[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 34

Previous Thread: >>51330586

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http//theonyxpath.com/now-available-night-horrors-conquering-heroes-heresies-in-print/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/midwinter-2017-a-story-in-pictures-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
How do you handle going out in public when you have a blatantly inhuman looking character? Like a high sekhem mummy or a Nosferatu who got hit with the mutant sewer dweller stick.
>>
>>51343489
I wish to play as a mummy.
>>
>>51343489
are you fagboys ready for the influx from /v/ and the werewolf barafags when the werewolf game drops?
>>
>>51343489
Obfuscate helps Nosferatu a lot.
>>
>>51343489
>How do you handle going out in public when you have a blatantly inhuman looking character?

You can get a lot done in the city with a hoodie, a scarf, and a pair of sunglasses. Especially if it's cold out. As for a high-sekhem mummy, I don't think they fuckin' care about looking inhuman.
>>
Are there any theories on nature of Chthonians?
>>
>>51343639
They are geists who aren't bound to a person, and are thus extra mean.
>>
>>51343639

I had one be the ghost of an Atlantean in a Mage game, but obviously that can't be "official" canon for obvious reasons.
>>
>>51343489
>How do you handle going out in public when you have a blatantly inhuman looking character? Like a high sekhem mummy or a Nosferatu who got hit with the mutant sewer dweller stick.

Wrong. The real question is what's the proper fashion aesthetic for a splat.

Vampire- Slightly out of season but chic
Werewolf- Metrosexual lumberjack or biker club.
Mage- Deranged piss soaked hobo
Changeling- Haute couture bold and paradoxically dour.
Demon- Classic urban professional. Conservative but well tailored.

etc.
>>
>>51343623
>I don't think they fuckin' care about looking inhuman.
After that first bit at sekhem 10 wears off and their mind comes back I think most have the awareness to not want to cause a panic by shambling down Broadway or something.
>>
>>51343639

Besides the material in Summoners, DaveB and the new developer of Geist have dropped some very minor tidbits. However, I expect Cthonians will be one of the draws of Geist, and information will only be released in tantalizing drips and drabs.
>>
>>51343744
>Mage- Deranged piss soaked hobo
Hey that only covers Thyrsus and some Mastigos.
>>
>>51343744
>proper fashion aesthetic for a splat.

Have you not been paying attention to the WOD/CofD.

>Vampire- Goth, with real blood stains
>Werewolf- Goth, with blood stains and bits of fur
>Mage- Seers and Pentacle - suit and tie, business conservative / Apostates - Goth
>Changeling- Goth.
>Demon- Goth by choice, otherwise whatever is appropriate for Cover
>>
>>51343744

What self-respecting Obrimos, Moros or Mastigos would ever be caught dead in "deranged piss soaked hobo?"

That's a style for low-Wisdom Thyrsus and Acanthus.
>>
>>51343841
>What self-respecting Obrimos, Moros or Mastigos would ever be caught dead in "deranged piss soaked hobo?"
The fashionable ones.
>>
>>51343841
>>51343811
The obvious answer is that Mages dress like Wizards when they can, and high class people with occult jewelry the rest of the time.
>>
>>51343489
>How do you handle going out in public when you have a blatantly inhuman looking character?

Well, for vampires, some manage just fine due to the fact that they've got Obfuscate and whatnot, like the Nosferatu and the Samedi.

Others manage just fine due to not actively hanging around in public and generally only interacting with humans when it's a "hungry predator vs prey" situation, like the monstrous Gangrel, the Gargoyles, the Nagaraja, etc.
>>
>>51343881
>Mages dress like Wizards when they can

What do wizards dress like?

I believe Gandalf and Merlin-chic went out of style in the late 19th Century. I don't believe even Obrimos or Acanthus can pull-off pointy hats in 2017.
>>
>>51343924
Obrimos can cause orgasms with a glance

Bitches love the Gangalf-style
>>
>>51343966
>>51343924
This. Bitches love my pointy hat.
>>
I asked a few days ago but I didn't get an answer, I figure asking the (what I call this genre anyways) magic realism tabletop people directly will be my best option: is there a skirmish-style tabletop game with an urban setting that uses vampires, werewolves, cultists, etc? if not, what are my next-best options?
>>
>>51343744
Mummy- As covered in previous thread urban chic with plenty of layers with scarves and well fitted trousers.
Hunter- Edge lord. Odd mix of military surplus and hot topic bargain bin because leather "provides more protection".
Beast- Wears a fedora or trilby whatever the season with a mis-sized fake leather trench coat or duster, graphic nu-metal band or pony t-shirts, jeans, sneakers. Choses to accessories with bracelets for some reason.
Geist- Gothic Lolita.
Mummy- Classic punk.
>>
>>51343966
>>51343994

It's not the pointy hat, it's the magic staff and golden wand. ;)
>>
>>51343751
Yeah, I kinda hoped for a second source, because Summoners is Mage book, and Mages tend to explain everything through Atlantis.
>>
>>51344048

Summoners is a later release, and the Atlantis references are few and far between.

Unless Book of the Dead for nWOD/Geist has any references, I believe Summoners is the only substantive source for Cthonian info.
>>
>>51344041

I assume mages are not running around naked (although I wouldn't want to be the one to correct them), so what's their style?
>>
>>51344108
Emperor's New clothes. Hit it dead on Anon without even trying
>>
>>51343571
>implying anyone will play that game

l m a o
>>
>>51343966
Thrysus. Unless you're really into electro-genital stimulation. Which frankly gets awkward after the first 15 minutes.
>>
I found this passage in Summoners:
>Since the Supernal Realms were created (or at least codified) by the Oracles.
What the hell does this mean?
>>
>>51344199

Prime can also probably cause a orgasmic-level revelation about the Truth(tm) of sexual satisfaction.
>>
File: TerryBogard-1.jpg (20KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
TerryBogard-1.jpg
20KB, 360x480px
I always assumed werewolves, and most of the setting, dress like SNK characters.
>>
>>51335565

Jesus fucking Christ. Do Mages actually become this strong? The writers were fucking fags back then.
>>
>>51344199
Not all energy is visible. Muscle contractions can be caused by Forces 4
>>
>>51344270
Why not both life to enhance sensation and forces for the electro-genital stimulation.
>>
>>51344208
Picture the color selection option in MS Paint

The Supernal is like the advanced select screen, it covers all colours, all shades, all mixed together and separate at the same time. The Arcana mix-match-blend-separate-etc in infinite variety and forms.

The pre-selected color options are the Supernal Realms. They are stable, recognisable options that you can select without having to manually filter though the advanced screen. The Oracles "codified" the Supernal into five (relatively) stable, recognisable Realms with repeatable Major, Common and Inferior arcana.
>>
>>51344342
>Applying science to Mage
It's symbolic and shit, not logical.
>>
>>51344295
That's very biker chic.
>>
>>51344412
Fine, then symbolically an orgasm is an "explosion" of pleasure, meaning once they're a little aroused you can use Forces 2 to influence them to a full orgasm, of Forces 4 to cause one from scratch
>>
>>51344413

Terry normally doesn't dress very fashionably. I wish he wasn't wearing boot cut jeans though. Ah well.
>>
>>51344310
Where is that quote from?
>>
>>51344450
To be fair it's acceptable to wear boot cut if you're wearing boots.
>>
>>51344310
>rolling 12 on a d10
man this meme is stupid
>>
>>51344412
It doesn't have to be but some scientific know how can be hilarious if done properly.

Step 1
Forces unveiling so you can see individual atoms
Step 2
Forces Shielding to shield the nucleus of a fist sized chunk of matter from electromagnetism.
Step 3
Duck as the electrostatic repulsion sends the object flying off at ballistic velocity.
>>
>>51344464

Masters of the Art page 69

Shit is crazy nuts and written by fags who should have lost their jobs. PCs shouldn't be able to do any of that.
>>
>>51344624
Archmastery is like Epic level Spellcasting from D&D

It's not supposed to work with the rest of the game and is just there to demonstrate Mage Supremacy
>>
>>51344645

Yeah but it's fucking stupid. Why was giving them the power to bust galaxies considered a good idea? That's bordering on actual god tier.
>>
>>51344645
In MtAw, archmastery works just fine with the rest of system. You may even GM a game for archmages.
>>
>>51344689
It still trivializes anything that isn't cosmic in scale.
>>
>>51344295
Terry's new design has a really nice Gangrel aesthetic to it.
>>
>>51344688
>bordering on actual god tier
You didn't read the last little bit.

>"Some Euthanatoi have wondered if Oblivion itself is an aspect of an Exemplar of Forces. Could it be that every force is just an emanation of the will of some ancient mage who imagined the cosmos into being?"

Mages are stripping God of his feats. Just ignore and it consider it non-canon.
>>
>>51344450
This is a touch better than his jeans/red vest/forty feet of hair though.
>>
>>51344719
Well, yeah. That's what archmastery is about - you are almost at the top.
>>
>>51344763
>almost

anon, don't be upset by their supremacy
>>
File: kiddingme.png (62KB, 1500x1477px) Image search: [Google]
kiddingme.png
62KB, 1500x1477px
>>51344739

>Mages stronger than God

Why would the writers do this? Do they like to ignore Vampire lore? The metaplot is already a clusterfuck but still.
>>
>>51344806
Ascended beings are to archmages like archmages are to normal mages
>>
>>51344851
The meta-plot was already a convoluted fever dream.
>>
>>51344806
Exarchs, Ascended beings and Supernal Gods are still up the ladder. Sorry, Mage, but your Freedom is in another castle.
>>
>>51344689
I mentioned this in a previous thread, but how? I love Imperial Mysteries (as well as Left-Hand Path which is somewhat related to this, what with the Sixth Watchtower) but how the fuck are you supposed to have actual stories using Archmages as PC, the goals of a few of them (The Pentacles, Seers and Ur-Banishers) make enough sense to use as PC motivations, but what the hell does a Siddha want to do with some schmoe on the street? What does an Aswadim care if an entire Cabal or Consilium bites it? It's just too much I think.
>>
>>51344851
It's best if you split them into two metaplots, Judeo Christian one being Vampire, Demon, Wraith and Hunter and the rest in the other
>>
File: 1481329188932.png (294KB, 736x486px) Image search: [Google]
1481329188932.png
294KB, 736x486px
>>51344851
>>51344895
Vampire lore is just a result of the Consensus in Mage. All of the complicated cosmologies of the other splats, once crossed with Mage just becomes the mass-beliefs of Sleepers that didn't need to be like that and could even change retroactively.

God Himself in Mage is potentially just a massive belief-construct aka a Spirit, albeit one backed with more gusto then any other. Werewolf even hints this might be the case.

Going from Vampire to Mage means going from a setting with a very well defined cosmology and history to a setting where that defined cosmology is just one of many, and is in any case optional.
>>
>>51345103

That's a cool idea. But it's not going to stop Mage fans from masturbating over themselves due to stupid "canon". Hunter could fit in both, too be honest. Like a choice between the two.
>>
>>51345168
I thought Hunters in Reckoning were empowered by God?
>>
>>51345103
This, a billion times. Mage, Werewolf and Changeling function together beautifully, but as soon as the Big G comes onto the scene inherit to the other game lines just doesn't work with them.
>>51345127
Like, I get where you're coming form, but the thing is that it just clashes with every fiber of fluff in the Judeo-Christian ones.
>>51344973
It was my understanding that Exarchs are as high as it goes, that they displaced the beings that the Alienated represent in the Ententes
>>
>>51345223

>Like, I get where you're coming form, but the thing is that it just clashes with every fiber of fluff in the Judeo-Christian ones

The Mage cosmology will always supersede the others. Just don't involve them. Canon material vs canon material is not going to be fun. Especially if Mages can surpass God. It misses the point of Vampire and proves the inconsistency of the overall mythology.
>>
>>51345012
The Imperial Mysteries discuss it. You move up to Tiers Three (Global/Order) and Four (Cosmic/Awakened). Your enemies now other archmages and Rank 6+ spirits. The Pax Arcanum now binds you, so you can't just use Imperial Spells on every problem you have, but you can use everything else to attain your goals. Which are now also change, because you have Ascension now as final goal. And you will have to use pawns and proxies for it, because Pax Arcanum again.
Basically, you have to be the Big Good (or Big Bad, if you'd like) now.
>>
>>51345223
Its addressed numerous times in the books that that is a possibility. The Celestial Chorus books go so far as to state that some CHORISTERS believe the One [God] was damaged creating the universe, and that what we call God is just the largest chunk that survived [the rest became the Avatars of Mages].

Though its worth noting in my OWN Ascension campaign right now, I'm leaving it intentionally vague on whether Big G is a spirit or the actual Absolute Reality like in monotheism [though leaning to the former] and I'm ignoring Masters of the Art entirely [the strongest Mages in my redux of the setting are Arete 6, 7, or 8 with some rebalancing of the Sphere 5s to compensate a little].

Point is no Mage could just drop the Moon from orbit on a dime.
>>
>>51345223
>It was my understanding that Exarchs are as high as it goes, that they displaced the beings that the Alienated represent in the Ententes
They did, but not all of them, and Alienated archmages can return them to their home realms as part of their Ascension. In my headcanon, each such Ascension weakens power of Exarchs over Supernal and Fallen Worlds. Arcadia beings also seem unaffected.
>>
>>51345305

>Point is no Mage could just drop the Moon from orbit on a dime

That's a good point when to reconsider the power levels and ignore canon. Once Mages have abilities going beyond the planet they become capable of flattening the universe. Even Antediluvians aren't above that.
>>
>>51345305
Yeah, that was how they bridged the gap between the two, that the Triat was the same tripartite force that mages themselves were dealing with. In a sense you could see them as reflections of a damaged interpretation of a the triumvirate Judeo-Christian God. So you know, evil HOLY SPIRIT WYRM!
>>51345291
Exactly, it undermines several game points by existing, but the supremacy of Mages damages Vampire's and Demon's underlying mythology just as much as if God were supreme would damage Changeling and Werewolf.
>>51345292
Yeah, the Shadow War continues, only now there's an additional layer to the game, I suppose it's more a focus of cultivating allies and conditions for Imperial Spells/Ascensions to happen? I can't see it being anything resembling long-term, how does a setting have enough elasticity for that?
>>
>>51343489
You don't, you would use ghouls or other workarounds.
>>
>>51345410
True Fae could probably enact some world-shattering change, as could Demons if left *utterly* unchecked in some sort of Pocket Dimension or the Underworld.
>>
>>51345410
I'm actually just taking what elements of the splats and lore I like and kind of building my own Mage-centric setting out of it [all the PCs are Mages so it doesn't matter]

And I've basically revamped the power levels a decent bit. Most effects only take two Spheres max, some of the Sphere 4 effects I've backtracked into Sphere 3, Sphere 5 is the highest possible, and Arete climbs technically up to 10 but the strongest Mage alive only has 8 and its possible no ones ever had higher.

And higher end rituals require RP-intensive physical materials. So in short, in my setting even an Adept could summon/build a thirty foot monster if he wanted to die horribly or blink out of existence to Paradox, but even a Master's power level ends somewhere around city-busting [which would itself be very difficult and require potentially weeks of set up]

This also means that most Spirits and Antidiluvians get bitchslapped down in power level to this scale too however.
>>
File: 1433767058251.gif (397KB, 300x126px) Image search: [Google]
1433767058251.gif
397KB, 300x126px
>>51345127
>Werewolf even hints this might be the case.

Prove it. As in, site the book and provide a pic, the way I did here, >>51340107, to show how Magefags are wrong.
>>
>>51345494

None of that is comparable to the Archspheres though, that's my point. World shattering change doesn't equate to beings who can cause big bangs. Do you know how big the universe is? The Mage writers were fucking retarded.
>>
>>51345462
>I suppose it's more a focus of cultivating allies and conditions for Imperial Spells/Ascensions to happen?
Yeah, you build alliances, conspirations and quietly work to change the world to your liking. It's pretty hard on GM, being the very rare and complex genre, but potentially it could do a mind-breaking games.

>I can't see it being anything resembling long-term
Ascension War can't be won in a couple of sessions, dude. Not with about half of other archmages being interested in you not winning at any cost, because it denies them their Noumenon.
>>
>>51343744
>Changeling- Haute couture bold and paradoxically dour.

My Changeling always dressed in a turn-of-the-century style cream colored suit. But then, he was Spring court.
>>
File: Milk.gif (5MB, 480x264px) Image search: [Google]
Milk.gif
5MB, 480x264px
>>51345538

That wasn't proof. Who ever said the materiel you were looking for was even in that book?

I'm tearing up. Vampire fans, man. They're a kicker.
>>
Are the spells enhance mind and enhance skill inherently obvious to Sleepers if you cast it on them? will they notice suddenly being better at something at something and flip have a breakdown ?
>>
>>51345555
First of all, nice, second it seems like it'd have potential for M:tAw, especially now as I'm rifling through Imperial Mysteries once more, the Aswadim fucks up everybody's play, the Alienist calls upon the help of things best kept under lock and key, the Tetrarchs and the Pentacles continue their struggle, now with Masters and Rotes as their weapons instead of Artifacts and Grimoires; then when everything breaks, the Siddha shows up, gives everybody a stern lecture and patches shit back together with the Exarch of that Arcanum.
>>
>>51345462
That's kind of the central theme of mage you have all these amazing abilities but at the end of the day you're kind of powerless to enact any meaningful change.
>>
>>51345682
You forget about Bodhisattvas, who try to uplift humanity via magical infectious meme-viruses which spreads love and compassion.
>>
>>51345680
Depends on the circumstance. If you can pass it off as them being lucky, or naturals [this last one only if its there first time at such an activity] I'd say you're good.
>>
>>51345734
Soul rape for the right reasons is still soul rape.
>>
>>51345800
Not if you successful. Then it is called "culture" and "civilization".
>>
>>51345641
Fine, then - where's the implication? You (or someone like you) said,

>God Himself in Mage is potentially just a massive belief-construct aka a Spirit [...] Werewolf even hints this might be the case.

So, where does Werewolf hint this is the case? Where does Mage?
>>
File: pole.png (33KB, 324x325px) Image search: [Google]
pole.png
33KB, 324x325px
>>51345897
Stop Indulging him.
>>
>>51345897
Mage implies it by its very metaphysic.
>>
>>51345680
Depends if the asthmatic accountant suddenly rips a machine gun off of it's mount and fires head shot after head shot while sprinting across a tight rope? Probably.

The star member of the track team holding his own against the shaggy creature that burst through a wall?
Probably not.
>>
>>51345538
Do the Black Furies not believe that God is the Patriarchâ„¢, who is an Incarna part Weaver and part Wyrm?
>>
>>51346091
Yeah but that's in-universe belief, which doesn't count for shit (Followers of Set, for example)
>>
Bone Gnawers are neat, is there a Forsaken equivalent?
>>
>>51345305
> I'm ignoring Masters of the Art entirely
>Point is no Mage could just drop the Moon from orbit on a dime.

That's no fun. Why have absolute power if you can't pull wacky stunts.

Besides, there's more than enough in the setting to stop these types of shenanigans, including the repercussions of such an act and other god-tier beings, like other archmages, stopping you.

In any event, the mage supremacy meme often misses the point of mage's themes. You cannot deal with Hubris and the corruption of power unless the splat has a lot of power at its command. Moreover, mage antagonists are freakin' powerful. Mages deal with anti-reality gods, the very symbols of oppression, unspeakable horrors, and other powerful mages. They need all the power they can muster. Except in unusual circumstances or just dumb luck or idle curiosity, vampires, werewolves, changelings, etc., are not on the Wise's proverbial radar, and that's best for all parties. The existence of the handful of archmages only emphasizes the point.
>>
>>51346091
>Black Furies

Militant feminist misandrist werewolves.

Sigh...

Thank god the 1990's are over.
>>
>>51346217

I am going to assert that they are not 'neat' and really shouldn't be a full-fledhe tribe. Maybe a neutral, tribeless Lodge.. i mean in general the popular consensus is most werewolves look abd act like wild bikers, white trash, poor natives or old money eurotrash slavs, so bone gnawers niche is really something not particularly unique to them.
>>
>>51346217
poor iron masters

iron masters = glass walkers + bone gnawers
They're the city splat
>>
>>51346314

This is my preference, even better if they were a (rapidly growing) Lodge instead of a Tribe.
>>
>>51346361
thematically weak owod Y splats as nwod Z splats. I can dig it
>>
>>51346400

How is the conversion guide? I have thought about doing wta in nwod system but I am afraid of them being significantly weaker feeling than in W20
>>
>>51346271
He's talking about Ascension archmages. Not the ones from Awakening, which are far less powerful and far more workable/balanced.
>>
>>51346570
Less powerful being a relative term.
>>
>>51346608
For sure, but the Awakening Archmages have a whole slew of othe restrictions, given they have the Pax breathing down their neck.
>>
>>51346608

At least in Awakening, archmages cannot just create the Force of Kickass.
>>
>>51346608
Awakening archmages are barely above planetary level. Ascension archmages can cause swallow entire galaxies. This isn't up for debate.
>>
I may not be a huge fan of Old world, but I do love how in its utter darkness, Lucifer the morningstar of all people still continues to be one of the brightest lights. He's a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>51346641

The Pax is not some active force or oath breathing down any archmaster's neck. It's simply an acknowledgment of mutually assured destruction when playing with HUGE powers and a recognition that while a particular archmage may indeed be powerful, he's not alone, and quite probably, is not the biggest badass among their little club of omnipotent beings.
>>
>>51346672

Forces 9 Is pretty horrific. They don't even list 10 dot effects which is pretty scary thing. A whole sphere level dedicated to just plain Plot Device. 10 dot Disciplines actually have definitions.
>>
>>51346675
Lucifer has been a byronic hero in western literature for at least as long as well Lord Byron.
>>
I managed not to shitpost about mage supremacy at all the last thread

See guys, I'm changing
>>
>>51346672
>Awakening archmages are barely above planetary level

Have you read Arcanum 9 Transfiguration?
>>
>>51346719
He's less Byronic in WoD, though. God is a fucking asshole, and Lucifer loved people to much to take that shit. Lucy a best. Demon has cool lore.
>>
>>51346744
>Can't be used past sensory range

Did you?
>>
>>51346726

Thank you anon, I sincerely appreciate your efforts.

What DO you like to talk about?
>>
>>51346716

The Arcanum 10 Imperial Practice of Assumption, if it exists, is basically an "I win" effect. It permits ascension. However, I would imagine that the quintessence necessary to actually cast such a spell would be legendary.
>>
>>51346752

Is DtF a wod game where you can actually be a cool dude who helps and protects people (humans)?
>>
>>51346783

Transfiguration effects cannot be used past sensory range. This is literally the only thing preventing Awakening Archmages from being more powerful than their Ascension counterparts. This includes the Practice of Assumption.

But you're right. Assumption is the ultimate ability in the CofD.
>>
>>51346553
Its definitely worth a read. some of the replacement powers are kind of weird and off. Like the children of gaia get Rage gifts ??? so you'd have to do some work on that to bring them over, but overall workable
>>
>>51346791
Yeah. You and Lucifer can actually end the, well end, and go about fixing the world and uniting humanity. Good stuff.
>>
>>51346755
>>Can't be used past sensory range

"Sensory range" is not necessarily as limited for beings like Archmasters as it is for lesser mages, and a sensory effect could still have implications well beyond sight.

For instance, at Forces 9, a mage can create a black hole. Even a small black hole within sensory range will be "bad" for anyone on Earth and beyond.
>>
Morality and powers.
I was reading a supernatural RPG called Nightlife, and they have an interesting concept where you spend your morality to gain your powers, essentially lowering your potential ability to mimic and think like a human for supernatural powers.

I think this is a neat concept. Wonder how difficult it would be to chuck into WoD.
>>
>>51343750
Our meret's resident leg-breaker going for a wander around Mumbai as a shambling, bronze-skinned, vampire-killing monstrosity shortly after rising caused us no end of fucking problems for a long time.
>>
>>51346875

This doesn't invalidate my point. They can't affect the entire universe like Ascension Archmages can. CofD is specifically street level compared to old Mage which was full of the Borg and wizards in space blowing up planets for a living.
>>
>>51346895

That's very near what Wisdom emulates in Awakening 2e.
>>
>>51346909
How likely is it that you can convince people he has an unusual case of leprosy?
>>
>>51346925
>CofD is specifically street level

The second editions are no longer street level by any means, with or without archmasters.
>>
>>51346953
>convince people he has an unusual case of leprosy?

How will that case less of a negative reaction or panic in most places?
>>
>>51346953
If a new strain of leprosy appeared that also gave people the ability to murder vampires with jetstreams of flesh-scouring sand, maybe.

As it was, we ended up literally concreting up his tomb, if I remember correctly, and trying to get him to keep a low profile while prosecuting the war with the local vampires that his rampage had started.

It was heavily implied that he ended up getting us all killed via nuclear apocalypse in the future, as well. Bloody trouble-maker.
>>
>>51346925
I mean with the right materials at least 1/5 of mages can travel wherever they want in the universe. There's just not many interesting arcane secrets on mars.
>>
>>51346969

You know what I mean by street level. CofD doesn't have spaceships invading alien civilizations and casually nuking planets with ultra-tech nukes. Nor does it have wizards capable of merging every mind in the universe into a single consciousness.
>>
>>51346985
Surprisingly noncontagious and easy to treat with modern medicine.

>>51346996

So rabies then?
>>
>>51343750
>>51346909
>not want to cause a panic by shambling down Broadway

I live in Manhattan and even work downtown on Broadway. Weird and disturbing are the norm, and little more than a tourist attraction. Trust me, it would take a lot more than a shambling undead to raise eyebrows, no less cause a panic. At worst, the response of most New Yorkers would be, "Crap, not another movie set, I hope it doesn't affect parking."
>>
>>51347016
Not with that attitude it won't. Don't let your dreams stay as dreams.
>>
>>51347016
>CofD doesn't have spaceships invading alien civilizations and casually nuking planets with ultra-tech nukes. Nor does it have wizards capable of merging every mind in the universe into a single consciousness

As of the Revised Edition, much to the chagrin of many Mage fans, neither does Ascension.
>>
>>51346997
>There's just not many interesting arcane secrets on mars.

I almost never say this, but you're playing Mage all wrong.

As inspiration, read the description of the Thrice Great legacy.
>>
Does /wodg/ like werewolves?
>>
>>51347081

If you're referring the Avatar Storm, then you're wrong. It only locked us off from the Deep Umbra. The Technocracy and Horizon (Stronghold of Hope) are still intact out there. The Union became Threat Null (as of M20) and is currently invading the universe getting closer to us.
>>
>>51347117
Is it why boner time?
>>
>>51347129
It could be.
>>
>>51347117

Werewolves are fine, furries are a pox on /wodg/.
>>
>be lasombra
>get hit with the shittiest excuse of a """"""curse""""", especially in the pre-modern world, and which sometimes actually helps you (cameras can't record you)

What did Caine mean by this?
>>
>>51347177
Sounds like a nuisance, are fujos acceptable?
>>
With all the mage supremacy discussion, I decided to reread some of Imperial Mysteries.

I noticed that examples were provided for eight dot "Dominions" effect for every Arcana except Forces.

Anyone have ideas for what can be done with Forces 8, other than create a chantry?
>>
>>51347117

I love them, WtA was my first RPG ever. I got the entire novel set fir Christmas back in.. 2001? 2002? I want to say. It was eye opening once I dug past the stereotypes and ultra violence to the neat, weird animist aspects and the Umbra in general.

Too bad all my friends wanted to do was play anime Hengeyokai. One was even a straight up clone of a Ruroni Kenshin character, set n modern day Tokyo..
>>
>>51346997
Why would I not hide my shit on mars if I were able to get there. I could see mysterium mages stashing plenty of valuable stuff over there, maybe even building a few Atheneums over the years or centuries. You wouldn't be tripping over mages on mars and filthy sleepers aren't getting there anytime soon.
>>
>>51347216
>Not being able to see your manificant reflection

I don't know how the Lasombra stand it
>>
File: Drone.png (396KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Drone.png
396KB, 600x400px
>Threat Null
>Really just the Borg
>>
>>51347244
The sodding Martians just nick anything that's left lying around, though. Can't trust the buggers.
>>
>>51347244

You haven't really lived until you've seen the crazy stuff the Mysterium has collected in the Olympus Mons Athenaeum
>>
>>51347298
Better to have to deal with martians than having filthy sleeper savages breaking glorious supernal magic.
>>
>>51347102
>>51347244
>>51347298
>>51347346
Fine you convinced me. The climax for the next chapter of my game will be a wizard battle on mars with walking tripod war machines and everything.
>>
>>51347387
There was already a wizard war on mars in Ascension.
>>
>>51347346

I hear the Athenaeum's Shadow menagerie is a sight to behold, and the laboratories are better than anything on Earth. If nothing else, our fellow Mystagogues can experiment without Sleepers for millions of miles or those bleeding heart Libertines complaining about the ethics of live Sleeper vivisection.
>>
>>51347346
This. There's 132 confirmed martian rocks here on Earth, and those are just the ones sleepers know about(or are allowed to know about). Who knows what crazy shit the upper echelons of mage society have got stashed away across the solar system. And that's not even getting into the god-machine and its infrastructure.
>>
>>51347449

What's up with the Free Council and their crazy talk about how "Sleepers are people?"
>>
>>51347447
Well now there's going to be one in awakening with non-euclidean blackjack and magic space hookers.
>>
>>51347387
You can totally do that in Temenos, you know.
>>
>>51347485

No doubt the Titan Athenaeum is the Mysterium's pride and joy, and I've heard rumors that the Libertines are experimenting on Io.

However, last I heard, there's still nothing on the moon. There "something" there that attacks every expedition. A werewolf contact says it's powerful spirits, but I favor the cryptid theory.
>>
>>51347567
>You can totally do that in Temenos

The Temenos is fine, but sometimes you want the real thing.

>>51347534
>magic space hookers

I recall Master Erebus talking about them. Aren't they those green-skinned cryptids with three breasts? He was emphatic that you must always use protection. If you don't, you'll get a terrible rash that even masters of Life cannot cure.
>>
>>51347667
>but sometimes you want the real thing
Well, sufficiently mad archmage can arrange that. The way I see, if you get an archmastery in Space and Life, filling all planets with weird life is a must.
>>
File: wizshiz.jpg (44KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
wizshiz.jpg
44KB, 600x797px
When is the mage supremacist movement going to end, exactly?
>>
>>51347769

When OPP releases something sufficiently shiny to divert our attention.
>>
>>51347769
It already has, just post the image anon posted last thread from that archmage book
>>
>>51347769
Never, that's the point
>>
>>51347757
You should also add Mind. Mind-raping aliens is even better than just aliens.
>>
File: 1485013595086.jpg (48KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
1485013595086.jpg
48KB, 458x458px
Is he a Thrysus?
>>
File: wbwbwb.jpg (40KB, 600x754px) Image search: [Google]
wbwbwb.jpg
40KB, 600x754px
>>51347769

Nothing wrong with Mage supremacy. Especially when it's Supernal truth.
>>
>>51348140
>Is he a Thrysus
Mastigos with a side of Life
>>
>>51347216
It's a shitty mechanic for the fact they have no soul to reflect in true, reflective mirrors and other reflective surfaces.
>>
>>51347588
I don't think you could convince any decently informed mage to step foot on the moon for any reason. Thyrsus will just outright laugh at you if you're lucky. The horrors that lurk in the shadow beyond our planet is likely why many mages still bother with earth at all.
>>
>>51348140
Who is he?
>>
File: Tanaka.Gundam.full.1227419.jpg (647KB, 1120x700px) Image search: [Google]
Tanaka.Gundam.full.1227419.jpg
647KB, 1120x700px
>>51348777
Gundham Tanaka, Supreme Overlord of Ice from Danganronpa 2.
He's an edgelord teenager with delusions of grandeur and he constantly speaks like he's in a freeform roleplay chatroom but aside from all that he's actually legitimately skilled with animals.
>>
>>51347769
When Acanthus stops being the best splat bar none
>>
File: ANSWER ME.jpg (53KB, 250x232px) Image search: [Google]
ANSWER ME.jpg
53KB, 250x232px
I have a question that has been burning a hole in my brain for years. How powerful are Ascended Archmasters compared to the average joe Archmasters sitting in their Golden Roads? If their Ochemta happened to fail their tasks, could the Exarchs personally step down and defend their right to rule? It would seem a bit silly if they couldn't. Infinite power wouldn't seem so infinite then. I haven't been able to find a valid answer anywhere and it's bugging the shit out of me.
>>
>>51343811
WRONG. I'm playing the X card, and I'll thank you not to question me.

>Vampire - depends on clan, ranges from a business suit to a gimp suit, bloodstains and silver jewellry to taste, sunglasses at night
>Werewolf - torn thrift store clothing with dirt stains, unkempt hair
>Mage - last year's fashion, stained with piss and cum, heavy golden amulets with mystical symbols
>Changeling - exotic coloured dreadlocks, tutus and gauze fairy wings
>Demon - black suit, red tie, orange fake tan
>>
>>51344016
Mordheim had some similar options. You could adapt the rules from that and order some old Rad Partha miniatures. Seek your own path, Acolyte.
>>
>>51344046
It's not the size of the wand, it's the Paradox backlash that really gets the bitches
>>
File: Giles more scotch.gif (827KB, 500x190px) Image search: [Google]
Giles more scotch.gif
827KB, 500x190px
>>51349632
>X-card

O-HOHOHOHHOHOHO!
>>
>>51344537
This is where thresholds come into play.

For additional difficulty above 10, add two successes. Therefore, in order to roll successfully for Forces 9, roll Arete and achieve seven (7) successes.

With an Arete of 9, I calculate a 99.9998% chance of failure.

There is a reason the OWOD hasn't exploded, and it's the same reason there are so many insanely powerful Marauders. You do the math.
>>
>>51344645
>It's not supposed to work with the rest of the game and is just there to [create plot devices]

FTFY
>>
>>51349574

The Exarchs are living concepts. They are by definition impossible to confront/defeat. You fight them by fighting their systems.

>>51349742
>>51349764

Masters of the Art has rules for using the Archspheres. It has a lot of cool fluff.
>>
>>51345103
Wraith not so much. The Afterlife depicted in Wraith has nothing to do with christian belief systems, and the Far Shores represent every afterlife ever depicted by human religions. I'd put Wraith into the same category as Mage and Werewolf, what I call "the Umbra group".
>>
>>51345127
Demon asserts that before the Fall, there were multiple versions of reality co-existing with each other. You need to open your mind. Or have a psychosis. Either way, you'll be able to accept this: nothing is true, everything is true. Both of those are right.
>>
>>51345178
They were empowered by "The Messengers", who were hinted to be angels in the Core. The Storyteller's Guide further explained that they were "The Scarlet Queen" and "The Ebony Dragon", two beings from the Kindred of the East / Hengeyoki lines that date from a period where White Wolf was attempting to sell Exalted as a prequel to the World of Darkness.

Really, the Hunters are just low-rent Solar Exalted if you compare the books.
>>
Guys...
What if...
We went to Arcadia, Pandemonium, Aether, Primal Wilds and Stygia and destroy the Towers?
Then we'll be superior to those mean ol' Mages!
>>
>>51349872

It's hard to know what's true in the OWoD, however. The metaplot is heavily contradictory, and only fits together if you headcanon a good portion of it.

>>51349929

The Supernal Realms aren't physical places. You can't step foot in there without being obliterated and erased from reality. It's the source code, not a fantasy land of magic and wonder.
>>
>>51345305
Mage 20 (I know, shitty edition) asserts that the most powerful spirits in the Umbra are "The Essential Divinity" (God) "The Godhead" (a manifestation of God, wearing the face of every divine being) and "The Adversary" (literally an old term for Satan).

So Brucatto says no.

this is why I don't recognise that shitty edition, and neither should any of you
>>
>>51349993
Brucato hates the previous editions of Ascension. Is this any surprise whatsoever? His words also aren't gospel truth as they go against the mythology and contradict previous writers. Why do you think he's so hated? Other than the obvious shitfest of rules that is M20.
>>
>>51346147
I really want to compile "GEHENNA - THE B-SIDES", a collection of world-shattering ends that explore the other hooks hinted at but never explored. And yes, the whole "Setites were right, Egyptian Gods were real, everyone else was misinformed" would be one of them.
>>
>>51346307
They're still around. And now, as of W20, they include militant feminist transexual werewolves too.
>>
>>51350101

WE
>>
>>51349974
>You can't step foot in there without being obliterated and erased from reality
Don't Mystery Plays literally involve going there?
>>
>>51346709
Loki was a God. He was still fucked when the rest of the Aesir and Vanir ganged up on him.
>>
>>51350172
Your soul goes there technically, though your body often does weird shit in the real world when you have your Mystery Play.
>>
>>51346726
Good man. You have my respect.
>>
>>51349993

Every single edition of oWoD Mage felt like a different game. I don't consider Brucato's version to be canon at all, to be honest. And it technically isn't.

Brucato is straight up wrong, though. The Triat is the grand trinity of spirits. With Gaia (and a few others) as potential equals. He seems to have ignored Apocalypse.

>>51350172

Yes! It's actually the other one, though. Mystery Plays take place in the real world. It's one of the many reasons why Mages are so obsessed with mysteries. They want to again taste what they once felt.
>>
>>51346791
With a low Torment rating, sure. Higher Torment (literally how Butthurt you are at God and Man) grants more power, but also drags you down and makes your Apocalyptic form more monstrous.
>>
>>51350172
No, that's the other kind. And it's almost impossible to go to the Supernal outside of your Awakening.
>>
>>51350207

>Brucato is straight up wrong
A good motto to have

>Mystery Plays take place in the real world
There are two types of Awakenings. One takes place in the physical world, the other (the rarer of the two) happens within oneself.

Archmasters can entirely enter the Supernal Realms but it's very dangerous. Getting erased from existence is far worse than mere death. But do they care? No. Hubris.
>>
>>51346997
>Not exploring The Face, The Martian Pyramids and the ruins of the Ancient Canals???

Friendly reminder that only Void Engineers need spacesuits
>>
>>51350238
What if you stalk a potential mage and jump inside his mind with a shitton of Mind dots when he Awakens? Would your mind follow his mind to whatever Tower he gets? Then you can sign your name too and be signed to a second Tower!
>>
>>51347070
Yesterday, you said tomorrow.
>>
>>51350296
I'd imagine that this is a great idea that's never been tried and has no chance of permanent insanity.
>>
>>51349993
>So Brucato says no
Not a single fucking person here is going to listen to the words of Brucato. No one plays M20 without buttfucking it with house rules. It's a horrible system and they should have just asked Dave to do it. Awakening 2e is pristine.
>>
>>51347128
What the fuck is Threat Null? There doesn't seem to be a wiki page for it...
>>
>>51350353

I direct you to this >>51347294

I hope you got time travel.
>>
>>51347216
They can never pretend to be anything other than what they are. A Brujah can wear a suit and pass themselves off as a Ventrue. A Toreador could (if they wanted) slum it with the Caitiff. A Lasombra will always be revealed as a Lasombra.

Worse, imagine living forever but never being able to see what you look like. How long before you remember what your face looks like? What happens to your sense of self when you do? No small wonder, then, the number of portraits painted of Lasombra.
>>
>>51347117
>Do not go gentle into that dark night
>Rage, Rage against the dying of the light

starting a chronicle next fortnight, nigga
>>
>>51350296
You're likely to die from trying do do so (if it's even possible). And that's just the kindest, most optimistic result you could hope for from such a blatant act of hubris and stupidity.
>>
>>51350394

>not learning animalism and possessing an animal to look at yourself
>>
>/v/ keeps posting about the announced WtA game

>they don't actually know anything about it but "its furry shit"

>derail thread every time to wank about vampire, mage or demon

Alright which one of you fuckers is doing it?
>>
>>51350408

WtA I would assume?
>>
>>51349974
Jesus Christ, STOP TRYING TO APPLY ABSOLUTISM TO WORLD OF DARKNESS. You're going to give yourself an aneurysm. There's a reason the fluff associates heavy mysticism with losing your goddamn mind.
>>
>>51350446

>derail thread every time to wank about mages, mages or archmages
>>
File: 130126-867x576.jpg (146KB, 867x576px) Image search: [Google]
130126-867x576.jpg
146KB, 867x576px
>>51350207

>want to play or run a WtA game with the wife

>not enough free time anymore to do a scheduled game

>don't have any other friends who like it

>ask about it online, get a thousand faggots saying 'run Forsaken for me instead =^)'

Guess i'm doing a private 1-on-1 game then.
>>
>>51350446
Really? I've been having very nice owod threads with /v/ these last few days.
>>
>>51350482

Sometimes its okay but for the most part its been 'durr furries' and 'hurr Forsaken is better' when anyone talks about the titular game itself. That or someone starts talking about fucking Exalted of all things.

At least jacking off about power levels in WoD is still talking about WoD.
>>
>>51350420
You're seeing it through their eyes, not yours. Which means you'll look differently.
>>
>>51350380
Even better, I have a garbage bin to "file" M20 in.
>>
>>51350481

meant to post at >>51350408
>>
File: muchsad.jpg (154KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
muchsad.jpg
154KB, 1920x1440px
>>51350481

Saddest story yet
>>
>>51350458
yeah, I'm winding back a bit on the Metaplot throttle, using Revised as a ruleset and I've homebrewed Rage across Australia into something workable. I hope.
>>
>>51350510
>owod
>OwOd
>OwO
>*notices bulge* OwO What's this?
>>
>>51350481
Once others hear about it, maybe you'll get more interest? Oh well, it means your wife can be star of the show.
>>
>>51350510
>>51350543
fug, didn't mean to reply to anyone
>>
>>51350543
I'm afraid your humour is lost on me. I haven't slept in four days, friend.
>>
>>51350543

*turns u into a lawn chair*
*sits on u*
>>
>>51350523
>>51350560

I work like 60-80+ hours a week, and admittedly I've gotten what little freetime I have tangled up in stupid shit, but here is hoping I have the drive to run something when I finally switch positions or quit
>>
>>51350538

How far back? WtA is such a grab bag of meta-ideas, its pretty easy to ignore ones you don't like.

For example, the Perfect Metis.
>>
>>51350446
>implying /v/ isn't perfectly capable of ruining their own threads
>>
>>51350694

True.
>>
>>51350446
I only go to /v/ during the E3 and then leave running very fast
>>
>>51350481
If I was your friend I'd be willing to try it just for you, anon.
>>
>>51350741

I would honestly suggest there should be an IRC or discord but
chat rooms always end up being cancerous and tribalistic. Pretty sure it would only sour everyone who posts in here.
>>
>>51349993
lol even Brucato agrees that God is just some powerful Celestine. Which means Archmages have even more leeway to do whatever the fuck they want. Like causing the Big Bang.

>Magefags once again winning another thread
>>
What's the goal of the deceived? The mummy enemy deceived.
>>
>>51351148

I guess I would care if I cared about Mage but it always came off as the most shallow and least fun game to play.

I mean I could just play D&D if I wanted a wizard jack off session. At least then the combat might be more satisfying and I could use magic indiscriminately.
>>
File: ono.png (9KB, 188x158px) Image search: [Google]
ono.png
9KB, 188x158px
>>51350481
>>
>>51351244
You can also try Unknown Armies if you want modern mages done right
>>
>>51351292

That is my other jam. Hits all the high notes I like. I prefer Awakening if I have to play Mage though. Cosmic scale stuff feels better left to games like, idk, Nobilis.
>>
>>51350665
I like the idea of the Apocalypse looming but not impending. Sort of like how American Protestants keep expecting The Rapture and anticipating it. I'm undecided about the Red Star, but I like the idea of the Stargazers withdrawing from the Western Concordiat and becoming largely NPC's (I really don't understand Zen, it just seems like the Emperor's New Clothes of religion. It can't be described except by talking bullshit, which you then pretend to understand and pass yourself off as enlightened? Or is it literally nonsensical insanity? Either way, I want a wandering Stargazer to show up, go nuts and threaten to destroy an entire city to "pacify the Weaver" and kick the shit out of people with Kailindo)
>>
>>51351148
No-one cares. Tired meme is tired.
>>
>>51351476

Stargazers are kind of stupid anyway. A very poor attempt by dudes in the 90's who didn't know anything about Eastern philosophy or religion, trying to adapt it for the exotic factor.

Not really that different from Marvel and DC throwing ninjas or samurai into their comics during the 70's and 80's, or characters like Dr. Strange taking off during the New Age interest in Eastern spiritualism.
>>
>>51351589
>A very poor attempt by dudes in the 90's who didn't know anything about Eastern philosophy or religion, trying to adapt it for the exotic factor.

White Wolf in a fucking nutshell. They literally plundered other faiths and cultures, threw on a capital letter, and then tried to trademark it.
>>
>>51345127
>Vampire lore is just a result of the Consensus in Mage. All of the complicated cosmologies of the other splats, once crossed with Mage just becomes the mass-beliefs of Sleepers
The Sleeping masses don't believe in Vampires, and the ones that do certainly don't believe they're descended from the Biblical Cain who was turned into a vampire by God after killing his brother.
>>
>>51351755

Yet despite that I still love Hengeyokai! You just have to do some research and laugh off the dumber aspects of it. But hey I've been doing that for every WW game.
>>
how do i create better wod characters, /tg/?
i'm want to do new things but the old customs keep dragging me
>>
>>51351978

Which game did you have in mind?

I will help though. WoD characters start off as innocuous everyday humans, most are are probably even 'normies' before becoming aware of the supernatural world. A big part of WoD is trauma and the idea that you Cannot Go Back. So consider how your everyday person would handle that and come out the other side. Look to real life examples of people. You don't even need to like them, because by the time they finish their journey into the other side they won't be the same person anymore.

I generally take cues from people I actually dislike and put them through hell during their First Change or Embrace or Awakening, and see how they would adapt when their tiny world is sundered open.
>>
>>51351978
Add depth.

Need an example, give us a character made with your old customs.
>>
>reading the Adamantine Arrow book
>opening story is about a guy fighting a "Manticore"

Is this manticore supposed to be a Beast or what?
>>
>>51352067
VtR 2e, starting as vampire.
Always played with the same edgy character with no friends, no family, no fucks given about being a vampire etc.
>>
>>51343639
>>51343751
>>51344048
>>51344094

Dark Eras had new information on them that will be relevant to Geist 2e.

According to what we currently know, they are the natural residents of the Underworld, while ghosts and geists are the guests that keep popping up over there. Their appearances can wildly vary between one another and it's more of a general term for these unexplainable entities. Back long ago the ocean of fragments in the Underworld filled the entire as a deep sea, and they swam through it it, the sea levels have dropped over the years. At around back then, Sin-Eaters/Bound were attached to Cthonians rather than Geists. And as was mentioned as a Geist 2e spoiler, there is no longer Deathlords that reside in the Underworld, but rather Cthonic Gods.
>>
>>51352170
Have your character be a native of whatever city the setting is in. Have him have family there, parents, wife, kids, siblings, whatever. Maybe close friends or a girlfriend if you don't want the attachments to be too strong.

You can also try a character building method that one anon posted here. He said do not include the vampire aspect in character creation at all. Just build up the mortal life as best you can, hand the sheet in to the ST, and let him choose your clan and sire based on the character's life and personality and the type of vampire who would want to Embrace him.
>>
>>51352170
You know what the problem is.
>Always played with the same edgy character with no friends, no family, no fucks given about being a vampire etc.
Do the opposite of that.
>>
>>51352145
Probably a Cryptid.
The Mage version of which are spirit/flesh fusions.
>>
>>51352225
But how would i interact with a human gf as a vampire? i have no idea
>>
>>51352145
Was written way before Beast was thought up.
>>
>>51352376
You're not playing yourself, you're playing something else. How do you imagine they would interact with a human girlfriend? Have you ever seen a vampire movie? How do the vampires deal with humans they knew when they first change?
>>
>>51352426
Thanks for the tips anon, I was ignoring the obvious
>>
>>51352426
Lost boys is good for that
>>
>>51351207
>What's the goal of the deceived? The mummy enemy deceived.
They just hate mummies, want to torture them.
>>
So where do mummies fit in the underworld cosmology?
>>
File: SamHaighAd.gif (177KB, 600x788px) Image search: [Google]
SamHaighAd.gif
177KB, 600x788px
Tips on running this for a Technocracy focused team of Cyborgs, Space explorers, and genetic engineering shape shifters??
>>
>>51352994

.. so do you want the Mage equivalent of Sam Haight?

Or do you want Sam Haight, but now he's also become a cyborg super soldier space marine?
>>
>>51353023
>Cyborgs, Space explorers, and genetic engineering shape shifters
That's just the group of mages who'd be going after him.
>>
>>51353043

Ah but he'd also be that. And also a ghoul and a mage and a werewolf.
>>
>>51352994
So 90s
>>
>>51353060

desu it sounds like a fun campaign
>>
Someone who may have been Chris once posted a description of a colonial Boston consilium as a pdf. Does anyone have that?
>>
>>51352376
It would be difficult, obviously. But there are ways you could handle it. You could use Disciplines, or turn her into a ghoul or a blood doll, or you could just let go of her. Or you could Embrace her.
>>
>>51350348
>Awakening 2e is pristine.

I respect DaveB as much as the next Anon, and as freeform modern wizard games go, Mage 2e is damned good, but it still has a number of issues (e.g., Lasting spells). If Dave ever releases the promised FAQ, hopefully some of these matters might be resolved.
>>
>>51351840
Hengeyoki was something they threw together after too much anime. It really needs a bunch of real Asian dudes and dudettes to correct it, diversify it and for fuck's sake do SOMETHING about the Kanji
>>
File: 1452179836803.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1452179836803.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51353162
>Chris once posted a description of a colonial Boston consilium as a pdf

Enjoy.
>>
>>51352195
>ocean of fragments
> the sea levels have dropped over the years.

Spiritual global cooling?
>>
>>51352145
I would assume it was a Manticore in the historic, mythic sense. So, head and body of a lion, bat wings, scorpion tail that shoots deadly poison needles, you know.
>>
>>51352516
So is Near Dark
>>
>>51353713
Un the book it appears as a human who like captures souls/ghosts.
>>
>>51353162
Hey you're the mummy fan, what do the deceived want?
>>
>>51352994
Focus on a Mage-centric view of things rather than trying for ultimate crossover. Make allies and strange bedfellows with other races that want him dead, too.

The Progenitors may want to capture him for study, but a rogue deep-cover operative in the Verbena has warned that Sam is wielding a literal Paradox Nuke. He absolutely has to be neutralised.
>>
>>51353659

Bless you.

>>51353755
>the mummy fan

Hey, we number in the single digits!

The Deceived have two wants: vengeance on the Arisen (or more properly their masters, but those are unfortunately vanished/ascended/trapped in Duat) and an escape from their hellish existence. Not that your player characters need to know either of those: feel free to have them be cryptic bogeymen, the monsters that the monsters tell scary stories to each other about.
>>
>>51353830

Why did you want Chris' colonial New York Consilium pdf?
>>
>>51353884

Because I'm watching that Netflix series about fur trappers and it reminded me about how bitter I am over my aborted Vampire chronicle set in 1750s Montreal.
>>
>>51353742
what the fuck?

Maybe this is like the Gaki? A throwaway reference they changed their minds about later? There are three vampire bloodlines mentioned in "Outcasts: a Guide to Pariahs" that never get written up ever again.
>>
>>51353914

Outcasts is a dope book.
>>
>>51353922
yeah, it had some good concepts. It was just spread too thin. Another 100 pages, regardless of cost increase, would have really made it.
>>
No I will never Mummy

Not now, not ever
>>
>>51354021
Would you, could you play it with young Alexa Jones?

Would you, could you play it using Phil Brucatto's bones?
>>
On a scale of 1 to 10 how badly would a shotgun shooting silver slugs fuck up a werewolf?
>>
I'm fucking serious about Zen. It's fucking bullshit. Sit still, park your brain in neutral, waste your life pretending to be a cabbage and be smug in the self-assurance this somehow helps the human race? Oh yes, must not forget the psychotic word salad in lieu of wisdom.
>>
>>51354218
I'd say 6 to 9, depending on the shooter, the target and if it's oWoD or nWod.
>>
I got Freak Legion in the mail today. You can spot the sections written by Phil Brucatto - irrelevant smartass bullshit padding out the word count, with barely fleshed out rules tacked on as an afterthought.

It doesn't say good things about Rich Thomas that he abrugated the entire M20 line to this pretentious hack, now does it?
>>
>>51354218
9/10
I've fucked a werewolf with a regular shotgun up it's asshole. Should have died, but he rolled like shit for hit and damage.

a group of shotgun wielding rednecks can fuck up a good number of supernaturals
>>
>>51354266
>It says good things about Rich Thomas that he abrugated the entire M20 line to this pretentious hack, now does it?

yeah I know man, he really knows how to stick to owod fags
>>
>>51354218
Arguing for Forsaken 2e:
If he gets hit? A lot.
But Werewolves get to apply defence against firearms in their combat forms, so it might be rather hard to tag them with it.

If you go 1-on-1 with werewolves you MUST ambush them, which is hard, due to their enhanced senses. They simply have too many tricks otherwise.
I mean, they aren't Mages, but practically all of their tricks have combat applications.
>>
>>51354432

>If you go 1-on-1 with Mages you MUST ambush them

Fixed that for you. You also don't need to ambush a Werewolf to kill it.
>>
>>51354504
I wasn't talking about fucking mages. I was talking about werewolves.
And I was talking about them from the point of view of normal fucking humans.
>>
>>51354608
>normal fucking humans.
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>51354649
People who actually play the games.
>>
>>51354663

Weak squishy non-supernaturals. Who would play those?
>>
>>51354748
People who actually play the games.
>>
>>51354843
>Mortal exists so you're a cuck who doesn't play the games if you don't play vanilla Mortal

AntiMagefags everyone.
>>
>>51354888
>Can't play a game without having full control
Might as well not even roll dice then
>>
Does anyone ever non-ironically support Mage, or is it just Mage Supremacy shitposters? And we know they aren't Mage players to begin with.
>>
How many dots and in what does a Mage need to build lets say a sword that is unbreakable and does not need sharpening? How can he add other qualities to the blade and will those survive the death of said mage?

I'm talking Awakening.
>>
>>51354928
Maybe they're playing too much Mage and becoming hubristic themselves.
>>
>>51354948
7 dots of Matter. Making something completely indestructible is in the practice of Excision (by removing the concept of "can be destroyed" from the object).

He can add other quantities by simply casting spells on it, and all of this can survive the death of the Mage. It can even survive him without much in the way of drawbacks, provided he relinquishes it properly.
>>
>>51354979
>>51354948
Oooo, if I can hazard a guess, you're trying to make Excalibur, aren't you?
>>
>>51354990
Excalibur is mostly just shining and impossibly sharp.

It is really the scabbard you want to replicate.
>>
File: whyyyy.png (27KB, 151x147px) Image search: [Google]
whyyyy.png
27KB, 151x147px
IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN
>>
>>51354928
Mage is my favorite game from both lines, and I maintain that mages are the strongest splat. But it isn't my favorite game because they're the strongest. I've always been a fan of fantasy magic (and I'm glad that magic is more magical in Awakening) and I love Mage's investigation and mystery angle. On top of that, mages stay human and have a better chance at staying connected to their mortal friends and family, potentially adding more weight to a dual life, should players choose to lead one. Like superheroes. I enjoy the other games well enough, but Mage is my favorite by far.
>>
>>51354948
You can imbue a sword to be enhanced and self-repairing. I think you only need to be a Disciple of Matter and Prime for that. You need to be Adept of Prime in 2e to imbue something but that's bullshit if you ask me. Alternatively you could convince an Obrimos to help you imbue it.
>>
>>51354948

You can mostly achieve what you want using Matter to enhance the structure and durability of the sword, with an equipment bonus to represent that it never needs sharpening. The spell will need to be made indefinite and relinquished for it to survive the death of the casting mage.

To add actual magical effects with need Prime 4 to imbue.

A sword made of Siderite (perfect iron), as described in 1e and spoiled for Signs of Sorcery, will also likely achieve many of the thematic qualities you want.
>>
>>51355048
You need to be an Adept of Prime to be able to make the item cast the spell, you don't need to be an Adept of Prime to cast spells on objects.
>>
>>51354990
Nah I have npc vampire that is one of those crazy invictus knights. After few dozens of blades destroyed over the years by enthusiastic application of vigor he got a bit pissed off. So he found a mage that was good at this stuff and asked him for an unbreakable blade. All in all the sword doesn't have to be indestructible but ridiculously durable.
>>
>>51355049
One more question than. Will such an item be recognizable to other supernaturals as magical in anyway? Do such spells leave a mark that can be tracked
>>
>>51355120
Yes, it's an active magical effect.
You need to use Prime Veiling to hide it from PMS.
>>
>>51355128
So for example changelings would get a ping on their equivalent "supernatural radar"?
>>
>>51355120

If it is magically enhanced with active spells, it can be sensed by those who possess relevant abilities. Not every supernatural can sense supernal magic.

A siderite sword, however, would not be actively magical unless additional spells were added. Those with knowledge of supernatural metals might notice something is up.
>>
>>51355160
They'd get a ping from the vampire too, though.
>>
>>51355160
Yes. But Changelings have an active radar, Mages have a passive one.
Mages would, for instance, sense it when a Changeling uses the Kenning.
>>
>>51355175
Vampires can acquire a lesser variation of Mage Sight from indulging in the blood of the Awakened. It's like a not-so-safe LSD trip which can potentially end up very badly. The things they see stare back... And they're too ignorant of magic to deal with it. The poor things.

Perhaps a Mage wouldn't mind letting their Vampire friend bite their wrist only to end up laughing at the leech while he/she trips on a bad trip. Ohohohoho. Don't do it. It's mean.
>>
I got bored, and wondered why Ascension gets to have all the fun.
>>
>>51355250
This just makes Mage-Vampire romances all the more hilarious. Especially if that Vampire happens to be of the Daeva Clan. Their new weakness fits it so perfectly and has just given me a few good ideas.

>>51355378
Nothing good will come out of this.
>>
>>51355246
Ok I will sum up a plot here since it may explain better what I'm trying to do here. So as in post above mage made a supersword for a vamp. Mage died from old age so vamp commissioned another member of that mages cabal to each dead guys name into the blade as a sort of memento. This was done with gusto so the blade would have some weird symbols around it.

So all in all to untrained eye it looks like somethign out of lord of the rings. So when the vamp was in torpor blade was stolen(200 years ago or so) and made few rounds around the world. Blade felt into hands of the changeling court that figured out that maybe if this is some crazy magical sword it can kill a true fae dead. The problem is said vampire cought a wind of this weapon and wants it back(badly).
>>
>>51355417
>Nothing good will come out of this.
Isn't that the point?
>>
File: Steve.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Steve.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>51355378
>>
>>51355423
Changelings are in general stronger than your average Vampire. Fate Mages are a hard counter to Changelings everywhere. Why not just ask a Mage to make you a new one?
>>
File: 1470604540820.gif (1MB, 451x331px) Image search: [Google]
1470604540820.gif
1MB, 451x331px
>>51355378
Nice.
>>
>>51355417
Are cross-splat romances even feasible? Like beyond casual sex.
>>
>>51355481
Thing is he likes the blade and he fells he did the dishonor to blades maker by letting it get stolen so while he could ask for new sword this is clearly not the same. Being sentimental sob and all.

So simply players will have some time to recover the blade from the court before the this guy comes to town and heads start rolling.
>>
>>51355536
Of course they're feasible. Daeva Vampires are all about intimacy and Fairest Changelings love a good fling. Just don't let the Vampire drink the Mage's blood and don't let the Changeling get too comfortable.
>>
>>51355536
He's vampire. She's a Sin-Eater. They fight crime. Or something
>>
>>51355378
gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8 no h8
>>
>>51355536
Why not? Most splats are horribly damaged people but still people. Werewolf-mummy odd couple when?
>>
>>51355536
Don't you think that love can bloom, even on a battlefield?
>>
>>51355691
Love is a Battlefield mate
>>
>>51355536
Any Changeling x Acanthus is the perfect match
>>
>>51355714
I disagree.
Moros + Vampire is best power couple.
>>
>>51355720
NUH UHH
>>
>>51355714
>>51355720
Shut up you maggots. Everyone knows it's Thyrsus x Werewolf
>>
>>51355714
>>51355720
>>51355729
Come the fuck on guys. Don't be stupid.

Thyrsus x Werewolf OTP
>>
>>51355758
Galateid and Deva
>>
File: 1464028873469.png (291KB, 786x519px) Image search: [Google]
1464028873469.png
291KB, 786x519px
>tfw obrimos
>tfw forever alone
>>
>>51355803
Obrimos and Angel/Demon mate
>>
>>51355816
Admittedly, Prime is the only Arcanum which can render objects tangible in Angel-Twilight.
>>
File: face1.png (4KB, 178x213px) Image search: [Google]
face1.png
4KB, 178x213px
>no one even bothers to mention those handsome Mastigos devils
>>
>>51355831
Mastigos and Lucifuge
>>
>>51355831
Mastigos pair up with their own goetic demons. Fucking weirdos.
>>
>>51355864
Why bother fucking your own mind, when you can quite literally have your waifu?
>>
>>51355875
By mentally enslaving the most desirable person you can find? I agree. I would do just that.

>Hubris
>>
File: 1471869925798.jpg (69KB, 460x609px) Image search: [Google]
1471869925798.jpg
69KB, 460x609px
>tfw /his/torian
>tfw my favorite character creation is making really in-depth historically authentic/accurate characters for Vampire
>tfw nobody else in my group is as well-versed in history as I am so their backstories never really get used
>still love doing it because it really lets me get inside my character's head

Anyone else know this feel? I ain't mad at my group; I know it's my own fault for going that deep when I'm the only one who knows that much on the subject.
>>
>>51351755
doesn't mean the game would be bad, though. I had much fun with KOTE (while ignoring the horrible mess that was the Corebook and focusing on supplements like Sunset Empires, of course)
>>
>>51355982
*the backstories for the characters I make, I mean. I'm not trying to say the other players get ignored in favor of my dudes.
>>
>>51355982
I feel you, bro. What is your favourite background?
>>
>>51356018
Hmm I'm a ST for my group so while my players usally give me a decent and fitting stories for their characters(who were turned in recent history). I have more problems with making NPCs that act and sound like the time they were born.
>>
>>51355982
I always hate it when players make half-assed backgrounds that have no bearing on their characters arcs. I love doing it. Fuck I made up a throwaway character that I'll probably never use for the Boston book that's better than the self-inserts that my friends come up with.
>>
You know, I've been wondering, if the Hollow alternate between two separate Torments due to their associated elements traditionally being "opposite" to each other...then is the inverse true for Extempore infused with Pyros sourced from two elements that are traditionally "adjacent", like Air and Water? Or to put it another way; Will an Extempore whose creation is associated with two "adjacent" humors be subject to single bout of Torment that has the worst parts from both its Humors?
>>
>>51356092
One of my players had to replace his character and he came up with backstory and non less than 4 npcs for me to use in accordence with said backstory. I still had to clean up some things that did not make sense but I kinda like it.
>>
File: 1471973103921.png (62KB, 838x983px) Image search: [Google]
1471973103921.png
62KB, 838x983px
>>51356047
I think my very first Vampire character. He was an Austrian ace pilot from WW1 who had been embraced by the Ventrue after coming home grievously wounded. He had to walk with a limp and was without one of his eyes, and had some bad scarring. I imagined him as like a face/driver combination; I put like 5 dots into Drive. I had hoped to eventually get another airplane again, although I don't know what I'd do with it as a vampire. I even got bitchin' character art from Slants when he still drawfagged for /tg/.

Then the first session happened, where the ST made me wreck my expensive prewar Mercedes Benz 540SSK roadster pulling into Elysium despite rolling one success, meaning my first introduction to the Kindred society of my new city was walking in and going "Hey, who owns the blue Chevy? I just wrecked it." And then a person who was watching the session nicknamed my character "Gimpy". The name stuck.

I wish I could find that old character art again, though.
>>
>>51355250
>>51355417
Could blood of the Awakened be used to create a Bloodline?
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
>>
>>51356728
Sure! A vampire vampire who gets addicted to Mage-made Vitae is a great way to source a Bloodline.
Probably Mekhets, they like that weird shit.
>>
>>51355831
A Mastigos/Beast couple is in the Beast anthology.
>>
Hey anons, let me ask you a question before the thread dies.

So a ghost can haunt a place. Terrorize people and all that. And spirits can be drawn to that fear. My question is, can spirits and ghosts merge together in anyway to form a huge Shadow/Twilight monster?
>>
File: 1482796784382.jpg (47KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482796784382.jpg
47KB, 1067x600px
>the MMO is coming back
It's time to get hype
>>
>>51357249
A second game announced? Ambitious.
>>
>>51357173
If I remember right that happened to the ghost of Jack the Ripper.
>>
Time for a new thread? This one fades soon.
>>
>>51357249
link?
>>
>>51357298
paradox bought white wolf from CCP, so they have the IP now
>>
>>51357398
Yeah. But they haven't announced a revival of the MMO.
>>
>>51357249
Who even plays MMOs anymore?
>>
>>51354429
>*leans in discretely, clears throat*
"dick eggs"
"secrets of the covenants"
"sidebars everywhere"
>leans back, nodding slowly
>>
>>51354888
Some of us play these games for fun.

DO you remember fun, anon? Before you got so bored you had to troll /tg/ continously?
>>
>>51354928
They don't even read the books. The "Forces 9" thing was news to them. The whole thing reminds me of a toddler who has learnt the word "FUCK" gets a reaction out of adults. Same mentality, same level of sophistication.
>>
>>51355709
Love lifts us up where we belong
>>
>>51357249
That's disgusting
>>
>>51356002
That is also true of White Wolf. No-one ever plays the games RAW, there's always houserules and adjustments made to suit the gaming group in question.

After all, it's meant to be fun. If the rules impinge on that, you have a duty to ignore them.
>>
http://imgur.com/gallery/AAgmE

Check this out, Mage players.
(inspiration)
>>
>>51350394
>How long before you remember what your face looks like? What happens to your sense of self when you do?
People in the pure modern world managed it.

>They can never pretend to be anything other than what they are.

Which the modern clan has no reason to do, since they're arrogant bastards
>>
>>51357032
By Dave I believe and also one of the better stories
>>
>>51357249
kek no
>>
>>51357579
>comparing 700 pages of abortion to 3page antagonist
father's thrusting cock
>>
>>51354266
But... Savage Genetalia is clearly the best rules.
>>
Didn't some anon write a Noir style fanfic with a Geist p.i. and his Daeva love interest?
>>
Why is being a vampire a bad thing again?
>>
>>51357908
Some people like being able to feel the warmth of the sun while they enjoy a nice plate of food.
>>
>>51357908
cannibalism, drinking blood, hurting others to exist, and slow erosion of the empathetic connection to humanity
Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.