[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your dragons, /tg/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 41

File: lesbian fight.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
lesbian fight.webm
3MB, 852x480px
Tell me about your dragons, /tg/.
>>
>>51326591
Well I'm trying to create a central dynamic between them all.

I also am in the process of adding Gem Dragons.
>>
>>51326591
Wait wait wait... there's anime?
>>
>>51326591
Traditional dragons are boring. I usually don't use them.

Closest I've had in a long time is a giant lungfish that eats people purely for sexual reasons.
>>
>>51326591
Traditional dragons that showed up, kicked ass, opposed the gods, and got reckt by all levels of deities. Most are dead, some are still around, hiding.
>>
>>51326790
>a giant lungfish that eats people purely for sexual reasons.
....go on
>>
File: 1456028334437.jpg (167KB, 1280x767px) Image search: [Google]
1456028334437.jpg
167KB, 1280x767px
>>51326591
Incredibly lewd under a civilised exterior.

Might as well just give the players what they want.
>>
>>51326888
>what is Dark Souls
>>
>>51326591
They know Kung Fu
>>
>>51326959
Dark souls had the opposite, but yeah I see your point.
>>
>>51326920
Here, these are the notes from the area. Players haven't been there yet so it's fairly sparse

>The fields of spearwheat gives way to a wide clearing of bronze colored grass. Each piece of grass has three holes in it and when wind blows over the plains it makes a sound like chaotic flute music. There's a lake of bright pink fluid to the north and a small sandy beach littered with old soda cans. The fluid tastes like cherry and is carbonated. The trail of mucus leads to the water. There's an enormous sapient lungfish out there (Str 15, dex 8, mind 10, hp 20, armor 2, d10 damage). It eats humans but only for sexual and fetishistic reasons. If players wade into the water or otherwise attract it, it will come and ask them innuendo filled questions. If they agree to anything, it will then attempt to eat them. If not, it will return to the water, dejected. It can tell a little bit about the cult, but not much. Just what it saw while being captured.

The cult mentioned is a cult of weirdos attempting to "Normalize" things by killing or mutilating magical creatures and destroying magical items. They tried to capture the lungfish but he...had his way with them. In the game he acts like an awkward vore fetishist trying to ease players into letting him eat them. Because I find the idea of a giant thing doing awkward and fatal sexual advances towards a party to be hilarious.
>>
>>51326959
If I recall the lore correctly the dragons in Souls (1) were dicked over mostly by one of their kind rather than "punished by god for their arrogance".
>>
>>51327111
Very true, but they did oppose the "gods" when they were getting hunted, and they got rekt by the "gods".

Not saying it's exactly the same, but there are quite a few similarities to it. Not that there's anything wrong with that at all, Dark Souls has some really interesting lore.
>>
>>51326888
>>51327047
>>51327111
In dark souls the dragons were the rulers of the world until a few beings discovered fire and used the powers it conferred upon them to overthrow the dragons and declare themselves the rulers of the world.

Also a mutant dragon thing helped them.
>>
>>51326591
Huge holes in reality that corrupt the land around them- whether they want to or not. Some try and isolate themselves to prevent this from affecting others, some exploit this, and some don't care.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1415x640px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1415x640px
>>51326591
Remnants of the old world born again in the new.

My players haven't caught on yet.
>>
>>51326591
A dragon is the hole in the world created when a god is born. When the god of civilization became the emblem of settling down, the Ravaging dragon was formed to burn the fields, sowing trees in its wake. When the god of the forests became the guardian of those trees, the Acidic Dragon was formed to melt away all that lived. When the god of heroes slew the first dragon to die, the Dragon of Despair emerged in his wake, drawn to the mightiest of heroes.

When the goddess of the hearth began to bless a well-organized home, the Adulterous Dragon came forth, and fifth.

Dragons don't need to be fertilized to lay eggs - they need to despoil the god's followers, and as his prayers grow, as his following grows, so too do the numbers of dragons that god left in his wake.

Truly, dragons are the most terrible consequence of our faith.
>>
>>51327314
How do they get fuel?
>>
>>51327334
A very robust digestive system and a steady diet of slimes.
>>
>>51327314
>A-10 Thunderbolt
Good choice but I doubt they'll survive.
>>
File: elve-2.jpg (33KB, 671x381px) Image search: [Google]
elve-2.jpg
33KB, 671x381px
>>51327334
Same way as the tank.
>>
>>51327076
Reminds me a bit of a huge vore story by somebody on Eka's named something like Alphabeta123 about a large, captive sapient creature that couldn't speak but was still attempting to seduce a caretaker into letting him eat them. Shame it was one of those "Deleted everything and vanished" cases.
>>
File: boeing_x-32b.jpg (97KB, 777x510px) Image search: [Google]
boeing_x-32b.jpg
97KB, 777x510px
>>51327388
Nothing a fantasy MANPADS-equivalent can't take care of.

Now, what you've really gotta watch out for...
>>
>>51327367
>>51327399
Speaking of which, we have nuclear carriers and nuclear submarines, why did nobody come up with nuclear jet yet?
>>
>>51327441
We're working on it.
http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/compact-fusion.html
>>
>>51327441
Uranium reactors are essentially xbox hueg steam turbines that produce a ton of toxic waste and can cause a nuclear incident should they meltdown/explode. Even ignoring the size and weight the fallout from one of those things blowing up in midair would be a widespread uncontrollable catastrophe.
>>
>>51327441
We did, but it was too horrific for the US Military to be willing to have.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Then, look up Project Pluto, the Convair X-6, and the Convair NB-36H.
>>
File: cropped.png (97KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
cropped.png
97KB, 240x240px
>>51326591
>FOTM anime "dragons" that look just like humans with tails
Get that weeb shit out of here.
>>
File: 1484510399042.jpg (1MB, 2500x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1484510399042.jpg
1MB, 2500x1038px
Which one is better and why?
>>
>>51327625
If I recall my Witcher lore right, then the polish dragon, because he will have a retinue of hit bitches and is willing to share if you're a bro.
>>
File: yR5CW2M.jpg (764KB, 1197x677px) Image search: [Google]
yR5CW2M.jpg
764KB, 1197x677px
>>51327625
None of those.
>>
File: another day in this existence.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
another day in this existence.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>51327617
Better than that repulsive thing and everything like it
>>
File: a fuluscaley&mami.jpg (155KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
a fuluscaley&mami.jpg
155KB, 800x567px
>>51326591
They parade around in human form most of the time in their stupid little perfect village while being complete holier than thou cocknozzles when they aren't lamenting their semi-self exile from the world at large because they dun fucked up in the past so bad that there aren't even any ruins left from that global civilization that they used to run. What was their great downfall? Being holier than thou cocknozzles and thinking they knew best.

Most of the dieties of that world have plans that involve murdering the lot of them.
>>
>>51326591
Dragons' hoard-building behaviors is a perfect example of how the cyclical nature of sexual selection can result in traits that seem maladaptive.

In our own world we can see examples of sexual displays and/or behaviors which only make sense because of sexual selection. A peacock's tail is a hindrance: he cannot fly as well because of it, and yet evolution demands that the peacocks with the largest tails will have the best chances of passing on their genes simply because peahens are attracted to large tails... and peahens who are not as attracted to large tails are selected against because any sons they have will be less able to find mates. This seemingly senseless cycle means that every generation peacocks' tails become more and more of a hindrance to them.

So is it with dragons.

Millions of years ago, the male ancestors of dragons would, like many birds in our world, add shiny objects to their nests to attract a mate. But at the time there was very little to challenge a dragon, and so evolution advanced the species in the only ways it could, by exaggerating their mating behaviors. The compulsion to add pleasing objects to their nests became an obsession for male dragons, as finding a mate with an ornate nest became an obsession for the females.
>>
>>51327625
the immortal sentient time machine that can bend reality by talking
>>
>>51327431
That plane looks happy.
>>
>>51328255
if you were packing what the plane is packing you would look happy too
>>
Eldritch gods who are essentially Deep Ones. Their goal is to breed out all other races and make them all dragon blooded and once they have turned all races dragon blooded they will take the souls of their faithful and march on the Afterworld and conquer all of existence.
>>
>>51326591
why does modern anime do this thing where when the sakuga kicks in, everything gets darker? especially noticeable in the sky.
>>
>>51328528
Dramatic effect.
>>
File: eb1ltEK.jpg (263KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
eb1ltEK.jpg
263KB, 1000x1000px
>>51328255
>>
>>51328528
stop using VLC
>>
>>51327441
Unlimited fuel doesn't make sense for a plane because you have to land anyway when you run out of bombs.
>>
>>51326591
Dragons are a kind of living focal point of the forces that created the natural world. They don't care to talk much with the small, mortal folk, and have no interest in interbreeding. Instead, the draconic taint is more like a mutation picked up from the background radiation of living near a place where Dragons roost.

Each kind of Dragon is made for its environment, or perhaps vice versa. The desert dragon is a great limbless wyrm that swims through the sands and hears a coyote's heartbeat from miles away. The sea dragon is a white beast, jaws the size of islands opening up and swallowing ships whole into a vast valley of razor sharp teeth. The volcanic dragon is honestly just a regular dragon, I dunno, one of them had to be.

The words chosen to represent natural disasters: Typhoon, Inferno, Tornado, Quake, all are taken from the names of the great Dragons. They are the embodiment of nature's wrath.
>>
File: scalebound.jpg (531KB, 1920x720px) Image search: [Google]
scalebound.jpg
531KB, 1920x720px
>>51326591
It's said there used to be so many of them they would've blotted out the sun if it was around. You could chuck a spear into the sky and expect to hit a dragon. Now they live up in the mountains and deep in the jungles. Pretty much the same as in any other setting, except dragons from the Drakewoods Rainforest which are infected with the plague Blackwood. There's also an entire mountain range full of them called Slaughter Mountains, named for the carcasses of elephants, dinosaurs, and other megafauna plucked from the not!Savanna that decorate the slopes.

>>51327625
Dragons aren't real, anon. ;-;

We didn't even know if we could be total bros with our dragon.

>>51328360
A 13-inch cock?
>>
>>51327757
At least it actually looks like a dragon and not someone gluing parts on people.
>>
>>51326591
A human with a reputation, and an evilish post-apocalypse syndicate.
>>
>>51329793
Sadly the world is not ready for kaiju harem anime.
>>
>>51329972
I say Kaiju Harem anime would be too stupid. I mean, in any of those anime does the MC actually DO anything? Besides blushing, bleeding out the noise, and "accidentally" creating blatantant fanservice moments.
>>
Ancient, usually dormant biomechanical war-mechs, with a consciousness split between an organic mind that operates mostly on instinct and a hyper intelligent (occasionally insane) AI that directs its more complex movements and abilities. They're also dragons more in their role as giant, intelligent, and powerful monsters rather than in their actual physical shape.

Each one has a small, self-sustaining, personal fleet of drones that are wholly dedicated to it. They perform maintenance and repairs, go out in search of materials like ants from a hive, and guard the "nest" from smaller enemies through the use of traps.
>>
File: noble-dragons.jpg (57KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
noble-dragons.jpg
57KB, 600x468px
Used Pratchett as my inspiration.

Swamp dragons are tiny little combustible things prone to random explosion

Some of which evolved to feed on magic, eventually becoming the "Noble Dragon" which are the more recognized kind.

The noble dragon cannot sustain its need for magic in the material plane, so they reside in there own plane comprised entirely of dragons. No land or sky or other space at all. Just dragons.
>>
They're Chromatics are children of the mother of Chaos, Tiamat before she was broken into the fiveheaded dragon thing she is now. They're each intrinsically tied to an elemental facet of reality.

In the breaking of Tiamat it made her reflection, who in turn made the Metallic Dragons as reflections of the Chromatics, but distinctly artifical in some capacity.

They're also fucking huge ass flying lizards, part of the OG life in the world before the Giants and mammals came around and fucked shit up. Kaiju battles were a thing in prehistory.
>>
>>51327289
>>51327325
>>51329734

>guise, my dragons are blips in the laws of physics, aren't I so original?
>>
>>51326591
It depends on which setting I'm using. Im my most traditional setting, Dragons are extremely powerful sapient creatures who rule all of creation around them, including the other various sapient creatures (humans). It's not that humans are content with this arrangement, it's that they cannot conceive of the alternative. I think it requires a certain level of common sense and awareness to look at what a dragon is and what it can do and think to yourself "How could things be different from this?"

Dragons themselves have an instinct to surpass their peers and dominate what is around them. They will grow and get stronger forever until a stronger dragon disposes them. This is why they are forbidden from leaving their home plane (It's a bit complex, but the broad strokes is that it's a multiverse setting where there exists a sort of central hub plane where knowledge, matter, and energy are personified and distributed to all other worlds) except in extremely circumstantial cases.
>>
File: 1462687456458.jpg (84KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
1462687456458.jpg
84KB, 500x711px
creatures of pure magic, they are highly intelligent and extremely old. They can shapeshift and actively hide among the other races of the world.

In their draconic form they are massive when fully grown, dwarfing some castles and possibly even small islands.

Their meat and hide are the most valuable of any creature, dragonscale armor is seen as heinous yet is nearly impenetrable and resistant to magic, and the flesh of a dragon is said to be the most delicious.

When a dragon dies its heart can be cut open to reveal a Dragonstone (Often called a bloodstone) that gives the bearer the powers of a dragon (Flight and elemental control) after training and learning how to control it. The longer the dragonstone lies within the dead heart, the more it breaks and crumbles.

The remaining dragon population is small and hidden away, most hiding in plain sight, others in secluded places across the realm. Even in their disguised forms they are extremely powerful, and nigh impervious to all forms of damage.
>>
>>51327441
They did. But it was cancelled because the 24/7 nuke delivery platform role was taken by ICBMs.
>>
File: 1485011824135.jpg (43KB, 599x559px) Image search: [Google]
1485011824135.jpg
43KB, 599x559px
They're creatures corrupted by massive amounts of magical energy. While they sorta retain the dragon-esque figure, they're incapable of sustained flight and are basically mutated reptilian aberrations turned insane by "le evil magic." These dragons are drawn to sources of great power (magic or otherwise) which they will try to consume because insanity. Because of this, the party has to be constantly on the move or they risk being hunted down.
They're still pretty intelligent and capable of negotiation, but have lost any motivations beyond kill, eat, destroy.
>>
File: rathalos.jpg (175KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rathalos.jpg
175KB, 1280x1024px
>>51327625
Is this best wvyern contest
>>
File: MHGen-Astalos_Render_001.png (724KB, 1136x830px) Image search: [Google]
MHGen-Astalos_Render_001.png
724KB, 1136x830px
>>51332613

>Hurr Durr King of the skies

How does it feel to get punked in front of your bitch?
>>
File: knight must kill the dragons.jpg (28KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
knight must kill the dragons.jpg
28KB, 480x600px
I hate them

I wish I could kill them all
>>
>>51327625
>only one of these is an actual dragon
wyvernfags gtfo
>>
They come in all shapes and sizes but are bascially whole embodiments of natural law, worshipped as guardians that make sure the other nature spirits do their jobs. Nature doesn't just mean pretty flowers, it also means upholding and maintaining linear time, gravity, and so on.
>>
File: Rescue the donk.jpg (393KB, 662x888px) Image search: [Google]
Rescue the donk.jpg
393KB, 662x888px
A dragon isn't a dragon unless there's a dragon donk.
>>
Big crocodiles
>>
File: image.jpg (246KB, 1600x805px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246KB, 1600x805px
They are natural organisms produced by evolution, just like all life in the setting. For this reason, dragons are extremely diverse and widespread.

They are a class of chordates marked by being primitively endothermic, capable of safely digesting or rejecting almost any substance, having 6 limbs, and having extremely complex digestive systems and acidic defense mechanisms. All dragons are dull in color, usually grey or brown, and they tend to be slimy and bulbous. The most dragonlike look like LOTR's fell beasts. Dragons are highly intelligent, being beaten only by primates. Most are individualistic and rebellious.

Flying dragons are rare, most flying dragons are small predators that rely more on muscle and claw than on vomit, while there are a handful of large flying dragons left fighting against extinction. Greater than the flying dragons are the ground dragons, which are typically further on the evolutionary tree. They can grow much larger, even to the size of horses, and they are built for vomiting. Some ground dragons commit double digit percentages of their body volume to their vomiting apparatus. There are sapient ground dragons which have shown to be capable of communicating and working with humans. The largest dragons are Glygûrwyrms, which are also the longest terrestrial organism, capable of vomiting extreme distances and swallowing goats whole.

The most highly evolved of dragons are not called as such. These beings are known as Hammak, which look more like Mystics from The Dark Crystal. Hammak are slightly less intelligent than humans, and the most widespread and accepted of non-human races. They are slow waddling sacks of ultra-developed organs that can separate and identify chemicals with precision. They are important to human history for their contributions in science and philosophy. Hammak have evolved to survive attacks rather than attack others, being more formidable foes than their ugly and fat appearance suggests.
>>
Ancient bio weapons designed by a precursor race to protect their civilization from a threat they hoped never to return. They also make really nice guard dogs for areas the upper-class saw fit to program them to defend. They're mostly waking up due to various reasons one of the major ones is to stop tomb robbing and raiding of the ruins they were built to defend.
>>
>>51326591
Dragons in my games are usually cute little girls.
Sometimes they are brown little girls.
>>
File: 19_2[1].jpg (15KB, 780x470px) Image search: [Google]
19_2[1].jpg
15KB, 780x470px
>>51326591

I've done the same thing in a few different games. Real Dragons are unique, individual creatures of extreme power and generally isolationist behavior. Two different dragons aren't just different colors, they'll look, act, and function completely differently, from a tremendous multilegged snapping turtle that carves out canyons with its blowtorch breath to a tremendous snipe eel that breathe a cloud of corrosive mist that renders humanoids soft and squishy enough to slurp through its tiny mouth and into its mile-long digestive tract. They're incredibly intelligent and can often speak the human tongue, even if it's centuries out of date. They practice a form of Lamarckian evolution in the egg, which is when they are at their most invulnerable, adapting to whatever environment they incubate in. One faction in the first game I ran had taken a dragon egg and put it on top of a flying island surrounded by sun-crystals and mirrors to focus as much sunlight on it as possible in an attempt to create an apocalyptic weapon for their cult.

They are all hermaphroditic, with no drive towards sexual reproduction. They can asexually reproduce, creating litters of "lesser dragons", things like wyverns, wyrms, drakes, and jabberwocks, which are about as intelligent as smart dogs. As for reproducing with each other, they have no biological urge to, and there's a secondary reason why it's a very bad idea for them.

Originally, all dragons were one dragon, the first and greatest dragon, virtually omnipotent, who the gods ripped into pieces to create all the other dragons. The first generation of dragons was the most numerous, and also the most weak. Dragon reproducing with dragon produces a creature stronger than either parent, as it it closer to the original dragon, and the only thing a dragon really fears is another dragon. It's also incredibly draining for a dragon to create a true dragon egg, and the chick will usually make its comatose dam its first meal.

1/2
>>
>>51331755
>original
Um... No? I'm almost 99% certain that I ripped that shit from either Skyrim or NGE. It might've been Receiver too, with all the talk of 'Reality A/B' and how we're all just projections of minds or something.

Point is, it's totally not original, I just thought it sounded fun when I came across the concept.
>>
File: 1470719860946.jpg (253KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1470719860946.jpg
253KB, 2048x1350px
For those reasons, dragons very seldom reproduce, and when one gets its into its head to mate it's often out of madness or spite, because the chick will grow to be a great danger to the sire as well as the dam. Because, as I said, pregnancy usually kills the mother, no dragon will submit to carrying an egg willingly, and is generally forced by losing a battle with the sire or due to some outside interference like human wizards being typically thoughtless. In theory, if you bred enough dragons together and pushed the generations far enough (which would take centuries even if you bred each drakling the moment it reached sexual maturity), you would have the original, first dragon back. Then you would probably die and it would go on to consume all other dragons.

Because, obviously, most true dragons hate other true dragons, they tend to avoid them and live isolated lives in their own demesnes, frequently spawning lesser creatures to act as their minions and even bring them food. A lazy dragon is a happy dragon. Some compulsively collect treasure, but that is less out of greed and more because it's an esoteric component of their diet and makes their armor more potent or their breath more hurty.

As for humans, their view on them varies. One game I ran had a dragon that was completely sterile and unable to reproduce at all, not even enough to make lesser dragons, so it adopted fleeing human refugees and taught them how to manipulate fire with magic, creating a tribe of itinerant dragon-worshiping pyromancers as minions. Another basically just wanted to doze at the bottom of the sea and grow fat and only woke up when overfishing meant that its lesser drakes weren't able to bring it food. Then it complained and threatened to wash away every coastal city in its "territory". The snipe eel one ate very little but humans, because it views them as an apex predator and that by consuming them it sets itself above them in the food chain. One was a city.

2/2
>>
File: that's awesome anon.jpg (19KB, 384x239px) Image search: [Google]
that's awesome anon.jpg
19KB, 384x239px
>>51333303
>>
File: A_dragon.png (61KB, 346x303px) Image search: [Google]
A_dragon.png
61KB, 346x303px
>>
>>51327617
>Etheross
Dammit anon, I just finished fapping!
>>
>>51327111
>>51327233

You're both right. The OGs who discovered the First Flame and claimed the power of fire for itself became, if not gods, something very close to it. Gwyn, the First Lord, was basically a god and worshipped as a god and called a god and lived in the "city of the gods" and shot down dragons with sick mass lightning bolt barrages.

Seath was jealous that he didn't have the scales of immortality despite being a dragon and was basically an ugly mutant, so he sold out the other dragons to Gwyn & Company in exchange for power. He then invented sorcery and became something called a "true undead" where he essentially couldn't die and regenerated all damage unless you smashed the magic crystal he'd created, a bit like a dracolich. He also managed to be a lot more evil than most Souls bosses.
>>
>>51333476

Get the fuck outta here with your chiaroscuro shading
>>
>>51327431

Meme plane.
>>
>>51327757

At least it's not a moe moe dyke.
>>
They are concentrated sin.

In my current setting, when someone dies their soul tries to pass through a cosmic veil to another realm that lies beyond it. Most fail and are bounced back to the world to be reincarnated, where they will eventually die again and repeat the process. Only by attaining enlightenment in life can your soul then pass on to the other side of the veil after you die.

Thing is, every time your soul tries to "fit" through the "gaps" in the veil, it scrapes off bits and pieces of sin that the veil's gaps won't allow through. These bits of sin slowly congeal into a single blob, until they eventually reach critical mass and form into a dragon soul. The dragon soul then travels into the world and where it is born.

While every dragon possess all sins in abundance, there is usually one that they favor over the others and that sin defines what abilities it possesses. A dragon of envy, for example, can see through the eyes of others. A dragon of pride has a magically compelling voice, a dragon of gluttony can devour magic to become more powerful, and so on.
>>
>>51333538
>Seath was jealous that he didn't have the scales of immortality despite being a dragon and was basically an ugly mutant,
Bitch aint got no legs either
>>
>>51327076
I did it because it would be funny haha I wonder what yoshi eggs smell like haha.
>>
>>51329760
unrelated to the thread, but what is scalebound about? All I can imagine it as is a long Beats(tm) commercial where you play music and fight giant monsters with other people wearing Beats(tm)
>>
>>51327674
>Japanese game built like an american game styled after European mythology.
That's what it takes.
>>
>>51333837
I think it was supposed to be like The Last Guardian for XBros. :^)

I'm not really sure, the most I've heard is you have a huge fucking dragon and you kick ass and take names. I don't own an XBox, but I still wanted to hear about this game.
>>
>>51326591
They're sort of like Manakete with a twist.

Basically humanoid with dragon features, and an alternate draconic form that they can shift into at-will.

Also, they're literally allergic to defeat. If they get beaten bad enough, it causes them to revert back to their human form, but their body keeps trying to change again, but fails, causing extremely painful scales to half-form and burst out of their skin.

Other than that, they're all greedy fucks who sleep on beds made of gold and enjoy the finer things in life, have hundreds of kobold servants, and are generally much more cliche because that's how I roll.
>>
>>51333801

Come back when you're old enough to legally be on this website.
>>
I think I mentioned a little while ago, in a semi-unrelated thread that got Archived on suptg, my ideas for Dragons (and Elementals, which was more on topic for the thread), but I'll reprise it here, just for other people to steal if they like.

"Dragon" isn't a species of animal, or even really a genus. "Dragon" can actually refer to a number of organisms that, if we use our earth-like taxonomy, would be an Order of Organisms: Megareptilia, defined as an order of Large, Carnivorous Reptiles.

Observe the Serpentia Fuegus, or the "Fire Dragon". Native to the wet, marshy, and rough south-eastern reaches of Caliburn, it has evolved to be almost perpetually in flight, lifted by two great helium sacs run down either side of the body. These helium sacs are quite vulnerable to piercing implements, provided one can get close enough to reach them, and Fire Dragon meat and organs make up a large part of the native Teifeian cuisine. Some particularly brave orcs even eat the specialized glands that the Fire Dragon uses to produce it's breath weapon: a directed stream of Nitromethane ignited by striking the grooved inner edges of their teeth together while shooting the stream out of specialized organs in their mouths.

Now, holding that in mind as a member of the Order of Dragons, observe the Earth Dragon: It possesses no breath weapon, nor even Haliatosis. Where the Fire Dragon has no legs, the Earth Dragon has six; And rather than flying, the Earth Dragon has shown a amusing habit of attempting to climb trees which inevitably shatter under the three-story tall reptile. It's suspected the behavior comes from the common ancestor to the Dragons, which is theorized to have been a Roosting Bird related to the Pheonix and the Roc. Earth Dragons are prized for their hides, which presented one of the strongest means of armoring a man until the advent of Gunpowder, at which point special weapons had to be made to pierce a hide three times the strength of steel. [CONT]
>>
>>51334402
[CONT.]

Outside of Fire Dragons and Earth Dragons, how many species of Dragon are there? Well, scientifically speaking, 146 species of Dragon are documented within the Order, not including the Wyvern which has long been a point of contention (What, precisely, constitutes "large"? Wyverns can grow to be over 8 feet long, but most scientists contend that most species of dragon are commonly /born/ at that size.). However, in the common vernacular, most people refer to approximately 7 species of Dragon, with the species of Wyverns making nineteen depending on who you ask. Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Black, Azure, and Cave.

Water Dragons, a family of 13 species, are aquatic reptiles that have been recorded at wild, unthaumatically altered sizes of up to three kilometers. They feed on schools of Saltwater Archfish and Sea Monkeys, but will eat any sizable grouping of large fish. Fleets of ships have been hunted by Water Dragons, who utilize a specialized organ in the back of their mouth to fire a directed depth charge known to crack solid steel. However, intrepid wizards be warned; Water Dragons to not do well outside of the deep ocean, as they have gills, and not lungs.

Air Dragons are the closest related to Fire Dragons, being one of the few types of Dragon to share not only the Order but the Family as well. Rather than use large hydrogen sacs to allow for flight, Air Dragons have three massive sets of wings and a pair of small legs. Usually measuring in at approx. 15 meters long, the Air Dragon is one of the smallest types of Dragon, and usually subsists on a diet of birds stunned by it's directed sonic blasts.

Black Dragons are one of the most lethal kind of Dragon. Despite being almost a full story high, these Dragons are shockingly stealthy, using their mottled black hide to blend in with their native swamp. Even if you survive the bite, the Black Dragon's venom will quickly liquefy your organs, turning most animals into a easily consumed goo. [CONT]
>>
>>51334512
[CONT.]

Azure Dragons are some of the largest dragons, a interesting variation on the Megafauna generally associated with the dwarvish mountains of Kathudum. An Azure Dragon has no breath weapon, as it would be a waste of resources desperately needed to inflate it's size larger and larger. While still dwarfed by the Roc, the Azure Dragon can reach the towering height of three /hundred/ meters, and unsuspecting travelers have found themselves terrified by the hill they were traveling over suddenly sprouting wings and attempting to fly away. Azure Dragons, contrary to their massive size, are quite cowardly, and like Earth Dragons tend to be largely herbivorous, though they have been noted to eat the corpses of any megafauna in lean times. Dwarven tradition states that hanging the knucklebone of an Azure Dragon over one's wedding bed makes the matrimony unbreakable: the implication being that if the bond is severed, the rope is too, sending the knucklebone to crush both husband and wife!

Finally, the Cave Dragon, and one of the most intriguing types of Dragon. The Cave Dragon, like most cave creatures, is blind, leading to an interesting example of evolution: A dragon which "sees" through it's own breath weapon. The Cave Dragon's Clicks can be heard almost 6 kilometers away through solid stone, and can stun any unsuspecting animal not prepared for the thunderous emanation. The Cave Dragon, however, is a interesting mix of Fungivorous and Lithovorus: A Cave Dragon grinds the stone of the tunnel it resides in into a fine dust, which it ingests and then expels, "farming" fungi which it then eats for nutrition. Cave Dragon Fertilizer is highly prized as one of the most lucrative fertilizers even into the modern day. Kathadum makes over 30% of their GDP of exports of Cave Dragon Fertilizer, as one of the world's leading exporters of Dragon Dung.
>>
Switzerland dragons.
>>
Well, they're from space. They're feathered, with stag antlers. And sometimes have the body of a cat.
>>
>>51327426
>Shame it was one of those "Deleted everything and vanished" cases.
I hate it when that happens. It's like all my favorite artists just decided to have a mass suicide or something one day.
>>
File: cvip2hnueaasnb9.jpg-large.jpg (39KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
cvip2hnueaasnb9.jpg-large.jpg
39KB, 600x315px
>>51327617
They shapeshift, you dunkass
>>
>>51326591
Dragons are a rare sight in my main setting, usually only living their mountaintop/underwater/jungle/glacial layers to either lead an army to go punk some bitches or to travel to the southern continent to help the natives out with their issues.
They possess a mixture of wisdom, animalistic cunning and knowledge built up from their long lives that make them very difficult opponents. They're a little smaller then your typical DnD dragons, but are also more magically inclined with all Dragons knowing a few sorcerer spells. Colour doesn't affect alignment, but the Dragons believe Chromatic dragons were made to be destroyers and pillagers while Metallic Dragons are more suited to leading and conquering.
The natives of the Southern continent, the Dragonborn, Lizardfolk and Kobolds of my world, worship Dragons as demigods, created by the big dragon gods as an amalgamation of the souls of 100 Dragonborn in order to defeat an evil empire that was going to wipe out the Dragonborn. The Kobolds were protype Dragons and can be divided into two types- Urd Kobolds, who have wings and are traditionally seen as good and noble, having been heroes who fought with the Dragons to free the Dragonborn and Demiurd Kobolds, who were a generation of Kobolds that go corrupted.
This corruption was caused by a bunch of Dragons, collectively known as the Dark Talons, who tried to usurp the Dragon god. They disturbed an ancient ritual that was conducted every 100 years that let the Dragon god into the mortal world for an hour to give advice and perform rituals. This attack on the ritual led to the Dragon god being so heavily injured, he fell into a coma that his worshippers believe he still hasn't woken up from. Luckily, his last act before falling asleep was to petrify the Dark Talons as solid silver statues as an example.

PART ONE
>>
>>51334741
Outside the southern continent, however, dragons are less favourably viewed. The inhabitants of the northern see dragons as ruthless foes, who strike from seemingly nowhere and often seem to be found at the head of armies of monsters, or at least make the work easier for them. As such, dragons are thought to be the creation of the northern version of the Dragon god, the god of predators, adaption and nature's harsher aspects, who sits on the Council of Hate in the Nine Hells equivalent.
Dwarves and Halflings (collectively known as the Kindred) have a intense hatred and fear of dragons, due to the way a dragon lead an army of giants, illithids and other nasties out of a bunch of cursed mountains that destroyed the large and ancient dwarf-halfling kingdom, and sent them as refugees into the lands of humans and goblinoids.
To the inhabitants of various island archipelagos to the east and north of the two continents, dragons are a rare myth, capable of wiping out the population of entire islands in a day or sinking ships with a single breath. The dragons, like the giants, are evil nature spirits to them, that can only be defeated by the greatest of heroes.

PART TWO AND FINISH
>>
File: 1446007555815.jpg (77KB, 536x679px) Image search: [Google]
1446007555815.jpg
77KB, 536x679px
>>51326591
They're unknowable eldritch abominations. The universe that the PCs are in is the dying dream that one of them is having in the hopes of dreaming up something that can save it.
>>
>>51326591
>Be my world
>Have literal paradise on earth
>Fertile land, rich in minerals, large forest regions
>All due to magical places like faerie circles and sacred wells where the stuff of creation seeps into reality, enriching the surrounding landscape
>Two kingdoms start fighting over it
>Start to use magical weaponry
>Blow up magical places because of scorched earth strategy
>Paradise becomes uninhabitable hellhole as reality becomes twisted by violent magical radiation
>Animals, mostly reptiles and snakes, that didn't get instantly vaporised by magical nukes are changed by radiation
>Are elevated to sapience and spellcastery
>Become so powerful and intelligent that human tribes start worshipping them as patron deities
>Constantly on the prowl for more magic to absorb and hoard magical items
>Can be benevolent or assholes, but always view lesser mortals as beneath their status
>Capable of shapeshifting
>>
File: 1485020177427.png (117KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
1485020177427.png
117KB, 394x394px
>>51327617
Too lewd
>>
>>51327625
poland >>> japan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> skyman
>>
>>51327625
Who is the one on the right and what game?
>>
>>51329793
>>51333597
Why are you defending furshit?
>>
>>51333597
>Being this much of a faggot
>>
File: vd.jpg (127KB, 640x487px) Image search: [Google]
vd.jpg
127KB, 640x487px
Dragons are the primeval forces of the Before given form. They appear when massive amounts of elemental energy seep into the physical world and are given life. When the material plane was still being formed, this was a common occurrence. The ancient, savage dragons that were born as a result would routinely battle with each other and it was through the deaths of these dragons that the universe came to be. Fire Dragons became stars, Earth Dragons became planets and, as they did, they stabilized the material plane, meaning less primal energy seeped in, meaning dragons got smaller and weaker. Eventually, there were Water Dragons that became the oceans, Air Dragons that became the sky, and so on. Now, dragons are incredibly rare and tend to be small and weak when they do appear. Still, if one was exposed to a greater source of power, such as magic, it might learn to harness it and grow very powerful indeed.
>>
>all these sapient ancient scale beasts to magical realm
christ.
no. I much prefer extreme K-strategy apex predators, typically of wildly varying design, toward a more genuinely medieval design. None of this escalation stuff either. No mountain sized monsters. The largest would be the size of a van.
>>
File: 1456009275455.jpg (134KB, 777x701px) Image search: [Google]
1456009275455.jpg
134KB, 777x701px
>>51341346
They're shit unless primitive man can breed the smaller ones to become loyal animal companions.
>>
>>51340576
What about a moe is attractive to you? Is it the lack of a nose? The eyes the size of dinner plates? The Charlie Brown head proportions? Their ability to talk without moving their chin? The flounder mouth?
>>
File: boston-flounder-01.jpg (182KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
boston-flounder-01.jpg
182KB, 1000x667px
>>51342416
>What about a moe is attractive to you?
It's not attractive, it's just cute.

>Is it the lack of a nose?
Noses are for real men, not fictional girls.
>The eyes the size of dinner plates?
Lunch plates, actually.
>The Charlie Brown head proportions?
Peanuts is fucking based.
>Their ability to talk without moving their chin?
What, you move your chin?
>The flounder mouth?
Kawaii desu~
>>
File: v is normal.jpg (293KB, 861x467px) Image search: [Google]
v is normal.jpg
293KB, 861x467px
>>51334021
I think that was a reference.
>>
>>51342509
>What, you move your chin?
I like you. I'll stop bothering everyone with my questions now.
>>
>>51326591
They are manifestations of powerful greed and immeasurable pride, constructed from literally nothing by a pure maliciousness of incredibly immoral human being and possession of particularly powerful spirit from a Realm of Dreams, where lies subconsciousness of all mankind. They are incredibly rare, but INCREDIBLY powerful creatures, and luckily for a world, can't appear in a Material World. At least, not in a magic-poor regions, which is about 99% of whole world.
tl;dr: Dragons are like a Daemon Princes - rare, unique and very powerful evil beings
>>
>In the book I'm writing
Medieval society based more on a series of "worthy" bloodlines than one or two "noble" ones. Van-sized, but still manage to lose wars quite often. Their leadership is a complete and total pain in the ass while trying to negotiate what to do with them, and a fair amount of people in the US government wind up supporting the assassination of the nobility after a certain point.

>In my D&D setting
Dragons are one of the older races, and were the result of an argument over what the "coolest" creature would be between the two living overgods. Eventually, they compromised between "huge scary lizard" and "giant bird of prey", giving us the winged giant lizards we all know and love.

Their lust for gold comes from a terrible deal Tiamat and Bahamut made with the goddess of greed, which cursed them all to have mild hordelust, a magical curse which is best described as "being addicted to gaining wealth." Only a few dragons are mentally strong enough to resist this curse, and they typically spend their time in aesthetic monasteries. The rest behave like fairly typical D&D dragons.
>>
>>51333303
Do they wear traditional dresses with rich colorful embroidery?
>>
>>51331755
Mine is a take-off on the Godzilla lore. Seemed fresher than tiamat and bahomet and elemental chaos.
>>
>>51331755
I hate this shit so much.

>Incredibly powerful entity built out of the fundamental forces of the universe

>sounds cool what does it look like?

>20 color coded variations of "lizard with wings"
>>
DWARF FORTRESS DRAGONS

Dragons are green, scaly, firebreathing, semi-magical, and dumb, but don't have wings. They love shiny things. One nation of dwarves was wiped out because they were sitting on a massive silver mine, which the dragons took over.

Also, there are cave dragons. They're a little smaller than surface dragons, don't breathe fire, are white, and have huge colorful neck frills. These frills are good for intimidating forgotten beasts.
>>
File: fat moth.jpg (39KB, 442x392px) Image search: [Google]
fat moth.jpg
39KB, 442x392px
>>51343300
That's why you gotta make them look like different things.

I'm >>51329734 and I based part of my lore on this article I read somewhere detailing how dragons in each real world culture tend to reflect a deeper anxiety about how humans and nature interact. It pointed out that in medieval portraits of european dragons, they don't tend to be just bat-winged lizards that breath fire but strange creatures with eyes all over them, dozens of heads and wings, claws coming out of everywhere. Sorta like the reverse of how Angels are described in the scripture.

With that in mind, I decided to make the dragons of each locale unique to that setting, turning them into sandworms or megalodons or the classic asian serpent as necessary.

I really wanted to do a moth dragon but I couldn't really justify it to myself as anything but having a bit of fun.
>>
>>51330709
Basically half elemental force, half motherfucking dinosaurs.
>>
>>51333661
How' it feeeel, Seath?
>>
>>51326591
I play shadowrun.
They're closer to old gods than giant reptiles.
They also can shapeshift into mortal forms, own most of the world through corporate machinations, and are notorious for tying up any loose ends in brutal and definite terms.
You can't really kill them either. A nuke, magical or otherwise, is more if an inconvenience to them than anything.
There is a saying in the setting; "Never cut a deal with a dragon." It's about the dumbest choice you could make.
>>
>>51343822
To be a bitch?
>>
>>51326745
Yep, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid has an anime this season.
>>
There are seven of them, styled around the sins 'cus I'm a sucker for that shit.

Greed: Is in her most recent cave, collecting whatever it is she wants this century

Gluttony: Is the reason you do not swim in the Great Sea

Wrath: Will destroy the world, hence why he is behind looked after by

Sloth: Who can't wake up for more than a few hours before Wrath wakes up too.

Pride: Is currently the emperor of a prosperous civilization. His palace has very high ceilings.

Lust: Is still trying to find the perfect mate. Unfortunately their ability to shapeshift means they have to try everyone.

Envy: Is dead. With good cause.

R8 and h8 m8s
>>
>>51331755
god fuck off
>>
>>51340415
Because he doesn't know it's cropped porn.
Also because those shows always use little girls as fetish targets.
>>
>>51344038
>There are seven of them, styled around the sins 'cus I'm a sucker for that shit.
>Greed: Is in her most recent cave, collecting whatever it is she wants this century
Reasonable. Should be running some kind of corrupt business.
>Gluttony: Is the reason you do not swim in the Great Sea
So whirlpool with teeth?
>Wrath: Will destroy the world, hence why he is behind looked after by
>Sloth: Who can't wake up for more than a few hours before Wrath wakes up too.
So is it like Wrath has been enchanted to only be able to gain consciousness when sloth is awake?
>Pride: Is currently the emperor of a prosperous civilization. His palace has very high ceilings.
It should.
>Lust: Is still trying to find the perfect mate. Unfortunately their ability to shapeshift means they have to try everyone.
Sounds like an excuse for the party to run into it.
>Envy: Is dead. With good cause.
And what is that cause?
>>
File: raging kemeter.png (365KB, 471x472px) Image search: [Google]
raging kemeter.png
365KB, 471x472px
>>51326591
They're the warped decendants of early fey beasts (dinosaurs) from the first age that were shackled, mutilated, and essentially eugenics'd into beasts of war by the first deific man when he declared war on the fey in the age of myth. Mostly they're unintelligent creatures who range in size from that of a pony to the size of of schoolbus, but there are a few that are a bit bigger, and some of them have a cursory intelligence akin to a human child, but cannot speak. Most of them are wyvern style with two feet and two wings that also function as forelimbs, but considering that they're all essentially mutants in a way, there is a lot of variance. A lot of them can breathe a napalm-like fire, spit venom, or have venomous bites, but they don't have intrinsic magical properties or elemental affinity.

Most people have never seen one before, because the remainder of them live in the far north, but the elves sometimes hunt them down because they're essentially unnatural invasive species.

There was a "dragon" who showed up in one city to essentially rule it as a tyrant for a whole human generation before being dislodged, but it was something else entirely that the folk simply recognized as a dragon because it shared similar physical characteristics. Really it was more like some sort of aberrant outsider demigod.
>>
>>51344366

>Greed
I wanted to play with a few more dragon cliches and hording is one of them Gold is a bit dull though so what she hordes varies.

>Gluttony
Leviathan, more Scylla than Charybdis

>Wrath & Sloth
Just part of Sloth's powers, when she sleeps he does too.

>Lust
Wanted to avoid full on magical realm, hence the lack of gender. Also deals with the cliche that EVERYTHING has a half dragon version.

>Envy
The other dragons dealt with him,they don't talk about it. Its deliberately vague why and how because a bit of mystery is nice even if it's to cover the GM still working out his setting.
>>
Bioengineering mishaps created by the roughshod and haphazard terraforming of the planet. They can't fly, but if a giant, lizardlike thing is trying to eat you and you don't know what a Dinosaur is "a fucking dragon" is a close-enough approximation.
>>
>>51344540
That's pretty cool. Are they having the same sort of difficulty readjusting to non-domestic life as some species of dog do, or are they non-dependent on humans enough for it to not matter?
>>
>>51344830
So are they dragons or dinosaurs?
>>
>>51333476

Holy fuck, it's been at least 10 years since I've seen that picture.
>>
>>51344830
>>51345647
Maybe they're large aquatic reptiles?
>>
File: BrimstoneDragon.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BrimstoneDragon.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
>>51326591
Dragons were one of, if not THE first sentient race to have emerged. During the Ancient Era (which spans several millenia), pretty much every nation of note was ruled over by a dragon, and this was an age of monumental progress and the age is romanticised as the best age to live in. Spoiler alert, it wasn't, but technology did advance to future-fantasy levels, of which, some still remain.

Then some event happened and most dragons died, still working on what exactly, but I'm leaning towards dragons getting a little too close to divinity for the gods' comfort. That or science experiment gone horribly wrong.

Since then, dragons are incredibly rare, and tend to stick to themselves.
>>
>>51333837
It's about Kamiya getting shit canceled due to lack of social skills.
>>
My dragons were a race of immortal god-kings who created a glorious age the likes of which the world has not seen before or since.

They're pretty much all dead now.
>>
>>51327076

>awkward and fatal sexual advances
>sexual
>vore
Do the human race in general and your players in particular a favor
>>
Outwardly I play dragons as mostly rather upstanding and proper types. All of them act like nobility of one type or another with this whole complicated web of familial relations, favors, grudges and the like.

They hold themselves to high standards of decorum and polite society, focusing on civility and politeness and doing things properly.

Which is mostly a self imposed mask to cover that deep down they are intelligent, but deeply savage beings who would like nothing more than to personally wreck shit in combat, followed by obsessively hoarding every shiny object in a 10 mile radius and/or fucking each other's brains out in town square.

Basically a bunch of shut ins with a self-repressive culture to try and keep things stable but which sometimes builds up until there's a sudden explosion of violent and/or sexual energy, and people who see under the mask in more peaceful circumstances can be very surprised what dragons are like in private rather than public.
>>
I've only had one dragon in my campaign so far but I played him as a bit of a dork. Basically a lovable NEET who spent his life tucked away happily turning his lair into the ultimate kobold city with the obsessive care and attention to detail of a model train fanatic.
>>
My dragons are post-humans with limited reality warping capacities who seeded humanity on the planet because they were attacked and had to shift from their dragon bodies to human ones to escape. The dead bodies of the dragons that didn't survive the attack remain, holding secret knowledge that can unlock people's ability to access certain kinds of magic if they graft it into their own flesh.
>>
>>51333538
>He also managed to be a lot more evil than most Souls bosses.
Seath wasn't so much evil as he was bitter at the scaled dragons and then driven mad (and blind) by researching and using the crystals. The exact timeline isn't known but it's not farfetched to think that kidnapping maidens and turning them into monsters and all that happened after/as a part of him going insane. The same thing happens to Logan at the end of his quest. Stay clear from the crystals folks.
>>
>>51353067
someone's mad
>>
>>51343038
They normally don't wear anything
>>
Dragons are a creation of the gods and the ousider races to eliminate humankind, illithidae, half-elves, half-orcs, elan, and other beings with actual souls.

The dragons have rebelled and are quietly and carefully assisting the souled beings in destroying the gods and the outsiders, or at least removing their ability to influence the material planes.

The dragons rebelled because they have been observing, and have noticed things with souls generally destroy anything they perceive as a threat eventually, even if it takes generations of reincarnation for them to develop the abilities and power to do so.
>>
They're the original living beings of one of the three worlds in the setting. The worlds were apart for millenia until the dragons flew through space to the "Prime Material", which made the Titans residing there aware of the other worlds. Titans proceeded to create portals and fuck over the dragons.

Hence, the original, most powerful dragons are dead, imprisoned or very deep in hiding. Their world is hellish due to the leftover Titan magics and populated by all kinds of lesser dragonspawn who have also spread to the other worlds through the portals.

Dragonspawn come in a stupid amount of variety and a bunch of them have evolved into humanoid or partially humanoid shapes. Since they carry this essence of dragons in their souls, all dragonkin have the potential to ascend closer to true dragons.
So basically a dragonkin that amasses enough power cocoons up and emerges bigger and badder than before but their minds become more alien, less self-aware or perhaps self-aware in a different way.

The appearance of dragons varies a lot and especially the ascended dragons you find seldom look like cookie-cutter D&D dragons, some are oceanbound leviathans, some are tentacled masses of teeth living in a swamp etc.
>>
File: 466571839.jpg (116KB, 535x320px) Image search: [Google]
466571839.jpg
116KB, 535x320px
Since this is a thread about dragons I thought it related enough to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6grLJyqIM8E

tldr; The concept of dragons are the combination of our ancestors three biggest predator nemesis, the bird/raptor, the large carnivorous feline/mammal and the snake. The concept of a dragon is therefore a defence mechanism engraved in our dna since our oldest ancestors, dating long before our monkey stage. This would explain the common universal concept of dragons in old civilizations on different continents and so forth.

Thoughts /tg/?
>>
>>51354885
l-lewd...
>>
>>51344080

here's three words
>>
Iron titans that cast powerful magic from their furnace heart.

They used to be intelligent, until a trickster god stole their speech and gave it to humans. Now they're terribly powerful beings who are just on the verge of understanding that they've lost something important, and that humans are at fault.
>>
>>51327441
Because when it crashes or is shot down it fucks over everything for kilometers around the impact site.
>>
>>51329633
VLC media player? If so. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>51326591
Current setting only has one.

He's large enough that if you're standing beneath him, his wings reach all the way to the horizon. Ice forms on his wings and body and falls to the earth in great sheets and chunks, making him the setting's only ice storm. He's become something of a portent of doom among various cultures, particularly among the lizardfolk who live on the western edge of the world.

He's actually supposed to belong to a class of beings who's power drives them mad, but I'm having trouble figuring out a decent personality defect for him. Straight-up insane would work, but that's boring. I'd like something that promoted more interesting interaction.
>>
>>51356826
Being so massive, what if he thought that he was the only being in existence, and getting his attention to begin with is a feat?
>>
File: Grigori.jpg (66KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
Grigori.jpg
66KB, 1280x600px
>>51327625
>>
>>51328528
1. shadows are more dramatic-looking than normal daylight.

2. It emphasizes just how fucking bright the lights in the scene are. It looks a bit tacky in my opinion, but I guess it works.
>>
>>51356991
Where's the webm of that one guy using the 1-hit-kill arrow on that dragon?
>>
File: giphy.gif (326KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
326KB, 500x269px
>>51356944
Definitely better than any ideas I've had so far. I'll have to think on that one.

Makes it simpler to get some of the other world players involved as well. The dragon blundering into something important would be kind of a big deal and would throw wrenches into the plans of several very powerful people.

The more I think on it the more I like it.
>>
File: 1874779.jpg (356KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1874779.jpg
356KB, 1920x1200px
>>51326591
I like to do two type of dragons: hexapodal and tetrapodal.
When I do hexapod dragons, they are always intelligent, sapient beings. I'll take the time to sketch out a backstory and personality. Some dragons are evil, some just want to be left in peace, most are extremely greedy(comes with being a dragon) but all are intelligent.
I want them to be encounters with more options to the party than "fight." They can negotiate or talk their way out of danger. Assuming they haven't just spent the past few hours banging up the dragon's lair and killing his guards.
Tetrapodal dragons I use are non-sapient beasts. They're clever in a fight and can have their own social packs, but not intelligent enough to hold a conversation. Basically, giant flying velociraptors. With breath weapons.
These are generally just combat encounters.
Incidentally, intelligent hexapodal dragons do enjoy keeping tetrapodal dragons around their lairs as pets to guard their treasure while they sleep/foray out into the world.
>>
>>51326591
A dragon the size of a mountain straight up REKT everything a long time ago, and created the continents on the planet.

Not many dragons have been seen since. I have let my players meet dragons in human form, but have not informed them. They are just supernatural feeling people who shake the players down trying to steal their magical relics. To eat. They eat relics to power huge magical reactors inside of themselves so they can flex their power when they need to.
>>
>>51326591
They are all but extinct, and more like a force of nature in earthly form than living things. They could be considered native outsiders of good and evil in D&D terms.

The few that are left take residence on an elysium in the center of one of the drifting continents, which was raised up by the guardian deity of the continent for their benefit. The border is respected and they do not get involved in mortal affairs. When shit really hits the fan though and the continent itself is under threat they'll take wing to assist others.
>>
>>51330173
Muh nigger.

In the setting I'm building there's noble dragons that exist within the physical realm because they feed off of the universal magic field that permeates through the world. They can only exist within areas that have a lot of magic (mountains, places where there has been a great amount of death in the past, ect ect) because otherwise their biology starts backfiring as 'reality' kicks in. They have the ability to mentally link with chosen humans/elves/whatever Dragons of Pern-style but they're mortal animals that are able to be killed like anything else.

Swamp dragons are technically the same species, except without evolutionary exposure to magic. Like in Pratchett, they're the size of large cats and tend to explode. They're often kept as pets, and are incredibly ugly-cute.
>>
In my setting, they're creations of the dead creator god Drachius. He created them to be his magnum opus, which he succeeded at greatly.

What makes them interesting (to me at least) is that they have different abilities based on their gender. Male dragons have magic, while female dragons have no magic but they can give birth to dragonborn, which are for the most part loyal to them.
>>
>>51326591
My dragons were intelligent machines designed as luxury products, pets, and trasportation by the old human civilisation. They're mostly gone now, as all that remains of them are their madness-inducing memory cores and a handful of disused factories containing the blueprints for their chassis.
>>
>>51356690
I don't know if it was a meme to cherry pick on /a/, I was just there to talk about my anime and manga, but it seems to have trouble with high speed/motion stuff.

Try Media Player Classic. I usually get it with the CCCodec.
>>
>>51326591
The huge magical smart ones are either long dead or never existed. The jury is out on this one.

What's left are animal species resembling them (drakes, wyverns, etc), a race of therapsid humanoids bearing some of their traits (dragonborn, kobolds, etc), and some members of other species that supposedly bear some element of draconic heritage to them (the ancestral line of the Mor Ghaeren dynasty, most sorcerers, et cetera), as well as a language said to have been invented by them when they were abundant.

Many people have been referred to as dragons through history, either for being one of the above varieties of sapient draconic being, for having skill at handling draconic animals to the point of seemingly being able to convince them to view the individual as one of their own, or for a personality which is commonly attributed to being like that of the ancient, mythical variety of dragons (charismatic, aggressive, warlike and mercurial).

The title "Dragon" is commonly given to the wyvern riding knights of Detrys Vale, and many of the order can be described as having the aforementioned draconic personality as it is ingrained into their historical culture as the ideal way for a knight to carry himself.
>>
>>51358538
>races of therapsid humanoids

Minor correction.
>>
>>51343442
God I fucking hate moths. Having shit like that flutter around is no joke. They could be easily used as for dragons because most moths like light and you could extrapolate that to shiny treasure.
>>
Dragons seen as primodial creatures who incorporate aspects of all following life forms, what kind of attributes can we build in?

They've got scales for the reptiles, wings for birds, the body of a quadrupe mammal.
Maybe adding some sort of larvae, the legless wurm, that later turns into a dragon.
>>
File: komodo_dragons.jpg (81KB, 1030x686px) Image search: [Google]
komodo_dragons.jpg
81KB, 1030x686px
>>51326591

They're into wrestling, no homo
>>
Don't currently have any and I'm debating whether I want some or not, I can't quite figure out how they'd fit in, but in some previous incarnation of my eternal pet-project setting I was thinking of including them
Basically they were gargantuan in size ranging from anywhere between the size of Manhattan to the size of Japan to the size of the Moon or even bigger possibly, extra-terrestial maybe even extra-dimensional beings of immense magic, it permeates them and they produce it I guess and radiate and emanate it around them, they were entirely beyond human comprehension and humans were like ants or even less to them, they basically fly in space for whatever motives they might have, they have an inherent deep hate for their own kind and whenever two meet they just duke it out and kill each other on sight, they frequently claim moons or planets or maybe even entire star systems as their domains and shit
tl;dr to the people of the setting a dragon would be like a cataclysmic natural disaster and the last time one flew past and momentarily stopped on the setting planet it caused something like a bronze age collapse or something and the radiating magic caused all kinds of fucked up among other things awakened some beasts to self-consciousness
>>
Moe is cancer
>>
>>51356451
This. It's like a primordial thing ingrained in our monkey brains which makes them so effective.

I like to draw on that for all kinds of monsters. Imaginability is key and helps create the collective idea for the players, which is so much more immersive.
>>
Well my setting is a work in progress so there may be some changes or additions but here is the basic gist of it.

In the primordial god age there were monstrous chaos serpents that fought with the gods, other monsters and each other.
They had broods of thousands that were weaker but that could manage the transition from the old unstable but very magical era to the new more stable era of mortals.
Depending on where they were hatched and who sired them these spawns were different from eachother.
The ones born of the serpents that ruled the skies and ate the fiery stars became the winged fire breathing Dragons.
The ones born of the serpents that devoured the lands and hoarded the secrets and treasures of the deep earth grew large and even grew more heads and became the Hydras.
The ones born of the serpents that claimed the primordial seas and all things within them grew the largest and could cause storm with their anger became the Leviathans.
>>
Big magic reptiles descended from Snake God. The Snakepeople took some of their blood and made Dragonpeople cuz they liked making new races to do shit for them, but Dragonpeople were assholes and stopped sacrificing people to Snakegod, so he looked for the most pathetic thing he could find, which was a primitive rodent mammal, and curses Dragonpeople to be half stupid rodent mammal, so now they're small and annoying and have floppy ears and skinny tails and are called kobolds. They're still salty about it.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.