[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this fair?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Speedy NPC.gif (2MB, 452x262px) Image search: [Google]
Speedy NPC.gif
2MB, 452x262px
Alright, /tg/. I'm making an enemy for Numenera based on a short description one of my players gave me and I want to know if this sounds balanced:

Instead of having one initiative roll, she has two; she can act twice per round instead of once.

Her melee weapon is electrified, dealing 2 points of armor ignoring damage (characters have to roll to resist it)

If they fail to resist it, they are stunned and lose a turn, if they succeed, they get negative 3 to all rolls for that round.

She's also fast, hitting her requires a roll of 12 at least (keep in mind you don't add numbers to your rolls in Numenera)

Every 2 turns, she can teleport in a flash of lightening, dazing everyone within 100f due to the flash and bang. On top of this, teleportation doesn't cost an action, so she can teleport behind you and supprise attack you (+3 to the difficulty to defend and another +3 because your dazed)

Alternatively, she can fire lightening that chains to everyone within 10f from the previous target, and dealing damage that needs to be resisted or you're going to be stunned (Similar to the melee attack). This uses up the same charge as the teleportation.

Health is 9 and armor blocks 2 points of damage.

Keep in mind that my party is 4 members strong at tier one.
>>
Level? Seems 4 for the description. Depending on party is fine or they are gonna be wiped. Make teleport cost an action if there are less than two glaives.
>>
>>51307110
>Level? Seems 4 for the description.
I actually made an error, the NPC is level 3 for most things, but level 4 for attack, and level 5 for defence.
>Depending on party is fine or they are gonna be wiped.
Running is always an option in Numenera, they'll also have at least 8 ciphers in total.
>Make teleport cost an action if there are less than two glaives.
I was considering that, but that would mean that teleportation is only really effective if all the PCs roll badly on both initiatives. Maybe I'll keep it to to actions per turn.
>>
>>51307208
If the NPC can teleport running is less if an option. If they have useful ciphers the will survive though
>>
>>51307241
Keep in mind that teleportation can only be done once every 2 rounds, and that's if she doesn't shoot out lightning.
>>
>>51307320
But the pcs don't know that. They will feel like they can't run from her. But if the teleport and lightning are exclusive then it's not that bad
>>
>>51307439
>But the pcs don't know that.
But that's what makes it fun. I suppose 3 rounds is more appropriate though, PCs would only need to make 2 saves at level 3. And even then, this is going to be on the city of bridges, so if they're really desperate, they can just jump.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.