[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Witch Hunt Quest Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: witch-hut.jpg (138KB, 1400x980px) Image search: [Google]
witch-hut.jpg
138KB, 1400x980px
Im about to send my players on a quest next week to hunt down witch. The adventurers have been hired to go kill a witch hiding in the woods nearby a hamlet.

Im a new GM and i would love some hhelp with rounding out and improving this quest.

The players start by entering the hamlet, they will be allowed to enter the forest right away to hunt her down but theres an enchantment that turns you around Lost woods style if you don't know the path.

So they will then ask around the town for how to reach the witch, but the people fear her a little and drawing too much attention might be bad, currently they have the element of surprise on the witch.

with some coercion they will find that one man has spoken with the witch on occasion.

If they fail to coerce any information out of anyone, i don't have a contingency, maybe play someone for the info.

If they speak to the man, he will feign ignorance, a successful persuasion has him say he is friends with her and she's not bad.

A failure will mean he asks them to leave him alone and goes to his home.

inside his home there are many occult symbols and books, as well as what appears to be a hand drawn map that might be what they need.

after passing through the enchanted woods they will come across a small patch of tress where the witch has placed some early warning traps.

Should they pass those they will reach her hut with her two guard dogs and a scarecrow type guard and do a small fight.

Inside the hut the witch will try to reason with them to let her live, claiming she leaves people alone mostly and never harms the nary hamlet.

Should she fail to do convince them they will do combat, she has illusions and ice magics to help her. in the end she will die and the players will walk away with her head for the reward.

i would love some advice on this? i don't feel theres enough challenge in here really. but I'm out of ideas.
>>
>>51312251
Okay. Playing dubs advocate here to beta test your game. If I was your player, 1st thing I'll do is ask WHY we need to kill the witch. What did she do wrong? 2nd, I'll ask WHO paid us and again WHY? If I was That Guy, I'll derail the quest to find out more about the person paying for me to kill the witch. You never know if this some false flag ops or frame job to blame us for something.
>>
>>51312938
This is reasonable to ask, i hadn't thought about WHY the person hired them to kill the witch yet.

i would be a bit more worried about it if the party weren't 90% influenced by money and don't care about morals.
>>
>>51312251
Who sent your players to kill this witch? What is the offered reward? Are the players doing this for the reward itself, or from a sense of Duty? What do the politics of the region look like? What are the religious demographics of the region? How active a role do the gods play in your setting? Are some forms of magic respected or permitted and others are shunned, it is all magic forbidden, or is Magic generally accepted? Ecologically has any major event happened recently like a flood or famine?
>>
>>51315137
I see you and your clever "depends on the setting" meme
>>
>>51315137
Who?
the players are kind of like hired mercenaries, they get their jobs from a middle man who sends them jobs he wants them to tie care of.

i guess the person who gave HIM the quest would be a concerned villager, or a family member of someone. i haven't entirely thought about it.

Reward?
Level three party essentially, minor reward, just some gold.

Players reason?
They like goooooooold!!! they're big on gold for jobs, not for heroism.

Religion?
Theres a large religious presence in the area, they're known as the church of arafel, many followers but some consider it a cult. they're all about Protecting yourself by harming others.

Gods?
none.

Magic?
All forms of magic are permitted and taught, rogue mages are usually forcibly sent to schooling to train so they don't harm others accidentally, all except for blood magic which is outlawed.

Recent event?
portals to the plane of negative energy pop up around the land causing bad mojo to happen whenever they do.
>>
self bump
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.