[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D 5e firbolgs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: firbolg 5e and 4e side by side.png (2MB, 3232x1280px) Image search: [Google]
firbolg 5e and 4e side by side.png
2MB, 3232x1280px
Yo what the fuck happened to the firbolg. They used to be kick ass viking men and then in 5e they changed them into tall hippy fey that for some reason make me think of shaggy from scooby doo. ( Am I the only one who sees this?)
>>
>>51268733
It's obvious that they got un-WoWized you plebian. Go back to /v/ with your video game 4e WoW simulator tastes.
>>
>>51269383
Stale. Get a new one.
>>
File: Firbolg2e.gif (22KB, 300x360px)
Firbolg2e.gif
22KB, 300x360px
>>51269383
Firbolgs have been viking looking giants long before WOW was even a thing, you ignorant swine.
>>
>>51269383
The WoW was removed but tumblr was added instead. I'm not sure it's an improvement.
>>
>>51270431
They changed it because of the everlasting "So, do they count as humans or giants" arguments I remember from AD&D.
>>
>>51268733
Tall Viking men? Wtf wotc??
The firbolg are Irish in origin!
>>
>>51268733
Because the "tiny giant" burlyman PC race slot was already filled by Goliaths, and Angry Scotsman/Retarded Viking is filled by Dwarves.

Meanwhile, Elves are significantly less hippie in 5e. So they took the name of an existing race, slapped in onto Elves 2: Big Blue Boogaloo, and comissioned art for them with a nose straight outta tumblr circa 2012.

Firbolg are stupid in either incarnation, but at least 5e Firbolg have the whole seclusionist Gentle Giant thing going for them, with adventurers being either the assholes who got forced into fulfilling some sacred duty, or the glorious few who dare to be badass.

>>51272071
Fir Bolg, "Bag Men." As in "Men swollen as bags with lust for battle." Retards working for TSR interpreted that as "Bersekers," got shitty scots-viking art for it, and when WoTC bought out TSR they continued the tradition.
>>
File: tumblr_od29iov1IR1t17kgeo1_500.gif (170KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od29iov1IR1t17kgeo1_500.gif
170KB, 500x333px
I like both the new and old concepts, but as >>51272146 says, the archetypes that old firbolgs represent are fairly covered. For what it's worth, the book before they were released was a module about giants fighting over the Ordning; they decided clearly they didn't have a place there anymore.
Honestly given the mess that is I'd rather they mash them into goliaths and separate them, so that the stoney skinned practical battle bigmen (who already get giant as a language) were minor giants and maybe got some of that Irish flair, and we also have the light-footed gentle giants who honestly could do well with their own more primordial Irish flair..
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.