[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallen London Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: fallen London.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fallen London.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
Guy who was doing a game set in Fallen London here. Posted before, but now I've gotten some more work and got a group who wants to play. Game can't be for close to a month, but that's time for me to work out details.

Game will have them as visitors from the surface, allowing me to introduce the setting to them. I'm using a heavily modified FATE system, using a fair bit from Houses of the Blooded.

I think I've worked the kinks out of the player creation system, and would like to run that through with any interested elegan/tg/entlemen. Or just talk about the game and setting.
>>
>>51366384
Stats are from Sunless Sea
Iron: Anything dangerous or violent
Mirrors: Noticing or investigating something
Page: Knowing, Thinking through, or researching something
Veils: Hiding something, doing something sneaky
Hearts: Social interaction, and strength of heart

There are no skills, everything uses those stats modified by tags and invokes.
Tags and invokes are more restricted, normally only one tag and one invoke per roll (expection show up), and must be announced before the roll. Style points are easier to acquire than Fate points.

Character Creation goes as follows:
Choose a character archetype, this is one aspect.
Distribute 3 threes and 2 twos among the five stats.
Pick an ambition: write it out, this is one of your aspects.
Pick one of the following menaces: Nightmares, Wounds, Scandal, Suspicion.
Pick one of the following directions: North, East, West, South, Neath. This choice will boost states and gives you an aspect.
Destiny: Trying this bit out. It's going to involve using tarot readings and will give small special abilities. In game this will be the characters getting a fortune reading on the way to the London
>>
But can I play a tomb colonist or rubbery man?
>>
>>51366608
>>51366608
Tomb Colonists would be interesting, but none of my friends know a lot about FL/SS setting beyond what I've told them.
They're interested, but it's a lot easier to have them play strangers to the setting, IE from the surface.

If this goes well I might do another game as Zailors, which will open things up.
>>
File: sunless_sea_by_scerg-d8u3mdj.jpg (121KB, 1192x670px) Image search: [Google]
sunless_sea_by_scerg-d8u3mdj.jpg
121KB, 1192x670px
Just passing through /tg/ and noticed this thread. So the playable 'races' would be Londoners, Rubbery men, and Tomb colonists? Would Devils, Khanites, or Presbyterians be possible as well? Would unaccountably peckish also be some form of menace that players possibly start off with or is only acquirable later?

Not familiar with the FATE system at all, but I'm just generally curious.
>>
>>51366925
and my internet is back.

Basically I'm starting the system very loose and simple, enough to play with. So right now it's only set up really to do the campaign I have, which is normal humans for the most part.

FATE is a pretty lose system, so stuff like 'races' are typically just few special abilities take on. You roll your skill/stat against a target difficulty, with 4 dice with -,0,+ as option, so -4 to +4 as results, but mostly towards the middle.

Unaccoutably peckish will either be an aspect I through on them, or secret menace they might encounter. of Course I'm handling menaces as a type of aspect, like most FATE system handle injuries.
>>
>>51369269
So fun bit I'm playing with is having combat work the same as for all menaces, so you can inflict wounds, but also nightmares, suspicion, and scandal.

Time scale will be different of course, but the basis will be same.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.