[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_5662.jpg (96KB, 410x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5662.jpg
96KB, 410x326px
>What's your least favorite matchup?

>When's the last time you played in a competitive tournament?

>Do you prefer paper or online?

>What one card do you wish was printed in a standard set to use in Modern?
>>
>>51290645
Playing as Affinity I hated playing against Jeskai control. Electrolyze fucks my shit up.
Since before Eldrazi Winter.
I'm starting to prefer MTGO actually. I hate paying real money for digital cards, but I'm really enjoying playing whenever I want. Really the only paper I've been playing lately have been cubes. At least on MTGO I don't have to store thousands of trash commons and uncommons I got from drafts.
As much as I hate playing against it probably Counterspell. When I started playing years ago it was everywhere, and I've just gotten used to playing around it. At 2 blue it should be able to slide through standard without too much trouble, if they wait to design a more aggro oriented meta.
>>
Mirror matches with Tron, the person that starts first usually has the upper hand and wins unless he/she keeps a retarded hand.
Less than a month ago.
Paper, I play mostly to socialize.
None, I'd prefer wizards to simply reprint some hard to get cards so you don't get anuerysm trying to get them.
>>
>>51290645
Anything that can sideboard in Leyline of Sanctity because as of yet Neither Red or Black have enchantment answers in modern.
Probably a few months ago didnt do much won first two matchups and got curb stomped in the 3rd match and dropped
Paper MTGO is unusable trash.
Even though I have no blue decks probably Good ol Counterspell, Hymn to Tourach, or price of progress.
>>
I hope wizards print Berserk in standard set
I want to see infect decks winning consistently t2
and maybe the mechanis as a whole will see a ban
>>
>>51291054
>they put berserker on standard
>and ban it in modern
stop lying to yourself and git gud
>>
>>51291054
anon as much as I find infect distasteful Infect is necessary as a hard counter to tron. Also its not hard to beat if your on the play inquisition or thought will grab there creature.
However berserk in modern would be fun for zoo based decks
>>
>>51291141
>>51291134

Infect isn't hard to beat and there's a card that rapes it hard which was not even that long ago printed.

I just hate infect as a bullshit mechanic, that is all.
>>
Infect
A year? Almost a year.

Paper
Hymn to tourac
>>
Grixis and Jeskai Decks

I only played FNMs (only started 1 year ago)

Always paper. I don't care for bits, i enjoy collecting, meet people and sell/trade. The only reason I started playing this game was because I traveled around 5 hours per day to go to collegue and ended up having many period without classes and needed a distraction.

Probably would be the Zendikar Fetchlands, it's what avoid me to build some decks when the other ones costs only 1/3 or even 1/5.
I know if they printed it would be all Khan's super-expensive Standard again, so I pretty much aknowledge the unluckely possibility of this happening.

>Currently playing
Affinity (made it with Masterpieces (still waiting for the drop of price of the new ones) and Dredge (luckely they didn't ban Prized Amalgam).
In 1 year i tried many Modern Decks, and found this 2 to be my absolute favorite, mostly because the crazy shit i could do. I had: Merfolks (2 times), Green Devotion/Tooth&Nail, Living End, GR Tron, Affinity (also 2 times), Dredge (also 2 times), Bant Eldrazi, and sold Infect 3 days before the ban.
>>
>>51291413
I think you missed the point of the 4th question.
OP was asking what cards that aren't already in modern should be printed in a standard set and thus be legal in modern, like Brainstorm and Swords to Plowshares
>>
>>51291586
Oops my bad.

Hmm, don't know... " Unmask"? Probabily would hit the ban hammer in just 3 months.
>>
>>51291699
No worries. Zen fetches do badly need a reprint. It's highway robbery the prices they ask for them.
>>
>>51291892
Wasn't it like 70 bucks for ONE fetch or something ridiculous like that?
>>
>>51290645
>Least favorite matchup
Probably dredge because its entirely based on SB hate
>Last competitive tournament
A pptq like 4 months ago
>Paper or Online
Paper, nothing beats playing with real cards, and having matches against people in the flesh
>Standard to Modern card
Nothing
>>
I just discovered that with Natural Order, Arbor Elf and Utopia Sprawl i could cast a Worldspine Wurm on turn 2.
Then i discovered that Natural Order was banned.
Fuck.
>>
>>51292009
Last I checked Arid Mesa is hovering around 50 dollars, and it's the cheapest of the lot. Tarns are worth more than goyf on average
>>
File: cardart_Hrsrs9fBMI.jpg (189KB, 700x832px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_Hrsrs9fBMI.jpg
189KB, 700x832px
Does she see any play
>>
>>51292331
No.
>>
I have kind of a weird question. I'm playing RUG scapeshift here, but I want to change my deck. I have close to no money to buy into my other deck. Is there any easy way to basically sell my existing deck for another one, considering the two decks are equal on the average price tag?
>>
>>51292218
Last time i checked for Scalding Tarn it was standing for about 70-72 bucks a piece.
>>
>>51292417
Join your local magic Facebook group and see if anyone would be willing to 1 for 1
>>
Tron. I'm on Delver, and it's just unfun.

Little over 2 months ago.

Paper, Senpai. Gives me more time to think over decisions while i shuffle from a fetch.

Brainstorm, but it would be instantly banned.
>>
>>51292486
Here is two problems with that:

1. My local MTG facebook group is kind of empty and doesn't really have much emphasis on what I am trying to achieve. It's mostly article posting and discussion about the new sets.

2. The deck I'm trying to purchase is a bit unusual ( A certain version of vengevine, if you have a clue of what the deck is ). I imagine it's harder to get that sort of trade going for a deck that is rare, or not T1
>>
>>51292417
Your best bet is to find an acttlual person who has money and isn't a store owner who is willing to buy the deck off you for full price. Then go spend your newly acquired funds on scapeshift. No store (unless the owner is super based) is gonna buy your cards for full price
>>
>>51290645
Infect mirror or dredge vs Tron. I'm pretty sure Tron wins every game unless dredge hits the absolute nuts.
Never because I keep missing them, and there isn't much modern in my state.
Paper all day. I wish I never bought dredge to play online. Shit is super boring.
Stifle. That would make tempo pretty fucking real. Maybe RUG Delver would become a deck too.
>>
File: CabalTherapy.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
CabalTherapy.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>51290645
>>What's your least favorite matchup?
Tron

>>When's the last time you played in a competitive tournament?
Khans

>>Do you prefer paper or online?
Paper

>>What one card do you wish was printed in a standard set to use in Modern?
Cabal Therapy
>>
>>51292717
>Paper all day. I wish I never bought dredge to play online. Shit is super boring.

I know your pain. I bought into dredge online cuz its cheap not knowing that online is packed to shit with tron and not knowing that it is 8-12 tix to enter a league.
>>
>>51292717
If we had Stifle I'd play Rug Delver in a heartbeat.
>>
>>51290645

Mirror match with Soul Sisters/variants of it

I think it was the Grand Prix of 2015? That sounds about right, besides that I've just been doing FNM.

Paper definitely, I'm a filthy casual and it's fun to meet people and see affinity's faces when dropping stony silence + 3 ghostly prisons + kataki ( what do you mean you can't use white for everything? )

I haven't been playing that long desu, so I really don't have A card I want reprinted.
>>
>>51292509
>more time to think while I shuffle from a fetch
kek
>>
>>51290840
>MTGO is unusable trash
Why do you say this?
I know plenty of people that user it with no problem. You just a grandpa?
>>
>>51292717
RUG delver is a deck. I'd wager it's better than grixis delver.
It just costs a fortune and it's hard to play in comparison to another goyf deck called jund
>>
>>51293702
mostly shit eyesight on top of a poorly put together Graphical user interface and clunky client
>>
Tron
I only play online, no sweaty manchildren to deal with, no rules lawyering, play whenever I want, chess clock, can play every format I like, no need to buy sleeves and shit, I can sell/trade cards right away. The software is pretty buggy sure, but all in all MTGO is great.
False Cure I guess
>>
>>51293737
>RUG better than Grixis
Ok, guy. It's more fun than Grixis for sure, but lacks the raw versatility. Grixis can transition from trying to kill you on turn 4 to draw-go in a heartbeat. Rug can't really do the same.

Also, Tasigur>Goyf.
>>
>>51293639
But really, shuffling is relaxing. In a big match, taking a short break to shuffle and reevaluate can be huge.
>>
>>51294083
Also helps that you can see through your entire deck and go "goddamit it was at the bottom". Dunno if that's cheating tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (289KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289KB, 1920x1120px
edh pleb here

is my moon rabbit qt playable in this format
>>
>>51292717
Tron literally cannot beat Quarter+Loam and Karn does nothing, what the fuck?
>>
>>51292204
It was never legal
>>
>>51294221
Fringe maybe. You can jam something together and get wins against some decks.
>>
>>51294289
The issue is probably the amount of mainboard relics and sideboard ravenous traps/RIP tron runs in newer builds. Sure loam quarter conflag would beat tron but without good dredging in the first few turns it makes it hard to get damage in before wurmcoil hits the board
>>
>>51294049
You're wrong. Also tasigur is never going to surpass goyf.
>>
>>51294049
You've never played any version of delver before, have you?
>>
>>51294049
Now that probe is banned, I agree that Grixis is better than RUG

Tasigur will never be better than Goyf though
>>
>>51294289
>>51294428
Unless the lists have changed, Dredge doesn't really have the slots to play enough Ghost Quarters to guarantee hitting one. The mana constraints on the deck are extremely tight. You need to be able to produce B or R on turn 1 and RR, 1G, 1B, GB, and rarely 1U on turn 2. A colorless land can ruin you when you have constraints like that.
Tron switching to white also enables them to add Path, Rest in Peace, and Blessed Alliance. Ugin, Karn, and Path exiling remove your best threats from the game
The lifegain from Wurmcoil Engine and Blessed Alliance also allow them to stall you out.
All they have to do is land an Ugin and hold priority, and they win unless you have a Gargadon in play.
>>
>new Travis Woo video
>IS DESOLATOR MAGIC AUTISTIC?
kek
>>
>>51295250
>"Cryptolith rite is the 2nd best big mana generator ever printed and will break magic as we know it"

What did he mean by this?
>>
So I'm slowly dipping my foot into modern before fully jumping in. How viable are goblin decks in the format? Can I build one on a budget?
>>
>>51295403
They're good enough to blitz out certain decks, and they should be fairly cheap. They aren't really tiered or anything.
>>
Trying to spike a big tournament near me on Feb 4th. Should I bring RG Shift or Bant Eldrazi?
>>
>>51295403
Theres a deck called 8Whack, which is basically a gobbo deck. It should be pretty cheap, too, and can cheese out wins.

Also, there was an actual goblin deck floating around last year that was basically Fish, but for goblins. Never did anything, though.
>>
>>51295403
Not exactly a goblin deck but check out 8whack. Not to be confused with the older deck 8rack.
>>
>>51295472
Trawis Woo posted like 1-2 days ago quiet decent gobbo deck that can go out of control pretty easily.
>>
>>51295403
8 whack is the best you could do with goblins. Not that's it's awful, but you will lose more than win.
Alternatively, build mono green stompy. It's like $70 or so and a bit more competitive than goblins.
>>
Been trying out Naya Rallier, threw in Coco's and it's pretty decent
>>
>>51295639
Really? I'll have to look it up. I don't really follow the guy (mostly because I think anyone who plays magic is a huge tool) but I'll check it out.
>>
>>51295689
>mostly because I think anyone who plays magic is a huge tool

Then why the fuck are you even here?
>>
>>51295689
Travis is pretty cool, he gives off a weird cult leader vibe but he's a good player and has fun fucking with people
>>
>>51295705
Because I am also a huge tool who plays magic?

I don't understand the problem.
>>
Gobbos is probably a decent deck. It's just that it's too close to Burn. Though I do love me some Spike Jester. Not to mention that a tribal deck automatically starts at $320 because you need 4 Caverns.
>>
>>51294541
I exclusively play Delver. Modern Delver is exactly as I desceibed; an amalgamation of several other archetypes wrapped in a versatile shell. It's really only in legacy where it plays in a unique way.
>>
File: kitten.png (1MB, 1195x838px) Image search: [Google]
kitten.png
1MB, 1195x838px
>>51295730
Point taken.

Have a kitten.
>>
>tired of playing against grixis all fucking day
>decide to check on infect and see how well it holds up
>on the play
>great hand, drop hierarch turn 1
>Urza's Tower
>tfw drop agent on two
>Mine, pass
>turn 3 double mutagenic into a BI
>ragequits the match
I for one welcome our tron overlords
>>
File: 35566.jpg (851KB, 1610x783px) Image search: [Google]
35566.jpg
851KB, 1610x783px
ULTIMATE ENERGY
>>
I've play a few "duels" of MtG long ago. Recently I've become interested in it. I'd like to buy a few decks so I can play with me pals when they come over. I can get new Planechase anth. for ~100€. Is it worth for my needs or should I look into other decks?
Comimg from YGO btw
>>
>>51296868
I'm not sure this is the thread for you. Here we are talking about playing with 650-2000 dollar decks. A more appropriate thread isn't really up though.

I'd recommend just picking up a couple of duel decks. They are official decks from WotC made to be played against one another. They are cheap for an easy entry point, and playable at least. Modern is not a format where you want to start unless you want to put down some cash.
>>
>>51294159
its not cheating as long as you shuffle without cheating afterwards
>>
>>51294010
Isn't there a 3 mana enchantment that does the the same thing?
>>
I hardly ever see Elves mentioned in these threads. Why is it so unpopular?
>>
>>51297753
Because they kinda suck. It folds to removal in any forms pretty much.
>>
How do I even beat tron as hatebears?
>>
>>51298421
GQ leonin arbiter. It's not hard.
>>
>>51298421
Sell bad cards and buy good ones.
>>
>>51290728
>At least on MTGO I don't have to store thousands of trash commons and uncommons I got from drafts.

>storing them
>not leaving them on the table as you leave and just taking anything you know is cool or you might use

u daft?
>>
>>51298739
I mean I have other decks to play but I liked death and taxes in legacy. Turns out it's kind of mediocre in modern.
>>
>>51298780
Who woulda thunk?
Take the good cards out of a deck and it becomes bad
>>
>>51294289

Are you retarded?

>Tron is on 2
>spend your t3 mana (on the play no less) ghost quartering and cast a 2 drop maybe
>Tron is on 3
>spend your t4 loam quartering and play.. another 2 drop?
>Tron is on 4 and can freely cast it's shit digging for more Tron pieces

Tron might not be able to get Tron online but every turn you ghost quarter is a turn you're behind vital mana and Tron is up one. Maybe you can get them out of basics and strip mine them eventually but by then they're hard casting wurmcoils and you're at 2-3 mana still.
>>
>>51298885
>spend your t4 loam quartering and play.. another 2 drop?

I take it back, your loam is your two drop.
>>
Fair reminder that people who hate tron are the reason we will never see a real control deck in modern. Tron basically plays the control game, denying threats to opponents. Real control decks do the exact same thing as tron and would be hated once people played against them.
>>
>>51299426
Tron apologists are just as bad as Tron players
>>
>>51299426
Kys
This is fucking terrible bait
>>
>>51298421
Ghost Quarter + Leonin Arbiter
>>
File: 1482227029552.jpg (116KB, 964x964px) Image search: [Google]
1482227029552.jpg
116KB, 964x964px
>>51299426
>tronbabby saying his deck is "basically control"
O I am laffin
>>
>>51299584
Imagine going to the bank and suddenly a bunch of robbers hit it while wearing emoji ski masks.
>>
Which one is more fun to play, Infect or Bogles?
>>
>>51299773
Bogles has no play to it. Just slap auras on your guy and swing
There isn't really anything you do to interact with an opponent or help yourself
>>
>>51299773
The only enjoyment you will get out of Bogles is from lapping up all the salty burn player tears. other than that its really boring.
>>
Mill because I love enchantment hate
Fifteen years ago
Mirror Universe
>>
>>51299856
Hang on, is Bogles favored vs. Burn?

As a burnfag I have literally never lost to Bogles. I just hold up ACommand/Skullcrack and side in deflecting palm. Is it really that favored for Bogles?
>>
>>51290645
Jund, which is odd(?) because Burn should have a pretty good match up against Jund. I just have the worst luck ever
January 7th. Face to Face has a 2k Modern event on the first Saturday of every month. I usually end up scrubbing out by round 5 tho
Paper. Online is only for shitbrewing with friends
Sulfuric Vortex. Because I'm a salty fag who hates lifegain and wants every match to end with +20 minutes on the clock so I can go to subway and get something to eat.
>>
>>51299430
Its true. Once modern players start playing against real control decks, they will quickly be hated like Tron is. Tron plays in the exact same way as a control deck.
>>
>>51300069
Stop. Nobody is falling for this
>>
>>51299609

>emoji ski masks for payday

Fund it
>>
>>51299913
Hexproof, first strike dudes make it really hard to get attackers through.
And they run Spirit Link, which will make you cry like a bitch if they slap it on your Eidolon.
Palms in the side are great, but unless that palm is lethal the next strike is gonna completely undo that last hit.
Plus Bogles tends to attract rules lawyering faglords, that make hasty burn players rip their hair out.
>>
>>51300069
There are four control decks in modern, and none of them are fucking tron.
>>
>>51300203
Well there is U-tron. its mostly a control deck, that wins via an infinate combo.
>>
>>51300234
I guess that's true.
The others that I thought of were Grixis, Lantern, Mardu Nahiri, and Jeskai Nahiri. I guess Sun and Moon could count if that was more prevalent.
>>
File: 147.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
147.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>51290645
What's your least favorite matchup?
Ad Nauseaum; fuck that deck

Last Summer, went 3-4

online, no smell

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh
>>
Imagine casting Enlisted Wurm and cascading into Garruk, Primal Hunter.
>>
>>51300311
Holy smokes! Go away..
>>
I think i have the most retarded idea for modern land destruction deck.

>G/R deck
>Isochron Scepter
>Boom // Bust
>Darksteel citadels
>mana dorks and opals
>burn spells and wipes for convenience
>enchantment/artifact hate
>>
>>51300631
I think you should play modern a bit more
>>
>>51300631

okay, build it post list
>>
Been trying out Grixis Goryo's with the red expertise card and Breaking // Entering, replacing Through the Breach, and adding in two old ulamogs for additional targets.
It's pretty sweet essentially through the breaching in a creature on turn 2 with the expertise combo, and it's nice that you can reanimate a Griselbrand if you discarded it a turn earlier if you bust on the breaking. The fact that the creature stays in play is also fucking great, pretty sweet deck.
>>
>>51300292
U/W control does pretty well, it's the only control deck with the tools to beat tron.
>>
>Playing grixis delver
>Best friends play elves and Naya zoo
>Can't seem to kill or counter enough things to stop them
What do? I feel like I need multiple copies of a boarding in sideboard to even compete.
>>
>>51300631
Boom//Bust is a fucking sorcery you dolt.
>>
>>51301162
Boardwipe*
>>
>>51301162
>I feel like I need multiple copies of a boarding in sideboard to even compete.
yeah, kinda
>>
>>51301162
Anger of the gods or explosives my dude. Neither are great with your delvers, but hey, if you wanna beat your friends you gotta do something.
>>
>>51301208
Any recommendations besides anger of the gods? Double red is tedious to get and exiting my stuff screws delve
>>
>>51290645
Tron

Been awhile.

Paper. Fuck modo.

Swords to Plowshares. Path is nice but I'd rather have StP in Norin Sisters.
>>
>>51301228
Like the other guy said, EE is probably your second best bet. I've seen Grixis control lists run Languish but that sounds way too slow
Could be how you're playing the matchup as well and whether or not you're running fatal push. I've been playing against a metric assload of Grixis Control/Delver online with various Zoo brews and Push is seriously a fucking pain in the ass
>>
>>51301278
Good to know, I was considering taking out 2 terminates for 2 pushes. I'm trying to get creative now, what is your opinion on agony warp?
>>
>play ad nauseam and tron
Are there any decks that people hate playing against more than these two?
>>
>>51301344
Lantern
>>
>>51301330
Why run agony warp when Fatal Push exists?
It's seriously such a nutty card against anything that isn't running Primeval Titan or Reality Smasher. 1 black is so much easier on mana than terminate or agony warp.

>>51301344
Lantern
>>
Are these energy fucking shit the worst mechanic to ever exist? It's honestly fucking retarded
>>
>>51301387
Dynavolt tower's pretty cool at least.
>>
>>51301378
In addition to fatal push. Potential 2 for 1 imo? Idk, I'm foolishly trying to find some hidden gem lol
>>
>>51301387
It was fine but poorly managed. We might get more energy cards in the future though, so maybe it'll become viable somewhere
>>
>>51301398
>3 mana do nothing card
>cool
>>
>>51301412
I'm just sad that they could have made it actually interesting but instead they just made it fucking shit, like there is no way to spend an energy counter that I actually want to do
>>
>>51301415
Yeah, for casual stuff.
>>
>>51301426
Yeah it's pretty uninteresting, one of the big problems was that they wanted energy to be spendable by cards that create them, which basically meant that energy could never do anything really busted.
I think paradox engine might legitimately be bustable though, no idea what you could do with it though
>>
so i want to get into modern, and although i haven't tested many decks, i really really like merfolk, considering i don't have the money for anything super duper expensive (i know merfolk isn't budget, but it's not like jund or something )

so my question is, should i build merfolk? what are the pros and cons of the deck?
what's the best list?

also other budget modern deck recommendations would be cool
>>
>>51301477
Yeah paradox engine is not """"bustable"""" maybe in edh or something retarded
>>
>>51301521
nnnnooooooooo
It's not in a good spot right now and tribal decks don't really ever get any support, meaning that there's not really any chance that it's ever really going to get better than it is right now.
The next best cheap deck to play is RG scapeshift, you can build it for about 450, which is cheaper than merfolk, and it's cheaper if you go with less Scapeshifts which is perfectly viable. It's also pretty well positioned and does well against a lot of top decks, and there's a good amount of play to it to keep it from getting boring.
If you don't mind being bored out of your skull, Ad Nauseam is another good option. Warning: if you play the deck too much you start to feel like the guy on the card
>>
>>51301521
What's your idea of budget? Let me just tell you anything under 500 is literally unplayable fucking trash
>>
>>51301575
i thinking maybe sticking to decks around merfolk's price
>>
>>51301560
>not playing 4 of scape shift in a fucking red green deck with no draw
Wow wow wow wow we got a real fucking retard here, oh my how could he be such a retarded man wowza wow hmmmmmm of fuck my ass booii
>>
>>51301603
So about a grand?
>>
>>51301625
what? the list i was looking at is like 600 bucks
>>
>>51300631
Just play a boomerang deck.
>>
>>51299773
Neither is fun. I tried many decks, including those 2
>>
File: 236.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
236.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
noob question: In order to make the best use of this thing, you would need another card to untap it, correct?
>>
>>51301692
no, just activate it with another land
>>
>>51301637
Well that's a very suboptimal list
>>
>>51301603
Wait a bit to see if Dredge is still kicking. I found that deck to be very fun to play and it's rather cheap (specially at the moment after the ban).
>>
>>51301717
Ok, so if you want to buff it you have to tap it. But if it's tapped it can't attack...right?
>>
>>51301734
You just play 4 of them.
>>
>>51301734
yes but you're not trying to buff it and active it with just one Blinkmoth
>>
>>51301734
You can buff it with other Blinkmoths, but nobody ever uses the third ability
>>
>>51301692
Only deck it's played in is affinity
>>
>>51301742
>>51301745
So you are trying to make a 5/5 flier by tapping eight cards?

Sorry if I sound good im just trying to see what is so good about this card.
>>
>>51301772
you're not trying to make a 5/5 flier

you're trying to make an 8/1 flier with Cranial Plating
>>
>>51301772
It's a land that turns into a flying artifact creature for 1 mana
>>
>>51301772
It's played in affinity. It's a land that can help drop out more creatures on turn 1, and then become a creature on turn 2 and swing in for extra damage.
When it's animated, it counts as an artifact as well, so your cranial plating get bigger.
>>
>>51301772
It counts as an artifact for cranial plating and mox opal and serves as another for affinity to move their counters around with arcbound ravager for a finishing blow. They also have a creature with battlecry and a creature that gives all of your creatures counters. You use it to play shit early then turn it sideways later.
>>
>>51301809
aaah it all makes sense now. Sometimes these cards dont make any sense without knowing how they relate to other cards
>>
>>51301843
>doesn't understand that artifacts go good with other artifacts
Intradesting
>>
>>51301560
>>51301521
I've played ad nauseam for years, still not bored with it. The deck is very nuanced and requires a lot of subtle skills in order to do well with it.
>>
>>51301940
That's cute you think this
>>
>>51301940
>subtle skills
Like what, not playing against discard?
>>
>show up to fnm again after months of not going
>there's 2 8rack decks, mono-red burn, and bogles

I have infect and delver. What do I do against these decks?

I beat bogles, naturally, but I never have enough protection to save me from smallpox and 10 bolts.
>>
>>51301961
>>51301955
Starting with a more basic skill, knowing when to use spoils of the vault. Not just to get an ad nauseam, but when its worthwhile to get other cards as well. Knowing how to win the mirror. No simian spirit guide is not the answer. Knowing how to win around hate cards like Eidolion of Rhetoric. Knowing when to combo off, even if it wouldn't lead to a win on that turn. Knowing when to cast ad nauseam for value.

The list goes on.
>>
>>51302181
How do you not get bored of playing the deck ad nauseam
>>
anybody like rogue decks here?
>>
>>51301521

Merfolk is not a tier 1 deck, but it does not mean it cannot win. The benefit is that people rarely if ever hate on it, and definitely do not SB for it.

It takes a bit more to play it than it seems so it will take a bit to get used to it. That's not to say you can get early lord fueled, islandwalk wins, it does happen.

It has an involved community, various forums for it.

The down sides are that it has an awful matchup vs affinity and you're not really getting anything for other decks so if you want to go somewhere else you have to go all out.
>>
>>51301692
>>51301692
You can actually turn it into a creature, block with it, and in response to the block you can use it's tap ability to make it a 2/2 blocker.
If you run Mutavaults, another similar land, the Mutavault can count as a Moth for the activation.

Of course most people just run both Blinkmoths and Inkmoths for maximum Moth playz
>>
I've been thinking about transition my Fish into a more Blue Moon style fish deck with 4 Seas Claim and 4 Spreading Seas, but idk what aspects are cutable.
>>
>>51302397
There used to be a memedeck called Eminent Domain. It had no fish in it, but it did have a whole bunch of Seas, Annex and Frost Titan.
>>
>>51302258
any spicy esper rogue decks out there?
>>
>>51302502

That sounds hilarious, actually. However, I have Fish and love playing it, but I couldn't help but note how much Spreading Sea's fucked my opponent. That gave me the idea of like 3-4 Claims, too.
>>
>>51302567
>However, I have Fish and love playing it,
How?
I bought it on a whim months ago and it is so stale already
>>
File: Mystical Teachings_TSP.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mystical Teachings_TSP.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>51302518
In light of Fatal Push I've been tinkering with an Esper Teachings list modeled around Wafo's old Extended deck.

This is where I currently am:

Creatures: 3
1 Snapcaster Mage
1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
1 Torrential Gearhulk

Instants: 28
4 Fatal Push
4 Spell Snare
1 Surgical Extraction
1 Path to Exile
4 Mana Leak
1 Blessed Alliance
4 Esper Charm
1 Anguished Unmaking
3 Cryptic Command
3 Mystical Teachings
1 Consume the Meek
1 Sphinx's Revelation

Other Spells: 4
4 Ancestral Vision

Land: 25
4 Creeping Tar Pit
4 Polluted Delta
4 Flooded Strand
3 Watery Grave
2 Hallowed Fountain
3 Island
1 Swamp
1 Plains
1 Glacial Fortress
2 Tectonic Edge

Sideboard: 15
3 Thoughtseize
1 Extirpate
1 Dispel
1 Negate
1 Celestial Purge
1 Disenchant
1 Rest for the Weary
1 Timely Reinforcements
3 Damnation
1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
1 Grave Titan
>>
I have 4 Ancestral Visions rotting away in my binder. What's the best deck to utilize them?
>>
>>51302596

I like how explosive it gets, and how consistent it is. I have simple tastes and don't get to play too often.
>>
>>51302567
I used to run some Seas-related tech for when the Drazi were rampant, IMHO Sea's Claim is unreal tech as well against Burn.
Against Burn it's basically a one mana land destruction since they have no colourless symbols in the manacost of their shit.
I would highly recommend trying out some Claims somewhere in the 75.

I think I saw Ms Mulligan run a fairly orthodox fish build with both seas in it too.
>>
>>51302732
Ya know what, fair enough. I jam way too many games. I think that's my issue.
>>
>>51302141
git gud. Like all of those decks are sub optimal, you should be able to beat them with a proper infect list if you know how to play.
>>
>>51302773
You should try a solitaire deck, no joke. I have similar deck adhd and while I do enjoy something like burn every now and then for a different playstyle, Extra Turns always entertains me.
Depends if you enjoy play Solitaire I guess. #MahjongTheGathering COMBROS WW@
>>
>>51302667
shardless bug
>>
>>51302853
Let me see your turns list senpaitachi
>>
File: 1374_10E_Timestop_foil.jpg (117KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
1374_10E_Timestop_foil.jpg
117KB, 300x419px
Hi guys. This deck was one I threw together a while ago since I had the cards and wanted to show them off. Recently came back to magic and realized it's a shit deck and I was hoping for some help on making it not entirely shit.

I'd like to keep most of it and get it to a functioning deck instead of just 60 cards. I know I can cut the artifacts, probably the enchantments (since no synergy) and some of the lands but I have no idea what to add to make it work.

Any advice is appreciated. Card explanations are green texted at the bottom.

Creature (12)
4x Serra Sphinx
4x Serra Angel
2x Frost Titan
2x Sun Titan

Sorcery (1)
1x Worldpurge

Instant (7)
3x Psionic Blast
4x Time Stop

Enchantment (4)
4x Steel of the Godhead

Artifact (8)
4x Fieldmist Borderpost
4x Azorius Signet

Land (28)
6x Plains
6x Island
4x Urza's Mine
4x Urza's Power Plant
4x Urza's Tower
4x Nimbus Maze

>Titans are foil promo's
>Serra's are waifu's. I know Baneslayer is objectively better.
>Timestops are foil 10th ed. Pic related.
>Worldpurge is foil and in there because I only have 3 Psionic blasts.
>Nimbus Mazes because I have them and I like the art.
>>
>>51302757

Yea, I ran a one of during the EoE dark times that let me steal two FNMs from people who were not expecting fish.

Against Burn, yes. It's sick, especially because they so heavy into Naya that they're running Nacatl. Dropping Seas onto a Foundry is petty fantastic, and a T1 Claim could be a game ender against something as explosive as fish.

Speaking of fucking burn, I also need to get Chalices, too. T1 Claim, T2 Chalice for 1 is pretty much game over at that point, right?

Anyway, I'll see what I can do, and keep an eye on that list, too. Thanks.
>>
File: 1473466536118.jpg (4KB, 188x212px) Image search: [Google]
1473466536118.jpg
4KB, 188x212px
>Smuggler's Copter BTFO from Standard
>now Standard fags made the price for Heart of Kiran skyrocket
Oh BOY
>>
File: 1423519475746.gif (537KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1423519475746.gif
537KB, 500x281px
>>51303187
how much are you willing to spend? How competitive are you trying to make it?
If I wanted to make a deck I think would d well at FNM I would go closer to a mono-U tron style deck
>cut borderpost for expedition map
>cut signet for talisman of dominance
>replace instants/sorceries with repeal and condescend
>replace steel of the godhead with path to exile
>replace nimbus maze with 3x seachrome coast, 1x adarkar wastes
>go to 3x islands 1x plains 1x GQ
I really wouldn't use frost titan even if he is foil, I just think he sucks and I'd rather have 2 spellskites here
sun titan is good, adding ghost quarter and spellskite makes him better
I would only keep 1 playset of Serra(probably sphinx because of landbase) and add serum visions for more card draw

if I don't know how to count and that ain't 60 cards add whatever the fuck you want my man
>>
>>51292394
>>51292331

yes, fringe play in 'esper transcendent'. Card just spiked like 100% thanks to SCG article on the deck
>>
>>51297557
There is but it doesn't work as well with kavu predator
>>
>>51299913
Spirit Link on Eidolon is good.
>>
>>51292513
Why are you trading a real deck for unplayable T17 ultra-jank?
>>
>>51292204
You can do t1 elf
Turn 2 sprawl into garruk into overgrowth
Turn 3 tooth and nail and cast any 2 creatues from you hand or deck
>>
>>51303923

More like WtC kicked out copter to shill their new shiny mythic to sell more packs.
>>
>>51298885
Beats can be done with Narco Amalgam Ghasts, you don't need to resolve anything after your enabler, on the play you can mom hug t2 without fear. Tron plays max 2 basics so they can never hardcast even a Wurmcoil under a quarterloam lock.
>>
>>51305138
I shouldnt say cast, tooth and nail just puts them on the battlefield. Xenagos and emrakul = turn 3 30/30 flying haste annihlator spagetti monster
>>
>>51305210
>they printed shock instead of bolt
copter was born to die and it had its lifespan extended there was no good way to remove it and its dogshit that the best removal spell they printed was the only good way to take care of it. Im glad i sold mine for 30 bucks.
>>
>>51305695
Bolt is too powerful in Draft and current Standard.
>>
>>51295250
Desulator made a meltdown video.
Rather hilarious since he is so sure that "netdeckers" are mad about him and want to ruin him.
>>
>>51305972
Shit spewing like this is why they had to ban cards.
>>
Is spirit tribal a thing yet?
>>
File: 1430542201749.gif (737KB, 117x186px) Image search: [Google]
1430542201749.gif
737KB, 117x186px
>>51306103
Just watched it, I refuse to believe he's trolling at this point.
>>
>>51302667
Play grixis control, run them along the new 4 mana spell that let's you cast a free 3 mana spell.
Just think of the value, casting that dead AV in your hand on turn 5, or getting a free Lilly out after wiping the board.
Hell you can nuke a board full of merfolk lords by casting anger off of it.
>>
>>51306390
yaheenis expertise
>>
>>51298764
I buy boxes to draft with friends at home. Since we draft at my house my wife wouldn't appreciate me leaving cards and wrappers all over the dinner table.
>>
>>51298885
>What is vial
>>
>>51290645
Depends on what I'm playing.

I played in 3 PPTQs last summer. Top 8'd two of them.

Paper.

Riftstone Portal.
>>
>>51299893
>Mill because I love enchantment hate
This makes no sense. Please explain.
>>
>>51301387
Is it used in Modern?
>>
>>51301772
>Sorry if I sound good im just trying to see what is so good about this card.
It taps for mana and turns into a 1/1 artifact creature. What more do you want?
>>
>>51301407
Agony Warp isn't completely unplayable in a metagame with a lot of aggressive decks because in addition to being removal, it also buys time by saving you damage but for two mana I think terminate is just better
>>
>>51301758
You cannot even begin to grasp the amount of free wins I've got as an Affinity player thanks to retardation like the one displayed in this post. People ALWAYS fucking forget the pump and what's worse they forget Inkmoth is also pumpable. Even at competitive events. It baffles my fucking mind.
>>
>>51306389
>38 minutes of crying into his mic while playing command and conquer
>"I don't care though, I just ignore the haters."
>>
What do you guys think about The Professor? (The TCC dude). Him and Rudy from Alpha Investments are the only decent MTG youtubers that I still follow
>>
File: 76.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
76.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>51307056
Pic I presume
>>
>>51307384
God, he's a trainwreck. It's like /tg/'s shitty version of Chris-chan
>>
>>51307487
I like TCC. I would dislike Rudy but he legitimately loves the game
>>
>>51307542
Straight UB milll is a lot better than Spinx's Tutelage mill.
>>
With the Banning of gravetroll do you believe that the sideboard hate will come out and Melira Coco can come back? I don't know much about the currecnt modern meta game :(
>>
>>51308177
Unfortunately Dredge is barely hurt at all.
>>
>>51302518
not especially, but a simic combo deck based on the devoted druid quillspike combo with leechbonder. it's both good and jank
>>
>>51308177
Coco is still playable even with the current meta. Play enchantment hate you nerd. Main deck pridemages

>>51308263
That combo is better in sultai so you can take advantage of spicy tech like necrotic ooze.
>>
Serious question to the people that play infect: Do you actually have fun with that deck at all? I've played against it with tokens and midrange and neither is a terrible match up in my opinion but god damn I still can understand why people play this unless they want to shit on tron
>>
>>51308346
It's kind of like being a sniper in an FPS, it fun whether you get free kills vs AFKers (Tron) or have to fight through harassment (midrange/control). One-shot kills with multiple layers of protection against lots of interaction is the best at turn 5-10, but killing Scapeshift who suspended Search on turn 2 is fun as well.
>>
>>51307377
To be fair there can be a lot of shit going on at the same time on the Affinity side of the board. Most folks can't follow five or six things at once- tap this and that for mana, sac this, play this, equip this, activate this, attack, Pump that, move this over here, sac all that....
>>
Have you guys sold your MTGO collections yet? There's a new client coming, and WoTC has been unwilling to confirm that they'll keep the market as is, which they probably would have done by now if they really intend to keep things as they are. There's a very good chance that they'll go for a system of free cards akin to that of Hearthstone, which would make all the current collections worthless. I've already sold pretty much all my stuff, and I advise you to do the same. If one of the big botchains start dumping their stuff, it'd be too late. Prices are already going down quickly. Better safe than sorry, lads.
>>
>>51308542
Don't you have to pay for hearthstone card packs or something?

This seems like fearmongering.
>>
>>51308645
You can buy hs packs using gold and you can earn gold by doing your daily quest
>>
Hold up hold up i have to spend 100+ for a deck likely to get easily countered?
>>
>>51308346

I do genuinely enjoy it. Having the occasional free win is fine, but when you really play the deck, and have to slow roll it, deciding when to do 1 or 2 or go all in, I find it enjoyable. Playing around hate, deciding when to keep protection or use it ect. Anyone can pump to 10 turn 2 or 3, it's when you have to play a longer game or are forced to play around hate thay separates actual infect players from those seeking an easy time. I also play the deck in legacy as well, so maybe it's just me.
>>
>>51308865
No. Fuck off retard
>>
>>51308865
Just like standard.

Or any format besides pauper :^)
>>
>>51308865
>100+
Poorfags need not apply
>>
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Snapcaster Mage
2 Vendilion Clique
4 Thing in the Ice
4 Serum Visions
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Vapor Snag
4 Remand
4 Disrupting Shoal
1 Deprive
1 Redirect
3 Psionic Blast
3 Cryptic Command

3 Scalding Tarn
1 Polluted Delta
1 Flooded Strand
1 Misty Rainforest
2 Mutavault
1 Prairie Stream
9 Island

1 Redirect
3 Hurkyl's Recall
3 Commandeer
3 Vedalken Shackles
2 Hibernation
2 Geist of Saint Traft
1 Jace Beleren

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gpind16/mono-blue-delver-snapdelverthing-with-arthur-fusco-2016-08-28

I feel like recreating something like this without probes, any idea what I could change? I don't feel TitI is as nice without gits, maybe I could up the cliques to 4, and run maindeck geist or babyjace.
>>
>>51309036
Shit i wouldnt spend more
>>51308924
Naw suck a cock
>>
>>51304151
>How competitive are you trying to make it?
Right now I see it as a no functioning wreck and I would like to get it up to midsized sedan, if that makes sense.

Thanks for the advice also. I would like to keep the Timestops and Nimbus mazes so that messes up the mana base a bit.

I will probably start with cutting some lands and the borderposts for a some card draw. If I have enough Talismans I will swap them out.
>>
>>51309247
The only MtG constructed format where you can spend 100$ and end up with a functional deck is Pauper (or Peasant).
>>
So if I don't have an address for mail can I get my cards from a LGS?

How does that work? Do you just ask to browse a box or do you have to slip him a note with all the names you want?
>>
>>51309541
No gaming stores play Pauper though so what's the point?
>>
>>51309550
You go up and ask the LGS because every store is different
>>
>>51309564
Talk to your locals and convince them to get pauper decks, then talk to your store and convince them to host pauper once a month or so.
>>
>Frontier is getting side events at the GP

DEAD FORMAT WALKIN'
>>
>>51310078
>Vendors want in on the meme cash
No shit you retard
>>
>>51310078
So did tiny leaders. Where's that format now?
>>
Who is the worst modern player to ever grace /tg/? The guy who thought Modern had commanders, or the classic counter everything and sphinx rev for 15 deck.
>>
>>51310852
Ash mtgo
>>
>>51310078
I hope it takes off, since I never sold my KtK shit. I still have Jeskai Black sleeved.
>>
>>51306272
It's been a thing since EMM you dingus
>>
>>51306272
bant spirits you dolt
>>
is dredge over? should I just not play modern anymore?
>>
>>51312757
Why the fuck would it be over? The main engines are still in place.
>>
I'm going to waste my lunch money on an Aether Revolt box and there's nothing you can do to stop me
>>
>>51312990
Your lunch money is $100?
>>
Anyone else been playing infect? Still feels pretty good. Jund matchup got a fuckload worse which sucks since it was already pretty bad but you can still do well against a lot of other decks.
Decided to go for Slip Through Space since the 1 damage doesn't matter too much and the cycle is pretty necessary against discard based decks, plus is hits the yard right away which can be crucial sometimes. Went down to 2 BI, up to 4 Groundswell, kept 4 Blossoming and 1 Apostle's Blessing. Might be too much but without a peek effect and with more jund and abzan running around and the probably resurgence of burn I'd rather have redundancy with those effects than not.
Done alright, still assfucks tron which is nice
>>
>>51312805
Golgari grave troll is not in place desu senpai
>>
>>51312757
Well you have the risk of fizzling because you draw 4 instead of 6 and you can't just drop 10/10 Trolls over a Cage so take your pick.
>>
To be 100% honest I don't think dredge needed to get banned at this time, wasn't even 10% of the meta. Debate me
>>
Honestly wish they didn't print the damn Expertise cards. They're already busted with the fuse cards.

Turn 2 Emrakul? Why not?
Turn 2 Beck/Call? Why not?
>>
>>51314594
>imblign anyone is going to run that successfully
>>
>>51314594
They're alright but Kari Zev's needing a target can backfire pretty hard. Could be my build though
>>
>>51314721
>run that combo
>mill yourself and waste 2 cards for like 2 damage half the time
Sick bro
>>
>>51314757
Or you can end up with a turn 2 emrakul with haste that stays in play, or if you discarded Griselbrand the turn prior you can have that in play too
I've played it and it's fairly consistent, fuck off cunt
>>
Ok so the store owner sold me a guys box because he was slow. He got garbage pulls n I got Tez and invention with other good like fatal push. Should I feel bad? That couldve been me
>>
>>51314651
It's not hard. I've gone up against it several times already.
Pack the deck with expertise, dorks, spirit guides and busted fuse cards and you pretty much can't miss. It's quite consistent.
>>
>>51314860
You should feel bad because you're buying boxes to crack.
>>
>>51314860
Not really because you also basically got hot garbage
>>
>>51314917
What colors and what expertise? And how is it better than any other combo deck?
>>
>>51314970
not that guy but I've been running in Grixis goryo's instead of the through the breach and it's basically a better through the breach since you get to keep the card, you can reanimate anything in your yard and it lets you dig pretty deep for it.
>>
>>51314952
I counted up my cards and hit good actually. Compared to him Im laffing.
>>
Hey, I gave up on Magic years ago and I have friends who play Magic so I was thinking about making myself a modern deck just to play with them. Are Shadow Over/Eldritch Moon good editions? I like the Lovecraftian concept.
>>
>>51315016
wrong thread
>>
>>51315022
There is no other thread
>>
>>51314986
>better through the breach
What about the fact that it requires 2 cards and does not give haste and the other part of the card is literally hot garbage?
>>
>>51315038
>requires 2 cards
so does through the breach in a sense
And it does give haste, fucking retard
>>
>>51315038
What about the fact you're an idiot?
Is a free emrakul or griselbrand not good? It's fucking turn 2. Even if you whiff it's not the end of the world.
Not to mention you can hit beck/call. 4 flyers and a refill on cards is a pretty good whiff.
>>
>>51315016
Not really man.
Want a good cheap deck? Go either mono green stompy (around $70) or mono red burn.
Want a cheap deck that will win every now and then? 8 whack goblin
>>
>>51290645
God do I ever hate Wizard's website. I can't ever find shit on it.

Hey guys. I hear there are no Modern tours coming up (surprise surprise) - but I also hear there is goddamn frontier?
Any of this true?
>>
>>51314276
The deck is more than GGT.
>>
>>51315165
think its jsut like a GP side event, nothing big and its unofficial
>>
>>51315168
Yes but people wont be playing dredge much because it's boring. Players liked the power behind the deck and resiliency.
Without GGT the deck isn't as oppressive.
>>
>>51314651
Considering that /tg/ is bad at magic, it probably will be tier 0.
>>
Why do decks run thought scour over faithless looting? Is it the instant speed?
Other than that doesn't looting bin just as many cards but you don't feel like shit because you scoured cards you needed?
>>
>>51315259
Looting is for discarding specific cards, like dredgers or reanimator targets. The decks that run Scour run snapcasters and delve cards so turning over cards is still useful to them, and it's instant speed and gets 2 cards in the yard plus cycles itself. It's far more useful in the decks that it's in than looting
>>
>>51315259
Thoughtscour doesn't remove cards from your hand besides itself (which it replaces)
>>
Is standard really so unpopular that it can't keep a thread?
>>
>>51315297
yes
fuck standard
t. played standard
>>
>>51315297
A lot of people just had their decks banned or severely weakened.
A lot of standard players don't feel like dropping the money for another deck after that.
>>
>>51315329
>tfw got torrentials at 10 a piece
>>
Give me one good reason not to build Lantern.
>>
>>51316606
It isn't fun to play against, so only play it if you only play FNMs or other tournaments, since you won't be able to get friendly matches.
>>
>>51316606
Takes a really long time, and nobody likes the guy who makes every last fucking round go to turns.
Wouldn't you rather go get something to eat in between rounds?
>>
>>51316606
Honestly wait to see if Affinity gets dominant. If affinity goes crazy they probably ban Opal, and banning Opal really is bad news bears for lantern. I think now is the time if any where affinity will get either tier zero or not, and if it does get too good then hold off on it. This is coming from a guy who just finished foiling his deaths shadow deck he'd had for 3 years.
>>
>>51316793
this tbqh
I loved having 30 minutes in between rounds to fuck around
>>
>>51316793
I can eat ur mums cunt when ever I want a go m8
>>
>>51316810
>affinity
>going to be tier 0 ever
>>
>>51316793
In defense of lantern, once the lock is in place and there's more than 1 mill rock, there is a very low chance of the other person winning so it's not my fault people can't see the writing on the wall.
>>
>it's another fucking turn 1 inquisition
fuck xmage
>>
>>51316832
Nobody cares about being milled one at a time. It's Ensnaring Bridge that everyone tries to get rid of.
>>
>>51316891
>once the lock is in place
Meaning I have bridge out, it wasn't answered and I control their drawsteps which means they wont draw an answer to bridge.

Not sure what the point of your post was desu learn to read.
>>
Is there anyone else on the planet that's still playing Bant Spirits except for me?
>>
>>51317389
I would play it if Hierarchs, Misty and Cavern weren't such a steep investment
>>
>>51290645
Ad Nauseum and Dredge (rip in pieces)
6 weeks ago?
Paper. I wanna hold my cards
Baleful Strix
>>
>>51316876
Lmao git gud
>>
I wish there was an easy way to sell my shit, I've got a bunch of stuff laying around to sell and I want to buy into robots, been playing it a bunch online and I'm digging it
>>
>>51316876

protip: you can build decks that are not weak to discard
>>
>>51316876
>t1 Inquisition
>reveal Think Twice, Think Twice, Cryptic, Verdict, 3 lands
Come at me Jundfags
>>
I just built Knightfall. Is splashing red necessary? Also is Izzet Staticaster that good?

I've goldfished a couple of times and it seems awkward to cast not off of CoCo
>>
>mfw esper transcendent
>esper charm
>rebound esper charm
>snapcaser - esper charm
I'm playing this deck
>>
>>51317389
I play UWb spirits

I want to create a new, rather casual deck, like mill. Any ideas?
>>
>>51318868
Wrecks infect
>>
>>51318963
>4 mana do literally nothing shitwalker
Ebin
>>
>>51316606
Bexause lantern control is for scumbag faggots who only win if their opponents are dumb enough to concede.
>>
>>51291279
We KINDA got a Hymn with Whispers of Emrakul. It requires hitting delerium tho.
>>
>>51306390
You can't cast AV that way.

Please learn the rules before you play or at least before you post.
>>
>>51320626
Wrench Mind is a Hymn light too.
>>
>>51301772
It cn also make Inkmoth nexus bigger I guess so ther eis that.
>>
>>51321127
Zero is less than 3
>>
>>51321127
Holy fucking shit anon, you're such a fucking retard
>>
>wrench mind is hymn light
Honestly I've never casted wrench mind and my opponent discarded 2 lands and I won't right there on the spot
>>
>>51321127
You are mistaken. Ancestral Vision has a converted mana cost of zero, which is less than three. Yahenni's Expertise lets you cast a spell without paying its mana cost, so you can ignore the nonexistent mana cost of Ancestral Vision and cast it for 0. Perhaps you should follow your own advice and learn the rules before talking down to others.
>>
Is Abbot of Keral Keep good in burn modern?
is burn a good deck?
>>
>>51322374
Burn is, Abbot is not.
>>
>>51322374
>abbot
I've never really seen that card be in any main deck. Occasionally I'll see it in a sb
>is burn good
Yes, naya burn is tier1.
Any other version (mono red, r/g, r/w) isn't AS good, but is still playable.
>>
New thread
>>51322705
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.