[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Story of Captain Albrik

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: spongebob and sea dragons.png (651KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob and sea dragons.png
651KB, 720x540px
>roll20 game
>some sort of weird Eberron hybrid with Draconians and homebrew stuff
>show up on second game
>they have been looking for legendary magic items as the plot
>decide to play an insane kobold sorceror named Captain Albrik
>thinks he is a pirate and is homeless but it reliable nonetheless
>his stats are pretty bad (5 STR and 8 INT, no stat above 15) but I am willing to try him out

I realize he's a "That Guy" character, but I didn't try to upset party dynamics too much. I mainly just did magic tricks and made stupid jokes.

Continued.
>>
>we fight a few mercenaries and such
>get to level 4
>enter a big city
>steal some booze from a local tavern
>barmaid is pissed and gets the bounder
>the bouncer is a fucking minotaur and he picks me up by my neck
>carries me to an empty inn across the street
>rest of party ends up being corralled here as well
>he locks the front door and starts trying to kill us
>he's not a normal minotaur, clearly homebrewed character that is way overleveled
>knocks a person unconscious with fire breath
>I revive him using cure wounds and tell everyone to escape through the back of the bar, through the kitchen
>I stand and fight despite having d6s for hit dice, block the way so he can't mosey on after the crew
>everyone starts pouring out the back while Albrik makes a final stand
>get hit with a nat 20
>automatically severs my arm and I'm down
>well, I died fighting
>>
>suddenly the Draconian ally of ours descends the stairs
>he and the DM know each other IRL
>he and the minotaur start wrestling because they're friends or whatever
>everyone has a good laugh about it
>except Captain Albrik
>he is on the floor bleeding out and missing an arm
>a healer gets me up and tries fixing my arm but the DM tells me it won't be usable for a few days
>my sacrifice was not only in vain, I was penalized for trying to save everyone's life

>eventually get up and find a guard
>tell them what happened and that my arm was removed
>have to explain that my arm was reattached but that's besides the point
>he says the minotaur is a priest of some dragon god so I can't do shit
>Captain Albrik is pissed
>"Can I roll Investigation to find the city council?"
>DM says alright

I know I'm about to be That Guy but this situation rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>find my way into a meeting of the council and wait for the part where the public can speak
>some elven woman complaining about taxes
>she leaves and I speak up
>explain how I lost my arm due to the minotaur attacking my friends and I
>council laughs and says he's respected as a priest, and he can do as he pleases
>say this is absurd, I start criticizing the theocratic government where a priest can maim travelers as he pleases
>council tells me it's a democracy, it's just they couldn't do anything about it even if they tried, he's too strong and the military is on his side
>tell them that the inability to keep him in check is more of a reason to open an investigation because he is mutilating and trying to kill travelers
>get told I'm a stranger in this town so my accusation is unfounded
>say that it is unjust that a traveler is distrusted in a cosmopolitan city, and that if they rely on trade and merchants, they better grow accustomed to strangers in their council
>ask what kind of city is being run that a victim of a crime is being shown the door with no investigation
>get told I'll be beheaded for my slander if I don't leave
>demand that they tell the public why I'm losing my head and I'll be glad to have it removed, because then they'll know of the tyranny that is their government

>another player wants to retcon himself following me and trying to stop me
>DM obliges
>I continue despite his protests
>we inevitably both get thrown in the dungeon awaiting execution
>other player tries to strangle me
>nat 20 on acrobatics
>he spends the night trying to catch me and we both gain one level of exhaustion
>>
>released the next day, given back our items
>...minus most of our money, as punishment for derailing I guess
>get tossed out onto the street
>fellow inmate tries to catch me again
>slip away unnoticed
>told I have to go back to the inn by the DM
>alright
>try to buy some property so I can run for city council on the way home
>doesn't let me
>alright
>we get our quest, which is to slaughter 100 kobolds or something like that
>alright

>sit down with minotaur at the bar
>he tells me no hard feelings
>say that it's fine, I don't blame him
>DM thinks I'm back on track and opens a conversation
>start saying how the council is corrupt and what happened leading up to my imprisonment
>minotaur says he feels for me, the town could stand some changes
>Albrik says that the minotaur should take over the city
>silence for a few seconds
>minotaur asks why
>tell him the government is corrupt and that they fear him already, that the military is behind him and this bureaucracy is hurting small businesses like the elven women
>a theocratic state would benefit the people more than this bureaucratic mess that threatens strangers and takes money from the wrongfully imprisoned
>he's already mostly allowed to do as he pleases, and the only real difference would be that he can impose the law and order he knows to be true instead of what these corrupt councilors desire

>asked to roll deception
>I argue that there is no deception here, I am presenting facts that I have been given by the DM
>he says my motives are in question
>say that even if my motives are in question, it should be the idea that is the thing being questioned here, not my involvement or reasons for bringing it up
>Albrik tells the minotaur that even bronze dragons, which are lawful good creatures, are known to become tyrants to install proper law and order in a city, so it is not as if this is a foreign concept

>DM informs me I am derailing and I get kicked
>don't go back
>>
I know Captain Albrik is kind of a joke character and that eating up everyone's time is what a That Guy would do, but here is my case:

>homebrew class DMPC rushes in and slaughters us
>try to save the party and willing to lay down my life to help everyone
>turns out it was just a cutscene, which is deeply embarrassing
>get penalized with a damaged limb
>make a case against what transpired
>get thrown in jail, become exhausted and lose most of my money
>present facts as they've been given to me and try to make an argument with the special DMPC
>get kicked
>>
File: w0t.gif (2MB, 353x234px) Image search: [Google]
w0t.gif
2MB, 353x234px
>>51364555
>>51364637
>>51364668
>>51364715
>>51364806
>kicked for not following the rails and kissing NPC ass

Please inform us of your DM's identity so I can block the faggot forever.
>>
>>51364555
>>51364637
>>51364668
>>51364715
>>51364806
>>51364886

> That's a damned shame OP, your DM could've spun an entire revolutionary side quest but instead he/she/it decided to be a faggot.
>>
OP, for most of the story I wasn't really behind you, but attempting to Machiavelli the minotaur by pointing out that he pretty much had unquestioned rule anyways was pretty damn ingenious. Would have been an interesting turn in the plot, shame it ends just as the story gets interesting. A kobold puppetmaster pulling the strings of a well intentioned tyrant would make for an interesting game.
>>
... But why was a well respected and beloved priest also a tavern bouncer?? Was the tavern also a temple to some sort of booze-revering religion?? Like spirit worship, pun very much intended.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.