[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 52

Which is the best?
>>
>>51290184
Any that piece of trash Rey doesn't use for her fucking faggot rewrite sue bullshit
>>
>>51290184
>Which is the best?
the black one
>>
Viridian>cyan>silver>the rest
>>
File: thanks-doc.png (44KB, 120x500px) Image search: [Google]
thanks-doc.png
44KB, 120x500px
>>51290184
>>
>>51290184
I like most of em, but silver's something extra.
>>
>>51290248

That saber was the one that Anakin, Luke, Finn and hell even Han once wielded. Why hate on it now?

Yeah Rey is a Mary Sue, but why hate on her that much? Good actress, good general concept, and enough other stuff that the movie survives it. Better writing might yet rescue the character.

Oh, best saber? Deep blue. Or, perhaps a roiling storm cloud grey.

White is probably the best tactically, because it doesn't stand out from other light sources, but a Jedi is all about meditation and diplomacy. Style matters.
>>
>>51290184
Black or purple
>>
Second from right would be my color of choice
>>
>>51291185
>Good actress
>Opening your eyes really wide makes you a good actress now
neck yourself
>>
>>51290184
Purple or green or orange
>>
>>51290184
The one that was before Disney bought them all
>>
>>51290248
Wow what a high quality and meaningful post
>>
>>51290184
infrared
>>
Definitely yellow.

>>51291524
>>51291701
>>51290248
Excellent content, really on topic and adds to the thread.
>>
My understanding of lightsaber colours correlating with personality:
>Blue = protector/warrior, literally the Jedi Guardian colour
>Red = consumed by the dark side, literally the Sith colour
>Green = diplomat/negotiator, literally the Jedi consular colour
>Yellow = pragmatist/watcher, literally the Jedi Sentinel colour
>Purple = brash/volatile
>Orange = mystic
>White = Unaligned/purity
Do these sound about right?
>>
Give me two green, two blue and also turn me into a cool robot dude.
>>
>>51292669
Technically the red color just comes from the crystal that is used being synthetic.

That said, from a mechanical standpoint. I believe the 3rd and 4th from the right were my go to blades in KotOR, double cyan if using console commands.
>>
>>51292723
In the new canon, I think red crystals are regular crystals that are corrupted by the Dark side during the lightsaber creation process
>>
>>51292723
>>51292768
Before Disney bought out Star Wars, it was canon that Luke's lightsaber crystal was synthetic because the empire mined all the crystals from the places Jedi usually get them. He even adapted some of Sideous' notes on synthetic crystals for the new Jedi order for the same reason.
>>
>>51292807
>canon
The people making the Star Wars movies have never cared about the spin-off novels, videogames or anything else. (Well, Lucas liked that they existed, but that's not the same as caring about the plot) Stop blaming Disney for not agreeing with your fanfiction.
>>
>>51291185
>reddit spacing
>>
>>51290184
Grey, becuase it is sharp, and precise. I also like yellow and dark blue.
>>
File: 32494-12424-7717.jpg (12KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
32494-12424-7717.jpg
12KB, 284x284px
>>51291185
>good actress
>>
>>51292865
>formatting for ease-of-reading is a bad thing

You fucking wot
>>
>>51290184
Of those, probably yellow or orange, but only because I don't like that shade of purple. White's too snowflakey.
>>
>>51292579
Infinitely moreso than that character, yes.
>>
>>51292843
I'm not mad about that, just not ascribing to the idea that only bad guys use synthetic crystals.
The new canon is that Luke's using Qui-Gon's old crystal. Even though the real reason his lightsaber is green is because making it blue would have fucked with rotoscoping the colour against the sky in the sarlacc scene.
I AM mad that Disney has appointed writers who follow the idea that the empire are Nazis instead of a large despotic government with its own potential heroes, and that Thrawn's introduction into Rebels waters him down to a genocidal maniac who screeches autistically when anyone insults art in front of him
>>
File: minty green 3.png (445KB, 816x807px) Image search: [Google]
minty green 3.png
445KB, 816x807px
>>51290184
I like teal.
>>
>>51290184
Black core blades are the best. I like Purple-Black the best.
>>
>>51294907
Blurple lightsabers. Truly SWTOR is a grand achievement.

Thank god they're shutting that shitshow down.
>>
>>51290184
I only now realised that purple lightsabers make no fucking sense.
Neither do white.
Green is cool.
>>
>>51295011
They are? Didn't it just get an expansion recently?
>>
>>51295084
The last one.
>>
>>51295152
Haven't people been saying that shit for years though? I quit shortly after the Starfighter PvP came out and people had been saying "Ded gaem is ded," pretty much since launch
>>
>>51295080
How do they make sense less than other colors?
>>
>>51295239
There's a big difference between saying, "This game is dying", and "This game is going to have only one more expansion, and it has to do with how definitive the statement is.
>>
>>51290184
Cracked red natural crystal. Accept no substitutes.
>>
>>51295430
Shut up Ben.
>>
>>51295449
YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, MOM!
>>
>>51295340
Hey man, light doesn't come in those colors! It just doesn't make sense!
>>
>>51295468
Not anymore, anyway.
Too soon?
>>
>>51290184
Gotta love green
>>
>>51292597
The thread's not on topic with the board to begin with.
>>
>>51294907
Black core blades are only acceptable for Sith, because I like my Star Wars pure black hat vs. white hat.
>>
When I was a kid I used to think that blue is the color for padawans and green is the color for masters, because Luke got a green saber when he became a jedi knight and because Qui-Gon had a green one and Obi-Wan a blue one.
>>
File: 533px-PlanckianLocus.png (152KB, 533x599px) Image search: [Google]
533px-PlanckianLocus.png
152KB, 533x599px
>>51295340
Lightsabers are lasers, produced in the same way as real-life lasers, with crystal electromagnetic emission. Emission can only produce monochromatic light though, and purple and white are colours that our brain interprets from mixtures of light. Purple light is a mixture of blue and red, and white is an even mix of the three primaries. This means that, unless those lightsabers contain multiple crystals, or lightsaber crystals are so magic they can rewrite physics, purple and white lightsabers cannot exist.
Pic related. The outside curved line is the monochromatic line, showing every colour you can have a laser in.
>>
>>51295749
>lightsaber crystals rewrite physics
Well, sort of yeah.
>>
>>51295656
Starwars is /tg/, so long as it's not just cinema-talk, in the same way character/landscape art threads are /tg/.

It was, however, not on topic for the thread.
>>
>>51295749
Maybe the purple crystal is like a see-through geode with both blue and red crystals inside.
>>
>>51290184

Well, the EU was universally and without exception shit, as is anything that stems from it. Therefore, the only valid colors for comparison at all are red, blue, green, and (sigh) purple.

Of those, green is clearly the best. Both because it stems from the most ergonomic sabre hilt from the movies, and because it actually shows up well in all conditions, even against a forest background. Having your sabre blade blend into the sky or blend into the color of the dramatic lava flows behind your death fortress is poor tactics.

>>51292669
Those are all complete shit. The actual canon sabre colors generally identify the wielder as a follower of one of the various philosophical interpretations of the Force.

Red = Sith
Blue = advocate of the Unifying Force (Ben)
Green = advocate of the Living Force (Qui-gon, NOT Luke)
Purple = advocate of the Force Bitchslap

Also, Luke's crystals and sabre parts were found in Ben's old hut in the ANH novelization (ie, still canon). Where would Ben have gotten those parts? He pretty clearly kept his old Master - Qui-Gon's - sabre, and Luke cannibalized it decades later to make his own new weapon. It's not a philosophical statement for him.

>Stop looking at EU crap and Wookiepedia and focus on the film scripts, film novelizations, radioplays, and movies (and the two canon TV shows). Those are ALL that matter.
>>
>>51295739
The theory we had when we were kids (until RotJ ruined it with Luke's Green Lightsaber) was that lightsabers only came in primary colors and there was another secret order of Force users with Yellow lightsabers.
>>
>>51295749
>Lightsabers are lasers
>>
>>51291185
>good actress

What

Im not even a /tv/ fag but her acting was hammy as fuck
>>
>>51292707
Mein negro
>>
>>51295960
From a purely academic standpoint, sure, but for a Pulp Science-Fantasy Space Opera series, it was fitting.

Would you say Jeremy Irons is a bad actor based on the Dungeons and Dragons film?
>>
>>51290184
EVERYBODY KNOWS

GREEN IZ BEST
>>
>>51295917
If they're light (which LIGHTsabers probably are) that's emitted through the stimulation of crystals, they're lasers. There isn't really much to it.
>>
>>51295749

No they aren't.

According to astrophysicist Yakov Borisovich Zel'dovich, a rapidly spinning conductor will cause the creation of virtual particle radiation at its surface. Particle production is controlled by the charge, angular velocity (of rotation) and radius of this charged conductor.

If we imagine a rod-shaped charged field of atomic-scale width, which is rotating at near-lightspeed, then charge regulation becomes the control for the particle emission type and quantity. Such charged fields would tend to repel one-another, which means the blades could block one another.

The glow of the sabre blade consists of photons energised by the rotating field. The opaque 'thumb-thick' blade shape may be a swirl of ionised air drawn in and swirling about the core. When you ionize a gas, you actually have a plasma, which would glow like a flourescent tube. The roughly thumb-thick plasma zone is merely a by-product, the real cutting is performed by minuscule core of the true blade...leaving almost microscopically thin cuts. he actual color is just a tracer, helping the wielder track the blade's position.

Such a rapidly-spinning superconducting field would tear through most matter by stripping off electrons which bind atoms together. A wound to a soft-tissue organic would appear to be a microscopically thin burn - and such a wound would tend to be cauterized. Dense metals which have loosely bound electrons would be more resistant to cutting. The 'atom stripping' effect would take a little longer to take effect, because such materials have more electrons to spare.

This means that while lightsabres could cut through virtually anything, some materials would offer more resistance to a sabre blade, and we can now understand how Vader's armor was able to ward off Luke's glancing blow.

Boom. Physics-accurate - if theoretical - lightsabres, and not a magic crystal in sight.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010412232606/http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/ls/sabres4.htm
>>
>>51295994
>Would you say Jeremy Irons is a bad actor based on the Dungeons and Dragons film?

No. I don't have to say it, because based on the Dungeons and Dragons film, it's self-evident he's a bad actor.
>>
>>51290184
>>51295858
Well in that case i would say Purple is the best.
>>
File: IMG_0533.jpg (88KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0533.jpg
88KB, 630x1200px
>>51292879
Daisy Ridley is actually a very charming actress and pretty much saved Rey from being an underwritten Mary Sue f a m

She's got talent and so does Boyega
>>
>>51296136
>Jeremy Irons is a bad actor
wew lad.

>>51296080
Lightsaber is canonically a misnomer, the blade is magnetically contained plasma.
>>
>>51296181
>She's got talent

>Not a Mary Sue
>woman
>talented

Pick one.
>>
>>51296117
There's also the plasma torch concept, which is when you have a perforated pipe that constantly emits plasma through the perforations. If the pipe is charged, the plasma will surround the pipe, also looking and behaving like a lightsaber.
BUT we know lightsabers use crystals in their makeup, exactly like lasers. The magic crystals are referred to often enough, the were being mined in rogue one on that planet with the temple. Which means that these hypothetical designs don't apply.
Also an astrophysicist. Well, okay, third year astrophysics student.
>>
>>51296238
>It uses a crystal therefore it must be a laser
>>
>>51292594
This. Or Ultraviolet.

You can really fuck someone up hilariously with an invisible blade.
>>
>>51296238

If you're dealing with an atomic chain rotating at a significant fraction of c, then timing is going to be absolutely critical. That whole, "charge regulation" thing that was mentioned?

If the tuning of that charge if off slightly, you're going to end up emitting a large amount of gamma radiation.

You know what's really helpful when it comes to detailing very small increments of time? Crystals. You've got crystals in your digital watch. That doesn't mean the LCD projection comes from the crystal. Likewise, at least through ep08 of S3 of SW:Rebels (still catching up), we don't outright see a sabre blade being emitted from a crystal directly. All we know is that crystals are vital to manufacturing a sabre. If the Khyber crystals are used for tuning the blade charge, then nothing about >>51296117 goes against canon in the *slightest*, and the model it produces actually fits the on-screen evidence better than ANY model about a lightsabre being "coherent light" or a "plasma in a magnetic bottle".

Secondarily, the idea that a lightsabre is an optical phenomenon is mere speculation. People don't always to name things literally - a lightsabre doesn't necessarily mean a "sabre made of light". A "Star Destroyer" doesn't necessarily mean that there's "Star Frigates, Star Corvettes, and Star Battlecruisers". The idea that a lightsabre is called that because it doesn't weigh much, or that it *emits* light (ie, the ionized-particle glow) is equally as valid as the idea that it's called that because the blade itself is made of coherent light.
>>
>>51292597
SW was dead a few years ago
This thread is now about necromancy in the SW universe
And there actually were necromancers in the SW lore, I only know because I just fucking googled it

So SW has always been shit
>>
>>51290184
Brown.
>>
File: saber.png (334KB, 1187x501px) Image search: [Google]
saber.png
334KB, 1187x501px
>>51290184
Why your own of course.
http://www.saberparts.com
>>
>>51296136
>bad scripting/direction = bad acting

You are literally retarded.
>>
>>51296204
>le women are bad at everything
>>>/r/redpill
>>
>>51290970
This. Every time in KotOR I'd go either for silver or purple for the Mace Windu feel.
>>
File: vaber pinksaber.jpg (53KB, 640x315px) Image search: [Google]
vaber pinksaber.jpg
53KB, 640x315px
>>51290184
It's obviously pink.
>>
>>51296780

I love their concept, but goddamn their saber parts look like shit in general.
>>
>>51290184
Green blade's hilt, but the cyan blade.
>>
>>51295749
Why would this argument not apply to green and orange sabers?
>>
>>51295799
>Starwars is /tg/
No, it's not.
>>
>>51299418

Is there a Star Wars RPG?
>>
>>51296393
>And there actually were necromancers in the SW lore, I only know because I just fucking googled it
which means that you know fuck all about star wars, because the witches of dathomir are about as accessible as the eu gets, being readily available on netflix and all. so why, anon, are you in a thread you have no interest in contributing to? even the mary sue/rey defense force shitpost wars are both comprised of groups of people who at least nominally like star wars
>>
>>51299647
there are at least five in current circulation
>>
>>51299715
oh shit that means it's /tg/
>>
>>51299647

RPGs aren't traditional games. Therefore, Star Wars doesn't belong in /tg/. Delete the thread before it's reported.
>>
>>51299749
Hey if you got a problem with it go ahead since i don't think anyone else does.
>>
>>51299749
Star Wars also has a wargame.
>>
>>51299749
>RPGs aren't traditional games
oh shit anon, you're right. better call the mods on every 40k thread. and every DnD thread. Shadowrun and MtG certainly aren't traditional, so better get rid of them, too
>>
>>51299966
>implying what you're suggesting wouldn't hugely improve the board
>>
>>51299939
and several different trading card games (all varying degrees of unsuccessful)
>>
>>51299987
>he wants /tg/ to become /chs/
>>
>>51299987
so we should just delete /tg/ all together? it probably would improve the quality of the board
>>
get a load of this fag
>>
>>51300017
chess isn't traditional. he clearly wants tg to become /go/
>>
>>51300058
go isn't traditional. clearly he wants tg to become /tafl/
>>
>>51299418
By what possible logic?
>>
>>51299966
Given that all of those suck, yes, let's do.
>>
>>51300115
Can we become /lambknuckles/ again, please? Barbarians need not apply.
>>
>>51292768

fucking retarded retcon

Synthetic crystals actually made sense since Siths only care about mass-producing destructive power and little else.

It seems less like a rewrite and more like an asspull by someone who knew nothing of the extended universe which was already decently written.
>>
>>51297446

Vaders saber contained one of the last natural red crystals in existence, all others are synthetic.
>>
>>51300514
>knew nothing of the EU
A good 3/4 of the EU was trash, moving away from it was a good thing, even if it means losing some good stuff. I th8nk I'd almost prefer if new writers didn't know anything about the EU.
>>
>>51299408
It doesn't because >>51295749 is a dumbass. Purple and violet are interchangeably used by everyone outside of technical documents to mean the same thing. But purple is a composite color of red and blue while violet is a spectral color. So while you can't have a purple laser from a single source, you can have a violet laser. I own a 405 nm laser pointer. You could too.

>>51295749 is also a dumbass since a "white laser" would not be an even mix of primary colors. The human eye has greatly different sensitivity to different wavelengths and you would need different powered sources to get a beam of what would appear white. You also wouldn't use "primary" colors unless he meant "red, blue, and green." The human eye also has different sensitivities under different luminance levels. So, unless you can mix you source outputs on the fly, you are going to have an off-white saber of different shades depend on where the observers are looking from. Even then, different observers will see different shades at the same time unless they are under the same lighting conditions.
>>
>>51290184
light blue looks pretty aesthetic
>>
>>51300514
>Synthetic crystals actually made sense
They also make sense because even with modern, not-space-magic technology we can make more perfect crystals of anything you can find naturally in addition to lots of crystals that you can't even find in nature.
>>
>>51295858
Then why does Yoda use a green crystal when he had to be convinced by Qui-Gon after death about the Living Force?

And would you say that Luke follows the Living Force by default?
>>
>>51299697
>The internet has information that breaks my narrative
You've already got your tickets for the next "movie", don't you?
>>
>>51299349
Yellow hilt with blue blade. Y'all motherfucker don't even electrum.
>>
>>51300592
Its all bland shit now, id take the convoluted mess over that any day.
>>
>>51295858
No nigga, you dumb and probably a fag with all that shit you're pulling out of your ass.
>>
File: orks everywhere.png (96KB, 394x294px) Image search: [Google]
orks everywhere.png
96KB, 394x294px
green is best

>>51296181
You're right i've never see such a women emote so much just by ejecting her eyes from her sockets.
seriously, she's playing an annoying character, direction didn't save her and her bugged, smush mouth hotheadness didn't either.
>>
>>51301172

Make no sense, but officially canon. Might have something to do with cleansing Dark Side-corrupted stones from some poor schmuck's Inquisitor's spinsaber. Read Ahsoka.
>>
>>51301537
If things are bland it gives them room to make new interesting stuff instead of piling on a convoluted mess and making it more confusing.
>>
>>51301908
>If things are bland it gives them room to make new interesting stuff
But that's never gonna happen. The majority of the market they're operating in doesn't want interesting things, only something to talk about for the next to weeks. They're never gonna attempt anything that can potentially lower the sales margin. Its the highway to blandville all the way through.
>>
>>51294907
Dumbest edgelord shit I've ever seen
>>
>>51302251
Damn those black core crystals were all over the unmanned market and the regular cored/white core were rare and almost twice the selling price. Nobody wanted the fucking things.
>>
Fuck saber color, let's argue about saber set-up!

I hold that a single, standard construction lightsaber is all you'll ever need. None of that curved-hilt, double-bladed, dual-weapon nonsense.
>>
>>51301537
>he hasn't watched the good episodes of rebels
>he hasn't read any of the new books or comics
You watched TFA once and based your entire perception of nucanon on it I see.
>>
>>51303226
I actually unironically love Kylo's saber. I think it should be unique, but it's cool as fuck, especially with his angry, sloppy fighting style.

For me though:
Classic hilt, but about half again as long because I have really big hands. I think I'd like some horizontal grooves for the bulk of it for grip (maybe even done in a hardy rubber), reinforced by two inch-wide outer bands running top to bottom. The activator would require a double press to deactivate, housed about an inch from the top in a low-profile plate. The emitter shield would be straightforward, with a simple guard about half an inch from the end to prevent slips/provide a brace. The pommel would be a widened, shallow-flanged cylinder. The entire thing would be regular silver with gold accents, with electronics/grip in black, with either a yellow or blue blade, I can never decide.

Yes I have autism.
>>
>>51303676
>with either a yellow or blue blade, I can never decide

Well do you prefer chuuni or mamoru?
>>
>>51303702
I don't know what either of those things are
>>
>>51303764
Never mind
>>
>>51303702
Purple is way more chuuni than yellow.
>>
File: tumblr_nsmpflUTyA1uu2popo1_500.png (355KB, 479x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsmpflUTyA1uu2popo1_500.png
355KB, 479x600px
>>51292597
>yellow
my brother of African descent
>>
>>51296318
Yeah, or you could also fuck yourself up with an invisible, weightless blade.

Hilariously.
>>
File: plo_koon_by_lotsmanoff-d9n62ys.jpg (299KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
plo_koon_by_lotsmanoff-d9n62ys.jpg
299KB, 1280x1920px
>>51303822
Oh hell ye boi
>>
File: jesus-carrasco-2-final.jpg (324KB, 1200x1311px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-carrasco-2-final.jpg
324KB, 1200x1311px
>>51303903
>>
File: awrp1Qx_700b.jpg (88KB, 700x494px) Image search: [Google]
awrp1Qx_700b.jpg
88KB, 700x494px
Let's put it to a vote. Who preferred the individualism and change dark side vs the collectivism and stability light side with a morally grey division between them of the EU, or the more black and white morality of the new cannon?
>>
>>51304104

Original movies/new canon. Shades of grey works fine for non-force users but I think it weakens the OT story to have 'Nah, sith can be ok'.
>>
>>51300492
>lambknuckles
Get your fucking mass producde shit out of here, do theatre fights like a real man
>>
>>51295872
Yeah I thought yellow and orange light sabers were for neutral force users
>>
>>51304104
There is only one true uncorrupted jedi code.
>Emotion, yet peace.
>Ignorance, yet knowledge.
>Passion, yet serenity.
>Chaos, yet harmony.
>Death, yet the Force.
>>
File: Jedi_temple_guard.png (287KB, 575x515px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi_temple_guard.png
287KB, 575x515px
>>51303822
>>51303903
>>51304024
Oh fuck ya bud.
>>
File: PloKoon.jpg (481KB, 533x720px) Image search: [Google]
PloKoon.jpg
481KB, 533x720px
>>51303903
I came here to post Plo Koon.

Yellow/orange, always.
>>
>>51304386
Are you using your emotions as fuel for your actions? You're a sith. Are you not? You're a jedi. Kind of a binary thing as it's the philosophies that have been clashing over the millenniums more so than the organizations.
>>
>>51295858
white is also canon because Clone Wars and Rebels series are still canon
>>
I tend to choose green but I like purple and white too.
>>
>>51290184
The one that wasn't even supposed to be a lightsaber so it became a darksaber.
>>
>>51304485
My point is that the updated jedi coda as posted in >>51304104 is small minded and wrong. It is a doctrine. Emotion, passion, ignorance, chaos and death all exist. Denying that is ignorant and indoctrinating in itself. The code I posted acknowledges all these things and it shows the feat the jedi achieve by rising beyond those things. If you can find peace despite your conflict of emotion; if you can gain knowledge despite your own ignorance; if you can find serenity despite your passions; if you can create harmony within chaos; and if you can die, yet keep existing within the Force, you are a true jedi.
>>
>>51303557
Even the good episodes in Rebels are dumbed down for kids.

And the new books are a re-hash of what was on the EU. TFA is another pottery attempt, Rouge one did it right.
>>
>>51303226
I maintain that the curved hilt is a valid option.
Christopher Lee requested it himself to better fit to his fencing skills.
>>
>>51305062
Curved hilt like the one Lee used would be perfectly acceptable since that would allow more leverage for even more torque as you swing.
>>
File: Muh Saybuh.png (969KB, 1660x830px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Saybuh.png
969KB, 1660x830px
>>51290184
I like purple, orange and silver.
>tfw can't make curved hilts.
>>
>>51303874
>Lightsabers
>weightless
When will this meme stop?
Lightsabers are heavy as fuck.
>>
>>51305215
He's saying the blade is weightless.
>>
>>51292723
I used blue and orange, because I'm a PR-conscious jedi.
>>
>>51294907
Functioning eyes are wasted on people with shit tastes of your caliber.
>>
>>51295749
LIGHT sabers, i always assumed that the crystal colored the beam, like how if you shine a flashlight through a colored bit of glass or some shit it turns that color
>>
>>51300568
What an unnecessary and pointless detail. The EU really sucks balls.
>>
>>51303226
I cringe everytime I see someone dual-wield lightsabers.
Single blade is the way to go. Curved hilts are fine too.
>>
>>51304485
Taoist or Buddhist?
>>
File: 1024px-Fencing_img_0466.jpg (134KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Fencing_img_0466.jpg
134KB, 1024x1024px
>>51305287
>not using a parrying saber
Pure plebeian.
>>
>>51305290
It actually reminds me of Hindu for some reason.
>>
File: purple laser.jpg (5KB, 251x168px) Image search: [Google]
purple laser.jpg
5KB, 251x168px
>>51295749
Except we have purple lasers, you dumbfuck.
>>
>>51305342
I can see that too.

My comment was more following the tao is a thing of emotion and activity, while zen advocates nonthought and passivity.

Which is entirely wrong anyways so nevermind.
>>
>>51305334
>Needing a parrying saber when you can see the future
>>
>>51305372
>trusting your hokey religion over a good saber
>>
>>51305391
>Not trusting the only thing that lets you wield the blade efficiently
>>
>>51305351
I mean i can see Buddhist with the squares but the curves really remind me of Hindu.
>>
>>51305416
>not trusting it enough to use two blades because two is always better than one
>>
>>51305372
>>51305391
>>51305416
>>51305424
>not trusting a blaster, the true best man's friend
>>
>>51305424
>Not trusting it enough to know that one blade is all you need

>two is always better than one
Starting to sound like a sith there
>>
>>51305445
Speaking of which, in the EU, did Luke keep carrying his blaster after he became a Jedi Master?
>>
File: ahsoka_660.jpg (95KB, 660x990px) Image search: [Google]
ahsoka_660.jpg
95KB, 660x990px
>>51305448
I just like orange butt cheeks.
>>
File: step up nigga.png (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
step up nigga.png
2MB, 1920x816px
>>51305416
>I'm not a robot
>>
>>51305461
Decent enough character design, but I never could stand her personality and her existence makes no fucking sense in context to the movies.
>>
>>51305448
>one blade is all you need
Only the sith deal in absolutes.
>>
>>51305507
Absolutely.
>>
>>51303226
One saber to be wielded in either two hands, or with a free hand to use the force with easier.

Colour doesn't matter, which ever I get hold of is objectively the best.
>>
>>51290184
either copper, purple, or green for me. preferably with the slightly curved handle.
>>
>>51290184
The one that lets me defend the people who need to be defended.
>>
>>51290184
Green. Always and forever.
>>
File: luke saber.jpg (23KB, 390x425px) Image search: [Google]
luke saber.jpg
23KB, 390x425px
posting best saber
>>
My opinion > Yours
>>
Dose it have to be a blade can we get something like a scythe or like twenty daggers we can force throw?
>>
>>51299647
do you see it being discussed here, right now??
>>
>>51303821
I find the concept behind Jedi sentinels to be chuuni, whereas the only major character who had a purple saber was decidedly not.
>>
>>51305507
Is that not an absolute?
>>
File: rs-1.jpg (27KB, 620x384px) Image search: [Google]
rs-1.jpg
27KB, 620x384px
>>51308414
Shhh.
>>
>>51304104
I've always felt that perhaps the greatest tragedy of the Sith with the EU-style codes is that they remained governed entirely by their negative, destructive passions. I like the idea that there may exist a middle path that embraces a whole-of-the-force philosophy that accepts the nature of sapient life: everyone has both light and darkness inside them, so rejecting either results in dangerous imbalance. I see the Sith Code as written as being closer to that, but as followed not so much. Part of me would like to see a force user who embraces Living -- a sort of drunken master figure who seems to take mirth and revelry into even a potentially deadly lightsaber duel

Also, I know that the canon answer is that any prophecy of the force being balanced was completed at the end of Episode 6 when the Sith are obliterated, but I always liked the interpretation that the force was brought into balance at the end of Episode 3 instead, with two Jedi and two Sith alive -- Protip: balance is not a good thing for you when you outnumber your foes by a lot.

But the black-and-white variation probably makes for better cinema, so I'll take it.

>>51296181
Yeah, not a lot even a good actor can do to save a terminally fucked writing/directing combo. Hayden Christensen gets a lot of hate in the prequels but Natalie Portman's performance is just as terrible and we KNOW she can do good work when not having to recite Lucas's 'romantic' dialogue. That said, I don't think Rey was really 'saved'. She could have been worse with a less talented actress, but she's still bad.
>>
>>51305220
Except that's also wrong, I'm pretty sure that the blade creates a "strong gyroscopic effect," making it heavy. Or something idk.
>>
>>51308560
>everyone has both light and darkness inside them,
The jedi recognise this, especially jedi like Windu and those who left the order, they just stick to their stoicism to minimise the risk of falling to the dark side. The light side doesn't exist; it's only a term meant to juxtapose the way the jedi practice the force against the dark side. The dark is a corruption entirely; there's no gradient. It's like a cliff; either you're on the cliff itself (neutral force, stoic or not) or you've fallen off (dark side) - you can stray near the edge, but you can't balance on it because you'll get swept the fuck off by the wind.
>>
File: onlyasithdealsin.jpg (164KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
onlyasithdealsin.jpg
164KB, 640x426px
>>51305507
>>51305512
>>51308414
>>
>>51308818
The Jedi are about the suppression of our darker nature and primal urges instead of accepting them as a part of our essential self. (Though Luke's new order rectified this and was more like your post)
>>
>>51309476
Yeah exactly. The jedi force these harsh rules on themselves out of fear for falling to the dark side; then as it turns out they contributed to the worst fall to the dark side in the order's history. Thing is; it only really applies to them because no one else is at risk of falling off the deep edge like them.

And Luke's way of doing it is certaintly better. Acknowledging your feelings but being able to exercise enough self-control to not let them control you seems to be the way to go, as opposed to being controlled by them like the sith.
>>
>>51308818
>The jedi recognise this, especially jedi like Windu and those who left the order
>especially jedi like Windu and those who left the order
>those who left the order

Kinda makes you wonder.
>>
>>51296238
>>51296317
what even is this
>>
>>
Sith, all day, ere' day.

It's one of the few avenues when you can legit for full edgy and just be the dick you knew you were always meant to be.
>>
File: 1483245074675.png (382KB, 495x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483245074675.png
382KB, 495x720px
>>51312028
>tfw literally incapable of playing bad characters except for Dark force users

I think it's because it's the only way I could ever see myself bring legit evil.
>>
>>51305287

Nigga stay mad. Sidious is bad ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

Also what about dual wielding dual lightsabers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcfV6yUUMhs
>>
>>51290184

Always been partial to red, it looks so much sharper than the other colors
>>
>>51290184
Blackwing or w/e is in the Darksaber.
>>
>>51295858
>please lucas fuck my ass some more
nice blogpost there buddy
>>
>>51295858
Yellow, white and black are all canon as well.
>>
>>51295858
>advocate of the Force Bitchslap
I chuckled.

Also Ahsoka's white lighsabers a best, fight me.
>>
File: sith_cookie__by_hybridgothica.jpg (41KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
sith_cookie__by_hybridgothica.jpg
41KB, 800x534px
>>51312028
>>
>>51290184
Blue>Red>Green>Yellow>White>Orange>everything else
>>
>>51308755
The very addition of an 'idk" makes your statement worthless as fuck. Unless there is a canon statement to that effect somebody can find> It would be logical to assume that a plasma or laser blade would be for all intents an purposes weightless.
>>
>>51308560
>everyone has both good and evil inside them, so rejecting either results in dangerous imbalance.
fucking nerds need to knock this heresy off
>>
>>51292865
we've been doing it a lot longer than they have newfag
>>
File: 1452037882093.jpg (516KB, 1920x982px) Image search: [Google]
1452037882093.jpg
516KB, 1920x982px
>>
>>51295410
m8 EA will keep the game running until it stops making money
and retarded whales will always keep TOR in the green
>>
File: open_lightsaber_1_by_ukkorunner.jpg (214KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
open_lightsaber_1_by_ukkorunner.jpg
214KB, 2048x1536px
>>51296117
>http://web.archive.org/web/20010412232606/http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/ls/sabres4.htm

That dudes entire argument boils down to "I'm right and everybody else and all official material is wrong"
>>
>>51317052
>That dudes entire argument boils down to "I'm right and everybody else and all official material is wrong"

He's not wrong about that, either.

At least his arguments make sense. Half the stuff from the EU or nu-canon is purely based around what makes a good videogame/RPG character powerup with nary a regard for verisimilitude. Lightsaber crystals are a perfect example of this. Get this crystal? +1 damage! Get that crystal and you can get a +2 damage and +1 to hit!

Well fuck all of that. I'm sad the guy's pages are gone, because he has a far better handle on the universe than Lucas or any one of the EU writers ever did.
>>
File: kabal_vader_by_fah_qeu.jpg (182KB, 1024x1507px) Image search: [Google]
kabal_vader_by_fah_qeu.jpg
182KB, 1024x1507px
>>51317204
>At least his arguments make sense.
Not saying they don't, in fact I particularly like >>51296117 this explanation of a lightsabre, but like it or not every thing about his opinions and theories ignore and contradict published and licensed material making them basically his own fan-cannon

Hell he even spells lightsabre in a contradictory manner it's supposed to be Lightsaber
>>
>>51317359
>Hell he even spells lightsabre in a contradictory manner it's supposed to be Lightsaber

Original spelling for the lightsaber rotoscoping in the ANH credits WAS with an "re" on the end, anon. I've got a laserdisc floating around somewhere that spells it that way as well. There's a valid leg to stand there. Plus, they're both correct, insofar as saber can also be spelled sabre and lose nothing.

Lightsabre to me sounds very British, and I wouldn't begrudge an anon who used it. Not everyone is American, and while therefore not everyone is perfect, they can still spell things using perfectly valid English spellings if they want.
>>
File: 1438304385428.jpg (167KB, 1158x654px) Image search: [Google]
1438304385428.jpg
167KB, 1158x654px
>>51317529
>Original spelling for the lightsaber rotoscoping in the ANH
See that is also a big part of my problems with this guy he cherry picks the stuff from the early days of the franchise and ignores everything else
In fact a lot of points in his arguments reference the original drafts of The Star Wars
>>
>>51290184
Man it really sucks that I cant find a good Starwars RPG that has Lightsaber Autism. I want to go through the whole building of it. Collecting parts mastering the force to assemble it. I want a Jedi Academy RPG so fucking much.
>>
>>51290184
Whichever one you ascribe meaning to.

Personally, I'm fond of pale gold.
>>
>>51317676
>See that is also a big part of my problems with this guy he cherry picks the stuff from the early days of the franchise and ignores everything else

The man's site is from the dark days of the prequels, and squarely in the middle of the shitpile that was the EU.

I don't blame him one little bit. The best stuff about Star Wars *was* the stuff from the early days of the franchise.
>>
File: XENOMORPH SITH 8 copy lighter.jpg (281KB, 1219x1600px) Image search: [Google]
XENOMORPH SITH 8 copy lighter.jpg
281KB, 1219x1600px
>>51317750
>The best stuff about Star Wars *was* the stuff from the early days of the franchise.
Agree to disagree
I for one prefer the prequels despite their flaws
>>
>>51317679
Saga's got a bunch of modifications you can use and your supposed to do the make your lightsaber quest at level seven. Your GM being in on it is the more important point.
>>
>>51295858
>Stop liking what i don't like!
>>
>>51317679
Yeah whenever I play a SW rpg I always like to go a little in depth with lightsaber descriptions
They usually end up looking somewhat unconventional
>>
>>51318535
Every Jedi's light saber is supposed to be unique to them. An expression of their personality and how they interact with the force. The weirder the better in my book.
>>
File: Sith+lord+yoda_77dfce_5925228.jpg (82KB, 701x905px) Image search: [Google]
Sith+lord+yoda_77dfce_5925228.jpg
82KB, 701x905px
How fucked would we be?
>>
>>51292669
There was a Jedi who had a red one but swapped it out durring the clonewars
>>
>>51318570
He'd be dead a lot sooner. Dark side makes you sick/decrepit, and Sith Yoda would absolutely immerse himself in the dark side.
>>
File: 1430884646684.jpg (123KB, 1024x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1430884646684.jpg
123KB, 1024x1100px
>>51318849
>Dark side makes you sick/decrepit
Outwardly but then you have guys like Darth Plagueis who could extend and create life and Darth Sion who held himself together long past the point where he should have died
Not to mention all the crazy ass monsters made via Sith Alchemy, all that goes to show that one properly trained and well versed in the Dark Side aren't as feeble as they sometimes appear
>>
>>51318910
I'll concede the Darth Plagueis example, but once you've reached the point Sion reached, you're honestly better off dead.
>>
>>51296318
>>51303874

If memory serves, the Gand can see ultraviolet light. If an ultraviolet-bladed lightsaber is possible, a Gand Jedi could have a pretty big advantage over a lot of people. Against a Jedi master, though, it'd probably be a gimmick more than anything.
>>
>>51318424
Shit taste detected
>>
>>51291185
>Good actress

I'm so glad there are only 6 star wars films
>>
>>51321263
How the fuck did you come up with six?

Star Wars, Empire, Jedi.

T H R E E
H
R
E
E
>>
File: Palp_trustme.jpg (180KB, 1529x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Palp_trustme.jpg
180KB, 1529x1200px
>>51321327
>He doesn't appreciate the meme value of the prequels
>>
File: smilingsheev.jpg (34KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
smilingsheev.jpg
34KB, 720x450px
>>51321352
Get the fuck out, Sheev! What did I tell you last time?!
>>
>>51311983
Acknowledge and understand your dark side, and where it's coming from. And then get rid of it.
>>
>>51292865
>reddit spacing

Really?
I've heard of reddit tv, reddit movies, reddit food, reddit WEATHER for fucks sake but reddit spacing?

Fucking really? What the fuck? I'm not even mad I've just reached the point where that doesn't even make sense. How the hell do you know what reddit spacing is anyway?
Did you just decide on that?
>>
>>51304024
"LET ME CUT OFF MY OWN DICK."
>>
>>51292883

Thanks.

That had to be the most limp-dicked use of the "u iz reddit" meme I've ever seen.
>>
>>51290184
I dunno, not one of these dildos look comfortable to me. Is this some kind of fetish?
>>
>>51322045
Fifth from the left is nice, except for that fucking switch.

....what?
>>
>>51303226

Agreed. Simple, elegant. Effective.
>>
>>51305062

Oh come on, what does Christopher Lee know about killing people?
>>
File: 1439072448046.jpg (26KB, 342x401px) Image search: [Google]
1439072448046.jpg
26KB, 342x401px
>>51322345
>>
File: 5483208-1729096184-12267.jpg (76KB, 800x1135px) Image search: [Google]
5483208-1729096184-12267.jpg
76KB, 800x1135px
>Single hilt vs dual wield
Niggas, please.
>>
>>51290184
Luke's green lightsaber is the best saber of all the movies/extended universe/legacy-what-have-you.
>>
>>51322345
do you not know?
>>
>>51322465
I never did get to see the proper ending to KOTOR II. Killed Kreia and then the game just froze. Then wouldn't retrieve the save file.
Played through twice and it did it both times.
Apparently corrupting saves was common for KOTOR II
>>
Excluding the snowflake options (black core green with gree hilt) I'd say

>orange
>green
>red
>>
>>51290184
The one you build yourself, obviously.

Which explains a lot of Jedi rituals around a padawan's first saber.
>>
>>51322553
its a problem, yes. All you missed is a butt-ton of exposition about you, your actions and companions.

>Atton shall keep his murderer’s heart. Many deaths shall he cause in the dark corners of the galaxy – always hunting, always finding prey. He shall grow hungry in a galaxy where there are few Jedi, and it will eventually consume him… but I shall say no more.
>>
>>51308755
>>51314957

It was very well established in the EU canon. Basically as an excuse for why only Jedi get lightsabers.

Nucanon eliminates that. There's basically no reason a normal person can't wield a lightsaber provided that they have basic skill in melee. And indeed, we see normies doing just that in the cartoons and movies.
>>
>>51322638
Yeah because it's not like there was some normie using a lightsaber perfectly fine in the original trilogy or anything.
>>
>>51322686
I don't know how heavy they're actually supposed to be, but they would really only need to be heavy enough to be awkward to use over other weapons for them to really only be a jedi weapon. It's not like it would specifically mean nobody else could use them though. The only example I can think of that actually says they're "heavier than they look" was in that 3D clone wars cartoon, but I wouldn't be shocked if there were more
>>
>>51304104
Grey all the way. I understand the love of the black and white morality in new canon and if that’s how you intemperate star wars then great, but I've always liked the idea of balance between peace and action though emotion, or light and dark. Using emotion and passion tempered with discipline and altruism in order to do good.
_
That said I think the grey shouldn’t be a path of power or inner enlightenment like the dark and light respectively. Being better at both sides’ game with none of the downsides is the path of the Mary-sue. It should be the path of reasoned but emotive action, weaker than the sith due to the holding back of emotion but not as connected to the will of the force or the boost to intuition it gives as the light. Instead the power the grey gives is versatile but lacks strength. Good at getting shit done on a personal level but lacks the specialisation needed for the truly interesting powers of the Jedi and the Sith.
_
Anyway that’s my two cents on the issue. My definitions of the light and dark aren’t great and this is mostly just my ramblings but maybe this whole thing is worth something to someone.

also >>51322465
holding blades is for chumps, only a fool uses the power of a wizard to enhance their swordplay.
>>
Shit, this reminded me I should really suck it up and watch the new movies

I mean I endured the prequels I surely can endure this and grow stronger
>>
>>51324433
As a fan of the old stuff, I actually enjoyed Rogue One. Not the best movie ever, but it was a huge improvement over The Force Awakens. It wasn't constant shitty jokes and mugging for the camera while trying to copy an older, better movie.
>>
>>51311983
>insert oww the edge comment
>>
>>51324433
>>51324518
As a frenchfag, I rencently watched the original trilogy in the english version and man, lucas cannot write dialogue for shit
With the exception of Vader (which is pretty amazing), the translators did a much better job transcribing what the characters conveyed, they almost seem "bland" or even parodies of themselves at some moments
>>
>>51325313
Benzaie ? Or someone who watch him ?
>>
>>51322530

Why, know what, kind anon?
>>
>>51290924
Thanks doc
>>
File: 1481520309629.jpg (1MB, 3055x2220px) Image search: [Google]
1481520309629.jpg
1MB, 3055x2220px
>>
>>51329173
Stupid. Lightsabers are impenetrable to other lightsabers.
>>
>>51329662
the quillions are ever so slightly off set
>>
>>51290184
I always liked the classic blue and green, but I've grown to like yellow and orange a lot, especially orange because it's like I'm using a sword made of glorious sunlight.
>>
>>51329173
Delete this
>>
>>51295858
>Well, the EU was universally and without exception shit, as is anything that stems from it.

Thanks Nigel Farage.
>>
>>51329662
Yes. And?
>>
>>51327445
That Christopher Lee, was in fact british special forces during WW2 and killed people, knew what a man whose throat had been cut would sound like as they bled out, and various other things.
>>
>>51317052
>>51296117

Not sure if you guys know this but that guy used to be well-known in the SW fan community back in the day. But he ended up losing his mind and basically became batshit insane due to behind the scenes shit he experienced during the filming of AOTC. See, he was an Aussie and a Kendo expert who ran some kendo school or some shit. Him and his school was hired to work on AOTC to be background Jedi for the Geonosis battle area scene... only for Gilliard to favor more a different group of people who didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

Since Brown was a mega-hardcore Kendo freak, he was offended as off and went off the deep end. Frankly, I'm not even sure if him or his students even made it into the final cut.
>>
>>51333644
He was part of the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. A cheekily British way to describe their espionage and sabotage tactics behind enemy lines. Their actual missions are still classified, but basically they'd have been the team from Inglorious Basterds sowing terror within German borders.
Lee never told anyone what he did back then.
Whenever someone would ask him, he'd lean in all conspiratorially and ask them, "Can you keep a secret?"
They'd inevitably insist "Yes! Yes!"
To which he'd reply, "So can I."
>>
>>51300486
Why are you here?
>>
>>51334572
I've never looked at all of his personal history, so thanks for the info, I was just repeating one of the stories about his acting career after the war, where a director tried to tell him how someone would sound after a slit throat and he just said no, I know how that sounds, you're wrong.
>>
>>51334782
I think you're thinking of Peter Jackson when filming Saruman's death in Return of the King.
He actually gets stabbed in the back by Wormtongue and the script called for him to cry out in agony. But Lee explained to him that when you get stabbed in the lungs from behind, all the air is forced out and you can't scream and he knows because he's seen it/done it.
>>
>>51334572
>To which he'd reply, "So can I."
He was based as fuck.

Was very sad when he finally died. They don't make em like that anymore. His whole life was just amazing.
>>
Anything other than red, green and blue are mary sue try hard oc donutsteel bullshit.
>>
>>51334815
Thats the one.
>>
>>51335139
There was purple in the movies too, and the guy wielding it was anything but a Mary Sue.
>>
>>51335831
Shh. The other anon just wanted to rip on people and feel cool on the 4chans. They never cared to begin with.
>>
File: 1483667907220.jpg (126KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483667907220.jpg
126KB, 500x500px
>>51290924
>>
File: tumblr_ny4gb3FSP11skri5ro1_500.jpg (72KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny4gb3FSP11skri5ro1_500.jpg
72KB, 500x706px
>>
>>51295858
>Thrawn trilogy
>complete shit
People baffle me sometimes.
>>
>>51299749
What the fuck?
So then what is?
>>
>>51292768
And red crystals can now be purified and you can get a white crystal that gives you a white lightsaber blade.
>>
>>51341847
That could be a unique case, and lets not forget that Ahsoka could be wrong she has been away from the Jedi for quite a while, and there's no indication other crystals couldn't function for use in lightsabers, as of yet, unless I'm missing something.
>>
He would of made a great Sith.
>>
>>51290184
Has there ever been a good jedi that had a red saber? Must it really be a sith thing? I know that the red crystal is man-made and all, but what if one really like the color?
>>
>>51303822
>>51303903
>>51304024
>>51304408
>>51304431

Yellow lightsabers? Yeahh BOOOOIIIIII!!!!!
>>
>>51348736

All that's subject to change now due to the canon reboot. Until recently the answer woudl have been yes. So the answer now is "well, maybe."
>>
File: REP_090_HATEBEAK.jpg (100KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
REP_090_HATEBEAK.jpg
100KB, 600x602px
Red.
>>
>>51322686
>normie
>not force sensitive from having "a bad feeling about this"
>only using it to cut up a snowcamel and not in combat

Please.
>>
>>51290184
SIlver=Purple>Everything else>Red
>>
>hurrr nucanon is the only reason why normies can use sabers
>Grievous
>Motherfucking Boba Fett
>Gallandro's junkie daughter
yeah nah son
>>
File: Imperial Knights.jpg (573KB, 873x717px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Knights.jpg
573KB, 873x717px
The only real choice
>>
>>51357183

With rebels, you now get some good lightsaber accessories. Though the Inquisitor helicopter saber is out of hand.
>>
>>51303822
Go read Dark Disciple
Vos vucks Ventress
>>
>>51293133
>The new canon is that Luke's using Qui-Gon's old crystal.
Such a small galaxy
>>
>>51295858
>he didn't like the vong war
>>
>>51318570
I remember in one EU book there was a segment from Dooku's POV and he was actually trying to get Yoda to turn. Yoda rused him into thinking he did, and as soon as it happened, Dooku was all "FUCK I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE"
>>
>>51318424
Hayden Christianson... Also "Yipee."
>>
>>51358439

Nobody who matters in the course of human history liked the Vong war.
>>
>>51357125
Greivous counts as a normie now?
>>
>>51303226
I agree with all but the curved hilt. I think curved is still viable and respectable given you use a form conducive to it.
>>
>>51330746
Bullshit they are. Look at it. And what purpose would that serve, other than to channel the opponent's blade onto your hand or the damageable parts of the quillions themselves?
>>
>>51364424
It might have been EU, but I thought Lightsabers couldn't slide on each other?
>>
>>51365438
Obi Wan does it in Ep 3 to cut one of Grievous' hands off. That's part of the reason why you need the Force (or Princess Kylo's bitch-ass quillons) to wield them effectively.
>>
>>51366650
Kylo's saber doesn't have a crossguard. It's just poorly constructed so he needs exhaust ports.
>>
>>51366722
I read somewhere that they would still function as a guard even if the metal parts were struck. Probably not canon, though.
>>
>>51340941
I know the truth sometimes blows the mind, but the Thrawn books are meh at best. You just read them when you were 13 and thus had shit taste as all kids have shit taste.
>>
>>51366777
>I read somewhere that they would still function as a guard even if the metal parts were struck
I haven't seen any canon source stating that, but i haven't read everything in the new EU.
>>
>>51304431
This, tbqh familiae. I can never choose between them.
>>
>>51295858
>and (sigh)
>clearly the best. Both because it stems from the most ergonomic sabre hilt from the movies, and because it actually shows up well in all conditions, even against a forest background
Autistic faggot.

>>51300514
>Synthetic crystals actually made sense since Siths only care about mass-producing destructive power and little else.
You're just pulling that outta your ass and it's not why the sith used them though, it was because the jedi controlled the places to mine the crystals.

>>51305280
Yeah all these unnecessary details! Superior spergs like us know all stories should just be that a guy did some stuff and anything that isn't directly essential to moving the plot forward is just pointless!
>>
>>51304485

Yeah. It doesn't mean you can't have emotions, you just can't let them fuel your power. It's kind of like, well 'forcing' the force to do what you want. It puts a deeper meaning to what Obi-Wan said to Luke in ANH.

"You mean it controls your actions?"

"Partially, but it also obeys your commands."
>>
File: Bastila Shan.jpg (227KB, 1024x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Bastila Shan.jpg
227KB, 1024x1434px
>>51290184

Yellow obviously. A balance between force and sabre mastery.

> Bonus points if it's a double-ender and Bastila has it. :^)
>>
So how about that new title eh?
>"The Last Jedi"
>>
>>51369276
>after i die, the last of the Jedi you will be
It's about luke
>>
>>51291185
>Yeah Rey is a Mary Sue, but why hate on her that much?
Because
Try to follow now
Because she's a Mary Sue
>>
>>51295858
>(sigh)
Jesus fucking christ, where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>51369936

It's a big movie and she wasn't the only thing in it and as Mary Sues go she wasn't as destructive to the movie as, say, a jar-jar. Movies like 5th element are trainwrecks that require decades of ridicule but Daisy Ridley did a good enough job IMO that despite her poorly written character the movie still more or less works.

Shit the original matrix movie survived Keanu Reeves. The Shadow is still a classic despite Alec Baldwin sucking in it. Give her a break.
>>
>>51368858

The idea is, you push the force and the force pushes back.

It's like quicksand, or one of those non-newtonian fluids. You can move through it easily enough, so long as you're slow and steady. But if you start splashing hard against it, then suddenly it turns hard as rock and you sink.

So a calm patient Jedi can use the force to accomplish some impressive things. Someone who's using the Dark Side is drawing on a much greater immediate source of power. They can accomplish some pretty pimp things, but in doing so karma starts pushing back violently-- corrupting you and turning you into a blindly flailing creature of your own moods, even as it builds up a karmic debt that eventually has to come due.

So using the Dark Side, I might be able to levitate a vast rock-- one much bigger than I could have without having resorted to the dark side. But there's some reason I'm moving that rock, some ultimate purpose, and THAT recedes away from me even as I try to pursue it.
>>
>>51296136
>Jeremy Irons is bad actor

You take that back.
>>
>>51295749
Light can't be contained in mid air and cut through shit you retard.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.