[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warmachine/Hordes General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 5

File: Captain_Shae_by_andreauderzo.jpg (499KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Shae_by_andreauderzo.jpg
499KB, 595x842px
Captain Harlock edition

Mk3 list building: http://conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: https://discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
http://textuploader <dot> com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/December2016/WMH-Errata-January-2017.pdf

Theme Forces:
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme%20Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
http://charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists
>>
Where's the fucking link to the previous fucking thread you fucking faggot. Fuck.
>>
>>51302673
aaaaaaand ruined already.

people here are such cunts
>>
>>51302702

Meanwhile, the PP Skorne Forum is all day festival of positivity and good feeling.

I'm rolling with it, after the Cubs won I finally accepted that I had been seeing signs that the world was ending for months.

>already sold on this one god
>you can stop now
>>
What should I pick up to make a 50 put Captain Shae list? I'm still relatively new and all I've got is Shae, a Mariner, a Mule, the Commodore, Hawke, Grogspar, the Doc and a Press Ganger crew
>>
>>51302646

Is Shea good outside of Pirates?
>>
>>51302814
Remember to accept our lord and savior EVERBLIGHT
>>
I'm looking for the No Quarter issue with the historical scenario between ancient Menites and the Molgur. I've tried the table of contents in the Privateer Forums, but can't seem to find it.
>>
so Horgle2 is coming out soon anyone got a link to his card or stats? also workshopping a 25 pt army any ideas?
>>
>>51302673
Also, need to update the OP with the actual current errata including the Skorne changes.
>>
File: circle command book.jpg (292KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
circle command book.jpg
292KB, 1080x1080px
Can't wait for Circle Spring. Hoping we get a living warbeast theme force, because I'm totally running this:

(Kaya 3) Kaya the Wildheart [+27]
- Druid Wilder [0]
- Ghetorix [21]
- Loki [21]
- Feral Warpwolf [18]
- Pureblood Warpwolf [17]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
Blackclad Wayfarer [0]
Blackclad Wayfarer [0]
Shifting Stones [3]
Shifting Stones [3]

My other list is Una :^)
>>
>>51304566
Are Kaya's rules out?
>>
>>51303641
Try CTRL F ing Battle Forged. It's the section where they do custom historical scenarios
>>
>>51304625
Nothing but the old spoiler. That's Morv2s points. Figure it is close to what hers will be.
>>
Is Cryxnergy the new Skornergy?

>Asphyxious3 has field marshal [unyielding] that gives victim statted Cryx jacks staying power in close combat
>Asphyxious3 is slower than all low ARM Cryx jacks, so they can't reach close combat as fast as normally
>>
>>51304802
He doesn't need to stand right in front of the army you know?
>>
>>51304802
??? He has mobility
>>
>>51304846
>paying 3 focus for 1 inch of extra movement
>>
>>51304802
>Is Cryxnergy the new Skornergy?
Only if you're an idiot and just want to run Seethers with Venethrax
>>
>>51304866
With players like you and your endless hyperbole, Cryx will stay in its current shape forever. Congratulations, you are the cancer ruining WMH.
>>
>>51304866
>Not paying 3 focus to make the fastest Jack's in the game even faster and giving them Pathfinder.
>>
>>51304837
For field marshal he has to.

>>51304907
If they go faster than Asphyxious, they don't benefit from unyielding. Cryxnergy.
>>
>>51304866
it's 2 inches.

please actually know what you are complaining about
>>
>>51304914
You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>51304914
You are not often told you are clever are you?
>>
>>51304914
Field marshal doesn't require control area and even if so, his control area is big.

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>51304914
They only need to be in Gaspy's control area, and are only 1 speed faster than him.
>>
>>51304926
Slayer is speed 6, Asphyxious is speed 5, Slayer only benefits 1 inch from it, bonejacks don't benefit at all.
>>
>>51304958
What??? Please read those cards again. For the love of god, read them.
>>
>>51304958
What?

please get a trip so you can be filtered off now
>>
Would you do any errata to your faction.

If it means coc gets a model per errata?
>>
>>51305033
Sure, why not
>>
>>51305033
You mean my faction gets more balanced while CoC gets more model veriety? Where's the downside?
>>
>>51304802
Skornegy is still a thing.

>Xerxis2 has FM +2SPD
>Internet explodes and calls him overpowered
>He's only fury 5 so can't handle a big battlegroup
>>
So if this thread is anything to go by, Cryx is actually fine but Cryx players don't realise it because they haven't read any of their models besides Banes and Gaspy2.
>>
>>51305520
>can't handle a big battlegroup
Suuuuure. I mean, he's not OP, but any Skorne caster can run an assload of beasts.
>>
>>51305543
The powerful stuff in Cryx is fine. But there's a lot that is not fine, so I can undestand them a bit.
>>
Cryxfags were being spoiled rotten by mk2. They can't comprehend not being the best faction.
>>
>>51305572
So you mean like every faction
>>
>>51305572
Every faction has tons of shit so they're not alone. Even Skorne still has lots of dud models. Our solos for example are probably the worst in the game still. At least half of them are bad, with more being questionable. None of them scream "amazing in any game or with a certain caster" at you besides Mord + Void Spirits, but even then that's shit against battlegroups, Warmachine, and tough infantry.
>>
>>51305592
Well except for Protectorate, Retribution and maybe Skorne.
>>
>>51305597
>Bastions, Cinerators
>Houseguard
>Cetrati
>>
>>51305611
There's some stuff that's not good in those factions, but the vast majority is.
>>
>>51305611
That's a lot less than in other factions.
>>
>>51305632
>Vast majority of Skorne is good
Says who? Someone who doesn't play Skorne? The only part of Skorne where the majority of things are good is the beast stable, though even that is a great unknown at the moment. Half our casters aren't good, half our units aren't good, almost all of our solos aren't good. All things considered, I'm confident that less than half of Skorne things are good. Just because we had a big errata doesn't mean everything is good. Keltarii were completely unplayable before, getting +1SPD doesn't mean they're magically insane now.
>>
>>51305655
Like I fucking said: "Maybe Skorne". It's looking pretty good so far but it's too early to tell.
>>
>>51305670
>"There's some stuff that's not good in those factions, but the vast majority is."
>"The vast majority of those factions (Menoth, Ret, Skorne) is good"
>"The vast majority of Skorne is good"
No, you outright stated it.
>>
>>51305680
I have no nerve to explain reading to you. Go to fucking school kid.
>>
>>51305716
Ouch you got me with that red hot insult. Better redact my earlier comments now that I've been thoroughly defeated.
>>
>>51305543
>Cryx players are just WHM's version of Tau players

Well, things make a lot more sense now.
>>
>>51305655
I don't know anything about Mk3 Skorne, pre or post errata, but sounds like they're in-line with most of the factions now who are only using 30-40% of their available models.
>>
>>51305907
Pre-Errata it wa like 10%. We'll see where we end up now, but I think it's going to be close to 80%.
>>
>>51305655
Keltarii were amazing before. the fact that they got buffed is insane.
>>
>>51306154
Well amazing is a bit of an overstatement.
>>
>>51306154
>>51306184
A bit, yeah. A reasonable description would be "Keltarii were a bit lacklustre before, now they have a role". They needed a buff, they got a buff, and the result is in no way "insane".
>>
>>51305655
TBF, it's really tough to evaluate either way. You can never judge anything in a vacuum. Not every model got directly buffed, but the scale and number of the changes pretty much guarantee every model is having its branch shaken.

I mean, one of the big picture changes is that Skorne now has a lot more delivery mechanisms available. That changes the value of every model that doesn't come with a delivery mechanism built-in.
>>
>>51304894
So players are cancer ruining the game and not Privateer Press? Got it.
>>
>>51305543
Except that everyone is playing Coven and Deneghra1 with boatloads of Satyxis, that shit gets old pretty quick, nobody is even considering the banes these days.
>>
>>51306571
So what? The tournament/meta lists for other factions are similiarly narrow. Cygnar: Stormlances+Junior Warcaster. Khador: Either all jacks or WGRI+Rockets+Joe. etc etc.
In the last thread another anon did a nice write up what the staples of each faction are
>>
>>51306648
Although one reasonable point would be that Cryx is even more narrow than others - but saying that the entire faction is trash and that everything is bad really doesn't help.
I can understand Cryx players wanting a bit more options, but that's another thing than "oh no my faction is the wurst!"
>>
Do you people even like this game? These threads always seem to be filled with fags and cancer.
>>
File: Good Evening Pricks.jpg (116KB, 543x390px) Image search: [Google]
Good Evening Pricks.jpg
116KB, 543x390px
Why does this edition feel so...not fucking fun?

Is it the spam lists? Is it the 'samey' nature of the factions as they expand more and more models into their line? Is it pre-measurement and proxy bases?

WTF is going on? Why does it feel so fucking bland now?
>>
>>51306815
Yes. And yes.
>>
>>51304802
Not much slower -- you realize he (and Vociferon) gets the +2 SPD from Mobility also?
>>
>>51305543
>Cryx is actually fine

Cryx is fine if you only want to play Denny1, Coven, Satyxis, character Jacks, and Nodes. Everything else is garbage.
>>
>>51304566
Real talk.

Synergy in Circle, what beasts do we use? I'd be seriously surprised if the correct answer is lots of expensive beasts.

I'm thinking Gnarlhorns, personally, as with Synergy and Feral available they hit hard enough, and with a little geometry you can make Counterslam not only useful but really obnoxious for the other guy to deal with.
>>
>>51307200
Scarsfell and Rip Horn are two of the best contender with a Gorax to give out Primal.

I really want to see Kaya3 and the Wold Theme Force.

I think (and hope) that PP isn't so idiot to understand that if if Bradigus has sinergy limited when you release a caster with Sinergy unlimited you ar epratically killing one caster.

I hope wold them will bring new asnwer in circle against Gun line, maybe something cool like all Construct Beast gain Shield Guard.
>>
>>51307038
>Circle is actually fine

Circle is fine if you only want to play 2una, Wurmwood, Scarsfell Griffons, Warpwolves and Sentry Stones. Everything else is garbage
>>
>>51307200
If you get gotes do not get the new ones, otherwise youll play worse and make awkward hits on the table.
>>
>>51307250
Both Baldur are really good too.

The problem Circle has with caster it's the same all the other faction has and it's called "META".

The amount of firepower out there really limit list building, if shooting become less viable in the meta Circle really gains a lot of option.
>>
>>51307250
The other problem here being that 2na/WW is probably the most broken pairing in the game. Cygnar might have something on their level and maybe Protectorate, but Circle is incredibly hard on the lesser factions.
>>
>>51305520
What is the Bronzeback fury...5? FUCK OFF.
>>
>>51307250
Circle isn't as varied as it was in Mk2, but the field is a bit bigger than that.

Baldur1, Baldur2, and Tanith are all good.

Bloodtrackers are still good. Woldwraths and Woldwyrds are good.

We've got more playable options than Cygnar, at least.
>>
>>51307885
>Woldwyrds
They are just waiting for the right list to spam them.
>>
>>51307917
What if... mcdonttouchthat?
>>
Looking to pair something with my Maddox list. Was thinking Haley2 or Haley3, but I'm not sure. For reference, my Maddox list is as follows:

War Room Army

Cygnar - Maddox Theme

Theme: Storm Division
75 / 75 Army

Effigy of Valor - Steamroller Objective

Major Beth Maddox - WJ: +30
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)

Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Firefly - PC: 8
Stormblade Captain - PC: 5
Captain Arlan Strangeways - PC: 0

Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 0
- Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner - PC: 2

THEME: Storm Division
---

GENERATED : 01/20/2017 09:10:25
BUILD ID : 2034.17-01-07
>>
>>51305597

Does Protectorate even matter without High Reclaimer? Cryx is still winning and placing in tournaments despite being so shitty.
>>
>>51306815
>Do you people even like this game? These threads always seem to be filled with fags and cancer.

People who enjoy the game are too busy playing it and listbuilding and discussing it with friends to shitpost in threads.
>>
>>51308675

Probably. If you look at Protectorates stuff, they seem like they have a pretty strong stable. HR is just really in right now so that's what everyone plays.

Otherwise, they really seem like they have a lot of good stuff. Hell, Kreoss1 still exists and he still does the exact same things he did in MK2 except now he has power up.
>>
>>51308834
>If you look at Protectorates stuff, they seem like they have a pretty strong stable.

Strong enough to not ever win anything.

Every faction has a strong stable of casters as long as your definition of strong doesn't include "winning".
>>
The biggest problem is Cryx is that Satyxis don't seem like Cryx units but they're the only units worth using. Other armies have cohesive themes (Russians, religious zealots, naturalists) that all units belong to, but for Cryx you have a faction of cyborg undead where the face of the faction are living women with horns. The best way to fix Cryx is by removing all Satyxis and turning them into mercs.
>>
>>51308834
>>51308991
>>51308675
Protectorate is as it has always been
Right in the smack god damn middle
We got one S-Tier Caster with a specific list that gets countered because everyone shits their pants the first few weeks.
Harby was scary in mk2 for like 2 months
Amon was scary for like 2 months
HR is Scary right now.

I love PoM because you can field a decent list with most casters.
>>
>>51309812
>>I love PoM because you can field a decent list with most casters.
This. I'm really considering getting a second unit of daughters or a unit of flamebringers to play Thyra. The chance to play a really fast and aggressive list in PoM is interesting, to say the least
>>
>>51303641
I found it, it's in No Quarter 45, for those interested.
>>
>>51304958

I'm actually really curious about what in god's name this anon could've meant. That... like... if the 'jacks got Mobility and then... ran, straight forward, they'd be out of CTRL? Or... something? I am actually confused.
>>
>>51309998
I want Kreoss3 with some vengers.
>>
>>51309799

...but Satyxis have been part of the Cryx faction since day one, literally. Skarre was one of the first wave of casters, with Denny and Gaspy. I mean, by your reasoning, none of the pirate stuff is in-theme for Cryx because they're not cyborg undead, despite Cryx explicitly having a lot of pirates.
>>
>>51311419
Who the fuck knows? It's wrong on too many levels to understand.
>>
>>51306818
Less shenanigans.

Everything is more restrictive than before and wombo combos are dead
>>
>>51306818
Mk3 list design:
How many of this one undercosted warnoun can I fit into this list?
>>
http://conflictchamber.com/#b21bbV2f24222v2v3D2_3z

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points

(Kreoss 3) Intercessor Kreoss [+28]
- Fire of Salvation [16]
- Templar [15]
- Reckoner [16]
Exemplar Vengers (max) [20]
Exemplar Vengers (max) [20]
High Exemplar Gravus [9]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Vassal of Menoth [3]

What do people think about this?
>>
>>51311467
Satyxis were a mistake since the beginning. PP should nerf them so hard no one will ever use them again.
>>
>>51311755
Considering that seems to be their approach to nerfing almost everything, I think it's safe to say that Satyxis will become unplayable sometime in the future.
>>
>>51311727
Looks like it busts down armor like a boss.
Why the Reckoner though? With so many rerolls going around, you hardly need the -2 def. I'm also not sold on the Fire of Salvation. Sure it hits hard, but it also costs quite a lot. Maybe trade it in for a Castigator (which between coven and ignite goes to 2 POW 20's initials).
And is Gravus actually worth it?
>>
>>51311222
Thanks man!
>>
>>51309799

>Dragon-blooded pirates are not in theme for the dragon worshipping pirate faction.

...you wot mate?

I WOULD like to see a Merc Satyxis warcaster some day (Since the fluff for them in the RPG had them being hired on many pirate ships, not just Cryx ones) but they do fit in Cryx.
>>
Played Makeda1. She's really good.
>>
>>51307250
>EVERYTHING ELSE IS GARBAGE BECAUSE I SAY SO
Stone monkey colossus is dumb with Druids of Oroboros. Magic ability 8 dudes with a knockdown, a knockback, and a cloud that gives personal stealth? Hell even without the monkey, Druids of Oroboros seem good. Like nigger if you want awful units I can show you the card for Incindiarii.
>>
>>51312100

That would actually be cool. I want there to be some themes that rely on Mercs and allow them to benefit from faction spells/abilities.

A Cryx pirate/merc/Styxis theme would be great for this.

Similarly I would love a Skorne "Slave" army along the same lines.

Also, a Merc "Llaelese" force that consists of a mix of mercs along with select Cygnar and maybe Protectorate units would be sweet. Depending on whether it's supposed to be a pre or post invasion Llalese force.
>>
>>51312455

She seems really cool.

What was your list?

I keep looking at her and thinking of completely different options so I don't know what to run her with.
>>
>>51312579
>(Makeda 1) Archdomina Makeda [+29]
- Agonizer [6]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Molik Karn [19]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Void Spirit [4]

Honestly the Sentry is so good with her you don't even KNOW. See, the Sentry's main problem is that it lacks the damage output to finish off a heavy. Jackhammer fixes this. If I owned a 2nd Sentry I'd switch out the Bronzeback for another. If I didn't need Rush so much, I'd swap the Gladiator for a 3rd. Sentry + Agonizer wins games. The Nihiliators did a fine job of gumming up the board, and at DEF15 they laughed at Sentry Stones. Then Karn started splattering stones and jumping back to safety. Shit was cash.
>>
>>51309799
All factions have at least one different looking subfaction. Khador has fantasy strippers with greatsword, aka Doomreavers. Cygnar is split between super lightning knights and straight from the trenches regular guys. Retribution has typical speedy elf dickstabbers, but also armored crab elves. Protectorate probably has the most cohesive design, but Exemplars pretty much have WoW-levels of armor and then there's simple religious nutjobs.
Cryx' undead also do not consist solely out of the techno-zumbies, but also the revenant crew and blackbanes raiders, which are zombie/ghost pirates, with no magitek at all.
>>
>>51311727
K3 has a knockdown spell, so the Tristan boat (Tristan running two Redeemers) is excellent with him.
>>
>>51309799

I like that Cryx isn't just fucking Vampire Counts #145.

The fact that they're steampunk/techno undead is cool but the addition of Dragon Magic corrupt races honestly makes them more interesting to me.

It's this chaotic, varied force full of different elements but each element has a distinct look.

I like that about a lot of wargames, where you have subfactions within a faction and the subfactions have their own looks and history. Cryx not being just undead but a mix of undead and corrupt living elements makes them way more interesting.
>>
>>51312631

I wasn't sure about the Sentry simply because he already has Shield Guard and it felt a bit redundant.

I was thinking, instead of Sentry, using an Ardus Soldier. He looses an inch of threat but The Lash+Rush+Reach help him out and Jackhammer is kind of interesting with Pull. You can position him between 2 heavies and use Pull+Jackhammer to reel both in and kill them. Shield Guard with +4 arm is pretty sweet.

Ardus DMG output is pretty high, he might be able to take the place of the Bronzeback. Even though BB is Fury 5 again, I still find myself not necessarily wanting to take him because he still has the downside he used to have in MK2 (getting shot to death before he gets close). However, if anyone can make him work, it's probably Mak1.

I keep wanting to run at least 1 Scarab Swarm with Mak1. Having 4, Arm 16, 10 wound, Shield Guards for 10 points seems really cash in any list. I haven't done it though so I have no clue if it's as cool as I think it is.
>>
>>51312023
>>51311727
FoS for fluff reasons, Gravus for the no knock down, Reckoner because I own two.

The Castigator might make sense for Anti-Infantry work too,
The Tristan Boat sounds good too.
>>
>>51312814
"cool" plays tend to be shit. The Scarab Swarm is still awful. I don't know about you, but my LGS is mainly big fighty robots and beasts as opposed to gunlines. I don't even think I'd be troubled by a gunline at this point. Quicken is an incredible spell to throw on a unit like Nihilators if you just want to get them up the field in one piece. People at my LGS aren't even taking blasts anymore, so Nihilators can really get up the board and start gumming the place up, on top of having okay damage if they get on a heavy.

On the question of Soldier v Sentry, it's honestly the Sentry every time for me. Pull + Jackhammer isn't a special interesting powerful trick; it's a low PS first hit followed by a higher PS second hit. If the first hit misses, the second hit will be weak too. The Sentry just gets to hit for normal damage on all of the attacks. The damage output is pretty much irrelevant in a vacuum. In a vacuum somewhere in Magical Christmasland, nothing beats a Bronzeback or comes close really. A Sentry can JUUUUST kill a heavy, which is all you need if for, and if it doesn't get there, Makeda gets it there. That's the beauty of Jackhammer with a Sentry. And I'd much rather have a heavy that's always ARM21 than one that's ARM19 until shot at. The shooting will never happen because my opponent has a wall of Nihilators to chew threw under Makeda1's new feat so none of them are actually going to die to the shooting.

If you want to hear some brand new delicious Skornegy, giving a Soldier Retaliatory Strike with Makeda1's feat means that if they can't get in range with all of their attacks at max charge range and you hit them with a claw because they're >0.5" away, you drag them in closer so they can hit you more.

Don't get me wrong the Soldier is great, but Sentries are just so good with Makeda1.
>>
>>51308689
I wish. Between holidays, weather, and a fluctuating player base, I haven't gotten in a game since November. So I go to the forums to scan through the paragraphs of circle-talking people there use to prove their point and come here to poke fun at PP.
>>
Still hemming and hawing about a Champions pairing for tomorrow, this is what I've got right now:

http://conflictchamber.com/#bo1bgM5H5H5H5H5H5H5E4M4B5e5egt4Yc9c9__4ucn4B5l575c5e5ec9g4g4gt5gc9

Circle Army - 75 / 75 points

(Una 2) Una the Skyhunter [+29]
- Scarsfell Griffon [8] x6
- Winter Argus [8]
- Pureblood Warpwolf [17]
- Gorax Rager [7]
Sentry Stone & Mannikins [5]
Effigy of Valor (Steamroller) [0]
Tharn Bloodtrackers (min) [10]
Gallows Grove [2]
Gallows Grove [2]

Circle Army - 75 / 75 points

(Morvahna 1) Morvahna the Autumnblade [+28]
- Woldwrath [37]
- Gorax Rager [7]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
Druids of Orboros [12]
- Druid of Orboros Overseer [4]
Gallows Grove [2]
Blackclad Stoneshaper [3]
Blackclad Stoneshaper [3]
Effigy of Valor (Steamroller) [0]
Blackclad Wayfarer [4]
Gallows Grove [2]

I don't have Tanith or I'd run her as the pairing; it's D&C0 so I'm not all that concerned with the second list, although it should be a good drop into Horgle2 or Malekus, which are the only ADR casters I'm particularly concerned about.

Comments?

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam.

Cute, /tg/, cute.
>>
>>51309998
I run both two units of Daughters and a unit of Flamebringers. It's great, they all have stealth and are in your deployment zone on turn two
>>
I kind of want to try out Zaal, the Ancestral Avocado, but I'm running into the snag that all of his shit is bad. Immortals aren't too bad since they hit reasonably hard on the charge, Hakaar is obviously much better now because he boosts their damage in his big CMD of 10", and the Extoller Avocado seems fine because it's because a Soulward but can't hand out magical weapon in those niche cases but also works as a UA. The problem is the Ancestral Guardian. Like, man, it just sucks huge fucking dick. I'd bring 1 just to give Immortals +2" movement, but paying 5 points for that feels really bad. It's just so slow and clunky for a 5 point melee solo. In my head I'm comparing all of this to Xerxis1 + Cetrati + elephant herd, and I'm seeing no reason to consider either Zaal.
>>
>>51313434
But are you required to take that stuff with him? Why not bring your regular good troops/beasts and call it a day?
>>
>>51312676
In my opinion Crux isn't steampunk enough. I was thinking about starting a small force with heavy conversions to rectify this. I wanna finish my Protectorate first tho
>>
>>51313475
I'm just trying to get the most out of his feat. With an Agonizer, everything on the board would go to ARM25. Small based infantry at ARM25 are just going to be a cunt to deal with is the main reason. Without Immortals, the feat basically just makes my caster ARM25 for a round and heals back any fury I've cut for. That just feels awful when you compare it to shit like Stryker1's feat that gives everything +5ARM anyway. Maybe my problem is just that Zaal2 is a bad caster. Skorne warrior models are pretty awful, which kinda makes him awful since he leans on warriors so much.
>>
>Xerxis2
>Rapport on an Archidon
>Fly it behind their caster
>Pop feat
>Archidon goes up at MAT8
>Rolls 3 dice
>5 4 4
>Discard 5, oh look I got a crit pitch
>Throw their caster towards your army
>Rape their caster
>>
Can someone qive me the rules for the Winter Guard Artillery Captain please?

I have 3 points left in my theme force and want to know if he's worth it.
>>
>>51313503

Just add more pipes, steam, goggles and top hats. You'll be fine.
>>
>>51314050
Well I had an idea for Banes, resculpt the chest armor to have pipes running in a ribcage fashion, and somehow make the skirts more steamlike.
>>
>>51313692
He has Artillerist. Also, a couple other abilities, but nobody gives a crap about those.
>>
File: hmmm.png (49KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
49KB, 604x453px
>>51313553
>>51313434
>>
>>51305033
yes please. shit, don't even errata people just give me more things to spend money on

I need more clockbots but I already own everything in the faction
>>
>>51313325
Your 2na list seems 4 griffons short.
>>
>>51313325
>Winter Argus
nigga wut, cut that and the useless tree for more griffon
>>
Any word on viability of farrow commandos under Carver?

I was thinking about getting a set, but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>51314419

Nah, he's just obviously never played Zaal2 with the Immortals.

You are going to bless each one of those 5 points that went into getting an Ancestral Guardian when it comes to keeping things away from your warlock.
>>
File: 76983467938470.jpg (112KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
76983467938470.jpg
112KB, 1280x960px
Anyone know what this model is?
An aquitance of mine says he found some boxes of my "mini robots" game for cheap on a comic store nearby. Says most of the boxes are opened but almos all of the models are still in their bags.
Sent me a pic using only the most advance technology available so... yeah
>>
>>51315683
Looks like Reciprocators from the art on the card.
>>
>>51315683
well what does the card say?
>>
>>51315770
I really can´t tell, that´s why I posted it here
>>
>>51315097
It's my Una2 drop, and the animus plays well into Una2.
>>
>>51315902
Looks like it says reciprocators to me
>>
>>51316273
That's because you already know what it says.

If you really look, it's almost totally unreadable.
>>
>>51305520

Gobber Chef is a thing, really.
>>
>>51318025
It is, but all Xerxis2 really does is extend your threat ranges. Outside feat turn he doesn't make your shit any more dangerous.
>>
>>51319855
He does have two really good upkeeps and now has a lot of Fury to play with (4 if you take Despoiler, which you should anyway). If you're not facing a lot of guns you could Puppet Master him and get a very reliable Stranglehold out. Or you could just j-j-jam him in, kill a bunch of stuff and sprint back behind your beasts that are probably also up there.

Or if you play more gun-heavy (for example with a Mammoth) he can turn into a giant Krea aura bubble and protect you from counter-shooting.

There's a lot of options with him that of course depend on the matchup, but he actually does things now after the errata.
>>
>>51319885
Not saying Xerxis2 does nothing, I'm just sick of hearing people at my LGS talk about how broken he is. None of them know anything at all about Skorne, they're just operating under the assumption that FM +2SPD is broken.
>>
>>51319963
Yeah, he's in no way broken. He has a few small tricks (as I illustrated) and one really major one (as you stated) but that is it. He's no 2na or Haley3.
>>
>>51319979
>2na
>Broken
>laughing_agonizer_animus.jpg
>>
>>51320044
Ah I see you have no idea what 2na does.
>>
>>51320077
Stops your opponent scoring from an objective for a while?
>>
>>51320089
There's actually a pretty good writeup on the Skorne forums by a swedish player. Look it up. It's quite disgusting.
>>
>>51320099
of course, he's swedish.
>>
>>51320099
>Caring about shit you read on the official forums
They're actually filled with people worse at the game than /tg/.
>>
Any one have a copy of the new troll & menoth command book pdf?
>>
>>51312566

Yeah, I'd play the shit out of it. A merc list that makes Satyxis in-faction (Or god forbid, actual sea dog models) would be kinda amazing.

Likely something like:
Skarre + Shae + Fiona the Black + Theoretical Merc Satyxis Warcaster
Privateer Mercs + Satyxis Raiders + Satyxis Gunslingers + Satyxis Raider Captain (Not Blood Witches, as they are kinda a bit too literally babykilling for general pirate hiring).
Amphibious Cryx Jacks + Amphibious Merc Jacks

Makes Amphibvious Cryx jacks Merc jacks, Raider Captains are Privateers, Satyxis Raiders/Gunslingers are merc Privateer Sea Dogs. You seriously don't need anything else and will be damn happy with your tiny unit list, Satyxis Raiders with that sort of support is disgusting.

This is a silly suggestion but it's past midnight and it would be cool to see Satyxis in a merc list some time.
>>
>>51320126
Thanks I can separate writeups by good players from shit written by bad players. Where they post it doesn't matter. Could be fucking twitter for all I care.
>>
>>51312566
>a Merc "Llaelese" force that consists of a mix of mercs along with select Cygnar and maybe Protectorate units would be sweet. Depending on whether it's supposed to be a pre or post invasion Llalese force.
A post invasion theme could also see Khador forces working with Llalese mercs in the same way that the Milice worked with the Germans in WW2. That'd be pretty cool in my book.

Two Llase themes. One works with Cygnar, the other works with Khador, one wants to see Llase liberated, the other wants to raise their standing with the Khadorians to reclaim some political power and a form of independence, like Umbry.
>>
>>51320926
I mean you could've just posted the link to it.
>>
>>51320099
...link?
>>
>>51307250
>Circle is fine if you only want to play 2una, Wurmwood
I'm still slapping people around with my Krueger2 / Kromac2 pairing, not sure what you're going on about. Still playing Brad too, and he SUCKS (apparently). I guess just everyone I play is terrible though, that's probably the only explanation.
>>
>>51307200
It's a mix, for me. The expensive beasts in Circle.. man, they're expensive.. but they are almost all SO SO GOOD. Feral's still almost automatic for me. I do like the goats, but they're rarely the first beast in a list.

The nicest thing about the goats is they put us in a place where we can actually heavy trade, because they're cheap enough to give away. And each brings a little extra utility as well of course. Gnarlhorn is probably my fave so far.
>>
>>51307372
They're definitely the Lylyth2/Saeryn of the new edition. Remains to be seen. WW just got smacked with the errata bat a bit (probably needed), and 2na... I don't have a great answer yet, but I suspect there is one. She feels a lot like old Saeryn... just got to figure out how to crack that nut.

Full impact of the errata hasn't completely shaken out yet though, so no point in panicking. They might not even be that popular a month from now.
>>
>>51308689
>People who enjoy the game are too busy playing it and listbuilding and discussing it with friends to shitpost in threads.
Oversimplification, but yeah, a bit. Complaining about perceived balance problems is also a lot easier than practicing and getting better. A lot of people (by whom I mean - children, and adults with children brains) do not want to hear "It's not your list, it's you", because if they believed that then the onus for their losses would be on them, and they'd have to bear the responsibility of earning a win.
>>
>>51308689
>>51322720
There was an observation in our group that often the player saying "X is unplayable trash" was one of the weaker players, which led to an experiment. The complainer and another player would have a mirror match, with the only differences in the lists would be swapping the "OP" unit for the "trash" unit... Nihilators for Swordsmen was one we did, as a for-instance, as was longgunners v gunmages (both in Mk2). Thesis of the complainer would hold that this should be an insurmountable advantage, of course... but as you all probably can guess that was never the case.

When you get to the top of the game, all that theory - balance, metagame, list pairing and selection, etc - it all becomes very important. But it's a matter of degrees. All those things are just squeezing the last few percent performance out of an engine that's already tuned. For most of us mortals, we're much better served by regular old practice - getting unit spacing down, clock management, basic deployment and setup, and all the other "mundane" stuff - improves our game much faster (and more permanently) than anything we put in our list this week.
>>
>>51322820
Thank you anon. I know that I already knew this at some level, but I needed to hear it.
>>
>>51322865
>>51322820

Which isn't to say that a simple gear check- that is an actual gear check, not just an advantage- can short-circuit this across skill levels.

A mk2 Skorne anti-gunline build played by a good player could punch out a normal mk2 Cygnar list played by a great player. It's just how that stuff works.
>>
>>51321993
Oh. Well here you go:
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?267754-Una2-Lists-and-tacticts

The first post in the thread. Helps to know that the Swedish meta is fucking strong, so that lends some weight to his points.
>>
>>51321954

The issue there is that we don't have any quisling Lhaelese warcasters right now.
>>
What is the format called that's 3 Warlocks and their battlegroups only?
>>
>>51323842
0-point three-for-all?
>>
>>51323096
So he still hasn't realised that the Agonizer can dump fury on the birds and make half of them frenzy? Top lel "strong players".
>>
>>51324661
You realize the problems of that plan, right?
>>
>>51324730
A 10 bird list can't surround the Agonizer and still kill enough heavies to stop you murdering birds if you survive.
>>
>>51324730
It's still much better on the survival odds. You go from 3 attacks + bought attacks to one single attack.
>>
>>51324730

Repulsion to break the cage and get the fuck out there seems useful if it comes up, but I don't see a better plan than bunkering up and tanking like a mother-fucker that involves an agonizer activation.
>>
>>51324754
>>51324788
I mean, sure it's a great start, but it doesn't hardcounter the list.
>>
>>51324796
Nothing really hard counters anything in this game.
>>
>>51309799

You are totally correct.

>>51312633

>Cryx' undead also do not consist solely out of the techno-zumbies, but also the revenant crew and blackbanes raiders, which are zombie/ghost pirates, with no magitek at all.

And that should be the sub-faction theme. instead that have like, witch elves, which makes no sense.
>>
>>51324820
I don't know man, gunlines counter a lot of things pretty hard.
>>
>>51324820
I mean, that's assuming a modicum of skill in list building as well as playing. One tournament I was in a guy was listlocked into playing a Cygnar nonmagical gunline into my Amon list. Did not go well for him at all, I didn't lose a jack.
>>
>>51324935
>people who don't know the lore arguing about what makes sense and what doesn't
>>
>>51309799
You do realize that Satyxis are often one of the most commonly encountered Cryxian enemies, right?

Most of the pirating and raiding is conducted by them, and that's what most people think of when they think of Cryx in setting.

Them being in every list makes perfect sense from a fluff context.
>>
the cryx deck on the drive doesn't have the satyxis gunslinger, can someone help me out? and if there are others missing from the other decks those would be awesome too.
>>
>>51326364
They were post deck release. They are good.
>>
>>51324948
Choir of Menoth is the exception because they're a criminally broken unit.
>>
>>51323096
>10 griffons
I don't know how they do it in swecuck land, but most players do not run 10 griffons. Typically, only 6-8. 10 griffons is a gimmick list.

I am going to laugh in June when nothing happens to Una, because Una isn't the problem.
>>
>>51323842
I read something about a "Thunderdome" format, where it's just 3 warcaster/locks, with no jacks or units (even warcaster units only get the real caster). I think it had some flags to contest and so on, I don't remember much
>>
>>51324964
He does have a point though. Satyxis look radically different from the undead and I think the whole pirate thing isn't conveyed enough in most of the presentation going for Cryx.
Sure, it might be in the lore, but since this is also a highly visual hobby, the Satyxis aren't incorporated enough into the other Cryx themes
>>
>>51327661
>Implying PP know what the problem is
>>
>>51327262
Fuck off. They die to drifting blasts.
>>
>>51328262

Oh if only each and every model they could buff were to be handed Girded...
>>
>>51328160
They did enough with Mad Dogs.
Una won't have her feat touched (very unlikely but if they do, only the speed can be changed) and Scarsfell will go up 1 or 2 points. Maybe lose a STR.
>>
>>51327920
I've heard of it. The problem is, several different LGS's have come up with ideas to call Thunderdome. At my flgs, it's a caster + 1 non-character beast/jack in a free for all where every caster kill makes yours stronger.

Anyway, the thunder dome you're thinking of had all 3 casters as part of each others battlegroup, had no healing, was a free for all, and I think no way to win other than killing everyone else.
>>
>>51328415
Ok, real talk. I know what you're getting at - the flameguard themeforce.
However, that's not a really good point to make. The flameguard force is definitely the weaker theme and is restrictive enough that it won't see wide play, so it's definitely not applicable 100% of the time. Maybe around 10%.
Furthermore, the other dude is correct. If you bring some models that are good at hunting down support units, you'll most likely get those choir boys dead.
They are good and they do a lot, but you can get them and sometimes you can circumvent the buffs (straight out magical shooting or present an army that has some dangerous magical abilities and good shooting - you can't be immune to both). They're fine
>>
>>51328585

I've been running beast handlers forever; the problems are comparable, and they are being overstated.
>>
>>51327920
A circle zone, they play it at bigger conventions a lot.
>>
>>51327991

They fit the 'Pirate' theme fine. Cryx has 3 Major themes with it's models: Undead, Pirates, Dragonic Mutation. The Satyxis hit #2 and #3 right on the head.
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.