[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WH40K

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: inquisition.png (16KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
inquisition.png
16KB, 250x200px
Starting a WH40K game (thinking DH), none of the players want to play humans, the closest is a pskyer mutant or some shit. They either want to be Tau, space marines, eldar or necron apparently.

Is there any RP games set in 40K that's more liberal with character generation to fit that kind of game.

I can't even imagine a situation in the 40K universe for these guys to team up and go on their merry way under the inquisitions banner. Anyway I hate my life and seriously considering killing myself, any advice on that too would be cool.
>>
>>51269011
Well, Rogue Trader works pretty well for some Xenos/Oddballs in the party. But really, it just sounds like your players don't want 40k, so either find new players or a new setting.
>>
>>51269011
Run black crusade maybe? They sound like a bunch of fucking heretics
>>
It sounds like they don't want to actually roleplay in the 40k setting. Play a different game.
>>
>>51269011
Explain to your players that this is 40k, where everyone wants to kill each other and that their current party line-up is the worst and would get purged by all sides immediately.

If they've played some games before, come up with a campaign pitch and ask them to make characters in line with that idea, which will both make your life a whole fucking truck-load easier and make them fit-in better. If they still want to go full heretic/xenos, Play either Black Crusade for a mass of chaos filth or Rogue Trader for the ability to roll around with Xenos in your party.
>>
Hey guys, thanks for your replies, this group formed because we had all been reading the all guardsmen campaign recently and were super excited for some "grim dark." We already play 5e where most of the time they pick the most obscure races and play mostly chaotic neutral bullshit. Anywho I think they really want to be special snowflakes in the imperium. God I hate them.
>>
>>51269402
Well no fucking wonder. AGP is the Critical Role of 40k rpgs. Normies keep trying to emulate it with no success.
>>
>>51269402
All Guardsmen Party, alongside stuff like Critical Role and a bunch of the really good storytime threads are extremely high standards for a roleplaying campaign. Yours probably isn't going to be like that.
Black Crusade is pretty good for special snowflake bullshit, especially if they have a habit of killing NPCs and other Party Members.
But if they want to get into the real gritty grim-dark of the 40k setting. Go either Dark Heresy or Only War and pull no punches. Ask them to try to downplay the characters and avoid OOC knowledge. Throw a single Kroot at them as a shadowy merc in the employ of a Tau-sympathiser or some rival Inquisitor and just play up the fact that the alien, mutant and heretic are all reviled and hated.
((Kroot make great encounters honestly, threw one at my party once. It went kind of like the Predator movie. Shadows and shapes out of sight, hunting traps, a lair full of skinned and butchered meat hanging to dry and a single kroot hunting out acolytes who stray too far from the party. Don't bother if anyone is a Space Marine though, it doesn't work then.)
>>
Sounds like your players really don't want to run 40k. The focus on humanity is a pretty fundamental aspect of the WH40kRP games, and the system increasingly falls apart beyond that.

It would be doable in Rogue Trader, but it'd take some "creative" (read: shit) storytelling to make it work.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.