[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/exg/ - Exalted General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 17

File: WuJian.png (3MB, 1194x1234px) Image search: [Google]
WuJian.png
3MB, 1194x1234px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>3E Backer Core (Old)
https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e
>>
File: city.jpg (235KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
city.jpg
235KB, 1600x1000px
I will exchange sexual favors for Exalted games, preferably 1x1, but group games are cool too. 2e or 3e is fine.

Want to run an obscure setting shard or something your normal party might not be game for? I'm the player for you! I'll hear out any campaign premise, vanilla or exotic. I'm a good roleplayer that makes believable characters. They have hopes and aspirations and don't flounder in a sandbox- I never lack self-direction.

Add me on Discord: Memette#2700
>>
But but but where can I find a gaming store that hosts this near me?
>>
How do you train Integrity? Meditate on a mountaintop?
>>
>>51368664
BDSM. See how long you can last before using your safeword.
>>
>>51368573
Your best bet is probably trying to start a game yourself and finding some interested people.
>>
>>51369080
Welp rip me.
>>
>>51368850
Monkey.
>>
How long until the next book comes out?
>>
>>51369915
Who knows? All I know is I'm starting to regret subscribing to the OPP newsletter, because seeing other projects move on while hearing fucking nothing about Exalted is frustrating as hell.
>>
>>51369915
>>51370560
Remind me what's next? The Artifact book?
>>
>>51370841
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Arms of the Chosen is next. Then Dragon-Blooded and the Realm.
>>
>>51368573
You can do a google search of local gaming stores, but as always the best way to find a game is to run a game.
>>
>>51368664
Either that or ignoring people every time they ask you for a favor.
>>
>>51371995
That's just life as normal
>>
>>51373518
Wow your life must be shit
>>
Friendly reminder, if you need a Martial Arts teacher you should definitely head to Wu Jian.
They've got the best.
>>
>>51375304
Who is in Wu Jian?
>>
>>51368545
Are you tzer?
>>
>>51368545
>Click link
>CIA bursts through your door because you accept to exchange sexual favor with underage girl(male)
>get sent to prison
>1 year later get out
>The next book of Exalted is still not out
>>
>>51375542
I don't think I am?
>>
>>51375345
A bunch of martial arts gangs and/or schools that like to have kung fu fights of the city's streets.
>>
>>51377447
What styles are popular there?
>>
>>51378095
No idea, since all we know about the place is based on a short description in the 3E core.
>>
>>51370896
Just a reminder that Dragon-Blooded book is going to be kickstarted.
>>
>>51378525
But why
>>
>>51378525
You know, anon, I could've done without that reminder.
>>
>>51378525
I thought they'll just kickstart a premium edition or something like Miracles, but already have the book itself written?
>>
I need pictures of Immaculate Monks. Help me, /exg/, you're my only hope.
>>
So... how the fuck does socialize work in 3e?
>>
>>51379560
What do you mean? You use it to read people and social situations, and to hide your intentions. Is there something confusing about it?
>>
>>51379560
The Socialize ability specifically, or social influence in general? Socialize is basically the ability you use to read people, avoid being read, and to keep from fucking up etiquette stuff. You can also use it for various social influence actions in formal situations.
>>
File: fire immaculate.jpg (116KB, 736x1079px) Image search: [Google]
fire immaculate.jpg
116KB, 736x1079px
>>51379350
>>
File: monk punch.jpg (168KB, 1600x1108px) Image search: [Google]
monk punch.jpg
168KB, 1600x1108px
>>51380274
>>
File: monk.jpg (72KB, 594x908px) Image search: [Google]
monk.jpg
72KB, 594x908px
>>51380349
>>
File: stocky monk.jpg (469KB, 703x1024px) Image search: [Google]
stocky monk.jpg
469KB, 703x1024px
>>51380374
>>
>>51380274
Too much hair for an Immaculate monk.
>>
>>51380274
Thank you, kind anon. If anyone needs some character pictures as well, I could try and dump some from my folder
>>
>>51378525
True. OTOH, the devs seem to acknowledge that the core KS has been a fucking disaster, so when the DB Kickstarter comes that should *hopefully* have that thing sitting in Art Direction or some shit rather than First Draft.

Hopefully.
>>
>>51382060
Hopeâ„¢
>>
>>51379872
>>51379898
The whole persona charm thing.
I can't wrap my head around it.
>>
>>51383445
persona charm thing?
wasn't that larceny?
>>
>>51383445
Think of a persona as a disguise for your thoughts.

A normal disguise is a change in how you look right. You might be a law abiding dude but you're trying very hard to look like a criminal so that you can go undercover. However you still think its wrong to be a criminal so someone skilled at reading subtle clues might notice that you're not exactly the hardned criminal you pretend to be.

A persona is a step further than just a disguise, you become a different personality. You are no longer just a detective diguised as a criminal, your entire mindset, your way to look at the world, changes. All the subtle behaviours of a hardned criminal are there because that's what you are. All your intimacies are as you chose them to be as to mirror those one would expect a hardned criminal to have.
>>
Is demon summoning a forbidden art; like no matter where you are you will be run out of civilized society for summoning up a demon or two?
Would a guild of half-demons be out of the question?
>>
>>51383655
Different guy, but was struggling over this a couple of threads back, but how far down does the Persona reach? In your example the detective is presumably super deep undercover to break some case, when the opportunity presents itself to turn them all in how do you do that when you at that point in time probably have "Major Intimacy: Fuck the Police"?

Basically, would you take actions contrary to what your current Persona's Intimacies would show because you have a core character you still are?
>>
>>51383655
Except its much more than just a diguise right.
Once you think like a criminal you're not far away from being a criminal. So your character would be perfectly undercover, doing things he'd never do if it weren't for this persona.

So if you use a persona to change into a death cultist you literally start thinking like a death cultist. All those glorious solar ambitions are gone and replaced by whatever Intimacies you selected for your persona.
You could of course act against the personas intimacies but as long as you're in the persona you would gain Limit as if they were your own Intimacies that you're acting against (because the are your own Intimacies at the moment).

So what are personas good for? Well they can be used when just lookling like you belong is no longer enough. No matter how skilled someone is at reading your true intentions he won't find anything suspicious if you use a persona because you can freely chose the personas intimacies.

There's another use case for personas, and that's overcoming your characters flaws.

For example:
1) You play a staunch pacifist that doesn't want to kill people but you know that sometimes things have to be done.
You create a Persona that will do what must be done so you don't get Limit when you change into the Persona and go'a murdering.

2) You play a generaly unlikable guy, you're brash and headstrong but there's a really important meeting coming up and you need to be shrewd or at least even-temered. You create a persona that no longer has all those problematic intimacies such as "I'll fight anyone that insults my glorious biceps".
>>
>>51383807
I don't think there's a perfect answer for that in the book but here's my take on it:

The book's uses some choise words when describing the effects of a persona:

>the Solar can act against her true Intimacies
>The Solar may use her persona’s Intimacies to void social influence against her,

So the key words here are "can" and "may".

So I would say that it works roughly like this:
The Solar can decide to which extent his character acts on the personas intimacies. In case of the undercover detective how far he goes to "Fuck the Police".
He doesn't have to do so but acting against the personas (now his) intimacies would still force him to roll limit like normal.
Since the personas intimacies are now his these intimacies could be the target of social actions. So Lawless Citizen #1 could approach our persona'd Solar and say "Hey, you know what you should do? Burn down the guard post over there". And since the solar has the Intimacy "Fuck the Police" that would be a valid persuade action.

Our law-abiding solar without his persona would not have an intimacy that would allow for such a persuade action without creating some sort of intimacy first.

Now the book doesn't say anything on switching out of a persona. It mentions how long it takes to take on a persona but not that it also takes the same amount of time to switch out of it. Maybe it's intended to also take 4 hours as it does with activating the persona but I really odn't know.

So long story short:
>would you take actions contrary to what your current Persona's Intimacies would show because you have a core character
You could, the same way a character could act against his Intimacies in the first place (beware that Limit though).
>>
>>51383757
>Is demon summoning a forbidden art; like no matter where you are you will be run out of civilized society for summoning up a demon or two?
No, demon summoning is an important part of most sorcerous educations and the Realm has detailed laws on the number of demon slaves a sorcerer may keep.
>>
>>51384094
Mechanically it's pretty clear, Limit gain and persuade actions, my confusion comes in how I should roleplay the Personas, that's the weird part.
>>
>>51384679
I mean you can go against your normal intimacies, so why shouldn't you be able to do so with persona intimacies?

I think normally the persona would act along the lines of the intimacies, the same that a character would normally act along the lines of his intimacies.
>>
>>51384679

It gets kind of meta. You, the player, are roleplaying your character, your character, in turn, is roleplaying a persona. You can shoot for the "this character is playing a role but is still recognizably herself" angle or you can just pretend you're playing a totally new character.
>>
>>51368317
Oh is this "Does Anyone Still Play This" Edition?
>>
File: 1445996432258.jpg (55KB, 643x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445996432258.jpg
55KB, 643x1000px
>>51368545
Gonna ask here because I don't want to add randos to my discord...

What sort of campaign are you hoping for? Themes, locales, objectives, etc.

I'm actually more interested to see how the rules hold up in a 1v1 than anything else.
>>
>>51385011
>currently in one year-long very good game
>also planning DB game with same, very good playgroup

Just because people don't want you in their games doesn't mean they don't exist.
>>
>>51384179
What about outside of the Realm?
And the demon blooded guild?
>>
>>51385283
There's definitely kingdoms in Creation that consider demon summoning a crime, but that's more because Creation is big and varied.

As for the 'guild', in general there shouldn't be enough demon-blooded in one place to form an organisation of their own, unless there's a specific reason for it. You might get such an organisation in Nexus or a place with a Yozi cult in the past that lead to lots of Demonblooded.
>>
>>51385050
Add me instead, I'll run a game for you so we can try.
>>
>>51385050
Locales? I'm fine anywhere in Creation, though I prefer the West and the North.

As for theme and tone, I'm open to whatever the GM likes to run. I'm fine with grimdark interpretations of the setting- Creation is a very awful place, after all. Or something more hopeful.

My characters are generally leaders. No disrespect to all the great individual spies or warriors, but I'd be kicking myself in the head if I had all the potential of a Solar Exalted and didn't use it to forge empires or perhaps great works of sorcery.

I like a mixture of kingdom building (as specific or abstract as you'd like), large scale warfare, roleplay/character development, court intrigue, and individual combat. My characters typically build a strong home and power base.

Ultimately, I make characters suited for the game the GM wants to run. In my opinion, if the ST doesn't have a strong vision and desire to run the campaign, it's probably doomed to failure. I respect their considerable effort by tailoring a great character that fits their game.
>>
>>51386867
East and the North, not the West.

Thanks, Patrick.
>>
>>51385389
There could also be an organisation that draws demon-blooded from a wider area. Maybe a rumoured hidden community that provides a safe haven for the often persecuted demon-blooded, maybe a sinister organisation that's keen on getting its hands on people with a bit of suernatural oomph and plenty of incentive to set themselves apart from normal society, something like that.
>>
>>51385011
I just finished running a game tonight.
>>
So, I'm making a group of dragonblooded to serve as antagonists in my game, all part of a wyld hunt. All of them (save their mentor) are relatively young and eager to prove themselves, and have joined the wyld hunt for various different reasons. I wanted to run their concepts past /exg/, just to hear some opinions on if these sound potentially interesting. They are as follows:

>Fire aspect swordswoman - From house Cathak. Quick temper, kind of a bitch, but if she considers you a friend she'll risk your neck for you. Fights with paired short daiklaves, think I'll stick to DB melee (using clutch of dragons homebrew) but I've considered Steel Devil style. Joined the wyld hunt because she pissed off one of her uncle's somehow and has been sent to "get some experience out in the world". Essentially, to get her out of her parents' hair.
>Wood aspect musician - From house V'neef. Nice guy, not really a pacifist but not a fan of needless violence either. Loves to play the lyre. Debating whether or not to have him use Silver Nightingale or DB archery with the performance charm that lets DBs make archery attacks with music. Sent by his Sesus mom because she thinks he's a little too gentle to survive in Realm politics (let alone an actual fight), so she sent him to get some real-life experience hoping he'll shape up, since she's certain his mentor will keep him safe.
>Water aspect sneak - From house Iselsi. His father became an anathema and he faced a lot of stigma (even for an Iselsi) because of it, so he joined the wyld hunt to prove his loyalty and take out some aggression on anathema. Sneaky, smart, and kind of a stick in the mud, the type that's serious to the point of being kind of a dick. The Mouth of Peace knows him and once owed his father a debt of gratitude before he became anathema, so she repayed it by making sure this guy ended up with the mentor I'll mention last to keep him safe and make sure he learns the ropes.

(1/3, cause I'm a long-winded motherfucker.)
>>
>>51390843
>Earth aspect juggernaught - Either house Mnemon or Nellens, not sure yet. Quiet girl, hardly ever speaks, but big on loyalty and protecting her allies (usually by putting herself between them and the thing trying to hit them). Uses a grand goremaul, heavy artifact armor, and a lot of resistance charms. Joined the wyld hunt in the west because her brother was out west when he disappeared, so she's using the wyld hunt as an excuse to go look for him. She doesn't know that her brother is currently a rogue abyssal.
>Air aspect sorceress - From house Ledaal. Top of her class at the heptagram, knows Sorcery and can defend herself using thrown weapons. Kind of flighty and has a short attention span, but somehow manages to notice things nobody else does. She has a habit of starting a new project, getting really deep into it almost to the exclusion of everything else, then burning out and giving up on the project saying she'll "finish it later" only to forget it and eventually repeat the process with something else. Signed up for the wyld hunt because she wants to get off the Blessed Isle and learn more about the world, particular about some of the ancient first age ruins located underwater and on isolated islands.

(Next post is the last, I swear.)
>>
>>51390857
>Water aspect mentor - From house Peleps. The one teaching this band of misfits how to fight anathema and not getting splattered all over the walls. Old even by DB standards, essence 5 compared to the others who are starting at essence 1. Used to be a very famous member of the wyld hunt, nicknamed "The Black Dragon of the West" by the west. Used to be an authority on hunting wyld hunt, but ended up retiring after a certain traumatic incident that left him disillusioned with the immaculate faith. Couple hundred years later and most have moved on and forgotten about him, save for old associates on the Blessed Isle and some thankful islanders out west. Lived for the past century or so as a hermit, only agreed to help the others as their mentor because the Mouth of Peace called in a personal favor with him. Not taking any kind of life-extending drugs, is very much ready to just move on. Despite this, he can still kick a lot of ass, but only agreed to go so long as he didn't have to kill anyone again, just keep the young ones safe and show them the ropes.

Sorry for the long post, character limitnis bullshit. Do these sound like okay recurring antagonists? They won't be an every-session occurrence, not by far, but I'm planning for them to re-appear multiple times and they'll be playing a part in the overall plot as well.

Thoughts? Ideas for styles or fighting methods any of them could use to present somewhat of a threat to a solar circle? Some suggestions for the mentor would be particularly appreciated, I was thinking of going melee + Single Point (ignoring the terrestrial tag for him because he's very experienced and spent a long time training with immaculates), but I'm told Single Point isn't nearly as good without access to mastery effects. Would it be worth it for an essence 5 DB that ignores the terestrial tag?
>>
>>51390843
>>51390857
>>51390874

Will any of that backstory matter, if all they're going to do is enter combat with the PCs? Will they survive?

The antagonists in the core aren't exactly optimized, but you've got 11 MA styles to choose from for each guy. The mentor should have War and a small army of mortal and have the other DBs protect him. Single Point is powerful but lacks in defence, be careful he doesn't get disarmed or overwhelmed with Onslaught. DBs are allowed to ignore the Terrestrial keyword under certain conditions, but you might want to keep his Essence to 3 or so.
>>
Is agelessness a valid Working?
Would it need deficiencies, since you'd die with a stab as normal?
>>
>>51392345
I think with some slight deficiencies its fine. Like maybe you require some fancy potion ever dozen year or you can only sustain yourself off of the highest quality food that exists in creation.
>>
>>51392345

Yes, because you can still die. Aren't Solar Exalts ageless already, until they fit the 3,000 year mark?
>>
So, anyone made/making an Artifact waifu a la Adorei?
How did/do you thing it (will) turn out?
>>
>>51392537
Signs of age start in the last centuries of a celestial, the onset is strongest in the last decades, when they start getting old as we understand is, though never really frail.
>>
>>51392537
Yeah but past that time.
>>
>>51392345
yeah sure, as long as it's not for a Sid
>>
>>51391323
Eh, they aren't -just- going to be fighting them. The wyld hunt will actually start off hunting a different anathema, another NPC that they'll run into. They'll bump into each other a couple other times as the DBs do their thing while the circle does theirs, sooner or later I'm certain the wyld hunt will figure it out because A.) The elder has investigation, and B.) Knowing my group they'll probably out themselves sooner or later, for whatever reason. Besides, my players tend to favor story and roleplay over fighting stuff (though fighting stuff's also fun), so I wouldn't put it past them to try and talk their way out of a fight if they can.

I was considering the idea of a battle group, but I'm wondering if 5 DBs and a battlegroup are overdoing it a bit. The elder won't actually have War though, because I don't even plan for him to get in a fight with them unless the rest of the DBs are down and will die if he doesn't, in which case he's intended to be a Really Big Threat, not enough to 1v5 the whole circle, but enough to take down one or two of the non-combat focused ones (incap, not dead) so he can be like "Now leave, go take care of your wounded, I'll take care if mine. Or we can keep going and I'll take a good chunk of you with me before I die." Hence why he's at essence 5, so he can present enough of a threat that they'll probably win if they go all the way fighting him, but not without serious consequences. I plan to hint at him being kind of a secret badass before they ever even get to a point where that would come into play though, so it's not like I'm just springing an elder DB on them out of nowhere.
>>
>>51394340
So can't sids now EVER prolong their life?
As I recall many people asked Ketchup Carjack to try and prolong his life only for him to rejectthe notion, going so far as turn someone with the five dot earth stone away that keeps you from dying from old age.
>>
>>51394442
Sids can't prolong their life except through the use of -very- potent items and artifacts, and even then I imagine doing so wouldn't make the bureau of endings or their Maiden (was it Saturn or Jupiter?) very happy. Chejop turned down said artifact after the ones who got it for him went through no small amount of trouble to get it, probably including some adventures and a lot of favors. Which kind of enforces the notion that he's just ready to fucking die already, cause keeping Creation together is an endless headache and constantly having to justify the Usurpation to himself doesn't help with that either.
>>
>>51394442
>>51394489
I thought they were fate-locked to die at exactly 5000 years old, unless killed to death before.
Like, something'll happen and they die on the day, no matter what?
>>
>>51394489
Saturn was endings, which is ironic considering his caste.
Also, as I recall, people are talking about even worse shit happening if he'd actually try and prolong his live. Worse then the Usurpiation.
>>
>>51394669
>implying Usurpation wasn't the best thing ever
>>
>>51394489
I don't think they can prolong their life at all, at least going by 1e sidereals
>>
>>51395382
Well, they DID also kill the twilight researching researching limit breaks.
I'm okay with killing elders like the damn Hierophant and everyone in the Wyld Cauldron subfaction trying to make sixty mini creations and succeeding UCS as their gods..
>>
So, did the horrible pattern-spider abomination exalted get some more information yet, or did they scrap the idea?
>>
>>51395966

No word on Getimian Exalted yet. We don't even have much on DBs.
>>
>>51395966
Rather than just having a personal and peripheral mote pool, they have yin and yang mote pools of equal size. Charms can have entirely different effects depending on which pool you pay for them with
>>
Sail or Ride?
>>
>>51396186
That depends, anon. Are you going to sail a ship or ride a horse?
>>
>>51396047
Knew the first part, butthe last part has gotto be a writing horror. especially since they have bloated the core book with every damn charm they could conceive and then some.
>>
>>51396186
West Sail, east, north and south ride, Isle and river both
That's what worked for me.
>>
>>51396219
Maybe by 2030 when they start working on the Getimians they will either know how to write more efficiently or they will abandon the idea out of practicality
>>
File: 1465859153495.png (103KB, 365x272px) Image search: [Google]
1465859153495.png
103KB, 365x272px
>>51396219
maybe they'll learn from core and not fuck up charms again?
>>
>>51396290
I sure hope they won't learn to "write more efficiently" in the sense of writing less Charms. They could improve their skills with both crunch and telling people how that crunch actually works, but having lots of Charms is one of the good things about Ex3 core.
>>
>>51396320
I agree, I just meant writing in such a way that it doesn't take 3 years to write the charm set
>>
>>51396330
Well, not scrapping things to start over when they're almost done would help with that.
>>
>>51396360
Why did they do that?
>>
>>51396290
>>51396296
Ah, thanks fellow exaltedfags, you're giving me hope. Our one and a half score fellowship spanning the internet is truly amazing.
>>
>>51396289
How good are the charms?
>>
>>51396402
They do their job.
A few a narratively interesting, one or two really cool things per tree, but the rest is poorly flavored (I think I heard someone cry in the distance) dice tricks, but as I said, they are doing their job and playwise make you feel a little more awesome than just rolling. Initially.
I believe Athletics and Dodge are my favorite trees, even though dodge gets kinda strange and athletics high end charm 'Faster than self Technique' is very new kinds of weird for me, as the name might already suggest.
Props for Divine Mantle though, talk spirits into submission and usurp their domain. Awesome.
>>
>>51384679

Ever seen a movie where the main character- as part of a plot or through some coincidence- gets mistaken for someone they aren't and decides to try to play the part?

And they find that they have to be careful because they actually start to find that pretending to be that person really is turning them into that kind of person?

That's what's going on. You're basically roleplaying the plot of movies like Rango, Avatar, Breaking Bad, or Training Day.
>>
>>51396402
>>51396535
Though props for the (unintentional) self-reference with that Athletics charm.
¨Once there was a Maiden...
Who found that the faster she run,
The faster she could run...¨
>>
>>51396743
This is a really solid analogy, thanks.
>>
So why didn't people like the Locust War scenario in 1e? I might wanna do an Autochthonian invasion for my next game, and I wanna avoid the pitfalls of that.
>>
>>51397145
Because people were tired of "Here is another splat. Fight them." as default mode of interaction.
>>
So just want to make sure that I'm not reading this incorrectly but if you're wielding a medium weapon in one hand and a shield in the other you get +2 to your Parry? Also if you're wielding a small weapon like a dagger in one hand and a shield in the other then you still benefit from +1 Parry when making attacks with the dagger?
>>
>>51397579
Wielding two different weapons allows you to attack and/or parry with whatever weapon you choose.

So if you've got a light melee weapon and shield, you can attack with one and parry with the other.

There isn't much mechanical incentive to having a medium Sword and a Shield, outside the shield tag benefits.
>>
>>51396296
>>51396219
I like having tons of charms in the corebook.
>>
>>51398094
Yeah, but many charms is 15 at most in my books. Not 20+ or however the fuck many lore has. Seriously. Lore is rediculously bloated and wheezing asoft'please kill me' at this point and I don't know wether I should stab it, because I might not find the jugular under all that bloat, or run away screaming...
Fuck it's contagious, look at that mtaphor.
>>
>>51397579
In 3e, the only actual advantage to a shield is being able to flurry Full Defense with stuff. The problem is, you -still- can't flurry Full Defense with an attack, so unless you're doing something besides attacking for whatever reason, it's useless.

Ironically, I think Crane Style actually would benefit greatly from using shields, since you can flurry Full Defense with your Defend Other (or something else, if you have Mastery benefits and can Defend Other reflexively). Get +2 non-charm to your parry, and if they attack you OR anyone else, they get slapped with a counterattack. Problem is, I'm not sure if using a shield this way would violate the style's weapon rules. Sure, you can't hit anyone with the shield (and why would you anyways?), but can you use a shield's Full Defense flurry and still use Crane charms?
>>
Question: With the state of martial arts as it is and how it relates to brawl, what do you think sids will get for brawl and how will beloved the violet bier of sorrows change?
>>
>>51398329
It would violate the weapon rules, but Crane Style already gets a free full defense regardless, and hook swords also have +1 parry.
>>
I kinda wanna talk about the details of my Exalted 3E game. Running it has left me so jazzed as of late, I just gotta share it with people, y'know?

But where should I even start? Arrrrgh.
>>
>>51399570
How about the main cast?
>>
>>51398482

Violet Bier of Sorrows was their native MA style, yeah? It will probably be folded into Brawl with Throne Shadow becoming their go to MA style.
>>
>>51399570
Please tell. >>51399822 has a good idea
>>
>>51400095
Remember Sidereals have a strong relationship to MAs and their patrons as well, VBoS has also been described as 'First Supernatural Martial Art Ever' since... well, forever.
>>
>>51399822
Sure, okay.

The game's only got two PCs at present: a Brawl-Supernal Dawn barbarian with heavy Resistance, War, and Athletics; and a Sail-Supernal Eclipse pirate on the path to mastering Steel Devil Style.

The first arc of the game was spent foiling a Deathlord and dodging the Realm, followed by an arc's concerted effort to throw the empire's forces out of the region. Presently they're dealing with other threats, including Fair Folk, an Abyssal agent of the Deathlord from the first arc, and a spiteful elemental dragon.
>>
>>51400186
If you want to share the details, why not share the details?!
>>
>>51400252
It's kinda hard knowing where to start. I guess I'll start with the Eclipse.

Misu us the grandson of the goddess Kireeki and the great-grandson of the Ocean Father. His parents were in her priesthood, but were put down at the hands of the Realm when Misu was a teen; he eventually fell in with a pack of pirates, and even rose to high rank amidst them.

He Exalted as an Eclipse when the Sun recognized his skill negotiating his way out of one of the Realm's traps; shortly after, Kireeki herself approached him and implored his aid in freeing the region from the Realm's influence and restoring the Ocean Court's power.

As I said, he practices Steel Devil Style (using paired short swords) and has Sail Supernal. He's also got pretty decent investment into the larcenous and social suites, and more than a touch of Occult.
>>
Barbus, on the other hand, is pretty straightforwardly inspired by Heracles. He's the product of a thunderbird and the chief of his tribe, absurdly strong and good at fighting, and Exalted while wrestling a lion-god. Still not understanding what he even is, Barbus has accepted a quest on the behalf of his cousin, the new chief, to slay the Frog Queen, and just happened to get tangled up in all this Realm stuff as a result of one of the former PCs' flagrant douchebaggery.

His signature weapon is a thunderbird warclub his uncle gave him. He also has a habit of collecting trophies from things he kills, including knives made from demon bones, a necklace of teeth, silver bleached by Octavian's oil, and Peleps Deled's spear (since given to his Dragon-Blooded lieutenant).
>>
File: go on.gif (490KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
go on.gif
490KB, 500x286px
>>51400871
>>
>>51401227
One of the other spoils from the PCs' battle with the Realm is a First Age warship, Lady Alexandrite, made of rare eastern wood and blackened dragon bones. The figurehead is a saurian skull that can unleash blasts of Essence that corresponds to the owner's - e.g., a Fire Aspect's would be a bolt of fire, a Solar's would be a beam of destructive radiance, and so on. As the attuned user, Misu can also tell whenever the ship takes damage (even so much as someone stabbing a rail with a dagger), and can throw open the hatches or seal them shut as a diceless miscellaneous action.

The Lady Alexandrite also has a pair of ballistas, because those things are bitchin'.
>>
As far as NPCs go, the spirits of the Ocean Court have been pretty prominent.

The Ocean Father, for instance, got some spotlight time when Barbus went to one of his temples to ask permission to kill the Frog Queen. After all, even though her position in his court is at best unofficial, he would still have to react to Barbus killing her out of the blue, and Barbus didn't want his tribe turned to pillars of salt for his temerity.

The Ocean Father, naturally, wanted the Realm to take their nose firmly out of his business in the region, to stop pulling down his temples and killing his God-Blooded children.

The two ended up forging an agreement: Barbus would drive out the Realm, and the Ocean Father would look the other way when Barbus strangled the Frog Queen to death.

Of course, Barbus doesn't have an easy task ahead of him; luckily he has a magic dog…
>>
While I'm on the subject, Hunter, Barbus' dog, is one of the Hounds of Albada, a breed created by a Solar in the First Age to serve as hunting dogs for no less than the Unconquered Sun. Hunter is almost fully grown now, and stands as tall as a knight's destrier, and a hundred pounds heavier, with a butterscotch-colored coat and eyes like a starry night sky.

(Mechanically, I used the stats of a dog, but boosted its Strength, Stamina, and health levels.)
>>
The Frog Queen is, of course, a giant frog-headed elemental dragon, mother to the Heketa, and an all-around unpleasant person. She serves as something of a devil-figure in the myths of Barbus' tribe, something their thunderbird patrons have probably fostered in them over the generations.

She has become aware of Barbus' designs for her, ever since Octavian killed one of her children in Barbus' name. She has since sent her daughters to harass the Dawn Caste, and in doing so, obtained a little of his blood to use in a sorcerous working. Mixing the stolen blood with seawater, magical clay from a demesne, and some of her own venom, she has created a monster who desires above all else to slay him, and turned it loose in the region.

The Abyssal known as Gasp of the Drowning has gotten word of her intent from his Deathlord master, and seeks out the monster, so that they might work together.
>>
Gasp of the Drowning is a Day Caste Abyssal in service to a Deathlord whom the Silver Prince imprisoned in an amulet a century before the game started. Gasp stole the amulet and engaged in a complicated plot to "plant" it in a location where the Deathlord could restore himself to his full might. The Deathlord had not yet been revived from his torpor when Barbus ended up tearing Gasp's legs off.

He's proactive like that.

Luckily for Gasp, the Day managed to escape and use a working to give himself a new pair of metal legs, and went into hiding while Barbus focused on saving a city from the Deathlord's nephwracks.

Thanks to some complex stuff, the circle ended up being in a position where Gasp's Deathlord could read their minds, and took the opportunity to sew confusion by creating Dark Barbus.

Dark Barbus is a nephwrack who fully believes himself to be Barbus from a terrible future, come back to stop something truly horrible from happening. It helps that he's also been moliated to look the part.

You guys still following, or have you lost interest?
>>
>>51402341
I'm still reading. I take it your game takes place a good while after the reappearance of the Solars, given that an Abyssal had been imprisoned for a century?
>>
>>51402370
Actually, it wasn't the Abyssal who'd been imprisoned - it was his Deathlord. Basically, he and the Silver Prince had been feuding, and the Silver Prince got enough of an advantage to defeat him, but for whatever reason was unable to do away with him utterly, so settled on trapping the Deathlord's Essence in an amulet.

Unfortunately for the Silver Prince, the Deathlord was still awake for the whole thing, and when Gasp came along, they communicated in dreams until Gasp was able to sneak into Skullstone and make off with it.
>>
>>51402549

>but for whatever reason was unable to do away with him utterly

It was probably "If my Neverborn Masters find out what I've just done, I'm pretty much fucked"

What's combat like? I know that Supernal Brawl probably wrecks, but what's Steel Devil Style like?
>>
>>51402753
Steel Devil is the art of dealing death with two swords; its master is a sharp-edged dancer that leaves his partner bleeding on the floor.

Your bread-and-butter is going to be Double/Triple Attack Technique, which basically turns your net successes on withering attacks into extra "hits," complete with wearing down their defenses with onslaught penalties. Lo
Steel Devil practitioners have access to a special pool called the Offhand Charge, into which the martial artist can funnel his Initiative without worrying about it getting withered away.

It goes fantastically hand-in-hand with a Solar Brawl partner, since the Brawl guy can use Charms to prevent the onslaught penalties from disappearing; after a few turns, the opponent is sitting pretty at Defense 0.
>>
Gonna have to go AFK for a while, but I figured I'd share a couple more details first.

As for how Barbus got Peleps Deled's direlance, well, the Wyld Hunt had caught up with him and Misu, and the two chose to give them a fight. They were pretty outmatched in terms of numbers, but the circle was determined not to lose. After about the sixth round, Deled took a Withering swipe at Barbus' head with his dragon claws, and it only hit by like one success, so I described it as slipping past his guard and catching the edge of his crown, tearing the demon-silver band off his head (along with a bloody hank of his hair)!

Barbus proceeded to pick the crown up, and used his fists to pound it tines-first into Deled's face until he was dead.
>>
File: IMG_9788.png (4MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9788.png
4MB, 1536x2048px
Last one before I go for a while, here's a Fair Folk I'm gonna throw at them next session. :)
>>
I might have missed it but is it possible to replace your Specialty? Like I have 3 dots in Melee (Sword) but now I want to have 1 dot in Melee (Axe), how do I do this?
>>
>>51400095

If they actually do fold something into a 'Brawl', it'll probably be Throne Shadow. Violet Bier was a fully weapons-compatible style(swords, staves, etc.) designed by Saturn, and Throne Shadow was instead introduced and made out to be their own 'natural, instinctive unarmed style' much like Solar Hero for Solars.
>>
>>51398329
Crane Style with dualwielding shields?
>>
>>51402040
Mouse?
>>
>>51407434
dude what?

>>51403366
>>51403462
shit seems interesting, please go on.

>>51400687
>>Still haven't shipped the hard copies yet
I thought they were already delivered?
>>
>>51407434
Mouse?

>>51407812

Thank you, I will!:)

See, while the PCs were having big battles with the Realm, a Lunar was enacting his own plan to oust the empire, the first step for which would be to scare some Fair Folk into the region so as to make the garrison exhaust its resources.

Of course, with the circle having kicked the Realm out, that meant the Fair Folk showed up to an unguarded buffet table.

The Lunar was less-than-pleased.
>>
>>51407812
>>51408035

He's probably referring to the Mouse of the Sun, an incredibly powerful familiar that was only present in the leak.
>>
>>51408143
Yeah, but those are mice. This is a dog. >.>

Also, not using leaked material in my game. I'll either wait for it to be released properly, or make stuff up myself.
>>
It's funny - Dark Barbus wasn't the only time a PC got a doppelgänger.

I based many of Gasp of the Drowning's powers off of core Solar Charms, but for others I took inspiration from their older books.

As such, Gasp's "impenetrable disguise" Charm lets him impersonate others if he drinks the victim's blood, but the disguise only lasts until the next time he sleeps.

About four sessions ago, Gasp attacked Misu while Barbus was away, subdued him in his own cabin, and spent the next session impersonating him and sailing 'round the region, seeing to things.

It was while he was imprisoned on his own ship that Misu learned of the Fair Folk attacks, when Gasp threw open his door and made him sanctify an oath of servitude from a raksha cataphract with a severely broken sword-arm.

The cataphract, Zodian, was ordered to serve both of them, since it would have no way of knowing which was which.

Shortly after that, Gasp had to drop everything and disappear overboard, confusing the heck out of poor Misu. It was only after that - literally minutes after that - that Barbus returned from his business elsewhere. Misu chose not to investigate into what Gasp was up to for all those weeks; Gasp left him scared *and* scarred (literally, since he didn't take blood the nice way, and has teeth like a shark), so he instead told Barbus about how they needed to give a talk to these Fair Folk.
>>
>>51408143
>>51408035
Actually meant something akin to Mouse from Dresden Files
>>
>>51410273
Never read Dresden, but I guess there's some similarity.
>>
>>51405080
I believe this is not possible in 2e, in 3e there's no maximum of specialties you can have.
>>
>>51405080
Yeah, you just pay the normal specialty cost.
>>
>>51405080
Are you saying you have 3 dots in Melee, the ability, or 3 dots in the Melee Specialty (Swords)? Because in 3E you can only add 1 die from specialties, so having the same specialty multiple times is pointless. You can have however many different ones you like though.

As for 2E, you should be able to have a 3 dot specialty in Swords and just buy another specialty for Axe, starting at 1 dot.
>>
>>51413652
>As for 2E, you should be able to have a 3 dot specialty in Swords and just buy another specialty for Axe, starting at 1 dot.
god no. in 2e you can have 3 specialties per skill. if you're at your max and you buy a new one, it replaces an old one.
>>
>>51368317
Why does Exalted official fiction suck so bad? The 2E novels were really not that good, and the fictional anthology only had, at most, a couple of decent stories. I know it's not the fault of the source material: I'm pretty sure I could write a more interesting novel than whatever these guys managed.
>>
>>51417994

The novels were shit because they were outsourced. The fiction in the Ex3 core book is alright, and the fiction in the 1e books seems to be the same.
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (72KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
72KB, 480x640px
Happening, does anyone even care?
>>
>>51419971
Holy shit it's real. So late February it says, fuck could it actually be happening?
>>
>>51420153
The KS update says deluxe edition is shipping out in two weeks, so yeah.
>>
>>51420484
I'll believe it when I have the Deluxe edition in my clammy, dice filled fists.
>>
>>51419971
Speaking as a professional user of pallet jacks, I can say this looks legitimate. Except some fuck removed the safety stickers. And the books aren't wrapped and could suffer shipping damages.
>>
>>51419971
I care. I want my map.
>>
>>51378525
Are you fucking serious
They got over half a million dollars on their first kickstarter, they have more than enough money for a dozen books to come
>>
>>51422749
To be fair, a lot of that money has gone into fulfilling all the orders that were being placed. Also, it would be the same idea as the first one for a Deluxe Edition that's nice to set on your coffee table.
>>
>>51419971
inb4 a giant truck crash destroys them all and the entire process begins anew.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (53KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
53KB, 480x640px
>>51419971
>>51420944
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (53KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
53KB, 480x640px
>>51424389
>>51419971
>>51420944
Here we go, the entire image set, now with saftey package.
>>
>>51419971
>>51424389
>>51424399
Yo, frenchfag here, I can see that french writing, are you telling me the books are currently within french borders and I can't come and pick one up right now?

Oh how cruel the world is.

If you're in Quebec, then I ignore my ramblings!
>>
>>51424608
The following is quoted from the email where I got these.

Hello EX3 backers!
RichT here:
First, I want to show you some pictures:

[Insert images]

Yes, it's actually happening!
These are all the completed books (both kinds of Deluxes) being boxed up and getting ready to ship from the printer to our fulfillment shippers. They are all now in touch, and arranging transport. I'd expect shipping to start late February as the books have to get to them, get checked out, boxed with the Screens, and Maps, and Bookmarks, and labelled.
Which means that what we need to do now is finalize everyone's addresses. In about two weeks you will all get 48 hour warnings from KS that the Surveys will be locked and all changes have to happen before that.
I suggest you try and double-check your shipping info before then (you can get to your Survey response by going to your pledge page through the Ex3 KS page) so that you're not caught missing that 48 hour window. Even if you're sure, please really look at the address listed there. I've had multiple backers over several KSs transpose house numbers and then miss it because they assumed the whole address was correct.
In any case, it's worth it to do so as any changes that we can get the shippers to accept after that time have to be done up by hand, and human error can rear its ugly head.
>>
>get into exalted late
>See these gold deluxe editions.

Damn, these are only available to kickstarter contributors from ages ago huh?
>>
>>51424758
You can probably get them off ebay from someone that backed and now hates exalted or something.
>>
>>51424867
I imagine there will be threads on various tabletop sites for this express purpose.
>>
>>51424696
>mfw I assumed it was an anon working there posting pics but it's just Rich.
I think it says a lot that I wouldn't assume this was an official update. And I'm not even part of the hateboner crowd. I've been happy waiting and all.
>>
How'd you hande a seany Night silently killing some guardsa? I mean, that doesn't seem like something the combat system should handle very well, so I was thinking about using a simple Stealth check for that. I'm not quite sure how difficult a check it should be, though.
>>
>>51427921
I have no idea how I managed to miss all those typos. It should obviouslu be *handle, *sneaky and *guards.
>>
>>51383824
>Once you think like a criminal you're not far away from being a criminal
as the capstone will change you into one of your personas permanently I do not really see a personas as disguises anymore.
>>
>>51395836
>everyone in the Wyld Cauldron subfaction
preserving live and creation (lower case) for all of eternity. They are probably the noblest of them all.
>>
>>51398256
I still do not understand why there aren't Charm packages. Like fixed size packages (think: 5 Charms, and automatic upgrades / new Charms once you upgrade your Essence).
Meaning a Character will only pick 3 such packages during CG.

As there are already basic 'must have' Charm packages for all Combat abilities, this is not actually that far off.

The packages could be intersecting. And of course, people could also learn individual Charms, but with increased cost (or reduced costs for Charm packages, if you want to see it that way).
I get the need for full customization, but come on... a little structure would make Exalted actually playable. I have played hundreds of hours in EX3 alone, and I still need forever to make a character. And it takes me about ~8 hours to build a Character that is also maximized in efficiency (we're on /tg/, min-maxing shouldn't be a taboo topic here).
>>
>>51427921
if you would read the Core book, you would find out there's a paragraph about that. Just roll Dexterity + Melee (?) against the guardsman's defense (if he is just some silly mortal), and if the Night is in light Stealth, subtract 2 from the DV, or set to 1 if the Night is actually stealthed well (normally Dex+Stealth vs. Wits+Awareness, I personally assume mortal everyday joes roll <5 for that, therefore an exceptional stealth roll removes all DV from the guardsman).

If the roll succeeds one would argue the Night is still stealthed, so he does not need a reroll to restealth.
>>
>>51428812
Because that's dumb. If they gave suggestions on charms and why to take them that would be one thing, but penalizing you for wanting to play your character your way is dumb.
>>
>new exalted thread

Let's hope it doesn't die before I come back from work
>>
>>51378525
That's hilariously bad.
I thought there was a stretch goal to cover that eventually being made...
Is it legit to run a KS for a project that was the stretch goal of an already funded project?
>>
I haven't played it yet, but I am trying to learn the system for Ex3. Most of the combat actions seem self explanatory, but can someone explain how Rush works/when you would use it?
Also, does Occult do anything if you don't have any charms for it or sorcery?
>>
>>51394442
>So can't sids now EVER prolong their life?
>As I recall many people asked Ketchup Carjack to try and prolong his life only for him to rejectthe notion, going so far as turn someone with the five dot earth stone away that keeps you from dying from old age.
>>51394489
>Sids can't prolong their life except through the use of -very- potent items and artifacts,
Sids cannot prolong their life period. Said magics simply don't work for them.
>>
>>51429803
>Said magics simply don't work for them.
odly enough life extending tech should work for some of them and not others. all depends on when you're supposed to die.
>>
>>51429537
The goal of the KS wouldn't be to make the book but to make a deluxe edition or something like it.
>>
>>51429803
At this point it really depends on why sids die. If it's the maiden of endings just cutting their thread and releasing their exaltations from their souls, then no artifact that does not give you type one immortality will work. If it's a build-in function, well most exalted get a certain amount of control over their third part of soul as they mature... though sidereals are special in that regard as well...
Argh, I guess in the end it depends on how much an exat wants something, you know, the exalted make the impossible possible.
>>
>>51424758
>gold
*cough* Orichalcum as they said *cough*
Though I understand the sentiment, I'd have backed it to get into the Armies of the Chosen, hadn't it been over already when I got into it.
>>
>>51428734
GUYS YOU MISSED ONE!
Fast, keep it a Secret so Nara-O knows!
>>
>>51426323
They've already refunded it if they didn't want it
>>
>>51368545
Bump for this.
>>
Anyone have the Infernal preview?
Or was there one?
>>
>>51429942
They die when they die.
Or when killed.
>>
>>51433188
>>
>>51433261
well yes but if they are not supposed to die yet and have gotten old, see no reason why they couldnt used the advanced life extension technology.
>>
>>51433282
Soon...
I hope the anagathic therapies will help e reach it.
>>
So what are your guys favorite setting in Ex3? Why do you like it?
>>
>Making random writefaggotry
>Reading Exalted books
>Sidereals
I theorized something, as an extra layer to the monumental fuck-up retardation that was the Great Prophecy.
>3 Visions
Vision of Darkness: Do nothing, and eventually Creation is destroyed.
>NO FUCKING SHIT! That's Nurgles whole schtick; do nothing and watch everything rot!
Vision of Gold: Tell the Solars there's something wrong with them, have a multitude of possible futures that could go very good or very bad, with a systems of checks and balances.

Vision of Bronze: Kill the Solars and take their place over all Creation, KNOWING That they wouldn't be able to stop the world from being 'Diminished' (9/10 people dying horribly), but where "Survival" was guaranteed.

The Sidereals took the safe, certified option.

The ninja's who control fate itself, literally pulling solutions out of their ass and making the impossible possible from the BROAD expanse of all possibilities...
...picked the future where they would be locked into ONE unchanging path.
Rather than the future that was CUSTOM-MADE for their power-set of 'Look at possibilities and pick the best one as we go'.

Yet another to the retard layer-cake that is the Sidereal Great Prophecy.
>>
>>51436598
Wait wait wait, I just mentioned this to my buddies and I came up with a better summary.

The Sidereals had the choice of two futures.

One where they would be playing a pen-and-paper RPG.

And one where they would be playing Final Fantasy 13, where you can make ALL the choices you want, but only while your walking down this long corridor.

Either way, point remains the same, they went full-retard.
>>
>>51436598
>>51436932

I heard that over-analyzing the history tends to make people notice the huge flaws.

For me I always look back IRL history and see dumber things.
>>
File: time for tf2.png (1MB, 585x1544px) Image search: [Google]
time for tf2.png
1MB, 585x1544px
>when you roll seven dice and botch
>>
File: Chosen of Secrets.jpg (277KB, 620x808px) Image search: [Google]
Chosen of Secrets.jpg
277KB, 620x808px
>>51436598

Loads of shit could've gone wrong chasing the Vision of Gold. Exalts are able to resist fate an forge their own path as they increase in Essence, and they were already starting to succumb to madness. High Essence beings simply disrupt fate, thus disrupting Sidereal abilities to manage fate and do their job. Not to mention all of the beings outside fate, the fae, the undead, the demons which can either invade or be rallied by a disgruntled Solar who wants to stir up shit for god knows what reason, maybe for funsies or just to stir up shit.

Remember that the Solars had complete unfettered power and used it to make Creation good for themselves at the expense at basically everyone else, and it could have gone to shit when they started to turn on each other.

The Vision of Gold was the vision of near certain annihilation.
>>
>>51437274
I KNOW I saw the expresssion of the bttom bear somewhere, but I don't know where.
Ivan?
Some Characer in a game?
ARGH, HELP ME
>>
>>51437403
Keyword there
>near
but not CERTAIN. And Sidereal abilities are as I've inferred, involve screwing with the multitude of possibilities to come up with the best chance for success in a given situation.

But if you don't HAVE a multitude of possibilities, that kinda limits your options, doesn't it? And, as far as I've read, the number of Solars who were aware that something was legitimately wrong with themselves were few, far between, and SHANKED before they could call up the others and go, "Guys, something's going REALLY screwy..."

Vision of Gold was practically hand-picked for the Sidereal power-set so they could keep doing THEIR jobs, not their job, the Solar's job, the Lunar's job, sticking their collective dicks in the politics and management of Creation itself by setting up a murder-cult, etc...

Don't get me wrong, I understand the whole "High essence use screws with fate".
>Especially when the Sidereals DID try to warn some Solar's about that
>And the crazy fuckers went, "Really?! COOL! I wonder how much it'll take to break it entirely!?!"
But they shat the bed when they chose Bronze instead of Gold.
>>
>>51439071
Well, Shingshang Coolaid's entire lifewouldn't revolve about justifying the necesseity of his actions if it WASN'T a fuck up.
And the whole point of th Siddie curse is to make them think there s no curse. As they say, those of the house of Srorows always seek the greatest endings.
And this ending might as welll be Darkness and Iron, because, don't you know, there is always an ending.
>>
>>51437274

I botched on a 22 die roll before.

Let that sink in.
>>
>>51436598
Sid gets fucked when they gather and try to make big plan
>>
>>51439071
There is no sane, rational perspective from which choosing the path of near certain annihilation because it's only NEAR certain, not COMPLETELY certain, would've been the right choice.There is obviously romade the right choice, but it's far from clear that they made the wrong choice. They sure as fuck didn't "shit the bed".

>>51439168
>Well, Shingshang Coolaid's entire lifewouldn't revolve about justifying the necesseity of his actions if it WASN'T a fuck up.
That makes no sense. Fuck up or no, the Usurpation had a huge cost and basically ended the world Chejak had grown up in. Of course justifying that on an emotional level would be hard, but also necessary for your mental stability.
>>
>>51439863
Emotional problems are usually a clear sign of your own underlying problems, you can either resolve them by trying to find the exact points that disturb your psyche and find arguements against them, or you can try to resolve themby finding another way.
Emotions andintuition work on logic as well, just underlying and oftentimes abstracted logic,but that's besides the point.
The point is the curse working on the sidereals to make them not see the longterm consequences of their planning clearly. There COULD have ben a way in between Bronze and Gold, there Could have been a way to preserve creation in kind of a shogunate era way, but instead of thinking things through sidereals said: well, tell them and risk them going ballistic or kill them, their mates and their children. They did not judge on a case by case basis, did not try and get the solars that weren't mad in their boat or the lunars that saw the depravity of their mates. Yes the solars were paranoid and lunars bound to them, but even after shit went down, someone could have taken steps to get the last two celestial exalted fractions to work together, they could have played on lunars being STEWARDS of creation, they could have manipulated as they are known for, but they went through and didn't consider slight corrections in course, didn't adjust according to new information.
The Crux is, while sidereals are incredibly resourceful and knowledgeable, they are inflexible and unable to see flaws and react to them. in longtermplanning all their abilities are useless and the ursuriation is proof of that, not the thing itself, but their inability to better control it's aftermath by preparation and adapting their plans.

Tl;dr Silverfaction is right.
>>
>>51441062
Nonetheless, based on the information available, the Usurpation was a reasonable though ruthless plan. It kind of worked, too, in the sense that, aside from the combination of the Great Contagion and the Balorian Crusade, the Creation has been reasomably stable. Not without wars, not a good place, but with some kind of tolerable status quo. New Creation-wide threats have appeared, to be sure, but it is pretty much a given that saving the world doesn't mean it stays saved. The Usurpation was not a fuckup. It was not "shitting the bed". Its also a really, really shitty example of the Great Curse doing it work, because it's something that could've reasonably happened without the Curse. Then again, that goes for the Curse in general - removing it wouldn't actually change the setting in any outwardly visible way, which goes to show juts how unnecessary a thing it is.
>>
>>51441161
>Its also a really, really shitty example of the Great Curse doing it work, because it's something that could've reasonably happened without the Curse. Then again, that goes for the Curse in general - removing it wouldn't actually change the setting in any outwardly visible way, which goes to show juts how unnecessary a thing it is.

My cynical side says that this is supposed to be a metafictional point: the "Great Curse" is an excuse to externalize our problems and our failures, or, humans gonna human. Much like how people will act drunk if given nonalcoholic beer, because they think something is making them do it.
>>
>>51428967
>penalizing you for wanting to play your character your way is dumb

> I don't need a simple system

> git gud
>>
>>51441161
I am glad we agree the usurpiation was both terrible and not the worst thing simultaneously. Also the great curse is at best an intensificaion of human tendencies and at worst 'hurrrrrr you are human and fail like humans'
>>
>>51441499
What the fuck are you on about, anon?
>>
Isincerely think they are taking so long because most authors write on two projects at once...
Kinda strange approach if you ask me.
>>
>>51443147
I'm pretty sure that a lot of other OPP authors work on more than one project without being as slow as the Exalted team.
>>
>>51444643

Hey man! Give them room! People who make Exalted 3e need to work at their own pace for the quality they produce!
>>
My players want to found a kingdom in the (deep) east. I am not familiar with the territory.

Is this out of reach of the realm? What are possible enemies and allies? How should I represent the east and its inhabitants?
>>
>>51446870
The far East is very much out of the reach of the Realm. You'll have to make up every local enemy, ally and neighbor state yourself, pretty much, since the book only gives a very very high-level overview. The east is marked by giant trees, fast-growing vines, tall grass, tropical flowers, and poisonous animals.
>>
>>51446870

IIRC, the East has the largest amount of Fae territories in the game, so they'd pop up often. Considering the ranges of their power, they could be antagonists for a good stretch of time.
>>
>>51398256
I agree.

Even worse is stuff like Socialize, where there's a whole tree of a bajillion Charms that just apply to alternate identities, which would have been a hundred times better off just being put into a separate self-contained PDF supplement or something.

(not to mention ALTERNATE IDENTITIES DON'T EVEN FIT INTO SOCIALIZE, THAT'S LARCENY)
>>
>>51417994
Well, for the 3e fiction anthology, they didn't supply any setting information to the writers they contracted (as in, some of them literally had no idea what Exalted was aside from whatever they could get from Wikipedia), and then the OP writers and management never bothered reading and reviewing the stories for even just setting accuracy.
>>
>>51437403
>at the expense at basically everyone else,

Nah, it was pretty good for a lot of people for a long while. They had modern(ish) cities and even an Internet analogue. It was pretty much modern first world style living conditions, albeit with more anachronistic stuff also involved (mass farming as the most common job, etc).

The problem was that as the Solars got older and crazier they stopped seeing the people under their care as people and started seeing them as resources.
>>
>>51447471

>The problem was that as the Solars got older and crazier they stopped seeing the people under their care as people and started seeing them as resources.

Hence the Usurpation. I agree that the First Age was the best thing in the early days though, and that it slowly got worse over time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the First age started after the Yozi War 5,000 years ago, and the Solars were gone for 1,500 years. So the First Age lasted 3,500 years? Seems pretty good if you ask me. I could be wildly wrong though, but I seem to recall that the Solars all freaked out when they learned that they "only" live 3,000 years and not for forever, so that's in line with the First Age being that long.
>>
>>51447712
I don't recall how the First Age was presented in Dreams of the First Age, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't 3,500 years of peace and stability, or at least won't be in 3E. I have vague recollections about wars between Exalted and such being mentioned even in 2E. The way I see it, the First Age is kind of like, say, the Middle Ages, in the sense of being a long and varied time period. The First Age at its best may have been the best thing ever, but the First Age at its best is more likely to consist of relatively short times of prosperity, with times of conflict and instability in between.
>>
The sidereals made the right choice, under what they understood.

There was basically 3 outcomes from 2 choices.

Confront Solars:
1.Solars agreed they were going batshit insane and did something about it, and first age is forever
2.Solars didn't do something about it, and everything goes batshit annihilation

Take out Solars:
3. They take out the solars and civilization lives in a diminished state forever

3 Is the logical and safe choice.

The actual problem to the metaplot is the Incarnae and the Gods actually KNOW that the primordials cursed the exalted since they literally warded themselves from said curse.
And yet no one had the bright fucking idea to do something about the curse.

Hell it would at least have been easy to do it for the solar since exalted since they were all rounded up in the jade prison, and it seems to be implied the curse isn't such a big deal when it comes to the Terrestrial exalted or even sidereal.
>>
>>51447848
>1.Solars agreed they were going batshit insane and did something about it, and first age is forever
>2.Solars didn't do something about it, and everything goes batshit annihilation
To add to that, at least in 1E it was explicitly stated that outcome 1 was very unlikely. Sometimes people talk about it as if there was a decent change of things working out alright if Sidereals just talked things through with Solars, but that isn't how the prophecy is actually described in the books.

>The actual problem to the metaplot is the Incarnae and the Gods actually KNOW that the primordials cursed the exalted since they literally warded themselves from said curse.
My preferred solution to any and all problems related to the Great Curse is just removing the whole thing.
>>
>>51447848

>the Gods actually KNOW that the primordials cursed the exalted since they literally warded themselves from said curse.

Sauce on that statement? I thought that the main power of the Great Curse is that the only ones that knew about it were the ones who created it.
>>
>>51447963
The way it was described in 1E, 1E core if I remember right, is that the Neverborn tried to curse the Incarnae, who managed to defend themselves, which led to the curse being deflected to their chosen.
>>
>>51448032

I'm pretty sure that in 2e the Neverborn cursed the exalted directly. Let's see how this plays out in Ex3.
>>
>>51448110
In 3E book its described the death-curse of the never-born was intentionally a retaliation against the Incarnae but they anticipated this action and walled themselves from it with magic, but the death-curse affected their exalted.

It is also said in 3E that no one knows of the Great Curse but possibly Jupiter.

So its hard to see where 3E is at with the lore, 3E is largely a reset of alot of stupid lore that got introduced in 2E, and the main description for most lore is being generally vague to give wriggle room.
>>
Why is Mnemon best girl?
>>
>>51447712
Solars managed to extend their lives past their original expiration dates though. If cases like Mnemon and Her Redness are any indication Sorcery can easily guarantee an Exalt 2-3x their natural lifespan without any complications.
>>51447834
If its anything like 2e then the Solars managed to iron out most of the flaws in the system and guarantee worldwide peace for centuries on end by the time the Usurpation happened. Its the Shogunate that was a pretty nice place interspersed with massive periods of violence.
>>
>>51451482

>Solars managed to extend their lives past their original expiration dates though.

Solars CAN do that, but they originally assumed that they could just live forever, and thus wouldn't need to.
>>
heya /exg/ I'm about to take Words as Workshop Method and I was wondering what in the fuck do I do about non-combat evocations for the tools?
>>
abyssals are for loving not for killing
>>
>>51453986
Actually they are for killing or being killed by.
>>
>>51433282
Thanks m8
>>
File: 1473426818497.png (212KB, 304x353px) Image search: [Google]
1473426818497.png
212KB, 304x353px
What is your Limit Trigger?
>>
>>51457375
As a dawn brawler with heaven thunder hammer as Their favorite charm, I decided that a good trigger would be that their actions cause destruction around them because the way hey exalted involved the death of a master and the acedental destruction of his village by a sick ass fight
>>
Is there any Infernal 3e material aside from preview?
Official or homebrew?
>>
>>51458824

Several Infernal attempts to my knowledge.

Mine's in limbo, dunno about the other two I saw.
>>
>>51457375
Seeing innocents being hurt. It still amazes me that there hasn't been any in my game.
>>
>>51457375
Being denied his vices, mostly alcohol and sex
>>
>>51458824
There's a shit ton of similarly named derivatives in the homebrew folder for some reason
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.