[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Ork player here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

So I'm getting into warhammer 40k and I was wondering what a good build for this set is. My first instinct is to give each Boy and Nob one choppa and shoota each but I'm wondering if there should be some that are all melee or some that are all ranged.
>>
The general consensus is to go all shootas or all choppa/sluggas. Orks suck at shooting, but the huge numbers they can take compensates. Personally, I'd do choppa/sluggas since you'll get more out of those in a starting army.
>>
>>51344363
aseemble them as you wish, and run them "AS slugga/choppa" or "AS shoota".
Recenly I've been running blob of 25 "count as shoota" boyz and it was super fun. 1 less attack in combat, but 2 shoots form each boy on 18'' range was noice. And overwatch aswell.
>>
Each unit has to be all shootas, or all sluggas. You can't mix and match each unit.
>>
>>51344363
when physically building the models, give the boys the slugga (pistol) and choppa since its the ones you'll end up using most anyway.

youll also need to choose between the rokkit launcha and the big shoota, but that generally depends on who your regular opponent is. usually that means the rokkit launcha since it can beat marine armour and most vehicles. Against horde armies and lighter vehicles you may be better with the big shooter for its longer range and more shots.

give the nob the power klaw.
>>
>>51344363
>Everyone advising choppa/slugga combination
I though the consensus was that shoota orks were better?

I'd say give them whatever you think looks good, but don't mix and match. For gameplay purposes I'd suggest giving the nob the power klaw and one other model the rokkit launcha.
>>
>>51344604
>>51344699
>>51344892

Thank guys, this helps quite a bit. :D
>>
>>51344363
Pro tip from a former orks player.

Ebay is your friend, I managed to build a respectable horde of boys on the cheap thanks to ebay.
>>
>>51344997
>I'd suggest giving the nob the power klaw

this and only this. always give nobs power klaws, it's what makes orks win combat with meqs and teqs.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.