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>51383775
>>51383957
>Even Jund has several matchups where its a complete dog
Jund has exactly one such matchup and that's Gx Tron, and it sure as shit isn't the best deck overall (if the best deck is to be understood as the highest average win percentage in a matchup matrix vs every other metadeck).
>The answer was no, and that's why it got banned.
That was not the reason they gave and I think this is the point where you stop posting
>>
>>51383973
>Jund has exactly one such matchup
I think valakut also qualifies
>>
>>51383957
>If anything any flavor of Uxx control is deader than dead because there's no Twin to wipe the floor with and the rest of the format is too degenerate in too many ways for your sideboard to stretch, maybe things will settle down a bit with bans and push print etc, maybe not.
I wouldn't say control is dead, but it's not in a great spot, even with push.

We just got this finish, for instance: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=111109
>>
>>51384057
Fulminators, Crumble to Dust, (Blood Moon if you main lotsa basics) and hand disruption make it at least winnable.
>>
>>51384064
Anyone can dodge bad matchups once in a while bumfuck nowhere far away from cameras with any pile. UB Mill has made day 2.
>>
>>51384096
>jund
>blood moon
Fucking kek
>>
Why does Glittering Wish see so little play? It seems like an insanely powerful card, yet it only sees play in meme decks like Ascendancy Combo, or meme variants of real decks like Bring to Light Ad Nauseam.
>>
>>51384135
Know what was great in Ascendancy? Treasure Cruise. Know what else was good? Gitaxian Probe.
>>
>>51384123
>UB mill has made day 2
I want to be there just to see the faces of the people with high tier decks after they were beaten
>>
>>51384064
Is this a promising top 16, or am I just a fruity homo lala man?

It's pretty diverse, has at least SOME range of archetypes. Things look play for Modern, right?
>>
Can u attack with dryad arbor under Blood Moon?
>>
>>51384184
No, it's a Mountain.
>>
>>51384195
But is still a creature
>>
>>51384306
Nope
>>
>>51384306
No, it's a Mountain. Blood Moon doesn't say in addition to its other types.
>>
>>51384184
Yes, disregard the retard above. It's a 1/1 Mountain Dryad that taps for red.
>>
>>51383860
it's best as SB if you're playing Fish imo
>>
>>51384331
>>51384322
Dude, check Gatherer on Dryad Arbor.

>9/22/2011 If Dryad Arbor is changed into another basic land type (such as by Sea’s Claim), it continues to be a creature and a Dryad.
>>
>>51384322
>>51384331
If Dryad Arbor is changed into another basic land type (such as by Sea's Claim), it continues to be a creature and a Dryad. So, it's a Land Creature - Moutain Dryad.
>>
>>51384371
My god I am fucking sick of all the exceptions to all the rules that Dryad Arbor is involved in.
>>
>>51384396
It follows directly from the way layers work. Learn the rules before answering questions.
>>
>>51384322
>>51384331
Blood Moon changes land subtypes, not types. Making Dryad Arbor a mountain does not change whether or not it's a creature.

>>51384396
How is this scenario an exception?
>>
>>51370434
>>51370682

I play Eldrazi Tron, and I enjoy it. It's still GR Tron, but $$ cheaper because it's Titans and Worldbreakers instead of Wurmcoils, Karns, and Ugins. I have one Ugin, the Spirit Dragon in
there and I'd like to get a second. I run some All is Dust for flavor. Can't decide on which wipe to play, but I'd like it to Kozilek's Return since it's on flavor and grab-able with stirrings.

I don't have anywhere to play right now (looking around), so I don't know how good it is, but it's been wining in the games I played with friends.

My secret wish is to build a tron around Spawnsire of Ulamog to cast an enormous sideboard, but I know it isn't a competitively good idea.
>>
Should I get the stomping ground expedition to match my steam vents and breeding pool or is the original just much better in this case?
>>
File: 1483600376615.jpg (27KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1483600376615.jpg
27KB, 500x379px
>>51370293
>Whatcha playin
Gobbos
>Whatcha hatin most
Eggs.

God damn eggs.

Get fucked you soulless artifact sacking peasants! "Uh sack this, get two colorless mana. Um tap this Mox opal for 1 blue"

"You don't have metal craft"

"Play this darksteel citadel. Tap MOX OPAL for 1 blue..."

Jesus fucking Christ. Like just go beat off in the bathroom. I'm gonna go have a cigarette while you manufacture a nonsensical amount of mana, all so you can fuck up your math and pass the turn to get steamrolled by smash to smithereens and gobbo grenades.

Fuck. You. You virgin, solitaire playing mother fuckers.

>Got any secret sideboard tech
Bout to start sideboarding an AR-15 for the next mongrel that wants to spend 30 fucking minutes playing with himself on each of his turns

>I'm running out of questions someone pitch me a few
How is the release of aether revolt poised to change the meta game of modern? Vehicles with siege modification and temur battlerage is looking nasty, counter proliferation with panharmonicon, peema renegade, winding constrictor etc looking pretty good. What are you or your friends brewing this season so far?
>>
>>51384559
>THIS PERSON DOESN'T PLAY LIKE I WANT TO PLAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>51384559
Wow.. Kill yourself
>>
>>51384559
You seem angry.
Angry about Eggs.

Wouldn't you feel better if you just let that anger roll off your back? Just let it go.

Or here's another thought, you don't have to make them play out their combo. You can conceed.
>>
>>51384541
>it's still GR tron
>while playing alike but just slaps undercosted threats on the board until someone dies
Really nigga?
>>
>>51384559
>complaining about eggs
>2017
Wew lad how does it feel to be a raging faggot?
>>
>>51384546
Expeditions all the way. The art on the original stomping ground is mediocre. Rob alexander is overrated
>>
>>51384559
Honestly, two can play that game. Remember to stop priority at every point to ask what's going on and think for half a minute if you want to pass priority back. Taking it to draw just to fuck off the combo player.
>>
>>51383957
You have to learn how to not contradict yourself if you want to win arguments. You also have to know what you're talking about when it comes to which decks were viable at certain points in time. You also took several points out of context which is a big no no as well. Here's a quick response.

>Keranos was not a mediocre plan, and neither was bolt/snap/bolt and flash creature beats.
>You just confirmed I was right as probe just got banned for enabling combo kills in the same fashion for too little cost.
>Ad nauseam was a fringe deck at best at that time with few paper results. Its pointless to argue that it had a good matchup when no one was playing it. The other combo deck in the format was amulet which twin had a favorable matchup against.
>Affinity does not have spellskite game 1 unless they are hedging for twin because it is such a bad mu. Having 4 galvanic blasts did not make affinity have a good twin matchup. You cannot seriously tell anyone that affinity regularly won against twin and was not a complete dog in game 1. You straight up lied as well, twin had 12.5% metagame share comparted to affinity's 8.5% http://modernnexus.com/modern-metagame-breakdown-121-1231/
>>
>>51378647
8 rack, I didn't even sub to beat twin.
>>
>>51384724
Yep.

Actually, What do you mean by Under-costed Threats? I am playing all the Titans, and they cost quite a bit.
>>
>>51378782
>mono green
plow under is really sweet, but again its one of those cards that let your opponent pick what leaves
>>
Is there a large tournament going on right now?

Where can I see the listings so far?
>>
>>51384371
So would Darksteel still be an Artifact mountaint?
>>
>>51373880
Literally kys
>>
>>51386421
Yes.
>>
>>51375688
I run two in my list mostly because control and creature decks are big in my meta. It works well but the games where you get both really suck
>>
File: Time-Walks_zps4bfc4aff.png (462KB, 668x310px) Image search: [Google]
Time-Walks_zps4bfc4aff.png
462KB, 668x310px
currently playing this xD
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blue-moon-turns-1/
>>
>>51381132
Tron get a fucked by burn. It is quite possibly their worst matchup. Even with chalice and wurmcoils you don't stand a chance
>>
>>51388110

I don't know if you're trying to shitpost with the XD bit, but I actually do like the idea of using Taking Turns plus Chandra's Ultimate to kill the opponent. Only need to hit three times, and building towards the ult. helps you play more "take turns" spells. It's not a bad idea. I think it could be improved, though. I'd personally run Temporal Trespass, as I think the Delve makes it easier to cast, and Ancestral Vision for card draw, as Serum Visions is just pretty freaking weak. A Snapcaster Mage and Gigadrowse would also be useful.
>>
>>51388110

Very nice meme fellow combro.

The input I can provide is that:

1. LabMan is a nice alternate wincondition but seeing as how you have ways to prevent selfmill, you could opt for a card that fills a similar role while providing a different form of value. Thassa would be a similar 3drop that wins you the game, while also providing a pseudo-mine when you play it.

2. I usually only need one graveshuffle effect to ensure no selfmilling. I personally run an Elixir mb and a Day's Undoing in the sb for fighting Jund, but with 2 Days in your mainboard you could possibly even forgo the Elixir and rely on your Days to stop you from decking. Of course, they do exile themselves afterward, so Elixir could still be waranted if you wanna go infinite.
Just saying it wouldn't be too greedy to cut Elixir given that your Days can fulfill a similar job
Of course
>>
No one is showing up to my lgs for modern anymore this is lame.
>>
>>51381597
Use it with >>51372037
>>
>>51384135
Lack of variety in worthwhile targets.
>>
>>51385720
I think you are mistaken!

Plow under says "Put two target lands on top of their owner's library." That means the caster picks the targets and the order that they go on top.

You really just need a milling agent to make it awesome.
>>
>>51385106
As an Affinity player of that time I can confirm. Electrolyze sucks balls.
>>
>>51388525
Making them draw two lands they already played for the next two turns is better than just destroying two lands.
>>
>>51382648
link?
>>
>Whatcha Playin'?
Lantern Control

People who think it's cute to slow play when I have them locked out and am milling several cards a turn.

I had a guy sit and flip cards for a minute and a half each turn. I stayed calm, but it was annoying as balls to hear "FLAP FLAP FLAP FLAP" for a minute and a half.

>Other questions
What's you guys dream when it comes ot the game? My dream is autistic as shit. I want to become the greatest Lantern player in the game. I want people to hear "Anon LASTNAME" and think, "Man that guy's good. He evaluates games like no other."

But I'm a retard and suck cocks.

>>51388490

My shop has the exact opposite problem. No one ever shows up for an event unless it's Modern. This includes draft and I fucking love draft.
>>
>>51388525
It's amazing in a mono-g devotion sideboard, try out one
Is more backbreaking than primal command in the right matchup especially if you already have the witness in hand. The deck is 80% landbounce anyways

you don't even want the mill because having 5 lands on top of their deck is game

>>51388495
easily fits, it used to be in the main

-1 Magnifying Glass
+1 Staff

you could also trim an island. there's been too much flood lately, even in borderpostless hands.
>>
>>51370293
>>Whatcha Playin'?
Dredge.
Newfound inconsistancy, mainboard relics, and the entire Ad Nauseum deck.
I was testing Pack Rat in the board for matchups where I'd usually cast GGT. It was spicy, and stole games, but I definitely won't be using it at the GP.
>>
>>51388663
>slowplaying lantern
I play lantern online and I'm considering building it in paper and I was wondering about some of the salt that happens irl. Do you find that people do it often? How often do people rage? How do you deal with it?
>>
>>51388786

Honestly, most people are good sports and scoop when they realize that they're 100 percent locked out and it's a fruitless endeavor.

Sometimes people get cute and play it out but lose anyway and then they get mad at themselves.

The salt used to bother me but I learned to tell myself that it's not a sleight against me that they're angry. It's their own problem for being a sore loser or, in some cases, a sore winner.
>>
>>51388706
>dredgebro
If you like testing spice you should try out a Collective Defiance.
>>
>>51388786

I played a guy at GP D.C. and it was pretty funny how it happened.

>Be running Lantern Control
>Playing against Podless Melira
>I've used two Surgical Extractions to take his Murderous Redcaps and Kitchen Finks
>He knows that he can beat me to death if he top-decks a Qasali Pridemage
>Pridemage is literally his only way out
>I knew this
>Play Pithing Needle and name Pridemage
>Guy stands up
>Cracks his neck and knuckles
>Says "Let's fucking do this!"
>He sits back down
>I mill him out three turns later

I'm like, "All that fucking pomp and circumstance to lose? What?"
>>
>>51388827
That sounds memetacular
>>
>>51372492
Probably yeah
>>
>>51375695
You missed fatal push.
>>
>>51388857
I thought he was about to be dqed for violence in that story. I too am disappointed in his pomp and circumstance.
>>
Is jund still good? It hasn't won anything major lately
>>
File: uw jerks.png (438KB, 1598x904px) Image search: [Google]
uw jerks.png
438KB, 1598x904px
>>51379760
>Share a list, friend?
sure, dude. here. my local meta is posted up here
>>51371128

wx weenies is a list that can really leverage good metagaming, which i strongly advocate you do.
>>
>>51388827
>Collective Defiance
you mean Collective Brutality?
>>
>>51372704
Bant Knightfall is super competitive. Uses the combo with retreat to coralhelm.
>>
File: 1484318957731.jpg (45KB, 433x469px) Image search: [Google]
1484318957731.jpg
45KB, 433x469px
>>51376975
>not using KMC hyper mattes
>>
>>51388490
i go to one lgs for standard and a different one for modern. The same people are at both events, but it's just kond of developed this way.
>>
>>51389720
>Not using Dragon Shield Mattes
>>
How ass are elves in Modern?
>>
>>51389887
Modern is a removal-rich environment and Elves is all-creatures.

They are complete ass.
>>
>>51382461
>pauper
>casual

My nigga pauper is just less powerful legacy
>>
I'm going to GP Vancouver pretty quick here.
Are cards generally cheaper at GP's or should I not bother waiting and just order my cards online now?
>>
>>51389288
>>51389288
No the red one.
Brutality is great tho
>>
>>51390191
Order now. Cards at GPs are like food at the theater
>>
You guy's like Desolator?
RDB is just as retarded IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URZztzhZXYM
>>
>>51390323
Fuck off and your shilling
>>
>>51390196
oh, i see. you can wheel and dredge the draws. seems fine at 3 mana.
>>
>>51370293
looking for a good decklist that just uses cheap Green mana cost only creatures.
>>
>>51388525
Its been a while since ive read the card thanks for reminding me, maybe combo it with ghost quarter to land screw them as well? Im definitly going to try it out sb. Think its brought in againt tron and control?
>>
>>51374720
Where does this come from?
>>
>>51390994
Elves or stompy. Both lose to boardclears take your pick
>>
>>51390191
>tfw I bought a box of BFZ on a whim because people at my LGS were cracking boxes
>tfw expedition Delta
>everyone got jel
>box was £90
>sold it for £200
>>
>>51389092
Yeah I agree, not enough lantern control players get the shit beaten out of them. Frankly they deserve it
>>
>>51388663
>Plays lantern
>Complains about other people slow playing
You can't make this shit up
>>
I want Tarns, Misties, and Snappies. But since MM17 is looming and reprints are likely at this point, it's just not worth it.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Looking to además te 13th creature for infect. I'm between pic related and plague stinger. It's ir worth to Splash black?
>>
>>51392221
>Add the.
Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>51392221
Add a couple Livewire Lashes if you want spice.
>>
>>51391843
Lantern is not a slow deck since after the setup all decisions turn trivial and every time you go time is on your opponent who takes a minute every turn flicking irrelevant cards.
>>
>>51391843
>I've never played lantern or played against lantern the post
Lantern is not a slow deck, I don't know where this meme came from.
>>
>>51392233
Either that or viridian corrupter. Not worth the splash.
>>
File: Stunted Growth_IA.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Stunted Growth_IA.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>51388525
I see what i did, got it mixed up with stunted growth
>>
Is there a way for mono black deck to tutor artifacts without Diabolic Tutor?

I'm trying to brew mono B troll that abuses Isochron Scepter with Extirpates/Funeral Charm/Geth's Verdict.
(basically brewing variant of 8-rack)

But the problem is consistency for finding the scepter and my racks.
>>
>>51393434
Not in mono black, you will need to splash blue (the crane), green (ancient stirrings), or white
>>
>>51393434
Rule 1 of deckbuilding:

If your deck idea includes isochron scepter it is too cute and will not work out. Trust me.
>>
File: 1450059641543.jpg (60KB, 636x542px) Image search: [Google]
1450059641543.jpg
60KB, 636x542px
>>51393495
>If your deck idea includes isochron scepter it is too cute and will not work out. Trust me.
>>
>>51393434
If you're emptying your hand anyway try pic related.
>>
File: IMG_5713.jpg (47KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5713.jpg
47KB, 223x310px
>>51393587
Forgot my pic.
>>
>>51393599
Didn't know there's 4th tutor, but thanks will consider.

Coming back from a long hiatus from magic, still trying to wrap my head around the changes since Kamigawa block
I stopped playing around Betrayers and since like 4-6 months trying to get myself into modern
>>
>Whatcha Playin'?
ElfStoneLeap
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gb-cloudstoneleap/
It's pretty bad but it's what I love doing. I'd be playing Legacy elves if I could afford it. I mostly play EDH so this is my only 60 card deck right now.

Bolt decks. Which looking at what I'm playing makes sense.

Garruk Relentless is a good card for fighting other creature decks or even tutoring combo pieces once you flip him.

Why does Wizards hate combo?
>>
File: tumblr_npq1z9udJ51sviuduo1_250.gif (2MB, 245x254px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npq1z9udJ51sviuduo1_250.gif
2MB, 245x254px
>>51384541
I made an Eldrazi Tron Deck. How did I do /tg/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shogg-tron/
I already bought the cards I needed for it
>>
>>51371420
Eons torn is banned now isnt he? I took him out of my deck.
>>
>>51393761
I don't think they really hate combo decks. I think they're stuck with a situation that if they print certain cards designed for combo decks, those decks can be unbeatable quite quickly, especially without the existence of Force Of Will, Daze, etc.

So yeah. I know, it sucks that you can't build awesome comboes in modern, but for that to happen, you'd need to have answers. Blue already has trouble with their existing counterspells and is in a laughable position right now, just imagine if the format was full of combo decks able to terminate you on turn 2.
>>
File: Emrakul the Aeons Torn.webm (155KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
Emrakul the Aeons Torn.webm
155KB, 400x224px
>>51393819
>Eons torn is banned now

Fuck no. Only in Commander.

>he

You silly goose.
>>
>>51374720
They're never gonna bang because Gideon is too much of a white knight well soldier technically.
>>
>>51388525
>>51391070
do not use any mill or shuffle effects after resolving a plow under. making the opponent redraw and replay two land cards he's already drawn and played is exponentially more powerful than simply removing two lands from their battlefield and giving them fresh draws.
>>
>tfw just purchased 450 in expeditions

Anyone else like swag?
>>
>>51394684
>tfw bought a set of judge promo hierarch
>>
>>51394053
Right now he's a white ally
>>
>>51394753
Nice bud. Those look great. Definitely what I'd go with if I played them
>>
>>51394775
Ally? Damn you SJWs you include LGBT up in this shit ...
>>
>>51372704
I've been running a CoCo knight deck/ Basically all the good 3 drop knights. Really fun
>>
>>51394684
>>51394753
Ugh. Where do you people get this money? I can barely afford any deck
>>
>>51395131
NEET money, my friend
>>
>>51395131
I'm a salesman. Commission is a blessing
>>
>>51375030
>sword of x and y
>against BGX
Dont do this. It's a bad idea.
They will just Abrupt decay it.
>>
>>51393761
Garruk is bad senpai. He dies to bolt and can't use his flipside abilities the turn he flips.
>>
File: Pack Rat FinalBest.png (283KB, 396x554px) Image search: [Google]
Pack Rat FinalBest.png
283KB, 396x554px
>>51370293
>>Whatcha Playin'?
Skred Red and 8Rack
My mistakes.
I have my bridges in my SB, ppl dont see them and take out artifact hate, i slam a bridge and they usually concede.
>>I'm running out of questions. Someone pitch me a few.
How do i deal with me taking the wrong cards out of their hand? Do i just sit down and learn what makes the decks work?
>>
>>51395379
LOL why play anything right? That 1-2 of abrupt decay will ruin everything
>>
>>51389887
They're alright if you are playing GW
GB elves is cool but you lose access to all the good "make sure my shit doesn't get fucked."
It folds to Jund tho, and that's pretty much the most popular deck in the format.
>>
>>51395588
>I have my bridges in my SB, ppl dont see them and take out artifact hate, i slam a bridge and they usually concede
Nobody takes out artifact hate against 8rack. Your win cons are artifacts and enchantments
>>
>>51395608
Not Tron :^)
>>
>>51395379
Grixis delver is a shitty meme deck anyway, let him play more bad cards in his bad deck
>>
>>51395512
No one will play bolt now that fatal push is legal :^)
>>
>>51395618
The good builds ran Rats in the side and side out racks for them to dodge ancient grudge, k-command and whatnot. Ensnaring Bridge is unnecessary if you run Smallpox.
>>
>>51395758
I run 3 rats and 3 asylum visitor MB, then i can side in bridges if needed.
>>
>>51394173
I guess my ieea was to nake the lands leave and really set him back if they just draw stuff they cant play. But again drawing 2 deadish cards in a row is a death sentence anyway
>>
>>51395758
Why not run Geth's Verdict instead of Smallpox?

Granted I sideborded couple Poxes lately.
>>
>>51395892
When I'm on Burn I bring Guerilla Tactics in my side just for 8-rack. The salt from you 8rackers is divine.
>>
>>51396006
You want to turn your redundant Swamps/Dakmor Salvage into Strip Mines. If you resolve Smallpox vs Infect t2 you basically cannot lose.
>>
>>51396108
It's hard to lose against infect as 8rack unless you get a shitty hand and they get a good one
>>
>>51396189
I find without Smallpox you're just getting blown out by Vines and Blossoming Defense and dying when they untap/topdeck Become Immense after you've enabled it with your discard, Ensnaring Bridge is way too slow. Same principle applies vs Burn and Affinity too, you need a way to punish 1-2land keeps.
>>
>>51396362
Smallpox versions are bad. The deck is already trash so take that how you will
>>
>>51396446
What a convincing post.
>>
I unironically love playing Burn. What kind of person does that make me?
>>
>>51396546
Simple.
>>
File: Smuggler's Copter_KLD.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Smuggler's Copter_KLD.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
Playing mardu vehicles with updated modern technology. If anyone wants the list I made reply and I'll post it when I get home fancy style.
This build probably won't be making any top 8s soon, however with push and all the best removal modern has to offer (path, bolt, dismember, push..ect..) it's poised to get some results. Pre probe and troll bans this deck has a decent track record and consistently threatens lethal turn 4.
Copter and toolcraft really shine and with the consistency of clues and looting from copter (and depala) keeps the deck from fizzling. Im also curious if harvester is viable as well (haven't tested that yet) that would require a rebuild of the current list.
>TL;DR new fast lands are good and copter performs in modern.
>>
>>51396574
Post it, I want to believe.
>>
>>51395704
>Bolting something other than your opponent's face
This is why everyone says /tg/ is bad at magic
>>
Rate my zoo shitbrew :

Main:
4 Arid Mesa
4 Atarka's Command
2 Bloodstained Mire
4 Burning-Tree Emissary
3 Dryad Militant
1 Forest
4 Goblin Guide
4 Greenwheel Liberator
4 Hidden Herbalists
4 Kird Ape
4 Lightning Bolt
1 Mountain
4 Narnam Renegade
4 Reckless Bushwhacker
1 Sacred Foundry
4 Stomping Ground
4 Wild Nacatl
4 Wooded Foothills
>>
>>51397046
You're the one who's bad.
>>
So iv been thinking of getting into modern and a gr Tron deck popped up on Craigslist for 500, everything in it was around 750 on tcgplayer. Do you think this would be a good entry into the format?

I was also thinking of abzan Coco, but I need to test that deck out
>>
>>51397046
>not bolting a creature when that creature kills you faster than you can bolt face
>not burning creatures and playing the tempo game
>not using Rift Bolt turn 1/2 to help keep creatures off board
>not desperately wishing Lava Spike also hit creatures just so you have extra sorcery speed removal

It's like you never played burn before.
>>
>>51397262
Abzan CoCo hasn't put up results in over a year, and also gets hosed by incidental graveyard hate that people have for dredge. Tron is at least decent and pretty much stomps any rogue fnm shitbrews you might encounter.
>>
>>51397157
I'm not the one who is casting bolts at my opponent's creatures

>>51397262
Tron is pretty good desu
But if you play it, expect /tg/ to call you a degenerate.
Abzan coco is also pretty good. Just make sure you have pridemages
>>
>>51397304
Char to the face anon, char to the face.
>>
>>51397332
>I'm not the one who is casting bolts at my opponent's creatures
Then you're the one losing lmao
>>
>>51396642
Look for a reply around 7
>>
I think Smuggler's Copter has the makings of a real card in modern, but what kind of a shell would it fit in? I was thinking it might be able to spice up mono red burn
>>
>>51399717
WBx because T1 Thoughtseize T2 Copter T3 Lingering Souls crew attack is about as good as you'll get really.
>>
File: 20170125_160824.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170125_160824.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Am I a patrician /tg/
>>
>>51399810
>Tron
>Zoo
>Affinity
0 for 3
>>
>>51399891
it's Naya burn actually.
>>
File: 1485122338778.jpg (43KB, 525x336px) Image search: [Google]
1485122338778.jpg
43KB, 525x336px
What is the best deck in Modern right now?
>>
>>51399940
Experience Breaking // Entering combo
>>
>>51399810
Where's your promo Eugenes?
>>
New thread

>>51400003
>>51400003
>>51400003
>>
>>51372704

No matter what anyone says, knightfall is not a knight deck. It uses a singular knight as a combo piece. that's like calling kiki chord a goblin deck.
>>
File: pic unrelated.png (84KB, 1265x127px) Image search: [Google]
pic unrelated.png
84KB, 1265x127px
tfw just smashed idiot affinity player with Jund :)
he even put out Blood Moon as a last ditch, started crying in the chatbox

This is for all the fair decks out there
>>
>>51399717
Something with too many creatures for spot removal to deal with. Tokens maybe
>>
>>51399940
Goblins
>>
File: 20170125_190037.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170125_190037.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>51396642
Forgot I loaned out my fetches so this land base is the janky version (also makes push a little less crazy)
Tear it up.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.