[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are your parents fa/tg/uys or fa/tg/irls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1466641446668.jpg (57KB, 582x741px) Image search: [Google]
1466641446668.jpg
57KB, 582x741px
Are your parents fa/tg/uys or fa/tg/irls?
>>
>>51352428
Nope. They were busy actually having lives.
>>
Neither, but my father is very fond of the Warhammer 40k books and universe.
>>
dad was a jock, mom was the student council president

Neither really understand /tg/ shit, but don't really have any bias against it either. They're good people.
>>
Yeah my dad got me into RPGs. First helped me make a Traveller character at age 8. Then Star Wars d20 system when I was 10 or 11. Then D&D 3.5 a couple years later once I'd seen LotR. We still play the first campaign I ran for him and my brother, which I started about 9 years ago. It's funny too cause my parents met through a mutual friend my dad played D&D with. I don't think that friend was solely because of D&D but it's nice to think that RPGs had a hand in my existence.
>>
my dad used to for a long time, and my mother DM'd for some game back in the 80s
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>51352428
Started playing AD&D with my father and his group when I was 8, we played other games like COC, Conan, Warhammer fantasy, and that western thing with fantasy monsters where you use poker chips. We used to play FnM and he'd make the decks for me. But since I've been stationed away from home haven't been able to see him and my mother much. Fml
Pic unrelated, my deck box
>>
Does it count if my wife and I are the fa/tg/uys to our kids?
>>
>>51352927
Yes.

How old are they anon?
>>
>>51352428

Dad was a blue collar worker out in the pulp woods during the 70s and 80s, so he did not into /tg/. But damn if he didn't introduce me to all kinds of /tg/ related things (he was the one to give me my Conan books when I was but a wee Anon,and let me watch Star Trek with him when I should have been in bed). He's cool with the concept, but has no interest in it. Does think my making terrain is neat and helps me with that.

Mom is very salt of the earth and doesn't understand escapism, and she thought teenagers socializing lead to casual drug use and delinquency. Getting her into board games though, so that's something!
>>
>>51352935
We have 7 year old boy and a two month old daughter. The last year has been nice for dnd since my son can finally do some basic math without it taking awhile and being able to read his character sheet without help has been nice too.
>>
>>51352428
Yes, but not because they're into /tg/ stuff they're just fat because they're old.
>>
File: Question Carol Burnett.jpg (205KB, 663x511px) Image search: [Google]
Question Carol Burnett.jpg
205KB, 663x511px
>>51352935
>Is a father
>Goes on 4chan
>>
>>51353028
>t 45 years old atheist kissless virgin

>>51352428
My parents saw lotr 1 once.
that's about it for /tg/ related things
>>
>>51352428
Absolutely not.

At most, I can get my mother to play some general family game night kinds of stuff.
>>
>>51353105
>t 45 years old atheist kissless virgin

That's not the point.

4chan is a festering shithole. Nobody who's raising children should be here.
>>
>>51353253
Maybe some boards are but /tg/ is pretty chill
>>
>>51352428
I'm not sure. I mean, they only go out every week to play D&D at the FLGS and there's a bigass shelf of RPG books dating back decades and a bunch of old as shit board games as well, and that's not including the warhams or the general nerdstuff everywhere.
I guess they aren't, though, because neither come here.
>>
File: eyeofthebeholder-snes.jpg (50KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
eyeofthebeholder-snes.jpg
50KB, 640x440px
>>51352428
Mother is a normalfag and therefore boring.

Father is indeed a proto Fa/tg/uy, taught me AD&D when I was 7. 20 years later we still get together and play from time to time- however the task of finding additional players has fallen to me now- unless one of his old guard stop by.

We have also taken to playing at out FLGS to gather more players but most are either 3.5, Pathfinder or 5th ed experienced. Due to this most of em shit their pants (Or equivalent) when we explain how skills did not exist back in AD&D.
>>
>>51352428
Nope. They tolerate my hobbies and support me in pursuing things I like, and they're definitely not part of the "DnD is devil worship" crowd, but I don't think they really understand.
>>
Dad doesn't really understand fantasy but is semi-supportive of my historical wargaming. Mum likes fantasy but is more a fairy tale person than anything.

My uncle (mum's brother) is actually the one who got me into tabletop ought about 7 or 8 years ago. Started with Warhammer Fantasy and sort of just went from there.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.