[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 60

File: 1457587138754.jpg (126KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
1457587138754.jpg
126KB, 679x960px
Tyranids Will Get Walkers edition

>Previous Thread
>>51320633

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, (Dont) ASK FOR IT!
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Help us kick Ahriman out, he keeps creasing the spines)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: HotTyranidBooty.jpg (223KB, 450x1008px) Image search: [Google]
HotTyranidBooty.jpg
223KB, 450x1008px
>>51323693
First for whynotfuckanid
>>
>>51323740
She only wants you for your biomass.
>>
>>51323693
>Just because it's competitive does not mean it's a competition.
>t. a retarded anon
>>
File: 1472119353245.jpg (70KB, 437x454px) Image search: [Google]
1472119353245.jpg
70KB, 437x454px
>>51323740
>>
>>51323740

So are the tyranid players all really chicks?
>>
6th for FAQS A SHIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>51323763
>there is only one definition of competitive
>because a game is a competition that means all definitions of competitive apply
>>
Will I ever get over my crippling loneliness and depression?
>>
>>51323776
I have a beard and a dick so i hope not
>>
>>51323763
No, what he was saying was
>Just because it's a competition it doesn't mean it's competitive
>what do you mean "pertaining to competition" is the definition of the word competitive?
>I wasn't talking about that definition, I was talking about this different one that I made up and which only I am using.
>>
>>51323803
>>I wasn't talking about that definition, I was talking about this different one that I made up and which only I am using.
unless I'm the oxford dictionary, I am certanly not the only one using that defintion
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/competitive
>>
>>51323803
>>51323789
>>51323763

I think Anon MEANT to say is that just because it's competitive doesn't mean it has to be antagonistic.
>>
>>51323799
Thats what some guys look for in a girl
>>
>>51323799
Only one of those things would be a problem and even that can be excused by being a Turkish woman.
>>
>>51323799
I too have a beard and a dick and am a tyranid player
>>
>>51322917
It has two players in a competition to achieve the mission's objectives. That makes it a competitive game.

Nice job ducking all the criticism of 40k as a narrative game by the way.

>>51323699
>competitive in this sense is focusing on winning and wining alone, where the only thing that matters is the outcome.
That's not the popular definition of competitive. That's "WAAC" in wargamer internet parlance. Why don't you try actually responding to my points instead of lying?

Shit, GW's even getting back into the competitive scene. Why are you acting like such a moron trying to defend their rationalizations for why they won't put effort into the game?
>>
>>51323799
Is it a feminine dick?
>>
>>51323693
Great Edition picture. Saved
>>
>>51323837
None of the definitions on that page match your made-up definition from last thread.
>>
>>51323865
Slaanesh leave
>>
>>51323789
There are three actually

>Definition of competitive
> 1
> : relating to, characterized by, or based on competition <competitive sports> <a competitive marketplace>
> 2
> : inclined, desiring, or suited to compete <a competitive personality> <competitive interest rates>
> 3
> : depending for effectiveness on the relative concentration of two or more substances <competitive inhibition of an enzyme>

>>51323841
It has to be though. That's the definition.
>>
>>51323754
>>51323686
Not really. I was thinking of replacing the trygon with either an exocrine or tyrannofex. I still dont have all of these models yet so this was just a rough draft. I have the hive vangaurd, trygon, mawloc, warriors, prime, and harpy.
>>
File: RulesAsRead.jpg (46KB, 1078x242px) Image search: [Google]
RulesAsRead.jpg
46KB, 1078x242px
I'm a bit behind here guys but Rules as written... and because whoever wrote these FAQs were lazy cunts.

This means Genestealer Cult cannot charge on turn 1 using Cult Ambush.

Only the most autistic idiot would enforce it... but RAW... it does, right?
>>
>>51323864
>That's not the popular definition of competitive.
so then when people debate about playing 40k casually or competitive, what exactly do you think casual means then, if it is supposed to be the antithesis to competitive? That players aren't playing against each other? that has to be the case, if we define competitive as anything with a winner and a looser.

>>51323879
wrong. see
>>51323758
>>
>>51323776
I think GW has a marketing issue when the main race wimmin seem to be able to relate to is the horde of characterless, all-consuming bugs.

At least they seem to be adding more female characters in recent stuff like Fall of Cadia.
>>
>>51323892
Yes a game might have a winner and a loser. But this does not mean that you gotta be a shitbird about winning and losing. Winning may be the goal of the game but if you have made winning the game the goal of your life then you are losing.
>>
>>51323911
>so then when people debate about playing 40k casually or competitive, what exactly do you think casual means then, if it is supposed to be the antithesis to competitive? That players aren't playing against each other? that has to be the case, if we define competitive as anything with a winner and a looser.

That stems from the fact that casual in that context is a dumb term to use, but in this context it implies making tactically unsound choices for aesthetic reasons, but it ultimately is still withing the competitive context of the game.

>>51323923
You should try presenting some arguments instead of just shitposting, buddy
>>
>>51323904

First of all fuck the idiot who wrote the question.

But yes, raw, just saying "no" was stupid and lazy.

It should have been (along the lines of) You may only charge on the first turn using Cult ambush on a 6.

Just saying no was lazy.
>>
>>51323921
>tsundere greyfax and celestine
>>
>>51323921

Fall of Cadia also passes the Bechdel test ...
>>
>>51323911
>>51323950
>so then when people debate about playing 40k casually or competitive, what exactly do you think casual means then, if it is supposed to be the antithesis to competitive? That players aren't playing against each other? that has to be the case, if we define competitive as anything with a winner and a looser.
>That stems from the fact that casual in that context is a dumb term to use, but in this context it implies making tactically unsound choices for aesthetic reasons, but it ultimately is still withing the competitive context of the game.

And bad balance arguably affects casual gamers even more as their lack of attention towards matters of balance means that it is far likelier that they break their meta accidentally, resulting in un-fun games (as unbalance takes away their possibility to make aesthetic game choices), compared to two gamers who know their lists and can strive to balance them against their enemy.
>>
File: Tyranids1 - 2000pts.jpg (274KB, 891x1054px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids1 - 2000pts.jpg
274KB, 891x1054px
>>51323902
reposting list
>>
>>51323911
Casual is essentially a meaningless term in the discussion of 40k.

Nice job ducking criticism, again. Please, try to justify your conflation of "WAAC" and "competitive."

In regards to definitions, quoting you from last thread (>>51323699)
>competitive in this sense is focusing on winning and wining alone, where the only thing that matters is the outcome.

That is not the same as (from Oxford)
> "having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others"
You can have multiple strong desires.
>>
Celestine is awesome. Recently killed about 900 points worth of stuff including a baneblade. Praise the Emperor.
>>
>>51323950
>but it ultimately is still withing the competitive context of the game.
but that competitive context is not what most people mean when they say "competitive play". people are not using the definition of "relating to a competition", they mean "Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others" where successful means winning and others means your opponent.
competitive play is not just playing a game with a winner and loser, it refers to a certain mindset.
perhaps when you say "competitive game" you just mean "it has a winner and a loser", but its a fucking war game, that's a given. playing competitively means focusing on winning, that the definition of the word.
>>
>>51323904
>Opponent cult ambush deployed and charged my skitarii warlord's squad turn 1
>21 radium carbine shots and 9 plasma caliver shots at BS 4 due to Emotionless Clarity warlord trait
>Rerolls due to prefered enemy

I laughed at the time but I still thought the first turn charges were bullshit, if you've got a shooty list you're fucked.
>>
>>51323923
>tau players
>>
>>51324005
I'm disappointed her wings aren't real

I wanted fem-Sanguinius ;__;
>>
>>51324005
congrats mate! but how'd you kill a baneblade ? what does celestine have that's strong enough to knock out AV14 besides her one use orbital thingy ?
>>
>>51324004
>> "having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others"
except it is. Being successful in the context of 40k means winning.
I have no need to justify anything, yu need to justify using competitive to mean "it has a winner and a loser", when that's a fucking given because it's a war game, and saying it's a competitive war game by your standard would be like saying "ATM Machine", you're saying the same thing twice.
>>
>>51324008
>perhaps when you say "competitive game" you just mean "it has a winner and a loser", but its a fucking war game, that's a given
Fuck yes that's a given, that's why everybody who tries to weasel out of that with the narrative bullshit excuse is full of shit. It's like someone trying to sell you a car, except you can't drive around in it because you install tires or a motor on it and they try to sell it to you because the seats are so comfortable.
>>
>>51324047
* because you can't install tires or a motor on it
>>
>>51324015
First turn charges are just an unfortunate but inevitable consequence of power creep. If it becomes impossible to survive multiple turns of walking across the board to get into CC, they have to introduce ways to get directly into CC.

40k needs a pretty major overhaul, especially in regards to the assault phase. Getting locked into CC needs to be less of an automatic death sentence for shooting units, Overwatch needs to have some trade-off, tar-pitting needs to be less of a thing, charges need to be less random in distance, etc.
>>
>>51324047
No, it's like playing football with your buddies in a yard instead of playing on a college team. Both have winners and losers, but winning is a much more important factor in one of them.
>>
>>51324040
Ardent blade is armourbane.
>>
>>51324080
When playing football with your buddies, do you put all the DYEL manlets on one team and the bouncers, ex-marines and sumo-wrestlers on the other team? No you don't
>>
>>51324042
You claimed that competitive meant ONLY caring about winning and losing. That's NOT what that Oxford definition says. Christ, I literally pointed out that you can have multiple strong desires (ie having fun, having a close game, forging a narrative, etc).
>>
>>51324047
>that's why everybody who tries to weasel out of that with the narrative bullshit excuse is full of shit
but by it being a given saying you're "playing competitively" is redundant, since everyone is playing competitively by the very nature of the game. so either there is another definition of competitive and you are trying to weasel out by using the "winner and loser" one, or you're using redundant words which is the equivalent of saying "ATM Machine"
>>
>>51324103
>but by it being a given saying you're "playing competitively" is redundant
Good thing Im not saying that.
>>
>>51324098
>You claimed that competitive meant ONLY caring about winning and losing
that doesn't answer my point.
if competitive just means "having a loser and winner", then there's no need to even say competitive war game, because a wargame is inherently competitive. Either competitive means something else, or you're just being redundant. Which is it?
>>
Deathwatch are possibly the most lazy and half-assed codex I think GW have every put out, I can't understand half of the decisions made.

>Can my Watch Captain take Terminator armour?
yes
>Can my Librarian take Terminator armour?
yes
>Can my Chaplain?
lol no...
>Why?
just no

>Can my kill team take a dedicated transport?
lol no

>Just to confirm, because the codex allows it, I can take shot guns and boltguns, right?
no

and it just goes on and on and on... Why did they bother?
>>
>>51324119
>Good thing I'm not saying that.
but you are. you're saying it's a competitive game, but by it's very nature it's competitive, so why say competitive? either competitive has either a defined or well understood meaning beyond "winner and loser", or saying a game is "competitive" is redundant.
>>
>>51324122
Do you even see the irony here? You repeatedly refuse to respond to my points, and now you're trying to claim that I'm not answering to your strawman. Go way back to what started this whole shitposting chain of yours.

>>51322663
>It's a competitive game. Competitiveness is natural and inevitable.

>The issue is entirely on GW's end. They need to unfuck the balance so that little Timmy can't fall in love with Riptides and accidentally ruin the meta of his local group.

So, to answer "Which is it?" It's neither. I never said it was a competitive wargame, I said it was a competitive game. You are entirely correct that wargames are, by their very nature, competitive.

At this point, you are literally arguing FOR my original post that you posted in disagreement to.
>>
>>51324164
>but you are. you're saying it's a competitive game, but by it's very nature it's competitive, so why say competitive? either competitive has either a defined or well understood meaning beyond "winner and loser", or saying a game is "competitive" is redundant.

Oh you mean that, there are games that are non-competitive like DnD, where no winners and and losers exist, or cooperative games
>>
>>51324028
It's pretty easy to swap them for feathery wings if you want.
>>
>>51323776
It's not all Tyranid players are chicks. It's all chicks in 40k are Tyranid players.
>>
>>51324128
They wasted all their creative juices on fucking GSC...
>>
File: Leafstealer - 1850pts.jpg (476KB, 900x1868px) Image search: [Google]
Leafstealer - 1850pts.jpg
476KB, 900x1868px
>>51324244
>They wasted all their creative juices on fucking GS
And yet you can get GSC lists like this one. (The Leman Russ is the Warlord as this army has no Characters).
>>
>>51324256
That's a lot of tanks
>>
>>51324256
Sergeants can be warlords.
>>
>>51323994
>>51323902
The Exocrine a pretty solid choice.
I remember the Trygon Prime not being quite worth it's points but it's still fun to deep strike this big creature whever you want so you do you.
Then again it's useful synapse if you want to go deepstrike heavy.
>>
>>51324128
GW just randomly not letting some IC's take options is pretty standard. Dark Apostles, Warpsmiths, Exalted Sorcerers, etc are all missing armor and/or mount options.

This FAQ is just one more reinforcement that GW gives exactly zero shits about making a fun, balanced, coherent game. Just discuss shit with your opponent. Then cry when your opponent's narrative doesn't mesh with yours and you're forced to rely on GW's shitty rules.
>>
>>51323921
>Women should play armies with women in it LOL.

faggot.
Tyranids are a lot cooler then shemale of battles
>>
>>51324273
Everything in the Demo Claw has Tank Hunters. Even the Goliaths, with their Twin-Linked Autocannons.

Every Acolyte/Neophyte unit can infiltrate with their transport. (Neophytes might Outflank though). The Armored Sentinels and the Russ in the Cavalcade also get to Outflank. The Leman Russ tank rolls Strategic, so either gives the army Stealth/MTC (Ruins), or also gets to Infiltrate/Outflank.

Basically, it's a tank army where most the tanks are being commanded by Creed hybrids.
>>
>>51324278
Unlike many armies, you can actually run Neophytes/Acolytes without a sergeant (Hybrid leaders are an optional upgrade). They're similar to Dark Eldar in that regard.
>>
>>51324292
It's more that 40K is a huge sausage party when it comes to humans and humanoid characters
Their main poster-army is entirely made of dudes without the possibility of females. Kinda says something
>>
>>51324308
Neat. I was looking towards getting some genestealer allies for my Tyranid force. A cultist mining crew seemed quite fitting with the general theme of my hive fleet being Raveners, Trygons, Mawlocs, and other burrowing things.
>>
>>51324328
It says that the vast majority of the consumer base is men. Or maybe it says that almost everyone involved in producing the miniatures and writing the fluff is a dude. Or maybe it says that throughout human history the vast majority of combatants have been men.
>>
>>51324349
>>51324308
Meant to say Acolytes might outflank. Neophytes Infiltrate with the Chimeras as Mining Laser bunkers.

The Subterranean Uprising is the most popular standalone formation and is definitely worth using if you're doing a "Terror from beneath" army. First Curse is if you want your Genestealers to rock standalone, and who knows? Maybe Demo Claw could be cute, if you strap Pyrovores on top of the Rockgrinders ("They finally have a use!").
>>
>>51324328
>It's more that 40K is a huge sausage party
so, who gives a shit? what would you prefer, quotas on how much women are represented in the fluff?
>>
tfw the Tyranid Hivemind is just another galaxy's Emperor of Hivekind
>>
>>51324328
> Their main poster-army is entirely made of dudes without the possibility of females.
>Kinda says something

The Emperor is Richard Simmons?
>>
>>51324397
Yes. All media, regardless of content, setting, theme, tone, or intent must have at least 50% female characters. Anything less is utter misogyny. All groups or organizations must have at least 50% members. Anything less is a hate group.
>>
File: 1443433462273.png (97KB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
1443433462273.png
97KB, 400x243px
>>51323921

Way too many female characters. The way FoC was written you'd think Saint Celestine was the most important person in the Imperium and that the other chick was the only Inquisitor worth a damn.
>>
File: space marine and sob.png (267KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
space marine and sob.png
267KB, 900x1200px
>>51324328
it's a lose lose situation

NO GIRLS WAAAAAH

THE GIRLS DEPICTED HAVE PERKY MOLDED TITS AND HIGH HEELS WAAAAAAH
>>
>>51324475
Abaddon plz

maybe if you had offered Spire men like he wanted you wouldnt have had your spine stabbed through
>>
>>51324217
>Non-fluff supported conversions

My autism wouldn't allow such a thing!
>>
>>51324375
>Or maybe it says that throughout human history the vast majority of combatants have been men.

In the vast future where there are combat drugs, high tech walkers and genetic engineering you're still pulling that excuse
>>
>>51324402
so what, Swarmlord is just Daemons of the Hivemind? The Nid version of Celestine?
>>
File: 1405088013645.jpg (16KB, 200x231px) Image search: [Google]
1405088013645.jpg
16KB, 200x231px
>>51324530

>he thinks he's a 40k lore gatekeeper

Sad!
>>
Hello friends, I want to get started with AdMech.

Is the War Convocation still a piece of shit thing to run? I was thinking it would be a nice thing to run against my Decurion abusing Necron friend.
>>
>>51324539
>but enough talk... have at (you)
>twice in the file name
So close. It's good though, I like it.
>>
>>51324534
Either respond in full or don't respond at all.
>>
>>51324479
There are plenty of models where they're clearly female without being some Heavy Metal inspired shit.
>>
>>51324593

Like what?
>>
File: Shadowsun im sorry.jpg (209KB, 939x765px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowsun im sorry.jpg
209KB, 939x765px
>>51324601
Shadowsun?
>>
>>51324601
Was building Dark Eldar scourges recently, that's what made me think of it.
And I'm aware of Wych cults and stuff like that in the army. I'm not so investing in turning 40K into some feminist paradise that you gotta change everything. Just would be nice to have some more subtly female models mixed in
>>
File: 1452225462005.png (182KB, 374x512px) Image search: [Google]
1452225462005.png
182KB, 374x512px
>>51324640

>Shadowsun clearly female
>>
>>51324652
>Eldar
>Boobplate the army

The only faction that includes females in a way that couldn't possibly be considered sexist is Tau, because their fire warriors and battlesuits are all unisex.

And even that won't satisfy people, because you need to have them with non-sexist boobplate so you can affirm to yourself that it's a girl.
>>
>>51324292
>Women should play armies with women in it LOL

It's more than the focus of the setting, the Imperium, is a massive sausage-fest, which has it's place, like with the Astartes, but really the setting could allow armies to be so much more varied.

The Sisters of Battle don't really off-set that because they're too obviously designed as 'The Designated Army For Women To Play' even if that's not how they've turned out

It's telling that whenever GW lend out their IP for vidya or roleplaying games, those companies generally include a lot more characters who are something other than a massively roided caricature of a hero/villian who's only emotions are RAEG 'n FUUUREH
>>
File: IMG_3305.jpg (392KB, 1820x1832px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3305.jpg
392KB, 1820x1832px
Why do 30k Word Bearers look like Flesh Tearers?
>>
>>51324128
>Tyranids get a good codex with lots of fun, flavourful options
>marines get fucked
It's like bizarro GW took over for two books.
>>
>>51324680
This all started as a passing comment. Having thought a huge amount into it. I just understand if women aren't as drawn into this game because of a lack of representation or something.
>>
>>51324700
I like how visibly wet Mira got for Titus
>>
>>51324375
>It says that the vast majority of the consumer base is men.

Yeah, but it's not a zero-sum game. Most (most) men don't react like vampires to holy water to the presense of female characters/models in their games, and it might mean girls who looked at the game but didn't really see any particular characters they could relate too might stick around, rather than just the minority of women who have a niche fetish for chitin and carnivorous maggot guns.
>>
>>51324725
I think it's more that women aren't drawn to the game because most women don't care as much about military wargames in space, not a lack of representation.
>>
>>51324727
Too bad Titus eats so many roids for breakfast that his benis practically fell off.
>>
>>51324727
She was a loyal soldier of the Imperium confronted by a SPESS MUHREEN.

It'd be heresy not to get wet. Even the male guardsmen get wet.
>>
>>51324256

52 hullpoints wow

even at armor 10 that's a ton of hullpoints to chew through in 6 turns
>>
File: 1329015353483.jpg (306KB, 798x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1329015353483.jpg
306KB, 798x1181px
>>51324700

She was cool. They never played her up either. Very down to earth character. Often when they introduce female chars she has to be 'the bestest ever and even more capable then men' ect.

Also that subtle feelings for a (super)man who could never return them because he loves the Emperor
>>
>>51324786
I'm happy that I'm seeing more RLM around these threads
>>
>>51324752
Maybe, but since it's been exclusively aimed at young males since inception (since that's who created it) we really don't have enough data to conclude conclusively either way.

We know from video games that a game having more female characters can potentially enhance it's appeal to some women.
>>
>>51324593
>Heavy Metal inspired
>shit
This is not a Tau being equipped with relics, so you have to choose one (1), and only one
>>
>>51324786
It might just be my fucked eyes but that is really hard to read...
>>
>>51324700
I want to play Sisters of Battle because secretly I like domineering women
Why won't GW enable my fetish with plastic sisters already?
>>
>>51324786
Yeah, I liked that. She was just a soldier doing her best in a really shitty situation.
>>
File: WP_20170121_14_03_43_Pro(1).jpg (389KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170121_14_03_43_Pro(1).jpg
389KB, 1024x576px
What are you lads up to?
I'm just finishing up painting my Punisher for my boy Pask.
Also thinking about getting a superheavy tank should I go Baneblade or Shadowsword?
>>
File: Winterassault.jpg (83KB, 800x488px) Image search: [Google]
Winterassault.jpg
83KB, 800x488px
So fa/tg/guys, I was doing some closet cleaning the other day and came upon my Imperial Guard army that's been gathering dust ever since i stopped playing, which was about when the 5th edition dropped.
I wish to get back playing, how well does the Imperial Guard stack up these days? Is it viable to play outside the fluffiest casual game or would I have to sell or trade for a functioning army?
>>
>>51324802
>We know from video games that a game having more female characters can potentially enhance it's appeal to some women.

Except that's not how it works, and apart from that pandering is stupid and they should just do what creatively comes to them. Quotas ALWAYS, without fault, reduce the quality of the end product.
>>
>>51324822
Febuary the 18th my friend.
>>
>>51324832
if you have a lot of tanks you are fine, otherwise you might have some troubles at least from what ive gathered, i dont play guard myself.
>>
>>51324832

What's the army composed of?
>>
>>51324712
DEEPEST LORE~!
>>
>>51324831
Gluing Skitarii vanguard together.

I haven't played in years and my previous army when I was a kid was Tau. Either my hands have become clunky in my old age or these things are waaay more fiddly and fragile than fire warriors.
>>
>>51324850
Anon, don't play with my boner
or at least buy me dinner first
>>
>>51324878
they are pretty fragile
>>
>>51324831
I just masked the canopy for my space marine flyer, going to try spraying it.
Tomorrow I'll paint my Land Raider Crusader and maybe even go buy some more marines or something similar, I'm not sure.
>>
>>51324831
Finally working through two dozen cultists I've had sitting around forever. After that, I'm gonna work on a Rhino and some havocs that I ordered.

Also, Banesword
>>
I had a suggested rule change for charging from vehicles a few threads ago but didn't get much feedback good or bad, how does this sound?

Units may disembark and assault from any transport as long as the transport does not move in the movement phase (To represent the disembarking process).

Wargear and special rules that previously allowed charging from transports,(Assault ramps, open-topped etc.) remove the restriction on the movement of the transport.

It mitigates units having to stand outside of their transport for a turn with their thumbs up their arses but stops 2fast4u rushes from becoming a thing.
>>
>>51324831
Supposed to finishing my termagaunts but they are staring at me while i try to work up the will to finish them.
>>
>>51324849
Who said quotas, it's basically just saying 'can you think of any female characters that could fill X role within the story'.

If you're definition of 'pandering' is 'including female characters at all' you're not allowing much of a middle ground in this discussion.

Like Master of Mankind had a female Knight baroness. Didn't have to be female, could have been another male baron like almost every other one in the BL, but she still turned out to be a great character and it balances the gender scales of the Imperium's fluff a bit.
>>
>>51324700
I want official female heads just so I can make Mira.
>>
>>51324951
it sounds fine, but GW doesnt like things that make sense.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1930pts.jpg (267KB, 900x1619px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1930pts.jpg
267KB, 900x1619px
>>51324861
>>51324867
Currently it looks pretty much like this and I have an Imperial Strongpoint somewhere I have yet to find in my cleaning.
I used to play casual games with some friends, never bothered about meta much. It would be nice if I could win SOME game ever now and then though, so I might need to buy a tank or two as I get back into painting.
>>
>>51324831
Shadowsword.
>>
>>51324951
No, assault armies need to be nerfed not buffed.

t. AdMech player
>>
>>51324831
Accepting that a lot of my guardsmen are going to get sub-par paint jobs because I assembled them before painting and used plastic glue. Oh, and they got plastic glued to their bases, so the bases probably won't get done either.

These guys might just become conscripts and my guys that I do sub-assemblies on will be real guardsmen.
>>
File: 1475016623118.jpg (37KB, 495x325px) Image search: [Google]
1475016623118.jpg
37KB, 495x325px
>>51324700

I largely agree with all of this.

It makes sense that a lot o the Imperium we see is male, since men are by default the combat models of the species while women are biologically designed for producing babies. That sounds sexist, but it's biology. When a war's on, it's men who fight it and even 38,000 years of evolution would not change this.

However, even if evolution can't turn women into men it can make the differences between them less relevant to warfare. The sisters of battle don't need the same strength as men, since they have power armor, for example. It's less important to have a male build when hauling weight and running long distances is done by technology.

Then you have to account for the millions of human societies out there and how they pattern themselves, biology or not. Mira is a Cadian, and the entire population of Cadia is (was) a military force. Every asset is used in Cadian total war, regardless of how optimally effective it might be. I bet Mira can't carry as much gear as her men do, but that doesn't matter. Cadians are pragamatic, and would recognize that women are still excellent shots even if they aren't pack mules. Mira also happens to be a brilliant unit commander, and what she lacks in endurance she more than makes up for in the command center.

So in most war settings, and even to some extent in 40k, I can understand why women would be underrepresented. It makes some sense. But in 40k, the Imperium is so vast and diverse culturally and militarily, and technology is so bewilderingly advanced, that you should expect the assumed norms to be broken some of the time.
>>
>>51324831
doing a noise marine champion to motivate myself to paint his 30 other comrades.
>>
>>51324951
I think that would be fine. If you wanted to take it a step further, you could have it specifically apply to the rear hatches of a transport. So, for example, you could assault after disembarking out of the rear hatch of a Rhino, but not the side doors.

That would make it still possible, but shorten the charge range to a degree unless you drove backwards towards someone.
>>
>>51324987
seems fine to me, but i dont play guard so its possible that i have no idea what im talking about.
>>
>>51325009
doh
>>
>>51324987
AWWWW FREASH MEAT
>>
>>51324712
I don't know. Someone go ask FW.
>>
>>51324786
>>51324828
what is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To5I5_L2y2s
>>
>>51324652
Speaking about Celestine.....

>Sigismund a normal marine dude duels Abaddon in the first Black Crusade
>It's an equal match up with the outcoming coming down to the wire
>thanks for Sigismund sacrifice and the efforts of the Black Templar Cadia is saved

>Celestine the Living Saint of the Emperor. Empowered by the Emperor to Daemon Prince like levels. She duels Abaddon in the 13th Black Crusade
>Celestine was no match to Abaddon even with all her power. She needed her Gemini bodyguard to fight beside her against Abaddon to even the fight out and even then they were struggling against
>Once she lost her power she was defeated with a literal bitchslap. Swatted down like a gnat despite being one of the greatest sisters to ever live
>Her failure cases Cadia to fall

Is GW sexist? There one reason why I can think off to explain why they write their female characters so weak compared to their main counterparts.
>>
Reposting my fandex looking for more feedback.

To reiterate I do this cause I think making codecies is fun. Im a masochist what can I say.
>>
>>51325078
Dude, Sigismund is literally stronger than Abbaddon. He can almost win against Primarchs.
>>
File: 1476733809220.jpg (17KB, 218x225px) Image search: [Google]
1476733809220.jpg
17KB, 218x225px
>>51325069

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>51325078
To be honest Abaddon had literally a millennium of time to train between getting slapped by the marine and fighting a saint.
On the other hand I think GW is just wanting to write the Sisters out of the canon.
>>
>>51325078
without the warp powers of the emperor she is just another sister of battle, aka another human with power armor, also by the time of the 13th black crusade im sure the dark powers loaded abby up with all kinds of buffs since the first one.
>>
File: black ranger axe gun.jpg (11KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
black ranger axe gun.jpg
11KB, 191x264px
>>51325078
it's not a fair comparison

Sigi founded the best chapter
>>
>>51324015
>The edition of "fuck you assault armies".
>Complaining about an assault trick, even though it was easily countered.

GSC can be a bitch, I admit, but Overwatch needs to fucking die.
>>
File: 1475462991994.png (381KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1475462991994.png
381KB, 601x601px
>>51325095

>fandex
>>
>>51325040
p-please be gentle.
Back in the crossover between the 4th and 5th edition, Chaos where pretty much pushovers. How do they fare now versus the guard?, A regular at my LGS fields Chaos Marines, he said he'd challenge me as soon as I get my army in order.
>>
File: 60908a8e25_87893211_o2.jpg (105KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
60908a8e25_87893211_o2.jpg
105KB, 1600x900px
>>51325104
I mean, is this a specific movie reference because that sounds stupid. Or is this an exaggerated meme, in which case, whatevs.

The song was to illustrate that I am ignorant in these matters, amphibian inquirer.
>>
>>51325078
Sigismund is pretty much the best non-Primarch, non-Scoria Duelist that literally did nothing but duel other people out there, Celestine is just a normal human on warpdust
>>
>>51325102
Then how come he lost to Abaddon?
>>
>>51325106
To be fair, GW has always wanted to squat Sisters, and were it not for Andy Chambers, it would have happened and they would not have appeared in Codex: Witchhunters.
>>
File: 2W9lNL8.png (5MB, 2562x1436px) Image search: [Google]
2W9lNL8.png
5MB, 2562x1436px
>>51325040
The Imperium has daemon prince(sse)s now and they're better than yours, so trot back off to your massive purple space-anus like a good little traitor.
>>
>>51325141
the picture of the guy talking is him having a joke about how strong female characters are often written in action movies. It's from Red Letter Media
>>
File: кхарн и аргел тал.jpg (1MB, 1210x990px) Image search: [Google]
кхарн и аргел тал.jpg
1MB, 1210x990px
>>51325163
How Cadia? I heard she ill
>>
>>51324593
>Heavy Metal inspired shit
>what is warhammer

get out and go play infinity you fag
>>
>>51325152
He became a several milennia old man, while Abbaddon became Horus 0.4.
>>
>>51325152
ADB, Abbadon psychofan writes about this. And only thing we know about this duel is that it happend and Abaddon still lives.
>>
>>51324700

The rare female 40K player and/or collector I see plays either Dark Eldar or Tyranids.
>>
>>51325172
CADIA STANDS
>>
>>51324963
>Like Master of Mankind had a female Knight baroness. Didn't have to be female, could have been another male baron like almost every other one in the BL, but she still turned out to be a great character and it balances the gender scales of the Imperium's fluff a bit.

>'can you think of any female characters that could fill X role within the story'
and that's pandering
Here's how they should do it
>'okay, we got a badass knight baron, I wrote all his chapters already and his gender is not important, I'll flip a coin'

>balances the gender scales of the Imperium's fluff a bit.
who the fuck cares. It's absolutely normal that most fighting personnel would be male, why would you try to "fix" that?
On the other side, seeing two thirds of all high ranking support personnel be female just so you can fulfill your cunt-quota is just jarring. Why are all the astropaths suddenly female? Why are so many ship captains suddenly female? It's too obvious that they are trying to be inclusive and that hurts the quality of the story, as you can really tell that every time you got a single important human among Astartes it's gonna be a female.
>>
File: 14656745699659.jpg (454KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
14656745699659.jpg
454KB, 1920x1080px
>>51325141
It's from the SPESS MUHREEN game.
>>
>>51325178
Age doesn't affect marine abilities. They are immortal.
>>
>>51325192
WITH ASSCRACK
>>
>>51325127
>cant handle peoples hobbies

I bet you like to bitch about warhammer then do nothing about it.
>>
>>51325172
How's Abaddon, I heard he's having trouble dressing himself without help these days?
>>
>>51325193
Personally, gender doesn't register to me since I am told that the Imperium doesn't care about it.

If you care this much, then you are sexist.
>>
>>51325195
This is actually false though, it's that no marine has died of old age. The Ultramarines actually have retirees that work on Ultramar, or something along those lines.
>>
File: Альфарий.jpg (652KB, 873x876px) Image search: [Google]
Альфарий.jpg
652KB, 873x876px
>>51325202
I dont give a fuck about him
>>
>>51325202
Fine considering spinal injuries are not crippling to marines due to the Black Carapace.
>>
>>51325219
Maybe they are too injured to fight.
>>
>>51325006
>But in 40k, the Imperium is so vast and diverse culturally and militarily, and technology is so bewilderingly advanced, that you should expect the assumed norms to be broken some of the time.

No. Here's something to think about: Women get pregnant. That's incredibly important as that makes women incredibly important for mankind. So unless there's a good reason, women have no reason to fight as the opportunity cost is far too high.

>you should expect the assumed norms to be broken some of the time.
You do. You got sisters who are trained because the ecclesiarchy are rules-lawyers and you got planets like Cadia where everybody fights because everybody has to. It gets weird when all the high ranking human military officers are turned female to 'balance' out Marines or something dumb as that.

>>51325218
>waah you evil sexist
nice meme
>>
>>51325218
If the Imperium didn't care for it, why are there no female space marines?
>>
File: IMG_3319.jpg (36KB, 300x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3319.jpg
36KB, 300x261px
>>51325163
Nuh uh! Khorne's Daemon Princess a best. Though a new model as detailed and powerful as Celestine's would be cool.
>>
>>51325193
I guess all those coin flips came out male
>>
>>51325245
Because Imperium =/= Emperor
>>
>>51325218
>Personally, age doesn't register to me since I am told that the Imperium doesn't care about it.

>If you care this much that all the characters in warhammer 40k are now 4 year olds, then you are ageist.
>>
>>51325193
>seeing two thirds of all high ranking support personnel be female just so you can fulfill your cunt-quota is just jarring.

Honestly, seeing women in fiction doesn't really trigger me like this so I disagree, but it seems your mind's pretty irrevocably made up so I'll drop it.
>>
>>51325244
>No. Here's something to think about: Women get pregnant. That's incredibly important as that makes women incredibly important for mankind. So unless there's a good reason, women have no reason to fight as the opportunity cost is far too high.

There is no shortage of births in the Imperium, you sexist. The Imperium has a surplus manpower.
>>
>>51325244
This argument seems to be stuck in extremes. you think that it's all female or no female. Most of us want some female where at the moment we have minuscule amounts of female
>>
>>51325281
>>51325284
>waaah waaah evil sexist
maybe you should try going on facebook, that might the a more fitting community for you
>>
>>51325280
>>If you care this much that all the characters in warhammer 40k are now 4 year olds, then you are ageist.

Some BL novels have child characters. I didn't mind.
>>
Get hype.
>>
>>51325193
>I'll flip a coin

So you're saying Black Library and GW codex writers are breaking the laws of probability and that's why the setting is 99% male?

>cunt-quota

lewl

>Why are all the astropaths suddenly female?
>Why are so many ship captains suddenly female?

Because spastics like you would have an even greater shit-fit about muh realism (in Warhammer 40k of all fucking places) if they were included as frontline combatants?
>>
>>51325305
I didn't call you sexist tho...

victim complex much?
>>
>>51325322
>work weekends for years
>finally get a schedule with regular saturdays off
>shit keeps happening on fridays and sundays

Fuck you.

I'm glad I don't give any fucks about space elves.
>>
>>51325322

Jesus they just combine all craftworlds?
>>
>>51325245
because they would not survive the gene-seed implementation process, their physiology is too different from that of the primarchs.
>>
>>51325322
Wraithknight 2.0

calling it
>>
>>51325244

>women get pregnant
Yes, they do. But that doesn't mean that somewhere out there amongst a million human worlds there isn't one or even a thousand work around this biological fact out of either cultural or military necessity.

I bet Cadians do something like assign pairing for the birthing and raising (they probably call it 'training') of children. Women are probably off the line halfway through their pregnancy, but after giving birth they are probably right back at it.

>opportunity cost too high
That's a decent point, but that tradeoff depends on how important it is to have a bigger military force this very moment than in the future. Cadia could just make its women permanent breeders and have all those wombs safely hidden away making more divisions for them, but they lose half their population to out on the front lines right now.

>officers
Agreed that's kind of dumb. I would expect a higher proportion of officers and inquisitors to be female because in that age gender doesn't seem to matter much for wealth or influence, and those attributes are probably a bigger deal than gender or even competence, really. If your blood is blue enough you can be an officer, an admiral, etc. It doesn't mean there should be some kind of gender-balancing act where all officers are female because all front line soldiers are male, though.
>>
Why does the 40k general always take bait

No wonder people keep making 40k threads outside of it
>>
>>51325359
And why were there only male primarchs?
>>
>>51325387
what else is there to talk about?
>>
>>51325394
same reason probably
>>
>>51325394
Because the emperor was male and used himself to template the primarchs
>>
>>51325394
because they were made from the emperor's gene-seed and would you look at that he's a guy.
>>
>>51325245
Because the Emprah didn't listen to Malcador the Sensible's advice and made all the Primarchs male, and space marines are mini-clones of the Primarchs.
>>
>>51325394

Males are a better template to build a 9 ft tall death machine on than women are.
>>
File: 52a.jpg (21KB, 604x499px) Image search: [Google]
52a.jpg
21KB, 604x499px
>>51325419
And why was there only a male emperor?
>>
File: 4456151514.jpg (70KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
4456151514.jpg
70KB, 570x300px
>>51325387

the rate this place gets baited is amazing

I almost feel like generals dont work since you only need the stickys in this place
>>
>>51325303
>This argument seems to be stuck in extremes. you think that it's all female or no female
Far from it. I'm pissed off that 2/3rds of unaugmented humans in top military roles are now female when common sense dictates that women simply are not gonna be as present in the fighting forces as men. I don't give a fuck when techpriests, or alpha legion operatives or literally any other group of people who actually realistically have a 50/50 gender ratio actually have that ratio. But go ahead and count how many female flag ship captains are running around. That's more than 50 % and even the 50 % would be weird because women in the regular fighting force are just not worth it.

>>51325341
>So you're saying Black Library and GW codex writers are breaking the laws of probability and that's why the setting is 99% male?
I'm saying that trying to artificially write in females is retarded and noticeable
If you make 50% of character female where gender does not matter (techpriests, aristocrats, civilians) that's fine and makes things more believable
For example, Guilliman's mum was a cool character and actually fit the situation, as was the leader of the dishonored knights in Master of Mankind or the astropath queen in praetorian of dorn.
But if actual combat personnel like captains of a legio's flagship are suddenly in majority female, that breaks suspension of disbelief.

>That's a decent point, but that tradeoff depends on how important it is to have a bigger military force this very moment than in the future. Cadia could just make its women permanent breeders and have all those wombs safely hidden away making more divisions for them, but they lose half their population to out on the front lines right now.
That's why I'm not complaining about female Cadian soldiers, but rather this:

> It doesn't mean there should be some kind of gender-balancing act where all officers are female because all front line soldiers are male, though.

Exactly. It's dumb as shit
>>
>>51325358
>All the Craftworlds clump together into one giant blob the size of a solar system

I am ok with this.
>>
>>51325359
Actually, Fabius Bile says that female marines are possible but the Emperor choose not to include females in the marines.

Fabius in his creation of the "new men", implanted lesser version of the geneseed into both normal boys and girls. They came out equally fine, with the girls often being stronger.
>>
>>51325381

who breeds all the women?
>>
So about them there tau
>>
>>51325457
The men in the 20 minutes before they get shipped of to war.
>>
File: 4545421512165131.jpg (193KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
4545421512165131.jpg
193KB, 680x510px
>>51325460

Fucking faggot ass blue guys
Farsights cool though
>>
>>51325455
key word, lesser version.
>>
>>51325460
They don't have relics they have sig systems
so relic rules don't apply to them.
>>
File: Guard List.png (100KB, 676x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Guard List.png
100KB, 676x2200px
My group strictly plays 1500, and this is what I have right now. Have I spread myself across too many different playstyles with this?
>>
>>51325457
There is a regiment in Legion where all the officers are telepathic Nymphos who then serve as surrogate wombs for the gene-hanced soldiers
>>
File: 1454635693.jpg (214KB, 426x1869px) Image search: [Google]
1454635693.jpg
214KB, 426x1869px
>>51325443
>captains of a legio's flagship are suddenly in majority female

Fuck you, Cpt. Sarrin was a brilliant character.
>>
where's the I2 ork guy when you need him
>>
>>51325493
>Fuck you, Cpt. Sarrin was a brilliant character.
Sure, but in the context, why the fuck are they all female?
>>
File: 1429307259829.png (39KB, 626x551px) Image search: [Google]
1429307259829.png
39KB, 626x551px
>Orks are a melee race!
>I2
>>
File: HeresyStamp.png~original.png (81KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
HeresyStamp.png~original.png
81KB, 350x350px
Old 40k player here. (Started in 2nd and quit in 4th edition)

I have an ork army, some unbuilt space marines and an unbuilt cadian defense force. (equivalent - the leman which I have none of)

I kinda feel like saying fuck it and starting a different army.

I noticed they now sell these Start Collecting 40k sets. Which of those are the nicest to build off of? Or am I retarded and should just build my space marines and army dudes.

I pretty much like the fluff for every faction in 40k.

Basically I'm asking which starter is the best platform to launching a new collection (Maybe buying multiples)

On side note. I have some Rustolem green camo spray paint cans. Do these work okay for primer?
>>
File: i am the captain now.jpg (20KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
i am the captain now.jpg
20KB, 640x640px
>>51325520
because why not?
>>
File: LegionCoverPainting.jpg (255KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
LegionCoverPainting.jpg
255KB, 1600x900px
>>51325486
Geno Five-Two Chilliad?

Not quite what you were describing, all their officers were female and mildly psychic and had their all eggs harvested and rapidly vat-grown into soldiers.

So by the time the women were old enough to command, the men they were commanding (from behind the lines) were their children, so they had an empathic link with them that allowed them to feel what was happening at any given time, who was scared, who was tired, ready for action or had just been disemboweled by a xenos.

So not so much surrogate wombs but more weaponised maternal instinct.

Also teenage girls who can't get pregnant trying to jump their regiment's officer's bones all the time because lewd.

Actually a pretty cool idea all in all.
>>
>>51324951
Isn't it already like that? Or was that a previous edition?
>>
File: 1484961204473.jpg (689KB, 1000x2824px) Image search: [Google]
1484961204473.jpg
689KB, 1000x2824px
>>51325536
>s3
>>
File: 1484899665370.png (63KB, 1024x495px) Image search: [Google]
1484899665370.png
63KB, 1024x495px
This thread has turned into Baitfest 2017.

Can we please keep the conversation about 40k? Ignore the SJW who's trying to make you go off topic, because you know what happens next.

40k is a game that we all enjoy the way it is. I just want to enjoy my hobby without your political bullshit ruining it.

Go bait one of the other boards.
>>
File: riptide (2).jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
riptide (2).jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Just bought my first non secondhand miniature. It is also the first big suit I have purchased for my tau army since I just have a ton of firewarriors, kroot, and crisis suits. So how did I do friends?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (2MB, 1262x1752px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
2MB, 1262x1752px
>Defenders of Cadia include:

>Dark Angels
>Angels of Absolution
>Consecrators
>Angels of Redemption
>Space Wolves
>Angels Sanguine
>Blood Angels

>Can't use Dark Angels, Blood Angels, or Space Wolves in a Castellans of the Imperium detachment
>>
File: 1253629073016.jpg (872KB, 1528x1455px) Image search: [Google]
1253629073016.jpg
872KB, 1528x1455px
>>51325476
So, when sash'la kais dies will he become a daemon prince of Khorne? He's more qualified than 95% of current daemon princes.
Source: Fire warrior game.
>>
>>51325520
Legio are basically exaggerated males in terms of character as well as physiology, maybe they respond better to being given orders by a female who is outside of the male rivalry dynamic and could never become a legionary, rather than weak mortal male they see as beneath contempt due to not being a legionary despite being biologically capable?
>>
>>51325124
Don't forget that you can assault if at least one model in your unit can see the enemy, only models in line of sight can overwatch, and you can still charge even if you lose models to overwatch.

Then there's also extreme MSU.
>>
Where can I buy Sabre Weapons Platform models for the Imperial Guard? They don't seem to sell them on the FW website anymore. Is ebay my only option?
>>
>>51325611
Fire Warrior AND Dark Crusade.

He gets around.
>>
>>51325608
>Space Wolves proudly fielding their mutated wolf-kin and their allies accept them despite it
>Blood Angels asking other chapters for support with the black rage and their allies accept them despite it
>Dark Angels still going full autismo over MUH SEKRET SHAME!!
When are they going to get over it?
>>
>>51325599
>SJW boogeyman

This who thing started with a throw-away comment about how it was cool to see more female characters in FoC triggered retards.
>>
>>51325603
>friends

Not for long. Riptides have a notorious reputation for being overpowered unless you intentionally gimp them.
>>
>>51325648
It's not certain if it's the same kais. O'shovah was called kais too in the earlier days.
>>
>>51325603

Well, you generally can't go wrong with the bigger Tau battlesuits.

But don't be afraid to give the Broadsides a try or Vespids a look.
>>
>>51325648
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wREBD2og5iY
'Round, 'round get around shas get around
I'm gettin board flyin round the same old gulf I gotta find a new hood to spread the greater good
>>
I just want more women to play.
Not this
I never wanted this.
>>
File: 1380031322092.jpg (980KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1380031322092.jpg
980KB, 2560x1600px
>>51325590
BTW, is this kinda what Titus does in the title screen to Space Marine? It looks like he might stop the orks axe hand with one hand before he cuts it down. Or maybe not. It goes pretty fast and Titus is obscuring the view.
>>
>>51325663
Well since it looks like most of the major players know all about the Fallen already - very soon
You already have Azrael showing remorse and with the rumoured hunt for the fallen campaign ...
>>
Where to find CSM warband paint scheme?
>>
>>51325739
It looks like a perfectly useable move to do to someone.
Just not a guard doing it to an ork
>>
>>51325732
>tfw no cute girl to play children's games with
The only girl I knew who was in to 40k got banned from the store for being a complete nutcase.
>>
>>51325663
To be fair, 'We might be the reason the Emprah's nearly-dead' is a slightly bigger issue than 'Our gene-seed is slightly unstable'.
>>
>>51324128
>Deathwatch are possibly the most lazy and half-assed codex I think GW have every put out, I can't understand half of the decisions made.

You clearly haven't read the Ork codex
>>
>ork triumvirate
>Ghazkull avatar of Gork - waaagh! is always active
>Ghazkull avatar of Mork - all orks can jink on 4+
>Orkimedes - all orks can deepstrike (tellyporta teknology) and charge in same turn
>>
When I call the invocation of the elements and do the one that allows you to have extra shots on rapid fire. Does it allow you to provide that extra shot during an overarching and supporting fire? So essentially having 30 shots on 10 fire warriors during over watch or is this only during my own shooting phase?
>>
>>51325777
I wouldn't say that the BA geneseed is a little unstable as less people per year are getting sucessfully turned into marines.
>>
>>51325807
>all Orks can jink
Ork boyz just flipping out and jumping around to dodge bullets
>>
>>51325777
>Our gene-seed is slightly unstable
More like "our gene-seed is going fucking crazy and our marines are mutating out of control/losing their minds"
>>
>>51325648
You moron. I am tired of correcting people on this.

La'Kais (The Kais from the game) was born 200 years after the Damocles Crusade.

O'Kais (The guy in Dark Crusade and the GW fluff) Trained under Puretide alongside Shadowsun and Farsight before the Damocles Crusade. He was frozen after the Damocles Crusade and released to be one of the commanders of the TSE.

How can you faggots get this so wrong? Kais is just a common name among the Tau.
>>
>>51323994
>170pt Tyranid Prime
>>
>>51324700
is /tg/ seriously this fucking autistic? women aren't a different species for christ sake, they play w/e the fuck they wanna play just like dudes do.
>>
>>51325807
>Ghazkull avatar of Gork - 6+ fnp
>Ghazkull avatar of Mork - all orks can move d3 extra inches charging
>Orkimedes - all orks can deepstrike but always suffer a mishap
>>
>>51325434
>9 foot
Primarchs are usually in the 12 foot range
Marines 7-8
Custodes 10 or so
>>
>>51325887
after stuff that celestine and belisarius got, I could expect getting that kind of shit on orks
>>
>>51325887
>Avatar of Gork - reroll save rolls of '1'
>Avatar of Mork - Fleet & free red paint job
>Orkimedes - Roll a die for each troop before deployment, on 6 that troop gets deep strike
>>
File: trukk.jpg (91KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
trukk.jpg
91KB, 920x950px
how do we fix it?
>>
>>51325807
I'd take avatar of gork and orkimedes, especially with this anon
>>51325887
sugestion for mishap on every drop
>>
>>51324978
She was an idiot
>tells Titus to ignore the orders of an Inquisitor and his marine retinue right in front of them
>>
File: HR9oro2.jpg (86KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
HR9oro2.jpg
86KB, 960x960px
>>51324786
>Says this
>Then talks about how awesome TFA was
Bravo RLM
>>
>>51325561
accidentally posted reply in old thread

they are all pretty nice

the Armored Assault boxes with the troop and transport are amazing deals and fantastic for every faction that gets them

the Start Collecting! bundles are also great deals, and they include a formation allowing you to field the units in the box separately from the normal FOC.

In both cases they offer 20-40% savings, and even more if you get a discount on ebay or from your local game store.
>>
>>51325876

>Either the lore is inconsistent or there are two important characters with the same name
>HMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>51325924
by leaving in on shelf

only point to buy trukk is to use it with mek gun box to make 4 of mek guns
>>
>>51325219
Unknown
There was a salamander who stayed in sus-an since the Heresy
Unfortunately he wasn't hooked up to feeds so he was practically a spooky skeleton inside his armour - but his gene seed was viable
>>
>>51325955
people use them to kitbash all the time

I want to really like the ork trukk, but it is so bad

maybe if it could jink?
>>
>>51325924
Trukks are good, fix the Orks they carry being so shit.
>>
>>51325924
Make Ramshackle mean that they lose one less HP each time they would lose a HP. They're still open-topped, so you can still destroy them with Melta, Immobilize them, Grav them, etc.
>>
>>51324850
Never let the meme die
>>
>>51325967
Whether or not Space Marine can die of old age seems to change with every author. You have Ultramarines in the Fall of Damnos novel saying their lifespan has never been put to the test, and the 10,000 atrophied Salamander, also Polus living for about 1000 years before dying in battle.
Then you have ADB saying they get too old to fight or the Blood Angel codex saying they live longer than other space marines (even though we have a space wolf whose approaching his 800s without slowing down, and the aforementioned Salamander and Polus)
>>
>>51325924

Remove the ability for the thing to explode for one.
>>
File: PicsArt_01-21-10.50.15.jpg (319KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_01-21-10.50.15.jpg
319KB, 750x1000px
>hear about Warhammer 40,000
>play some vidya of it, watch some vids on it
>It's just guys in blue armor fighting orks in space, fucking meh
>see rulebook at comic book shop, buy it for the hell of it
>flip through until I get to the lore section
>it's a massive universe of cyborg technomancers, necrotic warriors, psychic powers, flying skulls, priests, seers, cityships, fuedal barbarism, and colossal titans

Why does no iteration of this game do the lore justice? Because my god is the lore awe-inspiring, with a cosmically vast bestiary and history unlike any other.
>>
>>51325876
I was one of the best Shas'la in the Viorla Sept in my time. No one before me had mastered the power of our Crisis Battlesuits as quickly as I had. Except Puretide himself of course. In those days we were sweeping across the Damocles Gulf. Devastating all who wouldn't join us. Young fire warriors would prove themselves in real combat with unknown opponents above a thousand worlds. Each brought back the story of his achievements.

I remember my first combat well, orbiting high above a barbaric world, its defenses just stirring. As was tradition, I would go ahead of the first wave to find enemies in the thickest fighting. I remember sitting there in my armor, linked directly with the battlesuit thrumming around me. My heart racing with fear at the coming battle.

The doors opened in front me and the air was sucked out of the drop bay, scattering crystals of frozen vapor across my path. I can't describe what it feels like to look directly down at a world, falling continuously as you circle it, with barely fifteen centimeters of iridium plate protecting you. When the magnetic locks disengaged on my XV-8, I plunged out of the drop bay towards the battle that waited below.

The exhilaration, the euphoria, I felt as I streaked into the atmosphere, dodging self-guided projectile and crude beam weapons, was unmatched. An 80 kilometer plunge through the atmosphere, dodging and weaving, the outside of my armor glowing like the sun with the heat of re-entry. And with barely thirty meters to spare, I twisted and skimmed the surface, firing at the giant beam generators that were in my path. The explosion from that sent shockwaves that levelled the entire complex around it. It was the moment of my life.
>>
>>51325978

>Trukks are good

That's a funny joke.
>>
>>51325969
well, trukks are not supossed to survive to turn 2 or 2, they have to move your boyz as far as possible before blowing up. Buy +4 armour for your greenskinz so they don't die form explosion.

It's also fun run trukk filled with burnas.
>>
I never see people talking about razorbacks as transports. Is a rhino just the automatic pick these days?
>>
>>51326027
They are an extremely cheap transport to the point where the unit can cost far more than the transport.
>>
>>51326027
Marine armies would kill for a cheap as fuck, fast, open topped transport.

But you see, the thing is, marines don't die to a stiff breeze, they have actual armour and a leadership value higher than 7.
>>
>>51326055
aren't all transports extremely cheap? A rhino is 35 pts compared to 70 for the 5 man tac squad.
>>
>>51326052
I use razorbacks because I despise transports that only exist to drive across the table and explode.But on the other hand, a transport can't really drive your troops to where they need to be and fire it's guns effectively.
>>
>>51325995
Generally marines seem to get older - 1000 is around the limit
But it is highly variable and there's issues
Look at the scythes guy obadai- he basically was a full marine but never fought (until the dudes came to speak to him)
He was an old man with memory issues
Once he fought he seemed to perk up
Cassius looks ancient
So a marine can probably live to over 1000 whilst being fully active but the sheer rate of attrition will do him in - and if you add in the chance of warp travel accidents ...
Blood angels are different - they don't seem to have the ageing issue but the thirst is a problem (Dante has suffered from it himself) as they get older
Which raises the issue of how old the ones still alive in the tower are
>>
>>51326092
It has no real firepower, you can't charge out of it and only two marines can fire out at a time.
>>
>>51326092
Necron and Eldar transports are pricey by comparison. The Ghost Ark is, what, 115 points? It's heavy, but still.
>>
how good are Forgefiends for CSM?
Want to make a 2k pts. Thousand Sons list based around a shit tonne of exalted sorcerers because their one-use move looks cool and funny to use
>>
>>51326131
Don't forget the devil fish, being close to 100 points with no fire-ports or firepower to speak of.
>>
>>51326092
a kitted out DE raider is about 85 points or so
>>
File: boyz 03.jpg (639KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
boyz 03.jpg
639KB, 1024x768px
>>51326055
I wish i could use looted wagon as dedicated

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Blog/ENGWD021_025_web.pdf

*headbashin in deathskull*
>>
>>51326092
It's mainly Marine and Ork transports that are that cheap. A lot of other armies have transports closer to 100 points.
>>
>>51326013
Because novels are always better than the film
No one could afford to replicate that detail - and in fact a lot of that stuff when you try to make it 'real' doesn't make sense
Look at how the guard is portrayed and then how Abnett had to change it to more tacticool for his novels
>>
>>51326144
2 free gun drones. Free gun drones are the unsung heroes of the greater good.
>>
>>51325580
Why does that Alpha Legionnaire have so much silver armour? I've never seen that paint scheme.
>>
>>51326142
The hellforged warpack can turn them into a pretty destructive force. The models are fucking expensive though.
>>
>>51326131
Falcon and the ark are much more short and closer to tanks
>>
>>51325924
Not exploding to bolters would be nice.
>>
>>51326182
*much more shooty
>>
>>51326144
It has a burst cannon and a pair of gun drones. That's about the firepower of four fire warriors. It's also got decent armor and is a skimmer.

If you factor in the 24 points for the drones, the Devilfish is only really 56 points. That's only a few more than a Raider, sacrificing the open-topped nature for better armor.
>>
>>51325906
>orks
>getting anything good, ever.

They're really fired up!

Did we mention he's mad?!
>>
Reminder that all Ork players are entitled whine bags who should be satisfied with their extremely balanced BS2, access to transports that don't survive to be a transports, and the most point efficient units in the game.
>>
>>51326171
>bs2 twin-linked
>pulse carbines
I'm not impressed.
>>
File: Looted Wagon Transport.png (99KB, 856x386px) Image search: [Google]
Looted Wagon Transport.png
99KB, 856x386px
>>51326153

Looted Wagons are Dedicated Transports for Lootas in the Dred Mob.

Would be nicer for Orks in the regular Codex to have that option though.
>>
>>51326207
a raider without any upgrades isnt going to last long enough to be worth the 55 points
>>
>>51325954
The lore isn't inconsistent you mental invalid. Kais is a common name among the Tau. When Farsight was a cadet his name was Kais.

La'Kais and O'Kais are too diffrent characters that share the same name. And La'Kais important? What a retard. KYS.
>>
File: 1456283397823.jpg (82KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1456283397823.jpg
82KB, 894x894px
>>51326243
>Dred mob isn't outdated!
>Boomgun on Looted Wagons
>>
>>51326142

Not amazing but not the worst choice either. BS4 really hurts them. Average 4 hits per turn at AP4 isn't much for how vulnerable/expensive it is.

They're alright at everything. Average two glances against AV12, emergency anti-air through volume of shots, and will dent hordes.

It's just that typically you'd rather units that are better at each individual job.
>>
Question regarding Scout Marine boxes. So, to get camo cloaks for my scouts I need to buy the sniper box, right? Also, anyone know how many shotguns come in the scout box?
>>
>>51326274
And a Tau devilfish is a more durable Raider designed to last long and get a squad into a position.

I really don't see the problem.
>>
>>51326279

Not that it's any indication, but I remember someone mentioning the Tau units in Dark Crusade mention something about making the Imperium pay for "Dolumar".

I believe "Dolumar IV" was the name of the world featured in Fire Warrior.
>>
>>51325690
I appreciate the suggestions. It was on sale for 30% off so I took the opportunity to buy it. There was a ghostkeel for 50% off but everyone talks about how useful the riptide is so I wanted to get it first.
How should I be running my riptide?
>>
>>51325880
I dunno, if I read a book or something where every single character is female and everything is female PoV, I'm less likely to get invested in it since it seems like it's probably more aimed at women than me. Not a hard rule, but generally the case.
>>
>>51326013

If you can stand Inquisitor Coldsteel, this incarnation isn't bad. Still not quite grand and epic enough in scale, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4&t=313s
>>
>>51325894
>Primarchs are usually in the 12 foot range

Not really, it varies quite a lot, Magnus maybe but he's a giant. Alpharius/Omegon is only the size of a large Astartes and Guilliman is only a head taller than his 7ft muhreens.
>>
>>51326328
I would've gotten the Ghostkeel in that situation since they're all good units. But 30% off a rip is hardly a bad time.
>>
>>51324328
It's almost as if 40k models represent armies or something. You know, those institutions that are predominately male for very obvious reasons.
>>
>>51326328
You can basically buy any options you want for the Riptide and it'll probably pull its weight.
>>
So how do you become an Imperial Guard officer?

I get you can become a Sergeant by surviving, and you become a Commissar by getting buggered repeatedly at the holy orphanage until you associate prostate orgasms with the Emperor's benevolence.

But how do you become like a Lieutenant or Colonel? Nepotism?
>>
File: a single fact.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
a single fact.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>51325455
>>
>>51326318
Dark Crusade happens in the TSE. Dolumar IV was an unprovoked attack against the Tau that ended with the death of an Ethereal. It happened a few years before the TSE so of course this atrocity would be fresh in the Tau minds.
>>
>>51326448
Fabius Bile novel.

>‘And so we will, when we are safe aboard the Vesalius,’ Bile said, rubbing a spot of blood from Igori’s cheek with his thumb. ‘More than once I have questioned the Emperor’s wisdom in bestowing his gifts upon but one half of the human race. For in man, as in all beasts, the female is the deadlier of the species. You are a thing of furious beauty, my dear, and never let anyone tell you different.’

-Fabius Bile
>>
File: KnightKill.webm (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
KnightKill.webm
2MB, 400x300px
>>51325906
I want Orks to get a decent mech that looks like it could get into a fist fight with Knights, Riptides and Wraithknights.

Fucking Gorka/Morkanauts look fucking retarded.
>>
>>51326480
I'd rather have a gun that can shoot and hit reliably.
>>
>>51326374
dayum, dat cult assassin is STACKED
>>
>>51326013
http://convertorum.blogspot.com/

check out around these guys' stuff
>>
>>51326383
magnus is only that size because of his ascension to daemonhood
>>
>>51326284
Armies with 6-7th ed IA Content don't get to talk about Dred Mob.
>>
>>51326374
Who are the guys is the conical wizard hats?
>>
>>51326542
He was really tall before Daemonhood. He just wasn't as tall as a Knight until then.
>>
>>51326542
>>51326383
Vulcan was twice the height of a regular marine.
>>
>>51326551

Probably priests of the Imperial cult / Ecclesiasrchy.

The DoW 3 trailer didn't capture the scale of 40k, but it did definitely nail the tone of it perfectly. A shame the game is going to be shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQrXUVOny4w
>>
>>51326423
Promotions or being royalty/nobility.

Dpends on the regiment, really.
>>
File: KwzBxoc.jpg (371KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
KwzBxoc.jpg
371KB, 1600x1000px
>>51326383
Primarch scale is all over the place.
>>
>>51326480

I thought the Deff Dreads taking down that Wraith Knight in the trailer was kind of funny.

Also, the Stompa is Orks Knight equivalent, but GW won't give it the 500 points drop to reflect that.
>>
I read the Kauyon book and it seems like the stormsurges are HUGE. I know the riptides are pretty big but it makes the SS seem way bigger. How big are they in actual relativity?
>>
>>51326538
>>51326013
also some of the blanchitsu stuff is p. good
>>
File: Farsight Enclave - 1827 pts.jpg (224KB, 900x943px) Image search: [Google]
Farsight Enclave - 1827 pts.jpg
224KB, 900x943px
Farsight Enclave list (crisis suits are Troops, except for the bodyguard). Feedback appreciated.
>>
>>51325770

Guardsman and Ork are the same Strength though, and the Guardsman has higher initiative. It's actually completely accurate.
>>
>>51326610
>REJOICE BROTHERS
>guilliman plz stop shouting so loud

I would be cool with Guilman if he was hammy
>>
>>51326619
Did you try google first?
>>
>>51326610
So is Astartes scale in that picture, those guys behind are nearly as big as the Primarchs.

I never liked the Horus Heresy cover art, I wish they'd got a regular artist rather than this pseudo-3d model crap.
>>
>>51326695
>psuedo
>>
>>51326328
Throw an ion accelerator and an EWO and it'll mever do you wrong. The secondary gun is up to personal preference. As far as the nova reactor goes, using it on the Ion accelerator is a waste, but with the HBC it's basically necessary. Don't be afraid to boost up that invul if you think it's going to get shot at; it's a massive fire magnet.
>>
New thread
>>51326649
Try to make it last more than 4 hours
>>51326649
>>
Hey in regards to the FAQ, how do people feel about the ruling on Alpha Legion, anyone else play them?

I've found so many more rules questions I'd like them to clear up as well, but for the moment would really like it if they gave us back a second detachment bonus.
>>
>>51325732
>I just want more women to play.

Why?

What are they bringing to the table that a male player wouldn't bring?
>>
>>51326619
Not much.
>>
>>51326739
>how do people feel about the ruling on Alpha Legion
It's the most complained point along with Deathwatch changes.
>>
>>51325807

Ork Triumvirate will be Ghazghkull, Mad Doc Grotsnik and Orkimedes.
>>
>>51326766

I don't know if I'm more annoyed at them mindlessly removing the detachment bonus, or the fact that they think everything else in that legion, and in the whole book is a-okay
>>
>>51323760
Threadly reminder, don't led nids blow you, they harvest your DNA that way.
and will also bite your cock off
>>
>>51325924

Double all hull points on Ork vehicles
>>
>>51326469

No where in that paragraph does he say females can become space marines
>>
>>51321406
What the actual fuck.

How does one eff that up so bad? Has someone told GW about this? Do they assume theres a 45 degree arc from ever muzzel? Even then...

It only matters on Crusaders/Renegades with double arm guns but still.
>>
>>51326794
Ghazghkull, Nazdreg and the Arch Arsonist
>>
>>51325190

My gf plays Minotaurs after I told her thry police and beat the shit out of other Marines for the High Lords.

I also lied and said they looked like the dudes from 300 under the armor so that got attention as well.
>>
>>51324987
Guard is bottom tier if you want to go competitive.

I play guard though because I have a boner for the WW2 ascetic, I kinda like having to fight on against the odds and I get sexually excited when my my lovingly crafted army is wrecked.
Your army is pretty Ok.
>>
>>51326328
Don't use the drones. Velocity tracker or EWO are both great upgrades.

If you are FSE, use the Earth Caste Pilot Array.
>>
>>51327229
I heard that mech guard is pretty ok now. But then agian, I use grenade launchers in my CCS.
>>
>>51327393
I hear a lot of people say mech guard is good but I have yet to see any evidence of that. when ever I've tried it I got tabled more often than not. Russ' ain't exactly survivable in the modern game. Loads of vets with special weapons in Chimeras with some air and heavy support is the most constantly Ok pure guard list I've made so far.
>>
>>51327870
Yeah,Im not a biggest fan of our good ol tractor tank. I only run one, and mostly as a vanquisher or executioner. Btw. what are anon`s thought on Grenade Launchers on vets in chimeras? I cant see how they are bad, especially with BS 4.
>>
>>51326524
Orks have always been about accuracy by volume.

In the current codex the twin-linked dakkaguns on the bikes are solid as far as scoring hits.
>>
>>51327944
I think that grenade launchers are shit based no the numbers and have thus never even tried them. They might be ok? Seem a bit jack-of-all-trade-y to me. I don't know why you wouldn't take any of the much better special weapons like plasma or melta guns and then just throw a grenade with a regular vet though.
>>
>>51328088
I have 2 reasons for running nades personally, they are a good with dealing with ethier hordes or light infatry/vechicle and I dont have enough plasmas on me, becasue only bought one CCS box, and dont feel like jewing money for the overpriced melta+plasma cadians.
>>
>>51328005
>Orks have always been about accuracy by volume.

Lie.

Thats just 4th edition on wards.
>>
>tfw I love heavy bolters as a concept, especially on devastators but my local meta only has MEQs or a tau player
>tfw you will never mow down hordes of low quality troops
Why even live
>>
>>51326026
>you will never have an XV8 Armoured Core game
>you will never Deep Strike an enemy base and cause havoc Titanfall-style
>you will never receive praise from your Shas'o when you blow up some Ork Dreads

Feels bad, gue'la
>>
>>51325584
Earlier Edition. 3rd I think.
>>
>>51325603
By not being a Cheaty, Cheetos Bearded Bastard. Also keep that out of a 1,000 point game unless your opponent is bringing a Super heavy, or MC.
>>
>>51328174
Yeah, the cost of the special weapon guys is crazy. I kit bashed every one of mine from some of my friends leftover spacemarine bitz. I don't think you need nades to deal with hoards/light infantry, that's what the lasguns and orders are for. For everything tougher than that plasma is the better choice.
>>
>>51328726
Yeah, I used some greenstuff and one of my nade launchers to make a melta. But the wrong isnignia in the guy`s pauldron makes me lose sleep. But I think I`ll stick to my meme-launchers, its fun to shoot at at cultists, and the kraks are actually pretty effective agianst nobz and the likes of them. Also, dreadnoughts beware, my CCS has both krak nades and a launcher. And Im keeping my command chimera out of combat anyway. All and all, they are probably bad but I love them becasue they can work agianst anything that isnt a TEQ, and even then, they can kill it, they are just worse then a plasma at it, for the bonus of being safer and better at cleaning up cultists and grotz.
Nade anon out.
>>
>>51328826
>nade launchers can kill nobz and dreadnoughts
>two of the worst units in the game
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.