[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with players non uniform ruler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

Wargamer here. A player at one of my games decided to spend a rather good chunk of money on some artisan ruler. Now, this player knew that I always handed out red whippy sticks to use from gamesworkshop that are "fair" as possible.

Now he is upset that I am not letting him use his gay little ruler and forcing him to use ugly ass gamesworkshop still.

What would you do with a little shithead who thinks his fancy ruler matter when they are obviously not the right length?
>>
>>51275302
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
File: 1476106318360.gif (2MB, 655x357px) Image search: [Google]
1476106318360.gif
2MB, 655x357px
>>51275302
How DARE this player use anything other than something that claims to be accurate beyond any reasonable requirement for a hobby? BAN HIM!
>>
File: varg.jpg (5KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
5KB, 250x237px
>>51275302
Stop shitposting.
>>
File: muller-lyer.gif (2KB, 608x378px) Image search: [Google]
muller-lyer.gif
2KB, 608x378px
OP here. I have experiences in the past with people who bended their rulers and other Bullshit. Yes it is a very tough wargame and playing like you got a pair is something I'm not afraid of.

The reason is simply for fairness and also there is no need for cosmetic DLC in a tabletop game. If I let him use his unfair ruler that he has full access to rig and file down, it becomes P2W.
>>
>>51275376
>Implying 40k isn't intrinsically p2w
Riptides ain't free dawg
>>
File: 1482528919912.jpg (88KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482528919912.jpg
88KB, 640x640px
This is the exact same bait thread from a couple days ago about the dice. OP should kill himself
>>
>he doesn't use dial calipers to ensure .001" accurate model placement.
>>
>>51275447
its not though. costing money isn't the same as p2w.
>>
Tape measure is objectively the best way to do it. Rulers and the red whip sticks gw gives you are too firm. A tape measure is much easier to use.
>>
>>51281264
a squad DV tacticals equipped as shown costs about the same amount of points as a riptide, but the power of the two units is vastly different, as are the price in dollars.
>>
>>51284701
That's just because the riptide is a big mini and GWs pricing can be inconsistent.

I could spend even more money on a box of carnifexs which would also cost more points but get stomped on by the cheaper riptide.
Theres good stuff thats cheap and good stuff thats expensive as well as expensive or cheap crap units.
There's no relation between the monetary cost and the effectiveness of a unit/army in 40k, so its not pay to win.
>>
>>51284907
>one expensive model is bad, therefore the entire system isn't pay to win
kirby really fucked things up

in any of the non-shit tier factions, the expensive models are usually also stronger for the points than the cheap models
>>
>>51284988
it's not just one. Most tyranid MCs and a lot of tanks and walkers a pretty luck luster.

but no its not pay to win. because the cost of a kit is no idication of how good it will perform on the table.

If it was pay to win the best armies would be the most expensive, rather than cheap to midrange cost that they actually are. While stuff like ork swarm or nidzilla is both crazy expensive and terribly perfoming.
>>
>>51275504
It is the same thread almost to a T
>>
File: fucking nito.jpg (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
fucking nito.jpg
17KB, 200x200px
Here, we see the dawn of a new meme. Let it prosper, and not die a forced death.
>>
>>51275302
eloquent/tg/ents, I think we've created a meme.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.