[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 72

File: image.jpg (916KB, 1280x1918px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
916KB, 1280x1918px
Warhammer Fantasy General: Dark Shadows Edition.
>Previous Thread
>>51257209

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
http://krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
>>
>>51312597
I don't Nagash cared about that at the time since he had an entire area containing a huge meteor of Warpstone all to himself. He only lost access to it because he was destroyed and the Skaven mined it all while he was regenerating.
>>
Does anybody even play RoR here?
>>
File: Order of Light.png (1MB, 545x545px) Image search: [Google]
Order of Light.png
1MB, 545x545px
>>51317811
>Why can't The Empire use High Magic? Horx learned it and the Empire went to the trouble or making sure it has teaching in all the lores so weaving it all together isn't implausible.

All magic is inherently corruptive, and humans are easily corrupted. Even if humans could handle it, humans have lifespans near-infinitely shorter than elves, and learning High Magic takes centuries.

When The Empire was being taught magic after centuries of witch-hunts, it was quickly realized that humans have neither the time nor the ability to resist chaos, so in order to boil it down to something humans can handle, the Colleges were set up the way they are. While wizards will still be affected by practicing magic, they will only be affected by that one wind, in relatively predictable ways, and they only have to learn to resist the temptations and fluctuations from that one wind.

Horx didn't learn jack shit. He peered into the Book of Volans and his mind was instantly shattered, and he proceeded to shart arcane spaghetti all over Altdorf until someone put a bullet in his temple. There was probably Dhar all over the place for weeks. The only confirmed human being to ever practice anything resembling Qhaysh was Supreme Patriarch Volans, and he couldn't actually use Qhaysh himself; he could merely perceive the winds as they truly were, but he was fully aware that any attempt on his part to actually weave the winds together would end in disaster.

And he was likely the greatest, most adept and perceptive human wizard to ever live, with a prophetic knowledge of the nature of the winds of magic rivalling Teclis himself, despite being only about 50 when he first met Teclis. Saying that the Empire has Colleges for all the Winds of Magic and that they therefore should be able to weave them all together is like me giving you 8 separate strands of yarn and say that you should be able to make a carpet.
>>
File: 1381797274248[1].jpg (85KB, 513x745px) Image search: [Google]
1381797274248[1].jpg
85KB, 513x745px
>>51317423
>not making more minor gods or mentioning the old ones, I understand that
I don't. Seriously, there's no need to water down Chaos. It's supposed to be an infinite realm of infinite complexity. Yet all we see are 4 Chaos Gods and a very specific set of underlings. It's ridiculous.

We should see a wealth of unaligned and undivided daemons and gods, minor aspects of the big 4, amalgamations and so on and so forth. But no, we get the big 4 and we get one-sided, flanderized and watered-down versions of them.
>>
>>51320335
Daaemon Princes are worshipped like gods by tribes.
>>
>>51320237
tell more stories about knife ear superiority

return of reckoning has my high elf pride beaming strong
>>
>>51305436

91. While in a small town or village, the players find themselves engulfed with a thick, wet, cold fog. As they're trying to find a way to sheter, such as to an inn, they perceive that some immense creature that stinks of a wild beast is shadowing them through the fog, slowly creeping closer. If the PCs attempt to pursue it, they find they've let at a optical illusion in the rolling fog. Shooting at the shape produces no results. Of course, locals laugh this off.

The next time it's foggy, no matter where they are, the PCs smell a familiar animal reek...
>>
File: stop playing elves.png (197KB, 293x265px) Image search: [Google]
stop playing elves.png
197KB, 293x265px
>>51320443
>playing elves
>>
File: 235243652346.png (970KB, 528x848px) Image search: [Google]
235243652346.png
970KB, 528x848px
>b-but we wuz kangz
>>
File: Spurdo dorf.png (78KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo dorf.png
78KB, 853x543px
>>
Is Endhammer still being worked upon?
>>
>>51321849
Yes. Work comes in waves when people are interested
>>
Hi, all. WFRP Enemy Within DM here, again.

My group is about to resume (with two new members), picking up from where we left off with Shadows Over Bogenhafen and beginning Death on the Reik. We are also getting two new members, bumping the party size up to six.

I was wondering if anybody with experience playing Death on the Reik had suggestions for improving it? I'm gonna bump up some of the enemy totals to deal with the fact that we have six dudes now (even if one of them is a useless wizard's apprentice).

The party consists of:
Human Vagabond
Human Burgher
Human Wizard's Apprentice
Dwarf Watchman
Halfling Valet
Sixth Character yet to be determined.
>>
File: Heraldry.jpg (573KB, 2860x1264px) Image search: [Google]
Heraldry.jpg
573KB, 2860x1264px
>>51322180
Let's see.
Pic related is something I put together collecting the heraldry of as many Reikland families as I could.
It might make the basis of a nice handout for your Halfling Valet, as they probably have Academic Knowledge (Heraldry and Genealogy) out the wazoo.
I can't post blogspot links because of the spam filter, but google "Notes on Rivers of the Empire" and there's a good blog post on river navigation.
Here's a map of Grissenwald: http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/maps/Map-City-Grissenwald-1.jpg
River map: http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/maps/Map-The-Empire-8-River-Systems.jpg
I was planning to use this as a handout for Kemperbad: http://bordel.haghn.com/Art/Dessin%20%20-%20Peinture/Miller%20Ian/a065_ian_miller__village_of_dreams.jpg
There's some more material for Grissenwald and other Wissenland locations here: http://www.madalfred.com/articles/Wissenland_final.pdf
>>
>>51320443
They're not superior, they just happen to live longer. How's that foot of yours, Teclis? Banged any good-looking humans lately?
>>
TIL that Marienburg has a war guarantee from the elves. Makes me wonder why they play Bretonnia and The Empire against eachother. It also explains how they could be ballsy enough to secede.
>>
>>51323943
>Full monopoly on trade with Ulthuan
>Receive military aid but don't have to provide it
>All in exchange for a couple of shitty islands

Truly, the Marienburgers are master diplomats. That seems like a tremendously shitty deal from the Elf end.
>>
>>51320086

Those guys kind of look like the new Firmir. I never played Dark Shadows but was it set on Albion? Do you think they planned on turning Albion into a Firmir stronghold or something?
>>
File: Fimir Matriarch.jpg (184KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir Matriarch.jpg
184KB, 1200x1200px
>>51324383

Pic of what I meant.
>>
File: Darkemissary3.jpg (459KB, 736x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Darkemissary3.jpg
459KB, 736x1042px
>>51324383
Dark Shadows was set on Albion but I don't think Fimir were ever mentioned by name.

The Fenbeasts are just swamp elementals.
>>
>>51324074
The elfs are implied to get something out of it that isn't immediately apparent. They are very interested in preserving Wasteland independence, though.

Of course, should Marienburg get attacked while the elfs are dealing with another druchii invasion...
>>
>>51324493
Here's another question - what's the deal with Grey Men? They seem awfully similar to Fenbeasts.

Also, what do you lot figure is the curse afflicting Mousillon, turning it into what it has become?
>>
>>51324493

I often forget that campaign was as late as 2001. 6th edition truly was a good time for WHFB.
>>
I recently realized that I only have one artillery dice, because I only ever bought one starter set from GW, even though I've started with my army in 6th.

Does AoS use artillery dice or do I have to make some panicky last minute purchases to get another artillery dice?

I know I just need one, but I'm worried about losing that dice now. Stupid, I know, but it is what it is.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 300x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 300x525px
>>
>>51320335
I've heard of some daemon princes and greater daemons getting themselves worshiped as deities when they're sure the Chaos Gods aren't looking. And if nothing else, some of the other gods that were set up still technically exist.

It really sucks that GW never did make any options for them, which could have varied up a daemons army. As far as I know, they never even offered their own ideas for customization of daemons for different princes or gods.
>>
>>51324074
It's probably that the Elves want to keep an eye on Old World politics, without having to tie themselves strongly to Bretonnia or the Empire and be pressured into some sort of war. There's also maintaining trade, which they like. And how the cards played out, they can pretty easily support Marienburg independence without pissing off the Empire or Bretonnia that badly, since it's easier to let the Wasteland stay independent than try to force them back into the fold or uphold the claims of some Elector Counts in the Empire case, or conquer it from both the Empire and the Elvish protection in the Bretonnian case. L'Anguille gets pissy though, since they have a big elven lighthouse but elf-sempais don't want to hang out with smelly Bretonnians.
>>
>>51326011
AoS uses pic related as far as I can tell
>>
>>51326520
At least AoS has Flesh-Eater Court. After taking a look at it I wish that WHFB had something similar.
>>
>>51324074
Not necessarily. Marienburg is relatively easy to defend, and elves being elves, they wouldn't hesitate to back out of that deal if push came to shove, although it would no doubt sour Bretonnian-Ulthuan or Imperial-Ulthuan relations, should either of those nations push an actual confrontation that would force the elves to choose whether to honour the deal or to let Marienburg stand alone.

The fact that the Marienburgers likely know this could be part of the reason they play Bretonnia and The Empire against eachother.

Also, note that this is the Elves of Ulthuan. There are many other elves in the world, and the elves have other trading posts, just not official ones like that. I know there's an elven enclave in Bretonnia, in L'Anguille, I believe. We (or at least I) have no idea where these islands are supposed to be, either, and again, knowing the elves, they could be of profound import.
>>
>>51324569
The biggest difference I can see is that the Grey Men seem sentient, while Fenbeasts are simply controlled by those who create them, and need a small stone in them just to make them function.

Best I can theorize is that they were gentler forest spirits corrupted by Mousilion when their forests and lakes turned into swamps. I can't say what the curse is - it might be how Sylvania naturally seems to have a lot of dark magic pooling in it.

>>51326653
I don't like how AoS did the Strigoi in general, really. Turns them from 'monsters at the edge of society with tattered remnants of pride and nobility' to 'randum madmen making everyone else mad and keeping everything fucked up for everyone.'
>>
>>51326733
I rather like the idea of how the Ghoul army works in AoS. It was never really taken to any interesting place in WHFB outside of the Strigoi being cool. If anything I love the theme of them being deluded that they are nobility and a force for good.
>>
>>51326733
I think there's room for both. I've houseruled 'contagious madness' as a blood gift for strigoi line vampires in my WFRP game.
>>
File: Strigoi_Ghoul_King.png (878KB, 509x775px) Image search: [Google]
Strigoi_Ghoul_King.png
878KB, 509x775px
>>51326817
I can't say I agree with your opinion, but I can't hate you for it. I just enjoyed what WFB did with them being a menagerie of the darkest things of the night, and preferred a false or twisted sense of nobility tainted by their fall from grace, rather than an illusion. After all, what's the fun of only having an illusion of nobility if everyone else and their mother knows it isn't real? There's no depth to it.

And I know I'm probably alone in this, but I don't like how ghouls were made more beastial in ET and AoS. They were supposed to be insane and semi-feral, sure, but I'd rather that they were more obviously human rather than mini-Strigoi, and could function as servants and 'courtiers,' and maybe even hold weapons.

>>51326846
Room for both, sure. It's not as if Strigoi in WFB were never affected by madness. But AoS completely shoved out the old idea for Strigoi for this new one, and I can't really forgive that.
>>
>>51326983
For reference, this is what ghouls looked like in 6th edition. No armor and little clothes, but they still stood upright and brandished bones and crude cleavers. They weren't horribly hunched and armed with little more than claws.
>>
>>51327059
I think the problem with this look was that they were too close to Zombies.
>>
>>51327059
much better models than the plastic garbage
>>
>>51327059
That honestly looks a ton better and fits a lot better with the fluff than latter depictions of them like actual monsters. Ghouls are supposed to be corrupted and degenerate humans that have gone mad after engaging in cannibalism.

Those models actually looks amazing. 6th Edition truly was the peak.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 540x163px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 540x163px
>>51327059
They have looked like mutated dog people since the 7'th edition. I do prefer Mantic's plastic ghouls even if they have severely less options.
>>
>>51327121
Those were made in 5'th edition.
>>
>>51327059
To me those models look ugly but it's still nicer than the current ones.
>>
>>51327059
>>51327121
>>51327160
Undead plastic Ghouls look more at home with a Chaos army than with a Vampire one.
>>
>>51327308
Which ones? I think the Mantic ones actually look more like degenerate canibals than GW's ghouls that looks like straight up mutants.
>>
>>51327350
GW plastic ghouls, the ones released in 6th or 7th

Hunchback of Notre Mutation, with SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES RARARARARARARARARA
>>
>>51327308
It might've been that earlier GW was leaving things a little open to interpretation, letting people mix and match miniatures more to their liking. Maybe so you could make a cannibal themed Chaos army as much as a slightly Chaos-tainted Undead one.

But then they decided 'fuck we gotta make all the factions super unique and with different models' or something, I don't know. Either way, I think the old models look far more threatening and interesting than the new ones.
>>
>>51327567
The plastic GW ghouls looks like Lovecraftian troglodytes with pube hair-extensions.
>>
File: 300px-MortheimGhule.jpg (36KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
300px-MortheimGhule.jpg
36KB, 300x287px
>>51327239
Still better than some models. Though honestly even pic-related would look better with some love and care.
>>
File: heresy ghoultribedeal.jpg (161KB, 888x551px) Image search: [Google]
heresy ghoultribedeal.jpg
161KB, 888x551px
>>51327059
>>51327239
>>51327682
heresy does some really nice ghouls that aren't oop if anybody is looking for an alternative to the plastic ones.
>>
>>51327882
They're by Paul Muller, same person who sculpted the metal GW ones. So they fit together perfectly.
>>
>>51327882
Too many gains for my preference. The Hobbit plastic Goblins makes for good Ghoul unit fillers.
>>
>>51327882
I admit, the one with the baby and the little one with the heart creep me out. But otherwise they look pretty nice, like recognizably human individuals that have gone feral and mad due to eating too much human flesh.
>>
File: TombKingArt1.jpg (67KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
TombKingArt1.jpg
67KB, 600x400px
So what happened to Chaos Settra after the first End Times book?

I could be bothered to read the other books because they sounded like shit.

Did he get ridiculous new rules or anything?
>>
Are there rules for characters from Marienburg/Westerland in WFRP2? I know there are for all Provinces in the Empire and all the Duchies in Bretonnia, and also for Sylvanians for some reason, but what about Marienburg/Westerland?
>>
>>51328269
He died.

But seriously, no new rules. He showed up in a bit of later fluff and that's it.
>>
>>51328388
I guess there just wasn't a book it would have fitted in (Sigmar's Heirs should have had a section, really).

Still, it should be fairly straightforward to make one.

>Skills: Common Knowledge (The Wasteland), Speak Language (Reikspiel), Gossip OR Swim
>Talents: Dealmaker, One random talent

Maybe Row? Whatever.
>>
As a hypothetical scenario, what would GW do if Warhammer Fantasy was still around, and they wanted to make a greedy buck and attract Total War Warhammer players to the tabletop?

I'm thinking Sathorael, Advisor, and Helman Ghorst models and rules, at premium price.
>>
File: heroquest.jpg (32KB, 300x405px) Image search: [Google]
heroquest.jpg
32KB, 300x405px
My Kniggas!

I just scored an old toolbox full of early 90's integral base models and early slottas, including Chaos Warriors with halberds and shields, assorted orcs, goblins and beast herds, bogenhafen bowmen and empire halberdiers with shields and a slew of heroquest minis including Fimir!

Thirteen quid 'cause it were a friend
>>
File: NICE.gif (986KB, 312x176px) Image search: [Google]
NICE.gif
986KB, 312x176px
>>51329083
>>
>>51329083
Oh and one lonely Bloodaxe Ork Boy.
>>
File: 86l9Sej.png (922KB, 1147x812px) Image search: [Google]
86l9Sej.png
922KB, 1147x812px
Is there any more detailed information on the colonies in Lustria, and perhaps other parts of the world? Like Santa Magritta and Sudenburg and such. There are very old, vague mentions of Bretonnian colonies too.
>>
File: image.jpg (523KB, 1087x1463px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
523KB, 1087x1463px
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2143x3004px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2143x3004px
>>
File: Preyton_ilustraciĂłn.png (611KB, 419x600px) Image search: [Google]
Preyton_ilustraciĂłn.png
611KB, 419x600px
>>51329970
Thank you for posting an English version of this. I saw a version of the Spanish warhammer wikia, but it was smaller and, well, in Spanish.

>why were you on the Spanish wiki if you don't speak Spanish

Google translate does a good enough job, and they've often got a bit more detail and a few more pages and pictures compared to the English wikia. Only thing I really have to worry about is a crude translation.
>>
File: Bretonnia Wallpaper.jpg (591KB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Bretonnia Wallpaper.jpg
591KB, 1920x1078px
I've always liked Warhammer but about a year before it got axed (so about 2 or more years ago) I really started to get into it.

I bought several armies and started reading as much as I could. I basically switched from 40K to Fantasy (as my main war-game).

I can't really put my finger on why I like Fantasy so much though. I've read LOTR multiple times and Moorcroft but none of them have had the lasting appeal.

Why do you all like Fantasy so much?
>>
>>51332704
>Why do you all like Fantasy so much?
For me personally it was the art. The art and the background did a lot do make the setting come alive in my imagination.
And what set it apart from most other fantasy settings was that it had an interesting mix of influences. Most modern fantasy writing is so derivative it's completely non-descript and generic.
WHFB used very specific folklore, literary and historical influences to flesh out the background. I always felt like it was well crafted and each faction had strong underlining themes that gave them a place in the setting in which their presence made real sense.

Also I'm German, so I grew up on the fairytales of the brothers Grimm, so the Empire being based on ~16th century Germany kind felt like a continuation of that spirit, just with different themes.

Hard to describe really, it just felt right. I hardly read fantasy these days anymore because it all feels like it's made up on the spot.
Fantasy felt like the background has some real gravity to it.
>>
File: WI_state.png (9KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
WI_state.png
9KB, 625x625px
>>51329970
Kinda looks like Wisconsin
>>
>>51332704
It was my introduction to gothic fantasy, except maybe Diablo II. And it lead me other stuff like Moorcock.

What got me into Warhammer Fantasy was the Von Carstein trilogy.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 384x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 384x301px
>>51332959
>>
>>51333021
yup wisconsin
>>
File: 1473471777361.jpg (722KB, 1389x2047px) Image search: [Google]
1473471777361.jpg
722KB, 1389x2047px
>>51332704
I'm a historyfag, and WFB is heavily based, even if loosely sometimes, on real world cultures. It helps make the world feel more grounded - whereas in 40k, there's a lot more freedom for any kind of planet you so chose, but it all feels kind of insubstantial if you try and look at it too close. Not many settings take advantage of late medieval/Renaissance technology or aesthetics. At one point in a short story, I had to look up what the hell a stirrup pump was - how many fantasy settings would include something like that, instead of having magic firefighters?

It's not exactly breaking any new ground by itself, and in some ways is heavily stereotypical, but how the setting was made for the sake of a wargame, and fleshed out further for an RPG, help make it feel a little unique. Like 40k, it's built on the bones of a lot of very good ideas - but unlike 40k, it hasn't grown inward on itself too much to the point where it's actually begun to distance itself from its roots.

But most importantly, I think, there's a lot of room for a lot of stuff. It's grimdark, but you can also easily have a lot of absolutely normal stuff in it, and even some moments of humor or complete stupidity or silliness. A lot of characters are larger than life, but others are realistically human. 40k does this as well, but as I complained before, it's grown inward on itself, and you lose a lot of this humanizing stuff as you have to make every hero seem cool and every commander seem awesome.
>>
File: 1478378831834.gif (408KB, 900x1688px) Image search: [Google]
1478378831834.gif
408KB, 900x1688px
>somebody drew this
>somebody thought this was true

Peasants are shit, Lady says and tabletop affirms.
>>
>>51333021
>>
File: frog boy.jpg (72KB, 700x680px) Image search: [Google]
frog boy.jpg
72KB, 700x680px
>total warhammer is one of the biggest sellers of 2016 on par with games like the witcher and dark souls
>no one making fanart on deviantart
>no one talks about the game.
FeelsBadMan
>>
>>51334461
It is the peasant's lot to labor in the fields and your lot to defend them, not to denigrate them.
>>
>>51334981
Okay, not talking about the game I understand why you'd feel bad about. But deviantart fanart? Do you just see a lot of that for Total War somewhere? Or for any strategy game?

>>51335057
But surely the reason for them to work in the fields is because they are lesser in every respect?
>>
>>51334981
>Wanting Fantasy to be corrupted by Normies.

It's too late for them to save it, let's not kill it any further.
>>
>>51335120
Sheep, swine, and cattle are lesser still, but try to imagine a world without them.
>>
>>51335120
it means that the game is popular somewhat outside it's selling numbers.
Xcom gets a shit ton of fanart and it's a TBS game.

It seems more like a lot of people fell for the marketing hype and bought the game, played it for a few hours then forgot about it. All we are left with are average total war autists.
>>
>>51335161
But sheep, swine and cattle will never outperform a knight and his horse. To expect such on any occasion is folly. Those peasants should have been mown down.

>>51335258
I just don't think Total War is the kind of series to get fanart. Xcom kind of works because you have to build a team. Total War, you get armies of mooks and the occasion general, which in this case can be actual characters, but usually are generic-looking mooks. When you look for Total War fanart in general, you don't find much. You'll probably find people blogging about their adventures or talking about their experiences on forums, but not art.

It's like expecting people to make fanart of Age of Empires II - a very good game, but not one that gets cool art made for it, because there's no strong characters or whatever to attach to.
>>
>>51335417
thats the thing.
All the blogging is being done on a few total war forums and the subreddit.

Everyone expected total warhammer to be the last upswing in fantasy and it seems to be forgotten.
>>
>>51335450
I don't know how else to put it, dude. Fallout 4 got a whole bunch of attention, even though it's arguably not even a great game, because of all the marketing hype behind it, the major company, and the characters in it and fun moments that you could have.

Total War Warhammer is a good game, but it's still coming out piecemeal, and it never got that level of hype or advertisement among a more mainstream audience. The Total War team is not as big as Bethesda, and SEGA doesn't have the weight to throw around.
>>
>>51335511
As far as an RTS goes,Total warhammer has plenty of quotable characters and stuff like that. It's just that the game succeeded wildly (like beyond what CA had hoped).
Yet the actual impact on the internet is pretty mild compared to the amount of games that CA sold.

Fucking Civ which is the same game with cartoony graphics gets more traction with normies.
>>
>>51332704
It's the mud. Mind you, I never got into the TT, sadly, and relatively recently got into WFRP2, but for the longest time I liked Fantasy more that 40k.

Fantasy captures my imagination more. Much of this changed over time and Fantasy became less and less of these things, but: the more limited scope; the more reasonable characters; the more personal connections; the less epically fantastical scenarios and interpretations; the more familiar, relatable tropes; the greater degree of historicity and reasonable historical interpretations that by-and-large fits into a historical narrative supported by the settings own verisimilitude giving a sense of realism; the wealth of factions even within factions, often without clear boundries within the factions; Chaos and religion being very organic and diverse; magic being inherently corruptive and limited. And probably more.

And all of that, coated with a thick layer of mud and that's-not-mud.
>>
File: tmp_638-Marienburg1052632143.jpg (1MB, 2650x1800px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_638-Marienburg1052632143.jpg
1MB, 2650x1800px
>>51328388
>>51328857
Sigmar's Heirs not having a section on Marienburg and Westerland was a fucking travesty. Historically, Westerland was Westerland a whole lot longer than it was The Wasteland, and as far as I kmow, Marienburg is predominantly ethnically and culturally Imperial, being settled by the Jutones, one of the tribes.

And as far as I know, they speak Reikspiel, although much like some Dutch deny that they speak German, I'm sure they'd protest at the accusation.

>>51326680
>elves being elves.
Those fucking knife-ears took some of the best isles.
>>
>>51335450
>Everyone expected total warhammer to be the last upswing in fantasy and it seems to be forgotten.
No idea what you're talking about. I don't play it myself, but it's still huge as far as I can see, even among total normies. It and Vermintide practically carried GW through the Smegmar slump. That said, nothing lasts forever.
>>
>>51335778
Dutch is German in the same way a drunk Scot with a speech impediment speaks English.
>>
>>51335778
This is from the Spanish wikia, so it doesn't fully translate well (thanks Google):

>The natives of the wastelands speak Reikspiel with quick staccato rhythm and intonation that distinguishes immediately of their relatives Empire, stretching vowels and pronouncing sentences in an almost singsong. More expressive than the imperial ones, the inhabitants of Desolate Earth make many gestures to underline their words, although they do not waste saliva like the loquacious tileanos or Bretonianos. Marienburgueses are famous for getting to the point, point by point.

So basically, they do speak Riekspiel, but it's become sort of a different language. Like Dutch and Afrikaans, or maybe less massively German and Bavarian German.
>>
Anyone got the file of the Riders of the Dead?
>>
>>51327160
Mantic's undead line truly shits over GW's. The skellies and zombies are pretty great.
>>
>>51335900
When I make that joke, I'm never sure who I insult more, the Germans or the Dutch. For my next trick, Bavaria!
>>
File: image.jpg (402KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
402KB, 1280x1024px
>>51332123
You're welcome.

>>51336390
I gotta say that I prefer GW's skeletons, but Mantic's skeletons are less brittle.
>>
>>51336390
GW's skeletons look better, especially the skulls.
>>
>>51322180
Out of curiosity, are you playing with 1e rules or adapting your campaign to another edition? I've been shopping around to determine the best edition for me and my group to start a campaign. Leaning towards 2e.
>>
>>51336390
I'm actually surprised that GW hasn't updated their old zombie minis. Compared to the ones they made for the Corpse Cart they look increadibly cheesy.
>>
>>51336707
fucking kill yourself
>>
>>51336838
You first. The GW plastic zombies looks like shit.
>>
>>51322675
Where can i find info on Saponatheim?
I´m making an bögenhafen army.
>>
>>51336666
Afaik, he's running 2e. I believe we're sitting in the same WFRP Discord. Either that, or someone's running surprisingly similar campaigns.

That said, my advice on what ruleset to use is WFRP2. Not only because I happen to play WFRP2 and have not actually played WFRP1, primarily because WFRP2 is by far the closest to what you would likely consider Warhammer Fantasy.

WFRP1 has all kinds of crazy stuff that most fans of Warhammer Fantasy would likely consider odd or out of place, to say the least. There's a ton of good stuff too, and you should absolutely flip through the WFRP1 books for inspiration and cool fluff, but for example, there's no Winds of Magic, dwarfs can be wizards, there's half-elves & half-orks, and so on and so forth. WFRP2 has better and more consistent mechanical support for what most would probably consider the Warhammer Fantasy experience.

Obviously, this is all just, like, my opinion, man.
>>
>>51337612
There's a little information in The Edge of Night and The Lure of Power for 3e
And Shadows over Bogenhafen (obviously).

There are some snatches here and there in the 3e Ubersreik material, I think there was a thread on the FFG forums where they tried to sort out all the family trees and such.
In Vermintide one of the warehouses in the Waterfront mission belongs to the Saponatheims. Not useful, but a nice detail.
>>
>>51337927
MAN I FUCKING LOVE THIS PICTURE HAVEN'T SEEN IT BEFORE THANKS
>>
File: Tomb_Kings_Squatted.jpg (401KB, 944x3497px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_Kings_Squatted.jpg
401KB, 944x3497px
This still hurts.
>>
>>51336390
I generally agree, other than the Ghouls.

Mantic Ghouls look like garbage. Like fresh zombies. GW Ghouls I have to grudgingly say are the best Ghouls on the market.
>>
>>51335591
You forget that two Civ games have crashed since CiV came out. CiV is still one of the top games on Steam, going on what? Close to a decade now.
>>
>>51338092
I just don't get it. Why? If I were the model designer and artist, I'd be pissed as hell. All that hard work in 2011, just thrown away.
>>
So what "minor" things would you like to see added to TW:W? I'd like to see Krell, or Valten be in the game, alongside updated army/models for Tilea, Kislev, Estalia, and maybe Border Princes.
>>
>>51338240
>Krell
Seriously. What is Kemmler without Krell?

In terms of Legendary Lords, I'd like to see Boris Todbringer (He's already got a model, damnit) and Marius Leitdorf and the ability to play as Middenland and Averland respectively. And let Ungrim Ironfist start in Karak Kadrin for god's sake.

Tilea, the Border Princes and MAYBE Estalia might work as a single 'faction'. Give Tilea enough Dogs of War units to make them like the current Bretonnia - Pikemen, Duellists, a Paymaster, etc. And make it really cheap and easy for them to get Regiments of Renown, even from other factions.
The Border Princes can have the same units, pretty much.

A Conquistador-type unit would work well within the Dogs of War, but that's not really enough for Estalia.
>>
>>51338353
I'd add Krell by making him a recruitable hero when Kemmler reaches a certain level.

But yeah, I'm not asking for a full on fleshed out army list for Tilea, Estalia, and Border Princes. Just enough differences to where they don't feel like copies of the Empire.

Also where is our Tzarina Katarin, damnit?
>>
Anyone else find the character creation rules for Norscans and Norse Dwarfs in Tome of Corruption odd? It's just wierd that they seem to get more skills or talents than regular characters created by the Core Rules or using Regional rules found in the Kislev, Bretonnian or Empire books.

I'm OK with not counting Inured to Chaos (which gives you a +10 to resist further mutations) but even so, Norse Dwarfs get Consume Alcohol, for example, while default Dwarfs do not.

It's all on pg. 146 in Tome of Corruption. I noticed it as I was compiling a list of different starting choices.
>>
>>51338092
Are those Aussie prices or has GW been lowering prices compared to older models.
>>
>>51338240
>>51338353
Is it ever stated when TW:W is supposed to be taking place? Having Valten in there could be a bit odd, considering he went AWOL after Storm of Chaos, and before that he wasn't a major player.
>>
>>51338692
The beginning of the Empire campaign mentions that it's the beginning of Karl Franz's reign. Which would make it 2502 or something.

But that doesn't make any sense with anything else. Balthasar Gelt can't have been Supreme Patriarch more than 7 years as of 2522 just for starters.
>>
>>51338692
Never directly, but the Empire starts with Karl Franz's coronation and before Archaon's ascension
>>
>>51338092
they might get moved to forge world
>>
So do other Incarnate Elementals exist in the lore, other than the Beast and Fire ones?
>>
>>51338761
>>51338763
It doesn't make any sense considering that he wouldn't have gotten the griffon from the elves by then, either.
>>
>>51332704
fantastic miniatures and flexible lore

also a wide range of factions with lots of room for "your dudes" stuff
>>
>>51339050
Well, he gets the Deathclaw as an upgrade later in the campaign, so that's not so much of a problem.
But there's innumerable other issues with the date. Averland should still under Elector Countess Ludmilla von Alptraum for example. Although you could say that Marius is acting in her stead, in the same way as Emmanuelle von Liebwitz.

>>51339047
Monstrous Arcanum has stats for an Incarnate Elemental of Death (It's a two-headed Amphisbaena/Dragon bound by an hourglass).
Presumably there's one for each wind.
>>
>>51332704
I got in because I was a kid who liked dragons and some friend pointed me in the general direction of the high elves, got stuck to the setting thanks to the artworks and aesthetics and later started enjoying the lore as a whole.

looking back one of the main quality I saw in it was how of a comprehensive and cohesive melting pot of simple concepts it was, from absurdly magical things to the more down to earth, from serious business to grimderp.

but in the end it boiled down to being a world made by artists, way more than writers.
>>
>>51338101
IMO, hunchback ghouls are pretty shit.
>>
File: Skaven under empire.png (807KB, 523x766px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven under empire.png
807KB, 523x766px
Does anyone have expansion 2, 3 and 4 for Thousand Thrones?
>>
>>51338353
>Marius Leitdorf
This
>>
File: image.jpg (299KB, 584x1816px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299KB, 584x1816px
>>51332704
The best part for me was the Undead fluff. It got me into gothic and Lovecraftian horror. Now I prefer the real deal to the Warhammer fluff, but the old 5'h edition and 6'th edition fluff is not without charm.

My favourite part with the undead as an antagonistic faction was that they were not united by a goal and everyone just did their own thing to get by in the world. It just made them more open ended and more credible to me.
>>
File: 1417539718513.jpg (172KB, 630x866px) Image search: [Google]
1417539718513.jpg
172KB, 630x866px
>>51332704
>Why do you all like Fantasy so much?
I love WHFB.
>>
>>51339470
I wonder what an Incarnate Elemental of Light would be like? Something Egyptian, or Old Testament style angel?
>>
>>51339930
I like to believe that in that picture the ships aren't flying, but are actually launched in the air to rain hell from above.
>>
>>51340011
that would be stupid even for orcs
>>
>>51340011
considering their sails I doubt they are falling, not that they can't be trying to ram something
>>
File: billy idol.jpg (45KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
billy idol.jpg
45KB, 338x450px
>>51340011
>rain hell from above

IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
>>
File: The_Sixth_Angel_(Rebuild).png (348KB, 950x920px) Image search: [Google]
The_Sixth_Angel_(Rebuild).png
348KB, 950x920px
>>51339956
to determine the shape and themes of an incarnate we would have to analyse the ones of the specific lore and order and see which details are directly derived from an inherent characteristic of the wind and which are merely a tradition.

I'd argue that the Egyptian theme is the latter more than the former; the angelic theme may work but it would look fairly generic.

personally I'd go with something still connected to light and the high spheres as the wind of light is said to be the higher and purer form of magic or something like that; focusing on order, transparency and light.
I'd leave the aegyptian aesthetic only as a barely recognisable connection of forms for the most part.

pic related jumped to mind as soon as I decided it would be transparent and prismatic, it being called an angel only adds amusement to me for this discussion.
>>
>Albion will never be the britfolk druid army you wanted to become of it.
>tfw always bing bonging under your french overlords instead.
>>
>>51340494
It's kinda funny, because there's no britbonging in Warhammer Fantasy. It's just the French, the Celts, the Germans, the Spaniards and the Latins.
>>
>>51340302
I really wish they did more of the Incarnate Elementals. Summoning the embodiment of a Wind of Magic sounds too fun.

One crazy dream I have is running a WHFRP game where everyone is a Empire wizard from each of colleges, just to see how long it lasts.
>>
>>51340866
I mean modern Britbongs are the result of Celts being invaded by Romans being invaded by Anglo-Saxons being invaded by Danes being invaded by Frenchmen of Danish descent.
>>
>>51338692
its supposed to be timeless.
>>
>>51335816
>I don't play it myself, but it's still huge as far as I can see, even among total normies.
ok
give me your anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>51341009
You forgot to mention the picts and original Irish
>>
>>51340866
Peasants in brettonia are pretty britbong, especially if total warhammers bloody voice acting is anything to go by
>>
>>51341720
Sorry, forgot whether or not Picts/Irish counted as Celts.
>>
>>51338200
I guess since they were making only one undead faction, they didn't think it was worth it to keep TK around. You could homebrew a lot of those models as Vampire Counts-style models, but not all of them, and GW seems like a lazy fuck sometimes.
>>
>>51339609
>that pic

How do human cities not just collapse with all the Skaven taking the land out from under them?
>>
File: örmörgörrr.png (169KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
örmörgörrr.png
169KB, 1500x1500px
>tfw youll never ever get to ravage the entire old world with your mighty waaaagh! ever since GW pulled the plug
>>
Anyone got pdfs of Warpstone Magazine? I'm missing most of them.
>>
>>51342492
reeee
>>
File: Spider_Riders.jpg (96KB, 873x423px) Image search: [Google]
Spider_Riders.jpg
96KB, 873x423px
>>51342492
Don't forget

Spider God is just Gork and Mork.

Everything vaguely unique and different was just Gork and Mork.
>>
>>51342710
https://mega.nz/#F!ZVtkzbCD!gXQXg9eqzMzq4fgx7cNmkg

Does this help?
>>
So what about that End Times Nagash eh?
>>
>>51343406
Yes it does, thanks. Now all I need is 1-5.
>>
>>51343437
I didn't like it, but it's the least worst out of the End Times books and it would have served well as a springboard for changing the stale status quo in the setting. Then they just didn't stop and it's part of a messy lump of writing.
>>
File: 1459679268310.png (912KB, 681x887px) Image search: [Google]
1459679268310.png
912KB, 681x887px
>>51343596
That's something I wonder - is challenging the status quo something that should be done?

People keep screaming for it in 40k, and I think they did so for WFB before it died, but it seems like no one likes it when GW actually does it - probably because GW blunders it every time, but I honestly wonder if it could be done well in a way that would keep rage to a minimum, without requiring the death of the setting.
>>
>>51344160
I think having Nagash at large was fine. It was something GW had teased for years and it's nice to have a strong power working against the Chaos gods that's not a good guy.
>>
What crazy ideas do you guys have for WFRP games?
>>
'sup, /tg/.

Redpill me on Marienburg. May be playing a WFRP2 game there soon, and the WFRP2 info is small. I've got the WFRP1 supplement, but it's 'yuge and I'm not sure how relevant it is anymore.
>>
>>51344160
People don't mind progression. They hate retcons and changes in themes, concepts and setting. People don't lose their shit every time there's a book in a series. But if a book changed the fundamentals for no reason, they would. Age of Shitmar is as if GRR Martin would remove dragons and make Jon Snow into Mickey Mouse in the next book.
>>
>>51345153
It's a filthy jew town that think they are better than everyone else and that they don't need to be a part of the glorious Empire founded by Sigmar.
>>
>>51345234
But what would progression require, in the WFB sense?
>>
>>51345270
Stories that simply build on previous events, without necessarily being directly related, but merely alluding to and referencing those previous events, making scenarios and events essentially stand-alone in an overall narrative, with unreliable narration.
>>
For WFRP2, what do you think of the idea of instead of giving 1 free advance on creation, to give 200 xp to spend freely? At a glance, this is almost the same, only you get two advances.

But it would allow any starting character to, if they really want to, instead pick any basic career they want, as per regular rules, representing them just getting into a new career at the start of the campaign. A compromise between free picks and complete randomness, and giving you some chance to come up with a background for what's going on.
>>
>>51320086
How easy would it be to convert ironbreakers into chaos dwarfs?

I think the forge world ironsworn look ok but I want some slight variation from model to model
>>
>>51345525
But how do you make those meaningful without killing off characters or greatly changing the game? If you had a scenario where the Empire went to war with Bretonnia, even just reforming the West Mark province would be a huge change.
>>
File: 7.png (165KB, 705x847px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
165KB, 705x847px
>>51339930

What the flying fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>51348464
An airship.
>>
>>51348464
flying orc ships
>>
File: 1469653673682.png (306KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469653673682.png
306KB, 800x800px
So when are the Hon Hons getting released?
>>
Welp, looks like I'm giving in and will start playing AoS.
>>
File: 1484134441650.jpg (128KB, 546x568px) Image search: [Google]
1484134441650.jpg
128KB, 546x568px
>>51349243

U FOOKIN' WAT M8?
>>
File: 1473053510698.jpg (194KB, 598x664px) Image search: [Google]
1473053510698.jpg
194KB, 598x664px
>>51349243
For what purpose?

If everyone else in your player group just adopted it and you don't want to lose your friends, I at least get that. But if you can fight it, fight it. There are a lot of other options, fan-made and counts-as and just using old editions.
>>
>>51349518
It doesn't seem all that bad.

>>51349685
To my knowledge it's the only fantasy tabletop game that anyone plays in my town after 8'th edition and the End Times killed the scene entierly.
>>
>>51349685

Why couldn't he have got a 28mm model?
>>
>>51349801

Well I can say two things. You can only play what other people are playing, so I understand your hands are tied. The other things is that AoS as of now is so boring BUT. It does have potential in the future.
>>
>>51349833
I decided to go with Flesh-Eater Court. It seems like the Ghoul King army Inalways kinda wanted in WHFB.
>>
>>51349922
Why couldn't you have one for WFB?
>>
>>51348696
February sometime anon, buckle your croissants, if you are referring to total war hams that is
>>
>>51346807
I suppose that depends entirely upon your dedication, at the very basic 'cut a few horns and glue the. To helms and shit' tier wouldn't be too hard
>>
>>51350044
I never liked how ghoul armies worked beyond 6'th edition. Making a metal ghoul army was also too expensive for me back in the day and it just didn't happen. I also rather like them as feral skirmish units than regiments and for some reason no one wants to play old editions here.
>>
>>51341009
I HAVE THAT DREAM TOO
>>
File: tumblr_nd89gmJvoc1qhslato1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1024x1474px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd89gmJvoc1qhslato1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1024x1474px
>>51345234
>People don't lose their shit every time there's a book in a series.
A book is a narrative though. Warhammer (and 40k) are settings. They exist for plots to occur within them, not the other way around.
Way back when, Stephen Baxter got asked to write a warhammer novel. His (rejected) pitch was a story about a rogue imperial guardsman who hatches a plot to assassinate the Emperor. That's a decent example of the difference, I think.

People always cry out for settings to 'advance the plot', but I don't think they truly mean it. You have to ask yourself why every attempt to do so ends in failure. I can't think of a single major advancement of a setting that was well-received.
Expanding the setting seems to work much better. Imagine if Age of Sigmar had instead been 'Planescape: Warhammer Edition'. The Warhammer World remains, but new avenues are created. There's more scope for new ideas.
I think that would have been significantly better-liked.
>>
File: Dwarf Warrior.png (162KB, 394x262px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Warrior.png
162KB, 394x262px
>>51340866

> Implying we're not the Dwarfs.
>>
Any collections of novels out there?
>>
>>51340866
>High Elves
>maritime empire, once had lands in the equivalent of the eastern US, Canada, and South America, take a large focus on protecting/maintaining trade, have the best and perhaps largest navy of all the factions
>Have been taking the brunt of everything for less civilized races, their island capital has been under threat several times
>spread civilization to half the civilized races, are cultured and civilized
>have another race, the dwarves, who they once shared territory with but have maintained a lengthy rivalry with, only allying again recently against a common foe (i.e. like England and France)
>have a powerful Everqueen (Queen Victoria?)

It's a lot less direct, but it's there.
>>
>>51346196
Fine by me. I never start with 'virgin' chars anyway, I prefer to give players 400 free XP after the free advance.
>>
>>51350414
>I can't think of a single major advancement of a setting that was well-received.

I was gonna say 'Clan Invasion' for Battletech, but then I started laughing uncontrollably.

To be fair, in that case it was mostly salt over the FRR being deleted immediately after being created, and the old 'balance by tonnage' "rule" favoring faggot munchkins.
>>
>>51328388
A couple basic careers mention that you can take Common Knowledge (The Wasteland) as one of your starting skills and say you're from Marienburg if you wish, but sadly that's about it.
>>
>>51320237

I was always under the impression high magik was too complex for humans to learn took centuries. So they split it into different aspects, as some humans had an affinity for one aspect over another. This meant that a human could learn one aspect well enough to do something worthwhile with it, rather than trying to understand all of it and fucking it all up.
>>
Anybody have that picture of the busty Elf Ranger with the arrow sticking out of her cleavage?
>>
>>51344801
I had the idea of using Endhammer as a launch point and skipping ahead in the timeline about 200 years. Some of the survivors from the Empire colonized Naggaroth's eastern coast and recently it became a republic of thirteen states.

I'm well aware Naggaroth is an unlivable shithole filled with monsters but to be fair so was Virginia. Plus having a Colonial America But German sounds kind of fun.
>>
Are there any rules for playing a priest of Handrich/Haendryk in WFRP2? Can't really find any.
>>
>>51346978
Don't see the problem. Still the same setting.
>>
>>51326733
Warhammer Strigoi=Nosferatu+Malkavian

AoS Strigoi=Fishmalk.
>>
>>51327308
To me, the hunchback Ghouls look like Ghouls descended from corrupt humans at the fall of Mourkain.

These >>51327059 look like the Ghouls that Vlad drudged up in Sylvania after maybe one generation of cannibalism.
>>
>>51343258
Not according to AoS.

The best thing it has done perhaps is give G&M a pantheon. Each being is a fragment of their magic, yes, but are different intelligences.
>>
You guys see the new 40k models?

The Eldar looks like the start to a great conversion for a vampire, Ynnead looks like if anyone ever wanted to have a Slaanesh model. Not a fan of either without conversion however.
>>
>>51353513
>great conversion

She is literally vampire chan with a dumb headress.
>>
>>51353273
But a portion of Bretonnia would be conquered, presumably with their lords driven into other lands or killed. And Bretonnia and the Empire would be at each others throats, instead of just having some vague border skirmishes and circling around Marienburg.

>>51353399
Mourkain was pretty good overall, not all that corrupt despite Vampiric rulers. I tend to think of it was being kind of like medieval Hungary for some reason, but aside from that it was vaguely somehow a recreation of Nekhara there's not much to it.

If you said they were ghouls formed of generations of cannibalism and interbreeding with other ghouls, serving Strigoi 'courts' under abandoned graveyards and in lonely catacombs forcing them to hunch over, I'd agree with you. But I still think the recently turned are better overall.
>>
I'mma just leave this here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=alarielle&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCmeSz99bRAhVrz1QKHSh5A7cQ_AUICCgB&biw=1600&bih=740#q=alarielle&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CTiYb_1Txf6ZQIjiTpCfn_1u9TatDILR3U5HN0wBEuRG30QjLCJeCQrh_1JBXAswAx8jCKkt3WvVXJZEj8XkOPRQHPwPioSCZOkJ-f-71NqEfzYyJAR0CCNKhIJ0MgtHdTkc3QRzAbsqoBaNscqEgnAES5EbfRCMhF0gv-jAiqABioSCcIl4JCuH8kFEf4drC0sabIDKhIJcCzADHyMIqQRSZ7cg8ewOj4qEgm3da9VclkSPxGd7GZLzJy-EyoSCReQ49FAc_1A-EQf305r-ehwj&imgrc=_
>>
>>51353640
Also a better booty than the old Vampchan holding a spinal cord.

On a semi-related note, why did GW never release models for the Chaos Gods? They made busts in the past and diorama minis meant only for display.

Its the perfect selling item. Basically any Chaos player would lust to have their favorite on their shelf, and once you have one its a quick slide to buying all four.

I mean, come on. How many of you wouldn't? Those of you who wouldn't, would you have before GW pissed you off with recent events?
>>
>>51353687
I guess that may be why I prefer hunchbacks. I play Strigoi, so I dislike the idea of new Ghouls. I want mine to have been degenerates for centuries, not a single century. I want The Descent, not Mother from X-Files.
>>
>>51353470
>Not according to AoS.
Nobody gives a shit.

>>51353687
>But a portion of Bretonnia would be conquered, presumably with their lords driven into other lands or killed. And Bretonnia and the Empire would be at each others throats, instead of just having some vague border skirmishes and circling around Marienburg.

I still don't see the problem. In fact, a conflict between Bretonnia and the Empire would be extremely welcome, instead of Chaos, Chaos, Chaos, Chaos, Chaos. The WFRP 1e book on Marienburg is interesting because in it, there's very real conflicts of interest between the Empire and Bretonnia, instead of them being radically different countries that are still extremely buddy-buddy for some reason, despite having strong bulwarks and castles guarding eachother's borders.

It's just different scenarios at different points in time, and you could always say that "I want to play in this period" or "I want to play out this scenario" or "These events are set after X but before Y", and it's all in the same setting, in the same universe. Nothing has really changed.

It's a very different thing than to retcon or change the fundamentals of the universe, the themes, the concepts, and the tone. Reforming the West Mark province would be a far cry from Beta'lakor having done everything and a literal Slaanesh trying to enter the literal world.
>>
>>51353370
>Warhammer Strigoi=Nosferatu+Gangrel
FTFY
>>
>>51353902
>Nobody gives a shit.
Then [Citation Needed] on "the greenskin gods are only Gork and Mork", because the only lore ever that indicated anything like that was there being no gods of any kind other than the four Chaos Gods.
>>
>>51334981
they bought the game as a fuck you to AoS, played it less then 10 hours and remembering they hate TW series anyway.
nost of the TW senpaitachi got back to the older historical TW and we got the last stand of hardcore players thinning every week.
yesterdays peak was the highest of the month torally 15k players.
from a game that sold 1.3 million copies woth owners median playing time of 30 hours, that just show how much the game was bought as a last fuck you more than because people were waiting for it.
Personnaly I clocked 450hours the first months and basically forgot about it
>>
>>51354004
Yeah... i finished a campaign then got back go vermintide, the best warhammer game to date.
>>
>>51354004
You hate Total War?

Man, you have such shit taste I don't know how you were playing a wargame in the first place.
>>
File: 8542090419_fdfdc5dd59.jpg (171KB, 500x443px) Image search: [Google]
8542090419_fdfdc5dd59.jpg
171KB, 500x443px
>>51354028
>Left4Rat
>Better than even an incomplete Man O'War
>>
>>51353902
The main reason that they were depicted as being fairly buddy-buddy, aside from them both being 'good guy' factions, is that they didn't really have a reason to fight. The Grey Mountains form a nice natural barrier, the trade is profitable enough, and they both share common enemies enough.

I get what you're saying, and it would be a fun game to play out with your tabletop group and make a campaign out of. But I think of GW had tried to do it officially, heads would roll.
>>
>>51354034
clearly I played 450hours in 30 days a game I hated... retard
>>
>>51354034
clearly I played 450hours in 30 days a game I hated... retard
>>
>>51354105
Don't forget the Wood Elves keep all three other forces, Dwarf HONHONHON and JAJAJA weak.
>>
>>51354118
>>51354129
Nice doublepost.

Also, caps or it didn't happen.
>>
File: 2017-01-23_211342.png (65KB, 1153x592px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-23_211342.png
65KB, 1153x592px
>>51354146
You think 450 hours is some kind of achievement ? Pretty average gametime in 2017
>>
>>51354309
hahah faggot I can tell by the pixels
>>
>>51354146
why has gametime anything to do with the average gametime of a player and stats on steamspy tho ?
>>
hello fellow wargamers
I have recently started to play 8th edition again and i must say I enjoy WHFB soooo much. I play with freinds so we make common senses lists geared towards fun and tactics. I love the game now even more, especialy after i had a few games of WH40k and Sigmar. Im not a hater. Age of Sigmar is a good game for what it is. In my opinion the rule set is what 40k should be in order to be fun and not a complicated piece of shit. But that is not why im here. Im almost finished with "The Emperor's Armies" collection of books. Can you recommand me another series of Empire centric books ? I love this books a lot. Form a literal point of view they are mediocre at best. But for some reason i really enjoy them love the setting.

on a secondary question... I know, i should read and lurk more but, if I would be interested in holding some Warhammer RPG Sessions, what edition should i pick and what adventure i should start with. Im an experienced DnD, Star Wars and other RPGs Dungeon Master.

Thank you
>>
>>51354494
Gotrek & Felix, which mostly happens in the Empire early in the series, and 1e or 2e WFRP. 3e was horrible.

You're welcome, m8.
>>
>>51354004
This is a pretty shitty troll. If you think that people are fanatical enough to buy Total Warhammer just to spite AoS, you're insane.
>>
>>51354563
Its more like the other way around. People would refuse to buy a theoretical Total War: Age Of Sigmar to spite it.
People buy Fantasy to play Fantasy.
>>
>>51338200

If they still have the molds then it wasn't thrown away. Considering how old some of the Made to Order models have been, I'm guessing they still have the molds.

>>51353763

>On a semi-related note, why did GW never release models for the Chaos Gods?

Because you wouldn't be able to play with them. I think most of the models that GW have released over the past so many years that didn't have rules were all exclusive things done in relatively small supply.

>>51354563

I can easily buy it considering at the time how many vocal people there were saying that GW was stupid and would regret it when the game sold well and video game players became interested in Fantasy. Evidently the latter didn't pan out.
>>
>>51353763
The greater daemon of Chaos is basically avatars of the Chaos gods.
>>
>>51353945
>Then [Citation Needed]

Wait, what? No. Disregarding everything Age of Smegmar does not require a citation on an unrelated matter. If you wanted a citation on that claim, you should've done that right away towards the guy you were arguing with, instead of trying to pull Age of Shillmar into it.

>>51355075
>Evidently the latter didn't pan out.
Are you high? Tons of people got interested (or re-interested) in Warhammer Fantasy due to Vermintide and Total Warhammer. I haven't seen this much interest in years.
>>
I could've sworn to god that there was a rule against having multiple lores (Arcane Lore, Divine Lore, Dark Lore, etc.) in WFRP2, but I can only find the note in Tome of Salvation clarifying that you can't have a Divine Lore and an Arcane Lore at the same time.

This'd mean that Arcane Lore + Dark Lore, or Divine Lore + Dark Lore, would be fine.

Also, what are good ways to hide that you're a heretic, whatwith all spellcasters having Witchsight? Wouldn't they see that you're covered in Dhar right away, especially if they are a higher spellcaster.
>>
>>51355519

>Are you high? Tons of people got interested (or re-interested) in Warhammer Fantasy due to Vermintide and Total Warhammer. I haven't seen this much interest in years.

Evidently not enough interest to change or impact GW in anyway, perhaps because their interest lies solely in the world and how it can be used in video games and books while not giving a damn about the tabletop game.
>>
>>51353763
Because the chaos gods are abstract concepts beyond mortal conception not Saturday night cartoon villains

Oh wait, not any more.
>>
>>51351145
Bretonia is french through and through.
>>
>>51353763
Because it would be
-too big
-too expensive
-too imbalanced to play
-too useless if I can't play
-not apropriate to give it a proper optical appearance.
-all in all a bad idea.
>>
>>51355863
There is no way GW was going to go back on this, they had already spent far too much on AoS.
>>
>>51355863
GW doesn't take videogames very seriously. You will probably live to see Age of Aogmar AAA games and the WHFB license will fade away into oblivion.

>>51356066
This.
>>
>>51355549
Most spellcasters don't have a fully developed witchsight, so they'd just be a bit unnerved. Furthermore, I'm not sure if dhar would cling to them, as the descriptions seem to say they create dhar when they cast by smashing the winds together, not that they ooze it. I suppose a powerful undead or chaos wizard would reek of it though.
>>
File: bestskaven.png (278KB, 420x286px) Image search: [Google]
bestskaven.png
278KB, 420x286px
Why do we not get more of best race?
>>
File: fugg.jpg (43KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.jpg
43KB, 873x627px
>>51320086
Does anyone know where I can find Helmets that look like Lokhir Fellhearts? Dudes get up gets me Rock hard.
>>
>>51353763

Because they are not physical beings. You might as well ask why they didn't release a model of the colour blue or the concept of intimidation. It's an altogether absurd notion.
>>
>>51354105
There's a fair bit of potential conflict in earlier sources, honestly. Especially Marienburg, and West Mark. Saying that Bretonnia and The Empire doesn't have a reason to fight is like saying that Germany and Poland doesn't have a reason to fight. Or Russia and Poland. Or Sweden and Poland. Or France and Spain. Or Greece and Turkey. Or Italy and Italy.
>>
File: CA_0706_13.jpg (172KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
CA_0706_13.jpg
172KB, 1000x500px
>>51353687
I would definitely have liked to see more of Mourkain.
There's a little bit of art for the ruins in Warhammer Online, but it's spooky undead stuff.
As for the culture, the Border Princes are Balkan-esque. The Strigany are Romani, which fits with that mostly. The position of the Badlands would make it Turkey perhaps?

Strygos was pre-sigmar and also a relatively advanced civilisation so maybe Byzantine? I could get behind a vampiric Byzantium.
>>
You guys really should respect the AOS general board better. I know it's not all of you but the number of salty fantasy fans in there smack talking is pretty cringe worthy right now.

Do you guys think we will ever see games workshop officially support WHFB again? They update and rerelease their old board games from time to time (blood bowl etc) maybe fantasy too?
>>
>>51357214
Man this guy looks cool.
>>
>>51357505
No, it's gone
>>
>>51355924
You and I both know they're Frenchier than free wine, but in the case of a rivalry between empires, the dwarves are taking on the role of the French in this one.
>>
>>51357767
That mini was enough to get me started collecting Dark Elves, I was already a Deldar fag so it was a natural step.
>>
File: IMG_0735.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0735.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Doing some practice on my freehand.
Part practice part joke about WHFB
Warhammer Fantasy Battles will rise again!

I know my paint is kind of chunky, I was worried about it flowing all over.
>>
File: 1466723921089.jpg (478KB, 440x624px) Image search: [Google]
1466723921089.jpg
478KB, 440x624px
>>51357286
I'm not saying that individual lords don't have reasons to fight. Border skirmishes are something I believe happens fairly often. Lords on both sides of the border desire the lands of the other side for fertile farms or mineral-rich mines or control trade or what have you.

This can even go as high as to an Elector Count or a Duke - if the Duke of Montfort felt like attacking the Riekland, at least in theory the feudal ties the lords beneath him owe to him would give him the forces he'd need, and only the king's order would halt him. Similarly, the Elector Count of Wissenland could launch an invasion of Courrone - he may be foolish to try without the support of the rest of the Empire, but he could.

But in terms of an all-out war? There's no real good reason for it. Both states are profiting from trade from each other, and have worked together against common foes in the past. Neither state quite has the manpower to hold the lands of the other on any meaningful scale, because of constant struggles from within and without that require their attention. It also doesn't hurt that both leaders of both countries are noble and wise and stuff, so they'd probably recognize that it's better to keep the other around then to waste their strength on a war that would leave them ripe for chaos invasion or Orc Waaaghs or beastmen raids back in their homelands.

>>51357505
It's probably the same trolls who occasionally come on here to smacktalk about WFB. Just ignore them.

>>51357965
It's a pretty good freehand all in all, though I imagine you'll get a few pointed looks in most gamestores.
>>
>>51334981
Witcher and Dark Souls have rich settings with long history, books, other games and stuff behind them. Total Warhammer is the only child at the moment.
>>
>>51357965
Some rather, uhm, impressionistic brush strokes in that blue.
>>
>>51334461
are those belts or dicks?
>>
>>51357965
make sure you thin that shit senpai.
>>
>>51335141
that attitude killed WHFB in GW's eyes, you idiot

everytime I see fans trying to actively prevents whatever they like from being liked by others because it makes them feel "special" and "not mainstream" I want to hit the faggots on the head with a sledgehammer.
>>
>>51358206
Yes
>>
>>51349685
that's one fucking pimping hat
>>
>Nurgle makes all sorts of diseases
>never makes a disease that'd cause Dwafs to go bald in the beard
Nurlge is boring
>>
>>51322170
>when people are interested
you could've just said "no"
>>
what's the best thing in WHFB and why is it skeletons?
>>
>>51358190
Yea it's not going on any of my actual models, just an ironic metaphor for the GW civil war
>>51358202
Yea I didn't thin it enough plus the bit has some texture on it towards one of the corners. Have to start somewhere though and I kind of rushed myself >>51358220
Yea looking at it now I can see that. It was late last night and I just wanted to get it done. Like I said it's not going on a table I just thought it would be kind of funny
>>
>>51355519
>Wait, what? No. Disregarding everything Age of Smegmar does not require a citation on an unrelated matter. If you wanted a citation on that claim, you should've done that right away towards the guy you were arguing with, instead of trying to pull Age of Shillmar into it.

No, cite where it says in Fantasy that the Spider God and moon and other greenskin gods don't exist.

Back up your claim.
>>
>>51355976
Retead my post. I was talking about models for display, not the game. Like they used to make. GW made busts, dioramas, and other kits not for any game right up until the start of 7e.

Also, they have canon appearances. Lore calls them shifting, but lore also says Great Unclean ones are identical to Nurgle but smaller so...they aren't.
>>
File: IMG_2113.jpg (110KB, 640x903px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2113.jpg
110KB, 640x903px
>>51357214
Always just reminded me of Mighty Max.
>>
>>51357241
Neither are Daemons.
>>
>>51359407
>dat Nostalgia

Shit man I wasn't ready for that kick.
>>
>>51358224
I think he has a legitimate worry about changing the nature of the setting to make it have more mainstream appeal. I welcome new people joining, but the setting shouldn't change to accommodate them.
>>
>>51359640
This.

The solution is to add, not change or remove existing elements.
>>
>>51359385
because it still makes no sense releasing what are supposed to be kilometers high giants
>>
>>51354563
huh you are talking about the people that called themselves Aelf-queda and ran to Nottingham crying
>>
File: IMG_2128.jpg (32KB, 350x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2128.jpg
32KB, 350x388px
>>51360012
Why not? Display pieces aren't made to scale.

Pic very much related.

What legitimate reason is there for GW not releasing a model for each Chaos God, purely as a shelf piece. They'd sell amazingly.
>>
File: Standard.jpg (865KB, 1141x2426px) Image search: [Google]
Standard.jpg
865KB, 1141x2426px
An almost complete shot of my Empire Greatsword's Standard bearer. It ain't great but it's better than them sitting undercoated in a box like they have done.
>>
>>51360478
He looks pretty good mate, do his eyes (if you cant do the pupils like me just shade them slightly)
>>
>>51320237

Yet your example is the one type of magic that ISN'T corruptive...
>>
Is it true that non-evil "Fancy Skaven" were a thing in earlier editions of Warhammer Fantasy?
>>
>>51360141
no they wont because it will be puny instead of awesome.
>>
>>51360843
no

skaven were born as chaos ratmen
>>
Gonna GM the whfrp 2ed for the first time. What books should we use? Purely the core or maybe something extra for starters? Could someone guide me through, anons?
>>
File: ac08558d1ff90f2c712202bc18478aa9.jpg (898KB, 1746x1201px) Image search: [Google]
ac08558d1ff90f2c712202bc18478aa9.jpg
898KB, 1746x1201px
>>51360843
I've never heard of such a thing, but I did consider a gag plotline for my WFRP game where an amiable but batty nobleman was "keeping" a grey seer as a "pet," since rat fancy IS a hobby in the Empire. The idea would be that this fellow was using his considerable fortune and assets to do the seer's bidding, mistakenly thinking his beloved "pet" was giving him advice to help him.

Of course, that meant tolerating such indignities as being bathed, groomed, perfumed, and given clothing gifts that the seer had to wear lest his owner get sulky and uncooperative.
>>
why do people hate 3rd edition ? seems like a better option with all the cards and things. i mean it looks more easy to use for everybody involved. reviews seem to be good also. why would you chose 2nd edition ? im just curious.
>>
>>51362508
Core is fine.

If you want to flesh things out use Tome of Salvation and Sigmars Heirs for characters and rp ideas.

Tome of corruption is good for a giggle once the Wyrdstone kicks in.

I'd also leave out magic the first time you run if its the first time and go full random character gen
>>
>>51362552
2nd is easier to use, tone-accurate, can be played online or off.

3rd was a jewish cash-in where they tried to make the game impossible to play save by proprietary means. It's very...Exalted in tone, rather than Warhammery.
>>
>>51360843
Skaven are evil since the dawn of time.
>>
File: 1466905940146.png (516KB, 766x795px) Image search: [Google]
1466905940146.png
516KB, 766x795px
Why do people seem more eager to try and change and retcon the fluff of Bretonnia, compared to most factions?

Is it because Bretonnia is fairly popular here? Maybe that it went through a wide fluff change that provides some inspiration (from Bourbon France to Arthurian/French Romances)?

What is so currently distasteful about Bretonnia as it is that there seems to be a need to 'make it work?' In some ways more than the Empire, Bretonnia is couched directly in actual history. Bretonnia is essentially a classic medieval country ripped from a history book, and that means that it should make a lot of sense.
>>
>>51363370
Most factions experienced major changes from generic beginnings to 8e.

Brets are almost unchanged from when Warriors, Empire, and Brets split from the Humans faction.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 673x739px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 673x739px
>>51363370
Yeah, I rather like the Bretonnian fluff the way it has been since 6'th edition. As far as I'm concerned it has a nice balance between high adventure and gritty darkness. There is nothing that needed fixing.
>>
>>51363370
I really like Bretonnia as it is in WFRP 2e, I just wish there was more to create or do with it.
>>
>>51363587
What can't you do with it or create? Is it the lack of tech?
>>
>>51363707
The rigid social system, ban on mercenaries, and enforced technological simplicity make for really poor unit variety.

Mind you, I like what we have, I wish we could have more is all.
>>
>>51363982
Didn't they lift the ban on mercenaries in the end? Maybe too little too late, but even then, it could be homebrewed.

Weren't Gotrek and Felix available to about any army anyway?
>>
>>51360141
they are releasing model for Ynnead in 40k, so Chaos Gods maaay just follow. Slaanesh at least, so it could be kill.
>>
>>51364733
Considering how weak Slaanesh is in AoS and how weak he's likely about to becum in 40k he makes sense at getting a model to use for both.

It would be an interesting campaign too, I have to say. Play as Slaanesh and try to reclaim your power and give HR the boot.

This is coming from someone who really hates AoS and won't buy models firsthand mind you.
>>
>>51362655
Could you share Tome of Salvation and Sigmars Heirs anon?
>>
>>51364839
Can't see it on mediafire.
>>
>>51364600
In the End Times, which is gay as fuck.

TECHNICALLY Bretonnia does hire mercs, particularly Carcassonne, but usually using convoluted ways to make them not mercenaries. Carcassonne hires "shepherds" for a single sheep at the regular pay rate for such, then "accidentally" drop bags of gold in front of the head "shepherd."
>>
>>51365345
It'd be fun to try and portray that in the actual rules. Like, maybe instead of a standard, you can have a little figurine with a sheep on it, and it gives some tiny buff more for flavor than for usefulness.
>>
>>51362508
Same guy here.. It seems I will have 4 male dwarves and 1 female human as my players. Damn. One of them is entertainer, second shieldbearer and third one trollslayer. Fourth one didnt roll one yet. Also trollslayer is 30 year old beardling
>>
>>51365529
Damn, that Slayer's story must be tragic as fuck.
>>
>>51365583
I described him that when he comes up with the story he must have done or have been accused of doing something really terrible, probably kinslayer or damage to whole karak. Also he is from Barak Varr.
>>
>>51365622
Also could someone tell me whats up with fortune points? Where they are in core, how do they work etcetera.. I know they refresh each session, I watched people on live use them, I mean I was a player but previous GM refrained of using them, ofcourse FP were present.
>>
>>51365529
Damn I am bumping this thread hard.. Any tips for adventure with THAT amount of dwarves?
>>
>>51365822
Level an entire village for getting paid insufficiently.
>>
>>51365886
That only happened once, probably by an asshole.
>>
>>51365822
Maybe try to run an adventure delving into a lost hold? Or if that's too big, something like an abandoned mine or outpost.

Could also try some adventures in parts of the Empire, like Wissenland or Nuln or Altdorf, that have a lot of expatriate dwarves living there. Maybe some human gangs are trying to run them out of town by sabotaging engineering work they've done to make them seem disloyal to the Empire.

And there's always something like protecting a merchant.
>>
>>51365743
Page 135 of the core rulebook covers fortune points. Mostly they're used for rerolling checks or getting an extra half action in a combat round.

You always have a max equal to your current fate points, unless you have the Lucky Talent, then it's fate +1. Yes, this means you can have 0 fortune points.
>>
File: 1383151494793.gif (838KB, 727x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1383151494793.gif
838KB, 727x1024px
>>51357241

The lore seemed to very much treat them and the Realm of Chaos as physical places, even depicting the gods.

>>51358194

Dark Souls really isn't that old, I'm not sure if it even has much media outside of the games besides some comics and the Kickstarter board game.

>>51364733

Yncarne will likely be a similar situation to the Avatar of Khaine where it's shards of Ynnead.
>>
>>51353763

Because the Chaos gods couldn't truly manifest outside the realm of Chaos in all their glory. The next best things are daemons which are all aspects and extensions of the dark gods.
>>
File: 1459381579609.jpg (172KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1459381579609.jpg
172KB, 1024x576px
>>
Does anyone happen to have the pdf for the paper Mordheim buildings? I wanna get into it but want to play it a bit before making some real terrain.
>>
>>51368435
is that plastic?
>>
File: 1462746109111.jpg (128KB, 843x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1462746109111.jpg
128KB, 843x1130px
How far inland would Dark Elves raid? Vague bits of lore say they can travel up rivers in their boats.
>>
>>51369814
as long as they can rape something easily ?
They are coward, so probably not much inland
>>
>>51368607
Use tabletop world, like everybody
>>
File: heretic burn.jpg (179KB, 995x617px) Image search: [Google]
heretic burn.jpg
179KB, 995x617px
>>51368435
I don't know what that is anon, but it looks really nice

also on modelling news, I've been doing up my own witch hunter and today finally constructed him, unfortunately as pilgrim hats are nigh impossible to come by on scale for minatures, I've created my own by much carving and filing of plastic, this is the guy so far.
>>
>>51357214
not helmets per se, but the corsairs have a banner top that has the squid head.
The tentacles are not as neatly packed as on the mini, but it might work.
Missed the window to get the fitting shield bits pack though.

Really a shame, was the coolest stuff from the Dark Elf range i think.
>>
>>51337927
>There's a little information in The Edge of Night and The Lure of Power for 3e
>And Shadows over Bogenhafen (obviously).

Thanks, I´ll look into it.
>>
>>51369814
They've raided all the major lustrian cities and have participated in battles in the heart of imperial states, so they can go pretty far inland. Also the rivers in warhammer are way bigger, to the point where massive modern cruise ship sized boats can dock at altdorf. If dark elves really wanted to they could raid much of the empire by using the river system, but that leaves them open to getting surrounded and destroyed by angry imperials and dwarfs
>>
File: 1461630541006.jpg (154KB, 800x511px) Image search: [Google]
1461630541006.jpg
154KB, 800x511px
>The Desfleuve castle is in the center of the Gorge Gisoreux . It is the residence of the marquis Frederic Desfleuve, the young man in charge of coordinating the defense of the whole passage. He is an only child: his mother died during childbirth, and his father died less than a year ago. So far, Frederic lives to match the feats of his illustrious ancestors. As a Knight of the Realm, he has already expressed its desire to find a trustee to leave in search of the Grail.

>Frederic Desfleuve has a secret problem: she is a woman. Her father could not bear the thought of remarrying, so he raised his only daughter to be his heiress. This turns out to be a good idea in every way except one. The only living person who knows the marquis's secret is her former nanny, but Frederic is desperate (desperate?) To find someone trustworthy who can help her with her problem: how the heck will she beget an heir for her title?

I want to fuck a lady knight.
>>
>>51372232
>to the point where massive modern cruise ship sized boats can dock at altdorf

Where does it imply anything like this? Most of the pictures of merchant vessels show them pretty historical in size. And the WHFRP map of Altdorf does not show the Reik being unusually wide.
>>
Interesting adventures/plot hoois for 2edfrp?
>>
>>51366280
Thanks anon
>>
>>51369814
You have to remember that many rivers in the Old World and elsewhere are actually huge. The Reik, for example, is not something you can cross without boat or big bridges.

It can be safely assumed that the Dark Elves have sailed far inland in many, many cases.
>>
>>51326011
The Poor Man's Artillery Die: Multiply the die result by 2. A roll of a 6 is a misfire.

The Poor Man's Scatter Die: The direction that the "1" result is facing is the direction of the scatter. A roll of a 1 or a 6 is a direct hit.

Hope that helps anyone out there. Good thing you're not looking for BFG dice.
>>
>>51372924
Karl Franz is Changeling
real Karl Franz is amnesiac rat-catcher in Middenheim
>>
>>51373297
You made me laugh out loud and ppl on the train station glare at me like I am amnesiac rat catcher Karl Franz
>>
>>51338353
>What is Kemmler without Krell
Lunatic, lichemaster, archwizard, misantrope.
>>
>>51373425
I think most Necromancers seems to be misantropes by default.
>>
>In recent years, some children’s dolls, have been taken (created by Bretonnian families in the image of their children, either to try and trick the Fay into taking them instead or fill the void of children already taken). These thefts have occurred throughout Bretonnia. Despite thorough investigations, no mundane thieves have been discovered, so it is believed that the Fay took them. The biggest question is why? The first of the children are now reaching adulthood, and a remarkably large number of them are showing a desire for adventure.
-Knights of the Grail p.42

W-what the fuck did the Bretonnians mean by this lads.
>>
>>51373585
They didn't want their kids stolen for pedo shenanigans by elfs.

As to why the elfs played along, it's hard to say.
>>
>>51372465
H-how crude!
>>
>>51373657
>ildren’s dolls, have been take
they are Fair Folk. sometimes they play pranks on mortals jsut for giggles. sometimes they wipe out their villages with Wild Hunt. classic Fair Folk.
>>
>>51373657
>"Oh, they made toys for us? That's way better than having a screaming lump that shits everywhere and needs to be feed!"
>>
>elves are best mortals
>skeletons are best undead
what can be more perfect than elven skeletons?
>>
>>51373916
A metal skeleton.
>>
>>51373856
It's not like they need feeding.
Grab em, drag em, kill em in a ditch
>>
>>51373916
A touhou
>>
>>51324074
>Full monopoly on trade with Ulthuan
how would WHFB Monopoly board look by the way?
>>
>>51371973
I have like 4 kits of corsairs, some to use for my Kabalite trueborn and some for my WHFB army, Ive thought of re-purposing it, but I know know if Im skilled enough quite yet.
>>
Mantic is releasing an army of Deep Ones and lil' Cthulhus in february and my wish to start a new army is itching again

whom could I run them as in WHFB though? who's lovercraftian enough?
>>
>>51374508
Fishmen
>>
>>51374545
you mean that April 1st T9A army? naaaah.
>>
>>51374545
Use lizardmen rules and your golden
>>
>>51374635
christie?
>>
do Warrior Priests shag? do Witch Hunters? do Wizards? or they are all celibate faggots?
>>
>>51374847
Warrior priests probably not. The Sigmarite cult is an ascetic cult and they're supposed to be paragons.

As to witch hunters, they're often also templars and I imagine that many are de facto celibate. In the Ulrika novels, a witch hunter and the title character are mutually attracted to one another and the hunter does not mention any celibate oaths.

Wizards are definitely not celibate. In G&F a journeyman wizard girl jumps Felix's bones. A light (or metal, it's contradictory) wizard friend of his also bangs an ice witch.
>>
>>51374947
does Gotrek ever get laid?
>>
I don't really have much to say but I figured someone might like my latest shop
>>
>>51375153
that's pretty much what each unpaid grudge means to a dwarf
>>
>>51375057
Not as a slayer, no.
>>
Music fitting wfrp except this generic mark of chaos/age of reckoning?
>>
>>51375568
Some of the stuff from Fable works surprisingly well.
>>
>>51375635
Anything else you suggest using anon? I am creating a list
>>
>>51375568
Diablo II
Disciples II
>>
>>51375666
Bloodborne, Diablo, some Zelda stuff, Dark Souls.
>>
>>51375682
>>51375730
Noting it down. May Sigmar bless thee.
>>
>>51374947
witch hunters marry and have children all the time.
>>
>>51375765
You can also use tracks from Vermintide, particularly for skaven, though that's better if they've never played it.
>>
>>51375982
Meeting the skaven would be nasty for them. But yes, I will consider it aswell
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.