[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 141

File: Magic Primer (+1).png (2MB, 1401x1800px)
Magic Primer (+1).png
2MB, 1401x1800px
Legendary creatures edition! (Bonus for cards made with Commander in mind.)

To make cards online, register for free here:
https://mtg.design/
or download MSE for free from here:
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>51220486
>>
So, someone brought up Jade Blossom/Golem. If that other anon's translation is correct, let's try
>Create an X/X colorless Golem artifact creature, where X is 1 plus the number of cards named Jade Blossom in your graveyard.
And I don't entirely remember if this is accurate from the brief time I played Hearthstone, but I guess the empty mana crystal bit would be
>Create a tapped land token with "T: Add C to your mana pool."
>>
>>51308220
You get a jade counter then create a 0/0 green artifact construct token with x +1/+1 counter on it where x is the number of jade counters you contol
>>
Only changes in wording. I was wondering if I should have it exclude artifact/enchantment creatures, but that seems too complex. And I don't think they'd be too keen on artifact creatures anyway.

>>51308555
>You get a jade counter. Create an X/X green Construct artifact creature token, where X is the number of jade counters you have.
>>
File: Rac Shades Madness.jpg (66KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rac Shades Madness.jpg
66KB, 375x523px
I believe the only change to this is that it's slightly 1 cheaper. I was more excited for this when I first came up with it, but after thinking about the weaknesses, I'm still wondering if it's worth pursuing.
>>
File: Doom Guidance.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Doom Guidance.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Excuse me, do you guys have time to talk about our lord and savior, the classic sixth edition?
>>
File: Cassie Wonder Girl4.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cassie Wonder Girl4.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
No changes. The only feedback I remember is someone said that giving her Flying might be too good. If it is, I'll adjust the cost. Oh, and I doubt I could get away with it, but I was wondering about maybe giving her one-sided Fight instead of regular Fight. Or perhaps add artifact/enchantment hate. She just seems kinda sparse right now is all.

>>51310125
Well, what about 6E do you like?

>Doom Guidance
I'm sorry, but this is some of the worst wording I've ever seen. I'm really having a hard time understanding what you're trying to do. I get that it's inspired by Doomsday, but still. Anyway, I don't think losing half your life total is a good idea. On any card, really. Maybe you lose X life?
>>
File: custom card challenge.png (336KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
custom card challenge.png
336KB, 1600x1000px
Well, I'm off to work. Won't be able to post cards for a while. Here's this in case anyone wants to use it.

And as for the edition, is there any character from comics anyone would like me to tackle? I'd really like to see what characters get suggested that I haven't tried yet.
>>
>>51311920

The original 4 Homesick characters.
>>
>>51310671
Is not that hard to read:
Step one: shuffle your graveyard into your library, then remove X cards from it.
Step two: put the cards of your library into your graveyard, then put the cards you had remove in your library.

Basically he wants to take X cards among their library and/or graveyard and make them his or her library at the price of half his or her life plus X{B}{B}
>>
>>51312802
>Search your graveyard and library for X cards and exile them, then put your library into your graveyard. Put the exiled cards on top of your library in any order. You lose half your life, rounded down.
>>
An instant that reselects a target at random, but excludes you and permanents you control.

Is it a workable concept?
>>
>>51313994
>Choose target spell that could target an opponent, a spell an opponent controls, or a permanent an opponent controls. Reselect its targets at random. If it targets you, a spell you control, or a permanent you control, repeat this process.

Is my first pass at it, but god is it ugly.
>>
>>51313994
>Change the target of target spell or ability with a single target to an opponent or a permanent an opponent controls chosen at random.
>>
>>51312621
I keep forgetting to exclude webcomics. OK, I will attempt those characters, but only if I can find enough info about them from something other than the webcomic. Not reading 500+ pages of MSPaint.
>>
File: Aerial Ambush.png (218KB, 375x523px)
Aerial Ambush.png
218KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51312621
>>51314559
Ugh, yeah, I don't think I can do this, sorry. Just trying to learn about the characters is going to take me forever.
>>
File: Sentinels Shield.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sentinels Shield.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Another retro card, based on the weird Sentinel.

>>51312802
This is also terrible wording.

>>51313951
This is much better, though still far from perfect. But if all the cards that aren't chosen are going to the graveyard anyway, why even bother with exile?
>Put all cards from your library into your graveyard, then put up to X cards from your graveyard on top of your library in any order. You lose half you life total, rounded up.
>>
File: Strike a Pose.png (193KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Strike a Pose.png
193KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51316343
Oh shit, I forgot to restrict the ability! Ugh, imagine it has a once per turn clause on it.

>>51316350
Everything I see from Homestruck makes me even more glad that I never got into it.
>>
File: Evangelical Valkyrie.png (229KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Evangelical Valkyrie.png
229KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Synchrony.png (235KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Synchrony.png
235KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Mal Duncan Herald.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mal Duncan Herald.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
Don't think I got feedback for this. For those of you who watched Teen Titans, this is the guy who blew into a horn that opened portals, which I tried to represent here with tuck. Though I'm honestly wondering about altering the ability to allow it to give you the option of dumping the creature in an array of different zones.

>>51317092
Not a big fan of how it lets you gain control of a creature, I'll be honest. I mean, the effect is cool, but seems like too much for this card. Like, if you took the effect and made an Instant out of it, I'd like to see that.

>>51317184
Seems absolutely disgusting in Commander.
>>
>>51316379
Except MS Paint Adventures was actually good, before Hussy went off the deep end. It was just absurdist enough to work.

>>51317184
Why yes, I'll take 75% of a Prophet of Kruphix and 50% of a Consecrated Sphinx, with the durability of an Enchantment at half the cost.

>>51317226
This is
>WU, T: Target opponent draws the same permanent for the rest of the game.
This is a 3 or 4 mana effect normally, given Unexpectedly Absent really pushed the bar for the cost. Now make it repeatable? On a 3-drop? Hot damn.
>>
Don't think I got any feedback for this design. I'd been trying to giver her a second ability besides flicker for a while, and I liked the idea of making her a repeatable O-Ring. Let me know if it needs to be rebalanced.

>>51317284
>Herald
Hrm, whoops, didn't think that through. I guess... the permanent gets shuffled into its owner's library instead? I mean, I realize I'd have to recost it for that, but what about the idea?
>>
>>51317395
>I guess... the permanent gets shuffled into its owner's library instead?
Probably better. Shuffling in is removal, yes, but repeated topping can force an opponent to just... not play permanents at all. Either they keep playing it and it keeps getting bounced, or they don't play anything so they can see new cards and get Time Walked.

>>51317395
She's expensive and fragile, so its probably fine. Thank you for using the new O-Ring wording, or otherwise she'd be broken.
>>
File: Control Fate.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Control Fate.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
only patricians will understand this card
>>
>>51318439

kinda strong, needs a downside like cooldown
>>
File: Floyd Lawton Deadshot6.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Floyd Lawton Deadshot6.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Deadshot. No change from last time. Trying to get across the idea that he's very good at filling people with bullets, which basically means pinging. I'm just having a bit of a hard time getting that across, I think. Also, you could consider the use of the counters as a sort of politics tool, encouraging player not to piss you off.

>>51318439
Oh my god that guy was an asshole. And no, I'm never going to forgive FF for siding with him.
>>
Curator of Connections 1UU
Creature- Vedalken Wizard
T: Search your library for a card with the same mana cost as target spell, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. (Mana cost includes color.)
2/2

Grave Mistake 3BG
Sorcery
Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains "When this creature dies, add BG to your mana pool" until end of turn and fights target creature.

Blind Tutor 2BR
Sorcery
Reveal your library, then turn it facedown. Choose a card from it, then put that card into your hand. Shuffle your library.

Eidetic Tutor 1UB
Sorcery
Reveal your library.
Search your library for a card and put it into your hand.
Reveal your library.
>>
>>51319033
Curator is clever. Blind and Eidetic Tutors are obnoxious. Grave Mistake seems confused, and has memory issues.
>>
>>51319033
Basically what >>51319114 said, both the tutors are just a pain in the ass. No amount of clever design can justify that level of obnoxiousness. And yes, Grave Mistake needs to decide if it wants to actually recur a creature or just deal damage.

Curator is interesting. I was going to say it would be really useful to fetch counterspells until I noticed that it searches for cards with the exact same mana cost, which really restricts what it can do.
>>
>>51319114
>>51319179
Blind and Eidetic tutor were mostly jokes in the first place. Grave Mistake didn't originally have the mana back clause, but I figured it needed something to sweeten the pot. Is there something I'm missing from just "Return target creature card from a graveyard to the battlefield, it fights target creature"?
Curator is deliberately funky, though at the very least you can use it to keep grabbing the same spell several times in a row. Also forgot the reveal clause.
>>
File: Soul Container.jpg (48KB, 375x523px)
Soul Container.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Not sure about wording, or power level. Whatever, I find the idea cool enough to post it.
>>
>>51320774
Consider Whip of Erebos, and how it bent the standard meta while it was legal.
>>
>>51320867
I think it's not quite the same use. You can reanimate anything, which is very powerful, but that creature can't be used for attacking, so it'd better have an insane effect.
>>
>>51317092
you shouldn't get the creature at the end (unless its yours)
>>
>>51320941
It's also much cheaper and doesn't tap to do so, and does it at instant speed. Fetches Gary out of the graveyard whenever you want. Grabs their Snapcaster from the yard when you want it. Heck, incidentally usable to clean creatures out of their graveyard for a reasonable price.
There's plenty of things that are insane enough that BB is too little to get them out of the yard for.
>>
>>51317184
Not synchronicity? (i really like this)

>>51317226
pay UW, tap: target opponent never draws a card again?

>>51318520
"Untap Floyd whenever you cast a spell"
>>
>>51321248
I thought about these situations and I think I'm fine with that power level. Maybe BBB at best.
>>
>>51321277
as a black player you are, how about as a red one?
>>
>>51321277
I'd make it 2BB for a reason, and cheaper on the front end, but your card, your shenanigans.
Imagine a little ramping into a Griselbrand turn three.
>>
>>51311920
Have you done Spawn?
>>
>>51318439
>>51318514
aside from the fact that it is meant as a joke, i dont actually think it is that strong, as youd first need to draw it, any shuffle effect fucks you up and as it costs 4 mana it cant even fix your early game. youd also need to know the matchup you are in perfectly to balance active and reactive cards.
>>
File: Day Without Rain.png (207KB, 375x523px)
Day Without Rain.png
207KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Floras Secret.png (301KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Floras Secret.png
301KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Al Simmons Spawn.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Al Simmons Spawn.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>51319642
>Is there something I'm missing from just "Return target creature card from a graveyard to the battlefield, it fights target creature"?
It feels awkward. Like, what you want to recur is restricted by what you want to Fight, and vice versa. Like, you might want to recur a utility creature, but it's so fragile every creature your opponents control will kill it in a Fight. Or you can recur something with enough power to kill something an opponent has, but it has low toughness so it'll die too. So why was it even recurred in the first place, why didn't the spell just deal damage? If you want to keep both effects on one card, I'd recommend changing it to something like
>Choose one or both —
>• Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
>• You may have a creature you control fight target creature an opponent controls. (Alternatively, maybe "Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control this turn, you may have it fight target creature an opponent controls.")

>>51320774
>flying, has, and can't attack.
Why not use Defender? Anyway, I really agree with the other anon, this is too good, it's just going to be used to repeatedly abuse the shit out of ETB and LTB effects. Also, it still allows utility creatures to be used, so activated abilities still work. Oh yeah, and if the point is to just recur stuff with it, you don't really need an equip ability. And Wizards likes using the "unattached from a permanent" wording, probably to get around manlands.

>>51321276
>Herald
Another anon already pointed that out to me. I'll probably change it to shuffle the permanent instead.

>Deadshot
Wait, really? I'd always thought adding an untap ability to him might be too good.

>>51321528
A while ago, yes. That said, looking at it now, I don't really like it that much. I'll try it again later. I've actually been trying a few cards not from DC or Marvel. It's just difficult sometimes due to a lack of information about the characters.
>>
>>51319642
>"Return target creature card from a graveyard to the battlefield, it fights target creature"
The spell needs a second target to fight or you can't reanimate. Just stick an "up to one target" in there.
>>
>>51322505
Seems like too much for a common. Not really a fan of the way it lets you cast the card either, feels like it would be easy to abuse with multiple or a way to copy it.
>>
File: Better Half.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Better Half.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
Relevant thread to repost this design
>>
>>51323997
the second ability needs to be part of the first
>>
>>51323997
What >>51324065 said. It needs to gain the ability after it becomes a copy.
>You may have ~ enters the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except it gains "The 'legend rule' doesn't apply to creatures with the same name as this creature."
>>
File: Double Down.png (307KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Double Down.png
307KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Lifeflame Phoenix.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lifeflame Phoenix.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>51324209
I really don't understand the Flashback cost. I mean, I understand how it works, I'm just not sure why you chose it. Does remind me of this card I made though.
>>
File: Cruel Inquiry.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cruel Inquiry.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>51324404
Sense the effect lingers till your next turn there is a good chance your opponent will swing at you back, putting you low.

>Phoenix
This is super spicy and well designed. It feels a little over costed.
>>
>>51324930
Interesting drawback, though it's probably too swingy - when your opponent is screwed you make it even worse by taking cheap spells.
>>
File: Lagoon Lurker.jpg (49KB, 375x523px)
Lagoon Lurker.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
This was a result of my thinking about inserting the Creature from the Black Lagoon into Innistrad, which I thought could make for an interesting, Gothic horror take on Merfolk. (Though now that I think about it, are kinda similar to the Surrakar. But I'm not going to dignify that type by using.)

>>51324930
>Sense the effect lingers till your next turn there is a good chance your opponent will swing at you back, putting you low.
Huh, didn't notice that it was until next turn. But then why would you use it if you think your opponent is going to hurt you with it? I don't play much Magic, but why would you use it in the first place if you didn't think you could win during your current turn? Though this is probably just me having a hard time grasping the thoughts of Suicide Red. (Hmm, I feel like that would make a good name for a character or something.)

>Lifeflame Phoenix
Well, I guess I could bump off a R from the costs. And thanks! It was actually made for an anon who was asking about taking the flavor of Phoenixes and applying them mechanically to players (think Angel's Grace), and I pointed out how you'd really only be able to get away with something like that on some flashy mythic. Which lead to a few of us making flashy mythics. It was pretty fun actually.

>Cruel Injury
Hmm. Seems interesting, but I'm not sure how it would actually play. Though it looks like something that could really hurt players who are mana screwed.
>>
File: Veilborn Prosecutor.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Veilborn Prosecutor.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>51325093
It's hard to say. The idea is, if your opponent is getting land flooded they get to protect their relevant cards, and only gets them punished if they don't have lands and only threats.
I think a discard spell that is sometimes completely useless is fair compared to the power level of the average discard spell.
I think I'll make it only hit cards of CMC 4 or less.

>>51325158
>Lurker
This would be really good in an innistrad block limited pool. I like the design. I kind of wish it was, "when hit, target player mills" sense UB in those blocks liked to auto mill sometimes.

>How would you use Double down?
It would mostly be used as a finisher yeah.

>Cruel fucks over mana screwed even more
I mean tbfair you already lose if you get mana screwed.
>>
File: The Red Lady of Effalen.png (228KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Red Lady of Effalen.png
228KB, 375x523px
one mana legendary edition

>>51317184
That's some good shit right there. Degenerate filth in multiplayer, but it's a beautiful design.

>>51317395
There's nothing WRONG with this, but the design would be much more elegant if you just picked one of those abilities (the second one). Resist the urge to fill the text box on every card, /co/-sama.

>>51318439
gud b8/10
needs "enters the battlefield untapped"

>>51318520
I like this design. I'd like it more if it cost something like, 1RR and didn't have haste.

>>51322492
Rebound might be too oppressive? Flashback: G might be cool.

>>51322505
This should be rare. Love the design, otherwise.

>>51323032
>regenerate
boo, get with the times! temporary indestructible is the new hotness. If it was me, I'd ditch the ability entirely. There's enough going on here already, blah blah
You should do The Authority!
>>
>>51325276
Too cheap, and nothing about it really feels demonic.

>>51325288
Neat.
>>
File: Mercurial Barrier.png (305KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mercurial Barrier.png
305KB, 375x523px
>>51324404
I think 4RRR is a perfectly appropriate cost for a 15+/5 haste flier. Mythic as FUCK

>>51325158
this is a perfectly fine uncommon

>>51325276
this is a perfectly fine uncommon and I like the design quite a bit
>>
File: The Doom Slayer.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Doom Slayer.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>51325276
>I kind of wish it was, "when hit, target player mills" sense UB in those blocks liked to auto mill sometimes.
Hmm, well, I could change it. I guess I'm attached to restricting combat damage triggers to affect that opponent or something that opponent has.

>sense
I thought the first time you used this was a typo, but I guess not. Is English your first language? The right word here is "since" not "sense".

>Veilborn Prosecutor
I don't think you strictly need W to make this work, but it looks fun.

>>51325288
>Phantom Lady
Yeah, I know, it's my Complexity Addiction taking over. I have to say though, you prefer the second ability to the first? I originally made the first and went from there.

>Deadshot
Well, I kinda liked his having Haste, but that sounds good. Also, another anon suggested adding (I think)
>Whenever you cast a spell, untap ~.
What do you think of that?

>Spawn
I did say I'd made it a while ago, and that's definitely one of the first thing's I'd change. And yeah, I do kinda think it's overdesigned now, especially after making pic attached, which I feel is a bit more elegant than Spawn.

>The Authority
Hmm, OK. Let me see what I come up with.

Thanks for the feedback!

>The Red Lady of Effalen
Seems like it could be fun. Not really a fan of the ability not having you discard at random, feels a bit... ham handed? I can just imagine someone making something like this as a joke and adding
>(In case you didn't read the first ability, you actually have to discard the card at random!)
>>
File: fuck gruul.jpg (627KB, 1500x1046px) Image search: [Google]
fuck gruul.jpg
627KB, 1500x1046px
and here's a bunch of other shit
>>
File: Old Ones Will.png (236KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Old Ones Will.png
236KB, 375x523px
I am so mad this doesn't work.
>>
>>51325512
Not excessive enough. Needs Double Strike, and possibly indestructible. Bump up the cost and bump up the beefiness. Make timmy cream his pants.
>>
>>51325507
>I think 4RRR is a perfectly appropriate cost for a 15+/5 haste flier.
Good point.
>Mythic as FUCK
Thanks! That's exactly what I was going for. The exact words I was using to describe the concept behind its creation were "huge, flashy mythic".

>Lagoon Lurker
Thanks. Glad to know my CO set hasn't entirely degenerated my ability to design rarities below rare.

>Mercurial Barrier
Seems like fun, though maybe up the cost because of how difficult it can be to remove? Not to mention you can pump it. Also, if you want to use reminder text, you could just use one line like
>Defender, first strike, hexproof (This creature can't attack, it deals combat damage before creatures without first strike, it and can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
See Mirri, Cat Warrior.
>>
>>51325563
Warped Reflection is interesting.

Hallowed Skulker has potential but plays really awkwardly. An opponent is never going to attack into it unless they are sure they can trade. Balancing around 2 power might be better.
>>
>>51325623
Wording is weird and the color is way off. Black should be the only one having that type of effect.

For the rewording I'd put something like that:

" Target player reveals his or her hand, then chooses target noncreature nonland card revealed this way. That player discards that card.

Overload 2BBB "

It's not perfect but that would be how I would write it to fit overload I guess?
>>
File: Scaleguard Tomerobber.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Scaleguard Tomerobber.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51325421
>Demons not interacting with people's hands or making players lose life
I shiggy diggy don't believe you.
I'll make it a 1wb.
>>
File: nogglehedgemage.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
nogglehedgemage.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
>>51325855

Works as an uncommon. The typing is a little weird though. Noggle would probably be a better fit then dragon.
>>
>>51325855
Demon's are classically about power at a price. Veilborn is all power all the time.

>>51325855
Goblin Dankdweller
>>
>>51325623

{X}{X}{B}{B}
Sorcery
Target player discards X cards from his or her hand, loses
X life, and sacrifices X creatures.
{1}{B}
Sorcery
Target player reveals his or her hand, then discards target
non creature nonland card revealed this way.

Cycling{2}{B}{G}{W} When you cycle old one's will, you may have target
player discard his or her hand.
>>
File: Queen in a Box.png (285KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Queen in a Box.png
285KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>51325563

Hollowed Skulker could work better as a 1/4.
Could also change the white mana to red mana as well.
(If you decided to drop the 3rd ability for some reason.)
>>
>>51325507

I'd switch Mercurial barrier to shroud instead of hexproof.

Funwise though, you could change the mana cost to hybrid mana, or lower it by 1. (Or both?) Then remove hexproof, and replace it with "when ~this is targeted, return it to its owners hand."

Either way, +1 for making something with the typing "Weird Wall"
>>
>>51325563
Oh, are you making a set... Moon anon? Crescent anon? (Yes, I regularly forget peoples' names and who's making sets.)

>Orzhov Inquisitor
Eh... it's super weird how a Black Kicker enables enchantment destruction. I mean, sure it's a White card, but still, it really rubs me the wrong way. Sorry. Maybe split up the cost so it normally hits an enchantment, but switches to creature if you use Kicker?

>Warped Reflection
I like the idea, but what's up with the Flashback cost? I could see a Flashback cost like that, but I feel like it would have to work differently if it's cast for Flashback, either by altering the effect to make it truly Grixis, or increasing the effect like the Resounding cycle from Alara.

>Guilt
Seems interesting, but could be oppressive, especially against a creature-heavy deck. Maybe exile and lifeloss?

>Baleful Patriarch
With the amount of life this thing is going to cost you, I think it can do with a lower mana cost.

>End of Days
Eh, feels clunky. I think I'd rather have something more... direct, I guess.

>Grand Unravelling
>Gold cost
>Hybrid frame
>Old modal format
>Bold font
What. While I like the effect, I don't see it being very Black.

>Solemn Vow
Eh, not sure about this one. Anyway, due to the way Auras work, the Aura should go into the graveyard after the creature dies, so I think you'd have to say that the Aura is returning to the battlefield as well.

>Hollowed Skulker
Why not defending player?

>>51325623
Pretty sure none of this works. Sorry.
>>
File: Fiddle Around.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fiddle Around.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>51325925
>>51326054
Shadowmoor and it's block are not fit for evaluating power level or color pie. It's been called a failure of balancing.
Noggles are cute though so if i had any art for them I would.

>>51325929
Veilborn are a sect of WB cultists and demons that abuse dark powers to exert control over their nation. It's intenitonally not a classical demon. It takes root in demons themes but isn't identical.
>>
>>51326048
Don't see the point of the "no creatures on the battlefield" bit. Name and art are really awkward. I know what it's from, but still.

>>51326197
Stack fuckery at uncommon? I'd make it rare on that alone.
>>
I went to FNM for the first time ever last night. While there I thought of three cards:

Veni
3W
Instant
Search your library for a creature card and put it on the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.

Vidi
3U
Instant
Target opponent reveals his or her hand.

Vici
3R
Instant
Vici deals 4 damage to target creature.
>>
File: Korosh of the Great Hunt.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Korosh of the Great Hunt.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Sticking with the thread theme
No idea about the cost here
>>
>>51326586
I like the card name idea, but while Vidi and Vici are close to useless ( you have to come up with a way to either make those interesting or reduce those costs ), Veni is ULTRA broken. Just think of Natural Order which is one of the most busted cards in all MTG history and then look at your card and see the difference haha. Besides, I don't imagine white doing that kind of effect, that type of effect is more green than anything.

>>51326592
Look at prey upon, or hunt the weak for wording.
>>
Well, off to work again. For the anon who suggested The Authority, I will try to get to them tonight. For now, here's one of the few non-DC, non-Marvel cards I've made. I think all of you can guess what the flavor is from the card itself. For those of you wondering, the character was made by Top Cow, one of the posterchilds of the 90's, right up there with Image.

>>51325637
Well, I kinda like it where it is now. And the Doom Slayer isn't invincible, no way is he getting Indestructible. He's swift and merciless, and willing to use any advantage he can get. I don't think he needs anything else.

>>51326592
Think I'd say
>Choose target creature you control and target creature you don't control. Until end of turn, when one of the chosen creatures dies, put a +1/+1 counter on the other creature. They fight each other.
>>
>>51326682
The logic of Veni being white is that it allows you to swarm easier, and swarm decks are usually white. But I do see how it'd be advantageous to use it to summon a big green creature.

Maybe if Vidi allowed you to put one of the cards you saw on the bottom of their deck and Vici also dealt damage to their controller?
>>
>>51326839
Also, Veni would have CMC limits too.
>>
File: VVV.jpg (266KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
VVV.jpg
266KB, 1125x523px
>>
>>51326839
>>51326857

Keep in mind that when you let players search ANY creature card, they will get things like Griselbrand, Emrakul, or anything of that sort out of their deck. With a bit of ramp it can get extremely retarded pretty fast. And you can see that even the " green creature " restriction isn't enough, as people will get things like Craterhoof Behemoth out of their deck.

So, that's why you see a lot of conditions in these type of cards these days ( and tutors, etc ). WOTC, and card creators, have seen what degenerate things can be done if you leave players with imagination as their only limit.
>>
>>51326715
You should make the equipment token something that's actually useful, rather than just an obtuse monstrosity.
>>
>>51327048
What do you suggest? Really, the card was more of an excuse for a fun flavor excercise than anything else.
>>
File: Soil Unbound.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Soil Unbound.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>51326250
You don't put cards at rare for being spicy you put them at rare for being stronger.
This is usually just a janky turn aside.

>>51326993
Vidi is too strong at instant speed. It's not difficult to bolt + U.
Vici is too strong as well. It might be difficult to get the full discount but it would make burn even faster.
Paying R for bolt, R for force spike, and R for vici wouldn't be difficult to do on most turn 3s.
>>
>>51326995
...Which is why I said "it would have CMC limits, too."

>>51326993
The true American deck.
>>
>>51326995
Always remember that technically, Progenitus is a green creature. :^)
>>
>>51327162
It's a R A I N B O W creature!
>>
>>51327134
>>51327134
>You don't put cards at rare for being spicy you put them at rare for being stronger.
Not even Wizards fully believes this. Yes, some cards are at rare because of their power, but that's not the only reason. Some cards are there due to their mechanics. It's the reason that if Suspend ever came back, they'd probably never put it on a common, they think it's too complex to be one of the first and most common mechanics in a set. And I think stack interaction is too complex for newbies to get straight away.

>card
Don't really get this one.
>>
File: Enlightenment.png (271KB, 375x523px)
Enlightenment.png
271KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Flying Goldfish.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Flying Goldfish.png
264KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Nimbus Witch.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nimbus Witch.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51325855
Minor wording fixes:
>When ~ enters the battlefield, you may cast target instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard without paying its mana cost.

Most official cards also tack this rider onto similar effects.:
>If that card would be put into your graveyard this turn, exile it instead.
>>
File: Maraxiform the Searing Flame.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Maraxiform the Searing Flame.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51328556
>...it deals damage to target creature or player equal to the difference between your life total and your starting life total.
>>
>>51328556
Too cheap for its body and effect. This could cost 6 or 7.
>>
>>51328556
It should not be able to hit players for so much damage.
>>
>>51328556
way too good for what it is. Just a 5/7 flying creature for 5 is a good deal imo
>>
>>51326592
i like the idea behind this but i don't see orcs in green.
>>
>>51328556

A very powerful ability, considering fetch and tap lands exist.

I'd go for just flat damage to both players instead, and decrease the mana cost by {1} at the same time.
>>
File: Triton Waverunner.png (237KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Triton Waverunner.png
237KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Ætherborn Sellsword.png (268KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ætherborn Sellsword.png
268KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51329148
5 mana seems a little overcosted for a 6/6 with flying and defender. Maybe take it down to 4, or even 3 if you want to push it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (545KB, 756x523px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
545KB, 756x523px
I feel like I made this a little bit much.
>tfw almost named it "Dramatic Entrance" without knowing it was taken so now the spell is like 30% less cool
>>
>Defenestrate
>3R
>Instant
>Target creature gains flying until end of turn. At the beginning of your end step, exile that creature.

>Shards of Glass
>(No cost, unplayable)
>Instant
>(Spells without mana costs can't be played)
>Shards of Glass deals 8 damage to target creature or player
>Splice onto an Instant named Defenestrate: RR
>>
>>51330795
Ares is making me laugh my head off. You definitely didn't think this through.
>Ha! Now you're going to pay for flickering my permanents, because now Ares has ten +1/+1 counters! ALPHA STRIKE!
>I flicker Ares. Now he has no counters.
>O-oh, OK...

Let me put it this way. You made a creature with no protection from removal, and you gave it an ability to become stronger when your opponent uses lots of removal.
>>
>>51331775
This is actually for a set my friends and I are designing with two factions fighting each other (super original); the side Ares's fighting for deals with exiling permanents you control. I see what you're saying, though.

Seems a little obvious, but should I replace indestructible with hexproof then?
>>
>>51331871
Give me as much detail as you possibly can, then I'll see what we can do.
>>
File: Grenzos Saboteur.png (299KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grenzos Saboteur.png
299KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51330795

>League of legends reference
I like it.

Spectactular entrance could use some tweaking to fit the flavor better. Could nix the lifegain, and have it put Ares directly into play, rather then into your hand.
>>
>>51327391
Name feels at odds with the mechanics. I do like it though.

>>51327408
I'd like a better name, but it's fine otherwise. Actually, maybe change colors (GU?). I know someone's going to bring up the fact that Gold has only been Black so far, but I don't think there's anything about the mechanic that restricts it directly to Black.

>>51328024
You have to put in a "base power and toughness" clause. And I'm not entirely sure your wording works, so I'm going to try my hand at it, though there's really no precedence for this exact wording, so I could be wrong as well.
>At the beginning of each combat, up to one target creature loses all abilities and becomes a blue Bird with base power and toughness 2/2 until end of turn. It gains flying until end of turn.

>>51328556
What everyone else said, this is beyond broken. No official precedence on the wording I'm about to give you, but I'd use
>[...] it deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is your starting life total minus your current life total.

>>51329148
I know I gave this feedback before, and I'm pretty sure you didn't change a thing about this. So my feedback remains the same: Pseudo-Lifelink is not a good enough reason to bend over and let an opponent rape you for a turn.

>>51329310
Eh, seems fine I guess. Nothing spectacular.

>>51329333
Not sure about this, sorry.

>>51330795
OK, I already spoke about Ares, now the other one. Feels meh. It's super obvious how you want it to be used, which just makes it feel a bit forced. I'd like it far more if it had the creature enter the battlefield to do the damage. Exactly how, I dunno, maybe one-sided Fight?

>>51332291
This is really cool. Kinda feel like the activated ability should have a R in the cost due to how it works with the rest of the card, could be wrong though. Maybe hit creatures too to make up for it?

To Moon anon: I will try to at least get a first draft for Midnighter up by today.
>>
File: Grovekin Scentry.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grovekin Scentry.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>51329148
Seems pretty garbo to give up a turn for 12 life point swing after paying 5 mana and waiting a turn.
I like the idea of making a severe sacrifice like losing control for a turn, but I wouldn't want that as my payout for the risk.
>>
File: Calicifed Manageode.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Calicifed Manageode.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>51329310
The protection is nice but the lack of evasion isn't. A very fair card. Could be a 2/2.

>>51329333
This is really strong for limited. I feel like just keeping a dead card in your hand all game would be rather easy by turn 4 sense around there lands get a bit useless. This isn't insane, but it's a strong common.
>>
>>51332964
I like this mana rock.

>>51332889
You are going to need to define unique.
>>
File: Untitled.png (541KB, 756x523px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
541KB, 756x523px
>>51332238
Basically there are two sides at war: Ramil, WUR, which is focused on a bank-like ideology where you loan permanents in exile as an additional cost to cast spells. They have abilities like Loan (Exiling permanents you control reduces the cost of the spell by 1 or one mana of that permanents color, similar to convoke except that when the permanent with Loan leaves the battlefield, the exiled permanents return to the battlefield tapped) and Loophole N (As an additional cost to cast this spell, exile N lands you control). Aside from those, they also have keywords like Tariff, an ability that triggers whenever an opponent casts a spell on your turn, and Monopoly, which is basically a reverse Delirium that activates when you control 4 or more types of permanents.

The other side Zarm, BRG, focuses on having a majority of permanents be the same type. They have abilities like Seize which gains control of targeted permanents that share a type with it, and Indoctrinate, which triggers when permanents with the same type enter the battlefield (typically used for creatures). Other abilities are Community N (As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice N creatures that share a creature type) and Dematerialize X (Pay X: Exile this card until the end of turn). Dematerialize could also be used on things outside of the WUR faction.

>>51332727
>>51332446
Is this any better? I tried to make it a bit more flexible.
>>
>>51332993
>You are going to need to define unique.
I think he means creatures that don't share any creature types with each other.
>>
>>51332889
>As long as you control three or more creatures with different creature types, x
>>
File: Psi-Blades.png (332KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Psi-Blades.png
332KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Tormog Devourer of the Deep.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tormog Devourer of the Deep.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>51328864
Yeah, I didn't have any other art that seemed to fit. I'll keep looking.
>>51326715
Noted, I'll change the wording.
>>
File: Pack Binder.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pack Binder.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>51332993
>>51333011
>>51333036
(Unique is defined as not having an identical creature type to another creature you control. Ex, a goblin and a goblin warrior do not have identical creature type thus you have two unique creature types.)

>>51333062
Kamigawa showed that mechanics that care about you holding onto cards don't work well. It punishes the player for playing the game and ultimiatly slow it matches of "draw go".
>>
>>51333000
>where you loan permanents in exile as an additional cost to cast spells.
Hmm, you'd have to be very careful with this.

>Loan (Exiling permanents you control reduces the cost of the spell by 1 or one mana of that permanents color, similar to convoke except that when the permanent with Loan leaves the battlefield, the exiled permanents return to the battlefield tapped)
This sounds terrible. 1 mana, that's it, really? I say look to Champion for this one. Also, consider how Emerge and Offering dramatically reduce the cost, though to be fair, those have you sac the permanent and there's no recursion, though they also only call for one sac.

>Loophole N (As an additional cost to cast this spell, exile N lands you control)
This IS terrible. Absolute grade-A fucking TRASH terrible. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but I want you to stay as FAR AWAY from this mechanic as possible. NOTHING GOOD can possibly result in using this. Just to give you an idea of how bad this is, it's an EVEN WORSE version of one of the worst mechanics from Kamigawa, a bad block absolutely full of terrible mechanics. Again, apologies for being harsh. And for using all-caps.

>Tariff
I dunno, feels more GW to me than WUR.

>Monopoly
You want the faction that wants you to give up your permanents to have a mechanic that benefits your having different types of permanents?

1/2
>>
>>51333000
>Zarm
None of this really strikes me as BRG. I feel like it's more GW than anything, maybe GWU.

>Community
I don't think you should mix "card types matter" with "creature types matter".

>Dematerialize
Self-flicker? Doesn't seem good enough for a keyword.

>Spectacular Entrance
Does seem better.

>Ares
Hexproof isn't Red or White (mostly). Actually, don't focus on these things, this big, flashy rares, focus on the small cards, the commons and uncommons. They are the bread and butter of your set, they make up the majority of your set, the foundation. If the foundation of the set isn't good, it doesn't really matter how good the rarer cards are. Focus on the commons and uncommons first, find out what works and what doesn't, and go from there.

Also, you need to update MSE, you're still using the pre-M15 frames.

2/2
>>
>>51333118
I like that you can't just circumvent the downside by running it in a creature light deck.
>>
>>51333372
To be fair, it's still a 7/7 trample sometimes-hexproof for 5.
>>
>>51333062
The fact that so many of the non-DC, non-Marvel characters are such obvious copies of DC and Marvel characters never fails to make me smile. Anyway, I think this would be better if you just cut out the FStrike and DStrike bits, and just added FStrike onto the default ability. Also, you may want to say
>[...] for each card in its controller's hand.
Considering Righteous Authority.

>>51333118
S anon, you also need to update MSE.

>Tormog
Seems interesting, but I'd rather have it require so many sacrifices, or have a bigger mana cost, rather than just killing all your other creatures. I think the other abilities are interesting though. Oh, and for things that are physical and countable, Magic writes out the numbers ("Exile two creature cards from your graveyard") and for things that are abstract and can't be counted, like life totals, you use numerals.

>>51333143
>Pack Binder
You keep messing up how the hyphen is placed. It needs a space between it and the ability word, as well as the rules text. Also, I think you should change your wording for "unique". No idea how this mechanic will actually play though. Which I think might be why Wizards hasn't tried it.
>>
>>51332993
I want one irl
>>
>>51332889
Scentry? Is that meant as a pun?
>>
File: Lucas Trent Midnighter.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lucas Trent Midnighter.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Moon anon, what did I ever do to you? Oh my lord, reading about the Authority is fucking torture. I'm going to continue making Authority cards (I have planned Jack Hawksmoor, Apollo, The Doctor (just one), Swift, and Jenny Sparks planned). But I have to ask, if you are a fan of the series, why? I'm just not seeing anything here to like.

ANYWAY, Midnighter. His schtick is knowing what people are going to do before they do it, and he uses that to kick their asses. That's it. Fuck this hurts.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1498x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1498x1046px
>>51333197
>>51333331
>Loophole
Yeah, it wasn't my idea. I had to convince my friends to restrict it to Loophole 1 or 2 on some cards like Bad Deal; the one who made it originally wanted it to be a 0 drop Loophole 3.

>Monopoly
Yeah, I'll admit we didn't exactly think that one through enough.

>Zarm
I think our problem with this is we tried not making the colors overlap too much, came up with the colors first and keywords later, and in doing so raped the color wheel.

>Dematerialize
This was more of a flavor thing than anything else, as in the faction that's going against the banks doesn't like to be materialistic.

>Commons and uncommons
Well we're 74 cards in, 26 of which are rare or mythic rare and were made somewhat recently, only thought of bringing some cards for criticism here earlier in the day.

Definitely will keep troubleshooting these keywords with the guys, I will up these points with them too. One thing I've been noticing more often is that a lot of cards we make end up eating the color pie like in some of the cards in pic related.
I'm gonna update the frames asap, thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>51333721
>Yeah, it wasn't my idea.
Oh, I don't like where this is going...

>came up with the colors first and keywords later, and in doing so raped the color wheel.
This is precisely why I keep telling people to see what mechanics work and then design from there.

>Well we're 74 cards in, 26 of which are rare or mythic rare and were made somewhat recently, only thought of bringing some cards for criticism here earlier in the day.
Please upload the MSE file to something like Dropbox then post a link, I need to see what you guys have done (you know, without clogging the thread).

>cards
>Bad Deal
OH GOD IT HURTS!

>Zarm War Chieftan
I like this, but it seems really pricey. Would definitely benefit by being cheaper. Maybe uncommon.

>Capital Punishment
So... Barter in Blood, less mana but more restrictive, and common? Huh?

>Propaganda Artist
Name doesn't really match the art. I'd expect someone involved in propaganda to be shown with, well, propaganda. Or talking to the masses or something, you know? As for seize, I'd change "this creature" to "this permanent". And I'm not sure the drawback here works on a faction that wants to control things on a regular basis. It would be like if a Jeskai card dealt 1 damage to you every time you cast a noncreature spell.

>Magma Strike
Why even exile matters? Why doesn't it just look at the graveyard? I'm seriously not seeing the obsession with exiling stuff. Oh right, the banking thing. That's going to be a problem.

>Prophetic Magma
Why is this Red? Also, art in use, Magmatic Insight.

>Beyond the City
Wow, exile interaction like this, on an uncommon, is really making me squirm. That replacement effect even moreso.

>Collateral Motivation
All I'm going to do is point out that in the Battle for Zendikar block, which had exile as a theme and used exiled cards as a resource, they didn't do it like this. And is that the Boros watermark? Hard to tell, I hope not.
>>
>>51333721
Loophole and Loan seem to lend themselves (pun not intended) to tremendous feelbad situations. Since I can't even blow tokens on it, anything that I loaned for and gets countered becomes a massive, massive swing in the board. And the nature of tracking things from stack to battlefield causes logistical issues, because you need weird "the permanent this becomes" clauses like Armor of Thorns and its substance cousins. But that's technically buried in the CR for the ability, so its not too much of a card space issue.

Indoctrinate doesn't really need to be a keyword, because "Whenever another creature enters the battlefield" is a pretty broad effect that doesn't serve a purpose in being united under an ability word.

Community seems like forcing tribal really really hard, which is a mean thing to do to drafters. If you don't meet the tribal requirement, oops, dead card!

Seize is can't be printed too commonly, which means its a poor choice for a keyword mechanic. Swapping things around the board doesn't make for fun gameplay, if you ask me, but I don't play Thieves' Auction in EDH.

I really think you need to go back to the drawing board with 90% of these. They're functional (non-joke) cards, but that doesn't make them cards that I'd be excited to play. They're more like cards that I'd groan upon seeing.
>>
what can UB do together that isn't mill? fucking anything?
>>
File: 197353.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
197353.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>51334968
Mostly efficient and expanded options of what blue and black are already good at on their own, like card advantage (drawing, tutoring, disruption, and manipulation), removal, thievery, and evasion. Its both their strength and weakness, because they overlap so much in theory that in practice designing a solidly "blue-black" card becomes difficult. Even blue alone can mill.
>>
>>51334968
They're good at evasion, and enjoy stealing opponents' cards. From the hand, graveyard, library, UB loves killing players with their own cards.
>>
File: Floyd Lawton Deadshot7.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Floyd Lawton Deadshot7.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
Deadshot again. Combined suggestions from two different anons. One suggested nixing Haste and moving the cost from 3RR to 1RR, another suggested the untap ability. I'm more confident in the cost reduction than I am with the untap ability, which I'm afraid could make the card too good. And thank you to everyone who's responded to my cards and given me feedback.

>>51335052
THAT thing is a Sphinx? Really? At that cost, I think the ability is OK. However, I am wondering about the wisdom of combing it with DTouch.
>>
File: Song of Destiny.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Song of Destiny.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51335119
>THAT thing is a Sphinx? Really?
I'll admit that its rather centauroid rather than strictly sphinxoid, but I liked the idea of mashing up the iconic blue and black creatures. Deathtouch too strong for a UB-Control finisher?

>>51335119
I too worry a little bit about turbo-Gelectrode.

>card
Totally wasn't tempted to slap Miku on a card, nope.
>>
>>51335119
Other than against token spam decks, the aim counters are mostly just flavor. Mana is his main limiter, but he's going to kill a creature each turn.
>>
File: Tom Tresser Nemesis8.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Tresser Nemesis8.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Previous versions were UB, had keywords like FStrike and/or HProof, and also needed you to pay mana on exile. But an anon pointed out how, if I got rid of the keywords, I could attempt to cost it more aggressively, leading to this design. The flavor is that Nemesis takes people's places and poses as them, so here he's kicking out the opponent for a turn and taking their place. No real flavor justification for the exile bit, maybe he got caught, but it's really just for balance.

>>51335201
Well, I'm not really against the art, I was just taken aback I guess. As for DTouch, it's that combined with its big butt and its activated ability. Entirely possible I'm just an idiot though, remember that I don't play Magic much.

As for Deadshot, I could think of other, more restrictive ways to untap him. Or I could just ditch the ability entirely. Well, this is why I post on these threads.

>Song of Destiny
That alternate cost confuses the hell out of me. Why? Seems like it could easily be used to get an extra turn. Like, you remember that there are legendary lands, right? I feel that at the very least, the card should cost a little more (as Time Warp is 3UU), and should exile itself afterwards.

>Miku
Come on, do it! Or you could be like me and make a reprint with her art. Distant Melody maybe?

>>51335230
Yeah, even with the other version I knew that it was likely going to kill one creature per turn, but I'm OK with that considering it's not just "T: Destroy target creature." which I actually tried a while ago on another creature, and... yeah, probably not going to do that again.
>>
>>51335359
>Deadshot
Yeah, he's just a cheaper Jiwari without channel.
>>
>>51335201
That card is stupid busted.
>>
File: Sacrificial Offering.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sacrificial Offering.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>51335359
>That alternate cost confuses the hell out of me. Why? Seems like it could easily be used to get an extra turn. Like, you remember that there are legendary lands, right?
That was the intent, yes, although I just realized that would allow anybody to cast it with no color restriction. How about UU and a Legendary permanent? Costing the alternative too high makes it incredibly mana inefficient, even in a world where you're willing to Strip Mine yourself.

Also, added the exile clause. Good catch on that one.

>T: Destroy target creature.
It's not like Wizards hasn't done that before. Avatar of Woe is super fun in multiplayer formats.

>card
Costing this is weird. Also, how is this name not taken?
>>
>>51335501
I think UU would work a lot better, yeah. I think anyone familiar with the history of Magic knows how powerful free stuff is.

And I know stuff like Avatar of Woe exists, and Visara... Ugh, I dunno, I guess it's my fucking Complexity Addiction again. Or maybe because I feel like there's no flavor behind it? Maybe.

>card
Seems interesting, not sure how to balance it though.

>>51335415
Yeah, I realize that. But are you saying it should untap or not?
>>
File: Giant Seagull.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Seagull.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>51335695
>Yeah, I realize that. But are you saying it should untap or not?
Not that Anon, but if he's going to be that cheap and that efficient at turning colorless into unrestricted creature damage, he probably shouldn't untap.

>card
I really wanted to abuse this art, because the perspective on it is odd. Shitty common Mantis Rider, or something to that effect.
>>
File: Gelphi High Bishop.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gelphi High Bishop.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>51333480
>Tormog
Thanks for the feedback. I changed it so you have to sac 2 nontoken creatures on ETB, and I like that way better.
>>
>>51335750
>degenerate Reality Acid shenanigans intensify
I like it. Your fonts are screwed up, though.
>>
>>51335721
>Deadshot
OK.

>card
Meh. And I don't buy "giant" for a second, it just looks like it's in the foreground.

>>51335750
Should use wording that can allow you to activate the ability without having to recur an enchantment, on the off-chance you want him to have Indie but don't have an enchantment in your graveyard.
>>
File: Joen God of Nature.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Joen God of Nature.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
http://imgur.com/a/CjgD9

Looking for feedback on my rough drafts for Gods i've been working on in the link above. pic related is just one of them
>>
File: Thunderfish.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderfish.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>51335859
>Yek
One sided indestructible Trinisphere is nasty. Six life seems like a lot, but white sucking at drawing is sort of part of its identity.

>Shend
The passive is interesting. Not liking the active, since casual redirection is one of those effects I don't think should be easily repeatable.

>Kelax
Now the passive feels entirely tacked on for the sake of having a passive. Likewise, I don't like how abusable this active is.

>Sobair
Should grant haste. Also I dislike the /r/custommagic concept "Red is the legendary color!" because honestly, based on precedent, this is a GW card with Feldon's ability tacked on.

>Taul
Memory issues.

>Chlarae
Stranglehold God. Seems okay.

>Phaerus
Rename if possible, as the name is very close to the other UB god. Seems to share too much space with the Blue and UW gods.

>Maeros
Dying-Panharmo god, okay. Seems fine.

>Gahnx
Too cheap for what it does. Mana doubling on turn four, even if its only into a fat creature, is a nice turn five Progenitus. Even better that it fixes for you.

>Joen
Hardened Scales for Tokens God. Seems okay.

>Aldoral
Burning Tree Shaman God. Seems okay.

>Porexes
Woah, retrace? I had to dig way back for that one. Unusual to see it on creatures, but technically works, I guess.

>Naekos
UG Storm? Green typically seems like it needs cost reductions the least. Not digging it in these colors.

>Koyuros
Not sure this works. It groks perfectly fine at first pass, but man, is this a weird effect. Turning threatens into Control Magics is spicy, though, and I like it.

>Bryndas
Half of a Master Warcraft God. Seems interesting, although really really really nasty to be on the opposite end of. Might be too cheap.

>card
I'm a bastion of originality.
>>
File: Stratofraction.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stratofraction.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Racle The Mummy.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Racle The Mummy.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Will someone spot the joke?
>>
>>51337146
Uh... is the joke that you thought this card makes sense?
>>
File: Shen Li-Men Swift.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shen Li-Men Swift.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Seriously Moon anon, if you're a fan of The Authority, you have to tell me why.

Anyway, Swift. From what Wikipedia tells me, because I'm not going to touch this series with a ten-foot pole, she's swift and deadly and flies. Not too much going on. Uh, yeah, kinda noticing a pattern of almost every Authority member having basically one skill: Good at killing people. Except for the so creatively named Doctor, who's powers are so vague I might have to read this series, fuck me, and the woman who fucks people instead of fighting them. yes really.
>>
>>51340106
Hmm, forgot types. Human Bird, I think.
>>
File: Constricting Naga.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Constricting Naga.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Just a one-off. Have to say, I really see the Naga as being far more Green than Blue. I really don't understand what Wizards was doing in DTK.
>>
>>51336043
Interesting, but doesn't stop it from getting burned in response to the trigger.
>>
>>51341942
You say that, but then go and make a mono blue Naga.
>>
File: Polymorphists Gate.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Polymorphists Gate.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>51343186
Well, it's Green with a Blue ability, but I see what you mean.
>>
I want to make a card with something like the following effect.

"When you cast a card that's text "Draw a card", do thing."

How do I actually format that? It's important in this case to actually check the card's text on cast.
>>
>>51344145
To clarify, I want to check if a card's text contains a certain phrase.
>>
>>51344214
>>51344145
That's stupid, and you should feel stupid. There's almost certainly a better way.

(If you absolutely must, though, it's okay to refer to text, as per magical hack - so use something like "when you cast a spell with the text "draw a card", do stuff" .)
>>
>>51344349
There isn't a better way, in this case.
Is there any examples I can look at for checking the card's text? Is it enough to say "with the text "x", do stuff", or do I need to say "that contains the text "x", do stuff".
>>
File: Electrified Vault.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Electrified Vault.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
How do you guys feel about Fortifications?
>>
>>51344596
Might as well be Auras, especially if you are going to give them colored mana costs. Lands are a lot harder to kill than creatures, so remaining on the battlefield is not that big a deal. They need a strong incentive to move them among your lands, but that's something that Auras can do just as easily.
>>
File: Gorgon Preserver.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gorgon Preserver.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>51344596
What >>51344742 said. The reason Wizards hasn't done anything with them is that there's just not much you can do with them. It's the same reason they abandoned Skulk.
>>
>>51344443
You can technically do dumb predictive effects, because of Equinox.
>Whenever you cast a spell that would cause you to draw a card...
But I emphasize that this is a terrible route.
Alternatively,
>Whenever a spell you control causes you to draw a card...

Text checking is bad because Magic uses lots of complex phrases that text checks don't catch. It's not regex after all.
>>
File: Sanzus Embrace.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sanzus Embrace.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>51344815
Given Xathrid Gorgon, I'm not sure you should gain control of the creature.

>card
Half lockdown, half degenerate combo piece.
>>
>>51346020
>Xathrid
True. I just liked the idea of the Gorgon keeping the statues.

>card
Eh, ability seems strict, maybe too strict. Also, Sangzu, I think that was in Power Rangers Samurai. It's basically Japanese Styx, I think?
>>
>>51346020
Neat. As a lockdown spell it's not that great, but as a combo piece it's fair compared to similar enchantments.
>>
>>
File: Wrath of the Dragon God.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wrath of the Dragon God.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
>>51346363
>Also, Sangzu, I think that was in Power Rangers Samurai. It's basically Japanese Styx, I think?
Yeah, its the Japanese Styx. Its name means "River of Three Crossings", referring to how the souls of the dead are judged on their way to hell (in one story). The innocent may cross a bridge, the guilty must swim across deep water, and the less guilty may ford a rapid steam. A lot of depictions have the souls ferried across by a Charon-like figure, though.

>>51346739
>Choose target creature. For each of its colors, create a token that's a copy of it.

>card
Spy Kit causes this to deal 8069+1 damage, as of today.
>>
File: Jack Hawksmoor.png (312KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jack Hawksmoor.png
312KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Shiki Eiki Judge of Paradise.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shiki Eiki Judge of Paradise.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>51347950
Legendary Lands Matter and Manlands Matter seems like a bit too close for the design space of one card.

>card
White anti-fun meets black punishments.
>>
>>51347950
Don't really like it, though I think I'll make something that gets pumped by lands. Maybe +1/+1 for basic, +2/+2 nonbasic, +3/+3 legendary?
>>
>>51348050
Pretty cool card. Touhou?
>>
File: Furious Pyrosprite.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Furious Pyrosprite.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>51348299
Yup. The last few have been 2hu.

This one isn't, though. Unsure if the timing check needs to be duplicated, or if its kosher as
>Whenever a player casts a spell or activates an ability that isn’t a mana ability any time he or she couldn’t cast a sorcery, Furious Pyrosprite deals 2 damage to that player.
>>
>>51348386
It changes functionality slightly, but I think it'd be better if it just hit a player if they cast or activate when it's not their turn.
>>
File: Marisa Ordinary Witch.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Marisa Ordinary Witch.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>51348687
Sounds good. Price of Glory provides precedent for that wording.

Semi-bump.
>>
>>51350333
Whoops, this should be Legendary. My bad.
>>
File: badstuffX.jpg (414KB, 1125x1046px) Image search: [Google]
badstuffX.jpg
414KB, 1125x1046px
Made a bad cycle of 2/X artifact creatures that deal with energy in some way.

Probably not balanced, but I'm trying to learn how to common.
>>
File: 8dd.png (806KB, 1300x417px) Image search: [Google]
8dd.png
806KB, 1300x417px
>>51350774
Learn what you can get for one mana at common.
>>
>>51350333
Kinda feel like for that cost, it should just have all spells you cast cost 1 less. But since in the vast majority of cases the second ability will only trigger off I/S spells, you might be better off discounting only those, since then you could justify giving them a bigger discount than 1. Also, speaking of the second ability
>Whenever a spell you control deals noncombat damage
As opposed to all those spells that deal combat damage, right?

>>51350345
But then she wouldn't be ordinary.
>>
File: Grimoire of Voile.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grimoire of Voile.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
>>51351130
She was supposed to be the same trigger condition as >>51336937, so "whenever a spell or permanents you control deals combat damage..." and then I rushed the card to bump off the 9th page and errors galore. Still think a 1 mana discount is underpowered if any noncombat damage can trigger it?

For whatever reason, I've decided that Marisa's theme is "noncombat damage matters." Not sure where I'm going with some of the other big characters, like Reimu or Sakuya. Played with them before but still unsure.

Also, apologies, she's not a Witch, she's a Magician. Still ordinary though. Sometimes extremely ordinary.

>>51350774
>using energy with no way to generate it
You're messing with me here, right?

>card
Darksteel Reactor, now more friendly to Proliferate-spam.
>>
File: Citydude.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Citydude.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
OK, that does it, I fucking hate The Authority. Just from the surface, this seems like one of the worst things I've ever seen in comics. So I'm going to be using some really unflattering names and art for the remaining cards, because I am that petty, especially when some of the worst writing I've ever experienced comes along with some of the worst art I've ever experienced. Seriously, this is the most tryhard shit I've ever seen. I can't believe that people were actually given money to produce this. It's unbelievable.

On a sidenote, I really despise vague powers. This guy's power is "cities".
>>
>>51351503
Uh, you realize only creatures can deal combat damage, right? Creatures on the battlefield, attacking or blocking, might I add.
>>
>>51351634
God damnit, I'm not on the ball today.
>Whenever a spell or permanents you control deals NONcombat damage...
>>
>>51351603
Maybe you should try reading comics, rather than wikipedia pages.
>>
>>51351674
I guess you have a point. Only one way to truly find out how bad this is.
>>
File: Aurai Daughters of Wind.png (293KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Aurai Daughters of Wind.png
293KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Zephyrus the Spring Breeze.png (248KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zephyrus the Spring Breeze.png
248KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Notos the Summer Storm.png (278KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Notos the Summer Storm.png
278KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51351503
>[...] spell counter on it.
Not a fan of naming the counter spell, since the card itself references spells. Why not charge counters? Lore counters?

I think you can streamline the second ability to
>Whenever you cast a spell with converted mana cost equal to the number of spell counters on ~, put a spell counter on ~.
>>
File: Reisen Rabbit of Insanity.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Reisen Rabbit of Insanity.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>51352218
The wording is specifically engineered so that you can't chain low cost instants to cheese counters onto it. Its fine for something less innocuous like Mizzix, but the intervening if clause is needed to prevent that abuse.

Unless "Play spells costing 1-7 without your opponent drawing removal" is too difficult, and then maybe the cheese is okay. Not sure.

Changed to lore counters, though.
>>
File: Suika Free-Spirited Oni.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Suika Free-Spirited Oni.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>51352338
Bleh. "Whenever" and "that player controls".

Had a burst of inspiration for several cards and designing faster than I really should be.
>>
>>51352338
Permanent stealing isn't red, even if you make it random.
>>51352375
bretty good
>>
>>51352338
>counters
OK, fair enough.

>Rabbit Lunarian
I'm not a weeb, so maybe I'm wrong, but isn't this redundant?

For the ability, I think I'd say
>Choose a player at random. That player gains control if it.
Or something. Also, should it have the chance for the opponent to keep control of the creature?

>>51352375
Don't get this one.

>>51352421
>Permanent stealing isn't red, even if you make it random.
Pic related.
>>
File: Bearer.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Bearer.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>51352421
>Scrambleverse
Redistributing all permanents is different from stealing one creature. Might as well give red targeted enchantment destruction, since it is allowed to blow up all permanents.
>>
>>51352470
>Don't get this one.
Suika is Morphling for everyone. But killing things would break pie (and balance), so she can't morph things to 0 power or toughness, hence the weird targeting restriction.

>Rabbit Lunarian
Contrast non-Rabbit Lunarians like Kaguya and Eiren and non-Lunarian Rabbits like Tewi.

Technically Reisen is a Moon Rabbit and not actually a Lunarian, but I'm playing fast and loose with creature types here.

>Chance to keep control of the creature
Otherwise its just Control Magic in non-multiplayer games, so I think so.
>>
>>51352544
>>51352470
>>
>>51352544
Congrats on moving the goalpost from "Permanent stealing isn't Red, even if you make it random." to "Permanent stealing an individual creature isn't Red, even if you make it random."

Anyway, I'm not really against Reisen's ability since it's a one-off legend, but if weeb anon did want to expand it to other cards, I would probably say that that was too much.
>>
>>51352557
But why GU? Abilities are far more UR.
>>
>>51352627
Redistributing all things is different from taking one thing. You can't just take one part of an ability and say it's equivalent to another. Otherwise you give red Divination, because Wild Guess has "Draw two cards."
>>
File: Nitori Engineer Underwater.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nitori Engineer Underwater.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>51352627
>if weeb anon did want to expand it to other cards
The only other plan with that effect was going to be on an Assault Suit style aura that passed the enchanted creature around on each turn. Didn't post it because Assault Suit is a thing.

>>51352638
Red does lots of self-Flowstoning, but I figured granting P/T bonuses to other creatures was far more green than red, and red rarely reverse-Flowstones.

Didn't realize Reisen would invite this much debate. Pretty much already shifted the control-changing aspect of her portfolio to an Aura and gave her Backlash on opponent damage.

>card
Kappas are totally Merfolk, right?
>>
>>51352681
Do you actually have a point to make? If you just think Reisen shouldn't have that ability and be mono-Red, just say so and move on. Because I've made up my mind and I don't think you're going to change it.

>>51352706
>The only other plan with that effect was going to be on an Assault Suit style aura that passed the enchanted creature around on each turn.
Just make it random then. Could be fun in Commander.

>Backlash
Wait, what is Reisen's flavor exactly?

>Kappas
She's supposed to be a kappa? Jesus, the Zen guy or whatever can't draw anything other than small girls, can he? Unfortunately unsure of how to balance Nitori. And you're really making me feel bad for having to keep posting but not putting up cards. Don't really have anything new to share though, and I feel kinda bad for posting "finished" cards.
>>
>>51352706
>Reisen
But anon, neither of those abilities is sex appeal.
>Suika
Honestly, I'm just not picturing her as GU. No matter how 'weird' density control is.
>>
File: Aya Crow of the Tempest.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Aya Crow of the Tempest.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>51352808
>Wait, what is Reisen's flavor exactly?
Most characters have a "Manipulation of X" gimmick, and Reisen's is Manipulation of Insanity, since she's a moon rabbit and they don't call it lunacy for nothing.

In games, this manifests as everything from hypnotic eye waves to illusions to straight up optic blasts. Attempted to capture this with control change, but I guess forcing people to stab their owner works too.

Her bullets are also typically (and unusually) well... bullet shaped.

>kappa
Yeah, her hat is supposed to be the dish thing. And everything being a small girl is half the fun.

>>51352862
Technically, reverse flowstone (giving -1/+1) is on three green cards (Thornling, Alpha Kavu, and Tyrranax) and only one red card (Torchling). Mechanically she could be mono-U, but I wanted her to have Trample and a decent body on her own, so she can flowstone herself for maximum trample.

Also her secret power isn't sex appeal, its suppositories.

>card
Rocket-Powered Turbo Bird. Only half a joke card, I swear.
>>
>>51352920
>Manipulation of Insanity
Shocker ability?
>>
>>51352920
Too cheap for 4/1 flying haste, though nice take on Turbo Slug.
>>
>>51352920
>Suika
No, I mean the card is mechanically cool and all, but she's a booze-obsessed party fiend. That does give me a silly idea, though...

Comestible Potioneer 2UG
Creature- Human Artificer
Trample, Skulk
2G: ~ gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
1U: ~ gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
2/3
>>
File: Flandre the Devils Sister.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Flandre the Devils Sister.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>51352967
Falkenrath Aristocrat is a thing at 2BR, and that has a relevant activated ability to balance the fragile butt, but I'll bump her down to a 3/1.

>>51353079
Ah, I see where you're coming from. If anything she's RG flavorfully, but the whole size-changing thing is way too blue to ignore. The fun of adapting characters, as I'm sure /co/anon can attest. Skulk and Flowstoning is a fun combo, though, I'll admit.

>card
Another boring one. When her powerset is, literally, "Ability to destroy everything," you run into some issues.

Last one for the night.
>>
File: Intangible Tether.png (217KB, 375x523px)
Intangible Tether.png
217KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51353116
>"Ability to destroy everything,"
Then why BR instead of WB? Maybe tie destruction to spell casting? Steel Hellkite?
>>
File: Cloud Walk.png (174KB, 375x523px)
Cloud Walk.png
174KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51353161
She's a berserker, not a spellslinger, so I wanted her to be combat oriented. Flavorwise she's a poor fit for WB, and trading land destruction for enchantment destruction seems meh, when blowing up lands seems more in flavor for her.
>>
>>51353241
Black can blow up lands as easy as red, though I understand to keep her in red.
>>
>>51353241
>land destruction for enchantment destruction seems meh, when blowing up lands seems more in flavor for her.
???
>>
File: Richard Swift the Shade4.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Richard Swift the Shade4.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
The Shade. Indestructible because he's not even flesh and blood anymore, he's made of darkness. Pump for obvious reasons. The idea behind the token is that it's like an animated shadow. Totally understand if it's too much of a break from mono-Black though.
>>
>>51353456
He doesnt need indestructible. Plenty of things that are hard to kill don't have it, and he will be a lot fairer without it.
>>
>>51353537
OK, sounds good.
>>
>>51353292
>>51353241
I think you can squeeze some legendary allowances in there. Just have to get the "Destroys ALL THE THINGS" flavor across well enough for the exception to make sense.

Loombreaker 3BBR
Creature- Demon
Whenever ~ becomes blocked by a creature, put a Fate counter on that creature.
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may put a Fate counter on up to two target permanents that player controls.
At the beginning of each end step, destroy each permanent with a Fate counter on it.
4/5
>>
File: Eye of Balor.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Eye of Balor.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Rishak the Soulcrafter.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rishak the Soulcrafter.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Fitting more than 2 colors onto a commander in an interesting way is hard
>>
>>51354111
Not bad. I can see what each color is doing even though there is overlap.

Download the Beleren font. Converted mana cost N doesn't use the mana symbol. You "put" things onto the battlefield rather than return if it can come from a graveyard you don't town. I would exile it rather than sac so you just can't keep reanimating the same thing over and over.
>>
File: Mokou Hourai Immortal.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mokou Hourai Immortal.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>51354111
Free, repeated graveyard recursion always makes me wary, since there are a shitton of value utility creatures even at low CMCs. I've had one too many games with Meren looping Fleshbag Marauder's for my tastes.
>>
>>51354111
>TinyLeaders.jpg
>>
>>51354177
Oh thanks, I was wondering why my font got all shitty after downloading the M15 frames. Formatting suggestions have been noted.
>>51354177
I liked the idea of being able to reanimate the same creature multiple times, but you have a point. I haven't actually played a whole lot of EDH so I don't have a great grasp on the crazy shenanigans that can happen.
>>
File: Jirri Studious Squire.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jirri Studious Squire.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Not a card made with Commander in mind, but it does interact with legendaries.
Also, is this ability balanced and does it fit in GU? I know that U has mimics and G interacts with legendary creatures, as well as white, but I was unsure.
>>
>>51354191
This gave me a stupid idea.

Clangor Revenant 1RB
Creature- Zombie Warrior
Whenever a creature attacks, if ~ is in a graveyard, return it to the battlefield tapped and attacking under that creature's controller's control.
>The clatter of sword on shield serves as a call to awaken.
3/1

Eternal Defender 1WB
Creature- Skeleton Soldier
Vigilance
Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, if ~ is in your graveyard, you return it to the battlefield.
>"I have lost my skin, my flesh, perhaps my soul, but I will keep my word."
2/2
>>
File: 110[1].jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
110[1].jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>51354775
See Experiment Kraj.

Copying non-activated abilities is slightly haraam, because you end up with weirdness.
>>
>>51354836
That's the card I was looking for to use as a model! I forgot its name and couldn't find it on Gatherer.
>>
>>51354270
Second reply should be to >>51354191
>>
Attempt at a non-combat RW commander

1RW
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
At the beginning of your upkeep, if @ is in the command zone, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may play that card.
When @ enters the battlefield, put all cards exiled by @ into your graveyard. If you do, you may cast an instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost less than the amount of mana spent to cast @ from among them without paying its mana cost.
2/2
>>
File: Dwarven Salvant.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarven Salvant.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51355453
There's nothing White about this.
>>
>>51358226
Should be blue
>>
Forest's Claim G
Sorcery
Return target basic land card from a graveyard to the battlefield.

>>51358418
Anarchist exists.

>>51358370
This, however, is spot on.
>>
>>51358418
I don't get why there are people who insist that I/S recursion is something Red can't do. Shreds of Sanity, Volcanic Vision, Charmbreaker Devils, Surreal Memoir, Anarchist. And those are just the ones that return to hand, if you include ones that allow you to cast straight from the graveyard, you get Goblin Dark-Dwellers, Past in Flames, Chandra Ablaze, and Recoup. Huh, I think I can finally understand why there are people who want Snapcaster in Red.

>>51358662
>Forest's Claim
Considering that Restore is just 1 mana more and more flexible, maybe something like
>Return target land card from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
>>
File: Flashcaster Mage.jpg (40KB, 375x523px)
Flashcaster Mage.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>51359022
Probably been done before.
>>
File: Amphin Prowler.jpg (38KB, 375x523px)
Amphin Prowler.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>51359495
Bump. Decided to do some more colorshifting, mostly for Fear and Intimidate. The idea behind this Blue-Fear is that Blue creatures are clever enough at avoiding being detected by other creatures. But other Blue creatures see through the tricks, and artifact creatures are unthinking and can't be tricked. Also, sorry for the poor flavor text.
>>
Anyone else here?
>>
>>51362292
pretty fitting, actually.
>>
>>51362292
That's just Intimidate. If it were another color as well, it'd be its own ability, but there is indeed a keyword for it as written.
>>
>>51362292
"This creature can't be blocked except by creatures that share a color and/or type with it, and/or artifact creatures."

A bit of a spin on it that allows for its own mechanic/keyword identity if need be. It makes sense that Blue sees through Blue trickery, Wizards/Rogues know the tricks of the trade, and artifact creatures are too grounded in reality/objectively bent to be fooled.
>>
>>51316350
is this a jojo reference
>>
Another Colorshift, this time Intimidate. Spectral Rider is probably one of my absolute favorite Vorthos cards, so I was dying to make another mono-White card with Intimidate. This is the first thing that came to mind. Unfortunately it's not very good because the card it's based on, Demon Hunter, isn't very good either. I'll probably try to colorshift another Intimidate card later.

>>51365969
Two things. First, this isn't the same as Intimidate, because imagine if, for some reason, Amphin Prowler became Red. As it's written now, Red creatures still wouldn't be able to block it, but with Intimidate, they could. Second, it's a colorshift of Dross Prowler, and as a colorshift, I want it to be as close to the original design of the card it's shifted from as possible. And Wizards did the same thing Skirk Shaman, which is based on Severed Legion, another Black creature with Fear.

>>51366026
Uh... you realize you just wrote out Intimidate, right?
>>
File: Demon Hunter.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Demon Hunter.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>51366613
Whoops, wrong mana cost.
>>
>>51366613
>intimidate
>caring about creature types
Caught me.
>>
>>51366963
Huh, didn't notice that. Not a fan of it though. I feel like it would be even worse than Intimidate was.
>>
>>51367086
It'd be less swingy, since it allows for more interaction, which is what WotC wants nowadays. I wouldn't use it myself, it was just a suggestion. I don't care for tribally-focused things.
>>
>>51366026
Technically and pedantically, a creatures share a type with all other creatures. Because 'creature' is a type. Modern wording specifies "creature type".

>card
Not quite Zur's Weirding.
>>
File: Koishi the Closed Eye.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Koishi the Closed Eye.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>51367193
Whoops, this can force people to stay hellbent forever. Should probably revise this.

Have this other broken card instead.
>>
File: Petra Angel.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Petra Angel.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Original is Petra Sphinx, a White card, so this is Petra Angel. I couldn't believe an effect this Blue was on a White card.

>>51367203
Seems cool and all, but it absolutely fucks you if you need a land.
>>
File: Satori the Third Eye.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Satori the Third Eye.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51367398
>I couldn't believe an effect this Blue was on a White card.
Well, it was from Legends, which had a black fog, red Regeneration, blue pinging, fucking Shelkin Brownie, and my favorite card, Barktooth Warbeard. The pie was sort of not a thing yet.

>Koishi
Changed it so the cards go to your hand instead of your graveyard. Makes your draw spells not total shit.

>Satori
Round two, now with 100% more Lantern Control.
>>
>>51367486
>Changed it so the cards go to your hand instead of your graveyard. Makes your draw spells not total shit.
Might as well just keep the second ability and alter it to cast from your hand then.
>>
>>51367585
The original idea was more Omen Machine-lite rather than Omniscience-lite. Forcing you to draw the cards that you cast for free leads to fewer abuse cases than being allowed to cast a card from hand for free.

The change was mostly due to, say, hitting Divination off the top of your library as your "free" spell. Either you cast it and effectively mill two because you burned your spell for the turn and you can only cast instants on other turns, or don't cast it and waste that draw. Plus the land issue. This way you're rewarded for card drawing spells and not just card drawing permanents.

The casting ability doesn't let you circumvent timing restrictions, which lets you rattlesnake free counterspells and instant removal, and forcing it to come from the deck means you can't tutor up an Emrakul and slam it for free. Not that that stops Aetherworks Marvel, I guess.

>>51367486
Fixed ability
>Look at the top card of target player’s library. You may put that card into his or her graveyard.
Repeatable semi-fateseal too nasty?
Or even more mind games
>Look at the top card of target player’s library. You may put that card into his or her graveyard. If you don't, that player may put that card into his or her graveyard.
>>
File: Yuyuko Netherworld Princess.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Yuyuko Netherworld Princess.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Guess I'll just keep posting 2hus.
>>
File: Caitlin Snow Killer Frost2.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Caitlin Snow Killer Frost2.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>51368991
I think the second ability should be exchanged for something more... elegant.

>2hu
Is that how it's pronounced?
>>
>>51369318
>Is that how it's pronounced?
Its technically Tōhō, with the vowel being a mid back rounded vowel, the kind of long oh sound you (probably) make in "coat". Depending on your accent, of course.

Then apply a decade of memetic mutation and butchery, in the same vein as animu and mango.

>Killer Frost
I like it. It freezes and shatters.
>>
File: Codex Astartes.jpg (48KB, 375x523px)
Codex Astartes.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
I'm trying to come up with a good effect for pic related. The card itself is fine as it is, but I feel like it needs a little more "unf", if you know what I mean.
>>
>>51369822
>Codex Astartes
>5
>Rare
>Legendary Artifact
>Whenever you cast a Marine spell, put a charge counter on ~.
>Marines you control get +1/+1 for each charge counter on ~.
>Marine spells you cast cost 1 less to cast for each charge counter on ~.
A few things. One is the creature type. "Space Marine" doesn't work as a creature type, because each creature type is only one word, so as it's written on your card, would need a creature that is both "Space" and "Marine". Note the Assembly-Worker type uses a dash.

Next, why Equipment? Doesn't make much sense to me. And even then, making it an Equipment that doesn't work unless it's attached to a Space Marine. You realize there's wording to restrict what Equipments can be attached to, right? There's no card that specifies type, as far as I know, but let's try
>~ can be attached only to a Marine.

Also, glad to see you're still here.
>>
File: Coveter Demon.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Coveter Demon.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
I feel like -1/-1 counters have a lot of design space that hasn't been used
>>
File: Captain Tycho.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Tycho.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51370103
I like that a lot, but I feel the "Marine Spells you cast cost 1 less to cast" bit might be a bit too strong. I'll leave it on for now though.
>>
>>51370636
>~ gets +2/+2 if your opponent controls an Ork
Should be
>if an opponent controls an Ork

It's also quite weak, and pretty simple for a legendary. I don't know if you just have a ton of legendaries in your set though.
>>
>>51368991
Sounds like a plan.

Suwako of Moriya Shrine 3GG
Legendary Creature- Frog God
Hexproof, Vigilance
Whenever ~ attacks, create a 1/1 green Snake token with Deathtouch tapped and attacking.
Whenever ~ blocks, you may play an extra land this turn.
5/6

Kanako of Moriya Shrine 5UU
Legendary Creature- God
Flying
Creatures opponents control can't have permanents attached to them.
Creatures opponents control can't be the target of spells or abilities their controllers control.
6/7

Nineball UR
Legendary Creature- Fairy
Flying
Whenever ~ becomes blocked, tap target creature blocking it. That creature doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap step.
~ can't be blocked by tapped creatures.
1/2

Icicle Fall 2R
Sorcery
~ deals 2 damage to each creature except target creature an opponent controls.

Medicine Melancholy 2BB
Legendary Artifact Creature- Doll
Indestructible, Poisonous 1
Whenever a creature deals combat damage to ~, put that many -1/-1 counters on that creature.
Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, the spell or ability's controller gets a poison counter.
1/1
>>
File: Dark Eldar Incubus.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar Incubus.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Don't mean to impose, but I always liked the Incubi. Double strike is pretty obvious, Vigilance because the Archons like employing them as bodyguards.

>>51370636
True. But just so you know, I made it that way because that card is incredibly narrow, and has absolutely no use outside of a Space Marine deck. Actually, I just want to point out now that you're probably going to have quite a bit of tribal stuff going on, and that's fine, but you should try to make cards so that the tribal stuff isn't just a complete dead drop outside of a dedicated deck. Especially if you plan to do limited playtesting, which you should.

>Captain Tycho
I still don't get why you make the Marines so small. And yeah, I think this is exactly what I was talking about. I get the story behind him, but unless you're playing against Orks, I just don't see anyone using it. Pro Red is kinda nice, but still. Hmm, not sure if I'm getting my point across entirely. Well, it's just a small character, maybe I'm overreacting.
>>
File: Wild Nights.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wild Nights.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>51370636
>>51370780
>~ gets +2/+2 as long as an opponent controls an Ork.

>card
The loot isn't optional for opponents is the subtle effect. They can't hold their liquor, I guess.
>>
>>51370822
>They can't hold their liquor, I guess.
If that's the flavor, I think I would've made opponents impulse, and you just straight draw. But that's just me.

And thanks for the earlier feedback on Killer Frost.
>>
File: Captain Tycho.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Tycho.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51370780
>>51370820
He's mostly supposed to be a fluffy Legendary than a strong legendary. This might be a bit better, but a bit too strong depending on how token-heavy Orks get.
>>
File: Krak Grenade.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Krak Grenade.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Also it kinda sucks that this was the best image I could find for Krak Grenades (I don't really want to use straight armory images)
>>
File: Detective Chimp.png (336KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Detective Chimp.png
336KB, 375x523px
>>
File: 2hu cards with pictures.jpg (2MB, 2250x2092px) Image search: [Google]
2hu cards with pictures.jpg
2MB, 2250x2092px
Since people are posting 2hus I guess I'll post my own.
>Reimu 1
A beatdown friendly version because that's what she does. She's part of the reason the spellcard rules exist in the games so she discourages "unfair" (i.e. noncreature) ways of dealing with her.
>Reimu 2
Might be super OP.
>Mokou
Her ability is her blowing herself up and then reviving.
>Supernova
This is indirectly inspired by touhou so it counts.

>>51370805
>Suwako
You can't play lands on your opponents turn. Should be on your next turn.
>Kanako
"Creatures your opponents control can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control"
Slightly different from your effect in multiplayer, but it sounds nicer. I think it would be more appropriate to have her blow up an equip/aura whenever she attacks.
>Cirno
Trinket text seems unnecessary. Next one does the "Cirno is an idiot"-thing way better.
>Icicle Fall
I laughed. Pyroclasm is a thing, so 1R or possibly even R might be fine.
>Medi
Not sure about indestructible powerwise, but flavour is 10/10.

>>51371876
Is this from a comic? In any case, sweet card. Very nice idea for a pseudo-Grandeur.

>>51370822
I tried to make some cards based on alcohol a while back and failed horribly. This one is pretty good. Although, is the nights are wild, I wouldn't mind making the draw unconditional (for both parties) to enable some card advantage.
>>
File: Exterminatus.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Exterminatus.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
Page 10 bump
>>
>>51372743
>Suwako
Bah, I'll just change it to dropping it on the board. I was hoping it would allow you to play a land at all, and it seemed better to do that on the defensive than the attack.
>Kanako
Really wanted to work in some land searching to mirror the abilities, but the colors are off. Might splice in white for the blanket be a bitch bans.
>Icicle Fall
Good to know I got one right.
>Medicine Melancholy
I was aiming for poisonous stuffy doll.
>>
>>51371828
Seriously, why are your marines 2/2?
>>
File: Space Marine Veteran.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine Veteran.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>51376887
Mostly due to 1) using Knight Tribal as a basis, so 2/2 is the base line for the tokens. That doesn't mean that all Marines are 2/2 however. 2) Most of the bulk in their set was gonna come from vehicles like Land Raiders and Dreadnoughts. 3)The set has quite a few ways to pump Marines up, so having them start out as 3/3 and build up from there might be a bit too strong.
>>
File: Standard Bearer.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Standard Bearer.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51377081
Meant to post this one, but I guess that works too.
>>
>>51371852
I think I'd rather see Krak Grenade as a one-use artifact. I also don't know why it can destroy enchantments as well, or why you made a damage clause for this.

>>51371876
I would've gone for something less combat-focused, but that's just me.

>>51372743
Well, it's not so much "people" as it is just Weeb anon.

>cards
Oh fuck, there's so much wrong with these things.

>Shrine Maiden
Should say something like
>If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend.

>Witch of Boundaries
Super weird. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you only get negative life from the first hit that drops you to 0 or less life, so, for example, if you're at 1 life, you'd have to get hit for 5 or more damage to have -4 or less life.

>Kaguya
That first ability is called Shroud.

>Rising World
Why is White causing people to draw cards?

>Mokou
Meh.

>Aya
Why exile? Might as well just be an ETB effect, just make her rare.

>Parsee
Infect doesn't make sense because it doesn't affect life totals. I feel like it should have a pump, like a +2/+0 buff or something.

>Yoshika Miyako, Tongling Yoshika, Yoshika
Huh?

>Envy
Should say activated abilities.

>>51375923
I think a WB spell that just exiles everything would be better. Or some sort of Cataclysm effect.

>>51377081
Well, it's up to you in the end.

>Space Marine Veteran
Should be
>At the beginning of combat on your turn, other Space-Marines you gain gain your choice of first strike or vigilance until end of turn.
I think I would've made it an attack trigger. Also, you need to remember that you decided to use a dash in Space-Marine now. Frankly, I think "Human Marine" would made a better type on Space Marine creatures, but that's just me. And you don't capitalize keywords. I do in 4chan posts, but not in cards.

>>51377099
Just so you know, when P/T buffs apply, you should always specify creatures. Like for this,
>Other Space-Marine creatures you control get +1/+1.
>>
File: Ciaphas Cain.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ciaphas Cain.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
Meant to post this in the last post, but the word limit got me. Anyway, I think this one got away from me a bit. Idea was to use exile for cowardice, like Norin the Wary, but still pumps creatures when he shows up. No idea how good/bad this is.
>>
File: Techmarine.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Techmarine.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>51377819
>rankly, I think "Human Marine" would made a better type on Space Marine creatures, but that's just me.

Yeah, that might be a bit better since that way I can differentiate between regular Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines. by just doing "Chaos Marine"

As for the Krak Grenade having that damage clause, I was thinking of it being kinda like collateral damage? Take out a Killa Kan and have the shrapnel hit a Ork Boy. The enchantment bit can be removed though, that was just a suggestion from a friend.
>>
File: Ferik Jurgen.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ferik Jurgen.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
This is working under the assumption that you're using Vehicles. Didn't mean to make the cost so close to Ciaphas, but I liked the idea of being able to use Vehicle immediately, so I added Haste to his piloting skills.

>>51378147
Well, actually, in that case, doing it as you are now I think would be better. Loyal marines would be Space-Marine and chaos marines would be, well, Chaos-Marine. What I meant was that space marines would have the types Human and Marine, but obviously Marine would be their exclusive type. Yeah, there are so many different factions I think getting the types right will be important. Like Eldar vs. Dark Eldar.

That said, I was thinking about showing how things like Blanks would work. Like, obviously you could just say something like this, Pro Demons and Psykers. But I was thinking about an I/S subtype to designate specifically Chaos-related things. Or maybe tribal, so you could use Chaos for anything, including creature types. I'm probably overthinking this, but I just want to throw that out there.

>Krak Grenade
Ah, I see. I think in that case use something like Smash to Smithereens. But with a destruction check. Like
>Destroy target artifact. If that artifact is put into a graveyard this way, ~ deals N damage to its controller.
I wrote N so you can just choose any number you want. "You" as in the designer of the cards, not the player.

>Techmarine
This should probably be White.
>>
File: 0807 Mokou Fujiwara.jpg (90KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
0807 Mokou Fujiwara.jpg
90KB, 752x523px
Here's a maybe more interesting take on Mokou.

>>51377819
>Shrine Maiden
Multiple instances of suspend only matter when the cards they're on have more than 1 time counter. It doesn't matter in this case.
>Witch
I checked th comprehensive rules and they don't say anything about not keeping track of negative life totals. Plus MODO keeps track so it should work.
>Shroud
I'm aware. I made this at a point where there was a discussion about how although wizards will probably never print a card with shroud again, they might do it by writing the ability out, so I did that too. It also undermines the Beautiful part.
>Rising World
It's draw for everyone, which I thought would be alright in white even with no precedent, but apparently this is solidly mono blue. I guess it should be 1GWU or GWU then.
>Aya
I was trying to come up with a SSG-ish card for other colours. This was the result.
>Parsee
Infect is kind of a way of doubling her power without going +X/+0, which is not green.
>Yoshika
She's a stage 3 boss and the stage 4 boss uses her as a wall and repeatedly revives her. No, I can't come up with better names.
>Envy
But then you can't give your creature flying and stuff. It is weird but only copying activated abilities is a convention, not a rule. Could be OP but if the wording does what I want it to then the effect stops when the other creature dies.
>>
>>51379021
>Shrine Maiden
You can use cards to put multiple time counters on the Suspended cards.

>Witch
Yeah, wasn't sure.

>Shroud
Well, considering that they will retcon Oracle text to use newer keywords and mechanics if they work the same, why would they do the opposite?

>SSG
???

>Parsee
Green is perfectly fine with raising just power. And if you want to do something that isn't Green, don't make it Green.

>Envy
To be fair, I'm not exactly sure why that is, but it's something Wizards has consistently always done.
>>
File: Drazhar Master of Blades.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Drazhar Master of Blades.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Why is there so little art for this guy? And why are the models all the older ones? Did GW forget about this guy? Anyway, flavor is that of the best killers in the galaxy, he's better than any of them. So he likes combat and doesn't like people screwing around with it.
>>
Alright, I'm thinking about making an Australia-based set where Jace walks in, does mind shit because lolJace, and suddenly the Dreamworld is experiencing the apocalypse because there's a telepath fucking with the heads of the beings creating it. As part of that set, I'm creating a type of creature called a "durebur" - green creatures, all ridiculously broken bar a crippling weakness that makes them nearly useless. Basically, Johnnybait. How's this look:

Nesting Durebur / 1G
Creature - Durebur
Defender
Creatures blocked by Nesting Durebur have first strike.
4G: Nesting Durebur loses Defender until end of turn.
8/1
>>
File: Land Raider.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Land Raider.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>51378340
>This is working under the assumption that you're using Vehicles.

I was just going for Artifact Creatures for them just to keep things simple. Part of the design process I'm thinking of this set was designing it kinda like a Core set, so I'm trying to keep things evergreen.

Also for the various SM vehicles, I currently have them as "Astartes Tank", "Astartes Transport" etc. Do you think I should change it to "Imperium Tank" or something like that?
>>
File: Frag Grenade.jpg (33KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Frag Grenade.jpg
33KB, 375x523px
This is how I was imagining doing the grenades.

>>51379727
Eh, I feel like Vehicles would really work, but it's up to you.

As for the cards, why not just use the actual names of these things? Don't they all have different names in the lore?

>Land Raider
You should specify EITHER power or toughness, not both. Partly because it's kinda confusing what you mean. Anyway, should be
>~ can't be blocked by creatures with power 3 or less.
Or replace power with toughness, though Wizards likes to look at power for this.

I don't really get the last ability.
>>
>>51379268
>Maiden
That's super niche. Including the extra text makes it clip into the P/T box, so I don't think it's worth it.
>Shroud
They recently printed a card with affinity for artifacts without actually writing "affinity for artifacts". Serpent something.
>SSG
Simian Spirit Guide.
>Green is perfectly fine with raising just power.
I always thought this was mostly a red thing. My mistake. +2/+0 it is.
>Envy
Maybe to avoid the possible drawbacks of stuff like echo/defender/cumulative upkeep and such.
>>
File: Stikkbomb.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stikkbomb.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
Equipment because apparently Orks like to hit people with the grenades before throwing them.

>>51381021
>Green
Well, power pumping is mostly Red, but it's available to every color. It's just one of those things that's so fundamental to the game there's no good reason to completely exclude it from any color.
>>
>Pointed Shield
Artifact - Equipment
Equip cost: Tap target creature you control.

Equipped creature gets +0/+2.

Whenever equipped creature attacks, you may set its power equal to its toughness until end of turn.
>>
File: Imperial Guard Commissar.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Guard Commissar.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
OK, off to work. Please keep an eye on the bump limit. Flavor behind this card should be pretty obvious. He kills a creature to "inspire" troops, but if he goes crazy with it, they kill him.

>>51381892
Meh, I'd just make it
>Equipped creature assigns combat damage equal to its toughness rather than its power.
>>
File: 157353.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
157353.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Posting old red pacifism, because Suika.

>all of Suika's drunkenness cards are red and yet mechanically I made her UG
Argh.
>>
Trazyn the Infinite
3UB
Legendary Artfact Creature - Necron
Deathtouch
Whenever ~ attacks, you may pay X. If you do, put target artifact card with converted mana cost X from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
3UB, Sacrifice an artifact creature: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield.
>>
File: karro.jpg (561KB, 776x1083px) Image search: [Google]
karro.jpg
561KB, 776x1083px
is there anywhere online to make good planeswalkers? making this was a pain.
>>
>>51386199
>is there anywhere online to make good planeswalkers?
Oh man, I have no idea. Damn, you think a thread devoted to making custom cards would have some sort of method for making said custom cards. And if we did, we'd probably make sure it was in the OP of every single thread so people could easily find it. Shit, if only.

>making this was a pain.
Was it as painful to make as it is to read? Seriously, when's the last time you actually looked at a Magic card, Alliances? Oh wait, that would actually make sense.
>>
>>51386199
Literally the only in color ability on this card is its ult and that sucks ass. The second one might be white, but it's probably BW, as white usually recurs things other than creatures. The third one is just red or green. Full stop
>>
File: Psyk-Out Grenade.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Psyk-Out Grenade.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>51385622
Damn, forgot P/T. Oh well, wasn't really feeling it anyway. Really just felt like a worse Geth.
>>
>>51387308
i feel blue has a lot of defenders

i was originally planning on making it tap things but. maybe the first ability can tap opponents permanents instead of adding mana.

i really just wanted to make a snow planeswalker.
>>
>>51379021
>>51379268
>>51381021
>Envy
It's activated and not static abilities to prevent stuff like "~'s power and toughness are equal to the number of lands you control" and "~'s power and toughness are equal to the number of tapped creatures on the battlefield" or the like from intersecting.

Which makes me think of silly shit.

Walking Nightmare 2BB
Creature- Nightmare
~'s power and toughness are equal to the number of tapped creatures on the battlefield plus one.
*+1/*+1

Fanfrill Emperor 3GG
Creature- Lizard Beast
At the beginning of your upkeep, ~'s power and toughness become equal to the highest power among creatures you control plus one.
3/3
>>
Had an idea for a Clone that makes other Clones. But just doing it this way makes the wording a lot easier. Otherwise I'd have to say something like
>You may have ~ enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield except it gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, create a token that's a copy of any creatures on the battlefield except it gains this ability."
>>
File: Peripheral Image.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Peripheral Image.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>51388308
So a hyper-efficient Progenitor Mimic.
>>
File: Callidus Assassin.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Callidus Assassin.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>51388762
Hmm, I guess you're right. Wait, why did I make this UR? Oh right, because the original design made a copy on attack. Going to make it GU then.

>Peripheral Image
Maybe reduce to 1UR? Hard to tell if casting multiple times is actually a downside or not.
>>
>>51389069
Just feels like a more pushed dimir doppelganger
>>
File: Penitent Sister.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Penitent Sister.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51389234
Is that necessarily a bad thing? Yes, yes it is. I'll draw up a different design later.
>>
File: Lelith Hesperax.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lelith Hesperax.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Bleh, not entirely sure what I was doing with this. Last one for tonight.
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 141

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.