[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unusual systems for non-combat focused games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I like discussing systems that come up with cool stats / traits / attributes for things other than battling and adventuring in a fantasy world.

For example games / systems revolving around social interactions, building and managing a city or country, training pokemons, racing, even things like farming, or fishing, or blacksmithing!

So yeah, "interesting systems that nobody plays" general, I guess.
>>
File: 1482711317294.jpg (876KB, 863x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1482711317294.jpg
876KB, 863x1200px
Many games have an alcohol drinking sub-mechanic.
>>
>>51296554
>tfw nobody cares about a comfy city building game where players have to work together to decide what's best for the population.
>>
>>51296554
MAID rpg

that is all
>>
>>51296554
Monsterhearts

supernatural teenage drama, and the social rules are excellent
>>
I wish I had a list of prgs with good subsystems, because most of the time I have to homebrew shit, like that fatigue module for army games taht took me weeks to balance.

The 40k rpgs have a nice requisition mechanism.
Albedo and Unknown Armies have some of the best psychological damage system I've seen in games.
>>
>>51296554
I've been looking for a system to run a competitive evo style game where each player controls and selectively evolves their organisms to outsurvive each other. Anyone know anything that could fit that, or should I just theatre of mind it?
>>
I loved Nobilis back in the day. That was a setting where you played as gods trying to prevent the unraveling of the world. And considering that many beings you meet could eat nuclear explosions on the daily, straightforward combat wasn't really a thing in that.

Golden Sky Stories and Chuubo's are both good games for noncombat purposes.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.