[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clever uses for artisan's blessing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Artisan's blessing.png (20KB, 699x175px) Image search: [Google]
Artisan's blessing.png
20KB, 699x175px
This ability seems really cool and flavourful to me - it has many possible uses, and I think /tg/ can help me to uncover many more.

> Be imprisoned
> Transmute the prison bars into a weapon or a holy symbol
> Break out

> DM pulls the "You find a shitload of copper and silver coins, wat do" trick
> Convert them to gold. Or better, platinum.

> Have a blood-covered murder weapon and no way to hide it without arousing suspicion
> Get rid of it by transforming it into something innocuous.

Anything else?
>>
>>51363555
>Transmute the prison bars into a weapon or a holy symbol
As a DM, I'd probably rule that you have to "possess" the metal (and be capable of moving it) in order to expend it, so that wouldn't work.
I'd accept the coins. That's a creative way of solving a logistics problem.
The murder weapon would be fine too but the finished product would have traces of blood all over it.
>>
>>51363555
As it's a ritual to a deity, I would have deity personality and tenets play a roll in what the Cleric can do with it. Like, an LG Honorable God of the Dwarven Forge is not going to let his Cleric obstruct justice by hiding a murder weapon. That shit ain't honorable. But God of Thieves and Pulling One Over on the Rich Folk would be more than happy to sign off on that.
>>
>>51363784
Why limit this specifically for this ability, and not all of cleric's spells and abilities though?
>>
>>51363915
For RP purposes there should be some sort of limitations on the ends that their spells and abilities are used to accomplish. Or at least consequences for using them in ways that contradict their deity's teachings.
>>
>>51363915
I mean as a DM, I would do that (to a certain extent) for all Cleric abilities. You picked your Domain and Deity when you made your character, do you really think Bahamut God of Justice is going to be down with you breaking the Law? And same for Paladins. I've played both classes pretty extensively, and I generally try to operate under the same principles as a player.
>>
>>51364192
But none of the other classes will be suffering from those anal restrictions, right?
>>
>>51364228
I don't tell players they have to choose a Holy class. And it's not something I'm springing on them at the table, it's a known thing when we create characters. They're okay with it. How exactly does it affect you?
>>
>>51363555
You could duplicate keys and that sort of thing with it.

If your DM allows the prison bars thing, you could carve tunnels with it. Take a tiny chunk of metal and a section of stone wall and craft it into a cube (or something) of stone with a tiny piece of metal sticking out. I probably wouldn't allow either of those, though, just because it's the sort of thing that's game breaking if you haven't planned on it (and a pain to plan for).
>>
>>51364228
>warlock
suffers from doing things
>paladin
>monk
>barbarian

You're simply wrong, man. Lots of classes get screwed by doing things not "right" for them
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.