[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one make a Splatoon skirmish game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: DDXL7Um.jpg (244KB, 1021x826px) Image search: [Google]
DDXL7Um.jpg
244KB, 1021x826px
How does one make a Splatoon skirmish game?
>>
>>51279195
Customizable units with weapon/gear choices (no point costs, you get X units depending on format)

All your attacks are AoE. You use those plastic AoE dish things, except they are colored, and thinner/more flexible (bend up to 90 degrees and stay like that), and you leave them on board, possibly covering any previously there. Units standing on their own color get a speed/dodge boost.

Have a mobile app you can use to determine who has more of their color on board by snapping a pic from above.
>>
>>51279195

You just wanted an excuse to post that picture, didn't you?
>>
File: Sayman squidlings.jpg (53KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
Sayman squidlings.jpg
53KB, 600x851px
>>51281554
It's not even that good, there's better stuff out there...
>>
>>51279195
with a strong sturdy rope and a chair to kick out from under you
>>
I think the best way to make it work would be embrace the unusual angle Splatoon takes on things.

The game is all about area control. Kills don't matter, it's all about how many tiles/objectives you paint your colour, in line with the game.

You could stick to relatively simple activation mechanics, perhaps each figure only being able to be activated a certain number of times before they need to reload, all that good stuff.

How to do the paint mechanics on a tabletop, though... Putting tokens on grid tiles/flipping them would just get annoyingly fiddly, so you'd probably be better off using larger, abstract zones just to minimise the number of tokens you need to mess with.
>>
>>51279195
Customizable units(load outs of weapons,secondary weapons, and ults)

All attacks are AoE(multiple ways to do this, dishs,individual tiles, tile groups)

Movement bonus when moving on your tiles and penalties when moving on opponents tiles

Respawns would probably be a fairly big thing, like when you kill one of their units it comes back a turn later

So killing units slows down the opponent and creates a AoE splash for you

Splatfest would be big battles that are a cluster fuck
>>
>>51281580
i see no cameltoe. objectively inferior picture. where do you think you are, i don't even have a boner
>>
Bump,
Lots of the things proposed here resamble an arena shooter wargame I been willing to design.
>>
File: ungulate alqaeda.jpg (822KB, 2481x2066px) Image search: [Google]
ungulate alqaeda.jpg
822KB, 2481x2066px
>>51282285

Cameltoe?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.