[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoat slitter the paladin's dungeon crawl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1450671088853.jpg (79KB, 650x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450671088853.jpg
79KB, 650x900px
>playin 2e
>Be thief (level 5)
>my bard friend shows me this call for mercenaries from local bigshot paladin and powerful (lv 12) mage
>think “fuck it why not”
>answer call with bard friend
>paladin walks us through portal in his keep into mega dungeon
>think “holy shit where did he get that kind of magic?!”
>room we enter into is full of sentient mimics that are friendly to the paladin
>he tells them to leave us be, we're friends
>leads us down to labyrinth
>suddenly wall moves, separating us from the paladin and his ward
>hand crushed by wall, pinned to other wall
>bard friend frees me while I listen to sounds of battle on other side of wall
>after dust settles move wall back and find that paladin has killed no less than five minotaurs
>look at bodies, all have their throats cut open and a single stab through their ribs
>one is missing its arms AND has cut open throat
>ask what happened
>”we defeated evil and showed these evil creatures mercy”
>ward explains that the paladin just started swinging at their throats
>cut off one's arms then slashed his throat open
>ward ended their suffering quickly and as painlessly as he could but feels terrible about what happened
>paladin is now “throat slitter” in my head
>shrug and continue delving
>encounter scorpions! Giant ones!
>archers form line in hall that scorpions are coming down and start to pepper them
>i throw oil in their path and anounce to everyone i'm gonna light it (out of game I went around the table and asked if this was okay, everyone said sure)
>bard friend throws rope to cast tangle spell on one
>throat slitter looks at his ward and demands he charge
>ward nods and charges, blocking all the archers lines of sight
>ward is swarmed by three scorpions and stung 3 times, blows all three saves vs death, dies
>throat slitter watches this happen stoically and waits until the scorpions start to drag his ward away before moving in
>charges STRAIGHT through the oil I tossed
>>
>>51367084
>slips and is covered in oil
>he slipped just as I lit my torch, after deep thought decide its best not to light him on fire
>melee fighters move in and barely survive fight
>throat slitter offers up his +5 full plate armor or life to resurrect his ward
>shake head and continue delving
>any time we find anything valuable even in the orcs pockets, the paladin insist that it belongs to some guy who owns the place
>shrug, whaterver, at least the paladin is paying me
>try to ask throat slitter the history of this place, his calling, his last name, ect.
>always answered with “i dont talk about that” or “you have to earn that”
>shrug, sure man, play against the group.
>eventually we find these petrified priests and wizard, finally doing something un-petrifies one
>finally I learn some story
>fortress belonged to this hero and king and when he fell to the curse of vampirisim he was sealed away with his sword locking him away, his loyal priests and warriors where turned to stone to wait until he could be cured. Only a true defender of good could remove the sword and release this hero
>learn that throat slitter took the sword
>learn that throat slitter took this hero's armor
>throat slitter just announces that he did this with no explanation, no reasoning, just says “it was I who released the greater vampire, your hero”
>only hear this because I was in the same room as him when he explained this to the priests
>we had been asking this the whole time and he told us we needed to “earn this information”
>mother fucker
>>
>>51367104
>learn that throat slitter's pilfered sword releases these people from petrification, he runs around freeing all these priests and more than fifty warriors
>return to surface again, tell bard friend i'm gonna pick up supplies
>contact local thieves guild, explain that i'm a free agent and would like to spend time in their city, pay the going rate to not have my things messed with or a knife between my ribs, buy some things from them, and make sure I know who to tell about any caper i'm going to pull and who to give the 60% of the take to, generally harbor a good relationship with them
>bard friend went to popular adventure's tavern and told the story that we knew and about the paladin who strikes down his foes with only one slash across their throat, not giving names, and leaving the ward out because he's just a halfling and like a child to her
>return to throat slitter's keep and enter dungeon again
>enter prayer chamber and throat slitter spends 6 hours in prayer
>we all play with our dicks, rest, keep watch, ect
>making coffee over lit holy brazer to have something to dip my hard tack in when lavamen burst in
>offer them coffee
>they pile on the ashes in the brazer and start to eat
>sip my coffee and eat hard tack while watching this unfold
>lavamen lead us to secret passage in the dungeon that takes us to scribe room
>look around and see tracks in dust
>follow tracks and suddenly all our lights go out
>everyone assumes magical darkness spell
>remember that we where ALL using light coins for light
>heart sinks
>hear deep throaty laughter
>throat slitter, bushi, and ward all charge forward
>everyone else books it in opposite direction
>bushi is disintegrated in initial clash
>throat slitter offers up his spare +3 sword to bring him back
>bushi declines resurrection
>throat slitter still loses sword
>>
>>51367123
>ward and throat slitter flee
>we return to the surface again and throat slitter decides he has had enough and retreats into his half keep and will not be coming out
>wonder what the fuck his problem is and decide I wanna go back into the dungeon
>put out call to any brave soul who wants to enter this dungeon and write up contract
>also decide I'm gonna fucking solve the local goblin problem myself and offer a reward of 2 silver per left goblin ear that I am brought, pay the inn keepers, theives guild and town cryers well to put both of these pieces of information out there
>learn that paladin had been keeping this place secret for 15 years and making sure no one else went in
>learn out of game that player beileves this is “his” plot and none of us have any right to play in it.
>i make sure EVERYONE knows about this place and my expedition into it

so now I need your help /tg/,
I have written up an adventuring constract and would love some of the brilliant minds of /tg/ to look over it and find loopholes or things that I missed
contract attatched
>>
File: Ultima Poster.png (3MB, 2100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima Poster.png
3MB, 2100x3300px
this is the flyer my thief will be putting up around town
>>
Ok, I wasn't sure what I was getting with this story, but it turned out that you're a legit dude, OP. Keep on being a ballin' fucking player. You do your DM proud.
>>
>>51367913
i love the crawl and the DM made it when he was 18, no one has seen all of it. i want to believe that the DM wants this place to be explored. that he wants his custom dungeon, his masterpiece to be seen in full glory
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.