[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Topical discussions edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 411
Thread images: 89

File: berkeystar.jpg (75KB, 548x700px) Image search: [Google]
berkeystar.jpg
75KB, 548x700px
Previous Thread: >>51320075

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
File: 1394509984519.jpg (2MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1394509984519.jpg
2MB, 3072x2048px
Best snubfighter comin' through.
>>
File: Y-wing dogfight.jpg (173KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
Y-wing dogfight.jpg
173KB, 500x731px
>>51337425
agreed
>>
File: y-wing.jpg (249KB, 1016x570px) Image search: [Google]
y-wing.jpg
249KB, 1016x570px
>>51337554
Nice to see that others recognize quality when they see it.
>>
File: Nebulon B frigate escprt.jpg (304KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Nebulon B frigate escprt.jpg
304KB, 1500x750px
>>51337597
whats the best fighter without the best ship
>>
File: IMG_3752.jpg (520KB, 637x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3752.jpg
520KB, 637x800px
Did anybody else find Imperial Assauts "Jabbas Realm" to be not a good next choice for an expansion? I figured FFG would of went Endor or the Death Star, something relevant to the main plot of the original trilogy.
>>
File: alliance ranger elite.png (211KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
alliance ranger elite.png
211KB, 300x465px
>>51338081
WTF are you talking about? Jabba's palace is the obvious place to set an expansion after Bespin. If anything, it's too predictable.

>Twin Shadows
The part of Tatooine with seedy cantinas and Tusken Raiders, like we see in the first act of A New Hope
>Return to Hoth
Hoth, duh, the first act of The Empire Strikes Back
>The Bespin Gambit
Cloud City, the third act of ESB
>Jabba's Realm
The part of Tatooine we see in the first act of Return of the Jedi

So what are we missing chronologically? On board the first Death Star, which is not a place to set even a mini-campaign; the Death Star trench run, which is for X-Wing, not Imperial Assault; and Dabogah, where exactly three characters appeared in the entire OT.

Endor will probably be the next large expansion (I don't think FFG would try to cram it into a small box, anyway). Expect Scout Troopers, Ewoks, a Rebel general version of Han Solo, and if we're lucky, Palpatine. The Jabba's Realm wave gave us a head start on Endor with pic related.
>>
File: Burning Nebulon B.jpg (213KB, 1281x720px) Image search: [Google]
Burning Nebulon B.jpg
213KB, 1281x720px
>>51338053
Best at what? Exploding?
>>
Whats the best non-Star Wars films to rip off for my EotE campaign?
I'm lazy and can't seem to think of a good plot
>>
>>51338779
What's the party make up?
>>
>>51338779
Any Akira Kurosawa film
The Godfather
Fistful of Dollars trilogy
Blazing Saddles
Hard Boiled
The Fast and the Furious
Reservoir Dogs
Heat
Ocean's Eleven
Shanghai Noon/Knights
Pulp Fiction
Boondock Saints
Big Trouble in Little China

Do any of these work?
>>
>>51338841
My players haven't really come up with it yet
But from previous experience it will be 2-3 Han Solo rip-offs and some kind of diplomat/healer
>>
Thanks m80, thats a great help
>>
>>51338880
Italian job?

You've got your driving (or piloting), your blowing things up, plenty of opportunity for things to go horribly wrong.
>>
>>51338920
Good idea, I might do a mix of that and the Godfather
Thanks for the ideas
>>51338871
>>51338898
Sorry forgot to quote correctly
>>
File: Salvation.png (116KB, 194x300px) Image search: [Google]
Salvation.png
116KB, 194x300px
>>51338619
They really are unparalleled at exploding if you can get their side arcs in your line of fire. On the flip side, they're one of the most efficient snipers out their front arc, especially with the Salvation title.
>>
>>51338779
If you can, watch Kill!. It's a more humorous adaptation of the same book that Kurosawa based Yojimbo off of.
>>
Well my party's bounty hunter droid just jihaded the hell out of an Inquisitor.

Against all odds the party had managed to beat her down, but she was fleeing, and thanks to Enhance jumps she was getting the fuck out of dodge faster than anyone could really keep up with, was sitting there all smug thinking I had a recurring villain on my hands.

Cue the bounty hunter droid deciding that escape isn't on menu, engaging his jetpack and tackling her out of the fucking air while detonating an armour piercing charge he had in his chest cavity. Bits of him rained down all over the battlefield, but the party's ass is now covered and they have a pretty cool story to tell, even if they lost a crewmate.

He was a modified B1 Battle Droid, so it's kind of appropriate that he blew the fuck out of a force user. Finally got that jedi scum. Like pottery.
>>
>>51339024
Will do
>>
So how do I efficiently run the firespray in scum lists? I really like Kath Scarlet, but Boba also has his charm.

Who to pair with them? (only got one firespray, unfortunately)
>>
>>51339034
Well on the bright side, the Empire now has a very good reason to throw a heavy fist the parties direction now.

I made my old party regret the day they decided to gib a trainee Inquisitor after the party Jedi. They even recorded it and uploaded it to the holonet for kicks. This was only our second ever Star Wars game so they didn't exactly realize the penalty of antagonizing the Empire like that but they got taught quickly enough. Fun times.
>>
>>51338081
Endor is likely next. Jabba's Realm is pretty fuckin baller, though. Jet Troopers!

Possible IA expansions
>Endor
Ewoks, scout troopers, Han/Chewie/AT-ST that's worth a damn
>Lothal
AT-PTs, Security droids (Death Troopers), Hondo
>TFA, maybe Maz's castle
Crimson Corsair, FO and Resistance dudes, roly poly monsters
>Jedha
Partisans, tanks, crazy weirdo alien shit, Death Troopers?
>Geonosis
Battle droids pls
>>
>>51339259
Things will definitely escalate, for sure. I loved the session though, it was a really nice end to that character, even if he had a lot of potential that kind of got snuffed out.

Losing his friend has also made the party jedi's rapid spiral into the dark side accelerate that bit more, he's probably going to fall in a session or two at this rate.
>>
>>51339339
>inb4 Lothal, infiltrator droids, Lasats, statblocks for Mining Guild TIE and inquisicopter
>>
>>51339216
At our regionals yesterday (128 players, I think) the guy who made second had Boba and Ketsu.

Kath I like to run with fearlessness and dengar or tail gunner plus glitterstim and an optional engine upgrade. Boba I like VI, engine, glitterstim, latts/tactician/tail gunner, and proton bombs.

Solid ship, fun to fly, definitely unforgiving without engine upgrade.
>>
>>51339034
Remember, you can spend a Dark Side point to let any Nemesis escape.
>>
File: x_wing_propaganda.jpg (20KB, 236x330px) Image search: [Google]
x_wing_propaganda.jpg
20KB, 236x330px
>>51332710

These are awesome! Thanks a ton!
>>
Were E-wings meant to look like Vipers from BSG, or is it coincidence?
If it's intentional, is it homage or blatant rip-off.
Also, T-wings
>>
>>51339939
E-wings look nothing like Vipers. Vipers were made from McQuarrie drawings anyway.
>>
File: E-wing x Viper.png (1MB, 2560x808px) Image search: [Google]
E-wing x Viper.png
1MB, 2560x808px
>>51339996
They're not dissimilar
>>
>>51340058
That's a hell of a stretch, even for Reed Richards.
>>
>>51340058
E-wings are just lazily derivative from existing designs. Existing designs are already similar to the Viper, since they were both made by the same damn concept artist.

That's the extent of their similarity.
>>
>>51340058
>engines in completely different places
>guns in completely different places
>one cockpit follows flat surfaces, the others' makes a bubble
>one has a vertical stabilizer, the other doesn't
Lay off the weed, man.
>>
>>51340098
>>51340110
>>51340124
Alright, I googled it and there are even memes on other SW communities about how similar they look.
>>
Any scans of Friends Like These up yet?

I'm curious about the Mando Human and the statblock for a Raider.
>>
>>51340261
Literally the only similarity is they're both snub fighters with a long nose and short wings.
>>
>>51338619
as said by others, the Nebulon-B may be a reletively small ship, but it can punch well above its size class.

a pair of Nebulon-Bs have the potential to bring down a Star Destroyer.
>>
My AoR group needs to get to Byss in order to destroy the Empires newest project. Now I realize that Byss's location is a well guarded secret. so I was wondering how they might go about finding it's coordinates, any ideas?
>>
For EotE character creation, do you go RAW when it comes to starting cash / equipment or do you do it differently?
What about starting spaceship?
>>
Will the Nebulon B ever see itself in X-wing?
I wouldn't even mind if they scaled it to 1/400 and made it 5 Epic points. I'd buy it on day one and run the shit out of it.
>>
File: 1469723148203.png (11KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1469723148203.png
11KB, 390x470px
>>51340552
>a pair of Nebulon-Bs have the potential to bring down a Star Destroyer.
>>
>>51340605
My group ran it closer to "mother may I?" with the GM.
>>
>>51340058
I think the T-Wing bears a far stronger resemblance to the viper.
>>
>>51340622
Done it in armada.
>>
>>51340656
that means nothing
>>
>>51340603
Breaking into an ISB complex?
Interrogating a janitor/radar technician that might have worked there?
Put a tracking device on a ship thats bound for that direction?
Apply to an Imperial job posting, work your way up to be shipped off to any "Top Secret" assignments?
Find an information broker in the Hutt underworld?
>>
>>51340622

I'm pretty sure a pair of frigates could take down a VSD I. That thing was just not up to snuff for space combat in the rebellion era.

ISDI, ISDII, or VSDII are probably too much for two frigates, though. Those ships were made to dominate in space combat.
>>
>>51340622
comparing them in armada:
Two Neb-Bs with Spinal armaments pump out 4 red dice each from the front arc
A regular Star Destroyer has 11 hull points and 4,3,3,2 in shield values

Ok, so they won't bring it down in one salvo but if the manage to stick to its ass for a while they can burn away enough to detonate or severely cripple the ISD
>>
Xwing question.

Is the starviper viable, and is it possible to make any fun/thematic lists with it?
>>
>>51341228
It's overcosted, but it's got an amazing dial so you can definitely make it work.
>>
Does anyone have experience playing EotE or the similar rpgs over voice chat? I'm looking to GM my first time with this and I'm wondering if the game mechanics are too difficult when not in person with your players
>>
>>51341262
overcosted. So how to shave points to make it evencosted then?
>>
How bad of an idea is it to give a party a Firespray as their starting ship?
>>
>>51341570
>How bad of an idea is it to give a party a Firespray as their starting ship?
not bad at all if the party likes collecting bounties for a living. I mean its listed AS one of the four starting ships in the EotE core.
>>
>>51341570
It's not a BAD idea, but one pilot, no copilot, no gunners can make it boring for the crew. If they're okay with space combat being a mostly one-man show, then it's fine. There are still things they can do in combat (look for a table titled "Additional Starship and Vehicle Actions"), just not the exciting stuff.
>>
>>51340058
E-Wings are so boring looking.
>>
>>51341357

Wait for a scum aces pack.
>>
>>51341314

Yep, do it all the time. I haven't had any problems. Use a dice roller which calculates the results and it should be too hard to teach. People struggle a little with the symbology but that's not inherent to say, using discord or google hangouts.
>>
File: Luke.jpg (805KB, 1280x1420px) Image search: [Google]
Luke.jpg
805KB, 1280x1420px
Anyone else run their games in a vaguely defined post-Endor time period? The Wookiepedia crew has a potent strain of autism, so I can't stand to go there. In my mind, following the Empire's defeat at Endor, the New Republic was formed with Leia as Chancellor, Han and Leia married, the Imperial Remnant retreated to the Outer Rim under Thrawn and began infighting, and Mandalore remains withdrawn, neutral and badass (the lore with all this darksaber/death watch/Satine/ shit never happened). The Jedi academy is established on Yavin IV and a Sith Cult is established in the Unknown Regions. Rich Vos is playing tonight at the Laugh It Up! Comedy Club (inside Mahooney's Irish Pub and Steakhouse) in Poughkeepsie, tickets start at only $10.
>>
>>51341971
>Mandalore remains withdrawn, neutral and badass

Was cool with it until this part. As much as I hate a lot of the clone wars and rebels stuff including mandos having the mandos as better than thou special snowflake tacticools is why they sucked in late EU
>>
>>51339996
You're thinking of Thunderfighters for Buck Rogers, which were the original Viper design.
>>
>>51341965
And I should be using a dice roller that actually uses the Star Wars dice right? Not the regular dice and try to convert it
>>
>>51341228
It's solid, but definitely overcosted by a bit. Think pre-vets Defenders. Guri is money, very action efficient and good in a mindlink list.
>>
>>51341965
Anybody use the EOTE dice tools for EOTE? I did with a group a long time back and then tried again recently and one of my friends couldn't get it to download when he joined our chat
>>
>>51342199
>>51342327

My group uses http://game2.ca/eote/#

It doesn't integrate or anything, so the only way to see is like, screen share somehow, but if you can trust players with their rolls you can't trust players with their rolls.
>>
>>51342075
>thou special snowflake tacticools
but but muh boba
>>
>>51342414
It's less trusting my players and more that it saves me time on interpreting the results/crafting the dice pool if I can see it. Thanks for the help though
>>
>>51340603
>>51340746
These are all good ideas.

Sneak aboard a transport going there.
Find and corrupt a researcher.
Use the Force.
>>
File: 1441603620386.png (102KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1441603620386.png
102KB, 500x321px
>start watching Rebels season 3
>Bendu shows up
>holy shit its kingseeker Frampt
>look his character up
>not voiced by Frampt
>voiced by Tom Baker

holy shit, say what you will about Rebels and Clone Wars, but I fucking love their voice talents
>>
File: Y-Wing.jpg (69KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
Y-Wing.jpg
69KB, 800x447px
Would it be okay to start off my AoR party A4 (i.e. one-man) Y-Wings instead of S3s (two-man)? Would any significant problems arise from this? I'm running a starfighter-centric campaign with space combat fixes, FYI.
>>
>>51342124
No, McQuarrie also made the final Viper concept.
>>
>>51343210
You are correct, I apologize for my ignorance.
>>
>>51343030
It'd be perfectly fine, little more offensive power but less protective fire.
>>
Is it worth trying to compete in an X-wing regional if I have to drive 3 hours to the closest one?
>>
>>51343817
Not unless you're good enough to win it.
>>
>>51343030
Can't see why not. It does mean the party can do 4 things per round, instead of 2 (effectively), but there are surely some disadvantages to making everyone require pilot skills.

Plus, spare parts and maintenance are going to be killers. Good luck keeping all 4 flying at the same time.
>>
Fuck. ing. Called it.

Sabine for Mandalore! Training montage episode is proof!
>>
>>51344301
>Old lore had Boba Fettasmandalore
>New lore will have Sabine as one

As long as she wont force her changing hair colors and graffitti upon the rest of the Mandalorians i shall be ok with it.
>>
File: boba-fett-de.jpg (169KB, 363x731px) Image search: [Google]
boba-fett-de.jpg
169KB, 363x731px
>>51344345

I'd love it if Boba Fett works as a hitman for the Mando opposition. Play up that he's this disgusted outcast pretender, but who Mandos are now desperate, begrudging, or culturally depraved enough to resort to hiring.

The more he reverts to pre-Prequel "Man with No Name" type the better.
>>
File: home_one_by_wraithdt-d8sysqw.jpg (642KB, 984x1200px) Image search: [Google]
home_one_by_wraithdt-d8sysqw.jpg
642KB, 984x1200px
Can someone explain the different types of ship-mounted laser weapons to me?

What's the scale here? What's the low end vs the high end?
>>
>>51344560
In general or pertaining to a specific media?
>>
>>51343817
If you want to play a bunch of X-Wing, meet some cool people, and maybe get a shot at some glory, go for it.
>>
File: LwczbUg.jpg (230KB, 1500x1388px) Image search: [Google]
LwczbUg.jpg
230KB, 1500x1388px
>>51344586
In general, sorry. No rules required. I'm just trying to figure out the terminology for weapons systems.
>>
>>51344463
>pre-Prequel "Man with No Name" type the better.
To be fair, he lost his "Man with No Name" in the early EU, then the Prequels further facilitated it while The Clone Wars tried to give some of it back to him.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1919x816px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1919x816px
>>51344729
>Blaster Cannon
Basically an upscaled version of the star wars handheld blaster. Available in full or semi-auto, considered inferior to laser cannons.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>51344729
>Laser Cannon
Focused light beams combined with charged particles to produce long range, accurate, and incredibly damaging blasts of energy. The number one choice for anti-vehicle and anti-personnel work.
>>
Playing around with Rendar lists. What do you think of this one?
Is Dash too fat?

Dash Rendar [Push the Limit, Heavy Laser Cannon, Assault Missiles, Sabine Wren, Outrider, Engine Upgrade, Ion Bombs] (64)

“Red Ace” [R2-D2, Comm Relay, Integrated Astromech] (36)
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1431x982px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1431x982px
>>51344729
>Ion Cannon
Anti-ship stun gun. It won't tear a ship in half, but it'll knock out all its systems.
>>
>>51344925
That's a Mass Driver.
>>
>brain worm episode of TCW
>Anakin believably goes from nice and caring master to backhanding and force choking a prisoner to get them to talk
Holy shit why is a children's cartoon so much better at showing Anakin becoming Vader over the course of 15 minutes than the movies for whom it was their sole purpose managed in ~6 hours?
>>
>>51345087
We haven't been calling the movies shite for years now just because of nothing.
>>
>>51345087
You think that's good? Wait until Mortis.
>>
>>51345087
Because they learned from the mistakes of the prequels
>>
>>51345081
You're right, I'm sorry. Have you got a good image of a vehicle-size blaster cannon in an action pose where it's not hidden inside a TIE or something?
>>
>>51344925
>>51345081
So let me get this straight.

The droid army. Has guns. That have to be loaded manually. And have spent... casings? everywhere.

This is a silly setting.
>>
>>51345087
Besides the reason he turned was Padme that episode has nothing to do with her, as I remember
>>
>>51344560

AFAIK, at least in nucanon (and my chosen canon, teehee) lasers are more or less identical to blasters, with one major difference.

A 'blaster' weapon converts a blaster gas into a plasma by processing it through an XCiter, which uses electricity stored in a power pack (or in the rare case of ship-mounted blasters, from the ship's reactor) to cause the state change.

A laser uses a high-powered laser to cause the state change, which is more expensive and harder to miniaturize, in exchange for better results in terms of plasma output, which leads to more damage and range.

A turbolaser is the same principal, except with an even more powerful laser. Even bigger, even more energy required, et cetera.

A superlaser... you get the idea.
>>
Heavy Battle Armor is practically Mandalorian Armor, right?
>>
>>51345171
The guns on the Naboo Speeders are blasters cannons iirc.
>>
>>51345256

That's the art they use for it, anyway.
>>
>>51345185
Droid NAVY, senpai. It's an old-school flak gun, so the casing holds all the shrapnel and shit.
>>
Anyone knows the rules regarding out of combat Force checks in EoE?
>>
>>51344992
A bit to fat yeah. Assault missiles, especially without guidance Chips, feels a bit wasted on a ship that's gonna roll 4 attack dice always anyways, so that's one thing to drop.
>>
>>51345689
Should I replace those 5 points with a torp on the X-wing? or should I try dropping enough stuff to fit a 3rd ship in the list?
>>
>>51345621

The same as in combat Force checks?
>>
>>51345737
I would say upgrade the X-wing, maybe go to a more expensive pilot or loadout. For only 37 points you can do Nien Numb + Stay on Target + Targetting Astro + Pattern Analyzer + Autothrusters which makes for a super maneuverable, survivable and fun ship to fly.
>>
>>51343030
So what's the plan with the starfighter-centric game other than "shoot stuff?"

And have you considered using the upgrades, tweaks, and repairs that the PCs will need as mechanisms to drive the story?
>>
>>51345779
but do you roll for a scene or for any action, or can you spam force powers? I guess it's the gamemaster's call?
>>
>>51345087
There's also the time a potential Seperatist spy is hitting on Padme and Anakin loses his shit
>>
>>51345951

I mean, you can roll as many times as you like - the only thing stopping you is failure, but the "time scale" of Force powers is deliberately ambiguous, so outside of structured time your GM can easily go, "Okay, you failed to use Influence, the stormtrooper has busted out his binder cuffs and is gesturing fo you to put your hands behind your back"

There's no limit to the amount of times you can roll a power, but time doesn't stop while you try and do so.
>>
>>51345950

Reading about this makes me want to run a "Wing Commander"-style story & game now.
>>
>>51345256

I believe Mandalorian armor had the same stats as heavy battle armor in the Friends Like These adventure. However, the latest update to No Disintegrations specifically mentions the "impressive quality and legendary status" of Mandalorian armor, so it might have separate stats for it in that book.
>>
>>51346279
So... do that then?

I mean, it's nice to have at least 2 overlapping themes or mechanics in your game. It makes you look like a really cunning GM.
>>
File: Rdroids.jpg (23KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
Rdroids.jpg
23KB, 250x231px
For my AoR campaign I'm considering giving my players a deliberately non-R series Astromech droid due to their cell's resources being scarce. Something that sort of performs all the same functions but is needlessly more complicated because of all the patents the R-series manufacturers have in place.

What do you think would be some entertainingly frustrating equivalent functions it could have? I was considering something like it's not able to dock with starfighters, so to connect it you have to have it inside the cockpit with you taking up space and being a nuisance.
>>
>>51346357
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/C1-series_astromech_droid
>>
>>51346357
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T3-series_utility_droid

Maybe I just liked KOTOR too much
>>
File: R1 Astromech.jpg (178KB, 688x1408px) Image search: [Google]
R1 Astromech.jpg
178KB, 688x1408px
>>51346357
Alternatively, give them an R1 astromech.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R1-series_astromech_droid/Legends

>"It was common for R1 units to be used in the hyperdrive sleds of CloakShape fighters."
>>
>>51346357
The head is detachable and "extra-modular!" It's sold as a feature, but really, it's just a nuisance. Finding compatible sockets is difficult, and despite promises from the manufacturer, no two body types ever seem to work the same way.

Rather than inserting the whole droid into a socket in your fighter, you pop the head off and insert it into a custom (and very finnicky) docking port.
>>
>>51346357
The astromech line is perfectly competent but extremely cowardly. In battle, they've been known to jettison themselves into space rather than risk another direct hit.
>>
>>51346279
Excellent taste.
>>
>>51346357
The astromech always insists on taking the fastest route, even if it's more dangerous. You sometimes find it adding fuel boosters to the tanks or removing safety governors from your ship's turbines.
>>
>>51346357
Someone decided that fitting the astromech with sixteen different types of alarms and a very powerful speaker was a good idea.

The good news is you'll never sleep in again.
>>
>>51346357
Pro: The droid has the language library of a mid-range protocol droid, and can understand instructions given by almost any being, droid, or system.

Con: It doesn't have proper speakers, just a couple of those motherboard beepers set to different tones. And they're buried inside its head, so they're a bit tough to hear.

Pro: Its enormous comm library includes programming languages, and the droid can manipulate most systems that an R2 unit could. In some cases it even does a better job.

Con: The droid's computer probe is a proprietary model which the manufacturer thought would replace galactic standard comm ports. It did not. No-one has ever figured out how to replace the probe without bricking the droid, so it needs special adapters to jack into a computer. No company has made one in over twenty years.
>>
Anyone up for another round of "design a hideous starship?"

Just select one shape off each page and mash them together to build the outline of your new ship.
>>
File: 1484794080858.png (74KB, 942x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484794080858.png
74KB, 942x500px
>>51347724
>>
>>51345028
Funnily enough they chose to use fuck huge ion rather than actual lasers because they penetrate ISD shields, which are too tonka stronk even for batteries of that size, and guarantee to disable where even direct damage probably wont do enough work against it's hull.
>>
>>51341570
It'd be better for them all to get their own Firespray so they can all contribute to space combats. As it is, the YT-1300 is simply the best starting option.
>>
>>51341068
That's assuming the ISD being shot doesn't use any defense tokens, which isn't likely.
Hell, an ISD II with Spinal Armament and a Concentrate Fire command gives them 10 dice out of their front arc. Add in Gunnery Teams and they could down two Neb-B's in one round. They could take SW-7 Ion Batteries for even more damage.
>>
>>51347741
i love it
>>
File: Sabaac.png (589KB, 1922x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Sabaac.png
589KB, 1922x1085px
>>51348300
The 3D render was pretty interesting to make.
>>
Remember that time Vader choked out Motti while holding a cup of coffee?
>>
File: 20170122_151411.jpg (831KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170122_151411.jpg
831KB, 2048x1152px
>>51348470
>>
>>51346357
G2 Goose droid is basically a terrible, non-slottable astromech.
>>
>>51348489
>using the Force to hold his coffee
I now have the idea of running a Star Wars game where the BBEG is a Sith who, upon first encountering the Party fights them while his coffee floats newby and he takes sips of it in between rounds to show how little a threat the Party is.
>>
File: office-space.jpg (103KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
office-space.jpg
103KB, 1200x675px
>>51348745
>Umm, yeah, I'm going to need you to surrender that holocron.
>>
File: [email protected] (11KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
3352110@2x.png
11KB, 370x320px
>>51348797
>>
>>51348797
>yeah, TK-421 I'm going to need to come in this Saturday
>>
>>51339688
Oh yeah, I know, but I find that kinda cheap, and if the players think up such a cool, dramatic way to take an enemy out, why rob them of that?

I guess my post might have come across like I was disappointed. Far from it, I was cheering along with him the whole way, even if it was kinda bittersweet because he was a great character.
>>
File: 1254933647060.gif (168KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
1254933647060.gif
168KB, 256x144px
>>51348844
>"What would you say you Jedi do here?"

>"Well look, I already told you! We deal with the goddamn Separatists so the citizens don't have to! We have diplomatic skills! I am good at diplomacing with people! Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?"
>>
File: like a boss.jpg (72KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
like a boss.jpg
72KB, 640x425px
>>51349076
>Well, the first thing I do is TALK TO CORPORATE
>>
>>51348489

>Force Coffee
>>
Kinda continuing the death star talk, what other WMDs, besides Star Killer and Sun Crusher, are there in Star Wars / the ethics behind them?
>>
>>51349782
The only one I thought that was actually sensible was the Galaxy gun, and that was similar to starkiller base and modern ICBMs in that it was a weapon with reach that was kept secured in your territory. The eclipse wasn't terrible either, being halfway between the deathstar and a super star destroyer.
>>
File: come on and SLAM.jpg (91KB, 448x416px) Image search: [Google]
come on and SLAM.jpg
91KB, 448x416px
>>51349858
Best superweapon is still the Missile Boat, though.
>>
>>51349782
>Ethics
>WMDs

I'm curious about your definition of ethics.

But there are a lot of super weapons, such as galaxy gun, star killer base (see galaxy gun), darksaber, the suncrusher :^)
>>
>>51349927
Ethics wasn't really the word, I was curious about the restrictions and laws / social perception of them if they're that detailed
>>
>>51349782
>what other WMDs, besides Star Killer and Sun Crusher, are there in Star Wars

Oh brother, are you in for a world of discovery.

Galaxy Gun (Shoot planet killer missiles through hyperspace!)

Darksaber (Shitty budget superlaser built by Durga the Hutt using every single cost-cutting measure in the book I never fired and was crushed by asteroids!)

World Devestators (Consume a planet's raw materials and turn them into resources to build drone fighters!)

Torpedo Spheres (Mini Death Stars built to bomb the shit out of a planet)

The Krytos Virus (Super-virulent Space Leprosy!

Drochs (Ancient bio-engineered bugs that cause the Death Seed Plague)

Omega Ice (Snap-freeze anything, including a Rebel fleet! Brought to you by TaggeCo!)

The Tarkin (Basically a smaller-scale superlaser station as a kind of interim between the Death Stars)

There's more, of course.
>>
I got Empire At War from a friend on steam, but I've heard that it's better with some mod or another. What mod is this?
>>
>>51349967
>Restrictions
There aren't any. The Empire loves fucking people over
>Social perception
People don't like being blown up by the Empire. They don't get a vote
>>
File: Ikea PS 2014 Lamp.gif (2MB, 240x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ikea PS 2014 Lamp.gif
2MB, 240x360px
>>51350009
In my campaign, Durga somehow got the Darksaber up and running. It's more like a laser shotgun - it can't destroy a planet, but it sure can fuck up its atmosphere - but it's allowed him to carve out a little empire of his own.

It's also remarkably effective against ships. It's not accurate, but anything in the cone of fire tends to melt.
>>
>>51350009
>After a twelve day incubation period, the Krytos virus entered into a one-week debilitating process in which it replicated itself in the host body. Once a cell was filled with the virus, that cell soon exploded and the cell next to it became infected. The circulatory system carried the virus throughout the body cell by cell. The virus did not destroy pain receptors, so the process was particularly agonizing for the victim, particularly during the final stages

o-oh
>>
File: 1484897260821.jpg (324KB, 1200x1311px) Image search: [Google]
1484897260821.jpg
324KB, 1200x1311px
>>51350192
This is significantly less horrifying than several real-world diseases.
>>
File: image.png (346KB, 500x910px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
346KB, 500x910px
>>51350341
>>
>>51350009
>never fired and was crushed by asteroids
I thought it exploded the first time they tried to fire it?
>>
>>51350422
>>51348844
I'm going to assume you are the same person, and that you have at least 1GB of manga reaction images.

Carry on.
>>
>>51350192
It's also easily curable as long as you're not in the final stages. You just need, IIRC, a liter or so of Bacta. The point was a terror weapon to demoralize the NR, not kill them all. The latter happening was just a bonus.
>>
>>51349888
hope this and the gunboat gets recanonized
>>
File: image.png (14KB, 377x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
14KB, 377x488px
>>51350464
Wrong on the first one, but I guess "at least 1" includes 33.
>>
File: [email protected] (13KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
3352108@2x.png
13KB, 370x320px
>>51350464
I'm not the other guy if I were to tally up all the manga/anime reaction images it would probably be closer to 5 or 6 gigs.
>>
>>51350494
>>51350503
Well huh.

Ok, you two had better become friends or lovers, because fuck it, this is too weird.
>>
File: folder.png (30KB, 361x449px) Image search: [Google]
folder.png
30KB, 361x449px
>>51350494
Well if you want to measure beyond just reaction images...
>>
File: 1310282197796.jpg (73KB, 561x972px) Image search: [Google]
1310282197796.jpg
73KB, 561x972px
>>51350530
>>
File: 2 4 6 8.png (168KB, 398x685px) Image search: [Google]
2 4 6 8.png
168KB, 398x685px
>>51350549
Damn, son, that folder is T H I C C
>>
File: 1429856704968.gif (668KB, 346x191px) Image search: [Google]
1429856704968.gif
668KB, 346x191px
>>51350564
>>51350549
>>
>>51348494
So you're saying that Goose is good for getting to the Danger Zone?
>>
>>51346357
It's got a thing for filming the crew going to the bathroom and selling it on the side in those shady cantinas.
On the bright side, your little droid is fucking loaded.

The downside is he's a greedy little shit and usually only spends credits on himself.

Which is why he's got two new flashy camera appendages and a gold plated third leg
>>
How do you justify parties important enough to be commanding a moderately sized capital ship still landing and doing shit as a party?

Party is AoR fighter squadron who are decently high up in the rebellion and have been given operational command of a vent or they previously liberated for their missions around the galaxy.

It's easy enough to justify why they don't solve the problem with the ship, it is kinda fragile, but it is harder to explain why they deal with problems personally.

Any ideas? So far we've been hand waving but I like rationalizing things as that generally leads to plot hooks
>>
>>51350857
Same as why Jedi generals are on the front lines, its where they're most valuable.
>>
File: picard tea.jpg (363KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
picard tea.jpg
363KB, 800x610px
>>51350857
Everyone else is a redshirt, a Bothan, or both. Alternately, there simply aren't any marines on board and the PCs are the only ones even remotely qualified for ground combat.
>>
>>51350857

You pretty much can't. It doesn't make sense for the leadership of a crew that numbers in at minimum the hundreds to be going down and doing Away Team things themselves. There are certain circumstances - they're forced into it by the ship crashing, the away team(s) they send first lose contact, et cetera - but it's hard to do that over and over.

This is the same problem I ran into when I played Rogue Trader; if I'm the Master at Arms of a capital ship with an armed forces detail of thousands of men, it doesn't make any sense for my response to any 'go explore this ancient ruin!' adventure or whatever to not be sending a few dozen men.
>>
>>51350857
I have everyone plays two characters. I have a pretty tight knight RP group and I can't see this working with every group though.
>>
File: fk5lecnaxakkgvwuvl5s.gif (276KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fk5lecnaxakkgvwuvl5s.gif
276KB, 500x500px
>>51350611
Yes, if you mean exploding and dying while the droid cracks shitty puns.

you better do some of that pilot shit mave
>>
>>51350857
It's star wars, by the end of the original trilogy, the party was composed of several generals, a princess, the last living Jedi, and a pair of droids that had lived through three wars. Yet they still landed and did shit as a party, some of it strategically trivial.
>>
File: kylo.gif (2MB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
kylo.gif
2MB, 500x255px
>>51348797
>PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean!
>>
If normal lightsabers are powered by light-aligned kyber crystals and red lightsabers are kyber crystals that have been bled out so they don't resist dark force users, what on earth was done to the poor crystal powering the darksaber?
>>
>>51350192
>Once a cell was filled with the virus, that cell soon exploded and the cell next to it became infected. The circulatory system carried the virus throughout the body cell by cell

This is literally most viruses
>>
>>51351495
Hutt stuff. More specifically, Hutt stuff on a shoestring budget.
>>
>>51351495
Such shitty lore. Why can't red crystals just be synthetic? I hate the whole lightsaber crystals are magic now.
>>
File: Aks_Moe_CT.png (1MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Aks_Moe_CT.png
1MB, 900x1200px
>>51351495
I think it may have predated the whole "Harry Potter Wand Choosing Ceremony Lightsabers".

It's just a big fuck-off laser.

Or are we talking about the Mando darksaber?

Fuck this canon.
>>
>>51351625
The Mando one.
>>
>>51351625
Ahsoka could be wrong she has been away from the Jedi for quite a while, and there's no indication other crystals couldn't function for use in lightsabers, as of yet, unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>51351495
Maybe the crystal just liked that color and shape?
>>
>>51351659
I see it as the crystal bonds to it's user. They said no Mandalorian had ever been a Jedi before. So maybe the Darksaber blade is just how Kyber crystals respond to being used by a Mando?
>>
>>51351654
This is the theory I like the best. One because Ahsoka is way too mary sue in star wars in the actual meaning of the term, and also because people take everything that people say to each other in universe as absolute canon when people can and do fuck up all the time
>>
>>51351720
>I see it as the crystal bonds to it's user.
This is pretty explicitly stated in Sabine's training montage in rebels.
>>
>>51351757
What even is the purpose of the bond? The films show that lightsabers don't function any differently when they're in the hands of people other than their original owners. Han made the Tauntaun sleeping bag, Anakin's saber changes hands often, and Grievous keeps a collection of trophy sabers for his own personal use. Then in at least one canon comic, Han and Leia get their hands on more lightsabers courtesy of R2 and use them successfully. There are comments about how odd they feel when wielded, but that can just as easily be attributed to the lack of mass in the blade and other technobabble.
>>
>>51351728
Well, honestly, if what Ahsoka said is true, there wouldn't be Lightsabers at all until someone discovered Kyber, and figured out that it could be used for making contained plasma blades, among other things.
That and I liked the many, many colors of sabers in legends.
While different colors could work with either continuity, I like to think the Kyber is the power source and something else is the focusing crystal.
>>
>>51351851
In the episode they talk about how the blade feels lighter to her as she bonds with the crystal. I understand that to mean less unwieldy rather than actually weighing less. That would explain why a dark force user would bleed their crystal, so they could achieve greater finesse with less effort, but anyone could make the blade pop out of the handle and swing.
>>
>>51351892
They didn't mention the crystal at all. Could easily just be a wanky Jedi way of saying she was getting used to the sword.
>>
>>51351851
I thought of it as more that it enhances their connection with the force rather than their saber skills and a skilled duelist just doesn't care.
Or something like that
>>
>>51341971

I've been working on a post-Endor period that combines elements of Legends and Nucanon, but I'm trying to twist it to make it more "Cold War in space"
>>
File: R3-R4_EGTD.jpg (419KB, 894x1024px) Image search: [Google]
R3-R4_EGTD.jpg
419KB, 894x1024px
Are agromechs still a thing or are they just astromechs now?
>>
>>51351913
>They didn't mention the crystal at all.
Factually incorrect. "Energy constantly flows through the crystal. You're not fighting with a simple blade as much as you're directing a current of power. Your thoughs, you actions, they become energy. They flow through the crystal as well and become a part of the blade."
>>
Would you allow an aging clone trooper in your EotE/AoR games as a player character?
>>
>>51351892
>I understand that to mean less unwieldy rather than actually weighing less.
If that's the case, then it doesn't really fall in line with the films. Anakin didn't seem to behave any differently with the spare lightsabers he and Obi-Wan used to fight Dooku on Geonosis. You'd think that with his inexperience at the time, there would have been a visible change in his movements, but no, it's just as spinny and fancy as the rest of the PT's saber fights. Nobody seems to have any trouble messing around with the Skywalker hand-me-down saber, either.
>>
>>51351973
Yeah sure, it's just a red flag though if I don't know the guy
>>
>>51351973
I played as one in my last EotE game, so sure.
>>
>>51351946
The R4 was an agromech because IA was terrible at determining the needs of their customers. So they stopped making them.
>>
>>51351892
>>51351913
>>51351966
Also possibly a way of saying that she became more in tune with herself.
>>
>>51351982
>inexperience
About a decade pass between phantom menace and AotC, so I'm not sure that's the right word. I could spin some shit about how Anakin was still following the path of light, so the crystal didn't resist his movements, but we both know it'd just be conjecture.
>>
>>51352040
Well, she says it before her big exposition, so I'm not too sure about that.
>>
>>51351982
It could just be that in the waning days of the jedi they're just acting out tradition without knowing why.
>>
The Grand Inquisitor uses Kanan's lightsaber with no issue whatsoever.
>>
If I'm using a Nebulon with Salvation what would be better: Slaved Turrets or Turbolaser Re-routes?

Obviously an extra red die is great with Salvation but I also like the guaranteed double damage. But on the other hand Nebulon lacks a redundant Evade icon so I dunno.
>>
>>51352043
No your conjecture would be shitty headcanon because during PT Lucas never envisioned shitty HP wand lightsabers. Fucking Disney nucanon is severly pissing me off. Lightsabers work whether you are attuned to light or darkside holy shit what the fuck?
>>
>>51352112
>conjecture
>an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.
>not synonymous with headcanon
You're going to have to come to terms with the changes sooner or later, anon. Let it be sooner.
>>
>>51352112
This was basically Lucas's idea from TCW without changes.
>>
>>51352148
>You're going to have to come to terms with the changes sooner or later, anon. Let it be sooner.
I mean... or not?

Canon is just a tool for storytelling. Take what you need.
>>
>friends want me to run a Force and Destiny campaign based off of the Infinities adaption of New Hope, where the rebels fail to destroy the Death Star at Yavin IV
>realize I have no idea how I would go about doing this

I mean, how would I create conflict? The rebellion is fucked and the Empire's response to any real rebel threat would "Death Star". They would probably also realize the massive flaw the Death Star has after it is almost destroyed, and then make efforts to protect it. I don't really see how they can get an edge here, except for having half the Imperial Military defect due to Tarkin's unrestrained use of a planet destroying battlestation.
>>
>>51352014
I meant in canon
>>
>>51352374
So... [NO DATA HERE]? Canon isn't going to talk about droids that aren't quirky fun robots anon.
>>
>>51352112
Quit your bitching. You sound as bad as RLM.
>DUUURRRR DIDNEY RUINS EVERYTHING!
>>
>>51338779
Firefly and serenity mate. And cowboy bebop of course
>>
>>51352371
Yavin was just one cell out of many. The galaxy is a big place and the Death Star can't be everywhere. Instead of trying for a second kill shot right away, maybe the Rebels attack the Death Star's logistical network. A massive, one-of-a-kind battle station requires large quantities of food, fuel, water, and spare parts, as well as a whole lot of freighters to carry those supplies. We also know that Tarkin's decision-making skills are compromised by hubris. So some cells bait Tarkin, lure the Death Star somewhere strategically insignificant, and keep forcing it on wild goose chases. This gives other cells the opportunity to hit the Death Star's supply network or operate under pre-Death Star conditions.
>>
>>51352371
There's shitloads of conflict in a rebellion pushed to the edge of extinction, anon. Scattered across the stars with no planet willing to support them, just barely subsisting with only the fanatic diehards willing to keep up the fight, something as simple as food and fuel hard to come by, struggling not to degenerate into just another band of pirates; loads and loads of conflict.

Alternatively, skip ahead to when Sheevy P finally kicks the bucket of natural causes (or "natural causes") resulting in full blown civil war, the DS gets destroyed by internal sabotage, the Imperial apparatus starts ripping itself apart and suddenly whatever is left of the Rebellion finds itself in the best possible position it could ask for.
>>
>>51352477
And the other cells get ratted out by planetary populations scared of being vaporised
>>
>>51352477
Yeah, it was just cell, but it and all the others were funded and supplied by worlds and people who would now be questioning its continued allegiance to the Rebellion in light of its failure and Alderaan's destruction. Worlds like Mon Cala were in open rebellion, and I imagine Tarkin would immediately target that one in particular to destroy the Rebellion's major source of ships.

While it is true that the Death Star cannot be everywhere, nothing will help you when it actually gets to you. That though will be enough to keep many in line.
>>
>>51352624
Well, the rebellion could probably get a lot of support from small groups not worth blowing up a planet over. Like, you have a planet of a billion people and about a thousand of them are actively supporting the Rebellion, that's not worth destroying the planet over. And a thousand people each on a million or so worlds adds up to a decent amount of resources. And that's discounting possibilities like setting up bases in the shallow Unknown Regions, friendly asteroid miners who don't inhabit any planet, etc.
>>
>>51352477
How many planets can you blow up before you start signficantly diminishing the number of planets you rule anyways?
>>
File: deltagreen.gif (26KB, 619x422px) Image search: [Google]
deltagreen.gif
26KB, 619x422px
>>51352590
Plenty of cells could live on uninhabited shitholes, mobile fleets, or in cover so deep that the local planetary population isn't even aware that they exist. A cell that has compromised its opsec that hard has fucked up spectacularly already.

>>51352624
Yeah, the supply situation would be fucked. The Rebellion would have to rely more heavily on scavenging and stealing Imp and pirate gear to get by. The Mon Cal homeworld would also be fucked, though if word gets out quick enough, the Mon Cal could feasibly evacuate their homeworld while bleeding the Imperial vanguard elements, especially if the homeworld is defended as heavily as in Legends. Losses in manpower, resources, and faith would be horrendous, but I can see the Rebellion surviving in a diminished form if it doubles down on the secrecy.
>>
>>51352703
There's tens of thousands of systems.
>>
>>51352692
Also worth pointing out once the Empire IS desperate enough to start blowing those planets up the entire galaxy will rise up in anger. The truth is that the Death Star was a self-defeating plan, it would have just taken several billion lives being lost before it happened if Luke didn't get involved.
>>
>>51351720
>They said no Mandalorian had ever been a Jedi before.
The Darksaber comes from the first Mandalorian Jedi, Tor Vizsla.
>>
>>51352728

If I'm playing Delta Green in space it's gonna be Eclipse Phase.
>>
>>51352851
>Tor Vizsla
No, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tarre_Vizsla
>>
>>51352112
It's straight from Lucas himself. It started in the youngling episodes in TCW. Kyber Crystals are semi-living and can attune themselves to people. Usually to good force sensitives like the Jedi, who make weapons from them, but the crystals have meaning to other groups and individuals around the galaxy. The color of the blade is seemingly random.

Dark siders can't actually find their own, so they must corrupt and control a crystal against it's will. Which turns the blade red. (This might be because the Sith appropriated the Jedi's weapon, but that's just my speculation) Ahsoka's crystals happened to be stolen by an inquisitor, so she purified when taking them back. It turned them white.

The crystals come in large sizes as well, and the giant crystal Galen worked on had strange effects on him. It's also possible the Sith used these types of crystals to construct ancient super weapons.
>>
>>51353066
>It's straight from Lucas himself.
Man, Lucas sure tried his damndest to leave one final wound in the series before he fucked off forever.
>>
>>51353096
You really need to look up the timeline on this one...
>>
>>51353096

Well, he also left the darksaber bomb in because he didn't think vibroblades were cool enough to stop lightsabers (even though LFL clearly isn't dramatically against the mythos of cortosis as they don't stop FFG from printing it in F&D which has a weird blend of nu and EU material on sabers) and it took Lucasfilm like 3 seasons of rebels to actually come up with a decent explanation.
>>
>>51353691
>even though LFL clearly isn't dramatically against the mythos of cortosis as they don't stop FFG from printing it in F&D which has a weird blend of nu and EU material on sabers
FFG also doesn't pay any attention to the modern lore about crystals. And Mara Jade is in their games.
>>
What career/specialization for a Bothan who prides herself on having a wide array of less-than-legal contacts with wide skillsets? I want her to be someone who excels at knowing the right person for any job and doesn't have to do much but talk and pay.
>>
Is there a good savage spirits scan yet?
>>
>>51353788

Well, the novel Ahsoka came out after F&D, so it couldn't have had an impact - we know FFG only has limited access to materials before they come out.

However, F&D does reflect the start of the modern attitude on sabers, they explictly mention Kyber, and state that the different types of crystals are all somehow different deposits or varieties of Kyber (e/g, Krayt Dragon Pearls used in a saber mean the Krayt dragon ate some crystals which were then polished in it's throat).

And Mara Jade in non-lore driven games.
>>
File: destroy it in a sun!.png (143KB, 1032x872px) Image search: [Google]
destroy it in a sun!.png
143KB, 1032x872px
>>51347724
Have the worst ship ever designed.
>>
>>51340605
I tend to sit down with my players sight unseen of the books and ask what kind of freighter designs they like from the films, what they want their ship to be doing functionally, etc. Then make a shortlist together with everyone and narrow it down from ships that are around the 110,000 credits mark from CEC (so remember that if they really like stuff like, say, Mon Cal designs, those ships are going to be at a premium on cost even though they aren't that much better).

With regards to equipment, I tend to run with starting plus one item(Not weapon/armour) that helps define the PC's backstory, or their role in the party. (For that I tend to set a limit of about 500 Credit/rarity 7 or lower)
>>
File: Spaceball_drummer.jpg (24KB, 468x472px) Image search: [Google]
Spaceball_drummer.jpg
24KB, 468x472px
I have a /r/.
Could somebody with Forged in Battle upload a capture of the page with the Duties table? I would be ever so grateful.
>>
>>51341971
The political situation post-Endor I've been running with makes things a little more of a clusterfuck, which I am quite enjoying/is working quite well.
Imperial Warlords fighting eachother in the outer rim, ranging from moustache twizzlingly evil to actually pretty OK guys (the latter especially in bumfuck middle of nowhere outer rim systems, where they got 'sideways promoted' for being too damn reasonable). They are steadily starting to distill themselves into the 'Galactic Order is the most important thing and the New Republic are the biggest sellers of that right now' and 'Eating Whaladon Meat, Enslavin Wookies and Hunting for Dark Side Artifacts was really what the Empire was all about' camp that will inevitably become the First Order.
A lot of neutral systems, Mandalore included, that are incredibly suspicious of the New Republic. Basically a reformation of the CNS from the Clone Wars.
The Republic trying to gobble systems up to protect them, but it is a lumbering, inefficient body already with a populace exhausted by war, and sick and tired of intervention politics.
>>
RPG question fellas

I'm having a slicer try and weigh down the PC's in my AoR game. Basically try and hack into their lives, move credits around, generally make it hard for them to try anything.

Problem is they're non-violent, and I'm having them have an 'insurance file' that they can give to the PC's so this NPC can get away with her life.

What should be in the file? I'm thinking known rebel leaders/agents and their prison locations. Does that work?
>>
>>51354006
Data containing the location of hidden supply storages from the Clone Wars.
Movements of imperial navy patrols for the sector.
Holonet/Comm systems jack-in points
>>
>>51354006
I don't see why not.
>>
>>51353904
Jesus Christ how horrifying.

I have no idea how to even conceptualize how that thing would fly.
>>
>>51354113
I know, right? It's almost like it's a random pile of crap instead of a space ship.

But really, I also have no clue how to make that even remotely salveageble.

If anything, I could name it "Atleast it's not this ugly"
>>
>>51354113
>>51354140
also, note my awesome paint skills. Maybe it needs better shapes...
>>
Question for both Legends and Canon: Did the separatist holdouts not have access to droids or did they use some but made up for them organically? Trying to make a campaign centered on the Western Reaches offensive
>>
File: Junk Ship.png (20KB, 427x396px) Image search: [Google]
Junk Ship.png
20KB, 427x396px
>>51354183
I think those shapes can work, you might just have to move them around. I took a crack at it but I think it ended up looking more like some kind of ghetto cruiser with a weird x-wing laser thing on the front
>>
>>51353793

Bumping this?
>>
File: Needs Greebles.png (402KB, 1615x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Needs Greebles.png
402KB, 1615x1079px
>>51354140
>>51354140

I like this idea.

>>51354314

Keep the rolling pin as the central core. Put the 2 pork chop/belt things on either side as 4 engines. 2 big ones up top, 2 small ones below. Create that "X" silhouette.

I like the big fuck-off front laser. And the weird bridge - maybe it's only wide enough for one?

What a weird design.
>>
>>51354314
There we go. That looks indeed like a ghetto cruiser thing.

Hutt cruiser commin straight at ya. Gonna tractorbeam ya into dese here asteroids, then strip you for parts
>>
>>51354404
>bridge
well, if it's a cruiser, it is quite a bit bigger then a xwing or something.

Like, the side of the hounds tooth or something
>>
File: druuge.png (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
druuge.png
22KB, 640x480px
>>51354436
>size of a YV-666
>instead of rooms for cargo and crew everyone is crammed into bunks in the back of the bridge and a few tiny compartments along the outer edges of the ship
>90% of the ship is occupied by a comically oversized reactor to power its single fixed forward laser fit for a battleship
Kind of like the Druuge ship from Star Control, except the crew are just inconvenienced by the reactor instead of being fuel for it.
>>
>>51354873
You dont need cargo when you can just blow up a starship. If you manage to aim it, ofcourse.
>>
File: wtf2.jpg (283KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wtf2.jpg
283KB, 1280x720px
>>51354314
>>51353904
I missed the earlier post and used the same shapes, some kind of cargo / fuel hauler I guess.. Drawing annoyed me so I made them 3DPD.
>>
>>51354927
Nice, I like it.
>>
Any scans of the Rebels Visual Guide?
>>
how OP is the heavy repeating blaster, really?
>>
>>51341971
>the Imperial Remnant retreated to the Outer Rim
>no Battle of Coruscant
Get out
>bawww wookieepedia has the 'tism
GET OUT
>>
File: Hammer 2.0.png (137KB, 2246x1306px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer 2.0.png
137KB, 2246x1306px
Decided to try my hand at a hammer shaped thing that isn't a hammerhead
>>
>>51355227
It's fun, especially if you pair it with a decent Heavy. Bonus points if you dual-spec into something that has Deadly Accuracy. I still have fond memories of my Hutt heavy dealing something like 35+ damage in a single turn's worth of blasting away.
>>
>>51354927
Ooh, what program is that?
>>
>>51355257
So the lower section is mostly engines, while the upper bit is the actual living quarters, etc?

I like it, but I might rearrange the engines a bit. They look flimsy as-is.
>>
>>51355281
that's the idea, yes.
>>
>>51355281
And now im thinking it would look better with the hammer turned around and the drink bottle thing on the front as cargo/cockpit. or something
>>
File: Hammer 2.5.png (124KB, 2344x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer 2.5.png
124KB, 2344x1196px
>>51355380
>>51355281
kinda like this
>>
>>51352371
The reactor is designed to be unstable. The point of your game is to arrange a situation where you can feed in a saboteur squadron.
>>
Looks like my players are soon to own a fancy bar in Nar Shaddaa. Wonder how I should handle this?

I'm thinking regular credit income (once they staff it), but adding a small obligation for the bar, which when rolled, indicates shit going wrong that needs attending to.
>>
>>51355858
>upcomming hutt wants to expand
>bounty hunters select their new haunt
>the empire installs a listening post
>>
>>51355858
I think running the bar as an obligation is a great idea. Force them into the tough position of snitching in their patrons to the Empire. Compliance is rewarded, but there might be some groups you don't want to piss off.
(Bonus points if you put an actually nice and completely unobjectionable Rebel sect that holes up and discusses in the back room)
>>
>>51355858
Goddamn Hutts never pay their tabs, despite eating everything, including the monkey-lizard mascot
>>
>>51355858
>during the day, the local ISB presence plans and plots against the rebels in secret, using the bar as a meetup
>at night rebels oepratives hang out plotting to overthrow the imperials present
>you notice that at certain times of the day, the same group of people arrive, and start talking funny, but you dont think much of it
>one day, both groups arrive at the same time by chance
>shootout between undercover ISB agents and rebel operatives
>save the bar, save the dream
>>
How would a player beat the obligation of addiction when not imbibing in it makes it grow?
>>
>>51356126
Going through proper medical/psychological treatment to beat the problem.

Identifying and dealing with the root causes of the addiction. People are rarely addicted to drugs just because, there's usually something not right in their life pushing them in that direction.
>>
>>51356126
Space methadone?
>>
>>51352953
I should have been more explicit. I meant no Mando had been a Jedi before Tarre
>>
File: 1250378859587.jpg (53KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1250378859587.jpg
53KB, 600x400px
>>51353904
>>51354140
It's a Grappler Ship.
Great for a pirate who wants to hold onto the prey vessel without risking destroying the precious cargo inside.
>>
>>51356153
Like a floating scrapyard.. .I cna see that
>>
File: Uncle Obi.jpg (88KB, 450x2551px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Obi.jpg
88KB, 450x2551px
>>51354927
Bit more work with some textures, technological gubbins hanging off it, actually has potential.

>>51356126
Take Obi Wan's misspent youth under advisement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WprMPkKscwo
>>
>>51354927
Hmm. I'd say modify that front end to move and then the green tanks could be modular so that they release when the ship gets to port and then it can easily pick up two full tanks and be on its merry way without having to wait for the tanks to be drained.
Or I guess all the little claspy bits on the side could release them.
>>
>>51356246
>Swap tanks for crew troop transport modules
>Or cargo space
>or anything
I can see an EotE party having a lot of fun with this.
>>
>>51356363
Yeah, he'll marry Kudelia and make her Queen of Emperor Orga's Bar and Grill.
>>
>>51356400
What
>>
>>51356613
Wrong thread. Fuck I can't believe I did something that dumb. And now fucking 4chan won't let me delete it.
>>
File: jedi-prince5.jpg (175KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
jedi-prince5.jpg
175KB, 500x744px
>>51356363
... or water and space whales
>>
>>51337151
Planning on joining a Edge of Empire game and I wanted to know if a Rodian Marauder would be any good?

Is it better to just stick with the typical and expected Rodian Survivalist or Trandoshan Marauder?

Are there any fluff/lore examples of Rodian or Trandoshan pirates? Is there a race more prone to piracy?
>>
File: 1482336040693.jpg (3MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1482336040693.jpg
3MB, 3975x3056px
Is this comic any good?
>>
>>51357107
I've heard good things about it, but Vader is not a Dynasty Warriors character.
>>
>>51356712
Rodians aren't too terrible. Although seriously, they work better with guns right from the off, you'd spend less XP making one a Gunslinger.
Trandos are superior Marauders and general melee combatants right from the off, plus they can regenerate if you, like me, keep getting limbs hacked off on the crit table.
>>
>>51357107
I enjoyed Vader Down, but it isn't nearly as much about Vader kicking ass as you might expect.
>>
>>51357107
It's nucanon, what do you think?
>>
>>51350009
What about Bantha Biscuit Beasts
>>
>>51350009
Blackwing virus/The Sickness, too
I fucking love how Friends Like These hints at the Tarkin's existence. Decided my players are going to be the ones to destroy it, or get butchered by Vader trying
>>
Players are going to raid the mansion home of a rich crime lord next session. Dude has a particular interest in ancient artifacts, has vaults in his home that rival some museums. No particular interest, he's as interested in ancient Jedi artifacts as he is cool statues from foreign cultures.

What kinda cool shit can I put in there for the PCs? They're gonna have to work hard to get to any of the good stuff, so I don't want it all to just be glorified vendor trash, some of it should be nice.
>>
>>51357485
Various masks from the Old Republic era
>>
>>51357485
A silver bust of Lord Hoth commemorating his actions on Ruusan
>>
>>51357485
A bucket full of Darth Phobos's period blood.
>>
File: lu bu dw8.jpg (4MB, 2456x3337px) Image search: [Google]
lu bu dw8.jpg
4MB, 2456x3337px
>>51357130
>Vader is not a Dynasty Warriors character
Star Wars Dynasty Warriors would be fun as hell. I'm guessing Big V would be the Lu Bu equivalent.
>>
File: 27.39.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
27.39.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>51357485
How about a display of reproduction lightsaber replicas? Except one of them is real and Crime Lord never realized it's a part or two away from functioning.
>>
File: gottorf_swords_small.jpg (276KB, 490x661px) Image search: [Google]
gottorf_swords_small.jpg
276KB, 490x661px
>>51357808
Between his interests and wealth, why have a bunch of replicas? Have those that can be fixed sit amongst a number of real, but not realistically restorable ones.
>>
>>51357485
So Grakkus the Hutt from the new comics?
>>
>>51357485
How about some sith war era combat armors and weapons?
>>
File: honda tadakatsu armor.jpg (79KB, 440x600px) Image search: [Google]
honda tadakatsu armor.jpg
79KB, 440x600px
>>51357857
Might as well go full Kurosawa and load the guy up with ancient armor and blades from the Force Wars Sengoku Je'daii period. For giggles, be sure to include the glove of an ancient Darth.
>>
>>51357857
I dig it. I was projecting the games my group has run where Jedi artifacts, particularly personal effects are extremely rare after the purging.
>>
Well, shit.
Am I the only one wishing the movies would just stop at this point?
>>
>>51358228
>the Last Jedi
>until the new canon EU retroactively adds in a dozen other Jedi masters that have just been doing other things this whole time
>>
>>51358228
You are not alone.
>>
>>51358228
That's a nice image of space you posted, anon
I just have one question: Why does it say DECEMBER at the bottom?
>>
>>51358289
Nah, they'l just add non-jedi force users like cactus-beard in rebels.
>>
>>51358228
Provided they keep making them good, I'm cool with it.
>>
>>51358310
Because it comes out this december?
>>
>>51358319
Cactus-Beard?
>>
>>51358310
Because that's when it's supposed to come out.
>>
File: luke skywalker.jpg (70KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
luke skywalker.jpg
70KB, 1600x1200px
>>51358228
I don't know if this is legit, but those motherfuckers had better not do what I think they're going to do.
>>
>>51358321
But they haven't been good
TFA was passable at best and R1 was a dumpster fire.
>>
>>51358330
The Bendu.
>>
>>51358341
it's from the Disney and Star Wars FB pages. It's legit.
>>
>>51358328
>>51358334
What comes out? A poster of the space image?
>>
>>51358341
http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed
>>
>>51358347
I'm kind of hoping he turns out to be an illusion produced by some other Force User.
>>
>>51358373
Given it's appearance in the last episode, I doubt it.
>>
File: stardust crusaders let's go.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stardust crusaders let's go.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>51358356
Goddammit. I hope they pull a fast one on us, then, and not kill Luke. Because, goddammit, the man deserves something better than his whole life going to shit. Rey dies and the rest of the sequel era is Poe, Finn, and Grandpa Luke going on a galactic trip.
>>
>>51358395
Nah, he'll just be chillin with force ghost dad, force ghost Ahsoka, and force ghost Kit Fisto.
>>
>>51358395
>Star Wars: Steel Kessel Run
>>
>>51358395
Nah. Luke may or may not die, but he's done with all that Jedi shit since it's brought only suffering to those around him. He refuses to train his daughter Rey for that reason.
Kylo Ren comes around, sees the error in his ways and becomes Ben Solo, the last Jedi.
>>
>>51358468
>his daughter Rey
I seriously hope they do not do this.
>>
>>51358493
Disney is calling Starwars episodes 1-9 "the Skywalker Saga".
If you think Luke and Leia in TFA were on screen enough to call that movie a Skywalker Saga film, you're wrong.
>>
>>51358493
It'd be nice if Rey's parentage was completely irrelevant. No Skywalker/Kenobi/Amadala/Palpatine relations at all, just some random girl born with an acute sensitivity to the force.

I reckon we're going to get some big revelation about her parents and I just really wish they would leave it well enough alone.
>>
>>51358531
Ep 8 is supposed to have a lot of luke screen time.
>>
>>51358531
Kylo tho.
>>
File: OH NO.png (359KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
OH NO.png
359KB, 700x394px
>>51358432
>Implying the ST isn't Stardust Neo-Crusaders
>Luke, the Knights of Ren are here!
>OH NOOOOO
>>
>>51358554
You mean Ben SOLO. ok.
>>
>>51358228
>The Last Jedi
What, did Luke go and get frozen for 100 years?
>>
>>51358549
That doesn't put more skywalkers in TFA
>>
>>51358592
I recall no source actually calling him that.
>>
>>51358606
>LaughingTimothyZahn.holo
>>
>>51358592
He of all people would rather take the Skywalker surname. Frankly, it's really weird that a Princess and major politician would take a smuggler's last name.
>>
>>51358609
>Leia Organa Solo
>Han Solo
>Ben _____
>>
>>51358619
Leia Organa Solo, you mean?
She was NEVER actually called Leia Skywalker.
>>
>>51358620
I recall no source ever calling her Leia Organa Solo either.
>>
>>51358639
She was never called Leia Skywalker. That I fucking know
>>
>>51358651
I'm saying his name might be Ben Organa.
>>
>>51358632
>>51358651
At this point we should be questioning why Yoda and Obi-wan thought it was a good idea to hide Luke without changing his surname.
>>
>>51358639
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kylo_Ren#Biography
Follow the first citation, homeboy.
>>
>>51358672
ok. He's still not a Skywalker in name, which is what matters
>>
>>51358683
Because there had already been a Shmi Skywalker at that residence and Vader being Anakin wasn't particularly common knowledge.
>>
>>51358684
>The Force Awakens is a young readers adaptation of the film of the same name. The book was released by Golden Books on April 12, 2016. The book is part of a series adapting the main Star Wars films into Little Golden Books.

I think I'm going to need a better source than that.
>>
>>51358683
Meh, Vader thought he was dead and therefor never really followed up on it. Maybe it's a case of things working out for all involved.
Maybe the light side of the force clouded Vader's vision?
>>
>>51358713
It's canon, nigger.
>>
>>51358713
>Y-your canon source isn't good enough because my space fantasy series is for big boys like me!!1!
>>
File: skywalker wine.jpg (106KB, 400x493px) Image search: [Google]
skywalker wine.jpg
106KB, 400x493px
>>51358683
According to Lucas, Skywalker is a common Tatooine surname. He also joked that there was a Skywalker wine brand in-universe that was totally unrelated to Luke. Searching for a Skywalker on Tatooine is like searching for a Smith in America.
>>
>>51358539
Just so long as her mother's Phasma and I can say I've been right since the first time I saw TFA I'll be happy.
>>
>>51358767
If her mother is Phasma then her father is a preserved sample of Palpatine's semen, and that might be a little too far for Disney.
>>
>>51358767
That would actually be pretty interesting. And it gives a decent reason why she was hidden away, to stop her mother handing her over to the Knights of Ren.
>>
>>51358767
I have grave doubts that a side character that got put in the movie super late and did nothing is going to be a central element.
>>
>>51358767
I guess it makes sense the two fugliest women in the setting are related.
>>
File: it has been 0 days.png (100KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
it has been 0 days.png
100KB, 257x368px
>>51358783
>a little too far
Maybe make her dad one of Palpatine's kids.
>>
>>51358344
I feel the opposite way; TFA was, in hindsight, pretty bad. Whereas R1 was moderately enjoyable, although felt badly edited at times.
>>
>>51350094
So nothing on this?
>>
>>51358846
>R1 was moderately enjoyable, although felt badly edited
I really hope they do a BD extended release, it could really save the film if they gave the characters more time to interact with each other.
>>
>>51358846
TFA is fine by me as long as it's used as a jumping off point where episodes 8 and 9 break the mold from the OT
R1 was poorly written, fixed ever so slightly by the reshoots, which then fucked the editing. It was a bad action movie with a thin facade of an actual plot.
>>
>>51358852
>>51350094
Thrawn's Revenge and Republic at War are the 2 best mods, In my opinion. Ive also heard good things about Awakening of the Rebellion, but I haven't tried it.
>>
>>51358809
Be that as it may, we know she's coming back and hay nothing's imposable.
>>
>>51358889
>it could really save the film if they gave the characters more time to interact with each other.
Given all the character development that was in R1 was added in reshoots, I really doubt that those scenes exist at all.
If you read about the production process on set, it's obvious that the guys working on Rogue One didn't know what kind of movie they were trying to make.
>>
File: Wedge-RebelDream.jpg (45KB, 504x480px) Image search: [Google]
Wedge-RebelDream.jpg
45KB, 504x480px
>>51358918
>didn't know what kind of movie they were trying to make.
>title is Rogue One
For Kettch's sake, the movie they were supposed to make was right in the name.
>>
>>51358937
That doesn't look like Wedge at all #notmywedge
>>
>>51358958
It wouldn't be the first time Wedge wasn't actually Wedge. Remember not-Lawson in the ANH briefing scene?
>>
>>51358977
I remember that guy, I headcanoned that he was one of the Y-Wing pilots.
>>
>>51358900
Thanks anon.
>>
Any of you got links to a decent version of Rogue One I could pirate? I don't like cinemas.
>>
>>51359061
I think it's on 123movies.
If you value your time though, I'd recommend skipping R1 desu
>>
>>51359074
>desu
I'd recommend killing yourself
>>
>>51359061
Just watch the Blur clips for the MMO, it'll be a better use of your time
>>
File: Ion Torpedos.webm (1MB, 708x376px) Image search: [Google]
Ion Torpedos.webm
1MB, 708x376px
>>51359061
>decent version
I don't think there are any yet. They're all too small to enjoy the action scenes.
>>
>>51359169
>Not realizing this board censors To Be Honest into desu
Get go and stay go
>>
>>51358228
Are you even a star wars fan?
>>
>>51359193
All the space fight scenes were so fucking great and just made me hate the movie even more for what we got instead
>>
>>51359196
You should still kill yourself for using it.
>>
>>51359214
I've been a Star Wars fan for 20 years. I have a collection of all the old Kenner toys an shit.
I LOVE Star Wars. That's why I don't want any more shitty Star Wars movies.
>>
>>51359191
>for the MMO
Playing Rogue Leader and reading the X-Wing novels would be an even better use of his time, as well as a more appropriate usage of the Rogue callsign.
>>
File: image.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
81KB, 182x249px
>>51359230
baka desu senpai
>>
>>51357146
>Rodians aren't too terrible.
Any pros and cons if I go Rodian Marauder?
>>
>>51359243
I feel like you don't because you're just bitching about everything. All we have is a title and you're somehow upset by it. Take off your nostalgia goggles and kill yourself.
>>
/tg/ used to be the good place to talk about Star Wars. Ever since R1 came out we've been invaded by shitosters. Go to /co/ or /tv/ if you want to bitch about everything.
>>
>>51359272
You'll be able to blaster effectively as a backup, but you'll be spending more XP at character creation to up Brawn.
>>
>>51359281
You're the type of fan-boy who just love everything with the fucking Star Wars label on it no matter how shitty, aren't you? A TFA and R1 apologist.
At this point the fucking cartoons are better than the movies Disney is shitting out.
>>
>>51359304
What part of star wars do you want to talk about, anon? Complaining about meta-discussion isn't any better.
>>
>>51359332
And you're the type who hates everything because of Disney. You faggots are the worst.
>>
>>51359304
I think it's less that we've been invaded and more that /tg/ was the most optimistic about everything and R1 just became too much for a lot of the optimists.
>>
>>51359353
There's a new X-Wing article out, but /tg/ would rather bitch and moan about big bad Didney to care.
>>
>>51359360
I don't get this excuse. Rogue One was far from bad. Amazing? No. But the amount of bitching about is is obscene. Seriously.
>>
>>51359375
That article doesn't tell anyone anything they don't already know. BoShek is new. got it.
>>
>>51359304
What do you mean? As far as I can tell Rogue one has affected /swg/ one way or another. Some people liked it, some people didn't. However they don't fight about it that much. There isn't anywhere near as much arguing compared to when TFA came out.
>>
>>51359359
I love the shit out of Rebels and a lot of the nucanon comics
Try again, asshole.
>>
I hope Disney sends a hit-team to kill me.
>>
>>51359393
>I don't get this excuse. Rogue One was far from bad. Amazing? No. But the amount of bitching about is is obscene. Seriously.
I'm watching Rogue One right now and it's not anywhere near as bad as the shitters here say it is. The aesthetic is on point though the blasters don't have the oomph they seemed to have in the OT and the lack of Force users is refreshing. I know that Vaders in it you pedantic twatmongler.
>>
>>51359486

new
>>
>>51359477
The biggest complaint and the factor that ruined the movie for me more than anything else is that there's no character development. Everyone dies at the end, the same person they were when the story began. That's just poor storytelling.
Even The Man With No Name leave town a changed man. We don't get any of that in Rouge Uno
>>
>>51356712
>>51359272
Pros: You'll have a decent agility to work of for when you need to shoot things rather then chop them. also expert tracker is good because it reduces check times by half if your GM is big into time management

Cons: you won't have any particular edge on melee combat, and you'll have a low presence.
>>
>>51359061
There is a decent HD rip on Reddit that is cleaned up. But you would probably be better off waiting for the release
>>
>>51359667
Got a link?
>>
>>51359732
Google it. It will literally be the first two links, the rest is up to you.

>>51359514
>no character development
This is the dumbest complaint I've heard and it seems like no one actually watched the movie at all. I think to be fair people are comparing the characters to other Star Wars films but we had an entire trilogy of movies to get to know them. In ANH, Luke, Han and Leia are extremely simplistic as well.
>>
>>51359889
>In ANH, Luke, Han and Leia are extremely simplistic as well.
Luke goes from a dirt farmer with aspirations of being a fighter pilot to being said fighter pilot
Han goes from a smuggler who cares only about himself and paying off Jabba to coming to Luke's rescue.
Leia has little character development, but for much of ANH she is little more than a mcguffin
>>
>>51359947
The same could be said about the R1 characters.
Baze goes from being faithless and bitter to rediscovering his faith. Bodhi goes from being a cowardly defector to confident leader. Cassian gets his head together after meeting Jyn. In the beginning of the film, he executes a contact for having a broken arm but stops Jyn from killing Krennic because he doesnt want her to be like him. Had the characters lived, I'm pretty sure people would be excited to see how they would develop further in the sequels like the other trilogies.
>>
>>51360128
I think you're conjecturing most of those points. The only one that I can agree was executed in a way comparable to how you've described it is Cassian's change. But even then, the film does a poor job demonstrating it.
>>
>>51360222
Both the new films have suffered from bad direction really, JJ is a hack and whoever made Rogue One didn't really know what he was making by the end.
>>
>>51360270
The one thing I can say about R1 is that the reshoots actually helped it. When the reports came out detailing what scenes were the results of reshoots, I was actually surprised at how much worse the film would have been without them. This is probably the only film where reshoots weren't a terribad idea.
>>
>>51360222
I'll agree with you that the film is a mess. I don't know why directors get so much anxiety of star wars films.
>>
>>51358228
So Episode IX is going to be The Jedi Prince then?
>>
File: Mofference.jpg (478KB, 1120x736px) Image search: [Google]
Mofference.jpg
478KB, 1120x736px
>>51361140
>Imps face when the movie opens with pic related.
>>
>>51349927
>I'm curious about your definition of ethics.
Not that anon, but there's an entire field of study related to the ethics of utilizing WMDs.

If you're genuinely curious.
>>
>>51357803
Yeah that's the gimme. He's a big guy.
>>
File: 1483922698936.gif (2MB, 270x138px) Image search: [Google]
1483922698936.gif
2MB, 270x138px
>>51361190
>/swg/'s collective faces when Snoke turns out to be Trioculus
>>
File: 1484101992507.jpg (264KB, 1775x750px) Image search: [Google]
1484101992507.jpg
264KB, 1775x750px
>>51361954
Didn't we already agree that Snoke and Trioculus has very similar facial structure (if the "tear" in Snoke's head used to be a eyesocket before whatever turned him into a space gremlin)
Thread posts: 411
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.