[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digimon Tabletop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 55142319_p1.png (232KB, 750x845px) Image search: [Google]
55142319_p1.png
232KB, 750x845px
Figured it was time to gauge interest in people for a digimon game and/or tell a storytime or two about a game that started here and come to completion.

(Well it really started on /a/ but we got some of our key members from a thread here too)

Please see our blog for an introduction on the characters since I'm not going to reintroduce them for the story time.
https://digimonthefive.wordpress.com/mc/

Recommended/Mentioned Systems:
>Digimon Digital Adventures
>Monsters and Other Childish Things.
>OVA
>Savage Worlds
>Mutants and Masterminds
>GURPS

Line Templates:
http://imgur.com/a/zDSxf
(If you happen to have anymore templates please post them)

We're trying to get a discord going to help people to find games and support them in finding the same fun we had.

https://discord.gg/w5kypjG

So far we've gotten one game made, another indirectly made, and some interest in a third seem to be out there, so please join if you're interested in getting something going.
>>
Now for the storytime:
As a quick sum up for anyone not following.
(We would be just at the start of episode 3 on our blog if you want to read more)

>Our party is a group of kids who started up playing a game called Digimon Online.
>They end up meeting their partners and sign up for an adventure much grander than anyone of them expected.
>After a quick intro fight with a ninja on a train, the crew end up in the starter city and embark on their first quest.
>Unfortunately, things turn sour once they get there as an unexpected enemy shows up:
Hollowmon.

After the earthquake and a few athletics rolls, half of the party falls and gets stuck in some wireframe goop coming from the group.

There they find out what all the digimon were running from.

>A looming monstrous body crests over the hill. Its body is entirely made of a similar black wireframe to the muck at some of the kid’s feet. Its body is long, but thick and disjointed as it lopes along the ground. It doesn't have a "face" in the traditional sense, just an eerie mask that stares at the children with empty black eyes. From its "mouth" a chill mist whooshes out as it breathes in a labored way, even though the temperature was quite warm and sunny. It lets out a howl that sounds like an anguished wolf and rapidly charges at the party.

This poor abomination was later revealed to be called Hollowmon.

Starting the battle, Hawkmon gets his first evolution, Tentomon evolves, and between those two and Shoutmon, all manage to get everyone out of the muck. Once everyone was safe, Stingmon goes in and attacks Hollowmon, unleashing his first “ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!” spam (something he and the Banchos became very well known as the game progressed) unfortunately it didn’t seem to have much effect on the Hollowmon.

Nor did any of his or the other party member’s attacks making both players and characters very worried.
>>
>>51268443

As attacks continue to prove ineffective, Abby comes out with the suggestion to run.

Both Konrad and Castor are against the idea, Castor noting that this is a just game and if the rest of them want to run, they can, but he wasn’t going anywhere.

Chie decides to Jojo reference it up pulls a Joseph Joestar and flees. Todd didn’t actually have any input at this point, which sort of became a regular thing for him.

Abby and Castor have a battle of wills and between her baby doll eyes and Castor’s iron headedness. Their players do opposing rolls and thanks to dies being in Abby’s favor, she managed to win out and convince him to go. Much to Coronamon’s disappointment.
With everyone running, Konrad follows along as peer pressure is too strong.

All the while the Hollowmon pleads for them not to run in LOUD…BROKEN…SENTENCES”

Which the kids ignore.

They manage to escape via the pads they entered from returning to Hub City, leading to a second part of their journey, I may or not may not follow up with.

(Should probably note that everyone decided to run once it reached Castor’s turn on the initiative table, so he didn’t even get a chance to try and do anything. Poor kid only wants to punch digimon.

Also, the GM later revealed that we could have totally won against the Hollowmon, so Castor was right all along, but please ignore player bias.)
>>
>>51268464
In the meantime, have a cute Abby.
Literally impossible to say no to those eyes.
>>
>>51268464
Once they get back, Castor and Konrad pretty upset that they had to run, so with a little bit of pushing, the group gets into their first fight. (We were pretty bad about infighting as you'll eventually see)

The boys (-Todd) are upset,Konrad in particular wanting to protect the digimon that were running. Castor was just mad he couldn't do his part.

The girls and Shoutmon feel like there was no choice in the matter since things were not as they should have been and they needed to protect themselves and their partners. Since nobody wanted to see their digimon die.

Todd was on the sideline for all of this.

Abby eventually breaks up the fight by guilt tripping both of the boys by apologizing for being a burden.

Signalmon pops up again and inquiring on the situation with Todd, which the other kids join in on. They tell him what happened and he shows interest in the situation and notes the fact the group keeps running into problems, but announces plans to investigate further.

They kids hit their limit and they have to log out.

However during the process, something unexpected happens.

They get redirected to 'a beautiful and serene garden, with a nearby waterfall roaring.' There they meet ClavisAngemon who introduces the kids as DigiDestine-I mean Chosen.

He drops a ton of lore, particularly that the game isn't just a game and Digimon are in fact living in their own world and the Digimon reveal that they're actually heroes from the past reborn.
>>
>>51268996
Chie actually manages to call the hero reveal, so credit to her for that.

In regards to some other lore bits dropped

The world actually existed long before humans interference and it was through human and digimon cooperation that the current game was even set up as an easy way to bridge the two worlds together in a positive way and just as we gained access to their world via avatars, digimon can influence our computer systems by crossing over. Though the Firewall Brigade (Signalmon's peeps) have manage to prevent that from happening.

He reveals the faces of The Host (aka evil OCmons):

>Abyssmon of Deepest Depth
>Lacunamon The Contractor
>Howlermon of the Winds
>Obsidiamon of Dark Pillars
>Eldritchmon of Whispers

Though we only got this tidbit in regards to their personalities is:
>Fear can blind those from what they don’t understand, Lacunamon the Contractor was well known for bargaining for power and evolving digimon in exchange for loyalties.

As the game progressed we learned Lacunamon was indeed very good at his job.

While discussing the topic of the enemy this also came up:

>ClavisAngemon: There are two sides to every story Konrad, because I serve the light does not mean I blind myself to the Darkness’ existence– nor its necessity in the grand scheme of the balance of the digital world.

>ClavisAngemon: What I mean is, that everything, even the Host, exists for a reason–a yin and yang, as Taomon often put it. And THAT is the balance.

Konrad's Response:

>“Evil shouldn’t exist.”

Konrad was out sweet misguided good sided edgelord.

Anyways after this and some other talk (READ THE BLOG), ClavisAngemon upgrades the party's digivice to allow PET type functionality (if you're familiar with Megaman Battle Network) of taking the digimon into the real world and sending digimon into electronics.
>>
>>51269400
ClavisAngemon ends up running out of time. So the kids say their goodbyes and return to Alicia, who welcomed them with a lollipop for each. After some sweet interactions, the kids end the day, Alicia reveals a locket of a younger version of her and an even younger boy, and then we are left with a final scene.
(Which I'm going to just paste for you guys reading)

===============

“ARRESTOR LOCK!”

Signalmons hands erupt in a blue energy as he defends himself from the strange, wire-framed digimon bearing down on him.

He looks haggard and damaged, and he runs through a jungle as he looks ahead of him with a grim and stoic look on his face

He slides underneath a log as the wireframe, Hollowmon, sloshes over it and backs him into a corner against the wall. He grabs at his long sword baton and draws it in a defensive stance.

Hollowmon: WAAAAAAAAAANT RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Signalmon: I am Signalmon of the Firewall League, Tasked with protecting this server.

Signalmon’s lights engage as his weapon glows with a blue energy, he spits out a mouthful of “blood”.

Signalmon: I do not run.

“BUSTERRRRRRRRR BATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!”

Signalmon charges forward, surging with a crackling energy as Hollowmon open and envelopes him, and then everything is black.

Silent…

===============

And that was the end of episode 3.

RIP??? Signalmon

I'm not sure if I want to storytime step by step like this moving forward or just take highlights since the game is super long, but I figured at least getting the first day would give anyone following a sense for the dynamic we had going for future stories.
>>
>>51269400
Here's an image of the party to keep the thread alive.
>>
How long do Burst Modes last?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.