[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 34

File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Acquisition Edition

What's the next card (s) you intend to acquire and why?

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
http://basiclandart.tumblr.com

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy variants
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Affinity
>Oops, All Spells

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure
>>
>>51329930
i havent played in like a year how has the meta changed, any new cards?

i play storm, dredge, grixis delver, and burn
>>
I think I need to pick up a few copies of leovold just because I have everything else for Reid dukes list
>>
>>51329976
Right now the meta has more BUG colored decks than normal due to Leovold, and Storm's meta share has gone down a bit due to Chalice decks.
>>
A third Griselbrand. Reanishenanigansmans, here I come.

>>51329976

Depending on when you last played, MUD turned into a new deck; uses the same prison package with a bunch of undercosted Eldrazi disgustitude.

Death and Taxes got a big boost, too; there's a white Recruiter now, and there are two Thalias and a white Chalice on a dude called Sanctum Prelate.

Otherwise, don't remember anything else that's been groundbreaking. There's a red-black Reanimator list that gets a lot of T1–2s; it runs Sire of Insanity and Chancellor of the Annex along with the usual gang.

Oh, and there's also a 3-color guy called Leovold you might want to look up. If resolved, he's pretty nasty to fight on Storm.

I'm toughing it out, though. It's hard to obsolete a deck full of 1-cmc good cards.
>>
File: 1484188989334.jpg (216KB, 1200x962px) Image search: [Google]
1484188989334.jpg
216KB, 1200x962px
After being forced to sell off a bunch of cards about 9 months ago, I've finally picked up the last things I needed to actually put a deck together this week, with the intention of playing a local event today.

I check the store website @3pm to make sure its on the schedule, it is. Right at 5 a huge thunderstorm rolls in, streets start flash flooding, its a mess. An hour later, I get to the shop, every table is being used by X-Wing, D&D, and Wh40k games. I ask at the front desk, and get told the decided to cancel Legacy because they didnt have enough room, and they didnt plan on posting anything on thier website to let people know.

Why is literally every game.shop run by retards? I have played various games all over the country, in VA, CA, TX, FL, and so on, and every single one I've been a regular at I have been blown away by their poor business practices.

Seriously, one of the shops I played Legacy at several times had a no EDH or casual MTG policy, since they didn't like the idea of people using their tables to play without having payed some sort of fee. But at the same time the shop allowed homeless guys to crash in the shop, taking naps against the walls while recharging electronics, watch movies on dvd players at the tables, and so on. Eventually someone got their bag with their legacy decks in it stolen, and the entire group of 20 or so people ended up convincing a rival store to start hosting Legacy events, and we all boycotted the old store.

Ive got story after story, literally the only shop Ive frequented that have lasted longer than 5 years is CFB's place in San Jose, but they always have all sorts of drama going on, and I saw employees mass quit twice while playing there.

All I want is a local shop that isnt shit.
>>
>>51331237
Where you from senpai? We got some good places up here in New England.
>>
>>51331308
In Texas right now, I got out of Conneticut around 2005, and since then VA is the furthest north Ive been. Fuck the weather up there. I havent had to dig my truck out from under 10 feet of snow in over a decade now, and its staying that way.
>>
>>51331385
I feel ya. A teammate and I drove 2 hours through a blizzard just to play some legacy. Guess you don't have to do that down there. MTGSalvation has a thread on their legacy board about stores that support legacy. Might help you find something.
>>
>>51329930
>Acquisition edition
All the Cards for PSI
>>
>>51329930
>next cards to buy
Berserks, for The Cure. But the card I WANT to buy next is LED.
>>
>>51329930
I just ordered everything I needed for Turbo Depths. It may not be tier 1, but it tickles my pickle playing it online, so I figured I'd spring for it in paper.
>>
>>51331385

Texas blows for Legacy.

I used to live in Dallas, and I couldn't find anything consistently that wasn't Standard. Apparently there was a Modern crew at the store I frequented (which since then got cleared out for failing to pay rent; no idea what happened re: the owners), but I'd not had a Modern deck together after the banning of Rite of Flame, Seething Song, and (seriously?) Preordain, and Tarmos were even more hideously overpriced and hideously important then than they are now.

It's not that there's nobody in Texas who plays eternal Magic (Bryant Cook being one of the most [self?-]promoted), but there wasn't any way to get into the scene where I was.

So that's why I was a dirty casual for so long. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a Legacy scene in DFW, but none of the stores would do trade-ins for any kind of value, and I couldn't find a playgroup, even after hitting up four stores in the area.

Texas sucks. Even Vermont, with its surfeit of trees and shitty "roads" and its dearth of humans, is a better place to be.
>>
>>51331237
Indiana, bro. Maybe it's something about gencon but we have our shit together for MTG. Several places do legacy in Indianapolis proper, since it's a BIG city area-wise. (The 465 loop encompasses almost 300 square miles!)
The weather isn't great, but it works well for the most part.

>>51329930
Next cards I'm aiming to pick up is a set of infernal tutor. Biggest reason they're still proxies is because only one shop here has them and I don't think they're worth 90 for a playset.
>>
>>51331237
Madness, right? It blows my mind that that store doesn't post on social media more. Or even at all. Our Legacy scene there has been shrinking for the last few months unfortunately.
>>
>>51334546
Theres a new shop in Dallas that just opened up, Boardwalk Games. Their Legacy nights are Thursdays I think, but they kick off before my shift ends.
>>
I've been playing The Cure lately because it's cheap and fun and some decks just totally can't deal with a 14/14 trampler.
Often you get ruined by Sneak and Show or Oops but that's cool, other times you smash people with huge Kavu Predators or win via an oblique pseudo-combo.

I find it has good game against Miracles because of mainboard Reverent Silence to deal with Countertop, but it's not an easy matchup for sure.
Lately I've been winning a lot against DnT, which confuses me because I really feel like DnT is heavily favored against the Cure. They've got removal, mana denial for my slightly wonky mana base (runnin Junk colors because S2P is too good in the strategy and hilarious), instant speed creatures that seriously impact my strategies but I've been playing with my a couple of friends who have DnT and been winning 8 games to 2. I don't know why, maybe it's just the way she goes.

>playing against Turbo Depths
>they generate a t2 Marit Lage
>tap drs for W
>swords to plowshares Marit Lage token
>in response
>BB for False Cure
>ggwp
>>
God I love playing 4c Loam on cockatrice. Is this deck worth getting. Ps leovold is a cunt
>>
>>51333933
I took a gamble and bought "damaged" infernal tutors online for like 10 bucks each. They came in and were fine. Perfectly playable. Not pretty due to the clumsy partial whitebordering job, but well worth the 40 bones.
>>
File: 111.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>51334861
>Reverent Silence

Ooo, that's some spicy tech. I wish a similar card existed for artifacts, it'd be a good way to get around Chalice.
>>
>>51339281

Just play Shattering Spree. Replicated copies are not "cast" and go through a Chalice on 1.
>>
>>51330256
>white Chalice on a dude called Sanctum Prelate.
it only superficially looks like chalice. in reality the card doesn't counter spells, it disallows casting altogether. it also has no effect on creature spells, which is relevant, and it's ability is an 'as this card enters the battlefield' ability, not an ETB trigger, and cannot be set to 0 by flickering.
>>
>>51340023
>Replicated copies are not "cast" and go through a Chalice on 1.

What the /fuck/

I actually never knew that. Thanks Anon.
>>
>>51331237
>All I want is a local shop that isnt shit.

Good luck man. The problem with 99% of game stores is they're started by nerds with zero business acumen.

The few successful game stores I know of were started by people who weren't really "gamers" per se
>>
>>51340251

No problem! Replicate lets you just copy the spell as you cast it and choose new targets for the copies. And the rulings are that a copy of a spell or ability is never considered cast or activated!
>>
>>51333236
>Texas blows for Legacy.

Austin has a decent Legacy scene, but it's all centered at Pat's Games. I'm attempting to get something set up that's closer to where I live in San Antonio.
>>
>>51340299
This is why I am an accounting major and taking several business classes, to keep that avenue open should the opportunity present itself.

You have a good point that just need passion does not a good LGS make. But nerd passion AND business werewithal? Certainly could work.

That said, Indy is pretty close to saturation as far as gaming is concerned. I know better than to try anything here. Would have to move elsewhere to have any realistic shot.
>>
>>51340299
>The few successful game stores I know of were started by people who weren't really "gamers" per se
the one i frequent was started by a "gamer". he's got three shops open now because he's not a greasy neckbeard.
>>
>>51339281
Pulverize, Meltdown x being at least 1.
>>
>>51331237
Im in southern OH and Ive never really had problems like that with my stores, outside of people just not showing up to play. Letting hobos........hobo around in your store is just asking for problems. The only issue's ive had are with the other players. Like cocky know it all elitist asshole types. I dont really see this that much in legacy. But I used to see it in standerd and hear it across the tables when they run modern. Ygo was SUPER bad about it to. I fucking hate those kinds of people. A few of the staff at my LGS are like that. Its really bad at the store in the rich part of town as well. It seems like everyone is like that there. Like one time even the judge was being kind of an asshole. It was later in the night after a few people dropped. Modern player calls for a judge and asks 'JUDGE! what actually happens when he ultimates Karn on me?' The Judge responds with 'I laugh at you?'. And the judge just looks at him for a minute. Eventually he went over to help him but like......ya mr judge, the thing you said was funny, but the guy was legitimately asking a question and you were a snarky asshole while on the.....judge..clock..thing.... Just do your job bro.
>>
Just went t my weekly legacy. Only 5 people so we did 3 rounds, winner take all. I went 2-1 so I didn'the take all. My only loss was to shardless, which feels bad but it was my fault. Kept sketchy hands in games 2 and 3.
>>
>>51340377
yeah but then you're in Austin. i mean come on now.
>>
>>51340023
Or ingot chewer. Chewer is 5 so beats a chalice on one, also beats tax effects like thorn of amethyst.
>>
>>51344626
Like trinisphere sorry and Thalia since its a creature spell
>>
>>51344709
Evoking the Ingot Chewer will still cost 2R. Nothing gets past Trinisphere (except Delve, but you do pay the cost there).
>>
>>51344321
Do you have any rule-of-thumb mulligan hands for DDFT (not match-up specific, just auto-mulligan compositions)?

Also, finally got a playset of Mires to go with the Deltas, feels good man. My sleeves are getting thoroughly broken in with all the shuffling.
>>
>>51345662
Eh not really. It's not much different from other storm decks. Hands with Ideas Unbound of Lab Maniac you should consider mulling because they are basically mulls anyway with the dead card, so if they're borderline, throw them back. I have a tendency to keep loose hands and I really need to break myself of it.
>>
>>51334797

Yes, Boardwalk is a good shop to play at and the owner seems to know what he's doing. I think a lot of the potential players are in your situation though, since we rarely get more than 8.
>>
>>51344462
>yeah but then you're in Austin. i mean come on now.

True, there just isn't a way to win sometimes.

>>51340692
>the one i frequent was started by a "gamer". he's got three shops open now because he's not a greasy neckbeard.

Nice. It sounds like he had some sort of good ideas and was part of the 1% that had some sort of good business sense.

>>51340497
>You have a good point that just need passion does not a good LGS make. But nerd passion AND business werewithal? Certainly could work.

Yeah of course this is the ideal scenario.

Personally I would never ever open up a game store. At the very least, I would never open up one that depends on Magic the Gathering. You're basically their little fuckboy toy and you have to kowtow to all their demands or you lose what little profit you were getting in the first place.
>>
>>51340050

Excepting the fact that it doesn't stop creatures, all those things are actually improvements on Chalice. Among other things, Abrupt Decay isn't castable against it if it's set to two.

>>51340251

The same is true for other "copy" effects like Fork and storm triggers. Not like that often matters, given that one doesn't get played in Legacy and the other is mostly on spells that won't get Chaliced anyway, but still.

Went 1-2 today on Dredge. Variance was definitely a problem (two mulligans to an abysmal 4), but I think I could've played a bit more carefully. Saw a Cunning Wish in someone's hand, and I really should've burned a Therapy to stop the next-turn Ravenous Trap for about 45-50 cards. This is why I hate being out in the sticks; little opportunity to practice when I keep getting iced in.
>>
>>51347362
You can Chain Lightning yourself against Miracles and if they think you're just being a dick and let it resolve through the Counterbalance by not topping to a cmc 1 card then you can pay RR to copy it back at them avoiding the Counterbalance completely
>>
I need Ensnaring Bridges for the Burn Sideboard, have them replaced with Grafdiggers cage rn to help against Reanimator and dredge and they have picked me up a game here and there but Ensnaring Bridge is generally better. Also maybe get a few duals. Just kind of conflicted on what deck I would play if i ever get another deck other then Burn. I actually own two Legacy Burn decks lol.
>>
>>51340377

Gamerz Pair-a-Dice on NW Military has Legacy night on Wednesday. I've been going pretty regularly. The last couple weeks have barely fired though, so definitely show up.
>>
Why do people get so fucking tilted against Burn?
>>
File: 118.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Fireblast.jpg
>>
>>51349542
Muh easy deck
>>
I want to build aluren since I love that style of play. Should I go classic four color or just bug with leovold in a miracles and reanimator infested meta?
>>
>160$ in
>Still not finished with my deck.

The dream is dead folks.
>>
>>51349966

Which deck are you trying to make?
>>
>>51350303
Omnitell
[Spoiler]Because I don't want to buy RL cards[/Spoiler]
>>
>>51349804
Yeah its mostly easy. Who gives a fuck? Like why is that such an issue to some autists? Eldrazi is easy too
>>
Been testing walking ballista in eldrazi.
So far mixed results, however it's super spicy when chalice is cut g2
>>
>>51348603
Good looking out, I'll see if my schedule aligns with their Legacy nights. Thanks!
>>
My friend who usually knows a lot about magic rulings said that you can respond to Brainstorm's second ability (put 2 cards on top of your library).

Is this possible or do you have to let the full spell resolve before responding? Because this could change a lot about how I play considering there are a lot of spells that do more than one thing before finishing.
>>
>>51351151
Your friend is wrong. Placing two cards back on top of your library is part of the spells resolution, not a second ability. All the text on a card is executed during the resolution of a spell before priority is passed again.
>>
>>51342376
>Southern Ohio
Let me guess, Chillicothee?
>>
>>51351323
I thought so.

I fucking knew that sounded ridiculous.
>>
>>51351524
A bit more west actually. Think more general dayton area. Card shops seem to be a dime a dozen in ohio.
>>
>>51351572
Huh. I remember living out in Hillsboro and Deck&Dice in Chill Town was the closest place to play, through 40 miles of winding hills and blind hairpin turns because fuck you.

And they almost exclusively did limited with rare redraft. Fuck them in the ass.

I've heard that Mason has a decent crowd, decent enough that they can stream FNM on twitch. (Stupid IN laws means every player has to sign a waiver because they "might" be on camera and if ANYONE refuses then they can't stream period.)
>>
>>51350381
people get buttblasted against eldrazi too. it's not so much the fact the deck is easy to play, I guess it's feeling like nothing you did mattered. some people don't realize that's what you're signing up for when you play this format.
>>
>>51351151

He's wrong. He can respond to your casting the spell (before the spell's effects happen, but after you've paid the costs for the spell), but if the spell resolves, all of its effects happen before the active player gets priority.

Certain things seem like they break this rule, but they don't. Storm, for instance, is a triggered ability, which means that when you cast a spell with Storm, before the spell resolves, the Storm trigger goes on the stack, meaning that the copies of the spell don't exist yet. So if you're playing MTGO, if an opponent casts Tendrils of Agony, you have to wait to cast Flusterstorm until the Storm trigger resolves (putting all the copies of Tendrils on the stack). If you respond to the Tendrils before the Storm trigger resolves, you'll have a bunch of Flusterstorms aimed at the first copy of Tendrils. Then the Tendrils Storm trigger resolves, putting a bunch of copies on the stack. The copies of Tendrils resolve, then your Flusterstorms all counter the initial Tendrils, and you lose a bunch of life. Maybe not enough to kill you, but that depends on life total and Storm count.
>>
>>51351667
True. I mean thats why people like playing Force decks because it gives them at least some ability to fight the unfair strategies but there are some games you literally couldnt do anything to win and you just have to accept it. Turn 1 reanimate Sire of Insanity, Turn 2 Tendrils for 9 Storm and such. Theres even games in Modern like that, turn 2 triple Goblin Guide when theyre on the play is game against some decks even if you dont lose right then and there and ive even had a fucking Griselbrand hit the board turn 2 with Goryos vengeance and they exiled two red cards to get an extra combat step off some card and killed me then, so you just have to accept the fact that there are some games you just lose. Most games in Legacy and in Modern though are fair I think and a better player will have a higher win percentage then a not so good one, the more you practice the more you study the better your chances are of winning and thats what I love about the game.
>>
>>51351667
If you really want to play a format where nothing broken happens and you always get fair matches then just play Pauper. I would say Standard and usually Standard is very fair but they just had to ban 3 cards from it so im not sure if thats the case right now. Maybe now that the bannings took effect it is.
>>
>>51352449
>I mean that's why people like playing Force decks because it gives them at least some ability to fight the unfair strategies.
This is why I enjoy Tezzerator strategies so much, I get to have so many maindeck answers to unfair decks with Force, Chalice and Ensnaring Bridge. I had a game recently where I got blindsided by TES in turn 1, but I knew my opener was weak to turn 1 combo and accepted that, game 2 I brought in Flusterstorm and Trinisphere and kept an opener with Trini. Flusterstormed a ritual partway into combo to put them off a while and Transmuted a Trini into play. Game 3 the guy powered out a Charbelcher on turn 1 and passed, I played a Chalice on 0 and a few turns later Daretti, Iconoclast. Blew up Belcher and his Moxes and ground out a win.
I play online, so since card acquisition isn't an issue my list is in a constant state of flux, what do you guys think of this iteration?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-01-17-grixis-tezz/
I never really realized how powerful Dack was until I started playing with him, pitching lands with a Crucible in the deck is value and of course pitching Sword of the Meek is great. He also steals Batterskulls like a champ, while it isn't unequipped it's easy to find a sac outlet for it or if I'm desperate even bounce it. I ended up dropping the Silas Renn singleton as he rarely connected and when he did it felt like I was already winning, though I might consider -1 Strix +1 Silas. I've also been testing Yahenni's Expertise instead of Deluge, since it casts so much of my stuff for free. It's been worse vs DnT with the mana denial and tax effects and worse vs Eldrazi because a lot of the stuff is too big, but it's been good vs BUG decks like Leovold and Aluren. I've been thinking about testing Padeem, Consul of Innovation as a replacement for Guardian Beast, both are insurance against Abrupt Decay but Beast gives Indestructible and Padeem draws a card.
/blog
>>
File: recycle.jpg (58KB, 277x401px) Image search: [Google]
recycle.jpg
58KB, 277x401px
post your favorite foglio art
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>51352846
>>
File: 97588.jpg (28KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
97588.jpg
28KB, 323x450px
>>51352846
Look at this smug motherfucker
>>
>>51353476
Goddamn Foglio
>>
>>51352738
One of my teammates wants to get into legacy, and has a bad affinity deck that I've been trying to convince him to upgrade into tezzerator. Is there a build that can get away without duals?
>>
>>51356601
Why not go all in aggro with the artifact lands?
>>
>>51356601
Yes, especially in Tezz with artifact mana. Just run shocks, maybe 1 or 3 of the new shitty "need 2 basics" duals, and 1 or 2 extra basics. It'll be fine, it might lose out a few percentage points against stuff like burn, but OG duals to shocks isnt all that big of a downgrade
>>
>>51356601
Like >>51356892 said, the duals are strictly better but the loss of 2 life ins. Deck running ancient tombs anyways isn't a huge deal outside certain matchups. Tezzerator combo is realatively cheap sans duals but he would still have to shell out for city of traitors, forces, a Jace or two and some stuff I'm likely forgetting. Really you can just throw in artifact lands and ancient tombs and affinity is ready for legacy. It's not the best but it's a place to start. Tezzeret has a place as a 1-2 of if he feels like it
>>
>>51356989
Well he does have the legcy affinity deck but it just isn't that good.
>>
>>51357178
Another person, I've seen Tezzerator played with fastlands (is that the correct term? The ones that enter untapped if there are only two other lands, Darkslick Shores anyway). That seemed to work quite well.
>>
>>51357201
It's the correct term yeah. It's just a hard deck to budget because the pieces that allow you to play fair are expensive as balls like any other blue deck.
>>
I just played against a deck that seemed like a regular nic fit build, but then suddenly played academy rector, flashed back cabal therapy, found omniscience, played emrakul, game.

Anyone familiar with this deck?
>>
>>51357254
It sounds like NicFit/academy rector. One of those nic fit homebrews that work because nic fit has like 20 flex spots
>>
So I've been thinking about my sideboard lately. I have 2 flex slots. Sometimes they're flusterstorms or xantid swarms, sometimes they're surgical extraction. But lately I've been wanting a 2nd discard spell, so I can bring one in and still have 1 to wish for. The obvious option is thoughtseize, and it's stock seems to be going up with all the Leovolds around. But that life loss senpai, the life loss. I guess I should just test it. Someone else opine pls.
>>
>>51356601
It's probably workable, I like Darkwater Catacombs as a way to filter City/Tomb mana into UB but it would probably be good here, though it makes you way more vulnerable to Wasteland. I've also seen some strange Affinity/Tezz builds that go white for SFM with Sword of the Meek and Cranial Plating as targets.

>>51358042
Did you drop the Collective Brutality? I think you mentioned them before. Blackmail can hit lands for what it's worth.
>>
>>51357254
I've played against a deck like that a couple times before. I never got to see the payoff, though, because I would just exile the Academy Rector with Deathrite Shaman in response to the trigger.
>>
>>51356601
>Is there a build that can get away without duals?

Yeah but you need Gaea's Cradle instead lel
>>
File: 272.jpg (45KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
272.jpg
45KB, 312x445px
Do you think the format could survive unbanning Sol Ring?
>>
>>51358586
If they banned Chalice and Trinisphere at the same time
>>
>>51358443
I dropped collective brutality a while back. I like the card for my deck bit I think it's best in a DnT-heavy, miracles-light meta. The fact that it doesn't hit Leovold before or after he comes down is a problem. I'd rather run more mana-efficient disruption, which is why I lean towards thoughtseize, despite the life loss.
>>
>>51358586
>Ancient Tomb
>sol ring, sol ring
>TKS
No.
>>
>>51358586
Turn 1 chalice on 1 for every deck!
>>
>>51358586

Allowing four copies of Sol Ring per deck would instantly kill any format. Sol Ring is stronger than off-color Moxen.

People have a weird blind spot to how retardedly overpowered that card is just because it's not that expensive. But only reason it's not expensive is because it was an uncommon, and stayed outside the reserved list because of that. In terms of raw power it's definitely on par with Lotus, Moxen, Ancestral Recall and Time Walk.
>>
>>51358586
No. It's a +1 mana that stays until destroyed with no drawbacks it's as if someone said moxen are okay as long as you don't have that color in your deck, but better because instead of 1 to 2 it's 1 to 3. If Sol ring were unbanned you would see an absolute dominance of not only eldrazi but a revival of mud that would remind every legacy player what exactly is so scary about a stax deck. You thought miracles was oppressive? Turn 2 smokestacks with extra permanents to sac to it. Very consistent turn 2 tks. I'm
>>
>>51359684
>revival of mud
I love the sound of those words. Butya sol ring would be super dumb in legacy.
>>
>>51359684
>>51359775
I wish MUD Stax was more of a thing, all I wanna do is smash face with Lodestone Golems and tick up Smokestacks. Sounds like a good time.
>>
>>51359930
There has to be a better way to make it than unbanning Sol ring
>>
>>51359930
No it doesn't

t. Spell slinger
>>
>>51359930

Well, that MUD Stax build with Inventors' Fair did hit the top 8 recently after Kaledesh...
>>
>>51359971
I can't really think of anything on the banlist that would give it a chance other than Academy maybe. Having Jar and Academy would be pretty sweet, I don't think Storm decks really want Jar anyways.
>>51360036
I didn't see that, I'll check it out. Thanks.
>>
File: mv-kala.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
mv-kala.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
If we're going to unban a monstrously overpowered mana artifact for laughs, I'm voting for muh boy Mana Vault.
>>
>>51360090

is it so wrong that I just want access to cheaper (in dollary doos) fast mana because I didn't start playing until Odyssey and didn't start playing Legacy until Eldrazi Winter hit Modern?
>>
>>51360078
I get the feeling that tolarian academy would unleash entirely new brands of horrible decks to legacy, seeing as the standard deck it spawned was a turn 1 win 40% of the time
>>
>>51360122

Wanting Magic to cost less is never wrong.
>>
>>51360252
Probably, I would expect some disgusting turn 2 affinity kills with 4 Academy and maybe even Cradles.
>>
>>51360379
>Affinity
In 1998 the standard deck was a turn 2 kill with stroke of genius. 4 petal 4 mox diamond some from monoliths and mi D over matter plus Time spiral made enough mana to kill turn 2 pretty reliably
>>
>>51360465
That's true, but the original list also had Mana Vault as well, which we don't have access to. Mana Vault Voltaic Key is a pretty powerful engine.
>>
Shardless BUG is essentially Hearthstone.dec, yay/nay?
>>
>>51360540
It loses its turn one win percentage but I goldfishes it when I saw saffron olive cover it and honestly grim monolith isn't terrible as a replacement. It shaves off some percent of turn 2 wins but it runs the same otherwise. Instead of time spiral with 1 left over you have none with a full grip of new 0 drop artifacts
>>
>>51360306
Cost less mana, or cost less money? Because anything costing less money is good in my book.
>>
>>51359068
>>51359463
>>51359684
but guys what if we unbanned mental misstep too so we can all counter the sol rings?
>>
>>51360078
>dump hand into jar
>break jar
>dump hand into jar
>break jar
>dump hand into tendrils
I'd try to make it work.
>>
>>51360252
My body is ready.
>>
So, there's gonna be a legacy event near me in a couple days. I don't have a legacy deck, so I'm planning on going with my Kiln Fiend pauper deck. How fucked am I?
>>
>>51364029
Bring lube.
>>
>>51364029
Post list. Can you borrow any cards?
>>
>>51364029
Had a guy who would bring his Kiln Fiend deck to modern nights, he usually went 1-3. I would see if anyone is willing to loan you a deck at the event. Legavy and Vintage players are notoriously helpful in making sure people get to play.
>>
>>51364029
You're gonna have a hard time vs combo, do you have Daze in your list? Might help out.
>>
File: IMG_20170123_223922.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170123_223922.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>51364177
Sorry for shitty quality. Dont really know any of the legacy players at that place though.

Sideboard coming next.

>>51364264
I think I have a couple that i got from somr EMA boosters. I'll have to check.
>>
File: IMG_20170123_223938.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170123_223938.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>51364432
Sideboard
>>
>>51364432
is this a one time thing and you're just running what you have, or are you willing to invest some money in cards for Legacy?
>>
>>51364432
I'd swap the flame slashes for spell pierce or daze or something. Don't want to get completely blown out by anything you opponent does.
>>
>>51364485
It's a one time thing, honestly. I'd want to get a legacy playable deck, but really can't. But I kind of haven't played any 60 card format in a long while and it's itching, yknow?

And turns out I don't have Daze, thought I did.

>>51364504
Will look up on getting Daze, Spell Pierce seems to be out of stock in the closest store.
>>
>>51364535
If it's a one time thing, just run what you have, you will win some games off of variance alone. But If you decide to make it a regular thing a there are perfectly serviceable budget decks that can be put together for under $100
>>
>>51363636
"Blue was a mistake."
-Richard Garfield
>>
>>51364595

Force of Will is the only thing keeping combo honest, though.
>>
>>51364585
Well, I suppose it'll make for an... interesting experience.
>>
>>51364684
Constantly make small talk about how cheap your deck is, and comment loudly on how suprised you are that your deck can beat one that is literally 100X as expensive every time you win a game.
>>
>>51364739
Sounds like a great plan. Time to drop the dankest bantz in that store, bois!
>>
>>51363636
>GUYS, GUYS, LETS KILL THE FORMAT
Do you hate yourself so much that you want DDFT dead?

Because I don't want to throw away the only deck I still enjoy.

I play too much sealed as it is.
>>
>>51365487
but if everybody has Misstep its fine, right? everything is balanced.
>>
>>51367062
There's a good reason Communism failed every single time and took millions of lives each time as well.

In Magic, just change the word "lives" to "decks".
>>
File: pw8lcshp.jpg (86KB, 320x300px) Image search: [Google]
pw8lcshp.jpg
86KB, 320x300px
>>51367189
But its legal in vintage and the format is perfectly fine!
>>
File: communismworks.jpg (152KB, 962x633px) Image search: [Google]
communismworks.jpg
152KB, 962x633px
>>51367189
looks like communism works to me!
>>
>>51360792
> Discover a two mana spell!
>>
>>51358042

Blackmail
>>
Does dredge run Chains of Mephistopheles?

If not, why not?
>>
>>51372525
Dredge never has 3 mana unless its losing and in topdeck mode.
>>
>>51358042
Despise sounds like it does exactly what you want (if you're trying to keep leovold off the board)
>>
>>51372636
But Chains is only 2 mana and turns a cantrip into milling 3
>>
>>51372525
Fucking why would it? If you resolve a Breakthrough/crack Coliseum with dredgers uncontested you've already won.
>>
File: Browbeat.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Browbeat.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
I've been playing with Browbeat in my mono-red burn deck. Sometimes you run out of gas, and Browbeat is good then.
>Enemy thoughtseizes me
>makes me discard anything but browbeat
>draw 3 next turn
>finish the game
I run 4 main board, but 3 is probably a better suite.
>>
File: 1R7XXkJ.png (57KB, 625x656px) Image search: [Google]
1R7XXkJ.png
57KB, 625x656px
>>51373979
>>
>>51333236
Pat's is great,and i'll miss it. Madness is considerably less so, but at least I'll be free of this stupid city in a couple months.
Getting the feeling that I know at least a couple of you.
>>51340050
Prelate with the standard vial response nonsense is just about the dumbest thing ever.
>>
File: burn (L).png (552KB, 846x528px) Image search: [Google]
burn (L).png
552KB, 846x528px
>>51373989
>bait
I'm afraid this is not the case.
R.I.P. good old Xmage interface, you are solely missed. This new interface is dogshit.
>>
>>51374470
>vexing devil
>mainboard taiga
>back to nature
You want to know how I can tell you're retarded?
>>
>>51374470
Swiftspear does so much more damage than vexin devil, you really should trade them.
>>
>>51374470
-4 Browbeat, +4 Rift Bolt
-4 Vexing Devil, +4 Monastery Swiftspear
>>
>>51374562
Why would I waste a sideboard slot for Taiga?
For clarification: The Taiga and Back to Nature are in the 75 because Leyline of Sanctity exists.
>>51374562
>>51374599
Vexing Devil is a Lava Spike for 4 damage in 80% of the cases. I don't mind swapping them for swiftspears for testing, but the Devils have proven their worth for me.
>>
>>51374659
Part of being a good deckbyilder is raking advantage of other people's time and energy. The simple fact is that even if you play Legacy weekly without fail, that would still be too small of lf a sample size number of game wise to be able to have good data on what cards are better.

Instead look at topping lists aepund the world via sites like MtgTop8 and MtgGoldfish. No lists run Vexing Devil.

While blind netdecking isn't good either, and you may also have to take into account specifics of your local meta, Vexing Devil and Swiftspear are similar enough that you can pretty confidently just assume one is a direct upgrade over the other.

If you have a lot of people playing Leyline, Back to Nature is fine, unless something more efficient exists that I'm not thinking of. But between the Taiga and running Lavamancer, you need more than 4 fetches. I would double that to 8 at the minimum.
>>
>>51374659
Vexing Devil also reads target player gains 4 life and discards Swords to Plowshares.
>>
File: 1481817127821.jpg (33KB, 480x446px) Image search: [Google]
1481817127821.jpg
33KB, 480x446px
>>51374715
Also I forgot to add, for the love of god get rid of Browbeat. There's a reason everyone is calling out >bait with it being in your list.
>>
>>51374724
>it dies to removal!
So does Swiftspear?
>>51374715
I run into Leylines often enough on Xmage that having 2 sideboard cards that let me not autolose to them are worth it.
I see your point on Swiftspears and Devils being so similar that one could be considered "strictly better" than the other.
>>51374652
I will try this!
>>
>>51374765
It's the life gain I'm pointing at you silly billy.
>>
>>51374765
Swiftspears haste makes its damage much more reliable. Devil loses out because if they have removal no damage is done at all. Try swiftspear over it and keep track of how often it does at least 4 damage. It's really up to you, can just run both and drop the browbeats but then the prowess is getting thin
>>
>land, swift spear, swing 1
>untap, land, bolt, bolt, swing 3
Total damage 10

>land, swift spear, swing 1
>untap, land, bolt, bolt, swing 3
>plow dude, gain 3 life
Total damage 7

>land, devil, sac and deal 4
>untap, land, bolt, bolt
Total damage 11

>land, devil, pass
>untap, land, bolt, bolt, swing 4
>plow dude, gain 4 life
Total damage 2
>>
>>51374996
>bolt, bolt
>total damage 2

How?
>>
>>51374996
That last one should end with 6, not 2. STP isn't that busted.
>>
>>51373989

ACTUALLY, browbeat has made appearances in Top 8 burn decks. While it does give your opponent a choice, both choices can be a powerful effect for you depending on how skillfully you play it.
>>
>>51375052
You never connect with the devil. 6-4=2
>>
>>51375348
Swords gains the creature's controller life, not the spell's controller.
>>
>>51375320

I realize I should put in some proof, so:

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=1233&d=210360&f=LE
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=971&d=208967&f=LE
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=326&d=120127&f=LE

Are just three different top 8 decks that have used Browbeat effectively. There are 10 legacy decks listed on the site (even more Modern decks).

Vexing Devil has ALSO been used effectively in burn, despite what you might think!

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=13263&d=277856&f=LE
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=8123&d=246823&f=LE
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=7414&d=242429&f=LE

There are 19 Top 8 Legacy decks that have effectively made use of Devil.

I'm not exactly sure where the meme came from that Devil and Browbeat are bad. I mean I understand the idea of "giving your opponent the option means they will chose the one most sub-optimal for you" but you can easily make plays where both options work out well for you, because they are powerful, under-costed effects.
>>
>>51375448
>20 player shit events in the middle of nowhere
>1 and 2-of because even the pilot knows it's the worst card in the deck
>effectively
Really nigga?
>>
>>51375448
The most recent deck with browbeats you linked was a two man tournament 6 years ago with the other two being from 2008. The vexing devil's are two mtgo dailies with 3 and 4 players, running 1 or 2 copies of devil's. The most recent one is a tournament in Eastern Europe where it took 5th a few months ago, but this is looking like an outlier compared to the nonstop barrage of burn decks not running devil's.
>>
>>51375511
>2
>2
>4

>one of these are in Akihabara, Japan
>>
>>51375448
All of these events are small time or small MTGO tournaments. One of those decks uses fucking Ankh of Mishra for Christ's sake. Are you the same guy who started this argument in the MTGSalvation forums about 60 times? Do you not get that Browbeat is NOT good?
>>
>>51375573
Stay delusional, friend.
>>
>>51375443
Sweet Jesus did I get turned around. I use that card enough that you'd think it would be burned into my memory.
>>
>>51375578

I'm not the guy, but screaming "Browbeat is NOT good" based off of nothing but your personal feelings probably don't win you many arguments, huh?
>>
>>51375448
>Search legacy decks containing vexing devil's
>1 deck in the last year, 5th place
>Search legacy with browbeats
>Hasn't been played in 5+ years to any extent, not even an mtgo daily event

>>51375687
>Nothing but personal feelings
How about the fact that the card is actually just bad? Card advantage would be the greatest present burn could hope for but 3 mana deal 5 isn't exactly on curve in a deck full of R:3 damage.
>>
>>51375448
>2011
>2011
>2008
>2016
>2014
>2014
With the exception of one deck, all of these are old lists by far and wide considered archaic. One is running Incinerate and Reverberate, one is running more Goblins and Koth than warrants the title "Burn", etc. All the examples you're giving are all old decks that ran in different metas with a vastly different card pool. The power level of today's Legacy is so far above the power level even 2 years ago. We didn't have T2 5/5s smashing into people back then. A good T2 play back then was Tarmogoyf.

Browbeat is outclassed by any number of turn 3 plays you can imagine. Price of Progress, hold up mana for a Bolt. Deploy a spell, then Eidolon if you haven't already. Hell even Sulfuric Vortex is a better turn 3 play. You're never going to get the damage you want out of Browbeat but you're ALWAYS going to get damage out of a Swiftspear, a Grim Lavamancer, or a Rift Bolt. I personally don't like it because I'm stubborn and resistant to change, especially when it's concerning a card that my opponent will always give me the short end of the stick on. Furthermore, Browbeat can either read R:draw a card or R:do 5/3 damage to your opponent. In a deck full of R:do 3 damage to your opponent, you're willingly shorting yourself 4/3 damage by running Browbeat. You're consciously choosing to handicap your damage output to get a marginal card advantage in a deck that only gives a damn about card advantage when you're stalled against a deck full of counters, in which case you'll win draw-go every time because of the gas you're drawing. Unless you draw Browbeat, in which case you're now statistically 4/3 damage short of a normal red spell and it will get countered anyways.
>>
>>51375726

It's a dark horse card. Is it used in every 75 of Burn? No. Nobody is even suggesting that. It's used in weird, off-beat burn brews. But it has been used in decks that have cracked the Top 8. That's really all the proof I need that the card is for real. It put up results, whether you like it or not, whether you can accept it or not. And yeah, it hasn't been used in a Top 8 deck since 2011, but hell, neither has Parfait and I don't see you guys jumping all over someone who puts freaking Land Tax/Scroll Rack in their deck.
>>
>>51375448
I hate to get into these discussions but...

Searching all legacy events of all sizes, MTGTop8 (http://www.mtgtop8.com/search)
has no decks with Browbeat in it after 2011. It has a small number of decks with 1 or more Vexing Devil (often just 1). 19 to be exact, with fewer than 5 after 2014. As a comparison, there are 106 Burn decks with Swiftspear, many of them post-2014. Notably, there are ZERO (0) burn decks running Swiftspear and Devil.
>>
>>51376042
Never hesitate to get into discussion when someone is suggesting an objectively bad idea.
>>
>>51376042
to make my point more clear, Khans of Tarkir, which contained Monastery Swiftspear, was released in 2014 which is blowing my fucking mind where did 2015 and 2016 go? What year is it? who am I?
>>
>>51375946
It has literally been unused for 5+ years in sanctioned play, burn or otherwise. What top 8 are you referring to? Do you have even a single link to back any of your nonsense up? It is, mathmatically, a bad card. The only case where you draw 3 cards and wouldn't have won with any other spell is at 4 or 5 life. Even then, if it were any other nonland card you would still be 1 turn from winning
>Wierd, off-beat burn brews
Is a funny way of saying shitbrew. Stop trying to proselytize the browbeat meme because it is mathmatically bad in burn
>>
>>51376139
>Do you have even a single link to back any of your nonsense up?

Hi, welcome to the thread, maybe you should try reading before you shitpost.
>>
>>51376145
Hi, welcome to MtG, do you have a single link to back your nonsense up?
>>
>>51375946
Thats apples to oranges. Parfait is a goofy deck that has a garbage powerlevel, that people run for fun. That, decks like Solidarity, Oops, The Cure, Nourishing Lich and even my beloved Pox are decks used by people who male the choice to run subpar decks that hurt their chances to win.

Burn is not a deck people play because it's super fun, or hilarious, or so rare it catches people by suprise. Theres no shock value or dark horse effect with Burn. Its a solid middle of the road, simple to play deck that teaches good sequencing and it has more or less been solved, as far as the best builds.

If some anon dropped a Death and Taxes list with Top and Land Tax they will get the same reaction as someone running Browbeat. Becasue that would be a stupid card choice that lowers the power level of a potentially tournament winning, solved deck.

If you want to brew, brew. But dont run cards that see zero competitive play amd claim theyre good. Show me one time Browbeat has made it into a video on a feature match in a real tournament in the last 5 years or so.
>>
>>51376190

But here's the rub, the anon who started this whole Browbeat discussion, waaaaay back in >>51373979 said he was trying out running it in his mono-red burn deck and was getting good results with it. And for god knows what reason, this completely tilted some folks here. Like, what is he supposed to do, NOT admit it is working out well in his deck? I can understand skepticism, and if it was just skepticism I wouldn't have said anything, but you had folks saying "you're retarded" and "no list runs Vexing Devil" (which was an outright lie). Fuck those folks.
>>
>>51376115
I just don't think discussions like this are very productive. If someone's mind isn't quickly changed or at least opened by empirical evidence then they are either a troll or refusing to accept the evidence due to their entrenched beliefs, and neither type of person is worth dealing with.
>>
>>51376312
Magic is a game of statistical variance, and controlling that variance.

Burn is especially a deck focused on statistics becase it runs zero filtering, and wants to attack its opponents lifetotal directly and efficiently.

Some games you will never see Vexing Devil or Browbeat. Some games you will and they will damagr the opponent or draw enough cards to win or whatever. Theyre still functional, its not like hes running a playset of Craw Wurm, as baller as that would be. But there are statistically better options, so why not use them if they are direct 1 for 1 upgrades? Say hes got a 63% win percentage right now, but upgrading to Swiftspear will bump that up to 65%. Is that a huge deal? No. Will that change how the deck plays or feels? No. Does it frusterate autisits we're all autists here, we're arguing over a xhilderens card game on a North Korean bobsledding website when statistically worse cards are used with with shitty excuses and 5 year old decklists are used as evidence? Yes.
>>
>>51376312
And then, three posts later in >>51374470
We notice that he isn't running far more efficient burn that would just close out the game instead of durdling about with browbeats.

Seriously, do you know what fractions are? Bolt/rift/spike are 3:1, the creatures are usually 4:1 unless removed early, firecraft gets a pass (usually a sideboard card but whatever it might be a meta thing) and browbeat, unless at 5 or less life, is 5:3. That is an awful ratio of mana to burn spell. Sulphuric vortex would be better at 3 mana for killing lifegain on top of the 6 damage it does on average if dropped turn three. Flame rift even has a better ratio at 2:1. People try to make browbeat work but time and time again it proves to just not work anymore. It's either too slow for the burn to matter or at a point where the draw is win more. Pointing to a link of a sligh deck running browbeat in 2008 is not evidence that the card is good by today's standards.
>>51376398
I need this, some shitbrew running browbeat stole a game from me and cost me three teeth. I must make sure that villain never gets away with it again
>>
File: 1219083271992.png (230KB, 600x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1219083271992.png
230KB, 600x1334px
>>51376502
>some shitbrew running browbeat stole a game from me and cost me three teeth. I must make sure that villain never gets away with it again

Protip if a shitbrew beat you then it's you who are the shitbrew.
>>
>>51374795
>>51374996
>Exile target creature. Its controller gains life equal to its power.
Since when did my opponent gain life from casting Swords to plowshares? Are you substracting the damage that my creature did not get to do? How would this be any different if the creature was a Swiftspear?
>>
>>51377044
Read the thread. Just replace the number 2 with 6.
>>
>>51377597
That's 6 damage vs 7 assuming the enemy tapped out before playing Swords/Bolt, and doesn't just bolt the Swiftspear after declare attackers.
Now let me give you a different scenario:
>Enemy plays land, aether vial
>I play swiftspear, hit for 1
>Enemy plays land and Thalia
>My swiftspear stays around to chump block at some point
Here, I would much rather have a Devil, who either burns for 4 or can swing over Thalia, or block her way while I topdeck.
But I'll try swiftspears for now, and count the number of times they connect for a total of more than 4 damage.
>>51376502
>the math
I don't run Browbeats to deal 5 damage. I run browbeats to draw three cards (two cards, considering I spent one card to play Browbeat). I'm no expert on math, but a +2 card advantage sounds pretty good to me.
>>
>>51377737
Oh shit I'm sorry I forgot you had a choice in the matter. I mean if I have the choice of burn my opponent for five or draw three I'd always draw three. If I was choosing for my opponent I'd just take face for 5 every day though, for the exact same reason.
>>
>>51377737
Just remember you can do the same against thalia with swift spear via triggering prowess off turn.
>>
>>51378216

Problem I would see is that Thalia makes triggering Prowess harder as your spells cost more.
>>
Why do I always like the bad Legacy decks? I love things like Enchantress, Imperial Painter, and Goblins but none of them are very good. I want to build one of those three , which is the best and is likely to stay good/get better?
>>
I feel like the bad Legacy decks are more fun to play but I dislike losing often due to playing them when I proxy them against friends
>>
>>51331385
If you are near Austin try visiting Dragon's Lair. I havent played magic there but the shop is really great
>>
>>51378796
I'd build Painter if money is no object. Blood moon + combo will get you free wins. Its undoubtedly the best of the 3.
>>
>>51378796
>Liking bad decks
I know that one, I feel like I win a ton of matchups I shouldn't off Chalice and topdecking half my combo. I wanna find room for Thirst for Knowledge so I'm not so dependent on my opener, though Dack has helped a lot.

I think Goblins probably has the best chance of getting new cards, Wizards loves printing tribal stuff followed by Enchantress, though we just got an enchantment block in Theros
>>
>>51378889
Unfortunately just remembered how expensive Painter is. Almost $3000. And money is a bit of an issue. So I guess im stuck with Goblins and Enchantress which are like $1000 each which isnt bad when it comes to Legacy.
>>
>>51378892
Yeah Goblins is sweet I really like it since my favorite archetype is aggro. Its a bit slower then some aggro decks but Rishadan ports and Wastelands help it maintain a control over the game like D&T while the tribal synergy wins. Enchantress is just fun but its probably even worse then Goblins honestly.
>>
>>51379032
In that case choose goblins because I think its the most likely to see a bump in powerlevel.
>>
What do you guys think of eggs in legacy?
It looks like a lot of fun and stupid cheap, but it's slow compared to storm and vets dicked by AD
>>
>>51379414
I think if you wanna play an off-the-wall artifact combo deck Greg Hatch's Artificer's Intuition deck is probably better.
>>
>>51377795
To clarify, while the opponent does get to choose whether I draw 3 or he takes 5 damage, usually my opponent has only 1 option as Browbeat is the last card I'll play on my hand, at which point my opponent ought to be at 5-ish life.
>>
>>51379512
>Greg Hatch's Artificer's Intuition

what the fuck is tha-
>Salvager Titan

I'm sold.
http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/deck_tech_artificers_intuition.html
>>
File: grim.webm (3MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
grim.webm
3MB, 480x272px
>What's the next card (s) you intend to acquire and why?
More Grim Backwoods Its going to skyrocket when the next set comes out, I swear
>>
>>51380564
Disgusting
>>
What is the deck called that runs Energy Field + Rest in Peace as a pillow fort while waiting for Helm of Obedience, and why is it so infuriating to play against?
>>
>>51381327
Sounds like Parfait
>>
>>51381327
Parfait?
>>
>>51381327

It's Parfait.
>>
>>51381327
I may be wrong but I think it's Parfait
>>
>>51381327
I think its yogurt topped with cookies and fruits
>>
What beats Leovold BUG?
>>
>>51383423
Price of Progress
>>
>>51383423
Blood Moon
>>
How is Grixis Delver v Leovold/TNN BUG?
>>
>>51380564
Does your wife know about this?
>>
>>51380564

Eh, needs more Firedrinker Satyrs.

>>51383423

Empty the Warrens seems pretty good. I don't know, though; haven't played against it.

Eldrazi also seems like it could pull some shenanigans.
>>
>>51384908
Shes the one that made the cover art for my binder she tried to get me her wisdom teeth after she had them removed. They got sent to a lab instead
>>
>>51385411
I'm actually a little mad at myself that I don't have my binder right now to post "did someone say firedrinker satyrs?"

I have 931 now but only 1 is foil
>>
Is tezzerator actually a good deck to build?
I'm looking into legacy and it is either rug delver or tezzerator at the moment. I just don't want to be conned into some shitty meme deck
>>
>>51387781

I'm hoping that becomes a meme.
>>
File: 1424741926270.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1424741926270.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>51373989
>>
>>51387901
I think it's fine. Has frequent enough top 8s to not be a meme. Does it seem fun to you? If yes, build it.
>>
10-proxy Vintage event coming up this Saturday. Do I play paradox storm (proxy p9 + Mana Vault), or jeskai mentor? (proxy power and tundras)
>>
>Bought 2 City of Traitors to finish playset
>Tracking number doesn't work for international trades
I've got low hopes this is gonna get through... Probably out 200 freedom bux
>>
>>51387901
Eh, I would say tezzerator is pretty meme-tier. Some people just want to play tezzeret and thopter sword, and that's the only reason the deck sees any play. If that's what you want to do, then go for it. It's not necessarily garbage, but it doesn't do anything better than any other deck. If you want to play a blue chalice deck, merfolk is probably best, and if you want to play a fun (and competitive) chalice deck, 4c loam is pretty sweet. Rug delver is definitely a real deck, but it is just outclassed by other delver strategies in the current meta. Grixis or UR is probably closest in play style to rug, but both are more powerful and put up better results.
>>
>>51389617
Usually you have to check the site of the seller's country postal service.

Which country is he/she from?
>>
>>51385411
>>51387781
a guy at my lgs has a binder with like 900 prodigal scorcers in it
>>
>>51390815
I would like to set his binder on fire right in front of him, only to ask him: "What are you looking at?" and for him to reply with the flavor text on the card.
>>
>>51390923
occasionaly, members of the institute of arcane study aquire a taste for worldly pleasures. seldom do they have trouble finding emplyment?...

i think you're refering to the abomination in ETM which he litereally set like a 100 copies of on fire
>>
>>51390972
The Eternal Masters one is actually relevant here:
"You can't learn to enjoy life's amusements in the pages of books. You must seek them out in earnest."
But I was actually confusing prodigal sorcerer with pic related.
>>
File: prodigal pyromancer.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
prodigal pyromancer.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>51391022
with this pic related*
>>
>>51390815
I've been slowly collecting Rods of Ruin but I am nowhere 900 yet.
>>
Where can I buy best quality chinaman cards?
Ones that would at least pass in sleeves without suspicion.
>>
File: lich_by_spiralmagus-d7vleq8.jpg (277KB, 1000x1278px) Image search: [Google]
lich_by_spiralmagus-d7vleq8.jpg
277KB, 1000x1278px
>>51389585
Play Dredge. Vintage Dredge is the single greatest deck in Magic.
>>
>>51392134
Alibaba.com.

Last order I picked up contained cards of wildly different quality. The Moxen and Duals were fantastic, and so was the newer stuff like MM Goyf and Liliana, took them to my local shop and just asked them to take a look, they thought they were real. Other stuff was garbage, colors messed up, some cards in white border that never had a white border release, etc. Fetches looked like crap also.

Its really hit and miss.
>>
Anyone knows anything about legacy players in Poland?

I'm not hopeful, I've only seen a couple tournaments on bigger cons, as far as I'm concerned allowing proxies. Might as well still ask, since the format is absolutely awesome but the prices are just ridiculous. At worst I'll just keep to Xmage, maybe build Modern Eldrazi and Taxes IRL and play it as Legacy DnT in Proxy Tournaments.
>>
>>51392209
I only need duals, opals and LED's. Any idea on quality of those?
>>
>>51392377
One of our local guys got a set of duals for his cube. They look alright most of the time but you can tell they're fake when you touch them. They just don't feel 20 years old
>>
>>51392404
Great, thanks. I think I might get some then.

Can't deal with LED prices after the buy-out.
>>
>>51392508
The prices are back to where they were before the buyout actually. Turns out, aside from one dickhead buying everything up for a black pool, nobody is paying more than 100$ for LEDs
>>
>>51392377
This was a year and a half or so ago, so print runs now may be different. But LED's were unusable, colors screwed up, black including the border was more of a dark grey. Duals were good, I have used them in edh and no one has ever even looked at them weird.They dont feel right, but unless youre trying to sell them thats not an issue. Bigger for me is if you look close these 20 year old white bordered cards should not be pristine, thats the biggest flag, and I would not bet on them to pass a deck check based on that. I didn't get Opals.
>>
>>51390165
USA > SEA
>>
Favorite Dark rit art? Just bought a set of Masques, can't afford foils.
>>
>>51393121
Urza's Saga
>>
>>51393121
Masques Ritual and Brainstorm are best. I like most, however. My second choice would be original or Urza's Saga.
>>
>>51393121
Masques with Mirage as an honorable mention. If you can get NM Alpha/Beta those probably take precedent though.
Alpha Rits are surprisingly reasonable in price
>>
I posted this deck a couple threads ago but I'm looking for some opinions on this cleric tribal deck that I've been tinkering with.

Creatures
>2x Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
>2x Blessed Orator
>2x Doubtless One
>2x Edgewalker
>2x Vile Deacon
>4x Battlefield Medic
>4x Daru Spiritualist
>4x Samite Healer

Spells
>2x Debtors' Knell
>2x Reinfrocements
>4x Primsatic Strands
>4x Rend Flesh
>4x Terror

Lands
>4x Isolated Chapel
>4x Scoured Barrnes
>6x Swamps
>8x Plains

Sideboard
>1x Authority of the Consuls
>2x Ancestors Prophet
>2x Daunting Defender
>2x Benalish Missionary
>2x Whipgrass Entangler
>2x Witch hunter
>4x Dark Banishing

Thoughts, /tg/?
>>
>>51393436
You might want more "hatebear" Clerics.
>Leonin Arbiter
>Glowrider
>True Believer
>>
>>51393436
I don't want to be rude, but let me be quite honest with you: you stand absolutely zero chance against any actual Legacy deck. I love tribal decks, I've tried to make Zombies work and I play Goblins, but most tribes just aren't good or fast enough to do anything in this format. Elves and Merfolk can place, Goblins can win some matches, but there is no current tribal deck you really want to be playing if you want to win.

You can make a Death & Taxes deck that containd clerics, as suggested, but most just aren't worth it. You will never get to seven mana for Debtors' Knell, I'm not even sure you will get to four mana fast enough to make it matter. Legacy is a turn three format, and if you spend turn three casting your second creature - even if it's Edgewalker - you cannot win if your opponent doesn't draw blanks all the time.

Now it's certainly a fun deck, I have a similar deck I built from the Onslaught starter, but it's not a viable Legacy deck. I would love to give you suggestions for changing cards, but I cannot see Clerics as a tribe being playable in any way. The only way is Life.dec, where you equip Shuko to Daru Spiritualist a thousand times and then sac it into Starlit Sanctum, but even that is at best a fringe deck. I'm sorry to be so harsh.
>>
>>51393436
You have zero game against 2/3's of the format. Combo will eat you alive turn 2/3, and by turn 4 Miracles has you hardlocked. You arent even using the best cards for what slots you have. Terror is worse than Go For The Throat, Abrupt Decay, the new removal spell that just came out for 1 cmc, or even Sword to Plowshares. Your manabase is a mess too. This is a fine casual deck, but Legacy assumes some level of competitiveness, you're paying money to play in these events after all.
>>
>>51393436
Get some Vindicates at least, if you wanna play 3 mana removal spells.
>>
>>51393436
Looks like it would be bad in Modern, let alone Legacy.
>>
File: mtg high resolution wallpaper.jpg (489KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mtg high resolution wallpaper.jpg
489KB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone else have weird tic when it comes to deck selection in Legacy? Irefuse to play decks that are only good in the meta of Legacy. Stuff like Death&Taxes and Miracles that count on their opponents decks having specific qualities.

Like how Miracles has bad matchups against NicFit and 12 Post, I've seen games where some janky mono green Eldrazi Ramp deck just powers out Artizan of Kozileks and just steamrolls over the deck. D&T is also less impressi e when its opponent is just playing basic forests and Rampaging Baloths. Same deal with a lot of stompy deck with mainboard Blood Moon.

I just can't handle the idea of a deck being too simple.for me to disrupt, so I lose to a pile of jank. I need to play a deck that wins both in and out of the format. This does largely push me toward more aggressive decks though.
>>
>>51394594
Play Storm. No jank deck can beat it (MUD is junk, not jank).
>>
>>51394594
>"Pox"
>"this does largely push me towards more aggressive decks"

I think you are confused sir.
>>
>>51394625
>He never heard of R/B goblin pox with turbo drive and port and starboard attachments
>>
>>51393121
Tempest is patrician.
>>
>>51395025
>mfw I actually searched for the card "Turbo Drive" for a good 5 minutes before realizing it was a meme
>>
>>51394625
>>51394609

I've been playing combo for 9 years now, TES, ANT, Solidarity, Cheerios, and Omnitell. Pox is me trying to go for something new and purposefully not combo.
>>
>>51389585
Why aren't they straight up all proxies? What do you gain by allowing people to not own power and blue fetches but not everything else?
>>
>>51395361
The Legacy and Modern playerbase, plus incentive to buy SOMETHING from the shop. A shop that allows 100% proxy events is not going to be selling very many cards.
>>
>>51395361
>why aren't they all proxies
To keep out the riff raff.
>>
>>51395361
Take a look at the difference between the MTG format generals, there is actually a palpable difference in personality between them. The paywall, by and large, is a good way to keep the worst parts of the magic community out.there will always be screeching autists but there seem to be less and less as the format's value goes up. Also what >>51395446 said
>>
>>51395446
You get sales by having competitive prices and doing Standard/Draft/maybe some Modern, not by hosting eternal events and crossing your fingers that some newcomer doesn't already own/hasn't loaned or bought the cards she needs cheaper elsewhere. Eternal formats are shit for sales unless you're specializing in graded power.
>>51395455
I can't get behind this elitist mentality, sorry.
>>
>>51395489
Those people arent going to be showing up for a Vintage event, the new generation of Magic players are literally affraid of Legacy, and only real life wizards play Vintage as far as they are concerned.

What you do get is an older mature playerbade (mostly) that are all adults with jobs and disposable income, and know the importance of supporting local shops. Before I moved, only 1 shop supported Vintage. We had about 12 regulars, and several were working their way through actual power 9. Every songle one bought them from the shop, rather than online, even if it cost them.an extra 10% a card. New players have no loyalty, and are the type.to buy an entire deck on TCG player.
>>
>>51395489
It was a joke silly. There does need to be a point to owning the actual cards though. If I could play all proxies, I would lose interest in the game pretty quickly. The perceived value of these bits of cardboard is indeed a big draw for me. Collecting the cards I like would lose the appeal when all I would need to do is fire up my printer.
>>
>>51329930
did starting to build sets around limited play ruin the game by making it so weird niche Donate-like cards didn't exist any more?
>>
>>51395621
Donate had a colorshifted reprint last year, jank like that will always get printed
>>
>>51395621
But we just had a near exact color shifted version of donate in the previous set.
>>
>>51395621
Yes. Maybe "ruin" is too strong of a word. But it's also part of the New World Order. Things like giving your opponents stuff is too next level and unintuitive, so its gone.
>>
>>51395668
NWO only messes with commons.

Ancestral Recall actually passes NWO because of its simplicity.
>>
>>51395902
Between then not allowing anything interesting the the more common rarities, and needing all their planeswalkers, legendaries, and other story driven effects in the upper rarities, there is very little room left for funky stuff not related to specific sets and planes.
>>
>>51396103
Dubious challenge is a pretty funky card printed recently. Unique too from a design standpoint. Thinking about it I might try reworking the modern deck MTG goldfish made for legacy as a combo deck
>>
>>51396103
Uncommons can be complex and commons can break NWO in some cases (Wretched Gryff).

Honestly interesting really only comes up every once in a while.

There's been a few interesting/funky cards lately.
>Aetherflux Resivor and all the other build around cards and energy stuff in KLD
>Thing in the ice
>Brain in jar
>Vehicles
>The other deliver variants
>EMN
>Dubious Challenge
>Fatal push/Stuff to mess around with revolt

Honestly it only effects limited when you have stuff like Pack Rat. Harmless Offering (Red donate) literally is useless in limited because the only combo it had (Demonic Pact) was gone. Also most of the KLD mythic were what Mythics should be.
>>
>>51396371
How would you make that work? Reading Dubious Challenge, I don't see a way to make it work significantly in your favor. What am I missing?
>>
>>51396520
Emrakul + flickerwisp (any combination of fatty + blink really) in the top ten means you get an Emrakul. Using fast mana to get the sorcery out faster just makes it a wierdly bad show and tell. It could be a passable shitbrew at a local event but I'm not expecting anything great
>>
>>51393436

I know it isn't supposed to be a top tier deck, but it would be infinitely better with a playset of Mother of Runes
>>
>>51395621
They do print stuff like that, just on Rare and Mythic rarity. Just look at how they keep throwing EDH cards into limited when they are typically unplayable in limited and standard.
>>
>>51396568
So wait, protection from colored spells doesn't stop Flickerwisp's ability? Is it because it's a creature/permanent when the ability activates? Could a creature block Emrakul?
>>
>>51397916
Yeah, its a common misconception. Protection from colored spells means Emmy only has protection from spells on the stack. ETB abilities are well... abilities. flickerwisp or glimmerpoint stag enter at the same time as emrakul, targeting emrakul with their abilities, exiling her until end of turn then returning her to her owners control (You).
>>
File: Blows.jpg (67KB, 395x376px) Image search: [Google]
Blows.jpg
67KB, 395x376px
Have this dank meme I made since I'm bored.
>>
Just spent 450 yuroshekels on cardboard. At least I'm selling a foil FoW next week to take some of the edge off...

Half of the money is spent on foreign versions of cards I already own even, what the fuck.

But Japanese Ichorids signed by rk post are just too good to pass up.

Thanks for reading my blog guys
>>
Rate my UR Delver list please

4 Delver of Secrets
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Goblin Guide
2 Bedlam Reveler

4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Chain Lightning
4 Daze
4 Force of Will
1 Fire//Ice

4 Scalding Tarn
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Island
2 Mountain
3 Volcanic Island

Any recommendations to the mainboard? Thoughts on Vendilion Clique MB over Reveler? Anything spicy in the SB?
>>
>>51398901
Needs more Price of Pregress and less Bedlam Reveler

Other than that its a delver deck, I rate it 3/1
>>
>>51399032
Shit i mean 3/2, i dont fucking play delver
>>
Alright, off to locals with 12 post again. Hopefully more than just the same 4 other people show up tonight. On a side note. We have talked about the mtg anime and what deck would be played by what kinda of character. What do you guys think of 12 post? I was also thinking about goblins today. I think it would be either a short guy with a napoleon complex, or a guy with a way exaggerated idea of self importance that also has his own fan club for some/no reason.
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 480x98px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 480x98px
this guy have penis breath
>>
>>51398901
I played a spicy Bonfire of the Damned. When it was good it was backbreaking and when it was bad I shuffled it away with Brainstorm fetch. It was super easy to set up with Brainstorm as well of course. I had Elves in my meta though, don't see it much anymore.
>>
>>51399032
I dont like Price personally because theres a few Burn decks at the LGS. If i had to take it to a Grand Prix id agree but I get paired against Burn often at the Store and Miracles is popular too and its not very good there either
>>
>>51399117
Actually might try that out in place of Fire//Ice
>>
>>51399101
Its a fringe deck, so some side charecter. I feel like either a fat Roadhog type, or a kid or something obsessed with hardcasting the biggest creatures in the game. Whoever it is him and Miracles guy hate each other. Miracles because 12Post shits all over his "perfect" deck that runs Force, JTMS and Brainstorm so its the bestest and hardest deck to play ever! And 12Post guy hates Miacles because everyone hates Miracles.

Also goblin guy needs to be short and kind of look like a goblin.

>>51399133
Fair enough
>>
>>51398901
>4x misty rainforest
You couldn't find a cheaper fetch?
>>51399105
You found me!
>>
Yo. SI guy here. I used to play a Vintage version of it at a store that allowed proxies and really dug it. Finally got my hands on a playset of Lions Eye Diamond so I can ditch Turbo Depths and play with the big bois. Anyone else run this deck?
>>
What happened to Eldrazi Stompy? It was the 3rd-5th most played deck in the format. Now its 0.5 % of the meta less then Burn and even Infect
>>
>>51399567
No. I already owned the Mistys.
>>
>>51399695
people got bored playing the most boring deck?
>>
>>51399684
SI seems like a downgrade from Depths.Both MTGGoldfish and MTGTop8 have dozens of placing lists for Turbo Depths, and I see jack shit for SI.

Unless theres some under generic storm tag somewhere
>>
>>51399567
I notice u play frontier and legacy what else mr. homo
>>
>>51399695
>Eldrazi Aggro is still 6% of the format
Huh?
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
>>
>>51389585

Play TPS. Null Rod won't instakill you, and you won't get land-screwed or stuck with multiple legendary artifacts in your hand.

>>51393121

Urza's Saga or German Revised.

>>51395455

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8OFnERBhuo

Ha, ha, ha!

>>51399695

According to mtgtop8, Eldrazi comprises 6% of top-8 decks in the format, for what it's worth.

With that said, that's a much, much smaller metagame share than the deck had a month or two ago.

I imagine people got tired of having terrible matchups against mediocre decks. Eldrazi strikes me as something that's excellent against a number of really good decks, but marginal at best against marginal decks. Charbelcher, Poops, Dredge, Reanimator, Lands, Aggro-Loam, and (especially) Painter are all excellent against Eldrazi.

It's like the problem with Reanimator: the deck's great against other combo decks and some "fair" decks, but a lot of fair decks are great against it.
>>
File: sad_frog.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
sad_frog.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
>>51399101
>tfw only 3 other people show up for legacy and choose to op into modern
>tfw you dislike modern and dont wanna play it, even when the judge offers to lone you to a deck.
feels bad man.
>>51399398
I like the idea of a rivalry between 12post and miracles guy. The more I think about it, the more i figure the 12post guy would be a that weird awkward guy, possible with some type of autism or somthing. Cause he is able to beat the "best deck" most of the time, but struggles against everything else. I do like the biker idea to though just cause its like ''hey kid look how big muh dudes are, imma smash you'' Or maybe one of those weird hippe bikers that likes doing things ''the old fashioned way''. If its that, I also see him having a rivalry with the show&tell decks.
>>
>>51400387
12Post guy rhinks cheating guys out is heresy, real men hardcast their fatties. He doesnt like S&T or Reanimator. Sticking to his personal principals is more important than winning to him. Or so he says, deslerately hoping no one sees his copies of S&t he keeps in his sideboard for emergencies.
>>
File: Show and Tell.full.jpg (154KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Show and Tell.full.jpg
154KB, 480x680px
>>51400474
Show And Shit is cancer
>>
>>51399101
One of the sidekicks to the protagonist plays against 12post guy like joey facing rex, and sidekick wins by a nose through emrakul through some retarded shenanigans like a singleton maindeck o-ring
>>
File: tumblr_o8bf2imyAW1v96x8bo1_1280.jpg (221KB, 1280x839px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8bf2imyAW1v96x8bo1_1280.jpg
221KB, 1280x839px
Ive lost after hardcasting Emrakul. I was at 2, opponent had Bob and 5 lands, at 16 life. I swing, he sacks everything but Bob, reaveals A FUCKING LAND to his Bob trigger, swings in for 2.
>>
>>51400980
Bob and 6 lands, shit.
>>
>>51399684
I love goldfishin with the deck and I'm gonna (hopefully) get the rest of the cards I need for it when I go to GP Vancouver

Which version are you running? I'm a fan of the Pact variant
>>
>>51400387
Where does my deck fit into this, senpai?
>>
>>51401130
oh great a bunch of foreign neckbeards are going to flood my downtown
>>
>>51401170
Jokes on you I'm skinny and live in Canada and have an actual beard
>>
>>51400980
On the reverse side, I've survived and won a game where emrakul swung at me twice.

Lingering souls lmao
>>
New thread
>>51401452
>>51401452
>>51401452
>>
>>51401168
People forget you exist, your episode ends up being cut
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.