[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unknown Armies Rumour/Weird Stuff Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: UnknownArmies.jpg (60KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
UnknownArmies.jpg
60KB, 750x600px
Cause we haven't done this in a while and I'm planning to run a UA game.
I'll start.

"Whatever Happened to the faeries? Oh they’re still here. Not in the same way though. They’ve disappeared from the countryside, migrated deeper into the cities. True, there are hundreds of Fairies in every major city from Belfast to Shanghai. But like always, you don’t see them. An Urban Banshee can be found in the wail of an ambulance or police cruiser, a leprechaun in the form of a drunk who plays a prank on you, A dullahan in the junkie who speeds through the neighborhood in a stolen car while playing Anarchy in the UK at full blast and windows down. They never went anywhere. They just adapted. "
>>
Ever wondered what happens to spent lottery tickets? They get handpicked out of trash by specifically chosen agents, filed, stamped, and indexed, inspected one by one by the elders of Powerball and finally shunted into large mountain vault. Why? Well, the amount of luck in the universe is constant. For every winner an equivalent amount of unluck needs to be generated and stored... And you poor bastard thought that Yucca Mountain stores *nuclear* waste - nope, it's for karmic waste.
>>
They say there is a real Santa Claus will always appear in a Christmas Eve. For a handjob and shot of whiskey with milk he will give you a gift of magic.
>>
>>51356552

Sounds like a Mak Attax operative with a unique way of distributing charges...
>>
File: Stupa-at-Sanchi-coloring-page.gif (74KB, 1200x910px) Image search: [Google]
Stupa-at-Sanchi-coloring-page.gif
74KB, 1200x910px
>>51356302
"Cultural adoption works as to weaken the original culture's rituals and magicks. The Gate of the Phoenix was a wondrous portal when the sun shone through, but the japanese Torii dissemination made it useless."

"I bet if we destroy torii gates, we can acess the Simurgh Realm again. It was said he was so ancient as to see the world die three times. We need his secrets. Imagine, perhaps the Sanchi Stupa is the shelter for the next Kalpa. What do you say?"
>>
bump because this is interesting but I don't know enough about it to make a more relevant post
>>
>>51359164
All you need is a bogus sounding conspiracy theory-esque rumor.
>>
>>51359777
What do you do in unknown armies?
>>
>>51360213
http://www.atlas-games.com/unknownarmies/
>>
Who hear has actually played unknown armies?
>>
>>51362319
I'm running a game. First session was yesterday.
>>
>>51362319
I have played in 3 campaigns and have ran 2. I'm currently running 'The Green Glass Grail' for a troupe that i've been working through a combination of the published modules ('A Few of my Favorite Things' and 'Bill in Three Persons') and my own material. My players are currently:
>A Fool/Videomancer absolutely obsessed with Homer Simpson, believe that he is a culture hero a la Be'er Rabbit, Coyote or Anansi.
>A Psychotherapist specializing in Cults, he's the Phobomancer's court-appointed therapist who has been dragged slowly into the Underground. Has gone steadily more insane.
>A Phobomancer wunderkid teenaged girl who's heavily abusive childhood at the hands of a serial killer Father forced her into heavy ideation with fear and risk. Came up through the foster-care system after her Dad met his end and was taught her school by one of 'Siblings'.
>An Avatar of The Star who is the Psychotherapist's Sister, total bitch who is best known for a spate of *terrible* movies she did in her mid-teens, think Cordelia from Buffy, but with adoring Fans. The Star saw a media campaign in the making in the Phobomancer and get pulled into the silliness from there.
>>
>>51360213
Honestly? Bad Shit, usually. None of the Magical paths in the setting really lend themselves to be a caring, kind-hearted or otherwise selfless individual, and even those that do can be bent to horrific purposes without any real ramifications. In my experience players tend to be more reactive than proactive in the game because it can so often turn into a Coen Brothersesque 'Simple Plan' in mere moments once combat starts or otherwise a roll is failed. Much like in say Shadowrun you'll see players prioritize specialization and conservatism due to how much the system rewards it and how deadly the combat is.

Typical sessions usually take the form of investigations, robberies, murders, and other skull-duggery, but after awhile it honestly becomes almost unnecessary due to the fact that the players are always going to be dealing with the fallout and blowback from their previous actions. Both as a GM and a player you tend to become involved in the Underground for it's own sake over the course of the chronicle, because you have to, because if you don't the things that you have pissed off will come knocking to kill you.
>>
GOOGLE is not a name, or word. It's an acronym. The E stands for Eschaton.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.