[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 34

File: telvannidustadept.jpg (2MB, 1945x2985px) Image search: [Google]
telvannidustadept.jpg
2MB, 1945x2985px
Dust Adept Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Master Neloth of Great House Telvanni

Previous kalpa: >>51212652
>>
What are some good lore mods for skyrim?

>inb4 back to /tesg/
>>
File: tesg.jpg (71KB, 538x307px) Image search: [Google]
tesg.jpg
71KB, 538x307px
>>51306511
http://skyrimgems.com/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21265/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66665/?
>>
>>51306709
>http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66665/?
Is this real lore?
>>
File: VivecBTFO.png (60KB, 902x538px) Image search: [Google]
VivecBTFO.png
60KB, 902x538px
>>51306778
yeah
>>
>>51306778
It's a joke.
>>
File: ascadianisles.jpg (221KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
ascadianisles.jpg
221KB, 800x602px
sure is quiet in here
>>
File: Telvanni dust adepts.jpg (275KB, 1280x982px) Image search: [Google]
Telvanni dust adepts.jpg
275KB, 1280x982px
>>51306228
>Dust Adept Edition
YES
>>
Do we know what the relationship between falmer and dragons was?
>>
>>51308133
Only that they worshipped Auri-El.
>>
>>51308133
Dragons came together with the Nedes from Atmora.
>>
File: Chars_HasphatAntabolis.jpg (47KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Chars_HasphatAntabolis.jpg
47KB, 200x200px
>>51308295
Nedes didn't come from Atmora.
>>
>>51306228
Can we speculate how the Altmer occupation of Valenwood will change the Bosmer?

Basically

>Bosmer are cut off from trade they need for wood and metal products
>Mages are either indoctrinated by Thalmor or persecuted
>The only way for the Bosmer to make anything usable for combat now is using animal bones and they can't even Smith them into bonemeal or chitin armour
>The only option left for combat is unarmed combat
>The Thalmor unwittingly transform a race of stealth archers into a race of martial artists
>>
File: BBOW1.jpg (30KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
BBOW1.jpg
30KB, 800x800px
>>51308357
>tie tusks together with sinew to make a bow
>sharpen bone to make an arrow
Difficult
>>
>>51308357
Wait, the Dominion went in that hard against the Bosmer? I thought they were still at least trying to cultivate the illusion of a partnership.
>>
>>51308357
>>Bosmer are cut off from trade they need for wood and metal products
Well, overland trade. Cyrodiil was previously their biggest supplier of lumber, so I guess whatever is imported now will have to be shipped via sea from the Dominion. They probably have some crazy notions about having an specific number of growth rings for purity and bonsai shit, so it's probably pretty limited at that.

On the other hand, all Dominion employed personnel would probably get Dominion weapons and materials.
>>
>>51308311
Why is Hasphat Antabolis so cool? Why is such an educated guy hanging out sparring in the Fighter's Guild all day?
>>
File: Boxing-Tradition-Rules-01.jpg (31KB, 300x402px) Image search: [Google]
Boxing-Tradition-Rules-01.jpg
31KB, 300x402px
>>51308513
He's being an educated gentleman and teaching people how to punch shit.
>>
Anyone know of a morrowind toggle-crouch mod that doesn't require Tribunal? Or is there a way to get rid of the damned assassins?
>>
>>51308584
>morrowind toggle-crouch mod that doesn't require Tribunal
You need MCP.
>Or is there a way to get rid of the damned assassins?
There are a number of mods for this.

Go ask in /tesg/.
>>
>>51308429
>>51308416
>>51308392
You don't notice how the Thalmor purged their own society of anyone who doesn't agree with them?

They persecute anyone capable of posing a threat.

And also they hate Bosmer just as well considering the fact that Bosmer are interbred with humans.
They probably use them as a slave race of mud farmers.

In their coups they specifically targeted the houses capable of calling on the wild hunt.

Free mages are a thing of the past in the dominion and they don't allow anyone who's in dissagreement with them to even begin to study magic.

They block any trade that might give the Bosmer a chance to arm them selves (so no wood or metal).

And working bone into usable tools and weapons is pretty damn hard.

Thus the only options left for the wood elves are:

1. Break the green pact turning everyone into eldritch horrors PERMANENTLY!

2. Becomme master bone craftsmen when they have to ritually consume everything thus again breaking the pact.

3. Get outside help which they'll hardly be able or willing to get.

4. Jack up on their high-protein diet and learn to punch hard enough to crack Altmer skulls for some brains-ragout.

It kinda ends up like the Japanese occupation of China.
>>
>>51308513
>Why is such an educated guy hanging out sparring in the Fighter's Guild all day?
That's a better question than you might realize.

Think about it. Why is he?
>>
>>51308705
>2. Becomme master bone craftsmen when they have to ritually consume everything thus again breaking the pact.
Does using the bones in craft not count as consuming them?

I know little about Bosmer anything.
>>
>>51308791
Well the largest scholastic traditions at the time of Morrowind seem to be the Mage's Guild and the Moth Priest Cult. Without any magical aptitude (or a desire to go blind from the secrets of creation) I suppose sharing his combat skills is the best way for him to make money to fund his research. Probably a decent way to find contacts as well.
>>
>>51308848
That anon just wants buff punch bosmer for some reason. The green pact says you must not harm the native vegetation and eat only meat, it doesn't say you have to eat the bones and tendons of everything.
>>
>>51308884
You've mentioned something important. What is his research? How does the player interact with him in this capacity?

What is the significance of his connections to a certain other Imperial organization operating heavily in Morrowind in the year 3E 427, and what does all these questions have to do with each other?
>>
>>51308926
That's really weird, because generally they'd need so many animals that the animals would eat more plants than the bosmer would directly.

Clearly the tree spirits were not very smart.
>>
>>51308963
Well, they also eat insects and each other.
>>
>Hasphat Antabolis
He's Drillmaster of the Balmora Fighters Guild. He's lived in Morrowind all his life, knows the natives, and talks a lot with backcountry mercenaries. He thinks of himself as a scholar, and he's particularly interested in Dwemer ruins and artifacts.

>Chair of Dwemer Studies
>Currently, the Chair is empty and the Great Houses can't agree on a replacement. I believe Hasphat Antabolis was nominated... I'd try to get the position myself, but I fear all the meetings and bookkeeping would take time away from my research.
>>
>>51308935
His research is into Dwemer culture. He is disillusioned with the positive perception of them, given his closing statements in Dwemer History and Culture, but he is fascinated with their disappearance. He does interact with the Nerevarine at the behest of the Blades, but that's trading Sixth House knowledge for Dwemer artifacts. He is a Blades informant but that seems to be second to his interest in the Dwemer.
>>
>>51309013
>>51309073
>>51309013
So he's an Imperial, in an Imperial guild, with connections to an Imperial spy network, working as an informant to a former Imperial prisoner who would go on to become the Nerevarine and destabilize the political and religious structure of one of the most unruly Imperial provinces. He's a published author and Dwemer expert (remember, as he mentions, that all Dwemer artifacts are the personal property of the Emperor) despite his middling rank in said guild.

He's Elder Council.
>>
>>51308963
Everything in Valenwood eats people. Even some of the trees.
>>
>>51309108
Elder Council, really? I could see him being on the direct payroll of one of the councillors, but actually on it? Seems a bit beneath their station - they wouldn't commit to subterfuge that hard themselves as I understand them.
>>
>>51309147
One of the threads running under the plot of Morrowind is the involvement of the Imperial crown and (both?) Elder Councils in the events of the realization of the prophecy of the Nerevarine. As in, why did the Emperor pardon a random prisoner and send him halfway across the continent to a backwater province? Why are the Blades helping you? What does the Nerevarine accomplish, and who does this benefit in Morrowind and abroad? How does the plot of Morrowind tie into the overarching meta-plot of the games? That of Oblivion? The Trial of Vivec? The Ra'athim?

>High Chancellor Arboretumest-Best Ud-Maniphas Segu: "Thank you in the utmost of that ideal, Ghost Choir. No doubt, we are all in a moment of woe. Let me mourn for-- all right, I'm done. I shall now invoke the name of the Hasphat and most likely we will get sidetracked by talk of the Rim."
>>
>>51309147
But you are right, it's more likely that he is employed by them rather than a a seated member.
>>
>>51309206
It's kinda fascinating that every game took place during the reign of Uriel VII till he died in Oblivion.

I'm a shitter so Oblivion was my first game and it didn't really have the impact on me it should have just though "Oh, the Emperor is dead" rather than "Oh shit, THE Emperor is dead."
>>
>>51309262
I went Skyrim --> Morrowind --> Oblivion so that was a weird direction. Didn't have quite the same impact, since I knew the death of Uriel and Martin was inevitable, but at the same time, I was able to be disappointed by Oblivion technologically and lore-wise.
>>
>>51309262
Oblivion was the first game in the series I played too. Mankar (and the implications of Mankar) is great, almost as good as Ur.

Even the events of Skyrim are set into motion by that of Oblivion (particularly regarding the Septims giving way to the Medes (and how the Elder Council was involved in that)). And those by Morrowind, Daggerfall, Redguard, Battlespire, Arena, and so forth. Arena to Oblivion (including spinoffs) is basically just one big plot, with Skyrim starting the second chapter.
>>
File: 3.jpg (241KB, 653x1022px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
241KB, 653x1022px
Oh, and Mehrunes Dagon is totally a tragic, sympathetic villain.
>>
>>51309293
>>51309327
I don't think I ever got far into the main quest of Oblivion, bounced around and did sidequests, expansions etc. (Never even got to the siege of Bruma in the main quest or past that dungeon on the coast in Knight of the Nine. Beat the Shivering Isles though. ) SO i'm not sure I got much interaction with Mankar.

I did however manage to turn all the races bright teal on 360 by making a teal and white Argonian.

>>51309376
Why is he stealing trees from... Akatosh?
>>
>>51309387
I have well over 200 hours in Skyrim and I've barely touched the main quest.
>>
>>51309387
I never beat Oblivion either, though I got all the way to the final attack on the Imperial City where Dagon manifests. I don't remember if I ever beat KotN, but I think I might have. Definitely beat SI too.

Read his Commentaries if you haven't. It's the saving grace of Oblivion.

>Why is he stealing trees from... Akatosh?
Close. He's stealing the kalpa from Alduin.
>>
The Illiac Bay looks beautiful this time of year from Daggerfall, beautiful BRETON waters. Truly Kynareth has blessed this bay.
>>
>>51308705
>Break the green pact turning everyone into eldritch horrors PERMANENTLY!
That's not what the Green Pact is for
>>
>>51309293
I went Skyrim -> Daggerfall -> Arena -> Morrowind -> Oblivion.
>>
The UESP wiki says to kill imps as quickly as possible in daggerfall, and they even had a skill entirely devoted to making them non-hostile.

Were they extremely powerful in DF?

And how exactly DO they fit into the lore? They're not Daedra, they have their own language and they use magic and that's all I seem to find about them.
>>
>>51310753
AFAIK Impish (?) is one of the many languages you can learn in Daggerfall, all of them having the effect of potentially making enemies nonhostile.

I think they might tend to be wizards familiars? Unlike Minotaurs, there's really no lore behind them.
>>
>>51310753
>Were they extremely powerful in DF?
They were annoying for the first few levels. Basic iron can't hurt them, and they're pretty strong magic users.
>>
>>51309108
So you jump from being a Imperial Informant and scholar to Elder Council member?
>>
File: imp.gif (2KB, 172x129px) Image search: [Google]
imp.gif
2KB, 172x129px
>>51310753
Maybe they are one type of the feyp races, or something like hagravens (people transformed through magical means)
>>
>>51310952
Not based on that information alone.

He's a "drillmaster" with all these credentials out in the middle of Nowhere, Vvardenfell because he is working for a higher authority. He personally interviewed Vivec on the latter's trip to Cyrodiil. He shows up at the Trial too. He seems to knows everyone, everywhere, is openly noted for his Imperial leanings and connections to House Hlaalu, feuds with the Temple Zero society, and totally denies that anything funny is going on.
>>
Re:Hasphat
Oh, yeah, and, most obviously, he was present for Nu-Hatta's presentation to the Elder Council before the Oblivion Crisis.
>>
File: imps.png (268KB, 700x484px) Image search: [Google]
imps.png
268KB, 700x484px
>>51310753
pic related from the Daggerfall manual

As they are described as either Daedra, some form of magickal familiar, or "both" my inclination is that they are a form of Homunculi (especially seeing as they bare many physical similarities to the Homunculi in Arena).
From the Arena manual description of the Homunculus:
>A strange being created by a high level Wizard who has somehow combined the properties of certain spells with parts of various demons

Also they were fairly weak enemies in Daggerfall, only really a threat when you were a low level with crap beginner weapons.
>>
>>51310753
Arena and Daggefall don't count as canon.
They're average dungeon crawlers that led to a great series.
>>
>>51311170
Except they do, even though it doesn't matter either way, and even at they supply more of an explanation for Imps than Oblivion does.
>>
>>51311170
wew
>>
File: 1481352862604.png (158KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1481352862604.png
158KB, 625x626px
>>51311170
Try again
>>
>>51309147
>Elder Council, really?
Quite likely. When Nu-Hatta requests permission to be heard before the full Elder Council, Hasphat is among the ones present, and he has speaking rights. He's just too involved to not be highly connected.

>>51310753
The language skills are garbage.
They're not superbly strong, but rather annoying. Since iron can't hurt them, they're another good reason to start with the ebony dagger.

Lorewise we just don't know what they are, according to the manual.
>>
So the Elder Council is the illuminati?
>>
>>51311537
No, the Elder Council is much more terrifying.
>>
>>51311072
So basically a longwinded
>lol i dunno they just are :^)
>>
File: 1484691517716.jpg (369KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
1484691517716.jpg
369KB, 1024x679px
So, anyone see what city this is?

Bit more mundane than the usual meta physics. I took it from the mid week thread on castles. [/spoilers]
>>
>>51311801
Sierra Madre villas, Fallout: New Vegas. I win!
>>
>>51311801
Uh, what exactly do you mean? Looks like the coastal city in Oblivion sorta.
>>
>>51311801
Kinda reminds me of Skingrad's castle,with an Anvil color pallet
>>
>>51311853
I thought it looked incredibly similar to castle skingrad...It has a similar courtyard with a well and covered walk way. I see what you mean with the tiles though

>>51311847
Well done you win 100 caps, don't forget to buy the Todd Howard season pass!
>>
>>51311886
>tfw you will never go mountain climbing with Todd
>>
>>51311648
Did you even read my post?
>>
>>51311916
>See that mountain? I can climb it.
>>
>>51311942
>The truth may be that both theories are correct, or that Imps are something else entirely
I was talking about the image anyway, couldn't give two shits about what your post said, but looking back it still applies since the "important" part of what you said was just assumption.
Don't get pissy just because there isn't a clear answer.
>>
How would you react if Todd or Pete announced that MK is a fag and C0DA is retarded bullshit at D.I.C.E?

How do you think that would affect the lore community?
>>
>>51312285
>How do you think that would affect the lore community?
It wouldn't.
>>
>>51312285
We'd get more anti-coda shitters, but the lore is not mutually inclusive to what the franchise wants to deal with.
So basically, it wouldn't matter. Lore is lore, games is games.
>>
>>51312133
What exactly is warranting you to be such an obtrusive faggot?
I realize my post was an assumption I never implied otherwise, I'm just rather confused as to why you even bothered replying to a post you didn't even read.
>>
>>51312285
>How would you react if Todd or Pete announced that MK is a fag and C0DA is retarded bullshit at D.I.C.E?
I'd wake up.
>>
File: Telvanni Skirts.jpg (256KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
Telvanni Skirts.jpg
256KB, 700x800px
>>51312471
>Hey what are imps?
>>We don't really know, here's some speculation
>Oh so we don't really know
>>Did you even read the post
???
Look I dunno what your baggage is, but put it back in tesg, we don't need your shitty ego here.
>>
>>51312549
>continues to be needlessly hostile
>tries to make the assumption you didn't read my post seem silly even though you literally just stated you didn't read it
ok bro
>>
>>51312549
Outside observer here: your post was a lot more obnoxious and unnecessary than that. We don't need your particular brand of shitposting here.
>>
>>51312609
It's silly because it was implied before I stated such, and even then it was still applicable.
You're taking needless issue because I dared replied and assumed I was shitposting about you instead of just memeing the image, which still doesn't make sense because assuming my reply was about the post itself still works perfectly.
You're bitching about "not reading" as if you were talking about bananas and I replied with vintage coins.
Come back when you're off your period.
>>
>>51312665
The problem is that you responded with unfunny jokes and things like "couldn't give a shit about what your post said." That's needlessly hostile, so it's not unimaginable that he got pissed in return.
>>
>>51312688
If you didn't think it was funny, then that's you. No reason to get up in arms about it, just don't reply and enable it.
I became hostile because he took issue with a harmless summation as if it wasn't anywhere near the topic. He was completely off-kilter and deserved any ridicule.
The one that got pissed in return was me. If he's gonna sperg out for a joke he's better off not posting at all.
>>
>>51312746
Yeah, you're right about that. It wasn't even really that bad. Anyway, his first reply to you asking if you had read his post wasn't necessarily hostile, but you responded saying you "couldn't give a shit" and claimed he was "getting pissy." Thus opening hostilities. Only then does he respond angrily.
>>
Is Divayth Fyr the Tom Bombadill of TES? 4,000 years, extremely powerful, could probably have a huge impact on the outside world but he mostly tells everyone to fuck off so he can spend his days in his tower with his daughter-wives and his best bud fatty mclardtits.
>>
>>51312823
He not jovial enough.
>>
>>51312801
You know what fine I'm done with this.
I was the complete and total aggressor.
Fuck it, I actually made all these posts just to start shit with myself.
There, let's move on.
>>
>Nerevar said, 'Is this to keep you from the fire?'
>Vivec said, 'It is so that I may see with truth. It, and my place here at the altar of Padhome in the house of False Thinking, serve so that I may see beyond my own secrets. The Water Face cannot lie. It comes from the ocean, which is too busy to think, much less lie. Moving water resembles truth by its trembling.'
>>
File: fyrman.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fyrman.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
Jeez, stop with the autism guys.

>>51312826
seems pretty jovial to me. I know i would be if I had 4 dauther wives
>>
>>51312891
He's jovial, just not nearly enough.
>>
>>51312891
It's more of a scholarly joviality, like, "I'm going to read those emails Seht sent me 2000 years ago for three hours and try and crack that riddle about clocks and guar he came up with."

Versus absolutely not giving a shit like Bombadill.
>>
Any theories about Durnevhiir and why his soul is bound to the soul cairn?
Does that mean that Akatosh doesn't always has the biggest claim on the soul of a dragon/dragonborn?
>>
>>51313006
Potentially. I've been thinking that dragons are basically like Prince-affiliated Daedra.
>>
>>51313006
>biggest claim on the soul of a dragon/dragonborn

When they die. The problem with Durnevhiir is that he can't die anymore. His deal with the Ideal Masters fucked him up good.
>>
Does the Elder Scrolls series have the best fantasy setting?
>>
>>51315264
Lorkhan doens't seem very nice
>>
File: tatterdemalion map2.jpg (526KB, 1280x904px) Image search: [Google]
tatterdemalion map2.jpg
526KB, 1280x904px
what happened to this
>>
Reminder the Dwemer did nothing wrong
>>
File: 231px-SI-concept-POrder16.jpg (44KB, 231x599px) Image search: [Google]
231px-SI-concept-POrder16.jpg
44KB, 231x599px
I've got a question about the UESRPG talents. Why is it that there is no way to gain Stamina Points back quicker with an endurance-centered character, but there is for a willpower-centered character? I find this kind of odd as endurance is the characteristic that determines stamina.

My ideas for a solution would be to either change meditation to include endurance, add SP regeneration to rapid recovery and bump it up to Adept skill level, or to create a whole new talent just for SP regeneration
>>
File: Abyssal Cephaliarch.jpg (80KB, 1024x542px) Image search: [Google]
Abyssal Cephaliarch.jpg
80KB, 1024x542px
I AM AND ALL WILL BE ME
>>
>>51317206
Because SP is a "fighter resource" primarily in that its main uses revolve around melee combat. If a fighter is dipping into Willpower in addition to his other characteristics then he's probably a spellsword type build and is at the very least less good at direct combat. In exchange we figured we would let those characters have a bit of a resource management advantage. If we just let you take it off Endurance then it would be mandatory for fighters who are likely going to have good Endurance.

I do like your suggestions, but that's the primary worry: I don't want it to be mandatory.

I think your suggestion of adding it to rapid recovery and bumping it up a talent level is probably the best one, and the one I'd be most willing to go with because it would require you to focus a bit more directly on Endurance in order to access it.

Does my explanation change your assessment at all, or do you still think it needs to be available to Endurance focused characters?
>>
>>51317650
Thanks for the response, and your explanation does clear up most things! Thanks
>>
>>51312823
Fyr's just some wizard that don't need no politics

Bombadil is a primal force of nature
>>
>>51315943
Canceled.
>>
>>51315943
too many writers and not enough modders
>>
>>51317185
indeed, they did exactly what they set out to do
>>
File: tumblr_ok3hvftKXg1rv1nxto1_1280.png (105KB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok3hvftKXg1rv1nxto1_1280.png
105KB, 728x410px
>>51315264
i'd argue Planescape does but it kinda lost it's focus of what it actually is compared to TES
>>
>>51312823
Why does Uupse look like a mongoloid?
>>
>>51319171

Because the guy paints over and/or takes inspiration Rembrandt works to do these.
>>
>>51309206
We know from Oblivion that Uriel Septim had some vague ability to see the future from his dreams. It's quite possible he pardoned the Nerevarine because he knew he had to.

Another explanation is that Ocato was Thalmor (or whatever you want to call the Altmeri elite in the late third era) and wanted to bring down the Red Tower.
>>
>>51319427
Wasn't Ocato assassinated because he wasn't Thalmor? Like he was doing too good of a job bringing the Empie back together.
>>
>>51319437
Oh yeah I think you're right. Well there goes that idea.
>>
>>51319427
I should play Oblivion one day...
>>
>>51319427
Ocato was staunchly anti-Thalmor.
>>
I was reading about minotaurs... So the Alessian order tried to genocide the actual descendants of their namesake and her demigod babydaddy? That's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>51320233
That is of course assuming the works that talked about him as a winged manbull are accurate, and intended to be taken literally.
>>
I think that captcha is trying to tell me something, /tgesg/.
>>
File: youdork.jpg (28KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
youdork.jpg
28KB, 500x303px
>>51320433
as much as I love Todd I would prefer a TES game made by Obsidian
>>
>>51320524
it'll never happen, PoE was too successful for them to start begging for scraps again
>>
>>51320524
>>51320552
Ideally you'd have both of them playing to their respective strengths.
Bethesda could do the environments, Obsidian could do the quests and character writing.
It can't hurt to dream right?
>>
File: lwirlvf4uqfdalpda2ob.jpg (11KB, 373x216px) Image search: [Google]
lwirlvf4uqfdalpda2ob.jpg
11KB, 373x216px
>>51320524
>nu-Obsidian
>>
>>51320433
kek
>>
>>51317258
Wat
>>
>>51320618
I don't need an Elder scrolls game with a metric ton of trannies and wewuz shit, Obsidian can fuck off and stay with their autistic meme universe
>>
>>51321173
>trannies and wewuz shit
Vivec and the Redoran are already in TES you dunce. Back to /pol/ with you, s'wit.
>>
>>51321274
Vivec is like the only pardon my language, nonbinary character in the whole series. I'd rather keep it that way.
>Redoran
What.
>>
>>51321274
Honestly there are more factions in TES that are obsessed with some lost past glory than not.
>>
>>51321318
he most likely meant Redguards, for the "wewuz" part.
>>
File: yokus focus.jpg (72KB, 393x382px) Image search: [Google]
yokus focus.jpg
72KB, 393x382px
>>51321338
Fair enough.
>>
File: yokus focus1.jpg (76KB, 393x382px) Image search: [Google]
yokus focus1.jpg
76KB, 393x382px
>>51321489
>>
>>51320190
It wouldn't be the first time someone in a position of power secretly held beliefs opposing the ones they profess
>>
>>51321274
Vivec is an intelligently and cleverly designed character whose existence is not justified entirely by modern liberal politics in order to pander to the lowest common denominator, unlike Obsidian's shit.

Assuming you're referring to Redguards, not Redoran...same argument, really.
>>
>>51321676
I sincerely doubt it, it does not add up.
>>
>>51320190
Wasn't there a scrapped idea of Ocato being an Ayleid revivalist and betraying Uriel for Oblivion?
>>
>>51320524
That would be a nice DnD spinoff game with a TES coat of paint, but not a TES game.
TES games are Todd games at this point, whether people like it or not.
>>
>>51322346
Sounds like a misreading of the Nu-Mantia Intercept.
>>
>>51320233
They're the kind of organization who takes the namesake and basic ideals of another, but warped, and be totally nothing like them. They were more about a monkey who had a crush on Alessia than Alessia.
>>
File: tumblr_nfu8o5fMiR1td3k3fo1_500.png (220KB, 500x736px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfu8o5fMiR1td3k3fo1_500.png
220KB, 500x736px
>Vivec is a bi-racial, intersex, gender fluid, pansexual God.
>many gods don't have a fixed gender, but can appear as both male and female

Weird question, is there some deeper meaning/metaphysics to sex and gender in TES?
Also, are traps and futas lore-friendly?
>>
File: Yagrum.png (122KB, 456x460px) Image search: [Google]
Yagrum.png
122KB, 456x460px
>>51322855
The coincept of sex in Elder Scrolls is primordial and goes back before Anu's Dream.

Speaking of this, I wonder what ES universe would be like if Padomay succeeded in seducing Nir and Anu retreated into the Sun to masturbate and cry over being cucked.
>>
>>51322855

Imo, mastering Alteration leads to all kinds of weird fetishes.
>>
This topic will lead to no good.

>>51322855
>Weird question, is there some deeper meaning/metaphysics to sex and gender in TES?
Yes. The interplay of Anu/Padomay to Nir is fundamental to Anu's dream.

It's also no coincidence that "female" deities like Mara, Dibella, Kyne/Kynareth and arguably Meridia are all in a special relationship to the "male" Lorkhan. Or that cultures that view Nirn as a deity view it as female.
>>
>>51322879
>>51322896
>Anu/Padomay duality (Ying/Yang?)
>Lorkhan being a sort of "alpha", or "Father", with a harem of female deities
That makes sense

>Nirn as female
This is interesting, which cultures have this view? I know many real cultures have the Mother-Earth theme.

>>51322888
Why only Alteration? Conjuration seems more likely.
>>
>>51322991
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Words_of_Clan_Mother_Ahnissi
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Annotated_Anuad
>>
>>51323015
Also:
>Mara (Goddess of Love): Nearly universal goddess. Origins started in mythic times as a fertility goddess. In Skyrim, Mara is a handmaiden of Kyne. In the Empire, she is Mother-Goddess. She is sometimes associated with Nir of the 'Anuad', the female principle of the cosmos that gave birth to creation. Depending on the religion, she is either married to Akatosh or Lorkhan, or the concubine of both.
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Varieties_of_Faith...
>>
>>51322991

Conjure Daedric Booty Call can't make Futas real.
>>
>>51323046
I bet my ass Sanguine and Molag Bal have daedric futas serving them.
>>
>>51323015
>http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Words_of_Clan_Mother_Ahnissi

Off-topic, but what cough my attention was the description of the races descendant from the Wanderers.
>no Maormer or other less known species of Mer listed, maybe because they appeared later in history?
>Nedes, Imperials, Bretons aren't listed. Nedes are an ancient race, so not for the same reason above.
>implies Nedes aren't native to Tamriel
>Tsaesci are listed as a definitely Man race.
>>
>>51323125
"The Anuad Paraphrased" is also known as "A Children's Anuad". It's simplified.
>>
Explain Dremora
>>
>>51323228
Let a Dremora explain itself.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Spirit_of_the_Daedra
>>
>>51323029
Also take a look at the marriage customs of Atmora/early Skyrim.
>>
>>51323242
Neat. I always wondered if they were an actual people, like the varying races of Mer and Man. Where did they come from?
>>
>>51323514
Same as other Et'Ada, from Anu-Padomay interplay. Although these are more aligned to the latter.
>>
>>51323514
Always relevant:
>How typical. You mortals love to take a pebble of information and construct entire realms of conjecture upon it. Your lore of those disparate beings that you lump together as "daedra" is based on nothing -- lies and half-truths told by traitors, rebels, miscontents and weaklings who have had the misfortune to become involved with mortals. Or with Mehrunes Dagon. Do not speak his name to me again. The Master of Scum. The pawn of every Prince of true power, the dupe of every schemer in the Nineteen Voids. Do you think you know anything of the politics, factions, feuds, vendettas, wars of Oblivion? Do you think Oblivion such a simple place, that the tale of the loyalties of a great people such as the Mazken could be encompassed in a brief tale?
>>
So I'm making a setting based off Elder Scrolls.

What would be some race specific spells that could fit each race?

There will be some typical magical schools (the 6 of Morrowind and Oblivion) and some combat based magic schools (swordsinging and stuff) but I wanted some ideas for spells that only those of a certain race could do.

For example for Orcs I had a Bloodlust spell they could only cast on others (not themselves), Nords have a spell similar to the Thu'um that lets them breathe out a cone of cold, etc.

Any ideas?
>>
>>51323514
Why do you not despair?
>>
>>51323635
>>51324147
Dank memes

>>51323537
Thanks
>>
>>51323916
I don't understand how you made a setting based off another setting. How exactly are you creating something different ? What are you changing ?
>>
>>51324191
"There's nothing new under the sun"
LoTR is really just based on every fantasy ever from everywhere.
>>
>>51324178
What?
>>
>>51324230
What?
>>
>>51324420
LoTR made a setting based off other settings.
>>
>>51324456
No it isn't. It's a setting based off of Norse mythology. Every other fantasy setting is based off of LotR, including TES.
>>
>>51324642
It includes norse yes, among other things.
lotr is not the first fantasy setting, nor is it original
I'm confused as to why you keep replying about this. You say lotr is based on norse but then you question how he's gonna base his on tes? is english not your native language by any chance?
>>
File: 1480187084144.jpg (19KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480187084144.jpg
19KB, 600x450px
>>51324711
>among other things
Yeah, like the mythology from other European countries. You're right, it wasn't the first "fantasy" literature to exist, but it did codify the fantasy genre as we know it. The similarities that every subsequent fantasy universe share with it are far less superficial than what it itself shares with it predecessors. The fantasy genre was basically a weird nothing pulp "sword and sorcery" genre before LotR. Sure, you have stuff like Gods of Pegana and Journey to Arcturus (both of which I've fucking read, for your information) that inspired Tolkien, but they're really nothing like LotR in practice.

This is my third reply to you. I was not the poster who originally questioned the concept of a universe based on TES. If you want that just look at that webcomic, 6 Billion Demons or whatever it's called.
>>
>>51324827
>The fantasy genre was basically a weird nothing pulp "sword and sorcery" genre before LotR.
No, no it really wasn't.
I'm gonna stop replying to you know as;
1) This is no longer tes
2) You don't seem to know what you're talking about.
3) You don't WANT to know what you're talking about, given you mistakenly thought I was in argument with you and are resorting to reaction images.
>>
>>51324939
Talking to you is like talking to a malfunctioning robot.
>>
>>51324977
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTr-WIvZCJc
>>
>>51325022
I'm not even going to click that. How are you criticizing me for using a reaction image again?
>>
>>51324191
Changing the origin of the universe mainly, also the Empire, a lot of things really.
>>
>>51325215
Just make your own from scratch. It's been said that one of the biggest mistakes in TES was the fact that there are "elves" and "men" and not just different cultures, so just do that.
>>
>>51325235
How important is it that the Argonian equivalent be the badasses that fight off an invading force and then invade the invaders?
>>
>>51325235
>implying the man/mer dichotomy isn't one of the driving forces of the overall conflict in TES

Who said that? Todd Howard after skimming ASOIAF?
>>
>>51325311
Cuckbird, apparently.
But he's been retarded for the longest time now.
>>
>>51325304
That's a pretty basic concept, so it's cool. Just don't make them lizards who are controlled by trees.

>>51325311
The dichotomy would still be there, everything would. It just wouldn't be as blatant and generic as "elves". There would still be the wandering ehlnofey and all that.

MK said it.
>>
>>51325334
I have a question for you. An honest question.

Why is it that all the stupidest, dumbest fucking posts I see also tend to use terms like "cuck" or "kek" or "wew" or something along those lines? What is the correlation?

Why do you feel the need to post like that?
>>
>>51325372
Because when babies come to 4chan, they mindlessly imitate the culture and lingo in an attempt to fit in
>>
>>51325372
I'd guess that just stating things literally/factually is too boring for some, hence the need to jam [current buzzword] in, but that's only a guess.
>>
>>51325235
>>51325346
There's literally nothing wrong with having multiple races in a setting. MK can fuck off with his revisionism.
ES elves are pretty unique as they go, too.
>>
>>51325428
The word "elves" alone is objectively silly. There's nothing wrong with multiple races in general, but in TES is would alleviate a lot of the whole "but how are babies born" thing that gets asked every day while leaving just as much room for cultural depth if not more. It's just a limiting factor.
>>
>>51325428
Would you guys like to hear what I have so far?
>>
>>51325477
Sure.
>>
>>51325467
It's really not. "Elves" is a mannish word anyway, we have a more correct "mer" term. The fact that elves are called elves just makes them more recognizable.

Also, how can "elf" be limiting when we have fucking cat elves and octopus elves? Come on.
>>
>>51325526
Don't we have shit elves too?
>>
>>51325535
And literal ones to boot.
>>
>>51325526
I know. Mer is okay. It's still just a band-aid covering up "elves" though. They don't need to be recognizable.

>cat elves and octopus elves
>and shit elves
Then why even call them elves at that point?

The only reason there are elves in the first place is because it literally started as a DnD campaign. That's not really a defensible position.
>>
>>51325467
If it looks like an elf, uses magic like an elf, and has a sullen sense of superiority like an elf, it's an elf.

The elves in TES fall neatly into the category of elf as presented in most other fantasy (with the exception of the Dunmer but that's kind of the point) while still possessing enough unique traits to not make them Tolkien ripoffs. But they're still elves, and I don't see how inventing a new word for them would make them better.
>>
>>51325559
>Then why even call them elves at that point?
Why not? I never understood people getting so triggered by classic fantasy elements.
>>
>>51325614
That's the point: they wouldn't be like those things if they weren't elves in the first place. Instead of working from a completely unique position while retaining everything that's already cool about them and not having any of the "they're elves, BUUUUT..."

It wouldn't be inventing a new word.
>>
>>51325615
It's just "something you know wit ha unique twist" versus "something unique" with the latter having all the good qualities of the former.
>>
>>51325615
Many confuse "classic" with "generic".
Like I kind of get it, if you need non-humans you use either elves or aliens, even if it doesn't really fit. But it does fit here, they have tons of lore for the world.
>>
>>51325668
To be fair, all that cool lore exists in an attempt to distance them from "generic elves."
>>
>>51325706
But would they have been made so unique if they weren't "generic" at start?
>>
>>51325744
That's a good question. Knowing the development team behind most of the major lore revisions, then I would say yes. But, well, we're all here now talking about the setting, so I guess it's not worth complaining about.
>>
>>51325668
Bu they're not generic, they have primary elven traits and then a bunch of unique shit. They're twists on classic Tolkienesque elves. Calling them something different would just be stupid. It would be like coming up with a new word for man just for the sake of being different. It doesn't add anything and would just render pointless the contrast between mer and classic elves.
>>
>>51325768
But that's the thing, it wasn't like the writers at Bethesda sat down and decided to "subvert the idea of Elves" or anything like that. In the beginning, they really were nothing more than generic, stock, standard, uninteresting elf clones. It was only later that good writers sat down and said, "okay, this is what we have to work with." So, no.
>>
>>51325490
My idea was the universe was originally composed of two immeasurably powerful beings of light and dark (kind of like Anu and Tathamat in Diablo) that constantly battled for domination. Eventually the being of light imprisoned the being of darkness, thought at the cost of being nearly destroyed. Much of it's power was gone, and in creating the prison, it released a massive explosion of matter and light that created a single world (basically Nirn). However, the being of light was not dead, merely weakened severely. It knew that it's power was gone forever, and that the prison would not last forever too.

On this world the being decided to create mortal life, molding them out of the materials it found and giving them some of it's own divine essence. It created 10 different peoples, each one embodying a different aspect of itself.

(Note: the names of the races will be different, I'm using TES names for easy identification)

The Nords embodied it's courage and willpower.

The Bretons embodied it's curiosity and cleverness.

The High Elves embodied it's ambition and drive for power.

(I couldn't really think of what other virtues the other races would have, aside from me wanting Orcs to be Stoic like that one orc in the Stoic Orc Saga)

The being began to die as it had given it's last sparks of power to create mortals, and gave knowledge to a family (the Emperors) that their unity was their strength, and that the time would come when the 10 would be together once more to stand against the being's foe. It told them that should the different peoples have children with one another, the different aspects of the great being would combine to create a half breed of much greater power than either parent. The being hoped that they would not see their differences as things to divide themselves, and that eventually they would become one homogenized race of massive power for when it's foe was released.

cont in next post
>>
>>51325803
Okay, so what purpose would a unique name serve other than to introduce confusion among the people already familiar with them when these new "interesting" traits were ascribed?

I get the feeling you think The Elder Scrolls is some special epitome of fantasy that nothing else can compare to. It's not. It's definitely one of the more interesting and well-thought-out settings but it's still generic fantasy in a lot of ways.

All fantasy is just variations on shared themes, and TES is no different.
>>
>>51325843
>different creation myth
>different world
>will use different names for the races
Anon, just make it your own setting, it's already rather different.
>>
>>51325883
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, or that you understand what I'm saying, and I'm also not sure why you're assuming all that about me, so I'm just going to stop responding.
>>
>>51325843
The Emperor however was given some power by the being, in order to help guide them. This proved to be a mistake, because when the being died, the Emperor and his family decided to keep the peoples weak and divided so that none would ever usurp them. He made it illegal for interbreeding to occur, and punished any with death.

After many years of ruling, the prison on the dark being began to crack and fracture, and soon some of it's dark essence poured out. This essence formed into shadowy beings that invaded the world, and the invasion resulted in the Emperor's line being wiped out.

The new Emperor decided to repeal the law on interracial marriage, but it was soon discovered half breeds possessed much more power than either of their parents. Fearful of another invasion, the new Emperor encouraged interbreeding by offering tax reductions for interracial families and free training at a battlemage academy for the half breed children.

Basically the PCs will be part of the new generation of half breeds, you pick 2 races of the 10, and you basically have to deal with the Prime Evil's minions.

>>51325899
Yeah I kind of realized that now that I typed it out. I mainly wanted to keep the themes of each race the same, like Imperials are pseudo-Romans, Nords are...well Norse, and Redguards are masters of curved swords. Curved. Swords. And I liked the schools of magic too.

and there will be stealth archery
>>
>>51325916
Because calling elves something other than elves doesn't serve a purpose. It doesn't make them more unique, it makes them elves-that-aren't-elves.

A rose by any other name is just as sweet. Calling a rose a chrysanthemum doesn't ascribe any unique trait to it; it's still a rose, and being called a rose doesn't detract from it.
>>
>>51325986
That's totally circular logic, dude.
>They're elves because they're elves because they act like elves because they're called elves because they act like elves because they're elves

The point: when sitting down and designing a fantasy universe there is no reason to feel beholden to the concept of "elves and dwarves." None. Objectively.
>>
>>51324407
>ask question
>get either utter obfuscation or roleplaying
>>
>>51326085
Uh, that quote I posted was official Bethesda material. Google it.
>>
>>51325667
Familiar elements were arguably significant in Morrowind and therefore the series' success.
>>
>>51326105
Well yeah, I'm not saying that everything can't be based on something or familiar in any way.

I didn't, and no one else ever did, say that
>Elves should be called something different to make them unique.
That's not what I'm saying.
>>
>>51326028
That's not circular logic at all. They're called elves because they are elves, in appearance, behavior, even metaphysical origins--if not completely to a T.

>The point: when sitting down and designing a fantasy universe there is no reason to feel beholden to the concept of "elves and dwarves." None. Objectively.
No but there's also no reason not to call your elves elves.
>>
>>51326100
I agree; it also does not answer the question. It is only indirectly related to the topic of dremora; it doesn't pertain to the question "what is the origin of dremora".
>>
>>51326138
That was my first post, fyi; I just thought it was a germane point to make.
>>
>>51325899
So what aspects do each of the races stereotypically embody? It's kind of simple for some but for races like the Bosmer and Dunmer I can't really think of a positive trait for them.
>>
>>51326147
THE POINT IS THAT THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN ELF COPIES IN THE FIRST PLACE.

apologies 4 caps

>>51326163
It wasn't intended to be an answer to any questions. It is relevant to
>I always wondered if they were an actual people
Which is what the quote is about.
>>
>>51326178
Yes, it's also something I agree with. One of the ideas behind the Empire was that they are a more relatable contrast to the weirdness of Morrowind.
>>
>>51326185
>Bosmer
Adaptability?
>Dunmer
Perseverance?
>>
>>51326196
Because you helped create TES and have any claim to what should or shouldn't be anything.

Despite what MK might say, TES isn't your personal fantasy universe.
>>
>>51326196
Well, I'm not so sure. That excerpt is about the gnarly Seducers, and doesn't reveal much except "the ongoings of the daedra are too complex for the understanding of men/mer". It's not so much an illumination as "no one knows".

Not complaining that someone is sharing content though. It's good shit
>>
>>51326241
What about the other races?
>>
>tesg is shit
>tg is shit
hows the various tes discords?
>>
>>51326196
>the point is that they never should have been elf copies in the first place.

that's a bit of an ontological issue; the concept of the Mer never would have existed if they were not, first, elves in that D&D game. Therefore, their origin as elves informed their conceptualization as Mer.
>>
File: 1478222338828.jpg (28KB, 317x233px) Image search: [Google]
1478222338828.jpg
28KB, 317x233px
>>51326255
What is your deal, dawg? Are you an Elf?

>>51326256
In response to
>I didn't know they were an actual people
There's an official answer simply saying
>Yes, they are an actual people
Despite our not knowing any more. Yeah?
>>
>>51326288
Hey, at least it's not tusktonics today.
>>
>>51326310
>There's an official answer simply saying
>>Yes, they are an actual people
>Despite our not knowing any more. Yeah?

makes sense, yeah
>>
>>51326295
Right. Theoretically, which is all this ever was, it would be interesting to see TES be more about culture than race.
>>
>>51326338
But you are right, a lot of the answers do tend to be along the lines of "and also you mortals just wouldn't understand," hahah. That's why the 36 Lessons are cool: it's actively giving you the opportunity to not understand rather than just telling you you wouldn't be able to in lieu of actual depth.
>>
>>51326350
You really feel the series is more focused on race? I barely think of Dunmer as elves any more, though I am fairly inculcated with their lore and culture, and they are exceptional among Mer.

Do you feel the distinction between Man and Mer and all that it is in the lore would still be represented as well without the elf and human concepts applied?
>>
>>51326350
TES races all already have vastly different cultures.

I have a gnawing suspicion that all this "races were a mistake" stuff is just another sjw-tier "muh social construct" drivel.
>>
>>51326424
I guess that's a testament to how well they've separated it, or tried to separate it, from the origins of the series.

I think it could be representing along basically the same lines, you would still have the spirits who liked Auri-el and the spirits who likes Lorkhan coagulating into the mortal races without "and now these are elves and these are men." The dichotomy would still be there. There's nothing inherently wrong with them being different races, though, and I guess that's just another manifest metaphor, where the allegiance of their ancestors defined them down to a genetic level. That is sort of cool. Anyway, I forgot what I was going to say next.
>>
>>51325940
Similarly how "Nirn" means Arena in Ehlnofex, your world should mean "The Interracial Breeding Grounds" in whatever in-universe language
>>
>>51326486
Shit that's actually a good idea.

I feel kind of bad though that my inquiry resulted in a long ass argument over elves and other crap.
>>
>>51326427
I seriously doubt that.
>>
>>51326381
I agree, the trail of crumbs leading to questionable truths and knowledge are one of the strongest draws of TES for me.

The Dremora, though, are highly intriguing. I recall numerous instances in Morrowind where singular Dremora are employed by the Tribunal Temple or the Dunmer in general to guard areas (Puzzle Canal, ancestral tombs). UESP states as well that while they are generally aligned with Dagon, they affiliate with others.

I am somewhat interested in the concept of a clan (they have clans, correct?) of Dremora in the service of Mephala, and therein Vivec and/or the Tribunal Temple.
>>
>>51326512
>I feel kind of bad though that my inquiry resulted in a long ass argument over elves and other crap.

/tg/ is gonna /tg/, better that you got something useful out of it.
>>
>>51326521
Yeah, I think most of the clan stuff is from Battlespire. That's the game that goes the most into Daedric politics.
>>
>>51326536
Do you think my setting needs work in any areas?
>>
>>51326648
The central theme is miscegenation, so I cannot in good conscience help you.
>>
>>51326830
Are you from /pol/ by any chance?
>>
>>51326928
No, believe it or not. My views are not support by racist ideals or "da joos".
>>
>>51326960
What are they supported by?
>>
>>51327009
To be brief, and not get the thread monstrously off track; genetic diversity.
>>
Why would someone worship the 9 divines if they are dead?
>>
>>51327903
>dead
that's a gross oversimplification
>>
Could TLD technically wear the Amulet of Kings if it was still a thing? Could he be Emperor? I mean, s/he's technically of the Dragonblood. I guess it would take usurping Mede
>>
>>51328248
yeah
>usurping Mede
what do you think the point of the DB questline was
>>
>>51325535
Yes, they're called Altmer.

>>51325653
They're fucking elves, giving them elf style attitudes made them recognizable (And hateable in the case of Altmer)
>>
>>51328248
No.
Being dragonborn is not the same as being a septim.
>>
>>51328155
They are useless anyway
>>
>>51328304
[praising of reman intensifies]
>>
>>51328335
>linear time and stable, functional reality
>useless
>>
>>51328356
Reality is a falsehood, stop worshiping useless gods and worship the true gods: logic and reason
>>
>>51328414
>logic
>a concept contingent on Julianos
>"hurr stop ur worship"

Put down your ardent cutting globes, anon.
>>
>>51315943

The moon sugar sea!
>>
>>51328284
Most definitely not the LDB becoming the next emperor

You think they're going to keep them around for the next title lmao? He'll be written off someway or another, probably with the Hermaus Mora shit
>>
>>51325402

> Implying it is only babies.
>>
>>51328653
I doubt he'll feature on the level of CoCSheo babbling about his adventures with Martin, he'll almost certainly be a background character mentioned in books and dialogue
but if you think it isn't incredibly obvious what they're got planned for TLDB then you're a retard
he's already mantled Tiber Septim anyway
>>
Asked last week, didn't get a definitive answer.

If someone is partially soul trapped, does their entire soul go to the Soul Cairn? And if it does, like if the Dragonborn gets pulled there after death, would the host of Sovngarde be able to raid the Cairn to rescue him, like how Tsun wants to go get the lycan Harbingers from Hircine?
>>
>>51328248
>>51328284
>>51328653
I do believe they should be emperor but they don't like determining too much about the past PCs, especially when it comes to gender.\

And it's hard to have the sex of a dynasty's founder be unknown, especially if they don't do yet another 200 year timeskip
>>
>>51328716
That's a tricky one. Plus the partial soul trap was in the Black Star which was still at least partly tied to Azura at the time.
>>
>>51328770
That leads to another question: what is Azura's relationship with the Ideal Masters?
>>
>>51328750
they canonized the Nerevarine as male in Dragonborn
also, who said anything about a dynasty? TLDB is probably infertile by design, how else would he be the last one?
>>
>>51328814
Because it's not genetic. It's a blessing that TENDED to seem genetic during the reigns of the Cyrodils and Septims.

And "The Last" could always be wrong in the prophesy, or misinterpreted if Bethesda change their minds. Could be the Last Dragon-Slaying-Dragonborn.

>>51328814
>Nerevarine as male
Were they male? Or did they just mantle the original Male Nevevar so much they became male?

And shit, they'd have to deal with species at least once, though the first male in the line could be the end of that species/race given the mother-race-rule.
>>
>>51327193
As in miscegenation decreases genetic diversity?
>>
>>51328814
>they canonized the Nerevarine as male in Dragonborn
They admitted that it was a mistake and removed it.
>>
>>51328889
the protagonist of Morrowind didn't mantle Nerevar, he mantled the conceptual Nerevarine, which is more defined by a series of actions than a description of a particular person
>>
>>51328958
>They admitted that it was a mistake
[citation needed]
>removed it
no, that was Arthmoor in the unofficial patches
>>
>>51328958
Source?
>>
In Buddhism, nirvana is described as non-being. Would nirvana be more comparable to zero-summing in TES, rather than CHIM? In a state of CHIM you're still in the dream, where as zero-sum means you wake up (possibly no longer existing?).
>>
>>51329002
I'd say this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-realization is more like CHIM
>"the knowing — in body, mind, and soul — that we are one with the omnipresence of God; that we do not have to pray that it come to us, that we are not merely near it at all times, but that God’s omnipresence is our omnipresence; that we are just as much a part of Him now as we ever will be. All we have to do is improve our knowing."
>>
>>51328653
>>51328706
He has absorbed so many dragon souls that he would be a sizeable chunk of the aka oversoul, I could see the dragonborn becoming some kind of dragon deity.
>>
>>51328979
What did he change?
>>
>>51329783
He cut the 'he' out of one of Neloth's dialogue, and it sounds janky as fuck
>>
>>51328414
>Thinks the dwemer literally worship logic and reason
>>
>>51329811
Cheers
>>
>>51329811
What a cunt.
>>
>>51329783
I think he just took out the he so instead of

"You are too young to remember the Nerevarine. He defeated Dagoth Ur and saved us all from the blight."

It is "You are too young to remember the Nerevarine. Defeated Dagoth Ur and saved us all from the blight."
>>
>>51328979
Damn, I should have checked that.

But yeah, it is confirmed to be an oversight. It's easily rationalized as Nerevar being male.
>>
>>51329980
>it is confirmed to be an oversight
Source?
>>
>>51325041
I'm a different guy
>>
>>51325940
>encouraged interbreeding by offering tax reductions for interracial families
sounds like a liberal nightmare to me
>>
>>51330032
I'll try and find it, but I'm 100% sure that I read it.
>>
>>51308311
All of humanity in the empire came from atmora then splintered.
>>
>>51330612
That's not certain.
>>
>>51330612
wut r redguards
>>
>>51328750
>And it's hard to have the sex of a dynasty's founder be unknown

>Ysmir (Dragon of the North): The Nordic aspect of Talos. He withstood the power of the Greybeards' voices long enough to hear their prophecy.
>Later, many Nords could not look on him without seeing a dragon.
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/varieties-faith-empire
>>
>>51330612
Altamora was first a elven kingdom, and there are references of the coming of the nords from atmora as "retaking their ancestral land".

Men were created in Tamriel. Elves descended on Tamriel. All life begins on Tamriel.
>>
>>51330941
The Nords think humans were created on the Throat of The World, doesn't mean it's true. Also elves supposedly came from Aldmeris.

The only 100% definite races to be native to Tamriel are the beast races
>>
>>51330655
beast race
>>
>>51328248
>Could TLD technically wear the Amulet of Kings if it was still a thing? Could he be Emperor?
Only if the Souls of the Emperors pass accept the LDB as legitimate.

Further, being Dragon-blood does not garuntee emperor status, as many Emperors were made Dragonblood upon taking the seat, like that one Dunmer chick during the Septim Dynasty
>>
File: 1479659334389.jpg (190KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1479659334389.jpg
190KB, 2048x1536px
>>51331018
>>
>>51331014
Yeah, just because nord belive something doesn't mean it's true; but that doesn't mean it's false either. Nedes ain't no nords.
Aldmer also supposedly never existed in the first place.
>>
>>51331178
*Aldmeris
>>
>>51331178
According to a moth priest, but the Elder Scrolls are not infallible
>>
>>51331245
>Magnus' blueprints aren't infallible
>>
Can you really justify playing Morrowind or Skyrim as proper Nerevarine or LDB in an RP-friendly manner without playing respectively a Dunmer and a Nord? Morrowind maybe less so since you're fulfilling the prophecy to become Nerevarine, but even if there's nothing in the lore to suggest that it can't be an Argonian or a goddamn catman, I feel like thematically the LDB is definitely supposed to be a nord
I can kinda see a breton or an imperial also, with the bretons you could tie it into the whole Hjalti thing kind of as a second coming of Tiber maybe and an imperial could represent just the Empire and the idea that you're in Skyrim to set things back on the right track for the Empire or something
Fuck this autism, pls send help
>>
>>51331306
They say different things to different people. Only some things stay the same.
>>
>>51331365
The dragonborn thing is a gift from akatosh, I don't see it being a race thing, the character isn't meant to set skyrim on track, they are literally there because that is where alduin is and akatosh needs him defeated because miraak failed him the first time.
>>
>>51331365
The Nords were taught the Thu'um by the dragons, but there's nothing prescriptive about being a Nord to use the Thu'um, or even necessarily be Dragonborn.
>>
>>51331365
The right way to play skyrim is playing an Altmer
>>
>>51331455
>>51331480
That's why I said thematically rather than lore
In the storyline and setting of Skyrim I feel like the the location is very much tied to the identity of the Last Dragonborn similarly how the identity of Nerevarine as the reincarnation of Dunmer ancestor hero king feels weird if it's not a Dunmer
>>
>>51331365
Yes. Thematics don't come into play. The games, basically the entire lore specifically justifies playing whoever you want.
>>
>>51331579
You were captured crossing the border. It doesn't really matter where your ancestors come from.
>>
>>51331365
Nords are not predisposed for Thu'um, and none of the races are predisposed for being Dovahkiin. Hell, if a Dunmer woman was able to be crowned Empress during the Septim dynasty and be given the gift of Dragonblood, I think its safe to say Akatosh can choose whichever race he wants to be Dovahkiin.

As for thematics, really given Skyrim's history you can justify many races as being present in Skyrim and having a vested interest. Imperials have been a presence constantly in all the Empires, Bretons work due to the long history of raiding and fighting back and forth between High Rock and Skyrim, as well as teh fact that Reachmen exist. Dunmer have been constantly at war with the Nords since back when they were Chimer, and Winterhold was noted for historically having a strong Dunmer population before the Collapse. And as always wherever there is coin, Khajiit has wares, plus Whulfarth was known to ride a Pahmar-Raht into battle.

Really, thematic justification all boils down to how you RP and play your character in the end. You can pretend your dude either has a great incentive to protect Skyrim, or is just some rando screwed over by fate and the Gods
>>
File: IMG_0813.png (147KB, 500x541px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0813.png
147KB, 500x541px
>>51311916
>tfw you will never climb a metaphorical mountain with Todd the Father, Trainwiz the Son, and MK the Holy Ghost, forming a foursome of nerds getting way too invested in a well made game setting
Feels bad
>>
>>51330197
Well it is a fantasy world after all.

>>51331697
>As for thematics, really given Skyrim's history you can justify many races as being present in Skyrim and having a vested interest
What about Argonians, Orcs, Bosmer, Redguards, and Altmer?
>>
>>51331779
And murder them all and thus force the course of destiny to a new unknown direction, one can only imagine what might happen to TES
Very exciting
>>
File: IMG_4196.jpg (38KB, 350x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4196.jpg
38KB, 350x216px
>>51312891
>quite a comfort to me in my old age, hah hah
I love Divayth Fyr
>>
>>51331797
>>51331648
>>
>>51323635
>You mortals love to take a pebble of information and construct entire realms of conjecture upon it.
>/tgesg/
>>
>>51325235
>>51325311
>>51325334
>mk has fallen that fucking far
God I've been gone from these threads for too long.
>>
>>51331917
This is like, ancient.
>>
>>51331797
>Argonians,
Both the Rift and Windhelm are well known for their Argonian populations, further the Eruption of Red Mountain did give Argonian an opportunity to expand their torritory and move into the neighboring provinces

Orcs have been in Skyrim a long time, and many of those in Skyrim tend to either be working in the Legion, or seek to live in the Stronghold lifestyle away from the Trinimac worship and schism of Orsinium.

Bosmer, not so much, though you do find people there like Faendal, so perhaps Bosmer would find Skyrim agreeable to live if they wish to not be burdened by the strict requirements of the Green Pact, yet still want to live someplace where the wilderness still somewhat untamed.

Redguards have some options. Perhaps they moved to Skyrim to test thmselves against the Nordic swordsmen, or they wish to observe and excavate the Dwemer ruins in Skyrim's western edges, since they are of the same house as the ones scattered in Hammerfell. Maybe your a self-styled Guerilla who heard the Thalmor were making a move in Skyrim, so you decided to mess with them there.

Altmer, admittedly have the least thematic incentive. Perhaps they moved all the way to Skyrim just to get as freaking far away form the Dominion as possible while still having some modicum of civilization around them
>>
>>51331928
It is? Shit. Well that's a shame. At least his past contributions remain unchanged.
>>
>>51331934
Weren't recent generations of Altmer wanting to open up Summerset's borders and intermingle with the other races? Could be that the LDB is one of those ones.
>>
>>51331987
Why is that statement even a problem?
>>
>>51331993
It's pretty well established that plenty of Altmer weren't into the Dominion at all and soon found themselves unwelcome in Summerset and there's a whole diaspora with those who got out soon enough not be just purged as dissenters
As what goes for Skyrim I feel like it makes a neat subverting of the thematics (did I use that word right?) with the Dominion and Thalmor so present and central to everything that's happening that you as a fellow Altmer are the force standing in opposition to them
>>
>>51332089
Yeah, that makes sense.
>>
>>51332089
A shame Bethesda didn't put any of those in Skyrim to be waifus.
>>
>>51332439
There's one in Windhelm
>>
>>51332464
Yeah but you can't marry her IIRC.

I think the 2 Winterhold Altmer were supposed to be waifu-able via a quest, but I wouldn't do it even if they were because IIRC they were both shagging the same old ass Imperial.
>>
>>51331779
Why's trainwiz on there?
>>
>>51332589
Because the only way any of us fat fucks is getting up a mountain is on a train.
>>
>>51332589
He's bethesda now.
RIP nanosteam
>>
Would an altmer that lives on mainland Tamriel as an imperial subject, a willing and happy one, worship the altmeri pantheon or the imperial divines?
>>
>>51333738
depends on her upbringing
>>
See you next weekend, /tgesg/
>>
>>51306228

daily reminder that kirkbride is a hack
>>
>>51335143
Kirkbride is literally me

Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor
>>
>>51334963
newbro here
why is this a weekend thing and not a deadend general like Warcraft is where 1 or 2 autists bump it forever?
>>
>>51335279
Because it's better to have two or three active days instead of days of endless bumps and deadness.
>>
>>51335279
>newbro here
It's still newfag, newfag.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.