[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Something New

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: call-of-cthulhu.jpg (616KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
call-of-cthulhu.jpg
616KB, 1200x630px
sup /tg/

Me (GM) and my gaming group have been playing only Call Of Cthulhu for longest time and we'd like to start something more combat focused and lighter in tone since horror drags after long campaigns.
>>
File: rlyehshopclass.jpg (35KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
rlyehshopclass.jpg
35KB, 600x462px
>>51279610
I am in the same position.
Just finished HotOE and want something short and more action packed.

We're going to play Pulp Cthulhu which looks very fun. It will keep all the things we like while allowing us to have a more action oriented game.
>>
>>51279740
Yeah pulp cthulhu looks interesting when it comes to the rule changes
>>
>>51279740
Took me a second or two to realise what was wrong.
>>
>>51279610
Add 5e to your list of options. Make it the second choice.

FFG 40K rpg games are fun if you still need horror, but still want to be able to shoot things and have them die

Savage Worlds. It's got Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, and Supers supplements. Like Gurps, but replace Crunch and Simulationism with a more cinematic approach.
>>
File: images.png (2KB, 130x130px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2KB, 130x130px
>>51280040
Thanks for the ideas. I briefly considered pathfinder but people seem really divided on it. Whats your thoughts, if you've played it that is?
>>
>>51280101
Broken system. You'll have plenty of options, but your GM will be spending a lot of time under the hood trying to balance the party and the monsters trap options and broken options everywhere.

Good if you like it, but not a great system to jump into.
>>
>>51280152
All right I'll check out 5e. Would you recommend anything as well as the core books?
>>
If you want something new and fresh, why not some one-shot systems? They're great for breaking the monotony of a previous campaign before you jump into the next long term commitment.

Good options are:
>One Last Job
>Lasers and Feelings
>Everyone is John
>>
>>51280283
There's not much. Wysiwyg with 5e supplements and options. Don't but Sword Coast Adventurers. /5eg/ has everything in pdf format if you want to try before you buy.

Oh, also encounter creation system becomes useless at higher levels. Players in teams get a whole lot stronger than the rules suggest (still balanced amongst themselves and within the system, just able to take on stronger stuff)

Use this instead. It's faster and it works: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?367697-Encounter-difficulty-how-to-fix-it
>>
>>51280303
I'll definitely try these ones out
>>51280361
Good to know, thanks again my dood
>>
File: strike_cover.png (740KB, 460x595px) Image search: [Google]
strike_cover.png
740KB, 460x595px
I have a suggestion!
>>
>>51280657
I mean, you don't get any more combat focused and lighter than this.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.