[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God's with Fixed Opening Hours?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: closed sign.jpg (76KB, 507x337px) Image search: [Google]
closed sign.jpg
76KB, 507x337px
What if divine intervention, including divine caster spells, only happened during specific times of the day/night?

Either with all the gods "clocking out" at the same time and "clocking in" again at the same time, or gods have overlapping but disting individual set "office hours" outside of which that particular god's divine stuff linked to them stopped working, and how would those two setups end up looking different from each other? How would society and religion look?
>>
File: M_myrmidon.png (483KB, 956x835px) Image search: [Google]
M_myrmidon.png
483KB, 956x835px
Check out the Horae of Greek mythology.
>>
>>51333183

It's a pretty easy leap of logic to have the God of the Sun and the Goddess of the Moon only able to act during their respective hours. You get the same kind of thing in mythology with the sea and the land too, though that's with area not time. Or if you wanted you could have the Sea god only active at high tide.
>>
>>51333342

I was thinking more strict than that - god of lightning only working 5-9, goddess of wisdom only doing 11pm-4am, that sort of thing.
>>
>>51333183
god's what with with fixed opening hours?
>>
>>51333183
You mean kind of like that one movie of 4e Dungeons and Dragons fame where they worshiped Pelor the sun god AT FUCKING MIDNIGHT?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.