[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currency in 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed (3).jpg (18KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (3).jpg
18KB, 340x270px
What does then currency of Warhammer 40K look like?

Does it differ from planet to planet?
Like does Terra have gold coins and Catachan have iron coins?

Does krieg have bullets like Metro 2033?

Maybe Mars just has credit cards?

What are your thought tg?
>>
>>51346829
imperial thrones they're called I think?
they should be same everywhere in the imperium
although local currencies can still exist on some planets/systems
>>
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Culture

Consult the currency section...
>>
I know Orkz use teeth as currency.
>>
>>51346881
Not just ork teeth too, they use human and other races as well.

I wonder what tyranid teeth would be worth, probably would break the economy with how many there are
>>
according to the dark heresy book (both first and second ed.) worlds have their own currencies and some sort of exchange rates for them. I believe in first ed. they assumed an equivalent value because dealing with exchange rates is needlessly annoying.
>>
File: AWAKEN_THE_MACHINE_SPIRITS.gif (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
AWAKEN_THE_MACHINE_SPIRITS.gif
81KB, 640x480px
>>51346829
>>51346829
The intra-planetary currency is Imperial Thrones. "Normal" citizens of the imperium do not deal in thrones, however. They pay with whatever the local currency is, which then has a conversion rate set by the Adeptus Administratum which relates it back to thrones.
>>
>>51346932
Actually, Ork economy is perfect. The currency itself will decay the lower value the individual piece is. Thus, the money itself is lost over time as new 'teef' come into circulation.

Truly durable 'nid chompers from their greater forms will stay at high value and remain in circulation for many years, making them a valued asset.
>>
>>51346829

I think Thronegelt is the official currency of the Imperium. So anything inter-planetary would use Thronegelt but then on each planet there will probably be one or more local currencies that are used in day to day life.
>>
>>51346932
I'd have thought most regular nid chompers would break down pretty quickly - they're designed for rapid reabsorption into the hive's biomass, after all.
The teef from nids become the orkish equivalent of fairy or leprechaun gold - sure, it looks good, but it's gone damn quickly. Probably good for a few scams though

The big nids that bite through tanks, of course they'll have solid teef, but they have to be won in a well 'ard fight to begin with.
As >>51348856 says, orks have pretty much got currency sorted
>>
>>51349571
Teeth and other hard parts are such a miniscule part of the whole biomass that them being harder to absorb wouldn't be a big deal
>>
>>51346932
Ork "teef" are dependent on size & maybe partially based on bargaining. This does mean that human teeth are pretty low in value & Tyranid teeth are worth high amounts. It's a weird economy where teeth naturally decay & thus inflation isn't a big issue & that any surviving Ork will naturally regrow them like sharks, handling income support to a degree.
>>
>>51350065
It also reflects how successful they are at being Orky.
Nobs can punch other peoples teef out and weedy gits have them punched out.

The genius is that it's not only making sense from an economical pov, but also from a cultural one.
>>
>>51349443

This. Thrones are used for trade between worlds, especially by imperial institutions that cross planetary boundaries.

However, the vast majority of Imperial citizens never touch a single Throne of currency. Planetary governors maintain their own currencies for their planet according to whatever form of government the locals have.

And actually, given the nature of Warp travel, this is a pretty reasonable system. It would be basically impossible to try to tie such distant and disparate economies together via one currency. The monetary policy that works on an agriworld won't work on a hive world or a forge world. Hell, even trying to tie just two different star systems together into one currency with comparatively short reliable trade routes would be very hard and wouldn't yield any benefits.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.