[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I run a John Wick game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: john-wick-still.jpg (540KB, 2048x984px) Image search: [Google]
john-wick-still.jpg
540KB, 2048x984px
How do I run a John Wick game?
>>
>>51361825
GURPS. You want lethal gun action, you're pretty much stuck with it, because it's about the only system that does guns with any real lethality.
>>
>>51361825
Dark Heresy, converted for modern.
>>
>>51361825
7th Sea or Legend of the Five Rings?
>>
>>51361825
actual setting wise, modern, and the party is a group of assassins that does not include Mr. Wick, but does live in the same city. If they invest properly in professional knowledge they will know who Wick (or your analogue) is, and why/how not to fuck with him. If they don't, they won't, and will run the risk of being eaten by bigger, implacable fish, and instigating events beyond their power.
>>
>>51361825
Cyberpunk 2020 obviously.
>>
>>51361825
there's this cheeky system called Violence RPG
>>
>>51361825
>>51359781
>>
>>51361825
What kind of moron goes into a gunfight/fistfight in a suit and tie?
>>
>>51361825
Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_gQ38WdYEI
>>
>>51361847
You also have options for varying degrees of cinematic and realism, and even combinations of it. You could like, give the PC's Luck traits, or go full on Gurps Action and make it real summer popcorn action flick and make them virtually impossible to kill.

Even Tactical Shooting says you might use lucky in a mostly realistic game because honestly? A lot of the time people got through shit because they were just plain lucky, it seems like. They got lucky, some other guy didn't. And if you want to have the same group of people going through stuff they statistically have no business surviving, Luck makes sense.

Or you can go the "other kind of movie" and have things draw to a logical conclusion when everyone gets fucking killed - roll credits. That's pretty likely to happen if you run it realistically in a bad, bad situation and they don't walk away. I mean, walking away is sensible, but it's boring.

Going down like it's Resevoir Dogs or something? Fun, but deadly. If people can deal with the fact they probably are going to die literally any minute, if not this time, EVENTUALLY because nobody gets lucky forever, then go with it.
>>
>>51362262
>lady horse
Are some of the masks women? I don't recall any.
>>
>>51362444
Don Juan is a woman, and she is modeled after the Hooker, just like Rasmus is a Russian mobster, and Richard is Jacket. Don't you remember the dream sequences where she acts all motherly?
>>
>>51361847
>what is Phoenix Command
>>
>>51362527
John Wick is about fast paced, over the top action. It needs a system that can emulate this. GURPS and Phoenix Command can't. Cyberpunk 2020 on the other hand can.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.