[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The REAL alignment chart?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: colour+pie.png (115KB, 266x266px) Image search: [Google]
colour+pie.png
115KB, 266x266px
I just wanted to shitpost too.

But seriously, has anyone else thought to use the color pie for alignment?
>>
File: mtg_chandra-ablaze.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
mtg_chandra-ablaze.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>51367356

But monocolor, bicolor or tricolor?
Or go full pentacolor and make the order matter or something?

and the question then becomes; what's the equivalent of chaotic evil and lawful good? The two problem making alignments that asshole and douchebags play? b/r and w/b? or g/r b/w?
>>
>>51367497
I think most people fit into a two color dynamic, but some could be more or less complex. As for who's the prick, the answer is nobody. Or everybody.
Realistically, the color pie would make for a better supplement to the alignment chart. Without it, it would all be interpretation which isn't particularly helpful in terms of giving players information.
>>
>>51367497
Any color can be good or evil, MtG colors don't distinguish that like D&D does. You'd base it off of actions.

However, Red would be more prone to chaotic because red is emotional and passionate, Black would largely be seen as evil due to the whole greed and ambition aspects, while Green or White would be seen as lawful typically because Green favors a natural order while White actually has laws and both colors have values that are less selfish than other colors.
>>
>>51367497
I'm doing this for one campaign, so here's what I did:

>Players choose any combination of colors, but most of the time, they wind up as bi- or tri-.
>Spells like Detect [ALIGNMENT] are replaced with Detect [COLOR]. If a character has any of that color, they ping the detection.
>There are no direct equivalents to traditional alignment, which has proven useful for a more morally ambiguous game.
>However, whenever the rules say "[CLASS] or [SPELL] must be [ALIGNMENT], it it replaced with the color that makes the most sense.
>The biggest place this has come into play is with paladins. The required alignment is changed from LG to white, and Detect Evil has been replaced with Detect Black.
>>
>>51367693

>"good"-leaning
Red
Green
White

>"evil"-leaning
Black
Blue
Red

>"lawful"-leaning
Green
White
Blue

>"chaotic"-leaning
Red
Black
Green
>>
>>51367823
Can alignment shift in such a color system? Can a paladin be Wx or are they monowhite?
>>
File: blood knight.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
blood knight.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>51367823
>The biggest place this has come into play is with paladins. The required alignment is changed from LG to white, and Detect Evil has been replaced with Detect Black.
As long as there gets to be a Redguard alongside the Blackguard.
>>
File: west.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
west.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>51368131
>>51367823
>>
>>51368131
I'd say yes. M:TG has a precedent for multicolor paladins. If a paladin become non-white, they would lose their powers.

>>51368217
Of course, if a player preferred to be a green-aligned paladin, or have detect red, I'd allow it if it made sense for the character.
>>
File: limdul.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
limdul.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>51368131
>>51367823
>>51368291
>>
>>51367693
That isn't to say that White and Green can't have villains. A Tarrasque would be green, The Council in Kaladesh would be at least part-white, and they're currently the opposition.
>>
>>51368291
Nah man, detect blue. Red is an ally to green and can be trusted to go with its first instinct, even black can be trusted to act in its best interest and uphold death which is a natural part of life. Blue can't be trusted, everything they they stand for is fake or ephemeral, you can't even trust your own thoughts around blue.
>>
>>51368636
This is true.

But I will point out that I said, "OR detect red."
They were intended to be two different examples, but I believe the point was still made.
>>
>>51368636
W/Waladin: Detect R, Protection from U, Smite B
W/Raladin: Detect G, Protection from B, Smite U
W/Baladin: Detect U, Protection from R, Smite G

Interestingly, are Rangers by default R/G, always? Freedom, chaotic, nature, interdepedence?

And Bards R/U or just U? Theives and Wizards both U/B but in different ways?
>>
>>51369531
Depends on your character, same way as traditional alignment. Only some classes have alignment restrictions, and even then, only some GMs actually enforce them.
>>
>>51367356
>Constructivist v Deconstructivist
>Introvert v Extrovert
You can justify all character types with those four and don't need to call anyone good or evil while doing so.
>>
>>51368014
Problem here is Green thinks might makes right which is not lawful. And Black loves contracts, debt, interests and all those abstracts that can't exist without law.

At the same time Black disregards law unless it's it's own law, and Green is autistic about THE NATURAL ORDER REEEEEEEEEEEE

All colors have their own inner L-C/G-E alignment chart, it's WotC after all.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.