[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Standard General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 41

Mtg Standard General

>Any brews you have
>will the Saheeli combo work
>What will standard look like post-ban?
>>
File: standard servo.jpg (678KB, 1085x1132px) Image search: [Google]
standard servo.jpg
678KB, 1085x1132px
Standard brew: Mechanized Servos

3 Servo Exhibition
3 Cogworker's Puzzleknot
1 Sigarda’s Aid
3 Built to Last
2 Metallic Mimic
3 Metallic Rebuke
3 Master Trinketeer
4 Stoneforge Masterwork
3 Reverse Engineer
2 Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter
2 Sram's Expertise
2 Second Harvest
2 Angel of Invention
3 Mechanized Production
4 Prairie Stream
4 Canopy Vista
4 Botanical Sanctum
4 Forest
4 Island
4 Plains

Sideboard:

3 Fragmentize
3 Disallow
3 Blossoming Defense
2 Natural Obsolescence
4 Plummet
>>
>>51324284
Copy Cat is quite real from what we can see at SCG

my money is on Grixis Control though to shut it down and make it look silly
>>
Where could I find other casuals that play cheap, bastard decks like mine?

I tried playing at the LGS and it was either hardcore nerds that knew each other or preppy people who came in and left asap after getting what they needed.

Money is not exactly an issue, but I want people who don't take the game seriously and wouldn't be offended at playing cheap decks.
>>
>>51326614
go to lgs
ask "does anyone want to play a casual game"
or teach your friends how to play
>>
Fatal push is stupid. My LGS sold out of their Fatal push pulls because every dickwad is padding their deck with it.

Now my Narham deathtouch guys can't be counter buffed because it'll be waste. :(
>>
>>51324284
What's the Saheeli combo?
>>
>>51324526
Looks fun. How often does Memes of Production actually work out for you?
>>
>>51326747
>T3 Saheeli
>T4 Felidar Guardian, attack for infinite damage
Or...
>T1 Wandering Fumarole
>T4 Artifact dude
>Now whenever Fumarole is active, he's infinitely big

The best part is that all of this pretty much slots into a goodstuff Jeskai deck.

>>51326688
People will stop caring about Fatal Push once they realise it doesn't kill Gearhulks or Ishkana.
>>
Two cats + Decoction Module

Can infinite energy be broken?
>>
>>51327019
1 cat + saheeli rai just wins and is easier to set up
>>
>>51327028
Not what I asked.
>>
>>51327019
I mean you can make infinite thopters with the 1UR dude but that seems bad
>>
>>51327053

No then
>>
>>51325484
are there any good enchantments for it? grixis has no removal for it.
>>
>>51326905
>people will stop caring about push
ok
>>
>>51324284
>Any brews you have
Just UR dynavolt, might add black or green for support.

>will saheeli combo work
It'll get 3-4 tops this week and we'll never see it again.

>What will standard look like post-ban?
UW Flash winning everything, same as pre-ban.
>>
Can I interest anyone in our lord and savior zombie tribal? I've been playing it online as my go-to aether revolt deck and it's been consistently amusing every game.

>how's the cat matchup
not great but you can only exile so many zombies

>how's it against grixis?
sideboard in your negates/appetite and ur fine

>how's it against white weenies
trade me baby, trade me all day

>how's it against this niche shitbrew that runs mainboard gy hate?
you got me there, congrats.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-01-17-zombie-tribal/
>>
Any UB list?
>>
>>51326905
>Stop caring about push
Do I need to screencap this like they did the MLP guy for being the most wrong person ever?
>>
>>51326783
Needs improvement
>>
File: 20170121_160522.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170121_160522.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
Opened two booster boxes, didn't pull very well but they cost me next to nothing. I'd say the best thing I pulled is a Foil Rishkar, I have a feeling his price will go up

Managed to get a full playset of Fatal Push at least.
>>
Is there a way I can make a viable standard deck out of Thalia and『Saint Traft』?
>>
So what decks are viable in standard as of now?

Can any of them stand up in modern?
>>
>>51330638
Is Fatal Push super rare? I mean it makes sense since it was designed to be /chase/, but you'd think they would have made it gold rare if selling packs were really their goal...
>>
>>51331619
its an uncomon
>>
>>51326905
Artifact dude?
>>
>>51330906
Mono-white humans ft. a below average enchantment.
>>
>>51324284
Decoction Cats Dynavolt.

Rubbing cats together to generate enough static to kill a man.
>>
File: Wizards of the Coast.png (31KB, 197x136px) Image search: [Google]
Wizards of the Coast.png
31KB, 197x136px
Anyone else think they're jackasses for doing the release on the weekend of the inauguration?
>>
>>51334750
no
I didn't watch Obama's and I didn't watch this one
who even spends their time watching that stuff?

its like the Macy's Day Parade
completely meaningless, empty, flaccid, "entertainment"
>>
>>51330947
right now looks like Copy Cat Combo, Some kind or G/W Planeeswalker, a few different kinds of Black+Some other color agro decks, and maybe a control deck or 2

none of them can stand up to modern with the slightest prayer
>>
>>51334764
>Watching

Who goes out to a game shop in and near the D.C. area during this shit, either? You think I'm going to either risk my life or wait in horrible traffic for their fucking card game?
>>
>>51334813
ahh
yeah if you are in or around DC that sucks

not really a reason to change their release date plans though for simply one area

I live around a university and the ENM release date they had some big fucking sporting event so people and traffic were everywhere
sucks but w/e
I just didn't go that week
>>
>>51330947
The only format that can stand up to another format is Block Constructed vs Standard.
>>
>>51334851
They knew this 1 was happening, though. At least I got to play Sealed during Pre-release. Draft adds an element I don't like.
>>
>>51332097
Not what I meant. Even across rarity levels, some are printed more than others. Inquisition (ROE Uncommon), for example, was probably printed less than Consume the Meek (ROE Rare), for example
>>
>>51334894
sure they knew it was happening but lets take a step back and just look at the situation for a second

a company that is based out of Seattle and distributes worldwide is going to postpone their planned scheduled release date for a set for a week because one region of the world that maybe has a couple thousand coustomers is going to be having a major event that day

if they did this then why not just postpone release dates for major professional sporting events, or holidays, or concerts, or anything
the information on when these events is going to take place is public
just because the inauguration was a busy day for DC they don't want to lose sales and production time on their printers by holding off for a week
>>
So building UR Dynavolt, should I swap out shatters for Disallows?

MTGgoldfish hasn't updated any of their decklists so I can't tell...
>>
>>51326905
Fatal push get all the attention for how it will play in modern not necessarily standard.
>>
>>51324284
Still rocking the meme angels deck. Hopefully the snares, Thalia's and Authority of the Consuls is enough to beat the cat combo.
>>
File: Based Angel.jpg (355KB, 700x987px) Image search: [Google]
Based Angel.jpg
355KB, 700x987px
>>51337429
Forgot decklist. Good job me.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-11-16-wg-angels/
>>
Aetherworks + Felidar + Panharmonicon deck is an abomination. There's no way to sideboard this shit, it has like 20 different combo lines and it's a fucking value engine even without the combo.
>>
>>51331619
Selling packs is their only goal, they are a business
>>
Why are standard threads dead nowadays? (No meme intended)
>>
File: Untitled.png (596KB, 664x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
596KB, 664x720px
anyone know what card this art is from?
>>
With Aether Revolt now being played, how can a vehicle deck compete in the new meta? My list right now is:

4x Thraben Inspector
4x Veteran Motorist
3x Toolcraft Exemplar
1x Pia Nalaar
2x Depala, Pilot Exemplar
2x Airdrop Aeronauts
2x Chief of the Foundry

3x Fleetwheel cruiser
4x Untethered Express
2x Peacewalker Colossus
1x Aethersphere Harverster
1x Heart of Kiran

2x Skywhaler's Shot
2x Fragmentize
2x Harnessed Lightning
2x Siege Modification
2x Built To Last

21x Lands

Thinking about dropping the Chiefs of the Foundries for one more Toolcraft Exemplar and one more Aethersphere Harverster. I also got 2 foil Metalwork Colossus, from the Aether Revolt Pre-Release, althought I don't know how to make them work in this deck or in another deck. The sideboard has 3x Built to Smash, 3x Thopter Arrest, 2xCaught in the Brights and 2 more Fragmentize. Opinions?
>>
File: doubt.png (84KB, 419x238px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
84KB, 419x238px
>>51334898
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
In the old days some rares were printed more than others (Sliver Queen is the textbook example) but that is one of the reasons mythics were developed.

I am skeptical that the copies of a specific rare is more common than a specific uncommon.
>>
>>51338437
Druid of the Cowl
>>
My Grixis Control deck is nearly complete: just gotta get a few cards from Revolt.

Trying to decide what to build alongside it as a change of pace. 5 Color Superfriends looks like it could work and be fun but not sure about spitting out the cash for the tech of a potentially gimmicky deck.

Maybe something with Green?
>>
>>51338484
You could take out the bad cards and put good ones in instead.
Bad cards:
Airdrop Aeronauts
Chief of the Foundry
Untethered express
Peacewalker colossus
Skywhaler shot
Fragmentize (Mainboard? What the fuck are you doing)
Siege Modification
Built to Last

Good cards:
Inventor's Apprentice
Unlicensed disintegration
more toolcrafts
more depala
more harvesters
more hearts
more harnessed
shock
stasis snare
always watching

Be sure to not have more than 8 vehicles unless you want a bunch of uncrewed cars sleeping on your table. What's the manabase even like?
The sideboard is a mess so let's not get into that.
>>
I wanna build a stupid Touch Me Tezzy deck for standard shenanigans, but I'm not sure where I want to go from here, any ideas? Mainly I don't know if I want it to be more token heavy or just UBR Goodstuff.

// 24 Maindeck
// 12 Creature
4 Ornithopter
4 Scrapheap Scrounger
4 Bomat Courier

// 4 Enchantment
4 Tezzeret's Touch

// 6 Instant
3 Fatal Push
3 Harnessed Lightning

// 2 Planeswalker
2 Tezzeret the Schemer
>>
File: Screenshot_20170122-121546.png (191KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170122-121546.png
191KB, 1080x1920px
>>51329739
Already did it for you but I am a shitty phone user so crop it if you want
>>
>>51334898
That's never been a thing.
>>
>>51338412
We just cycled out a 350.

>>51342247
Abzan counters is pretty great. Temur pummeler as well.
>>
>>51343380
Thanks!
>>
>>51324284
What's the best removal/utility cards for R/G? I want to make a non-pummeler RG deck.
>>
>>51338887
We know that wizards prints cards on sheets that can fit 121 cards in an 11x11 grid, because they'be sold sheets like this before.

With some math and geometry, it's been figured out that there is 1 short print common in every set, which is printed at half the rate of all the other commons, and everything else falls into the proper rates.

There is one short print per set, and it's a common. Anyone saying otherwise is suffering from confirmation bias.
>>
>>51345167
Any card with 'fight'
Any burn
>>
Top 8 from SCG Columbus:
>2 GB Aggro
>2 4C Copycat
>1 GW Tokens
>1 Mardu Vehicles
>1 GB Delirium
>1 Jeskai Copycat

Overall not too terrible, especially if people are keeping answers to the combo.
>>
>>51342273
Welp, now I feel like shit because most of the "oh god, so good!" cards are in your bad cards list but, ... welp, I started this novermber so, having mistakes is the way to learn. Care to explain a little the reasons of some of the changes you suggest?

In case of fragmentize as main board, it is to avoid exiles, pummeler bots and some enemy vehicles. Since it is like the trend in my LGS. And the skywhaler shot has only one name: Avacyn. Which looks like the card every white deck uses in my LGS too.

My mana base is pretty simple, I guess:

11x Plains
8x Mountains
1x Inspiring Vantage
1x Inventor's Faire

For now, mana hasn't been a big issue, seeing most of my mana necessities is covered with 3 or 4 mana. But I am opened to any tips.

By the way, some tip to know how to build a proper mainboard. Sometimes I feel like it is "throw card you don't know if you could have some use for a niche shit."
>>
>>51345167
When it comes to G/R, you can split it into generic and sideboard removal

Generic Removal
-Great: Harnessed Lightning, Shock, Chandra, Skysovereign (This one is really easy to crew with hydra/brawler/tracker/refiner)
-Decent: Incendiary Flow, Hungry Flames
-Mediocre: Flame Lash, Fiery Temper (you will rarely discard this one in a G/R Energy shell)
-Bad: Everything else

Sideboard/Narrow Removal
-Against fliers: Clip Wings (Really good against flashed Avacyns as long as they don't have another flier), Take Down, Tears of Valakut
-Boardwipes: Kozilek's Return (I don't see where would you want to wipe board as R/G unless all your things are already 3+ Toughness)
-Against artifacts/enchantments: Natural State (gets rid of stasis snare and always watching), Appetite for the Unnatural (gets rid of Panharmonicon and Marvel)

Planeswalkers: I usually don't run planeswalkers on sideboard, just a couple of maindeck Chandras. They're not bad at all though and really useful as an alternative wincon, depends on your local meta.

That's mostly it. You can also run Oath of Nissa if you want to put in more Chandra/Nissa/Arlinn.
>>
I want to go Grixis control from U/R, but having to use a less reliable, less fast mana base scares me. I'd want to cast spells with UU, BB, and R in mana costs and there's just no good way of doing that.

Engulf the Shore is also super secret tech that I don't want to give up.
>>
is desolator magic literally autistic? in his new video, he calls Herald of Anguish a bad card, and says that Greenbelt Rampage is a good play anyways on turn 10. like does he actually even know what the fuck he's talking about?
>>
File: 0005.jpg (510KB, 1200x1722px) Image search: [Google]
0005.jpg
510KB, 1200x1722px
>>51347695
Regardless of his autism he is clearly bad at magic.
>>
>>51347739
I haven't made a burn deck since goggles rotated. I know fevered visions, shocks, and flow all go in. What else?
>>
>>51348228
>>51347739
didn't mean to reply apologista comrade
>>
To the anon that thought Ballista was not going to be over ten bucks, you'll sooooon lose that bet anon.

Now let's see if my 15 bucks prediction is met.
>>
>>51348277
i've been toying online with a ballista control deck to pretty great results
>>
File: 1483584788185.gif (981KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1483584788185.gif
981KB, 500x418px
>>51348277
>>51348397
>been trying to get dem ballistas since my pre release
>everyone just hoarded them on my store
>couldn't preorder because every time they were out of stock

I want them but at the same time I play GW Tokens and the featured decklists didn't use the thing.

But I guess I can include the whole Rishkar + Ballista "engine"
>>
>>51345649
It's week one of the format, and almost always it ends up being an aggro deck winning week one, because it's a really simple strategy to execute on in an unknown metagame. Especially a metagame that just saw bannings occur between the last major event and this one.

There were at least three different versions of Saheeli Copycat shown on camera (Jeskai Midrange, Jeskai Control, 4c Copycat) and everyone's trying to beat aggro decks and Heart of Kiran, we'll see how things shake out in 2-3 weeks in time for the PT.
>>
>>51348738
I don't even like rishkar, full "swing for 2/2 ballista, no blocks, kk that's an 11/11 ballista" works for me

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ballista-control/
>>
>>51348876
>horribly awry/push decks just shreking aggro asshole
Goddamn, the world might well look right again boys
>>
>>51329570
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-01-17-zombie-tribal/
do you think metallic mimic has a place here?
>>
Tournament streaming in Hareruya

twitch dot tv/hareruya
>>
>>51349651
I don't know what I'd cut, does it trigger diegraf? can i RD into it?
>>
>>51343613

How does Abzan Counters run? That would have all colors covered at least once in my decks.
>>
>>51331619
They'll be torn alive if push was rare. They already have problems with Standard pricing already.
>>
>>51349937
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/abzan-militia-1/
This is abzan for people that don't like to think too hard. That said, indignation for 6 sometimes kills people on the spot and that's a good feeling

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-01-17-uyv-abzan-counters/
This is abzan for people who like to think harder.
>>
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/deckshow.php?&t%5BC1%5D=1&start_date=01/20/2017&end_date=01/22/2017&start=1&finish=64&event_ID=19&city=Columbus&state=OH&limit=100

>25 Saheeli decks in top 64

Geezus man, people really love having not!Twin in Standard.
>>
File: brbdeodorant.jpg (146KB, 735x555px) Image search: [Google]
brbdeodorant.jpg
146KB, 735x555px
hes back.

Also what does fa/tg/uys think of the current state of standard? GB snek 2gd?
>>
File: 1409086759902.jpg (151KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1409086759902.jpg
151KB, 427x427px
>>51351201
>>51348277
>>51345649
Most popular Aether Revolt cards from the top

>Walking Ballista
>Rishkar
>Saheli
>Cat
>Heart of Kiran
>Rogue Refiner

Also SaheliCat covered 40% of the top 64
If we get again 40% of dominance or more in the PT, you can safely guess that Wizards is going to gut the combo in the next Banlist revision in 6 weeks.

Also of course, said cards are rising a fucking lot along Verdurous Gearhulk right now, if you're not going into a premier event, keep away from buying into of that for some weeks.
>>
What's your dream gameday-promos?
Fatal Push+Walking Ballista for me
>>
File: promos.jpg (373KB, 715x533px) Image search: [Google]
promos.jpg
373KB, 715x533px
>>51352143
We already know the gameday promos

You can MAYBE expect Fatal Push as a fnm promo, MAYBE
>>
Are Nissa voice of zendikar worth buying in before more price surge?
>>
>>51352282
I don't belive that trophy Mage, as it is the excact same art as the regular card
>>
File: PW_Nissa_preloader.jpg (428KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
PW_Nissa_preloader.jpg
428KB, 1920x1120px
>>51352454
It's real, but yeah lazy as fuck

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/aether-revolt-packaging-promos-and-planeswalker-decks-2016-12-05

>>51352369
Nissa back then spiked to $20 after G/W tokens won the Oath PT.
Right now it's on the $14 range according to mtggoldfish.
The main difference is that the new BG aggro uses 2 (or 0) copies instead of 4, and GW tokens didn't won the event.

I think that it will stabilize around $10 this week and it will spike again if the decks shows results in the pro tour.
>>
File: ss (2017-01-22 at 10.27.07).png (11KB, 337x408px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-01-22 at 10.27.07).png
11KB, 337x408px
R8 my trash brew boys, I just wanna smack people with artifacts
>>
>>51352881
>>51352369
You never need to pay more than 13 for Nissa, you can get the foil duel deck version for 13 on Amazon.
Nissa vs on nixilis to be exact.
>>
>>51336488
Still very good in standard though it hits a lot of the big threats
Absolutly brutal in modern though yeah
>>
>>51338412
Standard has been shit for a while but it is getting good again.
>>
>>51324284
I did not see the saheli combo on release day but i did see some other combos with the cat.

Lifecrafter's Bestiary is brutal in some matchups.
>>
File: explain.png (165KB, 771x375px) Image search: [Google]
explain.png
165KB, 771x375px
Explain this Anon.

tfw still missing one green gearhulk
>>
>>51351384
Is that the 15 views of arsecrack guy.

I'm still mad about zach jesse
>>
I'm trying to build something off the tez planeswaljer deck
First and most obvious change is to ditch the ironclad revolutionary the deck already has a problem with to many furnaces and not enough fuel the ironclad is not even a furnace
Then its a matter of working out how much removal and what to take out for it folloaed by adjusting the spefic artifacts themselves (easily 4x blue implement holy shit that was fantastic)
>>
>>51337471
Could you elaborate? Deck list? Did you mean aetherflux reservoir or is there an aetherworks marvel deck with felidar and panharmonicon?
>>
>>51354704
If i was running 4 treasure keeper i would probably keep the ironclad though
Foundry assembler can go, every other improvise creature in the deck has something that makes it useful even if you cast it several turns after you would normaly cast a creature with those abilitys the assembler is just a 3/3 for 5 (the baricade breaker suffers this as well but its big enough to be worth the risk)

Any other artifact deck (except affinity of course) i would run quicksmith spy but i feel it is better to ditch her in favor of more low cost artifacts.

As much as i love Tezzerets's Simulacrum again double down on low cost shit.

Gotta be a better way to get in the air then dukhara peafowl

I am sure there must be better 2 drops for this deck then pendulm of patterns in standard.
>>
File: Meh.jpg (134KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Meh.jpg
134KB, 500x375px
>>51352881
>It's real
At least Scrap Trawler+ Pia's Revolution is nice
>>
>>51354913
I wonder would it be worth using the blue puzzleknot even though the deck does not use energy just for the scry or should i just stick to the black puzzleknot.
>>
File: 181.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
181.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
What the fuck is happening to the price of this thing? When I opened it in draft last friday it was still at like 3 bucks. Thank fuck I held onto it.
>>
Is this Standard supposed to be exciting?

I don't even feel like dumping money into Standard again, especially if more frequent bannings will be a thing.
>>
>>51356455

do infinite combos and seeing the same deck everywhere untap your dick? If so, congratulations
>>
I wish I could play Baral's Expertise somewhere.
That card looks fun as shit.
>>
Picked up six packs today, got Rishkar, Exquisite Archangel, among things, are they good?
>>
File: clf2.jpg (1MB, 2305x2708px) Image search: [Google]
clf2.jpg
1MB, 2305x2708px
Can't wait to play Crazy Cat Lady
>>
>>51356820
>not playing Dovin Baan control
Why not?
>>
>>51355949
+1/+1 Counters are cheap right now but it dies to every removal imaginable.

That said control decks can run it, aggro can run it, artifacts can run it, and there's at least one infinite mana loop that can insta kill with it.
>>
>>51354598
counters snake and ballista and rishkar and etb
>>
>>51351384
wait does this guy play in saint louis
>>
>>51357992
Funny cause you can just shoot your opponent if it's going to die
>>
>rishkar
Funny thing about Rishkar is it never specify about what kind of counters as long as it's a counter, so you can play titi as some kind of a shittier Caryatid as long as Rishkar is in play
>>
>>51358426
correct, but four mana for two damage and a kill spell is kinda iffy, and six for three is even more iffy. Walker's not a great investment unless you're built for counters and/or they don't have removal.
>>
File: download_20170123_080400.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170123_080400.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
This is what I plan to be playing in standard.

It's pretty smooth as it is but will probably need a tweak for the new meta with the cat lady and other shenanigans.

Do you guys have any recommendations? I'll probably go back to 4 fatal push and increase the number of mainboard negates. Unsubstantiate is there for a little bit of spice and gives me more to do on t2. Also I haven't got the transgress irl so what should I replace it with? Collective brutality or harsh scrutiny?
>>
>>51351393
Cat combo is real but it got its boips ravaged by G/B Aggro and Delirium. Mindwrack demon is a disgusting magic card and energy bob goes the distance.
>>
>>51330638
>glint sleeve
>geodeminer
>that pia sac engine
>push
>ajani
>black expertise
>baral
>bestiary
>sram
>disallow
>rishkar
>sleeper kari

you can KINDA play anything and specifically play nothing
>>
Who else Metalwork Colossus?
>>
I brewed this after playing a draft with some friends and pulling 2 Yahenni and 2 Constrictor.
On a scale of "total dogshit" to "might work with refinement", how is this?
I haven't seriously played MTG in about a year, so I have no idea what's good and what's not in the wider meta.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wbg-counters-2/

I think the theme is pretty obvious; it was originally supposed to be BG, but I figured W has a place since Ajani and his Oath look pretty useful. The Comrades are nice too, but I'd take them even without them being pumped by Ajani.
>>
>>51361943
Last standard yes.
Having 1 drop artifacts that actually do something, even something dumb like implement of combustion mean you can get the cost to 0 on turn 4 easier than before.

My personal version was blue black with a bunch of colourless <> stuff. Black because I wanted Marionette Master.
>>
>>51362304
GB counters is a thing people have been trying to force with the snake. GB aggro, which shares some qualities with it, took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at the SCG tournament last weekend. I'm not sure going all in on the +1/+1 gimmick is all that reliable.
>>
>>51362807
Interesting; I'm not all that concerned about being super viable, since this is mostly just a cheap and fun deck for the sake of fucking around (especially if I drop the GW stuff like Ajani). Is there anything that I chose that stands out as a really bad pick?

I do want to try and keep Yahenni in, since he just looks fun.
>>
Can i salvage my pummeler deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rg-temur-energy-aether-revolt-pummeler-20/
>>
File: 135.jpg (55KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
135.jpg
55KB, 265x370px
>>51362950

idk, but running temur energy and not having this guy is a big mistake
>>
>>51352454
This is the point where you realize that all promo-art is just finished up art of discarded concept art.

The art process for cards is that the artist provides a variety of sketches or even mostly-finished works. Then it goes for approval by the art director or whoever. They don't actually commission original art for promos. They obviously just reach into a bag of discarded concepts and decide which will fit the promo the best.

I think they just didn't have any art sitting around that would fit Trophy Mage.

Actually at this point I'm willing to believe Wizards is always experimenting with how much shit they can cut and gauging how pissed off the players get to see where they can cut costs. MTGO is a rotten pile of shit but obviously they can fuck with the prize payouts and software stability all they want and people are obviously still paying god knows how much money on it. I probably sunk hundreds of dollars into Limited before I just got pissed off my opponents were double queuing all the time.
>>
>>51363090
I get enough energy and drawing isn't a big deal in this deck
>>
What do you guys think?
>inb4 Looter Scooter
>inb4 another Nahiri
I'm poorfag and didn't spend more than $1/card.
>>
>>51366986
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-standard-pilots/?cat=&sort=type
helps if I fucking post the decklist
>>
>>51366986
>>51367004
Looter scooter is banned anyway.
Also
>running any nahiri in an aggro deck
>>
>>51367274
should i sell while price is high?
>>
>>51366986
Oh, let me just take a loo-

>didn't spend more than $1/card

It's shit, mate, I didn't even look and I know it.
>>
Is it feasible to construct a deck around pia's revolution and gonti's aether heart? How does red best build around energy? Is lightning runner worth looking at?
>>
>>51367883
>not looking at what I'd pulled/traded for
And this is why you didn't know I had two Skysovereigns
>>
>>51368988
Piss Revolution might work. Gonti's Aether Heart is too much to get going.
>>
Ok. My handbag got robbed while I was on the bathroom and I had 3 dollars and my deck on it. It was G/R energy and I don't have an stadard deck.

Any ideas for a new deck? I'll take anything fun that is not G/B delirium.
>>
>>51369147
>two sky sovereigns makes the rest of the deck okay

Now I have looked at it, and it's about what I expected from a budget vehicle deck. In short, underwhelming.
>>
File: 1474610975598.gif (330KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474610975598.gif
330KB, 500x281px
>got a greenhulk + balista for quicksmith rebel + ishkana at FNM
>mfw prices today
I almost feel bad for the poor bastard.
>>
>>51369572
I traded 2 ballistas for a tezzeret as part of a 3 way trade. They were 4.50 on Friday what the hell happened? Or better to ask why the 10$ jump? Is it really that good?
>>
File: DSCN5850.jpg (1MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5850.jpg
1MB, 3072x2304px
was changing the sheets on my bed and noticed I have an aether revolt mattress

freakin wizards
>>
File: 636192340369741624.png (192KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
636192340369741624.png
192KB, 265x370px
>>51324284
>Any brews you have
making a UG Energy deck for FNM/Game day level of play.

Probably going to trade in Walking Ballista to buy some lands, or should I wait until protour?
>>
>>51369825
Repeatable instant-speed damage?

I imagine it'll be a good late-game sink for controlling decks, any turn they don't have to play a spell to stay alive, they just put it into the ballista.
>>
>>51370193
I guess but it seems expensive and easy to deal with. Also since it's mana cost is xx is the cost technically 0 when it's on the battlefield or is it whatever was paid?
>>
File: bristling hydra.jpg (128KB, 1152x838px) Image search: [Google]
bristling hydra.jpg
128KB, 1152x838px
>bunch of RG Energy shit lying around from attempt to build deck
>Never finished it
>want to really play standard with some form of energy deck
>hate pummeler
What do?
>>
>>51370267
CMC for X is 0 on the board and equal to whatever the caster set X to on the stack.
>>
>>51371687
Play energy without pummeler.

You're not going to a major tournament are you? If not then you can replace it with other solid G shit and play a more midranged deck.
>>
>>51357971
Baral's Expertise is a tempo card, not really a control card.
>>
>>51371687
G/B energy agro

this was basically the list that took second at SCG
just put in 1 or 2 Bristling Hydra's
I suspect that is where the deck is heading anyway
>>
>>51367624
Yes, sell her and buy some Aethersphere Harvester to replace your Sky Skiffs
I'm all for budget decks but don't play that shit
>>
This is as good a place to leak this as anywhere else.

Modern and legacy are getting killed. Only standard and sealed now at big events. WotC is gonna announce this next week.
>>
File: confusion.man.jpg (330KB, 900x615px) Image search: [Google]
confusion.man.jpg
330KB, 900x615px
>ban Copter
>print Heart of Kiran
>>
>>51373037
Loot>+1/+1&Vigilance
>>
>>51372960
what should we do with this information anon?
>>
Can anyone help me with this list for the new cat meta?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tezz-summons/

Ignore the name, I tried running new tezz for fun but it was pretty shit.

I could probably drop the metallurgical summonings but I really like the value you get from casting spells.

I reckon going 4 grasp of darkness and 2 fatal push might be better than the current set up.

I'm using unsubstantiate because the other 2 mana counters are too conditional, it helps with the early game and has some spice in the late game.
>>
>>51371687

RG Energy beatdown

Efficient beaters and pumps, protection with blossoming defense and heroic intervention, big energy payoff with gonti's heart or lightning runner

add optional key to the city for unblockable hydras
>>
File: Win Percentage is ~65%.png (196KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
Win Percentage is ~65%.png
196KB, 850x638px
R8 my jank pussy boys.
I don't like losing to cats.
>>
>>51372960

I could believe Legacy, but there's no way they're killing off Modern this year, we have a new MM coming in 2 months

>>51373535
pretty good
>>
So, as someone who doesn't have a lot of cards should I be putting it all on AR boosters?
>>
>>51373601
Buy singles of the cards you need for the deck you want to play.
Or draft, don't just buy boosters.
>>
Looking for a replacement for smugglers copter in my red black madness deck, any ideas?
>>
>>51373619
I don't really know what kind of deck I want to play. I'm just trying to get a feel for standard. So I guess what I'm asking is, will cards from previous sets still be viable or should I bank on the majority of decks that'll see play consist mostly of aether revolt cards now?
>>
>>51373687
Magic is not a powercreep game, and aether revolt cards are not stronger than those from the former two blocks.
If you want to get a feel for standard, wait until the pro tour, look at the top decks being played by pros and choose the one that looks the coolest.
>>
>>51357367
I want to cum in curry mommy
>>
>>51374675
Stop with that kind of talk Anon.
You'll summon /pol/.
>>
>>51332792
Crackdown Construct.
>>
>>51359922
>4 push main
>1 negate
this is backwards, anon
>>
File: scgtop8analysis.png (37KB, 1484x544px) Image search: [Google]
scgtop8analysis.png
37KB, 1484x544px
Boy I love 3-Toughness The Gathering.

side note: removal damage greater than 50 means more than half the cards are destroy cards, less than 50 means the opposite
>>
>>51373535
Bretty decent
>>
>>51373628
Bromat courier would be my choice

But it depends on what you're trying to accomplish
>>
Who /watertower/ here? Any spicy tech? What did you changed in your deck after Revolt? I included 2 Whirs and 1 Reverse Engineer, dropped a Bone Saw and 2 Anticipates.
>>
Alright lads, I want to make a deck centred around Pia's Revolution and Marionette Master, is that going to be viable or nah?
>>
>>51379296
Entirely depends on what viable means to you. Probably won't go X/0 at FNM, but it may be good enough to take a few wins. I'd really need to see what the rest of the deck looks like.
>>
Rev up those DAMPENING PULSES AND AUTHORITY OF THE CONSULS.
>>
>>51379849
>sideboard fragmentize
>>
>>51379948

YOU'LL ONLY HAVE FOUR. I'LL HAVE EIGHT.
>>
>>51373619
what about limited leagues?
>>
>>51379742
Well I'll post it once I've had a go, I'm real shit at deckbuilding though so it'll probably be awful
>>
MONO BLUE CONTROL
O
N
O

B
L
U
E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L
>>
>>51382135
gravity bong?
>>
no judge thread, help me standard

I crew a vehicle during my opponents turn to block

My opponent +1s liliana to give it -2/-1 and ends their turn

my vehicle stops being a creature

I crew my vehicle on my turn, does it still have -2/-1

lili text: "+1: Up to one target creature gets -2/-1 until your next turn."
>>
>>51382750
The real question is why aren't you waiting for attacks to be declared to crew your vehicle?

As for the -2/-1, I'd say it stays on the vehicle, it doesn't become a new card when it changes types, so I don't see why it wouldn't stay affected. Though to be perfectly honest I couldn't find anything on this question with a few minutes on google so I don't know if I am correct.
>>
I've been playing around with UB improvise:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ub-improvise-v3/

3x Bastion Inventor
4x Gearseeker Serpent
4x Herald of Anguish
3x Tezzeret's Touch

4x Metallic Rebuke
4x Reverse Engineer

4x Servo Schematic
3x Pacification Array
4x Prophetic Prism
4x Bone Saw
2x Cogworker's Puzzleknot
1x Key to the City

4x Spire of Industry
3x Choked Estuary
2x Sunken Hollow
5x Swamp
6x Island

Sideboard:

1x Bastion Inventor
2x Battle at the Bridge
3x Dispel
3x Fatal Push
2x Lost Legacy
1x Swamp
2x Yahenni's Expertise

It's been OKAY so far. It isn't focused on T3 Herald, but it can happen and it's a naughty dirty feeling when it does.
I've been through a couple of iterations of this deck and I still don't think it's great, but it's better than it was. Ornithopters are a trap as are 0 cmc do nothing artifacts (but Bone saw is okay).
>>
File: xPRM3xv.jpg (551KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
xPRM3xv.jpg
551KB, 1536x2048px
here's your spicy tech for the night.

might as well screenshot this. something similar to this is gonna be t1.5 at least
>>
I want to make a janky deck for FNM play that centers around playing really cheap creatures and getting tons of value out of Lifecrafter's Bestiary. Think there's anything to that?
Greenbelt Rampager and Trophy Mage look good.
>>
>>51383752
also, i need a sideboard. I've got about 25 cards right now. Just gotta make cuts
>>
>>51383752
also, obviously I'd want fatal push. Im just going to wait until this set has been hella opened and they come down to more like 3/ea
>>
>>51383080
I have no other creatures and they plus lili targeting my vehicle in M2.

It's heart of kiran in a superfriends deck
>>
>>51383752
why 0 ob nixilis?
no gideon or tezzy, okay, but ob nix as a 1-of seems good. Maybe cut a gearhulk for one.
>>
>>51383888
I don't own one. he'd be useful in the sideboard.
>>
>>51383908
Fair enough.

add G for oath of nissa so you can cast gideon without WW
>>
>>51383959
Gideon doesn't fit in this type of control. and G doesn't add anything other than Oath
>>
This Standard seems bad still, I'm finding it difficult to make anything that isn't all threats or all answers and I'm not seeing room for Combo decks. It just seems the beat strat is still to play the biggest creatures for their cost on curve and turn them sideways

There's no great 4 mana Wrath equalizer to keep the Meta in check. Yahenni's Expertise is too weak and slow, 3 toughness was the norm last standard but now we're seeing 4 and 5 toughness by T4.

Maybe next block, WOTC
>>
>>51383752

Interesting deck, will probably build something similar, Outcast is strictly a sideboard card though
>>
>>51384118
>Maybe next block, WOTC
Pretty much this. Starting to look at devotion enablers in case Amonkhet goes that route.
>>
>>51384473
I've had that thought. But, in my main deck he's done heavy lifting. Most people see gearhulk coming. They don't see him. And if I get someone to waste removal on Outcast, my gearhulks are gonna be that much better.
>>
>>51384473
>>51383752

I took the liberty of changing your deck around, here's my first list.

Creatures (6)
4x Torrential Gearhulk
2x Goblin Dark Dwellers

Planeswalkers (3)
2x Chandra, Torch of Defiance
1x Jace, Unraveler of Secrets

Instants (25)
4x Harnessed Lightning
4x Fatal Push
4x Glimmer of Genius
3x Anticipate
3x Disallow
3x Unlicensed Disintegration
2x Shock
2x Negate

26 Lands, haven't finished working this part out yet.
>>
>>51384717
I don't love GDD when your mana is going to be tight every turn. Gearhulk is able to hit every instant you play. That's why I like Glint-Sleeve Siphoner. I like the idea of a 2 drop creature, being able to get value from the synergies with Aether Hubs (not pictured in my pic) and leftover energies with Harnessed Lightning and Glimmer.

I'd be heavier in disallow, but I haven't opened more. Void Shatter is still going to be in the 75 somewhere, but I love the flexibility of Disallow.
>>
>>51384118
4 mana wraths are never coming back, Maro thinks they were a mistake. 5 mana with an upside is the new wrath slot. If you can't be arsed to interact with your opponent before just dropping a wrath, maybe you should look into playing a deck that isn't bad.
>>
>>51384579
I wouldn't hold your breath for Devotion. It's a Theros specific mechanic, like Energy for Kaladesh, Morbid with Innistrad, and Bushido for Kamigawa. The closest we'd get is like Chroma or something.
>>
>>51379296
i was thinking gremlins and 0 cost artifacts, sac 2-3 artifact +2/+2 gremlin on T3 with pias out might be real
>>
>>51384941

I'd be willing to interact with my opponent plenty if there was a viable control deck. The only control deck that got close to Top 8 in the SCGOpen was 4 Gearhulks, 1 Jace, 27 Lands and 28 answers.

There has to be some kind of balance between threats and answers, it's always been the easiest route in MTG to just stack with threats and turn them sideways.

Push is a start but we are still a long way from making any kind of control deck that allows control nab some early game 2 for 1's, otherwise the only viable control decks are going to be draw/go decks with 20+ instant answer spells, which is also exactly what MaRo is against.

We need Gatekeeper of Malakir.
>>
>>51385022
Is there official word on that? Devotion feels like a god-specific mechanic rather than a plane-specific one. I really don't see why it couldn't happen.
>>
File: Image (6).png (111KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (6).png
111KB, 223x311px
I would kill for some mono colored love, but WOTC seems to love pushing dual lands more than anything.

More cards like this would be great, sometimes I just want to play a Black deck.
>>
Preordered 4 Tezzeret. I played T the Seeker in Extended and Agent of Bolas in Standard, so I had to get on the new Tezz. I'm kind of glad he's going under the radar.

There's three ways I'm thinking about building my Tezzeret deck, with Metalwork Colossus and enablers, with a lot of improvise spells like Metallic Rebuke and Battle at the Bridge, or with Inspiring Statuary and a bunch of Chandra Flamecallers to ramp into on turn 4.
>>
>>51385341

He really only has now to break out, it's doubtful there will be much artifact love in Amonkhet so he really has to survive with what Kaladesh gives him.

I personally don't think he's good enough but I've been wrong before.
>>
>>51385515
>>51385341

On that note though, next rotation will cause GB to lose a ton of its tools, but I'm not forseeing a Tezzeret breakout until then or perhaps some March bans, right not Green and Black just combine the best creatures with the best removal, it's going to be difficult to build around that.
>>
>WOTC wants people to play Planeswalker decks desperately
>Just keeps printing ridiculously efficient threats to roll over them

I feel memed
>>
>>51385172
Because the Gods of Theros were the reason the mechanic existed, they had no powers when they weren't worshipped.
>>
>>51385515
>>51385606
He's not as good as Agent of Bolas, but he's great. The question is if Tezz along with the other artifacts matters cards are worth building around.

I'm not sure what you're saying about GB. Just because it has good cards doesn't mean every deck in standard will be GB.
>>
>>51385145
What do you call all of the Saheeli decks that made top 8?
>>
>>51385836

Combo decks that got rolled by GB aggro
>>
>>51385853
Do I really have to explain why multiple versions of the same combo making top 8 in multiple tournaments means the combo is good? Or why Aggro always wins the first few tournaments of a standard format?
>>
>>51385836

Don't get me wrong there's room for other decks but it seriously looks like GB Aggro is going to be the Elephant in the room for this Standard

There are 0 color specific hate cards, because WOTC has lost their mind, there's no sideboard tech that will give you a big leg up over this type of deck, all its going to do for the next months is play better creatures than you, faster than you and run you over.

A dedicated control deck will emerge that's packed with a million answers to hold down GB, and another deck will pop up that has a great matchup against that control deck.

That's the power of 0 hate cards.
>>
>>51385991
Sounds like last Standard's rock/paper/scissors with Aetherworks, GB Delerium and UW flash
>>
>>51385991
What would "hate cards" be against a midrange deck?
Those snek decks from scg can't beat a Fumigate.

R/W Vehicles
>wins first open
>gets annihilated at the pro tour
>is a decent deck later

Bant Company
>wins first open
>gets annihilated at the pro tour
>is a decent deck later

GB will follow this pattern.
>>
>>51386054
This thread sounds like last format's threads where everyone was saying Mardu Vehicles was going to oppress the format and control was dead and it was just going to be more Green: The Tappening.
>>
opinions on To the slaughter mainboard in grixis control? Im thinking it's worth a spot because of all the walkers floating around. It's also easy enough to turn on delirium with wilds/TiTi/spells
>>
>>51386233
It's pretty unreliable. I'd probably just play Ruinous Path. You need to be able to kill a Nissa or Gideon on the spot.
>>
Standard needs BFZ and SOI blocks gone more than it needs bans.

Everything about those two blocks is an atrocious design mistake
>>
>>51386320
They get countered early game though and I've found in my build that delirium gets turned on around t4 onward. It's also worth noting it hits ulamog which I think could come up occasionally
>>
>>51386451
There's no way you can get delirium turn 4 consistently without graveyard enablers.
The first five turns of the game are by far the most important for a control deck, especially when it comes to enemy planeswalkers. I'd always choose early-game reliability to possible late game utility. I've played a ton of control the last ten years. But building control decks is very subjective, there's usually not a correct answer.
>>
>>51385341
4 spire of industry
4 aether hub
2 inventor's fair
3 wandering fumerole
3 evolving wilds
1 mountain
1 island
4 swamp

3 renegade map
2 pacification array
4 prophetic prism
2 metalspinner's puzzleknot
2 walking ballista
2 contraband kingpin
2 deadlock trap
4 fatal push
1 radiant flames
2 battle at the bridge
3 metallic rebuke
1 reverse engineer
1 cultivator's caravan
4 tezzeret the schemer
2 dark intimations
1 herald of anguish
1 noxious gearhulk
1 chandra flamecaller

1 contraband kingpin
1 aethersphere harvester
2 radiant flames
2 natural obsolescence
2 negate
1 metallic rebuke
3 transgress the mind
2 tireless tracker
1 authority of the consuls
>>
>Tfw bought into Delirium, but no Grim Flayers due to 20$ each
>Emrakul Banned
Whelp, beside get the flayers, what do?
>>
>>51386761
Build the snek deck

Or G/B Marvel
>>
>>51386761
You can use something other than emrakul
>>
>>51386823
What's a good replacement then? World Breaker/Ulamog?
>>
>>51386761
GB aggro has been putting up good results, though they should be taken with a grain of salt as the format is new
>>
I wonder if this meta will be creature heavy enough to start mainboarding Harsh Scrutiny.
>>
>>51386915
You probably could. Cast it right before turn 6 against control.
>>
is standard still shit?
>>
>>51386915
I've been playing it in an Abzan deck and honestly, I think it's great. It's not like there are a ton of great t1 plays in standard right now and it helps fight aggro and can be useful against control to strip gearhulks/peek at their hand. The scry is just icing on the cake and helps smooth your draw while also not being the worst topdeck lategame because of it.

People really sleep on this card imo.
>>
>>51387115
If you like flooding the board with creatures with 3 power, 3 toughness for 3 man, no.

If you like actually playing magic, yes.
>>
Now I'm not saying des was ever anything exceptional, but holy shit, he's been going severely downhill recently.
>>
Who is /ourguy/ of Magic?

LSV is of course great but he's too widely liked and 4chan has to be contrarian.

Chapin, Nassif, and Wafo-Tapa have always been my favorites.

I thought the Reid Duke being nice thing was just a meme, but holy shit he's inhumanly nice and modest. Especially compared to assholes like Owen Turtenwald.

Best guy on the scgtour is probably Joe Lossett and Ali Aintrazi, and of course based Patrick Sullivan.
>>
>>51387844
I'm a fan of Shota Yasooka desu, but I feel like CalebD is a strong contender due to how chill the man is.
>>
>>51387844
/desolatormagic/
>>
>>51387844
TWoo is great
>>
>>51387115
Nope still a few kinks but its mostly fine now.
>>
>>51385764
Yes, and they could do Egypt style gods...
>>
>>51389195
Devotion was unique to Theros gods you mong, because if they don't get worshipped they have no powers
>>
>>51389570
Okay, and why can't that idea be applied to other gods?
>>
>>51389592
Because it would be copy-pasting the exact lore of Theros?
>>
>>51389592
Because they don't want to?
What early illustrations of Amonkhet we saw doesn't have the trippy half starry thing we saw on theros' enchantment creatures.
>>
>>51387672
We could discuss that on another thread for the Des. Kek
>>
>>51388140
He deserves to have a thread more often. kek
>>
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/540485#tab-paper

I want to try this out because without lands and sleeves it comes to 8$ probably less considering you could get alot of the commons or uncommons from bin for 5 cents each.

Main concern is it would be too vulnerable to "destroy target enchantment" in the side board cards.
But im not sure how many such spells exist or are in wide use right now.
>>
>>51392643
Maybe Servo Schematic as sac fodder and sac fodder producer?

Also it's Defragmentize in most sideboards afaik, Revolution dodges it.
>>
>>51392730
Fragmentize W
Types:Sorcery
Destroy target artifact or enchantment with converted mana cost 4 or less.

Pia's Revolution 2R
Types:Enchantment
nope doesn't dodge it, but a least it's sorc so it limits when they can play it which is good
>>
>>51393271
Shit I had the wrong image of both cards in mind, I though Revolution costed 3R and Fragmentize destroyed CMC 3 or less
>>
File: Captura.jpg (71KB, 798x474px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.jpg
71KB, 798x474px
finally, something nice
>>
>>51393608
What's that? Standard still costs hundreds of fucking dollars for a single deck. Want more than one deck, well I guess you'd better shell out a thousand.

I'm ashamed to realize that I share a space with players who think that a fucking promo shows that Wizards cares. Your fucking house is on fire and they sent you a gift basket.
>>
>>51394145
Entry price of Standard is entirely on the secondary market, Wizards have nothing to do with it.
At least with Modern you could argue that Wizards can affects some of the prices by reprints.
>>
>>51394145
High prices are a self-correcting problem. If playing Standard isn't worth that much to you, stop playing Standard.
>>
>>51394145
Poorfag detected

Git gud
Git muneh
Git rekt.

Choose 1 or gtfo.
>>
>>51394179
>Entry price of Standard is entirely on the secondary market, Wizards have nothing to do with it.

They can; they could just stop printing all the good cards at Mythic and Rare.
>>
>>51382750

It still has -2/-1 until your next turn. For all intents and purposes it's still considered the same target of Lili's ability from the previous turn. Your vehicle stopped being a creature but it never left the battlefield and is not considered a new object.
>>
>>51332097
you get 1-2 fatal pushes per box, go watch rudy's unboxings of AER

majority of the boxes he opens has only 1-2 of them in them, alot only have 1.
>>
>>51392643
Fragmentize and Appetite for the Unnatural are both very common sideboard cards for decks that can run them
>>
>>51394145
>Not playing Emerge or X/B Zombies or UB Colossus and spending ~$100 for the whole deck minus lands

>Bitching standard is expensive

Maybe you're just a faggot
>>
>>51395264
>listening to the head jew of the jew markets

>"yah, guys, don't expect to get a playset from a box, so just buy a playset from me for $20"
>>
>>51395264
>Not buying a playset when they were cheap

Plebs.
>>
>>51395378
>listening
are you a moron? do you not understand the word unboxing?
>>
>>51395264
>go watch rudy
No
>>
File: fp.jpg (78KB, 930x355px) Image search: [Google]
fp.jpg
78KB, 930x355px
>>51395383
>>51395378

>implying that fatal push was ever not expensive and chase.
>>
>>51394145

That's a playable promo, I never said anywhere that it shows that Wotc cares or that standard is saved or anything like that

But it looks like you have a lot of unresolved issues somewhere, so if it makes you feel better, keep complaining, I don't really care
>>
>>51395509
Are you a moron? Do you not understand how easy it is to manipulate video footage or even the fucking boxes he chooses to open?

I don't even know who the fuck this guy is.
>>
>>51395548
>a card that sees play in two formats is more expensive than others of the same rarity

You don't fucking say?
>>
>>51396179
>manipulating a sealed box
>>
File: 126506_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
126506_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
trying to decide on this or constrictor for a rogue deck. what really hurts is obsessive skinner is pretty bad without delirium
>>
File: J6zbA.gif (96KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
J6zbA.gif
96KB, 728x426px
>>51396179
so, remind me again, how do you manipulate a sealed box?

it's sealed, there is no possible way of knowing what exactly is inside.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_TDe8fyYeNw.jpg (358KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_TDe8fyYeNw.jpg
358KB, 850x500px
>>51389650
No, it'd be copy-pasting a mechanic and a creature type. Nothing wrong with that.
>>51389658
The aesthetic might just be different. I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen, I just see no actual reason that it can't happen.

>>51393608
Noose Constrictor this month was nice.
>>
>>51396979
Are you functionally retarded?

Devotion was an expression of the lore, that Theros gods were only powerful when they were worshipped. Taking that aspect of lore out makes the mechanic nonsensical from a lore perspective, and while wotc lore is shit they at least take planar continuity seriously. Let me know when Wizards starts giving things Bushido off Kamigawa or Infect off New Phyrexia or Energy off Kaladesh.
>>
>The only cards left stinking up the format are from Innistrad and Zendikar

God I just want the rotation already
>>
>>51397371
>at least 2 Saheeli decks in every major tournament's top 8 so far
>ONLY ZENDIKAR AND INNISTRAD CARDS ARE BEING PLAYED

Jesus christ you people
>>
File: grixis.png (5MB, 1504x1920px) Image search: [Google]
grixis.png
5MB, 1504x1920px
>>51383752

Pretty similar to mine, still trying to decide on how to edit it for Aether Revolt.

Sideboard so far:

2 Contraband Kingpin
1 Dispel
1 Metallurgic Summonings
1 Noxious Gearhulk
2 Radiant Flames
1 Ruinous Path
1 Unlicensed Disintegration
1 Void Shatter
1 Weaver of Lightning
>>
>>51397360
>Devotion was an expression of the lore, that Theros gods were only powerful when they were worshipped.
Okay. Again, why can't the Amonkhet gods also be powerful when worshiped? There is nothing intrinsic about the lore tie-in to devotion that keeps it on Theros.
>Taking that aspect of lore out makes the mechanic nonsensical from a lore perspective, and while wotc lore is shit they at least take planar continuity seriously.
Nothing needs to be taken out.
>Let me know when Wizards starts giving things Bushido off Kamigawa or Infect off New Phyrexia or Energy off Kaladesh.
>slippery slope bullshit
Jesus Christ. Bushido could come back in a samurai themed set outside of Kamigawa. Infect is too close to Phyrexian oil, but things like wither exist. Energy is too new to tell. It's probably not going to be evergreen, because they don't want to change the overall aesthetic of the game too much. It has zero tie to Kaladesh though; it was originally thought up years ago during mirrodin iirc. Could go in any technology based set.
>>
>>51398039
>Bushido could come back in a samurai themed set outside of Kamigawa

Maybe, but I have a feeling if they decided to do another Japanese flavored set (and they probably won't) they'll have the keyword be less specifically Japanese so they could use it in other sets.

Anyways, they won't do another Japanese set because it's too close to Kamigawa and would confuse people, and the closest we'll get back to Kamigawa is Tamiyo and maybe some stuff in Commander pre-cons or other supplemental products. Which just sucks because I love Kamigawa.
>>
>>51398039
That would be copy-pasting the lore of the Theros gods then you fucking troglodyte, just like I said.

It isn't slippery slope bullshit, you have no clue what you're talking about. WotC don't bring back block specific mechanics on another plane unless they're making that mechanic evergreen.

Why do you faggots even want devotion back? That meta was god awful.

Do you have to try to be this retarded?
>>
>>51397360
As a Cube guy all I want is all the possible Energy cards. In reality there just are not a lot of mechanics that has bind every color together. I want that shit to be evergreen. They can start printing Shock + get X Energy or Unsummon + X Energy or whatever.

Having a fucking battery/power plant is just the best mechanic Wizards has stumbled across in a while and it makes it so convenient to not have to track anything more than +1/+1 counters - we can have a universal battery to power our permanents instead of a variety of stupid charge counters of varying stupid names. And it makes me really fucking sad that it's not going to come back until we return to this plane.
>>
>>51394641
They finaly did with aether revolt.
>>
>>51398233
>That would be copy-pasting the lore of the Theros gods then you fucking troglodyte, just like I said.
Bringing back Gods and keeping them consistent with Theros gods is not ripping off the lore.

You keep repeating your point and calling me retarded, but you're not actually giving any reasons why it should be plane-specific. Hell, a couple years ago you'd be saying the exact same shit about Eldrazi showing up outside Zendikar.
>>
>>51399116
Holy shit are you fucking kidding me? We KNOW Eldrazi exist on multiple planes, the only reason we hadn't seen them prior is because when they go to a plane they annihilate it.

The quality of only having power when they're worshipped is unique to Theros gods. It was never mentioned that is just how gods work in the MtG canon, they'd have to rewrite the lore to make that the rule. Then they'd have to explain why godlike Nyxborn entities ended up on a bunch of different planes.

You want a reason why it should be limited mechanically? Because devotion is an awful mechanic that created an almost universally reviled standard format. No one in their right mind actually wants that back.
>>
>>51399288

Not that anon but:

> We KNOW Eldrazi exist on multiple planes

This is completely false. Eldrazis were something tied to Zendikar as small eldrazis are just drones of the Titans and the Titans were... imprisoned on Zendikar. Without any plot advancement it was unthinkable to consider Eldrazis anywhere else.
>>
>>51399288
>>The quality of only having power when they're worshipped is unique to Theros gods.
There is no reason that it has to be unique to Theros gods.
>It was never mentioned that is just how gods work in the MtG canon, they'd have to rewrite the lore to make that the rule.
They don't need to rewrite shit. They can just say "this is how gods work in the MtG canon." In what way does that take away from Theros' lore in any capacity?
>Then they'd have to explain why godlike Nyxborn entities ended up on a bunch of different planes.
Fuck off, that can be applied to any creature type that has shown up on multiple planes.
>You want a reason why it should be limited mechanically?
No. Mechanical problems can be fixed and balanced. Maro has said he really liked devotion, so I seriously don't put it past them to bring it back.
>>
>>51399429
The Eldrazi were described by Ugin as a threat to ALL planes. We knew for a fact they had been elsewhere and would go elsewhere if not dealt with.
>>
>>51399472
So you'd be fine if Ojutai monks just showed up on Kaladesh? Or Kami were on Mirrodin?

Nyx is a specific place on Theros, the only things we know of that are able to move between planes are planeswalkers and Phyrexia.
>>
>>51399486

Power of a god measured in a number of believers is also one of the most common tropes in fantasy. I cannot imagine why wtc can't use devotion mechanic for any gods-related set.

The only actual argument against it is the fact that Amonket is shaping up for shard colour based expansion.
>>
>>51399472
They said the worship part was something that made Theros gods unique, they would have to change that
>>
>>51399548
Techmically, the Phyrexians were moved by the oil in Karn.

If you're talking old Phurexia, I thought Dominaria was a hub world.
>>
>>51352454
>I don't belive that trophy Mage, as it is the excact same art as the regular card
Languish top8 promo was the same.
>>
>>51399548
I would be fine with MONKS showing up on Kaladesh.
I would be fine with SPIRITS on Mirrodin.
I would be fine with GODS fucking anywhere. I never mentioned Nyx you complete and utter retard.
>>51399573
Source?
>>
>>51399549
>The only actual argument against it is the fact that Amonket is shaping up for shard colour based expansion.
Actually yeah, it's probably going to end up being too much to pack in. I'm still happy either way. Alara is one of my favorite blocks.
>>
File: Demonic Pact (F).png (562KB, 1081x623px) Image search: [Google]
Demonic Pact (F).png
562KB, 1081x623px
My favorite Standard deck was Esper Demonic Pact during Khans-BFZ. After Demonic Pact rotated, I've been playing Demonic Pact in Frontier. It's really fun! It hardly loses to other decks, but occasionally loses to itself by not drawing any pacts and the rare "You lose the game" trigger.
>>
>>51399729
>Frontier
I LOVE this meme.
>>
>>51399640
The gods on Theros are from Nyx ffs, just shut up if you know literally nothing about this shit
>>
>>51399745
If I could play a legit Demonic Pact deck in Modern, I would.
>>
>>51399875
The gods of other planes could come from somewhere that isn't Nyx. That's the point. "God" does not read "Big Enchantment Creature From Theros".
>>
>>51399875
That is a question, though. Being out of place aside, could something "unique" to one plane move to another?

Case in point, you bring up Nyx: is Nyx within Theros, or is it like a demiplane with an express lane to Theros? And if that's the case, could the gods go from Nyx directly to another plane, assuming a method to do so (planar gateway, etc)?
>>
>>51399943
God, you're a mongoloid.
>>
>>51393608
UNF
>>
>>51399943
Name me another real god from another set.
>>
>>51399992
That could actually be a neat way of linking planes. Underworlds connecting planes would actually be a neat throughline between blocks that isn't as hamfisted as Eldrazi on Innistrad.
>>51400007
Okay.
>>51400057
There are none. The only precedent is Theros. What's your point here? Printing more gods doesn't mean they need to return to Nyx. Not all Humans/Vedalken/Goblins/Merfolk are explicitly from the same plane, but have similar themes.
>>
>>51393608
How come that they print promos for the sets that aren't from the block they're currently in? Amonkhet releases in march, but the first Kaladesh promo is in April?
>>
>>51400260

No idea. If I had to bet, I'd say they do it that way to announce them early and not spoil upcoming sets

It's a very pants on head retarded reason, but fits wotc
>>
>>51395509
Do you not understand what anecdotal evidence is?
>>
>>51400057
Are you one of those idiots that think "serum" and "cabal" can only ever mean one thing in reference to one specific plane? I distinctly remember a tard arguing the serum visions couldn't be reprinted in one of the Theros sets because it could only ever refur to blinkmoth juice.
>>
>>51401261
Makes sense to me. I mean, it wouldn't really make sense since blinkmoth serum and the effects thereof are pretty well tied to Mirrodin, but there's nothing stopping Wizards from doing it.

However, your argument that "Gods don't come from Nyx" is retarded because:

A) Yes, they do (the Theros gods, anyway)
B) In the absence of any other gods in the multiverse, we can derive that, at present, yeah god does mean "Big enchantment creature."
C) From a design standpoint, I doubt Wizards will ever put gods in another block. Every set has its "thing," with enchantment creatures and Nyx belonging to Theros. Just like you probablu won't be seeing Living Weapon pop up on Ravnica.
>>
Why has standard General turned into mtg lore
>>
>>51326905
Ishkanah wasn't even mainboard in any of the three delirium lists in top 8.
>>
>>51399472
>In what way does that take away from Theros' lore in any capacity?
It takes away from magic lore as a whole the beauty of the planes is anything can be difrent it would be fucking boring if gods worked the same way on every plane.

That said there is no reason they cannot have other gods that work like that but they should have a few planes with more normal gods first then do another devotion god plane.
>>
File: Lucent.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Lucent.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>51401908
You're not even replying to the right person.

>However, your argument that "Gods don't come from Nyx" is retarded because:
Never said this. Learn to read. All Gods don't NEED to come from Theros, just like all Goblins and Elves don't NEED to come from Dominaria.
>In the absence of any other gods in the multiverse, we can derive that, at present, yeah god does mean "Big enchantment creature."
"Big enchantment creature" doesn't read "Must be from Theros and nowhere else"
>C) From a design standpoint, I doubt Wizards will ever put gods in another block. Every set has its "thing," with enchantment creatures and Nyx belonging to Theros.
I'm not fucking arguing about Nyx being multiplanar.
But enchantment creatures, okay. Yes, it is currently territory solely occupied by Theros (save for pic related and arguably Urzablock animate-able enchantments).
>Just like you probablu won't be seeing Living Weapon pop up on Ravnica.
If Ravnica gets compleated, you just might.
>>
>>51402092
I could see them doing "ancient mythical civilization" blocks similarly. Theros' Greco backdrop could be swapped out with an Egyptian one in Amonkhet while keeping a throughline mechanically. I'd take that over another fucking "return to X" block.
>>
>>51402201
Well, yes, but I thought that went without saying.
>>
>>51401968
Because there's no meta yet. Bans stirred everything up and there haven't been enough FNMs yet to really solidify the best decks.
>>
>>51402282
There is only one god on Amonkhet, and he does not share power.
>>
>>51402303
What part of the post are you referring to?

>>51402319
He does enslave and there has to be conflict on the plane. This two-block system doesn't really allow for loads of mechanics though. If they're doing the shards, I doubt there'd be room for a god/enchantment subtheme. Most I can probably hope for is 5 gods, one per shard.
>>
>>51402384
Mechanics coming with their respective faction in an invasion-style block.
>>
>>51348930
I generally think the card is bad but Key to the City could do some work in this deck.
>>
>>51402282
>Return to X blocks suck

>So let's have Return to one of the most reviled blocks in recent memory
>>
>>51402384
The promo material specifically mentioned the 5 gods of Amonkhet, those who preside over the trial it is assumed Bolas uses to find planeswalkers
>>
>>51403311
>>So let's have Return to one of the most reviled blocks in recent memory
What?

>>51403328
Cool, hadn't read that blurb yet. But the form that they take might be different than expected. I really hope they don't just make them big dumb indestructible creatures or planeswalkers. I'm going to be happy either way. It's going to take a lot of bad for me to not dump loads of money on this set. Mythological Egypt aesthetic has always appealed to me.
>>
>>51403598
Theros was one of the worst, most hated standard formats in the last few years.
>>
>>51403709
Okay. I didn't say it should get a return set.
>>
>>51403598
I am the "devotion isn't coming back" anon. I fully expect gods to be a thing but I will eat my hat if we get devotion again.
>>
>>51403717
You said to keep a "throughline" between the two mechanically but just swap the greco roman backdrop with the egyptian one. How is that any different from Returning to X?
>>
>>51403731
Do you feel it'd be an actual problem in this standard? I don't see many enablers like RTR block gave to Theros. Granted I didn't play standard, so I don't know how intrinsically awful it was to play against, but do you feel that it is a mechanic that cannot be balanced in any standard environment?
>>51403770
Because mechanics aren't the only aspect of a set. Having an artifact subtheme doesn't make Kaladesh identical to Mirrodin.
>>
>>51403844
First and foremost, I think the mechanic was arbitrary and boring. Cards with more mana symbols being better is just stupid imo. As for if it could be balanced I'm not totally sure. If I had to choose I'd say no it couldn't be, since if mono color decks are good the best devotiom cards have next to zero opportunity cost and if mono color decks aren't good they're worthless.

I'd much rather see almost anything but devotion to be perfectly honest.
>>
>>51404049
>>51404049
>I think the mechanic was arbitrary and boring. Cards with more mana symbols being better is just stupid imo
Not really arbitrary. It makes sense. You might not find it exciting, but it fits the setting.
>if mono color decks are good the best devotiom cards have next to zero opportunity cost and if mono color decks aren't good they're worthless
Good point well made. I feel like it could be balanced though, especially going into the block without enablers like Nightveil Specter. Looking over current standard-legal cards, there's not much that would really set off a devotion deck, much less a mono-colored one.
>>
>>51404430
The fact that they made cards with more mana symbols better is completely arbitrary. It'd be like a mechanic that made card with an even number of letters in their name better.

Then the devotion cards would be worthless. The ultimate problem with devotion is that it must exist within a mono color deck. In a two color deck they're too inconsistent at the power levels we saw on Theros, and if they were powered up then they'd just be completely broken in a mono color deck and the deck would spring up over night and be oppressive.
>>
File: winnower.png (115KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
winnower.png
115KB, 223x311px
>>51404528
>The fact that they made cards with more mana symbols better is completely arbitrary
Your loyalty to a mana color can be construed as devotion to a god. Not arbitrary at all.
>It'd be like a mechanic that made card with an even number of letters in their name better.
That's Un-set level. Pic related is neat, if a little arbitrary.
Devotion never touched other formats outside of Gary in Pauper. There is a ceiling to it. I think it'd be a tough balance, but it's not that high on the storm scale.
>The ultimate problem with devotion is that it must exist within a mono color deck
If this block is going to be the shards, it doesn't need to be just mono color. Theros' design does not need to be 1-1 mirrored by Amonkhet if they try devotion again.
>>
>>51404641
I'm speaking only to standard, as it is my most played format. Also Modern and Legacy Fish both use the merfolk thst creates the elementals.

Multiple color devotion was just bad. None of the cards ever saw real play. I think a card that limits itself by what colors you can play with it is just doomed to failure.
>>
>>51404720
>Also Modern and Legacy Fish both use the merfolk thst creates the elementals.
Oh right, I don't think I've ever lost a round to Fish. Always had a Path or something for Master.

>I think a card that limits itself by what colors you can play with it is just doomed to failure.
Maybe. I think they've learned from theros and rhino standards to be smarter about keeping a balance. And they're clearly not afraid of banning things that get oppressive.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.